PDA

View Full Version : Shabbir Rahman Roman

Pages : [1] 2

Umar
November 26, 2010, 03:35 AM
PLease can we bring him to the national team...instead of ASHRAFUL? or even shovagotohom?

Ashfaq
November 26, 2010, 03:49 AM
Definitely better than Hom. But I still say he's to young. He showed mental fortitude, but his cricketing acumen is still untested.

Bond
November 26, 2010, 03:50 AM
he's better than naeem, mahmudullah combined, we should bring him now because we have better coaches and he can only get better.

lamisa
November 26, 2010, 04:02 AM
a few days back people were screaming their heads off to have hom in the team and now it's shabbir...i know that he did awesome today but i still think that it's too early...

Naimul_Hd
November 26, 2010, 04:27 AM
^ Hom is a good player, no doubt about it. Sabbir has been playing good in Under 19 level. These two players are really worthy to be in the national side, but its not the right time. They have still long way to go !!!

Umar
November 26, 2010, 04:32 AM
a few days back people were screaming their heads off to have hom in the team and now it's shabbir...i know that he did awesome today but i still think that it's too early...

As far ad I remember shovagoto only played a practice game against England and scores 90+?? in a friendly match that had no rules, no pressure, no real competition.

In contrast SHABBIR RAHMAN has been performing consistently. His techniques always looked solid since I saw him playin against England under19. Has the right attitude, calm and aggressive. And importantly.. DELIVERS ON TIME.

I want him to the National team ASAP as I fear lack of good nurturing may cause him to fade away.
Just like tamim and sakib, this guy will never let us down. That's what I believe and I'm sure alot of us has this feelings about him.

al-Sagar
November 26, 2010, 04:33 AM
can i get into the national team ?????

ammark
November 26, 2010, 04:35 AM
^ Hom is a good player, no doubt about it. Sabbir has been playing good in Under 19 level. These two players are really worthy to be in the national side, but its not the right time. They have still long way to go !!!

Agreed. They both need to take the lead in U-19, BCB XI and 'A-Teams' playing a good lot of quality international cricket. They will ripen like Sakib and Tamim in due time. Better not throw them into the Lion's mouth now like we did with many others.

Nadim
November 26, 2010, 04:39 AM
I think talented player like Shabbir, Nasir, Noor, Hom, Kamrul should train with NAT team when they are not involve with domestic/academy/A team.

This will bring the best out of and won't fade away quickly from INT cricket like Alok/Aftab.

Umar
November 26, 2010, 04:42 AM

Depends on what kinda delivery you do mate.. If u 'deliver' on time..Maybe u can apply!

mij
November 26, 2010, 05:11 AM
he's better than naeem, mahmudullah combined, we should bring him now because we have better coaches and he can only get better.

:up:

Train him up and give him mental and physical boost before take him for national team.

Acura_tl88
November 26, 2010, 05:31 AM
some of us here acting like those pakistanis at pakpassion, one goodinnigs and hes the next tendulkar,lara,shewag. please for god sake, let the guy perform more consistently in ncl/dpl for another 1 year or so. and i thought naeem played well, not sure why everyone seems to forget about him already.

MohammedC
November 26, 2010, 06:38 AM
In recent NCL One day Rumman started very well with a century than he had few poor games. He definitely has talent. But he also has inconsistency. Also he has not been tried against quality opposition.

nsd3
November 26, 2010, 07:48 AM
I think talented player like Shabbir, Nasir, Noor, Hom, Kamrul should train with NAT team when they are not involve with domestic/academy/A team.

This will bring the best out of and won't fade away quickly from INT cricket like Alok/Aftab.
Sounds like a good idea :up:

Habib
November 26, 2010, 07:57 AM

No because you as a player suck :P

Ajfar
November 26, 2010, 08:51 AM
yes yes why not he got us the gold against Afghanistan that AFG. He totally deserves a place in the team already. Heck I am even willing to kick Shakib out of the team for him.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Tasin
November 26, 2010, 09:53 AM

Yes, sure. Why not ?

In the 150 millionth national team. :lol:

Unfortunately not in no 1 national team

Tiger444
November 26, 2010, 10:00 AM
The guy is definitely a real talent. That said though let him be more consistent first. He's still so young and I would hate it if his talent got ruined. Of course it depends on how mature the guy is. Let him play some A team cricket first and then we could consider him. What we should do though is have him in our WC camp so Siddons can have a good look at him and see how far he is away from the team.

Umar
November 26, 2010, 11:28 AM
yes yes why not he got us the gold against Afghanistan that AFG. He totally deserves a place in the team already. Heck I am even willing to kick Shakib out of the team for him.

did you say the same thing about Shakib and Tamim? if you did then I am more for SHABBIR to kick out someone like Raqibul/Zunaid/Ashraful/and maybe Naeem.

Maybe you havn't noticed that most of the guys in our current team played for u-19 and came into national team quiet early. e.g Tamim, Shakib, Rakibul, Naeem, Mushfiq, Rubel, Nazmul, and to certain point SN/Ash/Aftab...etc etc

The success rate of those 17 years (tamim/shakib/Mushfiq/even Ash) are far greater than success to those who comes from domestic cricket i.e MAHMUDULLAH/ Javed Omar/Rajin Saleh/ Faisal hossain/ Junaid siddiq/Tushar Imran and the rest.

yes we might have wasted some of the players by trying them out I.E Dolar Mahmdud, I say they have only themselves to blame. if Shakib/Tamim/Mushfiq can do it ..why can't others do it?

And think about it...another 4 to 5 years..we will have more players from under 19s(and domestic) and some will be talented as Tamim or Shakib or even better...and they might get chance before Shabbir/Nasir/Shaker/Mitun/Amanul etc...which will ONLY but demoralise them..so TAKE GAMBLE sometimes..but DON'T gamble stupidly. This guy has proven he can cope with pressure, his techniques good, shows good temperament, can bowl, bat...hence take a chance with him.

Hack people were leading the WAR during the time of Prophet(pbuh) at the age of 20, Individual became Ottoman Sultan at the age of 19-20, and we are scared to send a guy to face a cricket ball who already showed he can handle it?

bro not to be rude but ...we shouldn't bother about future too much, That's in ALLAH's hand. when there is an opportunity, our job is to utilize it and see the outcome and accept it. in the End thats the decision of LORD, and that's Destiny. :)

roman
November 26, 2010, 11:59 AM
I say have him practice with the national team before the WC. Not only him but have all the talented players practice with the national team before selecting the final squad for the world cup. In this way they will be exposed to some quality training and if he/they got what it takes to be in the team, I am sure they will be noticed by the team management and can be our suprise package like Tamim back in 2007

AsifTheManRahman
November 26, 2010, 12:11 PM
if Shakib/Tamim... can do it ..why can't others do it?

I do think a national team berth might be too early for Roman, but totally like what you said here. There's no reason why the other players in the squad can't up their games to become close enough to as good as these two are. And if they can, we will win the World Cup. Otherwise, we'll be a bunch of sissies.

BanCricFan
November 26, 2010, 01:13 PM
I concur, Umar.

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Shabbir, Anamul, Nur, Shaker and Nasir are streets ahead of Naeem, Riyad and many others in sheer talent, skills, temperament and winning attitude. These boys are used to winning...and have won many a match for their sides (U19/Academy) from very tight situations. They are totally a different breed.

In my not so humble opinion, Shabbir and Nasir definitely should make the squad for Zim series; if not the WC squad. Shabbir could be our wild card for the WC and the PowerPlay batter we so DESPERATELY need. Some players are ready for international cricket at 19 and many not even in their late 20s. Shabbir and Nasir belong to the former kind. They are ready to be fast tracked into the national folds and warrant a place in the side before the likes of Naeem and Riyad.

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 01:18 PM
did you say the same thing about Shakib and Tamim? if you did then I am more for SHABBIR to kick out someone like Raqibul/Zunaid/Ashraful/and maybe Naeem.

Maybe you havn't noticed that most of the guys in our current team played for u-19 and came into national team quiet early. e.g Tamim, Shakib, Rakibul, Naeem, Mushfiq, Rubel, Nazmul, and to certain point SN/Ash/Aftab...etc etc

The success rate of those 17 years (tamim/shakib/Mushfiq/even Ash) are far greater than success to those who comes from domestic cricket i.e MAHMUDULLAH/ Javed Omar/Rajin Saleh/ Faisal hossain/ Junaid siddiq/Tushar Imran and the rest.

yes we might have wasted some of the players by trying them out I.E Dolar Mahmdud, I say they have only themselves to blame. if Shakib/Tamim/Mushfiq can do it ..why can't others do it?

And think about it...another 4 to 5 years..we will have more players from under 19s(and domestic) and some will be talented as Tamim or Shakib or even better...and they might get chance before Shabbir/Nasir/Shaker/Mitun/Amanul etc...which will ONLY but demoralise them..so TAKE GAMBLE sometimes..but DON'T gamble stupidly. This guy has proven he can cope with pressure, his techniques good, shows good temperament, can bowl, bat...hence take a chance with him.

Hack people were leading the WAR during the time of Prophet(pbuh) at the age of 20, Individual became Ottoman Sultan at the age of 19-20, and we are scared to send a guy to face a cricket ball who already showed he can handle it?

bro not to be rude but ...we shouldn't bother about future too much, That's in ALLAH's hand. when there is an opportunity, our job is to utilize it and see the outcome and accept it. in the End thats the decision of LORD, and that's Destiny. :)

valid point. agree

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 01:23 PM
this guy sabbir has right mentality.

he scored highest in under 19 world cup
performed in asian games
scored his century in his debutant firstclass matches
he is an effective leg spinner
his domestic average is 40 plus

he has techniques, mental strength and right attitude. definitely,he will be an wildcard for our world cup campaign.

he can easily replace some member like SN, junaed, rokibul, riad, razzaq, ashraful---his allround ability is plus+

Rabz
November 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
Yes, he should be drafted in place of Sakib.
After all, both their names start with S.
Nobody would know the difference.

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 02:17 PM
Yes, he should be drafted in place of Sakib.
After all, both their names start with S.
Nobody would know the difference.

you didnt find anyone else besides shakib?

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 02:19 PM
there is some people who is always against bringing new players in the squad. they opposed riad, kayes, shafiul,jahurul,tamim, junaed, shakib, rubel. after players start performing, they shut their mouth and start praising and act like nothing happened and they never said anything.

al Furqaan
November 26, 2010, 02:48 PM
he can't be brought into the national team at such a young age unless he shows he is DOMINATING the domestic setup or A team or whatever level.

even after averaging 50+ or under 30, respectively, many domestic "bullies" in strong nations like India and Australia struggle at Test/ODI level.

Ajfar
November 26, 2010, 02:52 PM
and than there are some people who keep nagging about brining new player into the team, and after they come and they suck. and than they start bashing those same player as if nothing happened and they never said anything.

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 03:01 PM
and than there are some people who keep nagging about brining new player into the team, and after they come and they suck. and than they start bashing those same player as if nothing happened and they never said anything.

what do u suggest? no new players should be tried?

name some players who came and suck in last 2 years and got ousted from team 4ever.

Nadim
November 26, 2010, 03:08 PM
there is also some ppl who dont want 30 or over yrs old player in the team even after scoring runs for 3/4 seasons becoz they are so sure they wont develop thier game any further.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 03:10 PM
there is also some ppl who dont want 30 or over yrs old player becoz they are so sure they wont develop thier game any further.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

agree. example: faisal Hossain dickens. no matter how he performs, they are not satisfied.

Ajfar
November 26, 2010, 03:14 PM
no I don't suggest no new player. But I suggest that players that we don't debut players that are not totally ready to handle the international scene. I think no one here disagrees with you that these guys are talented, probably more so than the bunch we have right now, and they all have a great future. but its probably best if we don't rush them, not just best for them, best for everybody. You tell me, what are the chances that someone like Shabbir or Hom will get drafted into the squad and then fail to live up to the expectations, and than get dropped. What would that do to their confidence? Just because the current players that we have are not up to the standard doesn't make sense for the us to ruin the future ones. And I already pointed out my case to you, look at Anamul/Hom/Shabbir List A average. They are not that consistent. They need to start converting the 30s to 50s, 50s to hundred. There are a lot of things left for them to learn even from our domestic circuit. and if these guys really are what everyone expects them to be than their turn will come in due time.

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
@bangladesh sy---- i agree some points with u. i am not saying, they should be immediately brought in main XI. whoever is playing for national team--i think at this moment they are in great form and showed against NZ and domestic too.
sabbir's average is not that bad, i think he is 40+, his under 19 world cup average is around 60+. he scored century in 4 day match and one day match, not too long ago. plus national team dont have any leg spinning allrounder. i think ODI and 20/20 he could be real asset.

but anamul is not even in BD academy squad. then how he can develop as a cricketer.i think age should not be a factor to select national team. misbah and hussey proved that.

crikss
November 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
If Tamim, Shakib manage to get chance in National team then this Guy also deserves too..I guess Sabbir's current record is much better than What Tamim, Shakib was having when they got selected..

But still I feel may be it's lil bit early for him to get in to the national team...but he can be a surprise package for WC

wiseshah
November 26, 2010, 03:32 PM
If Tamim, Shakib manage to get chance in National team then this Guy also deserves too..I guess Sabbir's current record is much better than What Tamim, Shakib was having when they got selected..

But still I feel may be it's lil bit early for him to get in to the national team...but he can be a surprise package for WC

like ur thinking

BASSMAN
November 26, 2010, 03:53 PM
Any video on this guy

frd
November 26, 2010, 04:03 PM
In this forum there are many threads '' the official everything about 'X' thread'' and all of these threads were opened after some g8 performances of those players.we all praise them when they play well i.e. After the tri-series at the beginning of this yr we praised riyad highly for him performance with the bat and said he should be batting higher in the batting order.blah blah. And now we r saying he should be replaced with hom and now may be with sabbir or with nasir!! That tri series was played only 11months ago !! Same thing happened with naeem after his herioc performance at the 5 th odi vs zm and hitting six 6's in an over in a domestic match and started calling him 'chokka naeem'.we even pointed our finger on shakib when he was going through a bad patch this yr and also called him overrated!!we are so impatient !!at the moment our team is at a steady state .we dont need any dramatic change.give the players lyk sabbir,nasir etc some tym.if they are good enough 2 play int cricket they will also perform for A team and in the domestic circuit coz one way or other we will bash them when they will b out of form.

Shaan
November 26, 2010, 04:13 PM
agree. example: faisal Hossain dickens. no matter how he performs, they are not satisfied.

Even Misbah from pakistan at the age of 37 can play why not someone who deserves to play despite his age. I guess some members here think cricket is so easy that every new bunch will come and win us a victory. You need sometime some experienced one in your team as well, if they are qualify enough. You just don't dismiss their quality by their age. Then people like Mike Hussey never would have played this game for Australia today !!

auntu
November 26, 2010, 04:26 PM
[বাংলা]শুধু দরকার দুই ছক্কা আর বিসির সুতার প্যাচ ... ব্যাস হয়ে গেলো...।[/বাংলা]

Umar
November 26, 2010, 05:56 PM
Even Misbah from pakistan at the age of 37 can play why not someone who deserves to play despite his age. I guess some members here think cricket is so easy that every new bunch will come and win us a victory. You need sometime some experienced one in your team as well, if they are qualify enough. You just don't dismiss their quality by their age. Then people like Mike Hussey never would have played this game for Australia today !!

Yeh we also have to see who is more successful and more prospective Umar Akmal/Mohammed Amir or Misbah?

Its all about taking chance. I remember when Yuvoraj singh and Mohammed Kaif came into scene, Wasim Akram said Both of them will be India's future. They both were for LONG TIME..one faded away one is still a star.
we have to stop losing the war in our head before we even show up and face the challenge.

Its not that we are sending KABADI players to play cricket. These players(shabbir/Nasir etc) have been playing cricket for LONG and they are mini professionals already.

Haru-party
November 28, 2010, 11:31 AM
to be honest he is the only one player who caught my eyes during the under-19 WC

jisaan
November 28, 2010, 12:38 PM
in U-19 wc,

he scored the most runs for bangladesh & was placed 10th in the tournament. his avg of 51.75 was 11th best among hundreds of world's top u-19 cricketers

Dilscoop
November 28, 2010, 02:12 PM
He hit 2 sixes against a mediocre bowler. Nothing to take away from him, none of the other guys could connect those mediocre bowlers. As great ATMR would say, they were classic sisy. He showed more guts then the whole team. And I expect that from someone who comes from U-19. They are trained to be harder.

But lets not go over board. If you do, then that's the best you are gonna get out of him. 2x 6. And I am sure we don't want that. He shouldn't be satisfied with it.

Night_wolf
November 28, 2010, 02:21 PM
He hit 2 sixes against a mediocre bowler. Nothing to take away from him, none of the other guys could connect those mediocre bowlers. As great ATMR would say, they were classic sisy. He showed more guts then the whole team. And I expect that from someone who comes from U-19. They are trained to be harder.

But lets not go over board. If you do, then that's the best you are gonna get out of him. 2x 6. And I am sure we don't want that. He shouldn't be satisfied with it.

its not just the sixes its the way he hit them..i felt some something at my heart there..this guy can be the one for the future..and i heard that he is also a leg spinner..thats also good..too much SLA is becoming too predictable in our team..we need variation

Dilscoop
November 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
i felt some something at my heart there..

Heard that a lot. And that's the problem. :-p

mij
November 28, 2010, 02:30 PM
its not just the sixes its the way he hit them..i felt some something at my heart there..this guy can be the one for the future..and i heard that he is also a leg spinner..thats also good..too much SLA is becoming too predictable in our team..we need variation

Ajfar
November 28, 2010, 04:43 PM
I felt some something at my heart there

That also happens to me whenever some hot girl smiles at me and than ......

Night_wolf
November 28, 2010, 10:19 PM

welcome 2 the team:)

PoorFan
November 29, 2010, 12:48 AM
He didnt do anything recognizable in local games as of yet, hence proves he needs more time before being called in for best 11.

Haru-party
November 29, 2010, 02:58 PM
welcome 2 the team:)

:lol: :(

jisaan
November 30, 2010, 11:10 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

that's adam-teasing.............!

tanvir_nus
January 12, 2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEF6N1AsJhc

Don't know if you guys have seen this... This is the magnificent innings from the man Shabbir. Whoever has seen him play has become an instant fan. I wish BCB considers him as an integral part of our T20 team to start off with. I see Nasir, Hom and Shabbir having the brightest future in BD Cricket.

Equinox
January 12, 2011, 10:50 AM
^He would be in my T20 team straightaway. But I think he needs at least one more season of NCL, DPL and A-team cricket to be considered for the ODI team.

My T20 XI:
Tamim
Mushfiq+ (maybe he can do a Jayawardene)
Ashraful
Shakib
Shubhagoto
Alok
Shabbir
Nasir/Rubel
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Razzak

Catskills
January 12, 2011, 04:15 PM
Shabbir is a fearless, yet cool headed cricketer. He has a can-do/does not wanna give up attitude. I see a bright future in him.

Nadim
January 12, 2011, 04:24 PM
not only Shabbir...player like Nasir/Shuvogoto Hom/Nazmul Islam Milon/Sanjamul Islam/Shuvashis Roy/Anamul Bijoy/NUR/Kamrul Rabbi needs to be given few chance at least in T20 in place of Kayes/Riyad/Mushy/Nayeem/Nazmul.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Aahiyan
January 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
Just saw the highlights of his batting. He missed so many scoring opportunity. He tried to play a slog sweep of a full length delivery instead of cover drive. I think Alok is better than him.

wiseshah
January 12, 2011, 08:52 PM
^He would be in my T20 team straightaway. But I think he needs at least one more season of NCL, DPL and A-team cricket to be considered for the ODI team.

My T20 XI:
Tamim
Mushfiq+ (maybe he can do a Jayawardene)
Ashraful
Shakib
Shubhagoto
Alok
Shabbir
Nasir/Rubel
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Razzak

love this T20 team but unfortunately our stupid selector will choose riad, rokibul, kayes, javed omar, mehrab jr, mushfiq and shahadat in this format and ruin the whole fun

i think the main reason of behnd success of india and england is their different approach and selecting players separately according to the format. These are the two country thats totally separating their players according to the format. India gave so many players a chance in last 1 yr and so and now they have so many reserve player and so many players are fighting for spot and its all healthy competition

wiseshah
January 12, 2011, 08:57 PM
Shabbir is a fearless, yet cool headed cricketer. He has a can-do/does not wanna give up attitude. I see a bright future in him.

i see another shakib's shadow in him. he is determined and luck is also behind him just like shakib. shakib and anamul are my fav newcomers.

my T20 team will be

tamim
anamul+
shuvagoto Hom
shakib
alok
ashraful
sabbir
najmul Hossain milon/naeem islam
razzaq
shafiul
rubel

reserve: nazimuddin, ziaur rahman, mashrafe (if fit), kamrul islam rabbi

wiseshah
January 12, 2011, 09:01 PM
i used to nasir Hossain's fan but in recent years, he seems to me just average player. he never top the chart in any list, in any competition, he doesnt score big, he doesnt get 5 wkt, he is not either a hard hitter or does anchor role. to me he is a number 8 players--who score occassional 20 or 30 run and get 1 or 2 wkt. I think there is several players in BD like that. i will say whatever role he plays--- elias sunny, arafat sunny, farhad reza,shahrawardi shuvo,mosharraf hossain rubel, mahmudul islam, naeem islam can do the same thing or even better.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
i am big fan of sabbir, just like his style..thats it.

wiseshah
January 12, 2011, 09:56 PM

u mean his batting style/ bowling style? / facial,hair style?

Jadukor
January 12, 2011, 10:28 PM
i see another shakib's shadow in him. he is determined and luck is also behind him just like shakib. shakib and anamul are my fav newcomers.

my T20 team will be

tamim
anamul+
shuvagoto Hom
shakib
alok
ashraful
sabbir
najmul Hossain milon/naeem islam
razzaq
shafiul
rubel

reserve: nazimuddin, ziaur rahman, mashrafe (if fit), kamrul islam rabbi

thats a good T-20 lineup... I would probably place Nazimuddin to partner Tamim and push Anamul in place of Shuvagoto (because he looks out of form)

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 12, 2011, 10:30 PM

u mean his batting style/ bowling style? / facial,hair style?

overall playing attitude

amar11432
February 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
Anyone know whats his current status? Is he being trained at the academy? Any plans to debut him against minnows after the WC is over?

Fazal
February 20, 2011, 12:43 PM
Yes... sabbir or some one new should be in the team.

Our selectors are too conservative....stick too long with proven failures for too long.

Almost every team bring one/two new faces in the WC, whether they play or not, yet to be seen. Bit atleast they are in the team.

But of us, with so many holes in the team, we are too afraid .... continue to have game plan ... which is too conservative and predictable.... and stick with players are consistently showing same weakness.

The fans need one/two new players in the WC team, so that they can dream ... whether they end up playing in the final 11 or not.

WarWolf
February 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
It would be interesting to see him in the team now these days.

amar11432
February 20, 2011, 01:31 PM
It would be interesting to see him in the team now these days.

At 19 isn't he too young. When would be a good age to debut? Plus his domestic List-A record isn't good. On the other hand he has very strong mental strength. In the Asia cup he advanced the score and fought well whereas some players even form the national side faltered( cough...cough Ash) when things didn't look great for us under pressure.

wiseshah
February 20, 2011, 02:05 PM
thats the problem, some people think under 19 players are too young and over 21 are too old

whats are the ideal age for debut

Equinox
February 20, 2011, 06:02 PM
I'm not completely sold on Shabbir yet. Playing more T20s would be a good way to find out where guys like Shabbir, Nasir, Mominul, Anamul are really at. But BCB like always have not scheduled any T20s for the Aus or the NZ series. But one thing for sure is that both Riyad and Naeem need to be replaced. I'd go for Alok and Nasir and give Shabbir another year or so to develop.

godzilla
February 21, 2011, 01:45 AM
^ why is alok even in the context? Old timer's aura faded away long time ago. No ALOK!!!

WarWolf
February 21, 2011, 01:53 AM
thats the problem, some people think under 19 players are too young and over 21 are too old

whats are the ideal age for debut
Age is not directly connected with the maturity of a player in most cases. But the number of matches at higher levels and the playing in different conditions help a player enriching his experience.

Tamim got debut at the age of 18. But by that time he played much more first class matches than what Sabbir played currently. Tamim also played for A team a couple of times before that. Sabbir needs to go through that procedure.

Sohel
February 21, 2011, 02:19 AM
I like Rumman, a LOT and supported his inclusion as a role player in the squad packed with dead weight and batting PP liability. But let's not get carried away here.

He has immense potential in terms of natural ability, but that potential needs to be nurtured into talent, and then the talent into consistent performance.

Those of us who have actually seen him bat with our own eyes can make more qualitative remarks about what he does with the bat. Decontextualized statistical geekfesting, coupled with intellectual dishonesty and desperate, wishful thinking can do a young player like him more harm than good psychologically.

As stylish as he is, he has issues. He is hot headed, and prone to brainfarts and subsequently playing absolutely horrible shots he won't get away with facing quality opposition with quality bowlers, period. Take a good look at the Asiad video posted here. He needs to be nurtured in the A Team, our T20I squad, and if necessary (as it was during this World Cup) as a role player in the ODI side.

Shubhagoto Hom and Fazle Rabbi, both aggressive, are significantly better batsmen with better temperament and technique. They can also hit out just as spectacularly. Hom is 23 going on 24 and needs a series in the senior side to try and show what he's capable of before either Rumman or Fazle Rabbi.

Sohel
February 21, 2011, 04:40 AM
Also, as power hitting role players go, Dollar and Shubhashish are also good options because of their bowling ability.

fuzzy
February 21, 2011, 05:48 AM
i know he bats well.. if he is medium pacer must bring him in....

cricket_fanatic
February 21, 2011, 06:12 AM
Also, as power hitting role players go, Dollar and Shubhashish are also good options because of their bowling ability.

Sohel bhai, what do you think of Najmul Hossain Milon as a ODI/T20 no 7 - just for his batting?

lamisa
February 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
^^^from what i know about this guy,he's not much of a fielder and has problems playing spin

Sohel
February 21, 2011, 10:57 AM
@C_F: Lamisa is spot on. Milon is a powerful slogger but not much else as far I remember. I'd rate Farhad Reza higher than him. Haven't seen him lately so don't know whether he has improved since I saw him last.

shakibrulz
January 23, 2013, 06:16 AM
Knock of the BPL so far! Sohel must be proud :D

Awesome clean hitting.

Cric Boss
January 23, 2013, 06:36 AM

Awesome clean hitting.

yeah ! It's the best knock of the BPL(1+2) histry so far by a Bangladeshi Domestic player.
After this brilliant knock i m sure that we r going to see Sabbir Rumman in BD ODI Team verry soon.....Ingshallah.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Abirz
January 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
great display of hitting

BD_TigerZ
January 23, 2013, 09:31 AM
Hope he plays well this tournament throughout..want him to secure t20 spot then surely move into odi team looked like the real deal finisher bd are looking for..

simon
January 23, 2013, 09:57 AM
I thought he is another bc hyped player.
But Nadim's dosto looks like something special, would love to see the highlights.

M.H.Rubel
January 23, 2013, 10:45 AM
Boys dont be so enthusiastic after this innings. Shabbir have a huge issue of consistency. He have tendency of playing eid innings. I hope he will show some consistency.

HereWeGo
January 23, 2013, 10:50 AM
Boys dont be so enthusiastic after this innings. Shabbir have a huge issue of consistency. He have tendency of playing eid innings. I hope he will show some consistency.

Based on his batting position, I can understand the reason behind eid innings. But atleast he always plays to win and not for average ( Mahmudullah :D)....
He has already won us couple of matches including the Asian Games final from a no win situation. He was close to winning his team this match too...

Every time Mahmudullah won us a match, it was actually his partner at the other end :floor:

BD_TigerZ
January 23, 2013, 11:07 AM
I realy hope he turns out consistent realy see a bright future for him..

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2013, 11:17 AM
Bhaiyara ektu aastey lafan. Amader JuSi o debut match e eirokom juicy juicy shot marchilo...tokhon apnarao koichilen ki shundor technique shupurush. Dui match por beta Mongoliar B team er loge khelte giya pant e kaam shere disilo.

Let's enjoy these games, but not read much into one or two performances. Arafat Sunny ke dekhen na?

Isnaad
January 23, 2013, 02:12 PM
Deserves to be in our T20I squad. That is for sure.

Max100
January 23, 2013, 02:29 PM
yeah ! It's the best knock of the BPL(1+2) histry so far by a Bangladeshi Domestic player.
After this brilliant knock i m sure that we r going to see Sabbir Rumman in BD ODI Team verry soon.....Ingshallah.

why u want to select a player for ODI based on his T20 performances. why not in t20?

Max100
January 23, 2013, 02:30 PM
najmul hossain milon, sabbir, zia, alauddin babu, ashraful, anamul, are good t20 player

Fazal
January 23, 2013, 03:12 PM
Milon, Sabbir, Alauddin, Anamul, Zia,,, shob e bujlam, all new players about to wet their feet.....faak diye Motin dhuklo kemne?

roman
January 23, 2013, 03:25 PM
Milon, Sabbir, Alauddin, Anamul, Zia,,, shob e bujlam, all new players about to wet their feet.....faak diye Motin dhuklo kemne?

Lol...bhai er chokh. Ash er nistar nai

BengaliPagol
January 23, 2013, 05:57 PM
Shabbir > Zia

BengaliPagol
January 23, 2013, 06:00 PM
And the thing is Shabbir looked unstoppable when he was batting. It took a blinder of a catch to dismiss him. Wish he came on earlier so he could have made the first century in BPL2.

Spiderman
January 23, 2013, 06:16 PM
It doesn't matter how many batting prospects we have found, I'm still waiting for the coming sensational fast bowler which is yet to happen so far in BPL. Even bowlers like Rubel, Nazmul are not playing much.

betaar
January 23, 2013, 09:47 PM
Any hilights?

shakibrulz
January 23, 2013, 10:06 PM
Shabbir > Zia
Yeah agree. Zia might probably be tad more consistent, but Sabbir looked unstoppable, even smashing those yorkers away for four. Terrific stuff.

I wouldn't discard Zia though. He should probably open with Tamim as he did in last season. He is a fine T20 hitter.

BD_TigerZ
January 23, 2013, 10:32 PM
youtube.com/#/watch?v=SySh01DRzXo&feature=relmfu

HIGHLIGHTS OF HIS TERRIFIC HIITING TOWARDS THE MIDLE OF THE VID

Jadukor
January 23, 2013, 11:18 PM
great innings from Shabbir... Still remember that amazing match he won for us versus the afghans while Naeem was playing test at the other end.
For the shorter format we do need a power-hitter badly and now it's good to see there is some competition between some of these domestic players

Cric Boss
January 24, 2013, 12:07 AM
According to bating style and mentality i feel Sabbir is far better than Zia.......
Not sure about Shamsur Rahman.....need to watch his bating again.

kalpurush
January 24, 2013, 12:24 AM

Awesome clean hitting.
I am too! ;)
Sabbir is in my T20 squad for more than three years as of now!

al-Sagar
January 24, 2013, 04:16 AM
need some consistency ..... it is evident that this man has some special talent, but he shows them very rarely in domestics, whereas some less talented players are consistently performing in domestics

Hamlafan
January 24, 2013, 04:46 AM
No highlight of Shabbir Rahman's batting the other day?

shakibrulz
January 24, 2013, 10:54 AM
No highlight of Shabbir Rahman's batting the other day?
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FbyqIcuOy2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ialbd
January 24, 2013, 11:07 AM
very clean hitter... (he always has been)... but ektu consistency thakle kothay chole jaito ajke ei pola...

He needs to win matches for his team to be in the limelight. Squandered a big opportunity today, the target against CK was so reachable...

BD_TigerZ
January 24, 2013, 11:50 PM
Hes a huge talent.who lacks consistency..he hits em so clean when keeps his head down and trys timing it more than hit it out of bd..he failed last game by lifting head and getting bowled.

Nadim
January 31, 2013, 01:26 PM
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=525929110780139" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Thanls Mo bhai!

As i said before, we should seriously thinking of brining him for the T20. This boy can play, and he will only get better with better coaching and better equipment. Can be very good finisher for ODI's and T20's.

Hoping he will learn one or two from exp players like Hodge and Azahr, specially how to CONCENTRATE while batting. That will do loads of good for himself and of course BD

Nadim
January 31, 2013, 01:28 PM
Btw very happy to see him batting @ 3. Hodge must have been impressed :D

Tiger444
January 31, 2013, 01:30 PM
He's got the tools to be a very good batsmen at the international level but his clear problem still is his temperament. Still I believe he needs to be in our plans for T20I's and ODI's. He seems to have a Nasir type attitude which I like.

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 01:43 PM
That six over Tait's head was off 140 KPH fast ball. Some shot that was

Nadim
January 31, 2013, 01:44 PM
That six over Tait's head was off 140 KPH fast ball. Some shot that was

Nasir's 6 vs Shabbir's 6 of Tait... choke bondo kore bolbo Shabbir's 6 was much more delight to watch :D

kalpurush
January 31, 2013, 01:50 PM
As i said before, we should seriously thinking of brining him for the T20. This boy can play, and he will only get better with better coaching and better equipment. Can be very good finisher for ODI's and T20's.

Hoping he will learn one or two from exp players like Hodge and Azahr, specially how to CONCENTRATE while batting. That will do loads of good for himself and of course BD
Shabbir, Zea along with Nasir, Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Mash ...looking good.

M.H.Rubel
January 31, 2013, 01:51 PM
Btw very happy to see him batting @ 3. Hodge must have been impressed :D

This is really good decision to send shabbir up. I hope he will show more.

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 01:53 PM
Nasir's 6 vs Shabbir's 6 of Tait... choke bondo kore bolbo Shabbir's 6 was much more delight to watch :D

Agreed. That pose at the end shows Roman was in full control of that shot.

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2013, 01:54 PM
That six off Tait was shooper chesky. He can clearly play both pace and spin, but can he do this again next season? Or will he wither away like, say, a certain Arafat Sunny?

Nadim
January 31, 2013, 01:57 PM
Shabbir, Zea along with Nasir, Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Mash ...looking good.

Don't see any hope for Zia tbh. INT cricket is not for sloggers:-|

Night_wolf
January 31, 2013, 01:57 PM
That six off Tait was shooper chesky. He can clearly play both pace and spin, but can he do this again next season? Or will he wither away like, say, a certain Arafat Sunny?

lol..he is better then A.sunny, we have bags of SLA but not many clean hitters, so sabbir will survive

was never really optimistic about A.sunny, not that he was ordinary but because of the volume of SLA still left in the National team, what would have been the point of bringing another average SLA

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2013, 02:02 PM
Sabbir does look really good. He can definitely bat. And by bat I don't mean slog. I hate it when players get fast tracked, but he looks ready to play for Bangladesh in T20s. The only concern is that of consistency, but then we don't have too many T20 tournaments for non-national players.

Hamlafan
January 31, 2013, 02:25 PM
Shabbir Is ready for T20 for national team, classis shots and connects cleanly. I also think Nazmul Hossain Milon also deserves a chance in national team just for T20. The future T20 team:

1) Tamim Iqbal
2) Anamul Haque
3) Shabbir Rahman
4) Shakib Al Hasan
5) Nasir Hossain
6) Mushfiqur Rahim
7) Nazmul Hossain Milon
8) Sohag Gazi
9) Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10) Abdur Razzak
11) Rubel Hossain

al Furqaan
January 31, 2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah those shots were pretty awesome to see. Specially that lofted drive off Tait.

Shaan
January 31, 2013, 02:55 PM
what I like about him is he plays proper shots and most I like his straight sixes when he hits sixes he hits high and huge. I still remember his winning straight six against Afghanistan in Asian Games. If he can learn to perform consistently he can be one great asset for our national team.

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 03:08 PM
what I like about him is he plays proper shots and most I like his straight sixes when he hits sixes he hits high and huge. I still remember his winning straight six against Afghanistan in Asian Games. If he can learn to perform consistently he can be one great asset for our national team.

After that Afghanistan knock he was on run drought. Wrote about his frustration on social media. I am really happy to see him scoring runs, just need to stay focus be more consistence.

Navo
January 31, 2013, 03:19 PM
I have no filial association with either Rangpur or Barishal but I follow their matches quite eagerly, just to see Roman Warrior and Nasir Mastan bat. I'm probably not the only one!

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 03:25 PM
^^^ As a Sylhet Royals fan I was crying when I saw Nasir fail today.....no really I did.

I lied, I missed SR v RR

Navo
January 31, 2013, 03:27 PM
I can already see him being snatched up by DG next year and all of their ads having his face, with the cheesy epigram "Roman Gladiator"

HereWeGo
January 31, 2013, 03:42 PM
I can already see him being snatched up by DG next year and all of their ads having his face, with the cheesy epigram "Roman Gladiator"

I wont be surprised if his parents named him "Roman" because of his blue/green eyes.... :D

Max100
January 31, 2013, 04:41 PM
his name is Rumman. sabbir rahman rumman right?

Max100
January 31, 2013, 04:44 PM
my daughters name is angelina jolie. she looks like her too, may be her mother is angelina jolie. not may be, i am sure, she is the mother. lol

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 04:56 PM
his name is Rumman. sabbir rahman rumman right?

But he writes "Roman" not "Rumman".

Tiger Manc
January 31, 2013, 05:00 PM
There are 3 candidates for that #7 T20 spot. Zia, Roman and Milon, but both Roman and Milon looking good at the moment. It looks like it'll be a straight fight between the 2 players for the #7 spot.

cricket_king
January 31, 2013, 07:41 PM
Love Sabbir - Miles ahead of Zia and Milon, whom are predominantly sloggers.

Max100
January 31, 2013, 07:42 PM
There are 3 candidates for that #7 T20 spot. Zia, Roman and Milon, but both Roman and Milon looking good at the moment. It looks like it'll be a straight fight between the 2 players for the #7 spot.

i think all 3 can fit in only In T20.

mominul is not t20 player, he just got included in last tour because they thought gazi, anamul, abul all got success, so he will get success too plus shakib was injured. but now shakib is back, so he will be out from T20

new T20 squad should be

Tamim
Anamul
shakib
mahmudullah
nasir
mushfiq
zia
milon/sabbir
sohag gazi/shafiul
mashrafe
razzaq

extra : ashraful, farhad reza, shafiul, sabbir

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 07:59 PM
Love Sabbir - Miles ahead of Zia and Milon, whom are predominantly sloggers.

Milon is miles ahead in terms of temperament. No doubt Roman is a proper batsmen but he needs to keep his cool and not give his wicket away like he did today.

Rifat
January 31, 2013, 08:00 PM
Zia, Milon and Sabbir all of them needs to be in the T20 squad ASAP(based on current form)

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 08:09 PM
Zia, Milon and Sabbir all of them needs to be in the T20 squad ASAP(based on current form)

You can have 2 in 16 man squad not 3. Unless you pick one as a bowler who can bat.

cricket_king
January 31, 2013, 10:21 PM
Milon is miles ahead in terms of temperament. No doubt Roman is a proper batsmen but he needs to keep his cool and not give his wicket away like he did today.

I'm curious - I've watched most of his innings in this BPL, and it seems that Milon is more suited to being a support player, which of course, has its own advantages and value. However, he doesn't, to me, seem like a real "batsman". Even his slogs are rather ugly, and, at times, uncontrolled. In my opinion, he'd struggle horribly in bouncier or seaming conditions. What attribute of his game makes you think he's going to be useful in any other format other than T20?

This is contrast to Sabbir, who I've noticed keeps his head still, and hits quite straight when going for boundaries, and this is generally a good sign that a batsman is in control of his shots. As a result, I'm sure he's got a much better chance of earning a "Star" player or "matchwinner" label as opposed to a "support" player label like Milon. I will admit he has some temperament issues - but he can be excused considering its his first time in the limelight of a big tournament, and he's only just passed the "teens" in age.

I was always excited to watch Milon bat, but now that I've seen him, he hasn't impressed me all that much. He's a decent hitter when its in his zone, but he's rather limited when it's not, often swinging too hard and frequently mistiming. At the moment I'd say he's just another overrated BC player.

jeesh
January 31, 2013, 10:25 PM
So from Ziaur Rahman in the 1st edition now we have 3 candidates in the 2nd. Benefits of BPL

tanvir_nus
January 31, 2013, 10:50 PM
Shabbir Rahman Roman is here to stay. He has impressed me miles! He is a proper batsman who has so much of potential. Let's not compare Shabbir and Milon, in my opinion two very different batsmen, won't even be competing for the same spot. Shabbir is a more Virat Kohli like player, who should bat top of the order. Milon is a finisher. Why can't we have the best of the t20 players in our team? We can build a very strong one with that and mind you Milon and Roman have been talked for ages. They have shown time and again they are here to stay. How Milon is not in the t20 team is just mind boggling

Max100
February 1, 2013, 12:40 AM
Shabbir Rahman Roman is here to stay. He has impressed me miles! He is a proper batsman who has so much of potential. Let's not compare Shabbir and Milon, in my opinion two very different batsmen, won't even be competing for the same spot. Shabbir is a more Virat Kohli like player, who should bat top of the order. Milon is a finisher. Why can't we have the best of the t20 players in our team? We can build a very strong one with that and mind you Milon and Roman have been talked for ages. They have shown time and again they are here to stay. How Milon is not in the t20 team is just mind boggling

Agree. I wonder in what basis, some players played t20,

Example
Mehrab jr
Javed omar belim
Rokibul and now mominul
Also shahadat played t20 international

BD_TigerZ
February 1, 2013, 12:57 AM
What a talent.. Definitely in BD t20 team..

My t20 XI:

Tamim
Anamul
Shakib
Nasir
Mushfiq
Shabbir
Milon
Gazi
Mash
Shafiul
Razzaq

Reserves:
Omi
Zia
Mominul
Sir Ash

cricbook
February 1, 2013, 01:26 AM

like afridi....he has talent....he is the reason that we won the gold medal first time...still i remeber those two sixes.....where naeem and ash was totally flop..

shakibrulz
February 1, 2013, 01:31 AM
like afridi....he has talent....he is the reason that we won the gold medal first time...still i remeber those two sixes.....where naeem and ash was totally flop..
You're seriously not comparing Afridi with him? Afridi is raw power slogger, far better version of Mortaza or like Andre Russell for eg. Sabbir is much more orthodox player with good power hitting abilities. He can play the Afridi like role for BD, but talentwise, Afridi was always a slogger. Period.

Fazal
February 1, 2013, 12:28 PM
...so far based on these discussion...

Sabbir is better than Zia
Sabbir is better than mominul in T20 and ODI
Sabbir is better than Mehrab jr, Belim and Rokibul.

Also by this time we know that Sabbir is better than Afridi.

And also Sabbir is slightly better than Milon.

So I am guessing Sabbir must be better than Junaid and Imrul.

So how Sabbir ranks against Ashraful?

Cric Boss
February 1, 2013, 12:41 PM
Nasir > Anamul > Sabbir > Shamsur > Milon > Marshal Ayub > Mominul >Zia > Ash-fool > Ratul > Soumya

M.H.Rubel
February 1, 2013, 12:49 PM
...so far based on these discussion...

Sabbir is better than Zia
Sabbir is better than mominul in T20 and ODI
Sabbir is better than Mehrab jr, Belim and Rokibul.

Also by this time we know that Sabbir is better than Afridi.

And also Sabbir is slightly better than Milon.

So I am guessing Sabbir must be better than Junaid and Imrul.

So how Sabbir ranks against Ashraful?

Good compile Fazal vai.
If its T20. I do believe sir is still mindblowing.

AsifTheManRahman
February 1, 2013, 01:35 PM
Nasir > Anamul > Sabbir > Shamsur > Milon > Marshal Ayub > Mominul >Zia > Ash-fool > Ratul > Soumya
Ajke na Sumaiya beshi run korlo Ashraful er theke?

Cric Boss
February 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
Ajke na Sumaiya beshi run korlo Ashraful er theke?

bujhlam nah ki mean koila tumi Asif vai :D
Ash-fool re r koto namamu !!!! ?

RazabQ
February 1, 2013, 05:17 PM
His straight hitting is definitely a sight to behold and Azhar Mehmood sure looked relieved to have avoided that straight hit Exocet for 4.

Umar
February 3, 2013, 11:05 AM

:D

http://youtu.be/AEF6N1AsJhchttp://youtu.be/AEF6N1AsJhc

al Furqaan
February 3, 2013, 11:12 AM
He needs to be more consistent, but as is, I'd take him into our finishing role at 6, 7, or 8.

Umar
February 3, 2013, 11:33 AM
He needs to be more consistent, but as is, I'd take him into our finishing role at 6, 7, or 8.

As things stands,

- he is 7th according to most runs scorer (Amongst BD players) far in BPL2
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=7712;type=tournament

- 7th according to scoring highest in an innigst (amongst the Bd players only)
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/engine/records/batting/most_runs_innings.html?id=7712;type=tournament

- 7th according to average average (amongst the Bd players only)
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/engine/records/batting/highest_career_batting_average.html?id=7712;type=t ournament

-7th according to scoring most 50's
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/engine/records/batting/most_fifties_career.html?id=7712;type=tournament

sounds amateur calculations ...but I will use that Number 7 for him in the National team too..to begin with :)

BengaliPagol
February 4, 2013, 02:07 AM
For me the more time Sabbir spends with the national team the better he will get.

Fazal
February 4, 2013, 10:43 AM
For me the more time Sabbir spends with the national team the better he will get.

Yes. He will benefit even if he just warm the bench in that national team.

Max100
February 4, 2013, 03:31 PM
when team will be declared for SL tour? sabbir might get selected for t20 team, may be not

shamsur rahman is doing better than him and more experienced
SN is doing well too

roman
February 4, 2013, 03:45 PM
when team will be declared for SL tour? sabbir might get selected for t20 team, may be not

shamsur rahman is doing better than him and more experienced
SN is doing well too

Don't think our selectors will go for any new players for SL series. But Shabbir and Shubho definitely can be included in Zim series

BD_TigerZ
February 5, 2013, 12:15 AM
He should definately be selected to tour in place of zia. He Can become an even better player by just geting the experience of going overseas and working with the coaching staff. Even if he dosent get a game it will still be a huge experience for him.

Umar
February 5, 2013, 07:32 PM
+ Shabbir's fielding(inside the circle) is probably on the same level as Nasir, if not better ..
and his boundary ground fielding (thats what I have seen so far) is better than Tamim...but Tamim has miraculous pair of hands when it comes to boundary catching!

I think confirmed for SL tour are..

Tamim
Shakib
MushfiQ
Riyadh
Nasir
Anamul
Shohag Gazi
Rubel
Shafiul
Mash(ODI/t20)

Uncertain and their competitor based on BPL 2 performance so far

Mominul <> competitor Jahurul
Naeem <> Competitor Shahreer Nafis (both has technical issues against short balls)

Zia > Competitors Shabbir (shabbir might win this spot if he scores couple of 50's in next few BPL games)

Possible: Abul, Milon, Shuvo ...

the SLA'S : Elias Sunny/Abdur Razzak/Suhrawardi Shuvo...who who is it gonna be pairing with Shakib?

Night_wolf
February 5, 2013, 08:53 PM
+ Shabbir's fielding(inside the circle) is probably on the same level as Nasir, if not better ..
and his boundary ground fielding (thats what I have seen so far) is better than Tamim...but Tamim has miraculous pair of hands when it comes to boundary catching!

I think confirmed for SL tour are..

Tamim
Shakib
MushfiQ
Riyadh
Nasir
Anamul
Shohag Gazi
Rubel
Shafiul
Mash(ODI/t20)

Uncertain and their competitor based on BPL 2 performance so far

Mominul <> competitor Jahurul
Naeem <> Competitor Shahreer Nafis (both has technical issues against short balls)

Zia > Competitors Shabbir (shabbir might win this spot if he scores couple of 50's in next few BPL games)

Possible: Abul, Milon, Shuvo ...

the SLA'S : Elias Sunny/Abdur Razzak/Suhrawardi Shuvo...who who is it gonna be pairing with Shakib?

razzak is also auto pick

and bhai abul for possible?..are u mad?..abul has no competition..even shakib's place in the team isn't as secure as abul

NoName
February 5, 2013, 10:00 PM
I don't see why we need to go in with 3 pacers, because lets face it they will be irrelevant. Instead of Shafiul I'd take an extra bowler Razzak (our most experienced SLA atm) or an extra batsmen Shamsur, or even Shabbir.

Edit: Oops didn't realize this is Shabbir's thread, both of their names confuse me.

BD_TigerZ
February 5, 2013, 11:24 PM
Shabbir thrives hitting the ball..nd they stay when he hits em..hes made for t20 then can eventualy move inti odis + his fielding so hes an auto pick for me..Omi nd Shamsu can be bench strength..dont want see these guys in shorter formats Mominul(for Srlnka tour very raw and not ready for big stage and pressure)Naeem, Zia, SN just cause of that 100.

BD_TigerZ
February 5, 2013, 11:30 PM
razzak is also auto pick

and bhai abul for possible?..are u mad?..abul has no competition..even shakib's place in the team isn't as secure as abul

No zia it should be milon instead.

Jadukor
February 5, 2013, 11:36 PM
another exciting prospect for Bangladesh besides Anamul. Shabbir doesn't yet have the consistency but his shots oozes talent. I hope he gets ample opportunities with the A team and other development teams to refine his game further. He could be a tremendous asset for the 2015 ODI worldcup as a hard hitting all rounder who could either bat at the death as a finisher or at the top of the order.
The best thing about him is his fearless attitude which i find also in Nasir. These guys are not worried about securing their places in the side, unlike some selfish players we have, and actually puts winning games as their top priority

Sohel
February 5, 2013, 11:52 PM
Glad to see Rumman getting this exposure through the BPL. As I've stated many times before, he's batsman with genuine ability whose temperament and shot selection are likely to get only better at the highest level.

Annoyed by but not surprised to see the false comparison between him, a genuine batting prospect, with hit-or-miss sloggers like Milion and Zia. How someone scores runs matters because that may indicate his ability to sustain success at the highest level. Streaky and edgy runs are driven by luck and luck runs out.

What sets Rumman, Hom and Soumya apart is the way they score their runs. I hope Hom and Soumya will start to be just as productive as Rumman soon. Both are certainly capable.

al Furqaan
February 6, 2013, 12:12 AM
I would blood him into the SL ODI/T20 squad...but of course I'm one who believes in throwing caps at youngsters left and right until we find a group of 15 winners.

Sohel
February 6, 2013, 12:31 AM
^OR we could keep bringing back justifiably discarded older players until we find a group pf 15 whiners ...

BengaliPagol
February 6, 2013, 04:48 AM
I'm really excited about what this boy can achieve.

Nadim
February 6, 2013, 04:58 AM
Polata onek stylish:D

crikss
February 6, 2013, 08:17 AM
Polata onek stylish:D

http://www.epicgifs.net/images/show/6SD3VJN7

Max100
February 6, 2013, 10:43 AM
Wow lots of sabbir vs milon comparison, first time milon getting that much attention

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2013, 11:14 AM
Annoyed by not surprised to see the false comparison between him, a genuine batting prospect, with hot-or-miss sloggers like Milion and Zia. How someone scores runs matters because that may indicate his ability to sustain success at the highest level. Streaky and edgy runs are driven by luck and luck runs out.

This is very important and why selectors should watch domestic games instead of sitting at home and ordering KFC. I'm admittedly a bit conservative about picking young players, but watching Shabbir this year, he looks ready for international T20s. In comparison, when I saw Dickens for the first time (on his ODI debut), my face met my palm right there.

Nadim
February 6, 2013, 11:44 AM
Akram ke onek onek kfc khawate hobe Shabbir miah. BPL ja taka pabe shob koroch korte hobe akram chaccur pichone, bujla Shabbir? na hoile tumi jibone kichui hote parbena....

shakibrulz
February 6, 2013, 01:49 PM
This is very important and why selectors should watch domestic games instead of sitting at home and ordering KFC. I'm admittedly a bit conservative about picking young players, but watching Shabbir this year, he looks ready for international T20s. In comparison, when I saw Dickens for the first time (on his ODI debut), my face met my palm right there.
Although I must say, even such domestic bullies should be given a fair chance before they're discarded. You can't just rely on your intuition and ignore stats. Both are important.

PS: I agree that Sabbir is not in the same category of Milon, Zia etc. (and I do think Milon is a good T20 prospect) He should consistently bat at 3/4 for his FC/LIst A side too.

Tiger444
February 6, 2013, 11:09 PM
He should definitely be brought in for the T20I and ODIS leg of the SL tour even if he doesn't get a chance to play. He's definitely a player that needs to be brought in.

Murad
February 6, 2013, 11:43 PM
His nick is Rumman/Rumon not Roman.

BengaliPagol
February 7, 2013, 03:48 AM
Shabbir has immense timing considering his slightly less built frame. He should definitely be considered for the national team. We need a player like him. I think he has potential to open the batting for as well. He isn't a slogger, he is a pure batsmen.

Jadukor
February 7, 2013, 03:59 AM
What I liked about Shabbir is that he played the pace of Fidel Edwards comfortably and launched him for a straight six! which was as good a shot as any I have seen from a Bangladeshi player. The only other guy that has the ability to hit like that while staying technically correct is Tamim and more recently Anamul. Shabbir doesn't look out of depth to pace bowling or spin and therefore is a genuine prospect to try out.

There are obviously risks of Shabbir not succeeding just like how Shaun Marsh, who looks to be in stellar form in IPL but not in national colors, but we have got to take a chance with Shabbir now with the target of t-20 WC next year and ultimately 2015 WC.

Nadim
February 7, 2013, 04:10 AM
What I liked about Shabbir is that he played the pace of Fidel Edwards comfortably and launched him for a straight six! which was as good a shot as any I have seen from a Bangladeshi player. The only other guy that has the ability to hit like that while staying technically correct is Tamim and more recently Anamul. Shabbir doesn't look out of depth to pace bowling or spin and therefore is a genuine prospect to try out.

There are obviously risks of Shabbir not succeeding just like how Shaun Marsh, who looks to be in stellar form in IPL but not in national colors, but we have got to take a chance with Shabbir now with the target of t-20 WC next year and ultimately 2015 WC.

Exactly.

Btw it was Tait not Edward:)

Gowza
February 7, 2013, 05:21 PM
worth a spot in the t20 team i think, start im off there. wouldn't slot him into the ODI side yet because he does have those consistency problems but the t20 team would give him exposure to quality bowling and give him the chance to improve and possibly develop into a decent international player, perhaps in all formats (don't forget he began his FC career rather well, so he must have some ability in that format to).

Umar
February 7, 2013, 05:33 PM
worth a spot in the t20 team i think, start im off there. wouldn't slot him into the ODI side yet because he does have those consistency problems but the t20 team would give him exposure to quality bowling and give him the chance to improve and possibly develop into a decent international player, perhaps in all formats (don't forget he began his FC career rather well, so he must have some ability in that format to).

But, remember how Anamul failed in T/20's at the beginning?
I feel its the ODI that is perfect for a player to debut in. The RUSH factor is not there at-least in ODI'S. The last thing a debutant want is 'RUSH' or 'GET ON WITH IT' approach on top of already existing 'nerves'.

I say give him one full series of ODI's and t/20's. Most likely he will shine in at-least one form of the game. I also feel Subcontinent conditions are the best for our players to debut in. As the devil "Pitch/extreme pace" is one less thing to worry about.

Gowza
February 7, 2013, 05:44 PM
But, remember how Anamul failed in T/20's at the beginning?
I feel its the ODI that is perfect for a player to debut in. The RUSH factor is not there at-least in ODI'S. The last thing a debutant want is 'RUSH' or 'GET ON WITH IT' approach on top of already existing 'nerves'.

I say give him one full series of ODI's and t/20's. Most likely he will shine in at-least one form of the game. I also feel Subcontinent conditions are the best for our players to debut in. As the devil "Pitch/extreme pace" is one less thing to worry about.

shabbir is a different type of player to me than anamul is, shabbir is much more to do with aggressive batting than anamul. anamul is more of a longer format player, take your time, build an innings and although i think shabbir has that potential i think his natural instinct is to hit out and therefore he's more suited to t20s than anamul. my only query with moving shabbir up to the national team is that we've basically got a shabbir in kapali, and kapali is a lot more experienced....and i know kapali has been tried and failed internationally but it's not like shabbir has set the domestic circuit alight and forced his way into selection, we just want him there because he's a good hitter and has the allround batting potential.

Umar
February 7, 2013, 06:11 PM
shabbir is a different type of player to me than anamul is, shabbir is much more to do with aggressive batting than anamul. anamul is more of a longer format player, take your time, build an innings and although i think shabbir has that potential i think his natural instinct is to hit out and therefore he's more suited to t20s than anamul. my only query with moving shabbir up to the national team is that we've basically got a shabbir in kapali, and kapali is a lot more experienced....and i know kapali has been tried and failed internationally but it's not like shabbir has set the domestic circuit alight and forced his way into selection, we just want him there because he's a good hitter and has the allround batting potential.

I do think your point is valid, and it did come in my mind too that t/20 is his style. And I agree Anamul and Shabbir completely different types of players, but I think it might work in favour of shabbir or any debutant to adopt in if they are debuted in a non pressure game! But again...most of the games in which I have seen Shabbir do good were pressure games!

But I disagree with Shabbir being Alok alike! Alok's technique doesn't give any quality vibes and he's sluggish in movement! Wrist wise quick is Alok. But Shabbir's movement and style of play is totally different (Australian I feel). Alok also needs a bit of time at the beginning before he starts to get going while Shabbir starts from first ball (Although coaches should tell him to watch first balls). However, If you mean..their role in the team is the same(as leg spinning alrounder)..then I agree.

Honestly, I have not seen a fearless/worry-less face in Bangladesh cricket than Shabbir. When he comes to bat, I am sure most of us feel this assurance that 'he can do it' without worrying that he will throw away his wicket. And tbh I don't think I've seen him throwing away wicket. he got out playing good shots mostly out of necessity. I can't say that about Alok or even TAMIM (as most of them throw away their wickets playing unnecessary shots)! The only players we currently can rely on taking us home is Shakib/Nasir and maybe Mushfiq.

What I want to see is..shabbir playing in a non-pressure game. I want to see his approach..and thats why I suggested ODI debut. One thing for sure, Brad Hodge is impressed with Shabbir!

Shundori Bou
February 7, 2013, 06:56 PM
my first post.

amar bhai and bonera-- how are you?

Zunaid
February 7, 2013, 07:07 PM
my first post.

And your last.

From our forum rules:

Do not sign up with multiple accounts without a moderator's permission. Doing so may result in all accounts being summarily banned.

Gowza
February 7, 2013, 07:48 PM
I do think your point is valid, and it did come in my mind too that t/20 is his style. And I agree Anamul and Shabbir completely different types of players, but I think it might work in favour of shabbir or any debutant to adopt in if they are debuted in a non pressure game! But again...most of the games in which I have seen Shabbir do good were pressure games!

But I disagree with Shabbir being Alok alike! Alok's technique doesn't give any quality vibes and he's sluggish in movement! Wrist wise quick is Alok. But Shabbir's movement and style of play is totally different (Australian I feel). Alok also needs a bit of time at the beginning before he starts to get going while Shabbir starts from first ball (Although coaches should tell him to watch first balls). However, If you mean..their role in the team is the same(as leg spinning alrounder)..then I agree.

Honestly, I have not seen a fearless/worry-less face in Bangladesh cricket than Shabbir. When he comes to bat, I am sure most of us feel this assurance that 'he can do it' without worrying that he will throw away his wicket. And tbh I don't think I've seen him throwing away wicket. he got out playing good shots mostly out of necessity. I can't say that about Alok or even TAMIM (as most of them throw away their wickets playing unnecessary shots)! The only players we currently can rely on taking us home is Shakib/Nasir and maybe Mushfiq.

What I want to see is..shabbir playing in a non-pressure game. I want to see his approach..and thats why I suggested ODI debut. One thing for sure, Brad Hodge is impressed with Shabbir!

yes alok and shabbir's roles are similar i.e. leg spin allrounder, also alok is one of the best hitters when he gets going, though shabbir is probably better at it (like you say he can do it from ball one). as far as non-pressure games, this depends on the player, i think shabbir probably feels less pressure in a t20 compared to anamul, in turn i think shabbir would feel more pressure in an FC match more than anamul.

as far as brad hodge being impressed, it wouldn't be the first time a foreign player has seen a BD player that they didn't know about and been impressed over the short period they've seen of them...also if shabbir only gets out playing good shots, what's the reason for his inconsistency? if he's inconsistent but always getting out playing good shots it would indicate that he's not sighting the ball very well or he's not placing the ball well.

BANFAN
February 7, 2013, 08:00 PM
my first post.

Chi chi...shundori Bou er shathe Eto Harsh baebohar ... :lol: All heartless people here...:D

BANFAN
February 7, 2013, 08:05 PM
Are we still discussing Alok Kapali ? He is very good when he gets going, but he actually never got going in last decade.

BD_TigerZ
February 8, 2013, 05:16 AM
His stroke making is damn good in the eye...shouldnt be compared to aloks batting. That straight six to tait is the best stroke ive seen by a BD batsmen in my life seriously.

Fazal
February 8, 2013, 07:45 AM
Comparing with Aloke ... is it a complement or a insult?

Umar
February 9, 2013, 09:00 AM
SHABBIR WAS NOT OUT!!!
Little educated umpire gave him lbw jst coz Shakib appealed (alone):S Who the heck is this MUKUL.
Whoever he is ...its another DE-SILVA in making

mij
February 9, 2013, 09:13 AM
He was only player batting well ump did him hard.

Umar
February 9, 2013, 09:33 AM
Are we still discussing Alok Kapali ? He is very good when he gets going, but he actually never got going in last decade.

Hopefully today will mark the end of the massive KOPAL

Alok will never again be able to play for BD national team. Even if there's another exodus (which he will probably be the first one with Rokibul)

Jumon
February 9, 2013, 11:49 AM
Unlucky Shabbir today:-(

i_1_primeval_man
February 9, 2013, 12:33 PM
Chi chi...shundori Bou er shathe Eto Harsh baebohar ... :lol: All heartless people here...:D

Classic...sorry for going off topic, kintu amar mone hoi shundori hoileo arekjoner bou to..tai Zunaid bhai chinta korse kono chance nai..hence...

simon
February 9, 2013, 04:44 PM
was unlucky today
felt bad for him,oi thakle chase ta aro jomto ei arki :p
good thing is as long as he is in the middle he keeps scoring quickly.
but he has got issues with consistency, so as long as he doesnt sort it out I dont want him playing for BD.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

simon
February 14, 2013, 03:40 PM
Shabbir is too inconsistent to play for BD team.

MohammedC
February 14, 2013, 03:57 PM
Shabbir is too inconsistent to play for BD team.

:shh: dont say things like that.

crikss
February 15, 2013, 04:33 AM
Another Ashraful in making

Tiger444
February 15, 2013, 09:42 AM
:lol: Just a few poor innings and all of a sudden all these negatives such as "he'll be another Ash" and "too inconsistent for the national team" You guys do realize that this is a T20 format? Sometimes you hit, while other times you miss. Look at how Nasir fell off at the last end of the tournament. BPL shouldn't be all about pure statistics but rather identify talents. Shabbir is a sure talent and should be a part of national team plans.

Rifat
February 15, 2013, 10:11 AM
i think he should be selected for #7 in T20Is....we need a player of genuine ability to finish games.

my revised T20 XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal Khan
2. Shamsur Rahman
3. Enamul Haque Bijoy
4. Shakib al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Sabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Sohag Gazi
11. Abdur Razzak

Fazal
February 15, 2013, 10:45 AM
i think he should be selected for #7 in T20Is....we need a player of genuine ability to finish games.

my revised T20 XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal Khan
2. Shamsur Rahman
3. Enamul Haque Bijoy
4. Shakib al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Sabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Sohag Gazi
11. Abdur Razzak

Where is SN? Where is amader Ashraful? Your top 7 run pachhey kintu SN arr Ashrafuler moto century tou pachchee na.

Eshen
February 24, 2013, 05:19 PM
Sabbir has not been bowling much lately, but focusing more on his batting. In few NCL/BCL innings, he played in one down. This may be a good ploy to keep up during DPL as no one in current national team cemented #3 position yet.

BD_TigerZ
February 12, 2014, 09:43 AM
What does he need to do get in the bloody XI. They pick 2 keepers to block our our best domestic t20 batsmen. Mithun re jeno r dekhi na jiboneo amader squad e. Nilojo selectors are bound to pick him again in the second t20.

MHRAM
February 12, 2014, 09:48 AM
SL's number 5/6/7- Mathews/Perera/Kula

BD's number 5/6/7- Mithun? /Jacques Reza/Gazi :lol:

Need to pick Sabbir

ahnaf
February 12, 2014, 10:15 AM
Why our selectors are so obsessed with phorhad reza?

MHRAM
February 12, 2014, 11:44 AM
Why our selectors are so obsessed with phorhad reza?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Probably because of his performance in domestics.

But Sabbir had a decent record in local T20s. Poor thinking for our selectors

ahnaf
February 12, 2014, 01:08 PM
Probably because of his performance in domestics.

But Sabbir had a decent record in local T20s. Poor thinking for our selectors

i know he is pretty good at domestic level but when the last time he played well in international level? His bowling is not bad but we need someone like shabbir who can clear ropes easily in that position

BanCricFan
February 13, 2014, 09:28 AM
"We didn't pick three debutants in the first Twenty20 in order to keep a balance in the side because we already had five players coming into the team," Faruque said. "We picked Mithun ahead of Sabbir because the former can play shots from the word go, but Sabbir needs a bit of time at No 3 or 4 before he starts to flourish. Sabbir has a strike-rate of 130." CI

I actually rate Farukh Ahmed as a good cricket brain but his above comment seems very odd and self-contradicting, to put it mildly. Mithun and Sabbir has played same ammount of T20 innings where Sabbir has far outscored, out averaged and with significantly higher Strike Rate, too. Sabbir has 855 runs from 37 with six 50 plus innings where Mithun has only 556 runs with only three 50 plus knocks. His SR is 117 while Sabbir hits at 131. Sabbir averages at 32, Mithun at 17. Whichever way one looks at there is a huge gulf between the both. Sabbir clearly stands out.

Wonder if the selectors actually follow the cricketers closely before they select them? I´m sure they do. Farukh was involved in the last edition of BPL and must have seen both Mithun and Sabbir play. But, why then such confusing statement from him? It seems like our batsmen are not the only ones with messed up heads!

Murad
February 13, 2014, 10:10 AM
He is right. Shabbir takes a bit of time before attacking.

BD_TigerZ
February 13, 2014, 10:27 AM
Atleast he takes time then does something..mithun takes up space and does nothing.

MohammedC
February 13, 2014, 10:30 AM
We have not seen enough of Mithun to judge him.

Fazal
February 13, 2014, 11:31 AM

Exactly. Its not that I was expecting him to be in the team in the first place. But once he is there, we haven't seen enough of him to drop after 1st game. Plus unlike others, I don't rate him as horrible WK as others did. Yes he was not excelent, but he was not bad either. And he was better than Anamul and make shift wicket keeper Shamsu.

kalpurush
February 13, 2014, 12:03 PM

Exactly. Its not that I was expecting him to be in the team in the first place. But once he is there, we haven't seen enough of him to drop after 1st game. Plus unlike others, I don't rate him as horrible WK as others did. Yes he was not excelent, but he was not bad either. And he was better than Anamul and make shift wicket keeper Shamsu.

Well, it was Mithun's first match, thus, he needs to given more chances to prove himself.

I am a Sabbir fan, but don't want to replace Mithun just after one match. I hope selectors will keep their head cool and will select the best possible squad for tomorrow's match. :)

Shaan
February 13, 2014, 12:48 PM
Mithun desreves more chances, one single match really doens't tell anything about any player, otherwise so many great players would have been vanished before they established themselves if considering their first match or seires. Lot of them are legends now who had bad debut first match or series.

Farhad needs another chance too. He was out from national team long time so it is bit harsh on him. It is not easy to click immidiately after long break.

BanCricFan
February 13, 2014, 12:52 PM

37 innings in T20 is enough to give us an idea as to what sort of batsman one might be. I have seen quite a lot of him in the BPL. And, followed him since his U17 days to Academy and BD A matches. I don´t take any added joy in saying the lad isn´t good enough or not yet ready. Even sloggers like Zia or Milon has better records than Mithun in T20s.

I do appreciate the fact that since he has been selected he should be given a few more opportunity. But, his selection in the first place comes as a major surprise when you have someone like Sabbir waiting in the wings and the T20 World Cup so close at hand.

roman
February 13, 2014, 01:12 PM
Mithun will be out of the team once Mushy comes back. There is no way Mithun can replace him in the near future. The only way he can come back to the squad is by solid batting performance. So let him work on his batting. Meanwhile we can definitely take a look at Shabbir since #7 or #8 spot of our national team badly needs a batsman with big hitting ability and Shabbir has demonstrated that many times in the domestic arena. He deserves a chance

kalpurush
February 13, 2014, 01:14 PM
I do appreciate the fact that since he has been selected he should be given a few more opportunity. But, his selection in the first place comes as a major surprise when you have someone like Sabbir waiting in the wings and the T20 World Cup so close at hand.
Really, what was Faruq thinking?

Or, I should say smoking??!

kalpurush
February 13, 2014, 01:17 PM
Mithun will be out of the team once Mushy comes back. There is no way Mithun can replace him in the near future. The only way he can come back to the squad is by solid batting performance. So let him work on his batting. Meanwhile we can definitely take a look at Shabbir since #7 or #8 spot of our national team badly needs a batsman with big hitting ability and Shabbir has demonstrated that many times in the domestic arena. He deserves a chance

Richards believes that by bringing in Sabbir Rahman in the batting line-up, Bangladesh can have two attacking batsmen in the end overs, instead of just Nasir.

"I think that someone like Sabbir Rahman has shown at domestic level that he is a good finisher and if those two [Sabbir and Nasir] are in at the death then it will be good to watch."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-sri-lanka-2013-14/content/current/story/718687.html

Night_wolf
February 13, 2014, 01:23 PM
i was a fan of sabbir after he hit those sixes vs afg, but now i have to say that he is one of the most overrated over hyped player here in BC..having said that i would also like to say that i'll take sabbir over Feza in T20 any day any month any year any planet any galaxy..even if Feza plays a ala gayle in a domestic match just before the match

Night_wolf
February 13, 2014, 01:26 PM

i have seen plenty of mithun in BPL 1 match vs dhaka..remember he and cris gayle batting together chasing 200?..remember that match and you would hesitate selecting mithun

kalpurush
February 13, 2014, 01:31 PM
i was a fan of sabbir after he hit those sixes vs afg, but now i have to say that he is one of the most overrated over hyped player here in BC..having said that i would also like to say that i'll take sabbir over Feza in T20 any day any month any year any planet any galaxy..even if Feza plays a ala gayle in a domestic match just before the match

Richards believes that by bringing in Sabbir Rahman in the batting line-up, Bangladesh can have two attacking batsmen in the end overs, instead of just Nasir.

"I think that someone like Sabbir Rahman has shown at domestic level that he is a good finisher and if those two [Sabbir and Nasir] are in at the death then it will be good to watch."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-sri-lanka-2013-14/content/current/story/718687.html
Here is what our batting coach thinks about Shabbir ^^^ :)

Tiger444
February 13, 2014, 01:38 PM
Mithun was brought in to replace Mushy. I don't get how he then made it over Shabbir who made it due to consistent performance in T20s. Not trying to beat down Mithun but he doesn't deserve to make it over any of the other batsmen in the squad and should be out once Mushy comes back IMO.

Tiger444
February 13, 2014, 01:39 PM

How can he be overrated if he hasn't even played in international cricket yet? I think most people would agree that he's hyped for T20s but not for ODIs and Tests

simon
February 13, 2014, 02:57 PM
If Shabbir plays tomorrow we will have a new BC banner

kalpurush
February 13, 2014, 03:02 PM
Will be waiting... :flag:

roman
February 13, 2014, 03:49 PM

Ooh yeah..Hope to see that:up:

Fazal
February 13, 2014, 07:40 PM
Too much hype and not consistent performance to backup. kemon bhoy bhoy lagee...amra abar ondho preme poschi na tou? Arekta Ashraful create koschi na tou?

I would rather wait and see him play a t20 in the highest level before forming my opinion. When he will play? More or less I trust the selectors more than the fans here (about his readiness). So I would rather wait than demanding his inclusion.

However I must say that, if he is indeed in their plan for T20 world cup, then he should have been included in these two t20 games.

MohammedC
February 13, 2014, 07:57 PM
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=525929110780139" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=525929110780139">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/BanglaCricketcom/110639668975754">BanglaCricket.com</a>.</div></div>

betaar
February 13, 2014, 10:33 PM
<IFRAME aria-hidden=true id=fb_xdm_frame_http title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" src="http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter.php?version=40#channel=f3255b45d756018&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.banglacricket.com" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=fb_xdm_frame_http scrolling=no tab-index="-1"></IFRAME><IFRAME aria-hidden=true id=fb_xdm_frame_https title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" src="https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter.php?version=40#channel=f3255b45d756018&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.banglacricket.com" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=fb_xdm_frame_https scrolling=no tab-index="-1"></IFRAME>

<SCRIPT id=facebook-jssdk src="//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"></SCRIPT> <SCRIPT>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</SCRIPT>
<IFRAME title="fb:post Facebook Social Plugin" style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; HEIGHT: 521px; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; WIDTH: 466px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; VISIBILITY: visible" height=1000 src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?app_id=&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconn ect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D40%23cb%3Df13950a 337bcc6%26domain%3Dwww.banglacricket.com%26origin% 3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.banglacricket.com%252Ff32 55b45d756018%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphoto.php%3F v%3D525929110780139&locale=en_GB&sdk=joey&width=466" frameBorder=0 width=466 allowTransparency name=f4a4242b68e4b9 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

Thanks for the video....remember seeing this during BPL.

I have seen him during the Asia cup final and thank god for his cool headedness and power hitting he was able to save the blushes that Nayeem, Ash and Shahadat put us in. Though these two innings do not prove much but I think he would be a much better choice than either Mithun or Farhad. What I like about him, of course with limited exposure he had, is his composure and level headedness. He also seems very fit and athletic which maybe why he is able hit with such power from his limited stature.

epitaph
February 14, 2014, 12:02 AM
"We didn't pick three debutants in the first Twenty20 in order to keep a balance in the side because we already had five players coming into the team," Faruque said. "We picked Mithun ahead of Sabbir because the former can play shots from the word go, but Sabbir needs a bit of time at No 3 or 4 before he starts to flourish. Sabbir has a strike-rate of 130." CI

I actually rate Farukh Ahmed as a good cricket brain but his above comment seems very odd and self-contradicting, to put it mildly. Mithun and Sabbir has played same ammount of T20 innings where Sabbir has far outscored, out averaged and with significantly higher Strike Rate, too. Sabbir has 855 runs from 37 with six 50 plus innings where Mithun has only 556 runs with only three 50 plus knocks. His SR is 117 while Sabbir hits at 131. Sabbir averages at 32, Mithun at 17. Whichever way one looks at there is a huge gulf between the both. Sabbir clearly stands out.

Wonder if the selectors actually follow the cricketers closely before they select them? I´m sure they do. Farukh was involved in the last edition of BPL and must have seen both Mithun and Sabbir play. But, why then such confusing statement from him? It seems like our batsmen are not the only ones with messed up heads!

I doubt most selectors understand numbers/stats well. Decision-making also isn't their forte. That's the problem.

Some kid studying stats/industrial engineering/MBA would make much better selection decisions than these ex-cricketers, who may (or may not) have cricketing knowledge but definitely lack analytical and decision-making abilities.

shakibrulz
February 14, 2014, 01:28 AM
Well obviously Mithun issue is just much ado about nothing since he'd be obviously out when Mushy comes back, surely.
Now for this match, why not just let Anam take the gloves and let Sabbir bat at 4?
Shakib can drop down as he can start hitting from the word go without much issues.

The selectors' assesment regarding Sabbir needing time is not wrong at all, from whatever I've seen of him. He settles in and then goes after the bowlers. But that's no good reason to not pick him IMO. Either way not a terrible call, unlike the rubbish "logic" of theirs to play 3 pacers in tests and so on.

adamnsu
February 14, 2014, 05:01 AM
<iframe src="http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter.php?version=40#channel=f6a3ae28c39f8c&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.banglacricket.com" style="border: medium none;" tab-index="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_http" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_http" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><iframe src="https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter.php?version=40#channel=f6a3ae28c39f8c&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.banglacricket.com" style="border: medium none;" tab-index="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_https" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_https" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<script src="//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1" id="facebook-jssdk"></script><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<iframe class="" src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?app_id=&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconn ect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D40%23cb%3Df385055 4e6f68e2%26domain%3Dwww.banglacricket.com%26origin %3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.banglacricket.com%252Ff6 a3ae28c39f8c%26relation%3Dparent.parent&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphoto.php%3F v%3D525929110780139&locale=en_GB&sdk=joey&width=466" style="border: medium none; visibility: visible; width: 466px; height: 521px;" title="fb:post Facebook Social Plugin" allowtransparency="true" name="f3f3cf50091cece" frameborder="0" height="1000px" scrolling="no" width="466px"></iframe>

:up: for sharing video....the selectors must be crazy not to pick this guy over the likes of some players in the last match...

The 2 shots off Shaun Tait were sublime

nynemesis
February 14, 2014, 06:52 AM
never wanna see him again , playing test match instead of t20 , also got mahmudullah out who was looking solid . i dont think we need any new player

Naimul_Hd
February 14, 2014, 06:56 AM
Kid, play for the team..not for yourself.

nynemesis
February 14, 2014, 07:12 AM
The most selfiest player I ever seen ' totally overrated without a dout ' khelar mode ta nosto Koira dice

Navo
February 14, 2014, 07:29 AM
We wouldn't have gotten to 120 without Sabbir and Mash. That was a painful innings but still not the worst scorecard Bangladesh has boasted.

BD_TigerZ
February 14, 2014, 07:31 AM
never wanna see him again , playing test match instead of t20 , also got mahmudullah out who was looking solid . i dont think we need any new player

And riyad the sissy hasn't been playing test across all formats? Costing us the Asia cup? Shabbir top scored on debut so he's playing again whether you like it or not.

Jadukor
February 14, 2014, 07:31 AM
was the last batsman out... considering how the experienced players played... Shabbir cannot be blamed for the way he batted. It was a matter of surviving 20 overs today once the wickets went down

BD_TigerZ
February 14, 2014, 07:32 AM
Zahid chetse because he did the team a favor of getting riyad out and locking him out when mushy comes back :D

Fazal
February 14, 2014, 08:02 AM
I would rather see players getting out with the approach than playing the way Sabbir played today. Yes he scored 26 runs, but RR 70? That's a no no in T20. I would rather lose bad... reaaly bad than see this kind of selfish batting.

I liked the way Anamul, Sakib, Mashrafee and even Riyad approached the game. Anamul and Sakib was unlucky. I didn't mind even when Tamim was out trying to utilize PP. Nasir and Shamsu had the right approach but was out with a bad shot. Its not perfect but better than tuk-tak batting in T20.

I have seen nothing of Sabbir in this gane that makes me excited and make me beleive he is our T20 solution for the future. May be he is better suited for ODI, not T20.

Now I see that Faruk had a point when he said Sabbir need more time to set.

But again its too early to have a final judgement, bit so far kind of disapointed with his overall aproach in this T20 game.

Gowza
February 14, 2014, 08:21 AM
I would rather see players getting out with the approach than playing the way Sabbir played today. Yes he scored 26 runs, but RR 70? That's a no no in T20. I would rather lose bad... reaaly bad than see this kind of selfish batting.

I liked the way Anamul, Sakib, Mashrafee and even Riyad approached the game. Anamul and Sakib was unlucky. I didn't mind even when Tamim was out trying to utilize PP. Nasir and Shamsu had the right approach but was out with a bad shot. Its not perfect but better than tuk-tak batting in T20.

I have seen nothing of Sabbir in this gane that makes me excited and make me beleive he is our T20 solution for the future. May be he is better suited for ODI, not T20.

Now I see that Faruk had a point when he said Sabbir need more time to set.

But again its too early to have a final judgement, bit so far kind of disapointed with his overall aproach in this T20 game.

but this is the problem with the way the t20 team has been handled, sabbir has like one game before the WC to show himself in t20s, players should get a few games, and if they do well in those few games then obviously get even more games but giving a player such limited opportunities is a waste of time.

Fazal
February 14, 2014, 08:26 AM
but this is the problem with the way the t20 team has been handled, sabbir has like one game before the WC to show himself in t20s, players should get a few games, and if they do well in those few games then obviously get even more games but giving a player such limited opportunities is a waste of time.

100% agree. As I mentioned before in another thread, if they have Sabbir in their mind for upcomming T20 worldcup, they should have tried him for both games. Now brining him is kind of unfair to him. Too much pressure to him to show in just one game.

kalpurush
February 14, 2014, 09:51 AM
Kid, play for the team..not for yourself.

The most selfiest player I ever seen ' totally overrated without a dout ' khelar mode ta nosto Koira dice
Sabbir has played according to the match situation IMHO.

If he were to be a TAMIM, we could have end up scoring less than 100 runs!

MHRAM
February 14, 2014, 11:04 AM
Hard to judge whether he is a keeper or not.

1) It was his first match and somehow he needed to stay in the wicket for the sake of his team

2) There is no excuse for batting at the rate he did. I also noticed that he is not keen when it comes to go for a single or a double just like Mr Benson.

betaar
February 14, 2014, 01:45 PM
Sabbir has played according to the match situation IMHO.

If he were to be a TAMIM, we could have end up scoring less than 100 runs!

His style of batting today could be a result of few things:
1. Debut
2. Match Situation
3. His usual slow style of batting at the beginning that never got going because of lack of wickets in hand combined with team/Mash's instruction.

One match is not enough to prove anything for anybody. That's why I would like to see him in the one dayers against SL.

Tiger444
February 14, 2014, 02:03 PM
He shouldn't be included for ODIs yet. His performance in the DPL was pretty poor. Also the likes of Naeem and Mominul have done nothing wrong to get dropped. So I'd wait on him for the ODI and Test teams. That being said, he should be in the T20 side.

simon
February 15, 2014, 10:33 AM
the BC hype player had a poor debut but I wholeheartedly agree with Betaar bhai's post.
He should have played the 1st T20 aswell.

Gowza
February 15, 2014, 04:49 PM
the BC hype player had a poor debut but I wholeheartedly agree with Betaar bhai's post.
He should have played the 1st T20 aswell.

definitely agree with this,especially if he's being considered for the t20 WC, in fact unless they are being considered for the WC they shouldn't be in the t20XI atm.

BD Tigers
February 15, 2014, 11:01 PM
I had no problem how Sabbir played...he had to survive and make the innings as long as possible...only then our bowlers took the game to the last ball...

Some people here, who wants our team to get all out 70/80 runs after 6 wks down. because it is T20 game...not sure what to say about that...

Gowza
February 15, 2014, 11:09 PM
I had no problem how Sabbir played...he had to survive and make the innings as long as possible...only then our bowlers took the game to the last ball...

Some people here, who wants our team to get all out 70/80 runs after 6 wks down. because it is T20 game...not sure what to say about that...

no one wanted us all out for 70/80 runs i think the main issue people had with sabbir's innings is the strike rate, even though wickets were falling and we had no runs on the board really good t20 batsmen still put up a pretty good strike rate while scoring the runs, maybe they start off a bit slow but they catch up, or they still push for quick runs just not as hard or as quickly as they would with more wickets. the t20 game has evolved and now even if a team is in a bad position often a batsman will come in and score a quick 30/40/50 at a good strike rate to push the team to a good score.

it's not that we'd prefer all out for 70 as opposed to 120 but a poor strike rate, of course we'd take more runs, but these days more is expected form a t20 batsman even in a difficult situation like this one.

but it was his first match and he was in a difficult situation, he should get more chances, and should have been given some chances before this one.

Sohel
February 16, 2014, 01:34 AM
It's hard for a debutant to do his job right when senior players fail at the top of the order and put him under extra pressure. He didn't do badly once you take that into account. I think he'll be an extremely valuable addition to our T20I and ODI set up right away.