PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ODI:Post Match Analysis

Zeeshan
December 3, 2010, 04:44 AM
These are the glaring flaws that stood out:

1. Mash's line was horrible. Getting a burden. Not sure if it's the injury that's affecting him but he needs to get fit and work on his deliveries.

2. Shafiul should've appealed the run out. It was clear out but simple things like this could've affected the match restricting them robbing 20 odd runs or so.

3. Tamim going berserk after the six. Tempermental flaw... and with WC approaching he needs to understand about the role he plays and the need for bigger innings.

4. Zunaed dancing down the track. Unnecessary.

5. Not to take anything away from Roqibul but with 5 runs to win he shouldn't have thrown his wicket away.

6. Tamim dropping a catch.

Abdur Razzak to Chakabva, no run, sweeps and gets a top-edge behind the wicket on the onside, Tamim goes for it and drops it.
Other than these...good match. Congrats Razzak on the hattrick/5er and Raqibul's 50.

Nadim
December 3, 2010, 04:45 AM
Chat was fun!

Timtim
December 3, 2010, 04:49 AM
These are the glaring flaws that stood out:

4. Zunaed dancing down the track. Unnecessary.

5. Not to take anything away from Roqibul but with 5 runs to win he shouldn't have thrown his wicket away.

6. Tamim dropping a catch.

Well I thought rakibul getting out was in good spirits. He wanted to entertain the crowd and go out with a bang! Sports are a form of entertainment and players are entertainers...he sacrificed a slightly higher average to make the crowd remember this match. Same with junaed, with only 50 runs to go he wanted to speed up the process.

shakibrulz
December 3, 2010, 04:52 AM
1. Shakib's bowling got to improve. He's started off with wide half volleys but later on maintained a tight line and length.

2. I'm totally convinced that BD are not yet aware of this new innovation called batting powerplay yet.

3. Batsmen are not at all concerned about getting not outs and making their averages a little more pretty.

4. Pacers are really going downhill, especially Mashrafe. Shafiul needs to maintain a more tight wicket to wicket line.

5. Some below par fielding

Zeeshan
December 3, 2010, 04:53 AM
Well I thought rakibul getting out was in good spirits. He wanted to entertain the crowd and go out with a bang! Sports are a form of entertainment and players are entertainers...he sacrificed a slightly higher average to make the crowd remember this match. Same with junaed, with only 50 runs to go he wanted to speed up the process.

Timtim those outs could've been avoided. I didn't list Kayes one because he didn't throw it away per se like the other two. These are the flaws that we should work on. It's not the first time that we threw away wickets when less than 10 runs were needed to win.

Naimul_Hd
December 3, 2010, 05:01 AM
and finally Mr. Moni had a good game as well !

Jadukor
December 3, 2010, 05:04 AM
Timtim those outs could've been avoided. I didn't list Kayes one because he didn't throw it away per se like the other two. These are the flaws that we should work on. It's not the first time that we threw away wickets when less than 10 runs were needed to win.

I think this hitting out was a reaction to the criticism he faced during one of the match in the NZ series where he was blocking everything when we were 30-40 runs short of the target... I have disliked his batting for his slow scoring rate but throwing away wickets isn't a part of Rockibul's flaws.... had the match situation been different (we needed 80 odd runs) i dont think he would have played the shot he did...
Tamim on the other hand played an irresponsible shot...

Umar
December 3, 2010, 05:09 AM
Tamim: I think Tamim needed this after 5 months break. He needed that stormy innings to settle his roots to ground again. He had a good feel to the ball and now Inshallah will come to next matches with confidence and as good old improving Tamim :)

Junaid: I wouldnt say Junaid played good. Because to me he was out in first ball. and if he was out at the first ball...Jahurul/SN wouldve been called in im sure. Therefore I will wait and see how he goes with the rest of the matches.

Mash: Time to voluntarily take a rest. It will save pride.

Overall GOOD PERFORMANCE MASHALLAH.

nb: Whats happening with the country rating now? What position will we be in if we win the series and windies loses one? anyone update please. thanks

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 05:32 AM
nb: Whats happening with the country rating now? What position will we be in if we win the series and windies loses one? anyone update please. thanks

now only if we win 4-1 and wi lose 5-0 we will get the no 8 spot in the ranking..other that that we will remain in no 9

after this win today we r still in no 9 cause we lost 3 points 4 losing to a lower rank team..this win today will not earn us any ranking points coz Zim is ranked lower

One World
December 3, 2010, 11:50 AM
Mushfik dropped a catch, was not a tough chance considering he works with Shakib well.

godzilla
December 3, 2010, 01:09 PM
One flaw that I noticed during the match is that after the bowlers bowls a ball the leave the wicket ungarded so when a filder is trying to runout a batsmen on the bowlers side it's either a direct hit or nothing because no one is there beside the wicket ... they need to rectify that problem there

ammark
December 3, 2010, 01:24 PM
Analysis? No, just a comment that might as well be said at the end of the series - We're playing Zimbabwe who had very mediocre bowling to be honest. Raquibul was very fluent in his innings, but it'll be a whole different ball game facing SA, Eng, Aus and India. When the line is good, pace is nippy, fielders are sharper, we're going to have a whole different game!

To add: Our bowling can become very one dimensional too especially against teams that play spin very well, such as SL and India

22Yards
December 3, 2010, 02:47 PM
Analysis? No, just a comment that might as well be said at the end of the series - We're playing Zimbabwe who had very mediocre bowling to be honest. Raquibul was very fluent in his innings, but it'll be a whole different ball game facing SA, Eng, Aus and India. When the line is good, pace is nippy, fielders are sharper, we're going to have a whole different game!

To add: Our bowling can become very one dimensional too especially against teams that play spin very well, such as SL and India

To add to that, yesterdays game left me unsatisfied. I kind of enjoyed BD's matches with England earlier this year more even though they were losing those matches. If your opponent is tough, your standard of cricket is automatically lifted. The vice versa was true yesterday. I'm sick and annoyed with easy miss fields, chances being given, throwing wickets away, not appealing when theirs genuine out, exceeding # of minnow bashers and all those flaws that can NEVER help them win against a top professional team.

Dilscoop
December 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
Lots of little basic things are missing. They gotta fix those. Such as appeal!

I never expected that from Tamim. That was stupid of him.

Mashrafe needs to be rested. He isn't fit. He can't even run.

We won because Imrul got out early, instead of his typical 30 of 90, and boring the rest of the on coming batsman = collapse