PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we needed this!

rinathq
December 2, 2010, 03:00 PM
I think we needed this to teach our players a lesson. After having a very bad year they beat the kiwis and suddenly became over confident. I very much want Bangladesh to win every game.... but just imagine Bangladesh going into the worldcup with 2 clean sweeps.....! They wouldnt touch the gorund and would be briming with over confidence. Not they lost, they will need to sit back and think about it and take it more seriously. The BCB needs to solve the captaincy issues as well as bring the best players in line.

An Over confident Bangladesh team is the last thing we need for worldcup! :)

wiseshah
December 2, 2010, 03:12 PM
actually if u see the performance, its all about shakib. shakib vs new zealand. the way vettory used to perform for NZ, shakib is doing the same thing. then 1 or 2 players are playing as a supporting actor role, thats it. cricket is a collective team effort, one off form player is okay but more than one imbalance the team combo.

whatever shakib says or wants to say--i am totally agree with him. my full support is for shakib

its frustrating to see one world class player with bunch of associate mentality players, except tamim

roman
December 2, 2010, 03:26 PM
We need to whip those retarded players thats what we need to do...

simon
December 2, 2010, 03:31 PM
I'm happy about this outburst.
Now this will hurt the ego of our players and make them do better.inshaallah.
And a lot of burden is on his shoulder,this had to happen.

Dilscoop
December 2, 2010, 03:36 PM
Rest Shakib for a match :D

wiseshah
December 2, 2010, 03:39 PM
Rest Shakib for a match :D

rest tamim and shakib--china will show fight with our team

pagol-chagol
December 2, 2010, 03:52 PM
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain.

Dilscoop
December 2, 2010, 03:54 PM
Off topic: Time to change that sig ^ :D

rinathq
December 2, 2010, 04:59 PM
To be honest, bangladesh didn't perform at all this year if u exclude the previous tour and one game against eng. So know it's time to take it seriously.the opening is the same story again. Imrul playing selfishly and not caring about winning.top,middle,lower order struggling...hopefully this defeat will bring "sanity" and concentrate on destroying zim

Habib
December 2, 2010, 05:24 PM
To be honest, bangladesh didn't perform at all this year if u exclude the previous tour and one game against eng. So know it's time to take it seriously.the opening is the same story again. Imrul playing selfishly and not caring about winning.top,middle,lower order struggling...hopefully this defeat will bring "sanity" and concentrate on destroying zim

And also Mashrafe must be dropped to be replaced by Rubel, if he continues bowling garbage in this series.

rinathq
December 2, 2010, 05:28 PM
If he continues........ I hope he plays better

Raynman
December 3, 2010, 10:25 AM
The 1st loss was necessary as was Shakib's outburst and calling out the selection.

1. Team chemistry was much better
2. Fielding was way above average (minus a couple of blunders by Tamim)
3. The captain called for Naeem and Rokibul and they delievered (10-0-29-0, half century, a couple of nice catches)
4. I don't blame Ash anymore for he is who he is. I went from being an Ash-kicker to an Ash sympathizer when I realized that he tries too hard to please everyone and listens to everyone. I think with the proper guidance (not Siddons) he could be better utilized but its best for him and the team to keep him on the sidelines for awhile
5. 2010 Mash is a waste of a spot. You can't get more than one or two decent overs out of him but his presence forces you to open with him. His current form is not critical for our WC success so he should be put aside till he gains full fitness and tears it up in the domestics.
6. SN and Juhurul were unfairly cast aside (granted SN got a chance for injury to Tamim) but they should be kept in the fold. If we lead the series 3-1, it might not be a bad idea to give them a shot.
7. Still not convinced with Junaid. He needs at least another decent innings (35+) in this series or he should be looking way to make room to someone else for the WC.
8. We chased down 200 in 40 overs. Thats the aggressive mindset/approach we should have. In the first match the intent seemed to be to win the game towards the end. i know where that cautious/defensive mentality comes from but we're stuck with him till WC so I won't go there anymore. I really hope BCB doesn't renew him. Maybe only as a batting consultant for Test cricket defensive style batting and absolutely nothing else
9. Maybe playing another spinner is not a bad idea considering that the pacers don't have much and don't get much from our pitches

FagunerAgun
December 3, 2010, 07:44 PM
I'm happy about this outburst.
Now this will hurt the ego of our players and make them do better.inshaallah.
And a lot of burden is on his shoulder,this had to happen.
agree and you are darn right, it happened in the 2nd ODI. Hope it will continue further and further.:D

Ajfar
December 3, 2010, 08:56 PM
Raynman bhai I think we already have enough spinners. When Rubel comes in for Mash we will be able to get more overs out of him. So Shuvo Shakib and Razzak can do whatever they are doing Riyad/Naeem can fill in whenever needed.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)