PDA

View Full Version : Ugly fan

Tigers_eye
December 3, 2010, 06:59 AM
Did you notice the one who had a facepaint saying in Bangla:

"Shakib
ato bhab
bhalo na"

I was so stunned. Bhab'er ar deksosh ki? O na khelley tho tui mathei kono din ashbi na. Tor hero hera lal chandu (whomever he may be) jei performance korsey!!! Shob chamcha'r dol. I wish I could get a picture. May be some one can look at the replay (ESPN) can get a shot of that Ugly.... (tv crew focused while Zib was batting)

If Shakib does not play there is no bhab for anybody.

Bhab'er gushti kilai.

Habib
December 3, 2010, 07:03 AM
It was probably a hardcore ash fan. Who cares? besi lafalafi korle gallery tei gonodholai khabe.

dolcevita
December 3, 2010, 07:06 AM
It was ashfool's cousin!!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 07:14 AM
he has the right to say whatever he likes...but do we have to care?..

sokuner doay to r goru morena..

simon
December 3, 2010, 07:30 AM
It was ashfool's cousin!!!

if it was Ash's cousin he would have said "bhalo korsen Sakib bhai".;)

wiseshah
December 3, 2010, 07:43 AM
can someone post his pic plz

mac
December 3, 2010, 08:21 AM
areh mijan vai age bolteo, stadium ei to chilam. Pitaiya vab ki jinish bujhaiya ditam.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Zunaid
December 3, 2010, 08:22 AM
^^ next time, everyone PM me your mobile #s. If I see them, will call and you can tell them how we feel :)

Ajfar
December 3, 2010, 08:38 AM
I think it was Bond

tiger_army
December 3, 2010, 08:43 AM
I think it was an Indian

riankhan
December 3, 2010, 08:47 AM
he has the right to say whatever he likes...but do we have to care?..

sokuner doay to r goru morena..

Well said.
Despite of my anger......I Agree. But then.....why should we bother!

roman
December 3, 2010, 08:48 AM
He looks like Atahar Ali no??

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 08:52 AM
I think it was Bond

i think it was the guy who shakib told to get the hell out when he was on the 90ies in the 2nd odi vs NZ

Bancan
December 3, 2010, 09:00 AM
Thought you are talking about Zeeshan :P

Baundule
December 3, 2010, 10:43 AM
Fans can react in any possible way, the players have to live with it. I think, Shakib is smart enough to handle it unlike Inzi or Ashraful or Tamim.

And I do not like statements like "If Shakib does not play there is no bhab for anybody." Any single person is not greater than the team. Bangladesh team will survive even in the absence of all the players in the current squad. In the whitewash series against NZ, the absence of Tamim was never felt.

A somewhat related post in amarblog (http://omipial.amarblog.com/posts/121860).

bujhee kom
December 3, 2010, 10:44 AM
Ugly Fan-er pachai Lathi maren jorse!

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 11:06 AM
Fans can react in any possible way, the players have to live with it. I think, Shakib is smart enough to handle it unlike Inzi or Ashraful or Tamim.

And I do not like statements like "If Shakib does not play there is no bhab for anybody." Any single person is not greater than the team. Bangladesh team will survive even in the absence of all the players in the current squad. In the whitewash series against NZ, the absence of Tamim was never felt.

A somewhat related post in amarblog (http://omipial.amarblog.com/posts/121860).

well said

magic boy
December 3, 2010, 12:31 PM
might be someone rented by anti Shakib gang ....chilla kaitta lobon lagay dimu jodi dec 6 e dekhi stadium e :D

One World
December 3, 2010, 12:32 PM
How could the fan be ugly? His act was.

magic boy
December 3, 2010, 12:37 PM
How could the fan be ugly? His act was.
such ugly act came from an ugly mind. he who is ugly minded = ugly guy !! :p

also colored face with ugly comment looks ugly !!

Nadim
December 3, 2010, 12:40 PM
Who cares about the guy who we don't know.

One World
December 3, 2010, 12:58 PM

lol.

such ugly act came from an ugly mind. he who is ugly minded = ugly guy !! :p

also colored face with ugly comment looks ugly !!

Disagree. Someone can be very ugly looking but still can possess a gem of a mind, :D

Beamer
December 3, 2010, 01:03 PM
T_E

Fans can't do anything they want to in a game, but they certainly can say ( or express ) whatever they want, whether we like it or not. That's his right.

roaring tigerz
December 3, 2010, 01:28 PM
Shakib is a fantastic cricketer. Arguably the best we have ever produced. So we naturally all adore him. But I do feel the senior players and management needs to curb his "angry streak.". On the 2nd ODI when Raqibul misfielded and let a single through, Shakib hurled abuses at him like kh****r p***a. While I understand it came out of frustration, this behavior does not belong in the cricket field.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Beamer
December 3, 2010, 01:33 PM
Shakib is a fantastic cricketer. Arguably the best we have ever produced. So we naturally all adore him. But I do feel the senior players and management needs to curb his "angry streak.". On the 2nd ODI when Raqibul misfielded and let a single through, Shakib hurled abuses at him like kh****r p***a. While I understand it came out of frustration, this behavior does not belong in the cricket field.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

You must have never seen Imran Khan on the field. Bh**n Ch**t was his fav word towards any fielder after a misfield. It may not be right, but you can't claim that it doesn't belong in the cricket field.

Kana-Baba
December 3, 2010, 01:36 PM
I somewhat agree with the supporter you have termed as ugly - সাকিব, এত ভাব ভালো না!

cracky
December 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
Well said

You must have never seen Imran Khan on the field. Bh**n Ch**t was his fav word towards any fielder after a misfield. It may not be right, but you can't claim that it doesn't belong in the cricket field.

ammark
December 3, 2010, 01:54 PM
btw, anyone care to tell my why the crowd went chanting "Bhua! Bhua" when Tamim got out?

RazabQ
December 3, 2010, 02:12 PM
Because Ray Price was dancing. [বাংলা]ওই শালার নাচা নাচি অসহ্য লাগে![/বাংলা] I loved it that Rok and Shak targeted him after he gave big Z a sendoff. Dumba$$ - you don't sledge an outgoing batsmen when you are losing by 6-7 wickets with 10+ overs to spare!

Fazal
December 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
Price'er Pacha ta eto moota keno?

Price has ugly Pacha.

Habib
December 3, 2010, 02:21 PM

Price has ugly Pacha.

LMUAO. That's true indeed.

reyme
December 3, 2010, 02:35 PM

Price has ugly Pacha.

Maybe he eats a lot of cheese...

roman
December 3, 2010, 02:46 PM

Etto kisu thakte seletar Pachar dike keno takan Vaijan? :ninja:(nijeke to ekhon pordar arale rakha laage dekhi :))

roaring tigerz
December 3, 2010, 03:46 PM

Cursing either at your opponents or your teammates has absolutely no place in cricket. What exactly does abusing someones mother, father or sister have to do with building team unity or uplifting your teammates? In the 80s there weren't stump mics and not every international match was beamed around the world. No 10 year old aspiring to be the next Shakib needs to think that throwing a tantrum in the field is equivalent to greatness.

dolcevita
December 3, 2010, 04:20 PM
btw, anyone care to tell my why the crowd went chanting "Bhua! Bhua" when Tamim got out?

Disappointment

FagunerAgun
December 3, 2010, 07:46 PM
it was probably a hardcore ash fan. Who cares? Besi lafalafi korle gallery tei gonodholai khabe.
:-d:-d:-d

BASSMAN
December 3, 2010, 09:42 PM
It's not personal its business. Shakib having this fierceness about him keeps his players in check. Tamil has a similar aspect about him which is why both players are match winners.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

kalpurush
December 3, 2010, 11:22 PM
Disagree. Someone can be very ugly looking but still can possess a gem of a mind, :D
Like me!

Tigers_eye
December 3, 2010, 11:28 PM
T_E

Fans can't do anything they want to in a game, but they certainly can say ( or express ) whatever they want, whether we like it or not. That's his right.
Technically correct. However, anything detrimental for the team labels that person as opposition fan. I can't imagine Chicago fan saying similar things about Michael while playing the game.

AsifTheManRahman
December 3, 2010, 11:45 PM
Exactly. Is he going to bring us the World Cup? No? Then he's not important. No point whipping an irrelevant horse.

beshideshi
December 3, 2010, 11:48 PM
Cursing either at your opponents or your teammates has absolutely no place in cricket. What exactly does abusing someones mother, father or sister have to do with building team unity or uplifting your teammates? In the 80s there weren't stump mics and not every international match was beamed around the world. No 10 year old aspiring to be the next Shakib needs to think that throwing a tantrum in the field is equivalent to greatness.

Firstly I believe Shakib and Raqib are very good friends and as all friends do, they have a little go at each other at times. If that is not the case, then the captain has the right to let the misfielder know that he has cost his team one run.
And as for 10 year olds, a 10 year old has way more positives to pick up from Shakib's behavior. And in days when the hit songs have lyrics about how to get drunk and have slumber parties with friends, I don't think anyone has to look into the cricket field to pick up the potty language.

And lastly for other players who may be offended by Shakib's behavior, [and I quote Nasser Hussain] : It's a man's game, if you don't like it, go home and do something else.

Tigers_eye
December 4, 2010, 12:32 AM
Exactly. Is he going to bring us the World Cup? No? Then he's not important. No point whipping an irrelevant horse.
When the TV camera focus's these thing ... it shows what type of fans we are. Fickle!!

One World
December 4, 2010, 02:22 AM
Like me!

I can't believe KP-bhai, it was you!!!!!!!!!!'

:smug::-p:saint:;):pig::snob::bighug:

fishyguy
December 4, 2010, 03:38 AM
Maybe he is not so good looking so what.

magic boy
December 4, 2010, 08:27 AM
here is another fan. (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-04/news/113199)
[বাংলা]
http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-12-03-18-58-46-036079300-mathermukh.jpg
গ্যালারির হাজারো দর্শকের মাঝেও আলাদা করে চোখে পড়ছে তাঁকে। রেলিং ঘেঁষে দাঁড়িয়ে, হাতে একটি প্ল্যাকার্ড। তাতে লেখা ‘সে নো টু স্পট ফিক্সিং।’ অনেক চেষ্টা করলেন ক্যামেরাম্যানের দৃষ্টি আকর্ষণের। কিন্তু ক্যামেরাম্যান বোধ হয় ওই লেখার গুরুত্ব বুঝলেন না। হতাশ মনে বেচারা প্ল্যাকার্ড নামিয়ে বসে পড়লেন। মাঠের উত্তেজনা, দর্শকের উন্মাদনা—কোনো কিছুই স্পর্শ করছে না তাঁকে। যেন স্পট ফিক্সিং বিষয়টা নিয়ে খুবই চিন্তিত তিনি।
চিকিৎসক ওয়াতিন আলম (রিদম) আসলেই চিন্তিত। স্পট ফিক্সিং ব্যাপারটা এমন যে লোভ সামলানো মুশকিল, এর করাল থাবা না আবার বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটেও হানা দেয়! এই ভয়েই তাঁর এই আহ্বান। ক্রিকেট খেলতে আর খেলা দেখতে ভীষণ ভালোবাসেন। আইসিসি নকআউট বিশ্বকাপ থেকেই মাঠে এসে খেলা দেখার শুরু, এখনো নিয়মিত মাঠে উপস্থিতি। দন্ত্যচিকিৎসকের ব্যস্ত জীবনের চাপ সামলে বাংলাদেশের প্রতিটি সিরিজে অন্তত একটা হলেও ম্যাচ দেখার সময় বের করে ফেলেন। সব ম্যাচ দেখতে পারেন না বলে একটু মন খারাপও হয়। কোনো কাজে মিরপুর এলে স্টেডিয়ামের আশপাশে একটা চক্কর দিয়ে যান, মাঝেমধ্যে ঘুরতেও এদিকটায় চলে আসেন। ক্রিকেট দলের জন্য দন্ত্যচিকিৎসকের প্রয়োজন খুব একটা নেই জেনেও ক্রিকেট বোর্ডে একটা জীবনবৃত্তান্ত জমা দিয়ে রেখেছেন। বোর্ড চাইলে তিনি যেকোনো কাজ করতে রাজি। ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে থাকতে পারার মতো তৃপ্তি যে আর কিছুতে নেই![/বাংলা]

MarufH
December 4, 2010, 08:59 AM
Shakib for president. :-D

MarufH
December 4, 2010, 09:01 AM
here is another fan. (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-04/news/113199)
[বাংলা]
http://paloadmin.prothom-aloblog.com:8088/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2010-12-03-18-58-46-036079300-mathermukh.jpg
গ্যালারির হাজারো দর্শকের মাঝেও আলাদা করে চোখে পড়ছে তাঁকে। রেলিং ঘেঁষে দাঁড়িয়ে, হাতে একটি প্ল্যাকার্ড। তাতে লেখা ‘সে নো টু স্পট ফিক্সিং।’ অনেক চেষ্টা করলেন ক্যামেরাম্যানের দৃষ্টি আকর্ষণের। কিন্তু ক্যামেরাম্যান বোধ হয় ওই লেখার গুরুত্ব বুঝলেন না। হতাশ মনে বেচারা প্ল্যাকার্ড নামিয়ে বসে পড়লেন। মাঠের উত্তেজনা, দর্শকের উন্মাদনা—কোনো কিছুই স্পর্শ করছে না তাঁকে। যেন স্পট ফিক্সিং বিষয়টা নিয়ে খুবই চিন্তিত তিনি।
চিকিৎসক ওয়াতিন আলম (রিদম) আসলেই চিন্তিত। স্পট ফিক্সিং ব্যাপারটা এমন যে লোভ সামলানো মুশকিল, এর করাল থাবা না আবার বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটেও হানা দেয়! এই ভয়েই তাঁর এই আহ্বান। ক্রিকেট খেলতে আর খেলা দেখতে ভীষণ ভালোবাসেন। আইসিসি নকআউট বিশ্বকাপ থেকেই মাঠে এসে খেলা দেখার শুরু, এখনো নিয়মিত মাঠে উপস্থিতি। দন্ত্যচিকিৎসকের ব্যস্ত জীবনের চাপ সামলে বাংলাদেশের প্রতিটি সিরিজে অন্তত একটা হলেও ম্যাচ দেখার সময় বের করে ফেলেন। সব ম্যাচ দেখতে পারেন না বলে একটু মন খারাপও হয়। কোনো কাজে মিরপুর এলে স্টেডিয়ামের আশপাশে একটা চক্কর দিয়ে যান, মাঝেমধ্যে ঘুরতেও এদিকটায় চলে আসেন। ক্রিকেট দলের জন্য দন্ত্যচিকিৎসকের প্রয়োজন খুব একটা নেই জেনেও ক্রিকেট বোর্ডে একটা জীবনবৃত্তান্ত জমা দিয়ে রেখেছেন। বোর্ড চাইলে তিনি যেকোনো কাজ করতে রাজি। ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে থাকতে পারার মতো তৃপ্তি যে আর কিছুতে নেই![/বাংলা]

He is good fan.. why u putting him in ugly fans page? :p

magic boy
December 4, 2010, 10:23 AM
^ no i just wanted to share an example of other kinds of fan.definitely a different and good one.

FagunerAgun
December 4, 2010, 10:28 AM
Firstly I believe Shakib and Raqib are very good friends and as all friends do, they have a little go at each other at times. If that is not the case, then the captain has the right to let the misfielder know that he has cost his team one run.
And as for 10 year olds, a 10 year old has way more positives to pick up from Shakib's behavior. And in days when the hit songs have lyrics about how to get drunk and have slumber parties with friends, I don't think anyone has to look into the cricket field to pick up the potty language.

And lastly for other players who may be offended by Shakib's behavior, [and I quote Nasser Hussain] : It's a man's game, if you don't like it, go home and do something else.
Well stated, it is a man's game.

roaring tigerz
December 4, 2010, 10:55 AM

And lastly for other players who may be offended by Shakib's behavior, [and I quote Nasser Hussain] : It's a man's game, if you don't like it, go home and do something else

I am sure all the players get along very well and on the field abuse is taken lightly by each other. Thats not the point. Their every action is scrutinized and they represent the entire nation. They need to behave accordingly. Hurling abuses at each other is not proof of your virility or machismo. A great player does not need to use trash language to earn the respect of his compatriots. Shakib leads the team by example, through his own performance. He does not need to exert his authority through abuse.

The bottom line is I don't think it does anything to foster better team spirit. How would you feel if your boss abused your entire family for an oversight in your work? Would that spur you to do a better job? If it's not alright for you to be treated this way, why would it be alright for a cricketer in front millions of others.

Shaan
December 4, 2010, 12:36 PM
So, you mean he is like this: ;)

http://uglyhousephotos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/090929n.jpg

shuziburo
December 4, 2010, 12:57 PM
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

I don't mind the anger. He channels it well in the field. However, he should watch his language. These days the microphone picks up much of the dialog in the field. And, youngsters watch these games.

shuziburo
December 4, 2010, 01:06 PM

It does not become acceptable because Imran Khan did it. Whether these cricketers like it or not, they have become role models for the younger generations. I have a feeling Shakib would not want the young fans to emulate this behavior.

AsifTheManRahman
December 4, 2010, 02:21 PM
Words get thrown around during games in any sport arena, even on the cricket field. It happens in school cricket, in local leagues and even international cricket. It's no big deal if the players involved don't mind.

Heck we used to cuss at each other when on the ping pong table back in high school. It's good for the competition.

AsifTheManRahman
December 4, 2010, 02:25 PM
And as for 10 year olds....
Agreed. Every 10 year old will grow up to be a cusser anyways. It's just life.

iDumb
December 4, 2010, 02:26 PM
we also curse each other in game chat. and then we make passionate love afterwards.

AsifTheManRahman
December 4, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well stated, it is a man's game.
I'll have to disagree. It should really be a winners' game. For example, Charlotte Edwards will always be more of a winner than most of our guys.

bujhee kom
December 4, 2010, 04:18 PM
[বাংলা]
Daamn, A big salaam to Dr. Dentist Wateen Alam Rythm bhai. I am going to come see you Dr. for my teeth...and the whole BC will come as well, everyone from Dhaka...you will be our national dentist! :onethephone::flag:

Emon bro, I am googling Dr. Rythm bhai right now! Do you have his number?

bujhee kom
December 4, 2010, 04:26 PM
I just realized Cricket - The gentleman's game, gentlemen playing cricket in a gentle park with gletly washed dhobdhobe white clothings and fully uptight clothed ladies lazily half laying on the boundary lined tree shade in front of half eaten cucumber sandwiches and napkins and little porcelain half full of tea, this cricket and today's professional competetive cricket are two different things bhais. The bad fielder is lucky that Shakib just cursed him out, not crushed his balls with a nut-cracker after stupid fielding. As Asif bhai said, it is a dude's game, we should be able to soak some of it just naturally, this is not symphony at the theater!

But if you can present yourself as a polite, gentle, respectful and humble person, the world will see you, remember you that way, it's your choice.

shuziburo
December 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
I just realized Cricket - The gentleman's game, gentlemen playing cricket in a gentle park with gletly washed dhobdhobe white clothings and fully uptight clothed ladies lazily half laying on the boundary lined tree shade in front of half eaten cucumber sandwiches and napkins and little porcelain half full of tea, this cricket and today's professional competetive cricket are two different things bhais. The bad fielder is lucky that Shakib just cursed him out, not crushed his balls with a nut-cracker after stupid fielding. As Asif bhai said, it is a dude's game, we should be able to soak some of it just naturally, this is not symphony at the theater!

But if you can present yourself as a polite, gentle, respectful and humble person, the world will see you, remember you that way, it's your choice.

Very well put. Didn't know you had it in you! Did you go out to Jackson Heights and ate a whole roasted [বাংলা]খাসী[/বাংলা] after the month-long vegetarian torture?

Tiger444
December 4, 2010, 05:28 PM
Shakib is just a very competitive guy that says whatever he has to say that's on his mind. I mean look at how he slammed the selectors for not selecting rock and naeem. I think that's another reason why he was hard on rock. He probably was like oh I back your a*s up and now your making a fielding mistale? Also shakib and roqib have played with each other for a long time so they know each other well. Also I think their really good friends oFf the field so shakib also is more comfortable to criticize him. He's done it before with rock. It obviously didn't hurt rocks confidence because he ended up playing a solid innings. Shakib just wants everyone to give their 100% so they could win. We should be thankful that we have such a competitive leader. He brings out the best out of the players.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

bdpride04
December 4, 2010, 05:32 PM
thank god shakib never did that to ash lol or he would cry in the field lol

AsifTheManRahman
December 4, 2010, 05:51 PM
I never said it's a dude's game. Charlotte Edwards isn't a dude. :)

I said it should be a winners' game. Unfortunately, it's generally more of a sissy sport than most other sports.

BASSMAN
December 4, 2010, 06:11 PM
Anyone remembers Nehra giving Dhoni some natter???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1qrJCrugo&feature=related

Habib
December 4, 2010, 09:24 PM

Nehra has a habit of cursing the fielder even if the fielder is not at fault.

Shaan
December 5, 2010, 02:37 AM

Have you forgot there is a guy call Harbahajan Sing, pure master on this art of cursing :)

Shaan
December 5, 2010, 02:39 AM
Fielding miss korse tho Shakib ore gaal dibo natho chuma dibe naki ?!? aar crickete esob halka jarijuri chole, sobai bhuje. Dekhenna amago Mushy-bhi maje maje jari dey fieldargo stump-er pison thaikka !!

BASSMAN
December 5, 2010, 05:27 AM
Have you forgot there is a guy call Harbahajan Sing, pure master on this art of cursing :)

Any video links???

lamisa
December 5, 2010, 10:34 AM
ai kalke mathe jaiesi,ei lokre abar dekle amare facebook e message pathay diyen!eishob korle hoy oi halay stadiume thakbe nahoy ami thakbo!

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 10:51 AM
ai kalke mathe jaiesi,ei lokre abar dekle amare facebook e message pathay diyen!eishob korle hoy oi halay stadiume thakbe nahoy ami thakbo!

beware of lamisa!!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u1/elaineb663/pissedoffwoman.jpg

roman
December 5, 2010, 10:57 AM

Harbhajan singh not only curses but he slaps too:-D...

roman
December 5, 2010, 10:59 AM

Lamisa apu oi loktar gale koshe ekta chor lagiye diyen....

Shaan
December 5, 2010, 11:23 AM
Any video links???

Harbhajan singh not only curses but he slaps too:-D...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZOk_DjSaZY

these two are Laila-Majno, can't get rid of each others ***.. hahahaa...

roman
December 5, 2010, 11:47 AM
Is there any video of Harbhajan slapping Sreeshanth (not the one sreesanth crying)? :)

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 01:13 PM
Is there any video of Harbhajan slapping Sreeshanth (not the one sreesanth crying)? :)

haha..dont think there is a video of this...should have been!...it would have been epic!

MarufH
December 5, 2010, 01:37 PM
So, you mean he is like this: ;)

http://uglyhousephotos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/090929n.jpg

ahahahhahahahaahaahah. :floor:

lamisa
December 6, 2010, 09:51 AM
bhai shokol,oi "ugly fan"re ami ajke dekhi nai!dekhle apnader shobar torof theke ekta ekta kore chotkana,nijer torof theke ekta lathi ar shakiber torof theke ekta ghushi mere ashtam!