PDA

View Full Version : Rakibul the Beast

amar11432
December 3, 2010, 04:22 AM
Didn't believe he can be aggressive before, really shined today.

http://www.indiancricketfans.com/images/smilies/laughing/a013.gifhttp://www.indiancricketfans.com/images/smilies/laughing/a013.gifhttp://www.indiancricketfans.com/images/smilies/laughing/a013.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/1.gif

Nadim
December 3, 2010, 04:34 AM
I'm convinced yet!

Let him do it Consistently and against Top 8 sides and not ZIMBABWE .

btw have to give him credit for his innings today. WellDone.:clap:

shakibrulz
December 3, 2010, 04:37 AM
Rokibul is miles ahead of Ash, though I'm not still convinced. He has all the shots and solid technique, just need to execute it well instead of being a sissy. Well done Rock.

simon
December 3, 2010, 04:41 AM
good thing abt Rok is that he relies on his techniques and his abilities,doesn't fancy his chances,not as adventurous as Ash,

Dilscoop
December 3, 2010, 04:42 AM
where we go. Bring out the butt kissing threads.

I can't wait for the next butt kicking threads. Lets see how long he can last without one.

[So far JF has the shortest streak (?)]

ahnaf
December 3, 2010, 04:43 AM
Well done rock.. Hope u'll keep playing big innings with same SR as today against G8 teams..

Tiger-ess
December 3, 2010, 04:43 AM
I dont think can never be convinced with a player like roqibul.

It's really annoying he'll score a convincing half century one match and assure his place in the team for the next 10 matches but fails to continue performing:mad:

However I am surprised to see his SR, if he can maintain this then Im happy.

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 05:40 AM
LOL at this thread!

dark mage
December 3, 2010, 07:48 AM
I'm convinced yet!

Let him do it Consistently and against Top 8 sides and not ZIMBABWE .

btw have to give him credit for his innings today. WellDone.:clap:

He has done it against the top 8 teams too. You guys seem to be forgetting that just before the New Zealand series he scored an aggressive 75 against England in English conditions. Unfortunately after that, he got injured. I believe in the New Zealand series he was simply out of form. No matter who the opposition is, Rok almost always provides stability to out fragile batting order. The difference between these two matches versus Zimbawe should clearly show that stability is much more important than flashiness.

Rakib has proven that he can shift gears(the first-class 100 against England before he "retired", his rapid innings in the NCL ODIs are good examples too) but his role in the team doesnt allow him to free his arms. I have always preferred Raqib instead of "jodi-laigga-jai" Ashraful. Maybe its because I have always thought average being more important than strike-rate for a middle-order batsman.

@people who say Rakib only scores one 50 in 10 matches, I think you are mistaking him for Ashraful. If what you said were true, Rok's average would be as low as Ashraful. Even if Rok doesnt score a 50 he holds the innings together for us and almost always score 35+ runs which is still better than Ashraful's adventurous -10 runs.

What impresses me the most about players like Juhurul and Rakib are, they are always trying to improve themselves arnd are trying to prove a point. For example, I think Rakib hit those flurry of boundaries after reaching his 40s, just to prove that he can play his shots if he wants to. In other words, he takes nothing for granted and has a "patla chamra" while Ash has a "Gondarer Chamra", (i.e Ash thinks he will always have a place in the national team and has already proved his ability in the past which makes any further showing off reduntant, you know, like "I have already shown it all")

@Guys who want Rakib only in Tests and not in ODIs, well think again, Rakib is much better in ODIs than he is in Tests. Ashraful on the other hand, sucks in every form of the game (he sucked in Asian Games T20)

Tokai
December 3, 2010, 01:55 PM
Rokibul is just another shahriar nafees. Utter crap against quality opponent.

In fact, SN is a better minnow basher than he is.

22Yards
December 3, 2010, 02:27 PM
Seriously ? one 50 that too against a minnow where we had already won the match when he walked in and hes the beast ? yeah right.

But i must credit him for ONE single thing and that is he looked for RUNS all the time. He came down the wicket, and nudged for singles and when the opportunity prevailed went for the big one. As someone says, he relies heavily on technique and thats his only thing that can save him. Thats how he should always play. But the question is, can he do this consistently ?

_Rafi_
December 3, 2010, 02:33 PM
Rokibul k Shakib keno eto baje vasai gali dei? Bechara!

Habib
December 3, 2010, 02:52 PM
Rokibul k Shakib keno eto baje vasai gali dei? Bechara!

R Rakibul gali khaiya daat kelaye haashe :P

roman
December 3, 2010, 03:46 PM
Vai ek ta khela matro valo korse, let him continue this form for a while. Then we can say if he's a beast or he sucks...

Equinox
December 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
This was a pleasant surprise. :)

All his boundaries were clean strikes and he seemed at ease while playing them. Let's hope he carries on.

nycpro96
December 3, 2010, 03:56 PM
That was a pretty sublime innings by Raqibul.

Tiger444
December 3, 2010, 06:39 PM
I gotta say Roqibul played a very good innings today. He started off pretty slowly but eventually accelerated which was a very good sign. Haven't seen Roqibul play those kind of shots in a long long time. He kept a level head until he unnecessarily got out. However this is just 1 good game for Roqibul and on top of that it is against Zimbabwe. I want him to play consistently in this series. He should aim for 1 or 2 more 50's. Then I can confidently say he will be our #4 for the WC. Great to see him backing up Shakib's words and performing. Wish him luck for the rest of the games.

simon
December 3, 2010, 06:48 PM
Rokibul is just another shahriar nafees. Utter crap against quality opponent.

In fact, SN is a better minnow basher than he is.

not true pal.
He played some good innings against Ind,SA,Eng,Sri.
He hasn't been too regular in the team,sometimes due to injury,sometimes due to poor form & also with all that DRAMA.
But as far as I've seen he is like Imrul Kayes,won't be too dominating,won't get that many hundreds but will often score 30-60.

FagunerAgun
December 3, 2010, 07:47 PM
Consistency is the name of the game.

Dhruvo
December 3, 2010, 09:17 PM
He can be aggressive, in fact I don't think playing overly defensive is his style. I think he plays defensively only when he is struggling, you could tell that. When he was in form, back when he made his debut, he scored at a decent rate. Rakibul when at his best, is perhaps one of the best if not the best accumulator(s) in the team. I hope he can keep this up.

AsifTheManRahman
December 3, 2010, 09:48 PM
where we go. Bring out the butt kissing threads.

I can't wait for the next butt kicking threads. Lets see how long he can last without one.

[So far JF has the shortest streak (?)]
I agree, there shouldn't be any butt kissing threads. Only butt kicking ones until they bring us the World Cup, which may never happen.

Rabz
December 4, 2010, 01:24 AM
So, he is back to ROCK again ?

BANFAN
December 4, 2010, 04:34 AM
He has played aggressively in the past. But the problem occurs when he starts going into the shells. Don't know if he is finally out this time or temporarily.

Rajput
December 4, 2010, 05:38 AM
Beast?? couple of days ago everyone was calling for his head and now he suddenly turns into a beast.wow

MarufH
December 4, 2010, 09:11 AM
Beast?? couple of days ago everyone was calling for his head and now he suddenly turns into a beast.wow

See what performance does to the fans? Too bad Ash never learned this.

fishyguy
December 4, 2010, 04:15 PM
Problem with having both Rokibul and Zunaid is that they are both similar. Slow batsman, really have no urgency and are inconsistent. I was not a big fan of sharier nafees but he played better than these 2 against NZ so no doubt he shouldve been selected ahead of both of them. I'm not convinced of Nafees either but he wouldve had a good chance against the Zim attack. he is also more aggressive and wont eat up too many deliveries like these guys. Tamim is aggressive and keyes is slow, kinda works out. After that a combo of Nafees and Zunaid/Rok would be better.

fishyguy
December 4, 2010, 04:21 PM
Not convinced yet at all of Rokibul or Zunaid. I would certainly give Zahurl and Nafees a chance against them atleast for the final ODI if BD have a series lead going in.

godzilla
December 4, 2010, 11:03 PM
Lol at this thread ... BC fans are such hypocrites. If he fails in the next match then am sure there will be one more thread on bring Jharul in and Rock out ... blabla ...

Idealist
December 5, 2010, 12:22 AM
Where can I find the highlights to the first and second ODI matches..

thanks in advance

bujhee kom
December 5, 2010, 12:28 AM
This guy is the mountain of confidence and what an innings he always plays!! Full respect!

Nadim
December 5, 2010, 06:27 AM
Thread opener,
http://i51.tinypic.com/28kq5w3.png

now tell me how he is a beast??

He played against 11 INT Team(including UAE)...out of those 11 int team he only have 70+ SR against 4 teams...even his fav opposition Zim is not in that list.

He have SR of <60 against 6 teams.....Even Javed Omar/Rajin Saleh would laugh @ this :floor:

So, stop praising him for one decent innings specially when it is against his FAV opposition and a minor :) Let's wait till he do something EXTRAORDINARY:waiting:

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 06:33 AM
^hmm he is very decent vs india!..if he can play a match winning innings vs ind at the wc i will call him the beast for the rest of my life!!..

Nadim
December 5, 2010, 06:34 AM
^hmm he is very decent vs india!..if he can play a match winning innings vs ind at the wc i will call him the beast for the rest of my life!!..

DREAM on /:)

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 06:37 AM
DREAM on /:)

that line goes with only one player..the one and only Sir Ashrafool..

with others i can still dream..

BANFAN
December 5, 2010, 06:37 AM
Ya, a little disproportionate heading ....

Rokibul is a character, who can never turn into a beast. Like VVS, Mahela etc will never be termed as beasts even if they score 300 ... Lara isn's a beast scoring 400. They play strokes like and artist rathar than a beast.

simon
December 5, 2010, 07:43 AM
this thread was perhaps opened emotionaly,specially as he came replacing Ash ,this 50 became more spicy.
Ya,Rok isn't a beast but he is a more than a decent player.:)

amar11432
December 5, 2010, 07:48 AM
I just love some of the responses i get from the threads I open (meant to be over the top on purpose). lulz. http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/smilies/floor.gif On a serious note I do believe Rakibul can be one of our top batsman judging from the way he confidently batted. He seems very clam and collected which is missing from most of BD's batsman. But he defitnely needs more nurturing.

simon
December 5, 2010, 08:04 AM
^^he just needs to find gaps more often & keep rotating the strike like Sakib.
But I liked his approach once he reached 40s and proved every1 that he is capable of some mervelous shots too.:)Thus improved his SR.

B_IKHAN_71
December 5, 2010, 08:39 AM
Thread opener,
http://i51.tinypic.com/28kq5w3.png

now tell me how he is a beast??

He played against 11 INT Team(including UAE)...out of those 11 int team he only have 70+ SR against 4 teams...even his fav opposition Zim is not in that list.

He have SR of <60 against 6 teams.....Even Javed Omar/Rajin Saleh would laugh @ this :floor:

So, stop praising him for one decent innings specially when it is against his FAV opposition and a minor :) Let's wait till he do something EXTRAORDINARY:waiting:

ok lets look at this on logical grounds , how can u base ur opinion ( the graph ) on a player who has only played one game aganist certain opposition and if he hasnt started well against them you brandish his name with " a minnow basher " !! and his played more times against zimbabwe therfore has scored more runs against them, so shouldnt you see how he does against others in the same margin of games just to make a fair reading on his performance ?? like they say rome was not built in a day , so hold on to your judgement until at least he has played 15 or so matches against each opposition then you can start bashing your own players ! and one more thing if rajin saleh and javed omar could laugh at his strike rate ask yourself where are they now ? can they match roqibul in terms of technique and shot selection ? the answer to that is erm naaa i dont think so !!

Me personally the only way roqibul can go from here on end is upwards and onwards , he seems to me the type of player that needs an arm around him , to feel loved and that sets his confidence high , at times when you see him play you can tell his confidence isnt too great and that transpires onto his performance ,if he can improve his mental strenght theres not much wrong he can do , i feel his mentality or lack of it is what can get him out at times once he learns to overcome that he will be a great player for bangladesh .

M.H.Rubel
December 5, 2010, 08:51 AM
He is not a naturally tallented guy.but his plus point is he is a good fighting cricketer with good head in his shoulder.He is trying very hard to adjust himself to cement his positio.Though not a gifted player still his fighting attitude shows me that he is not here to fade away.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

lamisa
December 5, 2010, 10:11 AM
congrats on that innings rokibul!(and it does NOT mean that i am a hypocrite!!

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 01:55 PM
He is not a naturally tallented guy.but his plus point is he is a good fighting cricketer with good head in his shoulder.He is trying very hard to adjust himself to cement his positio.Though not a gifted player still his fighting attitude shows me that he is not here to fade away.

i'll not completely agree on roqibul but i'll agree with the rest of what u said..after seeing ash for all this years i'll take a "good head on the shoulders" over talent any-days

M.H.Rubel
December 5, 2010, 10:52 PM
i'll not completely agree on roqibul but i'll agree with the rest of what u said..after seeing ash for all this years i'll take a "good head on the shoulders" over talent any-days

Main problem with Rock he is not a good timer of the ball.If anyhow he can manage to learn clean hitting then he will prevail i have no doubt.

22Yards
December 5, 2010, 11:07 PM
raqibul the BEAST 12/25 OUT lbw due to a premedetated sweep .. with a STR of 48%.

amar11432
December 6, 2010, 01:43 AM
raqibul the BEAST 12/25 OUT lbw due to a premedetated sweep .. with a STR of 48%.

Why dont you try to be a cricket player and see how hard it is to score big EVERYTIME you bat. :waiting:

22Yards
December 6, 2010, 02:01 AM
Why dont you try to be a cricket player and see how hard it is to score big EVERYTIME you bat. :waiting:
Dude My profession is not playing cricket. But I can guarantee you that I wouldnt fail in my profession as much as guys like ash and raqibul failed playing cricket. And they are actually one of those lucky ones who were able to turn their passions into their profession. Should have utilized this opportunity and have done better.
And when was the last time raqibul made a big score except the last match which was a dead rubber ? I would have appreciated him far more he could bat today under pressure the way shakib and mushfiq did but he didnt surprise me at all when he failed yet again.

Sohel
December 6, 2010, 03:06 AM
He still sucks! Doing better than Motin doesn't change that. He still can't rotate the strike, often blocking half-volleys and full-tosses and then trying to release the pressure of his own making by trying to play strokes. Succeeded against a shoddy Zimbabwe attack once, again the fact that others fail doesn't make their bowling any less ordinary on a batting track, but is unlikely to sustain that success against any side for long BECAUSE of the way he plays.

It's not choice between cavalier slogging and bogus blocking, but 1s and 2s and the runs that kind of rotation accumulate. Le Drama Queen De Jamalpour simply can't do that.

simon
December 6, 2010, 03:54 AM
Rakibul the beauty.:-D

dark mage
December 8, 2010, 04:17 AM
And when was the last time raqibul made a big score except the last match which was a dead rubber ?

He did score a 75 against England in their own backyard right after he returned from his "retirement", but ubfortunately was unable to play in any more matches on thattour due to injury. He failed to perform in 4 matches against New Zealand, and then scored another half-century against Zimbawe. This just means, he is still the mst consistent number 4 we have ever had. Also, please remember he doesnt always need to score big, the fact that he holds up one end is quite a vlauable thing. Without him, the batting order is just a pack of cards that cant even last for 50 overs.

Shaan
December 8, 2010, 04:41 AM
I guess the order where Rakibul comes up his duty is more like needs to stabilize the collapse and damaged of early wickets fall. So, he just start to play more defensive mindset of innings to avoid another wicket fall, as Sohel NR bai said he doesn't rotate strike much which creates pressure later on him as well to team shoulder as a result then he starts gear up by forcing himself rushing shots which sometime works sometime fails. But then others after him get pressurized by so wasting of many overs..

So, yes he should be more concern on his initial stage of innings focusing on singles and doubles than full stopping the balls...

Zunaid
December 8, 2010, 04:51 AM
It might be very useful to deconstruct each of his last 10/15 minutes - not purely from statistical POV with respect to strike rate and averages etc but also qualitatively. What was the state of the innings when he walked in to bat. What was our target, if any. How was the pitch etc. If I have time, I might do the same for the set batsmen fighting for a limited number of openings:

ZS, RH, JI, SN, MR, MA

simon
December 8, 2010, 06:07 AM
He did score a 75 against England in their own backyard right after he returned from his "retirement", but ubfortunately was unable to play in any more matches on thattour due to injury. He failed to perform in 4 matches against New Zealand, and then scored another half-century against Zimbawe. This just means, he is still the mst consistent number 4 we have ever had. Also, please remember he doesnt always need to score big, the fact that he holds up one end is quite a vlauable thing. Without him, the batting order is just a pack of cards that cant even last for 50 overs.

that's so right,we need players like Rok & Imrul,even with them we struggle to last for 50 ov.
Only that Rok & Imrul need to get more singles like Sakib does,Imrul on the other hand looked like(last match) he was waiting for boundary balls.

BANFAN
December 8, 2010, 06:54 AM
Me personally the only way roqibul can go from here on end is upwards and onwards , he seems to me the type of player that needs an arm around him , to feel loved and that sets his confidence high , at times when you see him play you can tell his confidence isnt too great and that transpires onto his performance ,if he can improve his mental strenght theres not much wrong he can do , i feel his mentality or lack of it is what can get him out at times once he learns to overcome that he will be a great player for bangladesh .

This has been the p[roblem of most of our players and we have displayed very poor capacity to handle the mental aspects of our players. Other wise there was no shortage of tallent in Ash, Aftab, Alok etc etc. But it is their mental aspect that we failed to manage to benefit from their skills & tallent.

That makes me feel even less confident of Rokibul. Unless he himself can identify and can manage his own mental aspect, that you are talking about.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
December 8, 2010, 08:48 PM
raqibul is not a bad player. But he has to be more consistent against other good teams too. Strike rate 70 , average 35 would be great for no4 batsman. He has to get there.

Catskills
December 8, 2010, 10:03 PM
Rakibul the Beast?? No way.....
But I think he is a fine player and he is very determined.

Ajfar
December 8, 2010, 10:11 PM
^ Determined. Ya I agree with that. Fine player? Not yet. Long way to go.

Tiger444
December 8, 2010, 10:15 PM
^Agreed. He's a determined player no question but he' still got some ways to go. He might be 1 of our better batsman but he's still a very raw batsman. It's the same with all the other batsmen except Tamim and Shakib. I have belief he will get better though.

bujhee kom
December 8, 2010, 10:17 PM
Now we need to know Raqibul the Man, the human side, the sweet sensitive gentle side of this batsman. IS there a thread for that?

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 11:00 PM
He has the technique and the shots, wonder why he sucks so bad when it comes to g8 teams. His 80+ knock was pretty impressive, but unless he does it on a consistent basis, that means jack.

Ajfar
December 8, 2010, 11:05 PM
^ well he wasn't too bad when he came into the team. Than he got injured and was out for few months and came back and since than he's been struggling with his form and than he quit and the rest is all history. I think he was very low in confidence which he got by some runs in the NCL, so lets see what happens in the remaining 2 match and than DPL. He will be part of the world cup squad so I guess we'll get to find out if he is capable of bigger things.

Tiger444
December 8, 2010, 11:49 PM
^ya he started his career in international cricket off with a bang. Came in to the south africa game when the team was 18-4 and just his 2nd game and built that monster partnership with iceman. I was impressed with the way he nogatiated the pacers in that game considering how all the players were really struggling with them. Then he went on to score an 89 against india which was a very good innings and then had a great asia cup. He was looking to be a great player for us until he got injured. I don't think it was exactly the injury that made him struggle, teams figured him out and he just struggled to really adjust. I don't think he'll be a good strike rotater anytime soon so what he should do is play like that innings he just played since it works for him. He showed not too long ago he can score big when he scored a 76 against england in their conditions so he can play at this level but he still needs to develop his game more. Also now the WC is coming up and that's the perfect time for players to really lock up their positions to do well so roqib should really focus on doing well there and it will also help the team as well. No bigger stage then the WC to really make your mark in international cricket.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

M.H.Rubel
December 9, 2010, 12:18 AM
^Agreed. He's a determined player no question but he' still got some ways to go. He might be 1 of our better batsman but he's still a very raw batsman. It's the same with all the other batsmen except Tamim and Shakib. I have belief he will get better though.

Yes Rock is mentally very strong and determined player.Actuall(IMO) he got everything to be a good batsman but his reflex is a bit slow,hand eye coordination is limited thats make him too much edgy and strike rate becomes low.If he can over come this problem its possible for him to become beast.
Tiger i know Rock is one of your favourite player.What do you recon about his future?is it possible for him to overcome this problems?
IMO as time passes with practice hand eye coordination improves.as he have determination So his future is good in ODI.But to perform in tests he ll have to work hard.

Tiger444
December 9, 2010, 09:55 AM
Yes Rock is mentally very strong and determined player.Actuall(IMO) he got everything to be a good batsman but his reflex is a bit slow,hand eye coordination is limited thats make him too much edgy and strike rate becomes low.If he can over come this problem its possible for him to become beast.
Tiger i know Rock is one of your favourite player.What do you recon about his future?is it possible for him to overcome this problems?
IMO as time passes with practice hand eye coordination improves.as he have determination So his future is good in ODI.But to perform in tests he ll have to work hard.

M.H. Rubel bhai, to be honest it's all up to Roqibul if he wants to be a good player in international cricket. I think it's with every player in any sport if you have enough talent to be a good player. That's why Rajin and JO just couldn't be effective players since they just didn't have the talent to play in international cricket despite being hard workers. With Roqibul I feel he might not have talent like Shakib or Tamim but he does have some talent. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to play the shots he did. Also I know it's our domestic FC but still he's the only player to this day to hit a triple century. Surely he has to have some kind of talent to hit such a big score. Also the 50's he scored showed that he has talent. He just has limitations that are hurting his progress though.

Like you said his hand eye coordination is not very which is why he really struggles to pick the gaps for singles. It's not really because of his technique that he isn't scoring fluently. Otherwise Shakib and Tamim would struggle as well. What makes those 2 so good is they have such great hand eye coordination and have confidence in their play. That's why Ash just couldn't become a good player. He has good hand eye coordination but just lacked determination and confidence. Tamim and Shakib have all those qualities to be great batsmen. That's why they have been so effective so far in their careers. Unfortunately Roqibul is just not as good of a timer of the ball. So he has to work extra hard so that it doesn't become such a big weakness. Even though Siddons might not be the greatest head coach he's still a very good batting coach and has a lot of belief in Roqibul. Of course Siddons knows a hell of a more on batting then we do so we should put trust in the guy when identifying talent.

I agree in tests he still has a very long ways to go if he wants to be an effective test batsman. He's just not ready for test cricket yet. Actually you need better hand eye coordination in tests because the bowlers attack the stumps so much more. That's why you see Roqibul struggling in tests. That's why in the tests against India he continuously got beaten because he didn't get his bat down in time to block or play shots. If he wants to be a good batsman in tests his timing needs to get a lot better. He has very good temperament for a batsman so he has that quality which is good but that's not good enough for test cricket. Otherwise Rajin and JO would be top class test batsmen. I believe we need to be patient with Roqibul as he still has some ways to go before he becomes a good international class batsman. He still has too much of glaring limitation to become a good player. I'm confident though with his hard work and determination he could be a very good player for us.

lamisa
December 9, 2010, 10:54 AM
tiger mamur postta was good kinu etto lomba post BCte ki keu er age post koreche kokhono?

M.H.Rubel
December 9, 2010, 02:14 PM
M.H. Rubel bhai, to be honest it's all up to Roqibul if he wants to be a good player in international cricket. I think it's with every player in any sport if you have enough talent to be a good player. That's why Rajin and JO just couldn't be effective players since they just didn't have the talent to play in international cricket despite being hard workers. With Roqibul I feel he might not have talent like Shakib or Tamim but he does have some talent. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to play the shots he did. Also I know it's our domestic FC but still he's the only player to this day to hit a triple century. Surely he has to have some kind of talent to hit such a big score. Also the 50's he scored showed that he has talent. He just has limitations that are hurting his progress though.

Like you said his hand eye coordination is not very which is why he really struggles to pick the gaps for singles. It's not really because of his technique that he isn't scoring fluently. Otherwise Shakib and Tamim would struggle as well. What makes those 2 so good is they have such great hand eye coordination and have confidence in their play. That's why Ash just couldn't become a good player. He has good hand eye coordination but just lacked determination and confidence. Tamim and Shakib have all those qualities to be great batsmen. That's why they have been so effective so far in their careers. Unfortunately Roqibul is just not as good of a timer of the ball. So he has to work extra hard so that it doesn't become such a big weakness. Even though Siddons might not be the greatest head coach he's still a very good batting coach and has a lot of belief in Roqibul. Of course Siddons knows a hell of a more on batting then we do so we should put trust in the guy when identifying talent.

I agree in tests he still has a very long ways to go if he wants to be an effective test batsman. He's just not ready for test cricket yet. Actually you need better hand eye coordination in tests because the bowlers attack the stumps so much more. That's why you see Roqibul struggling in tests. That's why in the tests against India he continuously got beaten because he didn't get his bat down in time to block or play shots. If he wants to be a good batsman in tests his timing needs to get a lot better. He has very good temperament for a batsman so he has that quality which is good but that's not good enough for test cricket. Otherwise Rajin and JO would be top class test batsmen. I believe we need to be patient with Roqibul as he still has some ways to go before he becomes a good international class batsman. He still has too much of glaring limitation to become a good player. I'm confident though with his hard work and determination he could be a very good player for us.

Thank you tiger for your post it was a nice post.

bujhee kom
December 9, 2010, 03:14 PM
^^Yeah Top post by Tiger444 Ahnaf bro! Very well explained!

lamisa
December 10, 2010, 04:50 AM
he seems to be a "bookish" kind of player to me if u now what i mean...

Nadim
December 12, 2010, 03:49 AM
ROK is the best batsman bd ever produced:notworthy:

soo he will ger knighted by hasina..:bravo:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

shakibrulz
December 12, 2010, 04:20 AM
Still better than ash, I'll take it anyday over Ashrafool's 4(6) and run outs

Habib
December 12, 2010, 04:31 AM
Ha ha. He's back in his usual style. Well, atleast he didn't run any batsman out unlike Ash.

Rabz
December 12, 2010, 04:41 AM
Here we go again....
back to boool....

amar11432
December 12, 2010, 04:47 AM
How are we suppose to find the #4 batsman.

fishyguy
December 12, 2010, 04:59 AM
Yeah he really showed what a beast he is by getting a big duck. He is just not good enough.

SMHasan
December 12, 2010, 05:31 AM
[বাংলা]যাহা বায়ান্ন তাহা-ই তেপ্পান্ন [/বাংলা]:)

firstlane
December 12, 2010, 05:36 AM
Now reading the title of this thread makes me laugh. I am his fan too but "Beast"? thats too much. he can be called a tortoise at best. he only comes out of his shell when his existence is in question.

max410
December 12, 2010, 06:10 AM
He will do well as long he has been given chances more than ur AS and FOOL nobody got more chances in the team than AS and fool WHO hardly has talent , i doubt his talent 3-4 matches good innings out of 167 matches is considered FLUKE , its just pure simple common sense.
i a, pretty sure BD is a better team than AS n FOOL

BANFAN
December 13, 2010, 04:28 AM

I wish he could be a truly bookish kind of player.

godzilla
December 13, 2010, 05:00 AM

If you want to call him a bookish player then what do you call DRAVID? Being a bookish player dosent mean that you have to sit there and eat up 60+ balls to get 20 runs on the board.

simon
December 13, 2010, 06:51 AM
not convinced with Rok.:(
still wld lk to see him ahead of Ash or Jahu(he needs oppurtunities thgh)

Rajput
December 13, 2010, 02:38 PM
Lol at this thread.Sorry my Bangla brothers but let me laugh out loud.

amar11432
February 25, 2011, 09:24 PM
Say what you guys want but I am glad that we have players, the likes of Rakibul the Rock, Mushy....with low S.R. Inning like Ireland can occur and does happen very often. We need these sort of players to provide a strong foundation. Overall we now have a very balanced team.

Ace of BD
February 25, 2011, 09:38 PM
whatever it is...today he really dug it out....wasnt looking to throw his wicket away....he VALUED IT.....and wanted to stay there and make a fight out of it....I am one of his harshest critics...but if he continues like this, and shows a bit more felxibility when required, i might turn out to be his backer...but still lots of work to do

simon
February 25, 2011, 09:51 PM
good to see Rok in form,well he is a consistent performer usually.
keep it up Rocky.:)

simon
February 25, 2011, 09:55 PM
another think I like abt him is he always plays accrdng to the situation.

shuziburo
February 25, 2011, 10:14 PM
Rock's inning was crucial today. I am willing to put up with slow scoring, as long as the batsman can accelerate when needed and takes singles.

Tiger444
February 26, 2011, 07:59 AM
Even though Rock and Mushy should have continued their starts, their partnership was very crucial and got us to a competitive total. If they had gone cheaply then we would have probably lost. I thought they played a good innings and I was impressed with the way they were rotating the strike. True it wasn't the best but it seems both of them have improved in that department. Our team is still a collapse happy team we always need players like Rock and Mushy to prevent collapses.

samjad
February 26, 2011, 08:39 AM
Even though Rock and Mushy should have continued their starts, their partnership was very crucial and got us to a competitive total. If they had gone cheaply then we would have probably lost. I thought they played a good innings and I was impressed with the way they were rotating the strike. True it wasn't the best but it seems both of them have improved in that department. Our team is still a collapse happy team we always need players like Rock and Mushy to prevent collapses.

We some supporters keep forgetting that. We forget that plyer like Rock, Mushy brings stability in our team. We bash them for their slow strike rate, and want them to hit out all the time. Hope last game will shut some of those supporters up.

tiger_army
February 26, 2011, 08:39 AM
Surely Roks innings saved us from another embarrassment but im pretty sure people will forget his contribution and ask for his head very soon.

People always care about hard hitting batting and healthy strike rates. But as a developing cricket nation we need at least one batsman like Rok in our starting XI who can hold the innings.

Shaan
February 26, 2011, 12:57 PM
Rock and Mushy played the anchor role yesterday, well done !! At least we now know that there are some guys in the middle who can stop our sudden collapse!!

simon
February 26, 2011, 01:12 PM
Surely Roks innings saved us from another embarrassment but im pretty sure people will forget his contribution and ask for his head very soon.

People always care about hard hitting batting and healthy strike rates. But as a developing cricket nation we need at least one batsman like Rok in our starting XI who can hold the innings.

excellent post.:-|

Rifat
February 26, 2011, 07:16 PM
People Criticize Roqibul Hasan a lot. I remember in quite a few innings where he played more than a RUN A BALL or close against quality opposition in international cricket such as:

Bangladesh vs. England 1st ODI last summer.(comeback from "Retirement"/emotional breakdown :lol:)
in his rookie season he has had about 3 or more innings where he had an excellent strike rate!

I am pretty sure, he can up the ante if he really wants too.../is confident enough, we know he is a good striker of the ball, can also rotate strike. brings stability to our fragile batting line up!

He is sure to be in my lineup for bowling pitches when we need to ensure that there is no batting collapse!

AhmedN
February 26, 2011, 07:21 PM
IMHO..Rock should have been MOM against Ireland.

HereWeGo
February 26, 2011, 09:01 PM
Ok, he decided to stuck it out against Ireland, NOT THAT HE KNOWS ANY OTHER WAY TO BAT. He shall forever have a slow strike rate. He didnt even try to hit out against India on the power plays.... was still relying on singles...Mushy had to take the risk and thus perished.

Guys we no longer play for loosing respectively, its time that we start to play for wins and for that Raqib is not the answer. Yes with players like Ash, Alok, Shabbir , Shuvogoto , Milon, Ziaur Rahman etc.. We have the possibility of a much worse defeat but we can still dream of a win when we chase 370. There is no way that is a possibility with Raqib in the crease...

37 against Ireland in 60 odd balls and U are telling me that Bangladesh doesnt have players that could have done the same thing!!!! Thats just incredible...

But he is definately a great fielder and apple of JSiddons Eye.... otherwise he sucks...
not a national team material...

paagla
February 26, 2011, 09:11 PM
Ok, he decided to stuck it out against Ireland, NOT THAT HE KNOWS ANY OTHER WAY TO BAT. He shall forever have a slow strike rate. He didnt even try to hit out against India on the power plays.... was still relying on singles...Mushy had to take the risk and thus perished.

Guys we no longer play for loosing respectively, its time that we start to play for wins and for that Raqib is not the answer. Yes with players like Ash, Alok, Shabbir , Shuvogoto , Milon, Ziaur Rahman etc.. We have the possibility of a much worse defeat but we can still dream of a win when we chase 370. There is no way that is a possibility with Raqib in the crease...

37 against Ireland in 60 odd balls and U are telling me that Bangladesh doesnt have players that could have done the same thing!!!! Thats just incredible...

But he is definately a great fielder and apple of JSiddons Eye.... otherwise he sucks...
not a national team material...

Truth to be told, no we don't have better players in Bangladesh better than him. If you look at his stats, he is the only bengali guy with triple century in his name in first class, and averages over 35 in list A and first class before was called into the team. Matter of fact he averaged near 40 in first class before he was drafted in national team. His recent Test average has brought down the first class average.

HereWeGo
February 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
Truth to be told, no we don't have better players in Bangladesh better than him. If you look at his stats, he is the only bengali guy with triple century in his name in first class, and averages over 35 in list A and first class before was called into the team. Matter of fact he averaged near 40 in first class before he was drafted in national team. His recent Test average has brought down the first class average.

Take out that 1 300 score and than look at his average!!! he is not Mr Consistant . Also I am fine with him playing Tests but not ODI or T20....

Yes there are players better than him......if u took your good time to watch the domestic competetion u would have realised....

The day Rock plays an innings like the one Alok did against India, I promise I shall never ever complain against Rock. But truth be told, he sucks...

tiger_army
February 26, 2011, 11:34 PM
Take out that 1 300 score and than look at his average!!! he is not Mr Consistant . Also I am fine with him playing Tests but not ODI or T20....

Yes there are players better than him......if u took your good time to watch the domestic competetion u would have realised....

The day Rock plays an innings like the one Alok did against India, I promise I shall never ever complain against Rock. But truth be told, he sucks...

Please tell me the names of those BETTER players....
If you think about Alok then you are making a mistake. I think Alok and Ash are no different player. They both really good in Domestic level, play an eid innings once in a while(ex- Aloks hundread against India), cant rotate strike, talk too much rubbish, no mental strength. So if Ash sucks then Alok SUCKS too.

Talking about those domestic players we have seen many but how many of them have bloomed at international stage.

real123
February 26, 2011, 11:41 PM
And where he showed his aggressiveness ?
He sucks as an ODI batsman. With him and Junayed, BD can never 300 plus or chase 300 plus runs.

Didn't believe he can be aggressive before, really shined tod

http://www.indiancricketfans.com/images/smilies/laughing/a013.gifhttp://www.indiancricketfans.com/images/smilies/laughing/a013.gifhttp://www.indiancricketfans.com/images/smilies/laughing/a013.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/1.gif

shuziburo
February 27, 2011, 09:18 AM

Rock is no Bradman, but he averages 30 with a strike rate of 62. Alok Kapali averages 20 with a strike rate of 69. Wow! Much higher SR!

Seriously, Kapali scored one explosive 100 and five 50 in 65 matches. Rock scored eight 50 in 51 matches. Alok is fine if you are trying to score 220, but these days we are a better team. We cannot afford players like Alok or Aftab, who can play explosive shots, but cannot stay in the crease to score enough runs. Don't let that one inning cloud your judgment. We cannot afford one match-winning inning every 65 matches:

Alok Kapali:
Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
Tests 17 34 1 584 85 17.69 1201 48.62 0 2 80 3 5 0
ODIs 65 62 3 1170 115 19.83 1701 68.78 1 5 96 10 25 0
T20Is 5 5 2 55 19 18.33 73 75.34 0 0 3 1 2 0
First-class 84 148 4 3903 173 27.10 8 15 54 0

Raqibul Hasan:
Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
Tests 7 14 0 268 65 19.14 634 42.27 0 1 34 1 7 0
ODIs 51 50 7 1297 89 30.16 2089 62.08 0 8 101 8 18 0
T20Is 5 5 0 51 18 10.20 62 82.25 0 0 3 1 1 0
First-class 35 63 2 1932 313* 31.67 2 10 26 0

lamisa
February 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
guys,tell u what.rok really saved our @$$ that day but i don't think he's appropriate for no. 6.yes he sort of got us out of trouble that day but u cant just go out to play everyday assuming that we will have a batting collapse and rok will come out at 6 to anchor our innings.that's SISSY mentality.we just had a bad day and he proved helpful for us that day but if on any other day,if we are to win against a good team,we will HAVE to put a couple of more aggresive players in the lower middle order

BANFAN
February 27, 2011, 11:43 AM
He is ok in Test Cricket and top 4 in batting order.

Or he needs to increase his strike rate.

Shamim Mia
February 27, 2011, 02:19 PM
Mohammed Ashraful safed himself from Shakib al Hasan's Big KnockOut Punch. This time he was so lucky that he bowled well, His batting is still poor. Am I wrong to say that the supporters of Asharful does'nt know about cricket. If a player fails to perform the whole year, what should you do?, lets look at country example, England, Australi, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka = drop them. Bangladesh = (keep them). This is a fact, all the supporters of Ashraful Does'nt Like RaQibul, Why?. In fact RaQibul Hasan is the most consistent player in the team!!!. If Ashraful gets a chance in Next Game well thats becuase of his Bowling.

simon
February 27, 2011, 02:32 PM
Rock is naturally slow but what I like abt him is that he scores playing proper cricket shots.
he can also play shots when situation demands.
Besides we r still a team which struggles to last till 50th over so doesnt matter if we have a few slowish batsmen.

paagla
February 27, 2011, 07:37 PM

This statement pretty much explains the thought process of the most of the supporters. Most of the supporters are always satisfied with a once in a blue moon performance than to look at the longer picture.

Alok besides that one innings has been pretty pathetic in international level and just ordinary in the national league.

But, again most Bangladesh supporters love the inconsistent performers like Alok, Ash, Aftab.

I for one will take a consistent 38 over once in a blue moon 80. But that's just me, and Jamie siddons feels the same. And, hence the team has more wins over the last two years.

amar11432
February 27, 2011, 11:05 PM
This statement pretty much explains the thought process of the most of the supporters. Most of the supporters are always satisfied with a once in a blue moon performance than to look at the longer picture.

Alok besides that one innings has been pretty pathetic in international level and just ordinary in the national league.

But, again most Bangladesh supporters love the inconsistent performers like Alok, Ash, Aftab.

I for one will take a consistent 38 over once in a blue moon 80. But that's just me, and Jamie siddons feels the same. And, hence the team has more wins over the last two years.

Thank You summing up what a lot of us feel. :up: