PDA

View Full Version : Can we get our heads back out of all the insanity, please?

DJ Sahastra
December 2, 2010, 12:26 AM
Okay, it was an unexpected loss, at an unexpected time when BD team had been riding the high waves of Banglawash of NZ, and from an unexpected team that many assumed, was here to only enhance the reputation that BD team gained from the previous NZ series.

But that is all that is there to it - an unexpected loss. Much weaker ODI teams have created upsets in the past - against far superior teams - i can list as many examples as you want. That is the nature of the beast. That is why reputations and rankings and ratings don't win matches - every match has to be won and won on the strength of making it to the finishing line. That is why fans stay up late nights - because deep in their hearts, they are aware that their team has a chance of a win - a fair chance - howsover weak their team may be. I am sure many Bangla fans don't need reminders on this.

So why am i ranting? Because one loss, and everyone on the forum is screaming blood. Someone wants Ashraful's blood, someone wants Mahmudullah's, someone wants Mashrafe's, someone want's Rahim's, someone wants Jamie Siddon's, someone wants Lotus Kamal's - heck someone even wants Shakib's - is anyone left. The chorus has become big, noisy and borders on being rather senseless. Fans. Fans! It is only the first match. Can we atleast wait for the series to be over before the lengthy overanalysis and needless post-mortem. Yes, Ashraful failed for the umpeenth time and Mashrafe failed for the umpteenth time as well (can't remeber when they delivered the last time). But there is a good reason why they are in the team - they either proved their credentials via the domestic circuit or are coming back from injury related absense. They are the part of the BD team's world cup plans and it would be both unfair and unwise to dump them based on one shocking defeat. The daggers can stay put somewhere safe until the end of the series.

Ashraful has been a let-down for quite sometime. Yet, lets give it to him that he has made it back to the team based on his strong showing in the NCL. And he should be allowed a few games to see if he still has that match-winning capability before dumping him. Afterall, even his worst critics know that he is a match-winner on this day - and a couple of 'his' days can make a huge difference to the BD team's World cup fortunes, believe it or not. Mashrafe has an almost similar case. I am not saying they should be carried forever. I am just saying that one defeat in the beginning of the series should not send fan-base into the tailspin.

This series should be used to finalize the core-members for the world cup. If it involves gambling with a few potential match-winners, so be it. If the gamble pays off, i will return to read 1000 threads hailing the superhero. If not, we will all be at peace knowing those who couldn't make it, didn't deserve it.

But lets stop these gazillion screams for blood. It is a little too early. Can we get over all the insane talks of dumping all the who is who and look forward to the next match please?

Zeeshan
December 2, 2010, 12:30 AM
Eloquently put/ranted. FP! :)

Zunaid
December 2, 2010, 12:38 AM
The only head that will satisfy me is yours.

But more seriously - do pay attention to the ones who are ranting the loudest. Make a list. I'll bet a significant majority will have applauded and admonished ashraful with analogous abandon at different times. Fan fickleness is a fenomenon.

ahnaf
December 2, 2010, 12:45 AM
Well said Sahastra bhaiya..Honestly speaking.. I'm now sick of this type reaction at bc after losing any match...

Dilscoop
December 2, 2010, 12:50 AM
I think the boys will be a bit cocky at 1st, coming back from a NZ whitewash. They will be in a hangover. They might just lose the 1st game. But that will help them come down to earth and hopefully play better.

I wouldn't mind a 4-1, but I would love to have another white-wash before the world cup.

It's a good lose. It's good to have that balanced. 9-0 would've been a spoiler for the WC. It unmasked something we failed to see because of the whitewash. It's our batting failures. Now we've seen it all.

They will be back. They will come hard in 20 hrs.

But I am only upset because of Shakib's dissatisfaction. We need that guy happy.

Naimul_Hd
December 2, 2010, 12:52 AM
Doesnt Shakib's post match reaction towards his captaincy and some players attitude justify fan's rantings over some of your mentioned names ???

Dilscoop
December 2, 2010, 12:55 AM
Doesnt Shakib's post match reaction towards his captaincy and some players attitude justify fan's rantings over some of your mentioned names ???

I think that's why most of us are upset. I wasn't upset when I went to bed last night after finishing the game. I was like "Shakib will be fired up to win next 4 games." I was waiting to see his "4-1 type" comments. But once I logged into BC after lunch, I learned a different story, and I was defo pissed!

Rifat
December 2, 2010, 12:59 AM
I remember this BC member who got banned (for reasons i am not awareof since sometimes for personal reasons i take a break from BC...), I miss him: Russel2k7 i think said a profound quote:

he said something similar along these lines:

Bangladeshi Public: jitley ho ho, harley ko ko

:floor:

simple: players wern't really serious, they took this game so lightly, when you take an assignment lightly at the expense of using common sense, end result is nothing but sheer dissapointment. that's what happened yesterday, folks!

I am pretty sure if every one pulls their socks together(selectors, players, fans alike) Bangladesh should be back in business. :flag:

Good post DJ, but at the same time, fans have a right to complain, they pay hard earned money to watch a good performance, it they do not get their money's worth they have every right to complain, every right to make suggestions/formulate ideas to improve Bangladesh cricket.

ahnaf
December 2, 2010, 01:09 AM
I remember this BC member who got banned (for reasons i am not awareof since sometimes for personal reasons i take a break from BC...), I miss him: Russel2k7 i think said a profound quote:

he said something similar along these lines:

:floor:

simple: players wern't really serious, they took this game so lightly, when you take an assignment lightly at the expense of using common sense, end result is nothing but sheer dissapointment. that's what happened yesterday, folks!

I am pretty sure if every one pulls their socks together(selectors, players, fans alike) Bangladesh should be back in business. :flag:

Good post DJ, but at the same time, fans have a right to complain, they pay hard earned money to watch a good performance, it they do not get their money's worth they have every right to complain, every right to make suggestions/formulate ideas to improve Bangladesh cricket.

jitle ho.. Harle ko ko.. Hahaha.. Great comment.. Nd true also..

ahnaf
December 2, 2010, 01:13 AM
It's a good lose. It's good to have that balanced. 9-0 would've been a spoiler for the WC. It unmasked something we failed to see because of the whitewash. It's our batting failures. Now we've seen it all.

They will be back. They will come hard in 20 hrs.

But I am only upset because of Shakib's dissatisfaction. We need that guy happy.

totally agreed.. Ak series whitewash korei je obostha hycilo! Bap re bap! Jodi dui series tana whitewash korto tahole je ki hoto??

Mahir
December 2, 2010, 01:39 AM
Ak series whitewash korei je obostha hycilo! Bap re bap! Jodi dui series tana whitewash korto tahole je ki hoto??

We've had 3 straight bilateral series whitewashes before the 2007 WC, and the only thing happened after those whitewashed series is the small matter of knocking an Indian powerhouse out of competition. :)

ahnaf
December 2, 2010, 01:52 AM
We've had 3 straight bilateral series whitewashes before the 2007 WC, and the only thing happened after those whitewashed series is the small matter of knocking an Indian powerhouse out of competition. :)
bhaiya
if i'm not wrong.. Those were against minnows team nd those were expected.. Nd Against Nz thats was totally unexpected..thats the different.. Amder shob fan may b player rao mone kora shuru korechilo amra australia or india hoye gechi je zim k series shurur agei bole koye dite hobe amra tomader whitewash korbo.. They should scared of us... We have 11 tendulkar.. Ponting..jhonson etc etc.. So tomader whitewash korbo.. Je player ata bolbena tara sissy... True to holo Nz series e bolte gele 1 jon e jitiyeche but sobsomoy to amn hobe na...
Nz series r kalker match tar main difference ta ki jano bhaiya??
Khubi simple..
Nz series e shakib match jitiyeche but kal r pare ni..aitai differece... Shudu du akta side-actor change hyse.. Main actor failed team also failed..

BANFAN
December 2, 2010, 02:09 AM
bhaiya
if i'm not wrong.. Those were against minnows team nd those were expected.. Nd Against Nz thats was totally unexpected..thats the different.. Amder shob fan may b player rao mone kora shuru korechilo amra australia or india hoye gechi je zim k series shurur agei bole koye dite hobe amra tomader whitewash korbo.. They should scared of us... We have 11 tendulkar.. Ponting..jhonson etc etc.. So tomader whitewash korbo.. Je player ata bolbena tara sissy... True to holo Nz series e bolte gele 1 jon e jitiyeche but sobsomoy to amn hobe na...

Right

Purbasha T
December 2, 2010, 07:07 PM
The fact that there's politics going on in the team all the time is nothing new. But this loss somehow reignited that matter which had been overshadowed recently by the 4-0 drubbing of NZ. I do believe a win(or even just a top performance...Allah na koruk :-p but just saying) should make things return to normal.

rinathq
December 2, 2010, 08:35 PM
excellent thread.......... to the point :)
i completely agree with every single thing you said............
guys all keep in mind, right now our players need support....Just imagine some players taking a look at this thread (it will only take one!) they will completely fall apart and it would our fault......lets support every single player in our team whatever team we are playing with full heart! If u really dunt want something from heart u cant get it! Somehow we all predicted ash and Mash's failure at first match! why so? pray for the best!

Lets go TIgers :)

AsifTheManRahman
December 3, 2010, 01:52 AM
I don't agree. Either we win 5-0 or we don't. There's nothing in between. It's pretty b&w.

DJ Sahastra
December 3, 2010, 10:16 AM
On a side note, Mashrafe has been relegated to being the nobody in the team. In the two matches so far. he has seemed more like the sixth bowler (part-timer who fills up a few over) than a genuine strike bowler. His credentials are at all time low and he is also short on time for the world cup. His career, i suspect, is at a very crucial juncture - and i can only wish him all the best given he has been a good foot-soldier for the BD team.

I was not surprised to see Ashraful dropped (with everyone screaming in unison for his 'bolod'). I only wished he was given a fair run of 2-3 games before being consigned to the scrapyard. This ayaram-gayaram will keep the puzzle going longer and mostly to the detriment of the team interest. Hopefully, we'll see him a couple of more matches this series.

Razzaq seems to have hit a purple patch and Shakib is in the zone. Congratulations on a good win - and hopefully, no more 'bolod' talks :)

bujhee kom
December 3, 2010, 10:31 AM
Hahahahahha it's Ash's Belad (Dhakaiya for Blood) vui vwant!

Beamer
December 3, 2010, 01:51 PM
I don't agree. Either we win 5-0 or we don't. There's nothing in between. It's pretty b&w.

Pretty rigid stance. Sports don't work that way. On a given day, or night, the better team will always win. That's why sports is the ultimate leveler. I think most Spanish footbal fans will gladly take a 2-1 win over San Marino on any given day. I am sure they wont say its either we win 10-0 or we don't. There is always something in between and not as black and white as you think. We would've liked to see us win 5-0, but since that can't happen anymore, we have to accept the next best thing - a series victory, a 4-1 preferably.

One World
December 3, 2010, 01:54 PM
To the thread opener: No, we can't. After all this world was never pletonic.

Raynman
December 3, 2010, 02:06 PM
Pretty rigid stance. Sports don't work that way. On a given day, or night, the better team will always win. That's why sports is the ultimate leveler. I think most Spanish footbal fans will gladly take a 2-1 win over San Marino on any given day. I am sure they wont say its either we win 10-0 or we don't. There is always something in between and not as black and white as you think. We would've liked to see us win 5-0, but since that can't happen anymore, we have to accept the next best thing - a series victory, a 4-1 preferably.

not apples to apples. See if the Spanish fans will be happy losing the first game to San Marino as part of the first of a 5 game series.

Although flawed in many ways, anything short of a 5-0 (prior to the series start) was going to cost us points in the ranking system. Our goal is to climb the ladder and the bigger target was becoming #8 moreso than the 5-0 over Zimbabwe.

Besides the WC we should keep a watchful eye on ZIM and IRE gaining on us and at the same time keep WI and NZ on their toes so they know that each loss on their end will now bring us closer to them.