PDA

View Full Version : What was the point of hiring Julien Fountain?

amar11432
December 1, 2010, 05:06 AM
Bangladesh's fielding seems to be worse off. Zims fielding was miles better than BD's in today's game. Running between wickets was also worse off. Whats going on???

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/icons/icon13.gif

Habib
December 1, 2010, 05:17 AM
And the bashing game started. Founatin has a big mouth though.

amar11432
December 1, 2010, 05:20 AM
4 F****** run-outs, We are going backwards!!!

Eshen
December 1, 2010, 05:22 AM
Well, if you judge by this match only, it's hard to justify work of any of the three foreign coaches, as the team failed in all three departments (except for spinners, who are taken care of by our local coach Salahuddin).

nahaz
December 1, 2010, 05:23 AM
So that he can say " I could not be bothered researching about our (weak) opponents" and then the BC liberals then jump around in joy.

ahnaf
December 1, 2010, 05:27 AM
Lol..bashing start hye geche

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 05:28 AM
Ian pont & Julien fountain indeed seems to have an impact. Crap bowling and crap fielding. And thankfully the big mouthing before the series bites straight back up his rear.

Naimul_Hd
December 1, 2010, 05:28 AM
4 F****** run-outs, We are going backwards!!!

Run out is batting coach's dept !

Habib
December 1, 2010, 05:29 AM
Run out is batting coach's dept !

Uhu. Fountain worked on running between the wickets too.

Nadim
December 1, 2010, 05:32 AM
Blame JS....he needs to fix up the batting order as well as the batting PP.....

Eshen
December 1, 2010, 05:33 AM
IMO, no point blaming any of the coaches today. I don't think it was lack of skills, but lack of focus from players that brought us the humiliation. I hope I am wrong, but I somehow get a feeling that players were not united as a team today. May be it's because unnecessary chopping and changing that happened to bring Ash and Mash back in the team, or may be it's because all the drama that's going on about the captaincy!

Zunaid
December 1, 2010, 05:36 AM
^^ I could not agree more with Eshen. The team dynamics were destroyed by decisions that came from the nether regions.

Naimul_Hd
December 1, 2010, 05:37 AM
^ agreed.

The blame should go to players for their lack of focus and sometimes lack of respect to their opponents !

Night_wolf
December 1, 2010, 05:56 AM
amu jamu khelmu jitmu vab nia khelte gele amon e hoy...coach re dos dia lav nai

Baundule
December 1, 2010, 06:01 AM
As it looks like, it is a batting failure (did not watch much of the match, just from the scorecard) and so Siddons is expected to be #1 in the blame-list. I do not blame him much, though. The team selection was bad.

roman
December 1, 2010, 06:03 AM
the fielding was great against NZ. As Ehsan vai pointed out I think players were not totally focussed. Maybe they took Zim lightly or may be they were upset about all the chaos over captaincy...

frd
December 1, 2010, 06:21 AM
And here starts the bashing game.come on ,we are not invincible.we just had a bad day .our bowling fielding was brilliant in the nz series.one shouldnt be judged on the basis of only match.stop bashing or praising too early.

tiger_army
December 1, 2010, 06:32 AM
Blame BNP and Khaleda bibi for giving Hortal before the match day

simon
December 1, 2010, 06:44 AM
I couldn't watch a single moment of this match but stayed in touch looking at live scorecard.
No need to blame coaches.
I think we shld blame the batsmen for another failure & once again Sakib had too much to do.
Imrul needs to convert this 40+ to 80s or 100S.
We needed SN,batsmen like Ash,Mushy & Junaid are too inconsistent.

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 06:47 AM
And fountain gets a good share of the blame for being arrogant. He should've just shut it, imo.

Night_wolf
December 1, 2010, 06:52 AM
And fountain gets a good share of the blame for being arrogant. He should've just shut it, imo.

what do u expect?..he is English

Andy-Flower
December 1, 2010, 07:27 AM
Dont blame the coach, if Shakib had pulled it of this topic wouldnt even be there. Zim played well yu were under pressure after losing quick wickets. If you cant get runs with your bat try your using your feet, that what they did and unfortunately it didnt work out well today.

ammark
December 1, 2010, 07:31 AM
what do u expect?..he is English

No he is South African. But thats not the point. Whats the coach supposed to do if the players themselves have a loser mentality throughout?

Boomerang
December 1, 2010, 07:37 AM
I think the players have themselves to blame. How can the coaches teach the players to avoid run outs? and the run out chance! you expect the coach to teach the established wicket keeper to collect a easy ball thrown from deep fine leg and break the stumps- when he had all the time in the world and the two batsmen were dancing in the bowlers end and taking decision who will return to the pavilion, and in the end to their great surprise they saw a straight forward ball hissing out through the alley of the gloves of the wicketkeeper. simply no words. Btw i think the players were flying with their feet above their head and carrying the pride of the clean sweep against the Black Caps. As it was said- Arrogance is the pillar of failure.

lamisa
December 1, 2010, 10:08 AM
oh come on!!!did u forget the nz series?the fielding in that series?

Brit-boy
December 1, 2010, 11:52 AM
Dont blame the coach!! when things dont go well,, its not his fault some of the batsmen after playing so much cricket cant still seem to learn properly. I can understand the fustration and anger after failing to chase down a modest total of 209! im angry and fustrated too.. But i think its abit unfair on the coach, bashing him after this defeate to zim after a great series win whitewashing nz.. When they did well in the nz series, u were happy, wernt u?, praising the coach alot...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 12:21 PM
No he is South African. But thats not the point. Whats the coach supposed to do if the players themselves have a loser mentality throughout?
Put a sock in his mouth, for a start.

Haru-party
December 1, 2010, 03:13 PM
Dont blame the coach, if Shakib had pulled it of this topic wouldnt even be there. Zim played well yu were under pressure after losing quick wickets. If you cant get runs with your bat try your using your feet, that what they did and unfortunately it didnt work out well today.

haha ur signature

AsifTheManRahman
December 1, 2010, 03:23 PM
Take a whip, then take a gadha and whip the gadha forty times. Continue until you have five kids, none of them twins. Then continue until the gadha dies.

Moral of the story: Gadha pitay manush banano jaay na. These sissies will always bat and throw like sissies. Some of them will bowl like sissies too.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

cricket_pagol
December 1, 2010, 03:47 PM
IMO, no point blaming any of the coaches today. I don't think it was lack of skills, but lack of focus from players that brought us the humiliation. I hope I am wrong, but I somehow get a feeling that players were not united as a team today. May be it's because unnecessary chopping and changing that happened to bring Ash and Mash back in the team, or may be it's because all the drama that's going on about the captaincy!

I had the same exact feeling, the players did not look hungry and focused to win.

skhondoker
December 1, 2010, 04:12 PM
I did not like the body language of the players in the field. I did not see Shakib going to Mash to give an earful on some erratic bowling...I surely got the feeling of some reservation on the senior players...something must have happened in the dressing room prior to the game.....no one wanted to win.....even when Shakib was batting.....he was furious on the OUTs of his boys on the other side of the crease but something was really missing today......

MarufH
December 1, 2010, 05:14 PM
Something is seriously wrong inside the team, it's much more than just fielding.. I feel strong internal conflict...

Dilscoop
December 1, 2010, 06:09 PM
If Ashraful drops a catch why would you blame the coach? It's Ashraful's fault. Same reason why you should be mad at your kids for failing a test, not the teacher. Coaches have been working with the team very hard, and they showed lot of interest in this team. And one bad game, and here comes the bashing threads. Typical fans.

And run out blames go to fielding coach?

Rifat
December 2, 2010, 02:02 AM
I still think he is a good coach.

the Body language, super energetic fielding during the NZ series is some of the best fielding i have ever seen from Bangladesh. based on those matches, It got me convinced that Mr. Fountain had some influence on the players. he worked hard with the players.

people: moral of the story: we lost this match because in the back of our minds, we didn't really care! had we cared enough, took it seriously and thought of Zimbabwe as a worthy contender, we would have played to our strengths and avoided the silly mistakes.

when i say We i mean the players, selectors and to a small extent fans too...

Everyone knows this is not how Tiger's roar, we are better than this!

Dhaka Dan
December 2, 2010, 06:03 AM
Ever heard the phrase ... "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink" And.... "One swallow, does not make a summer" ???

How about letting Pont and Fountain do their jobs until their contracts expire, check the results, measure their impact and if its positive keep them on; if its not get rid of them. Last time i checked even the barclays premier league allow managers more than 5 games before they fire them.

And incidentally their win loss ratio is 4:1

hmmmm ????