PDA

View Full Version : Ash & Mash watch against Zimbabwe

_Rafi_
November 30, 2010, 11:18 PM
Mashrafe so far bowling 125k with high econ rate.
Ash dropped a catch.

iDumb
December 1, 2010, 12:15 AM
how many runs will Ash score today.. any guesses? should i open a poll?

Nadim
December 1, 2010, 12:24 AM
13 from 29

Ehsan
December 1, 2010, 01:32 AM
Mash was a failure today. I think he might be dropped for next game. Let's see how ash performs.

_Rafi_
December 1, 2010, 01:33 AM
Ash's fielding getting worse day by day. Rokibul was a better fielder.

Sohel
December 1, 2010, 01:35 AM
MaMu: totally unimpressive. Batting yet to come.

Motin: one good stop, several gaffes. Batting yet to come.

al-Sagar
December 1, 2010, 01:42 AM
mone hocche na ajke JOY e ash ar mash er kono bishal bhumika thakbe

dolcevita
December 1, 2010, 01:42 AM
Mash fail
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

al Furqaan
December 1, 2010, 03:09 AM
hope rubel comes back

_Rafi_
December 1, 2010, 03:21 AM
Ash on batting. He will get enough time.

_Rafi_
December 1, 2010, 03:25 AM
Maeo! Maeo! Ashraful out. Galigalaz starts now!

ammark
December 1, 2010, 03:30 AM
What a pathetic show by the legendary Ashraful yet again.

Sohel
December 1, 2010, 03:32 AM
Motin with the bat: same 'ol same 'ol.

yaseer
December 1, 2010, 03:35 AM
As per tradition, this thread will become a Ash bash thread for sure.

_Rafi_
December 1, 2010, 03:40 AM
Ash was partially/fully liable for the JS run out! Wadda player!

catstrophy
December 1, 2010, 03:40 AM
Both failures

Nadim
December 1, 2010, 03:45 AM
Motin at his best:D

22Yards
December 1, 2010, 03:51 AM
needless to say ..

Night_wolf
December 1, 2010, 04:00 AM
Ash and Mash is Shas..

Rabz
December 1, 2010, 04:08 AM
Bad day for ash mash.

Habib
December 1, 2010, 04:32 AM
Ash and Mash is Shas..

:-D

al-Sagar
December 1, 2010, 04:39 AM
so the bash for mash and ash starts

Nafi
December 1, 2010, 05:24 AM
mash should not be allowed the team, unless he is clocking 85 mph (138K) with no strain, otherwise he is not fit to play

Nadim
December 1, 2010, 05:26 AM
Riyad should be in this list too.

Habib
December 1, 2010, 05:26 AM
It wasn't just a coincident that BD won the series against the kiwis without them.

mij
December 1, 2010, 05:27 AM
mash should not be allowed the team, unless he is clocking 85 mph (138K) with no strain, otherwise he is not fit to play

:up:

Thats what i mean BD selector keep playing with unfit man.

Sohel
December 1, 2010, 05:28 AM
If one is to believe in KUFA, then Motin has become the embodiment of it. He was emblematic of our crappiness as a cohesive batting unit and ridiculous RBW. The basic and serious problems with our team and team selection were exposed through this humiliation because Moyna (plus random other player of the day) didn't pull this off.

Teshta Boy was clearly unfit and heavy on the ball.

mij
December 1, 2010, 05:28 AM
Anyone tell me what sir Ash doing in the team? We seen this time and time again.

mij
December 1, 2010, 05:30 AM
Shame on ash, he should voluntary leave.

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 05:32 AM
Ash sucks, plain sucks. He should've never been in the team in first place. Mashrafe did alright overall, but I believe his time's up. Riyad needs to bat up the order.

Eshen
December 1, 2010, 05:46 AM
Under performing seniors can often act as parasites, rob the team of vital energy, and destroy team unity. I get a feeling that's the exact role our two senior most players played today. I sincerely hope I am wrong though.

Zunaid
December 1, 2010, 05:52 AM
Under performing seniors can often act as parasites, rob the team of vital energy, and destroy team unity. I get a feeling that's the exact role our two senior most players played today. I sincerely hope I am wrong though.

I agree. And I have nothing against them. It's not personal it is business. You cannot let your heart dictate decisions. The choice of bringing back Mash was premature - driven only by the impending WC. Ash's presence is driven by "jodi laigga jae". Let's face it - when will we ever learn? Sports is a serious business and we should make hard-nosed business decisions. Give Ash and Mash all the garlands they deserve. Ash for the days he reaches sublime perfection and the wins he has given us. We do remember Australia. GIve thanks to Mash for all service he has provided for us. We do remember the win against India.

Time to move on though. We have better players who cannot make it to the the team because we are so driven by emotions.

catstrophy
December 1, 2010, 06:06 AM
I agree. And I have nothing against them. It's not personal it is business. You cannot let your heart dictate decisions. The choice of bringing back Mash was premature - driven only by the impending WC. Ash's presence is driven by "jodi laigga jae". Let's face it - when will we ever learn? Sports is a serious business and we should make hard-nosed business decisions. Give Ash and Mash all the garlands they deserve. Ash for the days he reaches sublime perfection and the wins he has given us. We do remember Australia. GIve thanks to Mash for all service he has provided for us. We do remember the win against India.

Time to move on though. We have better players who cannot make it to the the team because we are so driven by emotions.

Cant agree more.

cricket_fanatic
December 1, 2010, 06:07 AM
I am keen to hear how Ash justifies his failure this time. Usually when he comes back he says things like he changed his batting style in the past listening to other people which affected his batting and 'this' time he is going to play his natural game which has brought him recent success - this is one player who sure knows his own game!

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 06:08 AM
Fully agree.

Baundule
December 1, 2010, 07:46 AM
Ash has no fault, he has been showing for a long time now that he is not in good shape to be selected, the selectors are to blame.

Mahir
December 1, 2010, 08:03 AM
Eshen and Doc, thanks for maintaining sanity.

ahnaf
December 1, 2010, 10:29 AM
Well.. U guyz can bash ash..thats ryt.. Bt u cant do the same with mash.. Whats wrong he does?? He was in decent form in england series.. Then he got injured nd just playing his 1st match after that.. So what wrong he did?? O to ajker match e khub kharap krche ta na.. Shafi o to run diche..

boka
December 1, 2010, 10:34 AM
[বাংলা] কারও মনে কষ্ট দেয়ার চাইতে খারাপ কিছু নাই...
বেচারা শাহারিয়ার নাফিস নিউজিলেন্ডের মতো দলের সাথে তৃতীয় সর্বোচ্চ রান করে
গোটা পেশাদারী জীবনে ৬৪ খেলায় ৩৩.৪০ গড়ে রান করেও
জুনায়েদ সিদ্দীকি যে কিনা নিউজিলেন্ডের সাথে করেছে ১৭.০ গড়ে কিছু রান
যার ৪৩ খেলার পেশাদারী জীবনে গড় ২২.৫২
যার লিস্ট এ গড় ২৪.১৭
যার ফিল্ডিং করার ক্ষমতা সর্বজন জানে
তার আগে দলে সুযোগ পেল না

কেও বলতে পারবেন একজন ২২.৫২ গড়ের খেলোয়াড় কি করে একজন ৩৩.৪০ গড়ের খেলোয়াড়ের আগে দলে সুয়োগ পেতে পারে ??

দল গঠন অবশ্যই পক্ষপাতহীন নিরোপেক্ষ হচ্ছে না... [/বাংলা]

Ajfar
December 1, 2010, 10:39 AM
^ hmm thik bolchen. SN ke aie series e newa uchit chilo. SN team e thakle pach ta match e pach ta century korto. ar or average onek barto, world cup squadew jaiga hoto. ar pore world cup match gula te shudu dabba matro.

Brit-boy
December 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mortaza hit two 4s scored quick, that might have given him confidence, had he been there till the end who knows b.d might have won it, we know mortaza can hit them big, after hitting them two 4s he might have felt that he could do it but it wasnt to be he was run out... Least he didnt waste many balls like mahmudullah!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

aklemalp
December 1, 2010, 11:04 AM
i think for the best to happen ,these guys need to be dropped,i'm thinking that just because ash led the team to asian games gold,does'nt even mean that he's a automatic in the team,have him in the squad and drop him,as for mash,i beg of him to get injured or something,with him being bangladesh had created history twice,my guess replace these two with the new guy that stayed cool aganst pressure and won the game for them in asia games final,and for mash replace him with rubel,who is a much better bowler than mash is at the moment.period

Brit-boy
December 1, 2010, 11:04 AM
I like mortaza, we need him in the team. We need a firing mortaza back, we need the old mortaza who hit four 6s against india back, they need to develope mortaza's batting better he has good hitting ability, he could be bangladesh's answer to adrew flintoff! if if they can develope his batting better! make him train on his batting more! Bangladesh need a good hitter down the order and i dont see anyone better there than mortaza.

riankhan
December 1, 2010, 12:26 PM
its too early to say anything against Mash. I am not giving up yet, he is a fighter.
If Ash can get 100 lives....Mash deserves at least a couple

Raynman
December 1, 2010, 12:31 PM
I like mortaza, we need him in the team. We need a firing mortaza back, we need the old mortaza who hit four 6s against india back, they need to develope mortaza's batting better he has good hitting ability, he could be bangladesh's answer to adrew flintoff! if if they can develope his batting better! make him train on his batting more! Bangladesh need a good hitter down the order and i dont see anyone better there than mortaza.

If he wants to become a power hitter and fight for a #7 position thats one thing.

But at this point, he has no business being in the team as a bowler. Shafiul, Rubel and Nazmul should all be picked before him.

Reaz
December 1, 2010, 12:49 PM

Couldn't agree more.

I am not trying to be a fortune teller here. But believe it or not, I exactly new the sequence of events today.

Mash will come to bowl with his terrible medium pace with an intent, more of saving himself than taking wickets. In the process, will remain wicket less and expensive. Eventually Shakib will take him out and will not use him any more.:(

Ash will come to bat. Hit a 4. Be instrumental in running himself or his partner out. Then try to guide the very next ball or couple of others to the third man region, in the process getting clean bowled. Then hit himself with the bat. Curse his luck, heavens and everything around him. Make a long walk back to the pavilion making some weird facial expressions.:hairpull:

But ultimately, these two would play for themselves. Break the total harmony and spirit of the team. Which exactly what has happened today.

Really failed to understand the reason for inclusion of these two in the team. The explanation from selectors on inclusion of Ash and Mash appeared absolutely vague.

There is no scope of driven by emotions any more. Reputation is no more a criteria but performance is. Lot of talents are on the queue. It is time to clean the weeds and harvest new crops.

dolcevita
December 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
Ashfool is the worlds most over rated player
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
its time to close his chapter

Fazal
December 1, 2010, 03:32 PM
What's the point of watching Ash and Mash?

Shouldn't we rather watch the Selectors (official and unofficial) who are the root cause of this problem?

They should be held accounable why they drop performers and replace with off-form non-performers?

Ajfar
December 1, 2010, 07:24 PM
Mohammad Ashraful still looks odds on to walk out to bat on Friday at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium since he is the only name the decision-makers trust and try for all their money's worth.

If news from within the Bangladesh team's think-tank is to be believed, Ashraful has been given a three-match licence to book his place for the World Cup. After his failure against Zimbabwe yesterday, he has certainly struck out in the first attempt; not quite the fearless swing-and-miss of a baseball hitter, but the thoughtless poke of a man too comfortable with his place amongst the Tigers.

So why does Ashraful feel so unafraid to attempt a half-hearted late-cut to an off-spinner who has dismissed him three times in the past? He does it because in the minds of some in the national team's management he remains an unrealised fantasy.

"He is just one innings away" is an old favourite of his backers who inevitably stick the "gifted" tag to the man who averages a meagre 23.33 in ODIs for the last ten years.

The last five innings, before Wednesday's debacle, saw him score 31, 20, 9, 14 and 13 and his 2010 ODI averages now stand at 18.33. He was brought back into the national fold for the Zimbabwe series on the back of some big scores in the National Cricket League. Such a performance, a total of 470 domestic runs, can only be enough for a youngster to earn a place in the Academy side but not for Ashraful, not for his talent, inconsistency and especially not due to his lack of hunger.

His return, unlike that of Tamim Iqbal, not only disturbed the winning combination that completed the 4-0 whitewash of New Zealand but also removed one of the better fielders in the side. Essentially, Ashraful returned with less material than a washed-up stand-up comedian fighting for his space in the spotlight, replacing the one who could give you more laughs.

On Wednesday, the comedy that has become Ashraful's international career unfurled once more and it was quite a sight when Ray Price, animated as ever and a master of the needle, took aim at the man supposedly under fire.

The first ball was well swept, ran away for four but it didn't stop Price or the Zimbabweans sensing that they were in for the kill. The next ball Ashraful faced, he tried to steal a single, only to run Junaed Siddiqui out.

After seeing off two deliveries from Price, the man who has dismissed him on six previous occasions, Ashraful played three more before Prosper Utseya's floated off-spin got him out.

It was just an attempted late-cut, less a shot than a prod, and it left the Tigers at 89 for four.

The brief innings irked many observers who compared his inclusion to the axe that fell on Shahriar Nafees. The left-hander was slowly getting reacquainted to international cricket before his sudden omission, a clear paradox to Ashraful's sudden rise.

If Bangladesh cricket claims to be getting out of the mindset of picking potential talents, then Ashraful's was a bad example. In no uncertain terms, he is a once-in-a-generation batsman, but as the curtailed careers of Al Shahriar Rokon, Alok Kapali and Aftab Ahmed will tell you, talent only takes you so far.

Ashraful has the eleventh highest batting average among Bangladeshi batsmen in one-day cricket and although he has averaged more than 25 in four calendar years (2005 to 2008) he has never yet cracked 30.

He could still turn his 18.33 average in 2010 into something significant but waiting for that single innings (or in other words a string of fantastic shots) will do more harm than help to Bangladesh cricket.

<a href="http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=164433">Link</a>

Zunaid
December 1, 2010, 07:33 PM
Essentially, Ashraful returned with less material than a washed-up stand-up comedian fighting for his space in the spotlight, replacing the one who could give you more laughs.

Holding back there Issam? :)

kalpurush
December 1, 2010, 07:47 PM

Very well said Zunaid bhai. If BCB continues to driven by emotions, finding lights would be amabossar chad.

Murad
December 1, 2010, 07:55 PM
Really don't understand the selectors. This is not helping both Ash and the team.

Ash needed a long long break from International cricket. I've been saying this for long long time. He should be out of the team for minimum one year. He needs to fix his freaking head in domestic cricket with some coaches.

kalpurush
December 1, 2010, 07:56 PM
What's the point of watching Ash and Mash?

Shouldn't we rather watch the Selectors (official and unofficial) who are the root cause of this problem?

They should be held accounable why they drop performers and replace with off-form non-performers?

and, all BCB humra-chumra should be sacked by the PM if we want to save our cricket :)

Zeeshan
December 1, 2010, 07:59 PM
Good write up Isam bhai.

kalpurush
December 1, 2010, 07:59 PM
Really don't understand the selectors. This is not helping both Ash and the team.

Ash needed a long long break from International cricket. I've been saying this for long long time. He should be out of the team for minimum one year. He needs to fix his freaking head in domestic cricket with some coaches.
Chura BCB valo kotha shunley to! They are digging their own graves for the future.

Rifat
December 2, 2010, 01:09 AM

well said Doc :)

cricket_pagol
December 2, 2010, 01:32 AM

Eshen and Zunaid bhai, you guys are absolutely correct. Our team was completely out of sorts, lacking in vitality and energy.

BANFAN
December 2, 2010, 03:23 AM
Mash genuinely needs to get out of the team. Ash was doing well lately, I think he needs to be there for the series. If he does well here, he can be counted in teh WC team. If he doesnt play here and all his recent performances put him to the WC team, you are taking bigger risks.

Shakib is also unfortable captaining with unfit non captain Mash.

_Rafi_
December 2, 2010, 04:08 AM
^
why you are wishing Ash in WC squad? Why do you want BD to play with 10 players against 11 and half players. This half is contributed by Ash by running out his partner or missing catches.
Ash was just a waste of a spot before but now he become more than that.

_Rafi_
December 2, 2010, 11:14 PM
Mash 3-0-17-0. Has he improved his bowling speed?

Habib
December 3, 2010, 02:26 AM
Mash genuinely needs to get out of the team. Ash was doing well lately, I think he needs to be there for the series. If he does well here, he can be counted in teh WC team. If he doesnt play here and all his recent performances put him to the WC team, you are taking bigger risks.

Shakib is also unfortable captaining with unfit non captain Mash.

Second that. Mashrafe was again unimpressive today.

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 05:44 AM
mash looked like a confused player today!..all because of this Captaincy issue..we should open a poll saying how many unqualified guys r there in the bcb

ammark
December 3, 2010, 11:37 AM
I would really like it if Mashrafe for his own sake is removed from the team, and instead spends all the time in the nets with Pont.

He needs rehabilitation, mental and physical rehabilitation to get his game back in the fold. This series is doodh-bhat compared to the WC coming up. Mash should be with Rajib, Nazmul, Rubel and Shafiul working it with Pont every day.

imtiaz82
December 3, 2010, 01:15 PM
I would really like it if Mashrafe for his own sake is removed from the team, and instead spends all the time in the nets with Pont.

He needs rehabilitation, mental and physical rehabilitation to get his game back in the fold. This series is doodh-bhat compared to the WC coming up. Mash should be with Rajib, Nazmul, Rubel and Shafiul working it with Pont every day.

I agree, I felt that Mashrafe did bowl a decent line and length and got the ball to seam aswell but he was just bowling too slow (125-126km/h). Coming from injury that is understandable.. With his hitting abilities, Bangladesh will be better off if he can gain back full fitness and form by WC. Shafiul and Rubel are fine bowlers but lack in the batting department.

Beamer
December 3, 2010, 01:22 PM

Or, if he really wants to stay in the team, he needs to re-think his career and approach to his game. His opening spell is no longer decent. Its avg. Yet, he is opening the bowling and not even managing more than five overs. He needs to think what he can do well to contribute. Maybe, he needs to shorten his run-up and become a Sujon type slow medium pacer, who can be used in middle overs for seaming condition pitches overseas or at home. Become a line and length contain bowler, and improve his batting by miles, so he can be relied upon in low middle order for some quick runs ( he has the power ). And, yes, he will have to fight to be in the team as a utility type all rounder who will be in and out of the team, depending on the pitch and weather. In other words, retool and rethink. Its sad that injuries derailed him.

FagunerAgun
December 3, 2010, 07:33 PM
Rubel is the ultimate replacement of Mash. Mash is only good in funny pictures.

Haru-party
December 5, 2010, 05:00 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-05/news/113576#
you know what i'm talking about

Nadim
December 5, 2010, 05:03 AM
What ru talking about???

Haru-party
December 5, 2010, 05:07 AM
What ru talking about???

lol.....ash's no.7 position to play some shots and get quick runs during the batting powerplay.

Nadim
December 5, 2010, 05:24 AM
Does he need to come BC to learn that? :-p

ammark
December 5, 2010, 05:30 AM
As moderator:

I'm merging this thread with the Ash and Mash watching thread. The thread topic "sakib comes to bc?" is completely misleading to the content and discussion.

shakibrulz
December 5, 2010, 06:02 AM
lol.....ash's no.7 position to play some shots and get quick runs during the batting powerplay.
Shakib said that? I said that before too, the only way to utilize him is as a slogger but seems he sucks at even slogging now. Time to kiss cricket good bye Ash baby.

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 06:08 AM
'I need time to get my rhythm back' - Mortaza

Mashrafe Mortaza, the Bangladesh allrounder, has reacted to criticism about his performance in the first two ODIs against Zimbabwe by calling for more match practice following his return to the national team from injury. Mortaza is yet to take a wicket in the series, and has bowled nine overs for 53 in two games that have been dominated by spinners.

"True, it's not ideal conditions for pace bowlers, but still we could not bowl on the right areas," Mortaza told reporters in Dhaka on the eve of the third ODI. "Actually our bowling is totally spin oriented in the series as the Zimbabwean batsmen have a weakness against the slower bowlers.

"I hardly got any chance to play in the last 17 months due to injuries one after another, so I need some time to get my rhythm back and I believe things will get better only if I keep playing matches. I'm very confident about my comeback."

Mortaza said the over reliance on spinners could not continue for long. "I also believe that the scenario will be totally different when we play against the big teams because you can't depend only on the spinners against them."

Mortaza was out of action for a while due to an ankle injury that ruled him out of the series against New Zealand, which Bangladesh won 4-0. Jamie Siddons, the Bangladesh coach, admitted Mortaza had been below-par on his comeback. "He was rusty and looked a bit down. He could not bowl according to his capability and I think he needs some more matches. He will come back."

Ian Pont, the Bangladesh bowling coach, was confident about Mortaza as well. "In the nets, everything looks good; but in matches, it's not so. But it's always difficult [making a comeback], because as a fast bowler you lose your rhythm and timing. Sometimes you lose a bit of confidence, and you can have two thousand nets, but that does not always mean that you will do well in the middle.

"I think Mash will be disappointed with himself. I think he's admitted that he is a bit disappointed. But he will come back strong, he's been a great bowler for Bangladesh, and he has a lot of talent, he's very clever, and he's one of our better fast bowlers."

The five-match series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe is currently tied 1-1.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-zimbabwe-2010/content/story/490483.html

BANFAN
December 5, 2010, 06:27 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-05/news/113576#
you know what i'm talking about

Please clear, it was a big quiz :)

_Rafi_
December 5, 2010, 07:16 AM
Siddons seems in love with Ashraful.

view360
December 5, 2010, 07:23 AM
If Ash and Mash gets into the XI without backing it up with substantial performance , they will only harm themselves in the long run. Current performance parameter must be the sole issue while considering one's inclusion in the final XI.It is true that both have a very strong lobbying group including some third rate journos which can extend them helping hands in their inclusion. However, that may not be enough this time with Shakib as the captain. Rumour is in the air that Shakib now has the backing of the PM which is why even Lotus has to back Shakib. The game is on.

lamisa
December 5, 2010, 10:30 AM
next match e mone hoy duijoner ekjon o khelbe na!

Dilscoop
December 5, 2010, 04:06 PM
Does he need to come BC to learn that? :-p

It's called BB

ammark
December 6, 2010, 06:46 AM
I take back what I said about Mash. He is looking truly promising with todays match practice. Good seaming wicket, bounce, nippy pace as well as good movement in todays cool overcast conditions. Mash is getting there. Wonderful to see. :)

_Rafi_
December 6, 2010, 07:18 AM
What was his speed range today? Any improvement?

shaad
December 6, 2010, 07:22 AM
I take back what I said about Mash. He is looking truly promising with todays match practice. Good seaming wicket, bounce, nippy pace as well as good movement in todays cool overcast conditions. Mash is getting there. Wonderful to see. :)

Slept through our bowling, but that's good to hear.

simon
December 6, 2010, 07:26 AM
we can afford (gladly) a WC without Ash but not without Mash.

Brit-boy
December 7, 2010, 09:59 AM
If he wants to become a power hitter and fight for a #7 position thats one thing.

But at this point, he has no business being in the team as a bowler. Shafiul, Rubel and Nazmul should all be picked before him.

hope the 3rd odi of this series answerd back at your comment there...

nazmul over mortaza? Never! but it was abit unfair on rubel! he did well against nz in the 5th odi of that series. so he deserved a spot in the team.

Brit-boy
December 7, 2010, 10:04 AM
Mortaza offers BD more with the bat than shafiul, rubel and nazmul. Mortaza for me is the BD version of flintoff! he needs time, just returned from an injury! once he regains his selfbelief, confidence back then watch he will be back to his best!

shakibrulz
December 7, 2010, 12:39 PM
mash BD's flintoff? Then jadeja is our shakib.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Brit-boy
December 7, 2010, 01:21 PM
"BD's 'version' of flintoff, 'for me'." thats in my opinion. Didnt say mortaza is exactly BD'S flintoff, didnt mean mortaza is exactly like flintoff, for BD, like how flintoff was for england.

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 12:20 AM
"BD's 'version' of flintoff, 'for me'." thats in my opinion. Didnt say mortaza is exactly BD'S flintoff, didnt mean mortaza is exactly like flintoff, for BD, like how flintoff was for england.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Mash is a slogger and is very good at it. He's more like BD version Harbhajan with the bat. Flintoff is a genuine allrounder & matchwinner like Shakib. Sorry but I find it insulting to compare Mash with Flintoff just because he can swing the bat.

Ajfar
December 8, 2010, 12:45 AM

haha. good one

Night_wolf
December 8, 2010, 01:16 AM

hahaha...:lol:

U wish!

Brit-boy
December 8, 2010, 06:47 AM
LOL.. Theres nothing wrong with sharing an opninion. In my country England, United Kingdom people are entitled to their own opinion... Not sure if u are where u are...

Brit-boy
December 8, 2010, 07:00 AM
Its in my own opinion (and it counts for nothing) about mortaza being the BD version of Flintoff (thats in ODI ofcause).

Mortaza is a right-arm pace bowler, so was flintoff. Mash is the better bowler than freddy Flintoff in ODIs. Check cricinfo stats on their ODI bowlings. Im refering this BD version thing to in ODIs only.

Mortaza is big, like flintoff. He can hit them big like flintoff did, can/has play/played quick-fire ininings down the order like flintoff did. Freddy is the better ODI batsmen than Mortaza though but Mortaza is the better bowler in ODIs than flintoff, in general in ODIs.

There is quite abit similarties between them there, to say Mortaza is the BD version of Flintoff. In my humble opinion (ofcause)

Night_wolf
December 8, 2010, 08:02 AM
LOL.. Theres nothing wrong with sharing an opninion. In my country England, United Kingdom people are entitled to their own opinion... Not sure if u are where u are...

i thought u were bangladeshi

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 08:17 AM
Its in my own opinion (and it counts for nothing) about mortaza being the BD version of Flintoff (thats in ODI ofcause).

Mortaza is a right-arm pace bowler, so was flintoff. Mash is the better bowler than freddy Flintoff in ODIs. Check cricinfo stats on their ODI bowlings. Im refering this BD version thing to in ODIs only.

Mortaza is big, like flintoff. He can hit them big like flintoff did, can/has play/played quick-fire ininings down the order like flintoff did. Freddy is the better ODI batsmen than Mortaza though but Mortaza is the better bowler in ODIs than flintoff, in general in ODIs.

There is quite abit similarties between them there, to say Mortaza is the BD version of Flintoff. In my humble opinion (ofcause)

(Sir.) Jadeja is a SLA bowler, so is Shakib. He is lean so is Shakib. Both averages 35+ in the ODIs. So I think it's fair to say that Jadeja is our Shakib in my humble opinion.

PS: Mashrafe isn't half the bowler flintoff was, be it tests or ODIs.

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 08:18 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
I think it works both ways innit? You are entitled to have your opinion and so am I. You from UK? Hard to believe that tbh.

Night_wolf
December 8, 2010, 11:59 AM
(Sir.) Jadeja is a SLA bowler, so is Shakib. He is lean so is Shakib. Both averages 35+ in the ODIs. So I think it's fair to say that Jadeja is our Shakib in my humble opinion.

PS: Mashrafe isn't half the bowler flintoff was, be it tests or ODIs.

jadeja is half the bowler shakib is..and batting wise..hmm...shakib is still ahead imo...only criteria they can be at par is fielding(many bc members may differ with this though)

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 12:06 PM
jadeja is half the bowler shakib is..and batting wise..hmm...shakib is still ahead imo...only criteria they can be at par is fielding(many bc members may differ with this though)
IceMan>Bradman.. :-p That was just to show the level of stupidity comparing Mash with Freddo.

shuziburo
December 8, 2010, 12:34 PM
IceMan>Bradman.. :-p That was just to show the level of stupidity comparing Mash with Freddo.

IceMan >> Bradman as a bowler.

As a batsman, Bradman > every batsman in history.

roman
December 8, 2010, 12:38 PM
Please lets not compare Bradman with anyone. We are insulting him by doing so.

Brit-boy
December 9, 2010, 12:23 PM
i thought u were bangladeshi

Brit is short 'British'.
In uk We are called British-Bangladeshis, or you can just be called 'BRITISH', if you have an british red-passport. I dont mind both! My parents are from sylhet,bangladesh, and I love my mother-land. I support bangladesh cricket team, that makes me a bangladeshi (non-british)? lmao.

Brit-boy
December 9, 2010, 12:50 PM
I think it works both ways innit? You are entitled to have your opinion and so am I. You from UK? Hard to believe that tbh.

What u trying to say mate?.Doesnt it say in my profile me location? British and proud, BUDDY!

Wat makes u say t its hard to belive?, Isit cause im nice,down to earth, humble not boastful arogant like how Brits may seem to you?. mate, check me profile, n comprehend what I am like, Iv stated there what am like.
[size=1][i]<br />Posted via BC

Brit-boy
December 9, 2010, 01:10 PM

Mate, now ur acting like a retrd there!
It seems to me ur/u are having problems understanding what 'VERSION' means. Go look in the dictionary, it will help ya.

Night_wolf
December 9, 2010, 02:00 PM
Brit is short 'British'.
In uk We are called British-Bangladeshis, or you can just be called 'BRITISH', if you have an british red-passport. I dont mind both! My parents are from sylhet,bangladesh, and I love my mother-land. I support bangladesh cricket team, that makes me a bangladeshi (non-british)? lmao.

Be Bangladeshi:flag: 1st British 2nd..

ammark
December 9, 2010, 02:15 PM
As mod:

Lets please leave out the talk about nationality, etc from this thread and focus on Ash and Mashrafe instead. There's always Forget Cricket to discuss other topics.

kazis2007
December 9, 2010, 02:46 PM
Focus on cricket pls

_Rafi_
December 9, 2010, 03:18 PM
No Ash no fun! Without him we BC members start fighting each other on some random non-cricketing issues.
Bring back Ash. Bring back his single digit scores which we can talk on, bring back his stupidity on which we can laugh on. Ash is the biggest superstar BD ever made. The much attentions he gets by doing nothing Shakib and co not ever gonna get half of it by doing everything.

Nafi
December 9, 2010, 03:40 PM
My race is British.

:lol: you meant nationality

british isnt a race, and if it was... :floor:

Also dont want to see mash in the world cup team, unless he is bowling at least 85 mph, otherwise it proves he isnt match fit (too scared to bowl with full effort (aka 'bilail')

roman
December 9, 2010, 04:39 PM
No Ash no fun! Without him we BC members start fighting each other on some random non-cricketing issues.
Bring back Ash. Bring back his single digit scores which we can talk on, bring back his stupidity on which we can laugh on. Ash is the biggest superstar BD ever made. The much attentions he gets by doing nothing Shakib and co not ever gonna get half of it by doing everything.

Fully agreed...Its no fun picking on Mash or Rokib, gotta start picking on Ash again...

lamisa
December 10, 2010, 04:48 AM
ufff ash kono natok ba ad kore na keno???it's so boring without him...imagine what would happen when/if ash gets married,BC will crash!

Brit-boy
December 10, 2010, 09:00 PM
Asteh behta..ashte ashte sesh oizaisna...

Brit-boy
December 10, 2010, 09:07 PM
Think Iv become a fan of Mortaza, seeing plenty anti-Mortaza critics here.. The guy has done alot for bangladesh cricket, had many injuries, yet his still up and back to fight for his country. NO DOUBT, INDEED MORTAZA IS AN WARRIOR OF BENGAL...

BIG UP MASHRAFE BIN MORTAZA!

Haru-party
December 11, 2010, 05:06 AM
Think Iv become a fan of Mortaza, seeing plenty anti-Mortaza critics here.. The guy has done alot for bangladesh cricket, had many injuries, yet his still up and back to fight for his country. NO DOUBT, INDEED MORTAZA IS AN WARRIOR OF BENGAL...

BIG UP MASHRAFE BIN MORTAZA!

at last a post from you that i can appriciate

Brit-boy
December 11, 2010, 07:35 AM
LoL..
It doesnt make any difference to me if any one appriciates me or not. If one does then thats nice of them and if any one dont then its good, no problem, no worries. :)

firstlane
December 11, 2010, 08:18 AM

LOL you have a way of saying words..

firstlane
December 11, 2010, 08:27 AM

I am sure Dravid will agree with what you said bro.