PDA

View Full Version : Well played Afghanistan

Ashfaq
November 26, 2010, 03:45 AM
They played competitive cricket right until the 18th over. But well played. Specially that Pacer of theirs. He's got a future.

Nadim
November 26, 2010, 03:47 AM
Hamid guy is miles ahead than any pacer in India and Bangladesh!:notworthy:

Well Done:clap:

cricman
November 26, 2010, 03:48 AM
Hamid Hasan can make it to our Test Team Easily

There Bowling and Fielding is ODI Class already

There Batsmen can't play proper shots, those guys have a long ways to go but if the Taliban get out and they have some facilities they will surpass us

bujhee kom
November 26, 2010, 03:50 AM
Congrats Team Afghanisthan on winning the silver by playing some great to watch aggressive attacking batting and some sharp fast bowling with swings! A big standing aplause to all the players and the Skipper! Great team and great athletes! Salaam and best wishes!

Zeeshan
November 26, 2010, 03:52 AM
Good....but not good enough.

Shaan
November 26, 2010, 03:53 AM
yeah they really played well and fought hard, big applaud to them!! These Afghans look really promising, I wish best for their future !!

Ashfaq
November 26, 2010, 03:57 AM
Here's an opportunity for us to poach some talents.

Joking aside, BCB should do whatever it can to help Afghans. Maybe inviting them to play our A team once a while. Would be beneficiary to both of us.

al Furqaan
November 26, 2010, 03:59 AM
Afghans have passion and commitment. Hasan was certianly the pacer on display...though not sure he would be better than Mash, Shafiul, or RBX...and not sure if he could do it at Test level against the best.

But yes, I was impressed with their fielding as well...very professional.

My heart went out to them for coming up so short. But hopefully they get ODIs against top sides. We should really invite them and the Irish to play with us and Zimbabwe. We could organize a quadrangular with double elination before the world cup perhaps. Wait not Ireland, they're in our group.

Eshen
November 26, 2010, 04:05 AM
As I said in another thread, even with much better infrastructure, it took us lot longer to get where Afghanistan is now. Their rise in cricket is truly amazing.

Rabz
November 26, 2010, 04:07 AM
Congrats to the Afghans.
They played really well and deserves a whole lot of respect for their performance.
A bright future ahead of them.

Tigers_eye
November 26, 2010, 04:08 AM
I can't imagine from where to where they have crossed in the last three years. If only they had a better situation at home. :( My prayers are with them.

Habib
November 26, 2010, 04:12 AM
Only player I liked was Hamid Hasan- real talent. Other players are just hard working, nothing else.

Shaan
November 26, 2010, 04:19 AM
As I said in another thread, even with much better infrastructure, it took us lot longer to get where Afghanistan is now. Their rise in cricket is truly amazing.
Also what I have heard that majority of their players play in Pakistani domestic leagues..

Naimul_Hd
November 26, 2010, 04:22 AM
They lost this match due to lack of experience !! Let them play more and more...they will be a real threat for BD, SL, Pak and Ind in 5-6 years time !

Rifat
November 26, 2010, 04:22 AM
signed

Eshen
November 26, 2010, 04:24 AM
Also what I have heard that majority of their players play in Pakistani domestic leagues..
As far I know, only 2-3 of them got chance to play in Pakistani FC/list-A league.

Zeeshan
November 26, 2010, 04:24 AM
now the real question is why did eminem say: "blow everything except afghanistan on the map of"

sadhat
November 26, 2010, 04:25 AM
Do they import Pakistani player?

Rifat
November 26, 2010, 04:25 AM
They lost this match due to lack of experience !! Let them play more and more...they will be a real threat for BD, SL, Pak and Ind in 5-6 years time !

I say they get test status maybe very very soon. I would love to see their cricket growing, it would do wonders for their war-torn country.

I have many afghan friends, and i have been frends with them for long time, I have thoroughly enjoyed adding "cricket" to our recent conversations list :)

tonoy
November 26, 2010, 04:26 AM
Really well played by the Afghans. However, I am not all that optimistic about them as some of you are. I don't see this team going any further than an occasional win or two against the big boys and that too only in the T20 format. I doubt that there are any infrastructure for bringing up new players in to the fold. This current "spirited" generation will show some fight. But without the proper foundations, they will wither away. I think a really good example to look at was Kenya. They had a WC run all the way to Semi finals, something that we could only dream about till this day. But that initial burst eventually died out.

Even if Afghanistan were supposedly lucky enough get couple of wins against major nations, their hopes of attaining a test status would not be granted due to all the political turmoil. Let's face it, would any nations go there for a home series?

Naimul_Hd
November 26, 2010, 04:31 AM
^ they have talent, passion, dedication towards this game. Now its up to their government and ICC how they properly use them. We fans can only hope that they wont face the same fate as Kenya did !

crikss
November 26, 2010, 04:33 AM
first of all congrats to Afghan players for playing so well....but anyways i dont care if they improve or not because I only care about Bangladesh and How our team will become top 5 teams as Shakib said

reyme
November 26, 2010, 04:35 AM
I agree with Tonoy. I also think they have potential like what Kenya did. Getting test status takes more than talent and hard working players. Politics plays a big role and for that one reason alone they wont get test status anytime soon. Heck even Ireland cant get it. And yes, I dont envision ENG, AUS, SA visiting them for a series anytime soon either...sad but reality.

bete noire
November 26, 2010, 04:41 AM
Mostly agreed with this post. Afghanistan seems to be an emerging cricketing nation although they've got a long way to go in terms of infrastructure. I remember the sudden burst of UAE during the mid 90's which reached the ICC world cup ahead of Bangladesh in 1996 with some expatriate players; but couldn't manage to move forward since then. So, all these hubbub about Afghanistan will also get overshadowed by the fact that they simply lack a cricketing culture yet.
Really well played by the Afghans. However, I am not all that optimistic about them as some of you are. I don't see this team going any further than an occasional win or two against the big boys and that too only in the T20 format. I doubt that there are any infrastructure for bringing up new players in to the fold. This current "spirited" generation will show some fight. But without the proper foundations, they will wither away. I think a really good example to look at was Kenya. They had a WC run all the way to Semi finals, something that we could only dream about till this day. But that initial burst eventually died out.

Even if Afghanistan were supposedly lucky enough get couple of wins against major nations, their hopes of attaining a test status would not be granted due to all the political turmoil. Let's face it, would any nations go there for a home series?

godzilla
November 26, 2010, 04:44 AM
now the real question is why did eminem say: "blow everything except afghanistan on the map of"

lol which song is that cote from?

Night_wolf
November 26, 2010, 05:09 AM
well played Afghanistan..ur future in cricket looks very bright...i hope in near future u guys will play ur 1st test vs us...

and u guys have only u guys to be proud of...UR COACH had nothing to do with this performance

Baundule
November 26, 2010, 05:43 AM
Competing in a T20 match and we are talking about playing tests. :D

Bowling well to Ashraful in a hugely bowler-friendly pitch does not make one a better bowler than Mash or Shafi or Rubel. We get in to comparisons too early like Rashid Latif.

zainab
November 26, 2010, 07:26 AM
BD cricket board should invite them over to play some cricket against the national team, and BD should try to help them develop further.
They have done marvellously well to get ODI status, seeing what their infrastucture is- NOTHING compared to BD.

PathanAFG
November 26, 2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks guys for your nice words on our team, we'll be back inshallah, this wasn't our best day. It didn't click for any of our best batsmen today, maybe because of the lack of experience against better sides. also some very stupid decisions made it impossible, and the umpire even worse not giving us the LBW.

Some of you are saying its just T20, well dear friends we are a lot better in the longer version than ODI/T20. and you can't really compare us with UAE. as the UAE is made of immigrants.

We didn't had any infrastructure, but we've started working on it. two international standard grounds are being built right now. by the end of 2011 we'll have grounds in 30 of 34 provinces.

We as well have very good back-up players for the national team. esp our young pacers can make it very big. We have a guy in our u-19 who can bowl up to 147km/h. our u-19 which was just staged for two months ago beat the hell out Pakistan provincial U-19 sides on a recently tour. some matches with up 80 runs and 8 wickets.

So we are here to stay, however our success depends on our other Asian fellows. the more you guys play us the sooner we'll become a world-class side. we have a very long way to go, but Inshallah not impossible

have in mind Imran Khan, Shahid Afridi, Umar GUl, Younus Khan, Irfan/Yousuf Pathan, former India captain Salim Durani are all ethnics Afghans (Pathan). We are build to this game :)

Looking forward to we can invite to our country, and we together can enjoy some good cricket, hopefully with you as the losers and us the winners ;)

Congrats with your first Gold medal

thebest
November 26, 2010, 08:30 AM
Congrats now change your coach if you want to progress. you have nothing to learn from a cheat and hypocrate. And please dont go for Pakistani or Indian coach. Two Pakistani send us ten year back and even BCCI has no faith in indians. Go for Aussi or SAF

PathanAFG
November 26, 2010, 08:42 AM
Congrats now change your coach if you want to progress. you have nothing to learn from a cheat and hypocrate. And please dont go for Pakistani or Indian coach. Two Pakistani send us ten year back and even BCCI has no faith in indians. Go for Aussi or SAF

We don't have the money for someone else, I prefer an Aussie or South African, but we only get a few penny from ICC. And you known our economic situation after some 30 years of Pakistani/Arab, American imposed "Jihad" on our soil.

We had Kabir Khan (Pathan) but unfortunately he was a bowler in his active career, we lack behind in batting. bowling/fielding wise we are a decent side.

Ajfar
November 26, 2010, 09:03 AM
Competing in a T20 match and we are talking about playing tests. :D

Bowling well to Ashraful in a hugely bowler-friendly pitch does not make one a better bowler than Mash or Shafi or Rubel. We get in to comparisons too early like Rashid Latif.

Well said. Nothing to take away from AFG but if you guys want to give them credit go ahead do it but dont look down upon our players. There cricket has progressed alot and I wish them good luck.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Tiger444
November 26, 2010, 09:53 AM
Afghanistan has impressed once again. Just remarkable for a country that's going through so much. We should definitely invite them over for A team tours so that they could get some good match practice and so could our boys. Also sign them for our domestic teams. They have some exciting players in their squad and could enhance our leagues. I think it's a very good opportunity to do all these things but I doubt BCB will do anything.

Haru-party
November 26, 2010, 10:37 AM

he wanted to say dont waste your time....they will blow themselves off

riankhan
November 26, 2010, 12:38 PM
It was a pleasure to watch Afghan team in the field. They deserved a place in WC...dont know what went wrong this time as they are not playing!...its good for cricket and hope it'll put a smile on their war-torn country. Thumbs up to Afghani brothers.

Rifat
November 26, 2010, 06:17 PM

you have a good point there, However, they have been consistently playing 3-4 day matches in intercontinental cup and has been very successful at that. you can say, oh it was against guys like Ireland, Kenya, UAE, but in comparison look at Bangladesh when we got our test status were we so used to this 3-4 day format? so they are IMHO more equipped to playing tests At the Moment in comparison to us back in 2000, when we got it.

although I will not give it to them immediately if i were ICC, yeah it would be a very good idea to develop cricket in the country, set a foundation or a first class league active in their country before taking such a huge step.

if that is not possible, they can do what Pakistan is currently doing: set Dubai as their home of cricket ground.

It is really good for the spirit of the game when Associate countries like Canada, Ireland and Afghanistan consistenly get involved in major cricketing tournaments challenging the big boys. it is very encouraging to see where in some parts of the world like the West Indies cricket is close to dying out! in other parts of the world cricket is growing.

ultimately, it is all about making money, cricket is not just a sport,it is also a business. Because Bangaldesh has such a crcket crazy population, there is revenue, there is a profit investing in Bangladesh cricket, that's probably one of the main reasons why Bangladesh were prematurely handed the test status.

MarufH
November 26, 2010, 08:00 PM
They need to get rif of Rashiddya..

Purbasha T
November 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
My 2nd team.

al Furqaan
November 26, 2010, 10:23 PM

Afghanistan is far ahead of where Kenya/BD were 10 years ago. They are dominant in all levels of the game (T20, ODI, FC) amongst their peers. yes, they lost a series to Kenya recently, but that happens.

Kenya were a solid side in 2003, but their semi-final run was in reality no more impressive than our 2007 showing. they won 2 games against F9 sides, and neither of those teams was the best side in the world at the time. we beat 2 sides where one was semi-finalist and #1 ranked at the time (SA) and the other was a pre-tourney favorite (India). Kenya mostly went to SF round based on walk-overs where england and a few other teams refused to play them.

Afghanistan must be supported, they are beginning to develop a cricket culture - their fb fan site has 3x as members as the bangladesh one.

Kenya and UAE never had that culture, and even Ireland (who also must be supported) lacks it to an extent.

I would love to see Afghanistan and Ireland getting test status by 2020. but I doubt ICC and its puppeteers (IND, AUS, ENG, SA) will allow this.

ialbd
November 26, 2010, 11:10 PM
Hamid Hassan should play domestic (club level) cricket in Bangladesh....

I think it'll be a very good bargain for the quality....

Night_wolf
November 27, 2010, 12:42 AM
^yes he would be a very good buy for any team...this guy is a good bowler

One World
November 27, 2010, 12:52 AM
not just intelligent quotionts, almost everything has a Flynn effect.

kalpurush
November 27, 2010, 05:05 AM
My 2nd team.
My 3rd!
I love the Zimbos:)

al Furqaan
November 28, 2010, 03:02 AM
he wanted to say dont waste your time....they will blow themselves off

no Eminem was saying the WoT is crap...