PDA

View Full Version : The causes for the loss..!!

Shaan
December 1, 2010, 06:39 AM
I'm not a good person to analyse or straightly say not an expert on analyzing things but still thought should write some few lines so that everyone can express their own here. After the match few points very clearly juggled in my mind which causes the damage for us today:

Cause of the failure:
- Overshadowed by self compliment (Atto tustir dhekur) after winning the NZ series..
- JS the shordar has totally underestimated the ability of Zimbos otherwise why the tam was acting like a bunch of idiots out middle their as if they were circus animals lost in wild..
- Fountain overdosed boys savored the dish by commenting too high on prematch statement which has made them looked paralyzed in the field

Match turning points:
- Ash (tukku Sir, my apology your highness) the greats appearance in the silver screen brought the drama and downfall
- Mullah what on earth happened to him, where does he lost his Alddin’s lamp, can’t rotate properly can’t hit clearly..
- The rest is history for today..

Please guys point out your thoughts too here..

deshprem
December 1, 2010, 06:42 AM
yah the coaches had everything to do wit our 6 wicket collaspe. forget the decision making by our batsmen n using their experience....it was coaches that lost it for us from the sidelines.

Night_wolf
December 1, 2010, 06:45 AM
Plz dont say anything about ash's brain farts anymore...u need to have a brain for farts..

firstlane
December 1, 2010, 06:47 AM
I mentioned it in the match thread as well.

"The only reason I can think of losing this match is lack of professionalism. Based on indivisual's skills we are definitely ahead of zimbabwe but what makes the difference is the absense of resposibility in our players.

The major points that made us lose today in my opinion are-

- Four run outs
- Ahsraful's fancy try-out shot to steer the ball to thirdman (over and over again)
- Shakib's choice of iresponsible scoop shot in crucial moment (which he has done repeatedly)

Think about this- how can a team hope to win after four run outs in a match. How can a team possibly manage to do that?

This observations tell me the team has taken this match lightly. They thought they could win the match without giving their best."

beshideshi
December 1, 2010, 07:00 AM
I think the main reason why we lost today was because we weren't playing like a team, people weren't backing each other up. Every team has superstars, and they have to perform to justify their position/role.
In my opinion we have 4 superstars in the team, tamim, Shakib, Ashraful, Mashrafe. And we all know who the non performing superstars are. Such iconic players always stay above the team, they always get special treatment from our management and the opponent's management, but unless they perform much better than the rest all these special treatment is not worthwhile. I say let's make a team without the superstars. We all saw the difference in team chemistry when we played without the superstars.

Raynman
December 1, 2010, 07:22 AM
Taking 209 target too cautiously was a mistake. SN and IK went for the jugular when chasing down the Kiwis and that set the tone.

(something I have been screaming about at Siddons for a while) The batsman have become blockers and don't know how to play shots based on the match situation. They have little concept of planning out a chase and no chemistry in terms of batting as a pair/partnerships.

Lets not give Shakib a pass either for that scoop attempt when the game was in a winnable position.

zainab
December 1, 2010, 07:39 AM
I feel that they were oozing with self confidence and arrogance because a strong Zim team was beaten by BCBX1. Thought that it will be an easy win, played like school boys with run out, If they dont reassess their mistakes, they will lose the series.

Baundule
December 1, 2010, 07:41 AM
We lost so that we can prove our ability to fight back and win the series 3-1 and then losing the last match again. This will make Zimbabwe a competitive side and regain their test status. The end result is, we will no longer be be the most pathetic test side.

_Rafi_
December 1, 2010, 07:46 AM
Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool!

Night_wolf
December 1, 2010, 07:54 AM
Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool! Ashrafool!

2nd match e hobena ore naoar Vhul!!!

mehedi
December 1, 2010, 08:14 AM
i think the team managment/selecters should be blamed for Ashraful's poor performance with the bat than Ashraful himself

Tiger444
December 1, 2010, 08:49 AM
From the start we just did not look good. Missed way too many run out chances, had dropped catches, pacers bowling all wayward. The big reason we were that close was the spinners did their usual and bowled really wella dn the fact Zimbabwean batsmen are pure garbage against spin.

magic boy
December 1, 2010, 08:55 AM
IMO the root cause is pseudo pressure.From Jamie to Shakib everybody was talking about pressure and Mash and etc was thinking 3-2 series win. Seriously these guys don't really think like those Aussie.This remind me of that Habibul Bashar era where he used to say we are thinking of wining match by match.We lost the game mentally.There was no intention of blow away less powerful team like Zimbabwe.Similar things happen when better team took us normally and then lost 1 or 2 matches in a series.Zimbabwe has taken the chance of our mental weakness. nothing else. There is no one but Shakib & Tamim in the team think that we can win. Rest are all loser minded !

Raynman
December 1, 2010, 09:42 AM
IMO the root cause is pseudo pressure.From Jamie to Shakib everybody was talking about pressure and Mash and etc was thinking 3-2 series win. Seriously these guys don't really think like those Aussie.This remind me of that Habibul Bashar era where he used to say we are thinking of wining match by match.We lost the game mentally.There was no intention of blow away less powerful team like Zimbabwe.Similar things happen when better team took us normally and then lost 1 or 2 matches in a series.Zimbabwe has taken the chance of our mental weakness. nothing else. There is no one but Shakib & Tamim in the team think that we can win. Rest are all loser minded !

I'm going to be the odd man out here and call out both Shakib and Tamim as well.

Tamim : As a cricketer of the year I think we all can agree he is talented. On that note, he needs to guide other batsmen (through strong partnerships) and score innings that are meaningful (translation - set up a win).

Shakib : I know he does it all but his out yesterday was as big of a brain fart as any of Ash's.

But I agree that the SISSY mentality is dangerous and from selectors to head coach to key team members, this needs to be addressed.

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 09:48 AM
I think the main reason why we lost today was because we weren't playing like a team, people weren't backing each other up. Every team has superstars, and they have to perform to justify their position/role.
In my opinion we have 4 superstars in the team, tamim, Shakib, Ashraful, Mashrafe. And we all know who the non performing superstars are. Such iconic players always stay above the team, they always get special treatment from our management and the opponent's management, but unless they perform much better than the rest all these special treatment is not worthwhile. I say let's make a team without the superstars. We all saw the difference in team chemistry when we played without the superstars.
If Ashraful is a superstar, please don't say Shakib is, he'd rather shoot himself than being in the same league with Crapshraful.

The only superstars are Shakib & Tamim.

lamisa
December 1, 2010, 09:55 AM
shonar chan ashraful! :-P

lamisa
December 1, 2010, 10:02 AM
i think he let himself out of the toilet finally to steal a glance at the score.to see if his hard work has paid off or not!

meazz1
December 1, 2010, 10:09 AM
I blame our top orders for the defeat. Chasing a 209 against Zim after clean sweeping NZ was very much achievable.
Our top orders have no clue on how to play to win.