PDA

View Full Version : This is such bs

samircreep
November 27, 2010, 07:36 AM
I'm sorry to have to say this but i find it absolutely ridiculous that we are holding this win over Afghanistan (its Afghanistant for pete's sake!) in such high regard. Looking at the celebrations make it look like we actually won the world cup or something when in reality winning a nonsensical 20-20 tournament with 3rd rate teams proves absolutely nothing. In fact, if anything, I was appalled at the rubbish batting of Bangladesh. granted, we bowled and fielded well (again, this was against AFGH, so i can't really comment on the standards all that much) but it seems like we have no clue as to how to bat in a 20 20 match. We only have one strategy and thats to blast the ball to space. If that doesn't work, and it seldom does, we have absolutely nothing to fall back on. This despite the fact that we have been playing this format for quite some time now.

But what I find even more disturbing is that we have these pundits, coaches and players going to the media saying the most outrageous things like what a brilliant win, amazing for our cricket bla bla bla. Even shala Ash was interviwed where he said that in the last few overs, he had given up hope in the finals and thought we would lose. My first reaction was Are shala [...], if you give up this easy against freakin Afghanistan, when will you actually think we will win a match?? Is this really the average mentality of our players?

Those of you who remember the ICC cup back in 1995 when we played against Kenya and lost miserably, will see the remarkable parallels. Before the tournament, we played several meaningless matches against Malaysia and other 3rd rate teams and won convincingly. When we actually showed up in the tournament, we actually got thrashed. i think you know where I am going with this one. Please, let's learn how to assess our victories (and defeats) with proper perspective

Night_wolf
November 27, 2010, 07:50 AM
WE won our 1st asian games gold...thats y we r celebrating..not for afg...

Rabz
November 27, 2010, 07:51 AM
Its not win over Afghanistan everyone is going gaga.
Its about the first ever GOLD medal for Bangladesh in the Asian Games.
Its about the history we have created for ourselves.
Its about the glory cricket has brought for the nation.
Its about "Amar Shonar Bangla" being played for the first time in these Games.
Its about Bangladesh being the first country to win the first Gold of Cricket in Asiad.

Its about the Golden day of the Red and Green.

samircreep
November 27, 2010, 07:59 AM
Seriously, ektu beshi bangla cinema dialogue hoye jacche na?

I would much rather have a bronze playing regular one dayers or test matches in a top tier competition rather than gold in a 3rd tier tournament. This is a tin cup, not anything to go gaga over.

I'd sum it up as this: us gaining a spot in the ICC tournament where the top 8 teams play (Can someone remind me what its called? Im tired, cant seem to remember) as something far far more important than winning a cricket gold medal in such a poor quality tournament

Naimul_Hd
November 27, 2010, 08:09 AM
I do not care whom we play against. it could have been Pakistan, could have been SL. win is a win.
The main thing is that, History has been made because of cricket ! Cricket has given us first ever GOLD medal in Our Asian Games history. Isnt it enough to celebrate our success ?

However, i agree that, our captain's and coach's post match comments were over the top. They praised Afgan's in order to hide their own lacking. Afgan's played more professionally than we did. But that should be other way around.

Anyway, lets focus on our next mission - Zimbabwe.

Rabz
November 27, 2010, 08:25 AM
@Nahaz : Report button is at the top right of each post.
You see a red X ?

@Sameer: Ok, you are not excited like the rest of the country in this historic achievement.
Fair enough. You vented your frustation by opening a whole new thread. Fair enough.
We felt differently and so have we expressed.

But you can't personally attack someone and use language that is way out of line.
Just like your thread subject suggests, now you are talking bs.

frd
November 27, 2010, 08:37 AM
@Nahaz : Report button is at the top right of each post.
You see a red X ?

@Sameer: Ok, you are not excited like the rest of the country in this historic achievement.
Fair enough. You vented your frustation by opening a whole new thread. Fair enough.
We felt differently and so have we expressed.

But you can't personally attack someone and use language that is way out of line.
Just like your thread subject suggests, now you are talking bs.[/B]

like it :out:

Ashfaq
November 27, 2010, 08:40 AM
Hey OP, we are not jumping on YOUR bed, nor are we drinking your booze. If you don't like what we are doing, G.T.F.O.

You don't tell us what to do, nor are you bound to take part. Leave us in peace, and everybody wins.

lamisa
November 27, 2010, 08:41 AM
i am over the moon with our first gold in asian games and everything,but personally i am also disappointed at how,despite being a test playing nation, we had to wait till the last over to chase 118 in a t20 match.but that doesn't mean that i agree with everything that the thread opener said!

Ashfaq
November 27, 2010, 08:47 AM

I would much rather have a bronze playing regular one dayers or test matches in a top tier competition rather than gold in a 3rd tier tournament. This is a tin cup, not anything to go gaga over.

I'd sum it up as this: us gaining a spot in the ICC tournament where the top 8 teams play (Can someone remind me what its called? Im tired, cant seem to remember) as something far far more important than winning a cricket gold medal in such a poor quality tournament

Have you no respect for tradition? Asiad had been a part of Asian sports culture for a loong time. May be in times, cricket will curve its own niche in the history of Asiad. We, Bangladesh have irrevocably etched our name on history with that (admittedly against a nothing team) win. Sometimes occasion are more than it may seem, one just has to know where to look.

Tell me, how seldom do a cricket team gets a chance to do such a feat? World champion, no. 1 rating- these things are never permanent. But what Ashraful and his rag-tag bunch of merry men achieved- is. May be you don't realize the magnitude of what they did. That doesn't give you the right to be a sanctimonious focker.

Akib
November 27, 2010, 08:50 AM

Sure getting a top 8 spot is a big and more important goal, but why should that stop us celebrating this? We won a freakin gold medal man.... who cares that you consider this a third rate tournament. We've never won a gold before.

There is nothing wrong with having some fun. There is no need for you to come on here and complain about that.

Jadukor
November 27, 2010, 08:53 AM
We won gold! for the first time!... we won a thrilling match... where we found a 17 yr old all rounder with some serious talent... we showed Rashid Lathief who's the boss...

I think those are good enough reason to celebrate...

samircreep
November 27, 2010, 08:54 AM
Akib, when I see our cricket admins get on tv and say the win over AFGH was "revolutionary" and "will change the way we play cricket" I do get worried.

Ashfaq
November 27, 2010, 08:58 AM
If winning a gold in Olympic can change how Nigeria plays football, then an Asiad Gold surely can affect our approach to Cricket? What's so worrying about that? May be asiad will give something for our upcoming and bygone cricketers to aim to. I don't think it's a bad thing.

samircreep
November 27, 2010, 09:06 AM
I hope you are right. Being a realist/pessimist though, I think our admins may use this as a crutch and get complacent which is what I'm worried about and thats why I tried to use the ICC trophy example in my original post.

Btw, that's what happened to Nigerian football, which hasn't progressed since 1998.

roman
November 27, 2010, 09:25 AM
I see where you are going with this Samir bro. You are right about the over reaction....You are right about the weight of this tournament. We should not have reacted the way we did. but There is also a thing called "The First Time" Give us a break bro. Think of it this way. We have won a Gold medal for the first time since 1978, forget about Afg I think you will find this celebration a little less BS....

MohammedC
November 27, 2010, 09:31 AM
I am very happy we won the Gold. Also it's cricket which brought us the first ever gold, makes it even more special for me and all cricket fans.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Ashfaq
November 27, 2010, 09:42 AM
I hope you are right. Being a realist/pessimist though, I think our admins may use this as a crutch and get complacent which is what I'm worried about and thats why I tried to use the ICC trophy example in my original post.

Btw, that's what happened to Nigerian football, which hasn't progressed since 1998.

Don't worry, our cricket administrators are not totally incompetent, and they won't fool anybody with this gold. If they get complacent, it will be pointed out pretty swiftly.

BanCricFan
November 27, 2010, 10:37 AM
Totally unnecessary and insensitive thread this. Let us not be all imperialistic and condescending like the others. Afghanistan are an up and coming side and worthy opponent. I must say they are showing much more promise in their short cricketing history than we ever did. They already have international class pacers and fielders.

We Bangladeshis (and south asians) are emotional people by nature and culture. Therefore, over the top reactions/celebrations (not always a good thing, though) at times. But, here I think most people are celebrating the first ever gold in Asiad as well as winning an important cricket event.

iDumb
November 27, 2010, 10:41 AM
Gold price is high!

More addition to our gold reserve! THUMBS UP for bangla tigers!!

Haru-party
November 27, 2010, 11:39 AM
Gold price is high!

More addition to our gold reserve! THUMBS UP for bangla tigers!!

like button nai ken :hairpull:

firstlane
November 27, 2010, 10:14 PM
Lets reward our golden boys with another round of "baari-gaari"

FagunerAgun
November 27, 2010, 10:30 PM
Let us celebrate our gold, our first gold.

If you do not like it, then nothing new to us, lot of people like you do not like it either.

But this is tigers' land and let us celebrate tigers' gold.

FagunerAgun
November 27, 2010, 10:31 PM
like button nai ken :hairpull:
:-D

Dilscoop
November 27, 2010, 10:56 PM
They are celebrating the whole tournament + "gold", not the finals. And they can do w/e they want. They can stripe down naked and run around the streets. Why do you care? You can question that.

As for me, I could careless about this so called Asia Cup Gold. None cares about it really. Just look at the squad SL and Pak sent. And India didn't even bother to send one. But I am glad that they won. But that doesn't mean I am dancing up and down. Because 1stly, it's Asia cup, I never heard of it until this year. 2ndly, because they were nail-biting finish, at a time it was scary. Why? SL sent their A team, no Indian teams, Pakistan sent their -B team, and Afghan. We should have crushed and cruised. 120 was the target, they lost 5 wickets to do that, and took them almost 20 overs. Why? They should have crushed those mediocre bowlers and finished the game at least in 12-15 overs, if not under 10. How can Shahadat suck in this sorts of tournament? He is our starting TEST bowler for crying out loud! How come Ashraful can't score even against these teams? And he is suppose to be our batting superstar. How come Naeem looks so clueless? This was a perfect opportunity for him to get his hitting ability fixed.

Glad we won, but it wasn't convincing enough for me. Our A team should be better. (it wasn't more than A team. We had the strongest team)

godzilla
November 27, 2010, 11:10 PM
By reading the title of the thread I thought something like "This is BS, shakib being dropped from the team" ... well totaly not the case -_-'

To the thread opener : Are you not happy that we actualy brought a Gold medal home for the first time (if am not mistaken)? Plus the bonus is that we beat a National side Afgan team with our B string team ... that was a great achivement, not just the final match but the whole tournament in general.

Zeeshan
November 27, 2010, 11:25 PM
I agree with the thread opener. Why the hell is he being jumped on by some ebullys just because he pointed out the obvious. It _IS_ true some of you acting as if we won the world cup or something and his main agenda was to raise your goals more. And that's supposed to be a bad thing? Hell with you all, you spineless plebs.

Just because someone has an opposing view than yours don't mean you have to do a golakata here. As for myself, of course I am happy about the gold. But at the end of the day we have a long way to go before we reach our real goals.

Dilscoop
November 27, 2010, 11:32 PM
Plus the bonus is that we beat a National side Afgan team with our B string team ... that was a great achivement, not just the final match but the whole tournament in general.

B side? Now that's a BS! Ashraful, Shahadat, Nazmul, Shuvo, Naeem, hardly B team. It's little higher than A team. Pakistan sent a true B team. I never heard of those guys. And their A team is some where else. SL sent a A team.

As a TEST playing nation, this nothing to dance about. This should've been given. We should've followed this tournament that closely.

Dilscoop
November 27, 2010, 11:34 PM
I agree with the thread opener. Why the hell is he being jumped on by some ebullys just because he pointed out the obvious. It _IS_ true some of you acting as if we won the world cup or something and his main agenda was to raise your goals more. And that's supposed to be a bad thing? Hell with you all, you spineless plebs.

Just because someone has an opposing view than yours don't mean you have to do a golakata here. As for myself, of course I am happy about the gold. But at the end of the day we have a long way to go before we reach our real goals.

As always, it never goes well with the BCers.

BANFAN
November 28, 2010, 12:32 AM
Lets reward our golden boys with another round of "baari-gaari"

That might be coming ......... ;)

Never know; it's first gold in Asiad

desirocker
November 28, 2010, 12:59 AM
Its about Bangladesh being the first country to win the first Gold of Cricket in Asiad.

applause. very well said

al Furqaan
November 28, 2010, 02:12 AM
firstly, i don't think we were using this an indicator of our progress...we just beat NZ 4-0, so there is no reason we'll be happy scrapping by aghanistan.

that being said, we suck at T20s and Afghanistan does not. our A team beat their team, and things aren't always as simple as they sometimes are.

i agree the Asian games means little to me, especially when India didn't play in thsi tourney. at the same time gold is gold, and no one here thinks this tournament was all that important.

Of course our execs are going to say good things about Asian games "changing our cricket"...you can't show up to the tourney, win it, and then trash it by saying "yeah, this competition is crap". Why did you play then? Leave your team out like India did.

I have no problems with anyone downplaying this *achievement*, but in that case we should have not entered a team into the competition and politely declined.

I think a world cup semi-final berth is what everyone wants, the BCB might personally be pleased with just getting out of the group stages, and they're prolly thinking more lucidly and reaslistically than we are.

samircreep
November 28, 2010, 02:50 AM
Maybe you're not saying it, but our administration and players certainly think otherwise: beating AFGH was a remarkable achievement for our team, their words not mine.

Of course we should have sent a team to the tourney, good opportunity for youngsters to get some intl. practise. But that's all we got out of it, nothing more, the colour of the piece of metal we won notwithstanding. BD cricket should by now should also have the maturity to set higher standards for itself if we ever want to evolve from being the 9th best team in the world. That entails calling a spade a spade, which in this case winning a lottery tournament filled with 3rd tier teams.

I see no indication in either the players or the people who run cricket in our country doing so. If my point to raise the bar makes me an asshole in this group, so be it.

iDumb
November 28, 2010, 03:21 AM
If my point to raise the bar makes me an asshole in this group, so be it.

Actually, you wanting to raise the bar do not make you an asshole, it shows that you care and that you are a very progressive minded person.

BUT pooping BS at a gold medal celebration does make you a HUGE asshole.

Majority of us her appreciate and agree with your point. But you didn't have poop all over the place.....mr. creepyhole.

Rabz
November 28, 2010, 04:16 AM
Samir banned for 3 days !!
Well, he pretty much brought that upon himself.
Would have been better off with a careful choice of words.

tiger_army
November 28, 2010, 06:18 AM
Ban him for life i say.
A win is a win doesnt matter how it came and against who...
So as a winner we have right to celebrate and we are doing it.

Imteaz
November 28, 2010, 06:29 AM
Thread of Personal Choice :)

reyme
November 28, 2010, 06:53 AM
Name one country that is not celebrating GOLD.
Name one player who is unhappy with GOLD.
For us, it is the FIRST ever GOLD.
So whats wrong with celebration?

This thread is a total waste. Should be closed sooner than later.

nahaz
November 28, 2010, 07:31 AM
My previous posts disappeared...and good.

One has to realise...by dissing this win as nothing, we are really insulting the cricketers of Afghanistan. Remember how we always feel insulted by S. Rajesh taking out runs scored and wickets taken against us?

Anyway, this wasn't anywhere near our national team and I urge everyone to congratulate our team. I am quite impressed by Afghanistan's progress though they have a long way to go to even be the best associate. If they are good enough to play in our domestics as individuals, let them. More cricket countries there are, the better. Ireland, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan all should be aided by the ICC. It is about time cricket started to spread globally.

psi
November 28, 2010, 08:19 AM
My previous posts disappeared...and good.

One has to realise...by dissing this win as nothing, we are really insulting the cricketers of Afghanistan. Remember how we always feel insulted by S. Rajesh taking out runs scored and wickets taken against us?

Anyway, this wasn't anywhere near our national team and I urge everyone to congratulate our team. I am quite impressed by Afghanistan's progress though they have a long way to go to even be the best associate. If they are good enough to play in our domestics as individuals, let them. More cricket countries there are, the better. Ireland, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan all should be aided by the ICC. It is about time cricket started to spread globally.

Seconded :) :flag:

wiseshah
November 28, 2010, 10:03 AM
it was not an easy win, a hard fought win. plus we are really sukkkks at this format,plus we won gold for the first time--so why not celebrate but it should have limit also.

BD team has ash, naeem, najmul,shuvo,faisal,shahadat---all played for national team at some point

pakistan--- khalid latif and few others

srilanka--had a full of experienced national discarded and promising

in my opinion, its an achievement but we shouldnt celebrate like we won WC

FagunerAgun
November 28, 2010, 10:24 AM
A gold is a gold, does not matter what. When Asian 'giants' did not get it, we got it.
Expressions of emotion are not the same for everyone. We need to live with that.
As it is our first gold, more emotion spills over.

BlindSupporterofBD
November 28, 2010, 10:25 AM
samircreep (http://banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=53) , I don't know weather you watched the match live on TV/NET? Whoever watched it, will understand the value of this match. This Afgan wasn't a just 3rd grade team. They have beaten pakistan and I belive they had ability to beat Srilanka as well. This match was so nail biting,,, I still feel happy that we won this one. I tried to find out all the report about this match,,, this is something special for us...

catstrophy
November 28, 2010, 10:31 AM
This is a BS thread. Afghanistan is a very descent team. This thread is blatantly disrespecting them. Very sad.

catstrophy
November 28, 2010, 10:33 AM
This was one of the best matches I have seen. Amazing bowling by the Afghans. This was a very very well fought battle. Anyone know if there are any highlights anywhere?

Spitfire_x86
November 28, 2010, 10:38 AM
:down: to moderators for the temp ban.

hoodlum
November 28, 2010, 01:15 PM
:down: to moderators for the temp ban.

i think the ban was for the use of offensive words rather than his reactions.

Murad
November 28, 2010, 01:19 PM
First of all, this wasn't anything about we are a Test nation and Afghanistan an associate. This is a different league.

First time we have won a Gold in Asian games. It is a big achievement.

Samircreep brother, I would've agreed with you if it was our national team. This is not even our A-team. This was a big thing for these players. Most of them are out of T20 and ODI team for long time (except Ash & Naeem)

Night_wolf
November 28, 2010, 01:22 PM
i think the ban was for the use of offensive words rather than his reactions.

i think he meant thumbs down for the temp ban..he wanted permanent ban!

hoodlum
November 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
i think he meant thumbs down for the temp ban..he wanted permanent ban!

hahaha well spitfire bro can make it more clear to us

godzilla
November 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
B side? Now that's a BS! Ashraful, Shahadat, Nazmul, Shuvo, Naeem, hardly B team. It's little higher than A team. Pakistan sent a true B team. I never heard of those guys. And their A team is some where else. SL sent a A team.

As a TEST playing nation, this nothing to dance about. This should've been given. We should've followed this tournament that closely.

Without Tamim and Shakib, our national team itself is a B side -_-' ...

Shubho
November 29, 2010, 01:06 PM
Rabz, I think banning samircreep was totally uncalled for. As a moderator you should show a little more maturity and not jump all over someone just because they dismantled your argument. Let's not act on bruised egos. I've read through the entire thread and tbh did not find anything in samircreep's writing that was overly offensive. In fact, if you read carefully (and withOUT bias), you'll find other members used more colourful language.

I'm all for thread moderation, but oppose handing out bans willy-nilly.

Plus...samircreep is no one-word posting serial thread-opener. With all due respect, he's been a valued member since 2002 and has more valuable things to say than many others.

In conclusion, let me leave you with the following quote from Voltaire, which I feel is particularly fitting: "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Haru-party
November 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
Rabz, I think banning samircreep was totally uncalled for. As a moderator you should show a little more maturity and not jump all over someone just because they dismantled your argument. Let's not act on bruised egos. I've read through the entire thread and tbh did not find anything in samircreep's writing that was overly offensive. In fact, if you read carefully (and withOUT bias), you'll find other members used more colourful language.

Plus...samircreep is no one-word posting serial thread-opener. With all due respect, he's been a valued member since 2002 and has more valuable things to say than many others.

In conclusion, let me leave you with the following quote from Voltaire, which I feel is particularly fitting: "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

he was banned because of using some not worth mentioning words...thank you

Shubho
November 29, 2010, 01:09 PM
he was banned because of using some not worth mentioning words...thank you

You're welcome?

LateCut
November 29, 2010, 01:25 PM
BD beaten SL and AGH beaten PK. That is how they got to the final. SL team that BD overcame was not that bad either (it had several regulars). If the point of the post is that we should have beaten AGH more handlily then the point is taken. However, any good team will have a bad day (e.g. Aus in Cardiff) but even then they will manage to win from the brink of defeat (I can give you many examples). In this day BD was good enough to win a Gold Medal. That is good enough for me. So, let us rejoice.

Rabz
November 29, 2010, 01:41 PM
Dear Shuvo,

Thank you very much for reading the whole thread very carefully.
Much appreciated.
But you missed out on something.

Im NOT a moderator in this forum. I can't ban/unban/warn anyone.
(wish i could :D )
I'm just a regular poster like everyone else.

You are reading the edited version of this thread. Couple of posts by Samir were completed deleted by the mods. Just let me tell you this, the language he used, i've seen people been banned for good using such. He should count his blessings.

As again, Im not a mod in this forum, so i dont make those decisions.

RazabQ
November 29, 2010, 01:55 PM
As mod:
Shubho, what Rabz said :) Samir for some reason chose to go off on a flamathon of uncharacteristic vitriol (for him) and mods typically will Unapprove or Edit those.

To quote myself, BC is like the Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind when we mods are at it :)

roman
November 29, 2010, 01:58 PM
Is there a way to see what borther Sameer has posted that resulted a ban? Just out of curiosity...

Zeeshan
November 29, 2010, 02:34 PM

lmao....this has to be the biggest fail ever. no offense bro...

Shubho
November 29, 2010, 02:59 PM
lmao....this has to be the biggest fail ever. no offense bro...

None taken. Wrongly assumed that Rabz was a mod :-S

Surprised that samircreep went on a massive "flammathon"...

@ Samircreep...oh dear! Sounds like your behaviour was quite indefensible!

Ashfaq
November 29, 2010, 03:28 PM
@Shuvo: Unless you know somebody in real life, any and all assumption based on internet persona is more likely wrong.

For example, I saw this thread, saw the opener, and immediately recognized this for what it is. Samir has opened similar threads before. While he's justifiably within his rights to do so, that freedom comes at the price of having to defend it.

Catskills
November 29, 2010, 03:46 PM

Amen to that!!

mar1630
November 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
:sick:samicreep.... this is typical Bangladeshi Mentality critisizing and complaining over everything good.. "Nobel Prize paichey.... o to jay keo paitey parrey...jitsey.. ami or chaitey bhalo kheli.. khali korar shoamia.. bahana.. eita hoiley partam ----oita
tahkley dekhaiya ditam, Kinto appreciciate koray are giving praise where its due is
the main thing", not just complain and critisize.

samircreep
December 3, 2010, 08:52 AM
The comment about criticising yunus (and doing so, having a "bengaly" mentality) is rather ironic now in light of recent events dont you think? :)

Anyways, im sorry if i upset people here, but as I clearly stated before, I was not the one who started the personal attacks, but I am extremely comfortable and happy at finishing it off on a similar note. Getting banned from a website as a result of kicking the rear end of some douche (oops, will I be banned again?) insulting me first is not a problem

Far more important is what I wanted to say in this thread which I think is very lucid and easy to read in the first couple of posts. If anyone cares, I stand behind all the points that I made.It's just sad that people only read what they want to read and reply to bits of a post and not the whole thing.

Anyways, apologies to others. Although 99% of the people here still disagree with me, I'd still love to hear your thoughts.

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 08:53 AM
^welcome back from ur ban:)

samircreep
December 3, 2010, 09:00 AM
Thank you. I'm gonna wear the ban with pride on my sleeve :)