PDA

View Full Version : Time to drop Rahim?

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 11:32 AM
What the heck did the guy do to deserve a place in the team? (especially ODIs)
He can do well occasionally, but has been terribly inconsistent. And he's been always poor behind the stumps, I daresay the 2nd worst keeper I've seen after Akmal.

Given that Jahurul did perform alright in the limited number of chances he got (in bowler friendly conditions), shouldn't he be in the squad instead of Rahim? Time for an introspection for Mushy maybe?

Night_wolf
December 1, 2010, 11:35 AM
drop our cheer leader?...hmm...let me think....nope

aklemalp
December 1, 2010, 11:42 AM
i dare say no,let him bat at no.3,that's final

Ajfar
December 1, 2010, 11:51 AM
As a wicket keeper? Hell ya. As a Batsman? Hell no. Bring him up to number 4, and let him do what he is really good at, bat.

Shaan
December 1, 2010, 12:15 PM
we need batsman Rahim, at least he is not Ash type for sure. He is capable of occupy crease at the same time can rotate runs.. He is mentally tough like shakib and tamim what i mean is that he is capable of playing unde pressures unlike some in the team..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 12:15 PM
As a wicket keeper? Hell ya. As a Batsman? Hell no. Bring him up to number 4, and let him do what he is really good at, bat.
You could say the same about Mahmudullah too. And FYI ashraful has a better average playing almost double the matches he did. :umm:

Raynman
December 1, 2010, 12:28 PM
Rahim has no business with the gloves.

We have to stop picking players and assigning roles to them. They should be picked because they are the best for that role.

Rumz_01
December 1, 2010, 01:04 PM
No, i do no think it's time to drop him :) I have no justification in terms of his current contributions to the matches.. but hey he's awesome :) Like happy and cheerful, which is nice :D

Rabz
December 1, 2010, 01:11 PM
We've got bigger fishes to fry before we can turn on to this little one.

roman
December 1, 2010, 01:17 PM
Its overdue..We have lost so many matches because of his blunder. Johurul is much better batsman than Mushy

simon
December 1, 2010, 01:26 PM
To be honest Mushy's contribution in ODIs is very ignorable.
maybe he wld do better as a top order btsman but I think Jahurule shld be there to compete with Mushy.

Baundule
December 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
Rahim's inclusion to the squad replacing inform Pilot was not justified. Till then he has been favoured by the selectors, although he has consistently flopped with the gloves. A few others like Selim or Dhiman came in for one match or two and then got ditched, Rahim's return need not to be earned. He never had to compete for his place in the team. He used to be considered as one of the core members of the team as well.

If relieved of the gloves work, he can be a very good batsman, both in the test and, many people may not agree, ODI.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
December 1, 2010, 02:12 PM
i think jahurul should get a chance before world cup..so that he can prove something. If you dont give a player chances enough how could he can prove, he is better than someone!

Habib
December 1, 2010, 03:05 PM
Rahim's inclusion to the squad replacing inform Pilot was not justified. Till then he has been favoured by the selectors, although he has consistently flopped with the gloves. A few others like Selim or Dhiman came in for one match or two and then got ditched, Rahim's return need not to be earned. He never had to compete for his place in the team. He used to be considered as one of the core members of the team as well.

If relieved of the gloves work, he can be a very good batsman, both in the test and, many people may not agree, ODI.

Ahem. Pilot was utter crap at the end of his career & his infamous quote-''I'm an automatic choice'' didn't help him either.

simon
December 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
Mushy is a very influential player eventhough he contributes very little.

Haru-party
December 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
hell nooo

Eshen
December 1, 2010, 04:40 PM
His glove works was actually ok in the match, it's his batting that has let us down (once again!). For any new keeper, it will take time to adapt to our bowlers. I don't think it will be wise to change this vital cog in the team this close to the WC.

Eshen
December 1, 2010, 04:53 PM
BTW, I withdraw my pre-series request to promote Mushfiq at #4, he is simply not good enough for such a high position. He does not fit well in the #6 either, but, in light of current situation, I guess it's unrealistic to expect best possible options for every slot in our team.

As Rabz said, we currently have other players that are total failures in their primary roles (batsmen - Ash, Riyad. bowler - Mashrafe) who should be kicked out first, before we turn our attention to Mushfiq (who is at least playing one role well).

al Furqaan
December 1, 2010, 04:55 PM
he's being under utilized. he needs to bat at 3 or 4, not have Junaid or Ash in there. Or Rock. yes he will fail, but even Sachin has collected 20 ODI ducks in his career. Overall mushfiq will be the best fit for either of those positions with TI and IK locking the opening slots, and Shakib in at 5. we just have to find a 6-8 that can accelerate.

al Furqaan
December 1, 2010, 04:57 PM
BTW, I withdraw my pre-series request to promote Mushfiq at #4, he is simply not good enough for such a high position.

you can't just judge mushfiq on one game in a position he's not ideally suited for. he needs to be given a string of chances at #3 or #4. He's not gonna score at a run a ball, but believe me, he has the brains and the technique to be the best we've ever had at that position. he just needs a chance.

what Junaid, Rock, and Ash are doing there is beyond me.

Eshen
December 1, 2010, 05:01 PM
you can't just judge mushfiq on one game in a position he's not ideally suited for. he needs to be given a string of chances at #3 or #4. He's not gonna score at a run a ball, but believe me, he has the brains and the technique to be the best we've ever had at that position. he just needs a chance.

When he came to bat, we needed much less than run-a-ball. All he needed was to survive and to support Sakib. And I am not judging him by one match, his ODI average is hovering in low 20s for last one year or two.

As I said before, if not WC were so close, I would be calling for his head too.

Tiger444
December 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
When he came to bat, we needed much less than run-a-ball. All he needed was to survive and to support Sakib. And I am not judging him by one match, his ODI average is hovering in low 20s for last one year or two.

I agree. Mushy had about 25 overs to get settled in and play his game. His position did not matter at all today in my opinion. He had plenty of time to settle in and build a partnership with Shakib. Instead he got bowled by Price. Isn't Mushy supposed to be our best player against spin? No excuse getting out in that kind of situation when you have so much experience under your belt. He's hand chances to play innings where had time but got out. No excuse for such a poor average this year. He's been as inconsistent as all our other batsmen this year in ODIs which brings us back in to square 1. Who the hell can bat for us at #3 or #4?

nycpro96
December 1, 2010, 05:14 PM
I agree. Mushy had about 25 overs to get settled in and play his game. His position did not matter at all today in my opinion. He had plenty of time to settle in and build a partnership with Shakib. Instead he got bowled by Price. Isn't Mushy supposed to be our best player against spin? No excuse getting out in that kind of situation when you have so much experience under your belt. He's hand chances to play innings where had time but got out. No excuse for such a poor average this year. He's been as inconsistent as all our other batsmen this year in ODIs which brings us back in to square 1. Who the hell can bat for us at #3 or #4?

I agree that it was kind of ridiculous how Mushfiq, of all people, got bowled by pretty much a half volley from a spinner.

Ajfar
December 1, 2010, 06:00 PM
^ not to mention he is suppose to be one of our best batsman against spin.

Dilscoop
December 1, 2010, 06:21 PM
^ Shakib reaction to that tells it all. Pretty much like : "Even you let me down"

Shakib knew, he and Rahim could've finished the game. Or even Shak and Mashrafe. Mashrafe just had to trust his captain and RUN!

al Furqaan
December 1, 2010, 07:33 PM

i'll admit i'm partial to mushfiq, as i am with ash. but i really don't think mushfiq has done that badly. i think he is the classic mis-utilized player by BCB. BCB shuffles everyone. ash to open, ash to go to one down, ash to bat at 6-7, ash to open again...cycle continues. yes the player is at fault for not locking a position down like shakib and tamim, but the think tank also has no clue what to do.

mushfiq stays in my opinion.

as it is, rock has to go, junaid has to go, riyad has to go. and according to most, ash has to go. thats 4 players. possibly 5 if you add naeem.

that means we have to come up with 5 batsman to replace them. tamim and shakib can't just keep batting after a dismissal. I want to know who these replacement batsman are since everyone keeps talking about them and not mentioning any names.

which is why the problem will not solve itself until it does.

Zunaid
December 1, 2010, 07:40 PM
Your problem, Asaad, is that you think the tank can think. The think-tank.

MatinSux
December 1, 2010, 08:07 PM
LOL--->"...let him do what he is really good at, bat."
LOL AGAIN--->"he's being under utilized. he needs to bat at 3 or 4,..."
LOL YET AGAIN--->"...but even Sachin has collected 20 ODI ducks in his career."

Now the real deal:
Mushy is welcomed to play 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or any other position he likes but the fact is that he will still be 4 ft chattery cheerleader. His main role is not to keep nor to bat, but to cheer for the team behind the stumps. Have anyone seen him fail at that? I honestly believe that he is being underutilized as a cheerleader. He needs to drop the gloves and get his pompoms on.

Zeeshan
December 1, 2010, 08:10 PM
bhai to dekhi lol falaite falaite post vijaye fellen...

al Furqaan
December 1, 2010, 08:12 PM

i know i'm amongst the first to criticize them...but when push comes to shove, u can't really do the job a whole lot differently than them. they're just working with the hand they've been dealt. yes their jobs would be a lot easier if they had a sachin, dhoni, and zaheer to select for matches.

MatinSux
December 1, 2010, 08:18 PM
In the last 12 months, Junaid Sid is averaging 33 meanwhile the cheerleader is averaging 23. basically no matter what u do, the cheerleader seems very consistent within his average.

Zunaid
December 1, 2010, 08:35 PM
i know i'm amongst the first to criticize them...but when push comes to shove, u can't really do the job a whole lot differently than them. they're just working with the hand they've been dealt. yes their jobs would be a lot easier if they had a sachin, dhoni, and zaheer to select for matches.

yeah, but we weren't all holding deuces either. Granted, our deck isn't loaded to the hilt with aces, but we did have some 9s and 10s that could have been picked. I cannot say I can agree that this is the best you could do with the hand you've been dealt. We did have options.

Dilscoop
December 1, 2010, 09:47 PM
I want him to bat at 4!!!!

I can't believe they dropped Jahurul. I would have replaced him

Jadukor
December 1, 2010, 10:03 PM
In the last 12 months, Junaid Sid is averaging 33 meanwhile the cheerleader is averaging 23. basically no matter what u do, the cheerleader seems very consistent within his average.

When your best batsman (tamim) averages 29 then averaging 23 as a keeper and a no. 6 batter (which requires u to hit out) is pretty good i would say

I would say NO to dropping Mushfiq at this point. He is a batsman with good technique and temperment...i think taking away his keeping duties and pushing him up the order is the way to go... Johurul who should be drafted in for Ash can carry on with the gloves and bat at 6. I have faith in Mushfiq..expecting him to bounce back with a quickfire 46in the next game and retain his avergage.. ;-)

AsifTheManRahman
December 1, 2010, 10:49 PM
Every time I think about the think-tank hoping it can think, I end up feeling like I just shot myself in the head with a rubber bullet. How can a bunch of people be so bloody clueless at their jobs and yet not have to answer to the boss? Even breaking a bat on the dressing room floor isn't enough for venting the frustrations these idiots are responsible for.

pagol-chagol
December 1, 2010, 10:54 PM
We are too close to the world cup even to play with that idea.

shakibrulz
December 1, 2010, 10:57 PM
When your best batsman (tamim) averages 29 then averaging 23 as a keeper and a no. 6 batter (which requires u to hit out) is pretty good i would say

I would say NO to dropping Mushfiq at this point. He is a batsman with good technique and temperment...i think taking away his keeping duties and pushing him up the order is the way to go... Johurul who should be drafted in for Ash can carry on with the gloves and bat at 6. I have faith in Mushfiq..expecting him to bounce back with a quickfire 46in the next game and retain his avergage.. ;-)

Tamim is an opener, who faces the new ball. And he tends to end up with fewer not outs. So he wouldn't obviously have a pretty average like Rahim. And I would agree he's done his job by scoring at a mammoth s/r of 65. And his keeping is just terrible by international standards.

roman
December 1, 2010, 11:09 PM
He should have been dropped long time ago. We have johurul who is much better than him

MatinSux
December 2, 2010, 12:31 AM
damn Rahim has this "oshadaraon" technique that I've missed and most ppl in here seemed to picked up on.

Anyway, I still say someone let him drop his gloves and give him some pompoms to unleash this little beast true potential.

Baundule
December 2, 2010, 04:40 AM
Ahem. Pilot was utter crap at the end of his career & his infamous quote-''I'm an automatic choice'' didn't help him either.
Averagewise Pilot was actually scoring lot of runs in ODIs. He was not needed against weaker opponents in most of the matches; but against tougher opponents he used to be the last man standing. You will see lot of not outs in his last several innings. In this part of his career he has some big innnings as well by our our standard.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55954.html?class=2;template=results;type=allround; view=match

tuf41
December 2, 2010, 05:53 AM
What the heck did the guy do to deserve a place in the team? (especially ODIs)
He can do well occasionally, but has been terribly inconsistent. And he's been always poor behind the stumps, I daresay the 2nd worst keeper I've seen after Akmal.

Given that Jahurul did perform alright in the limited number of chances he got (in bowler friendly conditions), shouldn't he be in the squad instead of Rahim? Time for an introspection for Mushy maybe?

Dont use Sakibs name and insult him.
Little man just lacks little confidence after his eye injury.
I say make him the vice, he keep the team in high spirit.
he is the magic pill.

get rid of Ash the fool at any cost.

Hortal, hortal, hortal !!

zainab
December 2, 2010, 07:33 AM
Give Mushy a break now, play Jahurul as Wk/Batsman, he is quite good as wicket keeper and taller.

crickwizard
December 2, 2010, 07:59 AM
Yes. Drop Mushy and try Johurul. Mushy doesnt deserve a chance after the most recent NZ series

Shaan
December 6, 2010, 03:48 PM
Mushfiq did really well job behind the stump, he is looking more comfortable as ever. I guess keeping is about time, timing and fully understanding with your bowlers, which takes plenty of time to master. As this interview Musfique himself admitted that he is started to understand his bowlers well gradually on course of time which making his job easy, here is the link of the interview: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-07/news/114049

Fazal
December 6, 2010, 04:43 PM
I think dropping him will be a BIG mistake, he will shrink further.

I suggest we need to pull him from both side. He need to be few inch taller to be more effective wicket keeper.

simon
December 6, 2010, 05:47 PM
we need Mushy up the order so that he can play out a lot of overs & play a good innings.
He isn't the sort of player who will come in to bat when we have 10-15 overs left & score a quick 40+.
the early he comes the better he performs.

fishyguy
December 6, 2010, 06:15 PM
Mushfik came out and was playing recklessly and shouldve been stumped. If he was stumped we would be calling for his head now. Mushfik has not cemented his place yet just like Rokibul and Zunaid, why becasue they are not good enough and consistent enough to guarantee their place. A few bad peformances in a row and he could easily be replaced just like Rokibul and Zunaid. So far the only batsman who have cemented their place is Tamim, Kayes and Shakib.

Dilscoop
December 6, 2010, 09:54 PM
lol I love these digs

AsifTheManRahman
December 6, 2010, 09:55 PM
And yet the geniuses in the management won't let him bat up the order for ten consecutive games. We're designed to lose.

Rifat
December 6, 2010, 09:57 PM
And yet the geniuses in the management won't let him bat up the order for ten consecutive games. We're designed to lose.

Management needs to be *whipped* for this :D

Dhruvo
December 6, 2010, 10:20 PM
Mushfik came out and was playing recklessly and shouldve been stumped. If he was stumped we would be calling for his head now.
Yeah but he wasn't. Bangladesh would have lost the 3rd odi if they bowled poorly, but they didn't. Lets not play the "if" game, whatever happens, happens.

shakibrulz
December 7, 2010, 12:06 AM
Mushfik came out and was playing recklessly and shouldve been stumped. If he was stumped we would be calling for his head now. Mushfik has not cemented his place yet just like Rokibul and Zunaid, why becasue they are not good enough and consistent enough to guarantee their place. A few bad peformances in a row and he could easily be replaced just like Rokibul and Zunaid. So far the only batsman who have cemented their place is Tamim, Kayes and Shakib.
Agreed. Atleast let him score with some consistency in the first place.

His scores from last 10 matches before this: 1,22,9,13*,0,22,13,29,1,7*. And his wicketkeeping wasn't spectacular either.

shakibrulz
December 7, 2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah but he wasn't. Bangladesh would have lost the 3rd odi if they bowled poorly, but they didn't. Lets not play the "if" game, whatever happens, happens.
You don't always get lucky with such brain farts everytime.

wiseshah
December 7, 2010, 01:47 AM

r u still 11 yrs old? just curious

shakibrulz
March 4, 2011, 11:54 AM
BUMP.
So hope they're done with promoting him up the order. Just drop him after the world cup and draft Jahurul in.

Nafi
March 4, 2011, 11:57 AM
Bring in jahurul!

meazz1
March 4, 2011, 12:06 PM
why are you bringing this thread from the dead?

I say drop the whole team. Bring in new recruits. No one can do any worse!!

mali007
March 4, 2011, 12:14 PM
Bring the Asian Game Gold medal team except Ash.

jahidus200
March 4, 2011, 12:16 PM
vai i am totally agree with u , idk why selectors are still taking him in the team , jahurul islam is far better player than musfiq, and look at his average only 23 after almost nearly 100 match ,

Nadim
March 4, 2011, 12:18 PM
Not only mushy...there are more deadwoods in the team that need to remove from the ODI squad.....you know who im talking about...

Ajfar
March 4, 2011, 03:15 PM
^ Its too late now nadim. We needed to do experiments at least a year or two leading upto the world cup. We failed to do that. Its too late to do anything about it right now.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

MatinSux
March 4, 2011, 03:18 PM
^ Its too late now nadim. We needed to do experiments at least a year or two leading upto the world cup. We failed to do that. Its too late to do anything about it right now.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Whats too late? Players like Mushy and Ashfool should never be allowed anywhere near the team. I am 100% certain even a club cricketer can perform better than these two morons.

roman
March 4, 2011, 03:29 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
coz siddons kept playing same players over and over again. He was too afraid to come out if the comfort zone

shuziburo
March 4, 2011, 03:46 PM
Give Mushy a break now, play Jahurul as Wk/Batsman, he is quite good as wicket keeper and taller.

Cannot. I would have done it in a flash, but Jahurul is not in the 15.

Tiger444
March 4, 2011, 03:48 PM
Mushy has been disappointing this WC so far. I expected better from him. The India match I don't really care about, the Ireland match he played pretty well but that shot was just disappointing and then yesterday's shot was awful. He came in at such a crucial time and what does he do? He chips it straight to the fielder without scoring at all. This guy has a lot of experience in international cricket but still makes the same mistakes.

shuziburo
March 4, 2011, 03:48 PM
coz siddons kept playing same players over and over again. He was too afraid to come out if the comfort zone

Exactly. This is what finally turned me into anti-JS.

godzilla
March 4, 2011, 03:50 PM
Calm down dude ... it was a team failure. He didn't do any worst then Tamim today.

shuziburo
March 4, 2011, 03:52 PM
If #4 is his ideal position, then he should have been played there. But, he takes too long to settle, does not rotate strike very well. Above all, this WK-batsman has an average of 23.40 and cannot keep. (He has improved his stamping, but not catching and stopping balls.)

He should be dropped!

shuziburo
March 4, 2011, 03:58 PM
I think it is important for our batsmen to aim higher. Average in the 20's is unacceptable for a batsman. 30's is okay for a slogger or an allrounder (Shakib). But, for the top- and middle-order batsmen, the aim should be at least an average of 40 in ODI. Shakib, the allrounder, has the highest average in the team at 34.67.

ssaadi123
March 4, 2011, 04:02 PM
he should have been dropped long ago...