PDA

View Full Version : Captaincy: Iceman becoming similar to Imran khan

maksud
December 3, 2010, 05:04 PM
To win the match is not everything. As a captain, you have to make sure that everybody is giving his maximum. You are provided with the combination which you thought is the best to deliver. In other way you need greater authority to get maximum output from a best combination.
Thats what Imran khan did for Pakistan team in the early 90s. He gave a stability in the pakistan team and he was also great allrounder as Iceman. I hope if shakib concentrate his game and his leadership than we will win the world cup this time or next world cup. Just keep in believe yourself.

shuziburo
December 3, 2010, 05:34 PM
This proclamation is rather premature. Yes, he is the best in the world at what he does. But, Imran was much more than that. He was an excellent captain, which Shakib is slowly becoming. But, Imran also got the Board to "see" his way. Inclusion of Rock and Naeem seems a positive development in that direction. But, Shakib still has a long way to go before he can be compared favorably with Imran Khan.

I was not a big fan of Imran because of his arrogance, but could not deny his accomplishments. That WC win was almost singlehandedly orchestrated by him.

Dilscoop
December 3, 2010, 05:54 PM
He is not there yet. Lets see how he goes in this WC.

Off topic: I wanna change my nick to Iceman. Sounds kool! I didn't about this nick until I joined BC. I learned many other nicks. RBX, Rock (but I feel I brought some change to that nick and brought in a appropriate nick). hmm what else did I learn

dash
December 3, 2010, 06:06 PM
i think we should hold on to our hats

simon
December 3, 2010, 06:39 PM
This proclamation is rather premature. Yes, he is the best in the world at what he does. But, Imran was much more than that. He was an excellent captain, which Shakib is slowly becoming. But, Imran also got the Board to "see" his way. Inclusion of Rock and Naeem seems a positive development in that direction. But, Shakib still has a long way to go before he can be compared favorably with Imran Khan.

I was not a big fan of Imran because of his arrogance, but could not deny his accomplishments. That WC win was almost singlehandedly orchestrated by him.

Off topic: I wanna change my nick to Iceman. Sounds kool! I didn't about this nick until I joined BC. I learned many other nicks. RBX, Rock (but I feel I brought some change to that nick and brought in a appropriate nick). hmm what else did I learn

waiting for Shakibrulez to come & bash both of u.:-p

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 09:47 PM

you also learned that sometimes u r very rude to people

Night_wolf
December 3, 2010, 09:48 PM
from another thread
Guys, Imrank Khan was/is an arrogant prick but we can all agree, in retrospect that his was the golden era for Pakistan cricket. With greater firepower under him Wasim Akram and other skippers since then didn't accomplish anything close to what Imran did.

Like Shak, Imran would be cussing people out left and right on the field
Like Shak, Imran would call out lame-*** administrators in public, to get what he wanted
Like Shak, Imran had to deal with a very unprofessional board.
Like Shak, Imran led from the front in a manner where his position in the team was beyond reproach
Like Shak, Imran was a very very sore loser. He'd be busting things up after losing a match.
Like Shak, Imran dominated at County level
Like Shak, Imran was one of the leading all-rounders of his time.
Like Shak, Imran had one class batsman in his side (Javed Miandad)

I am fine with Shak being Shak.

22Yards
December 3, 2010, 09:51 PM
Without comparing with any other legend, I think Shakib is capable of making his own name 10-15 years from now on.

Dilscoop
December 4, 2010, 03:01 AM
from another thread

Those should be other way around.

"Like Imran, Shak..."

shakibrulz
December 4, 2010, 03:59 AM
Ice Man>Im ran

Shaan
December 4, 2010, 04:12 AM
iceman == iceman...
He is unique, only one!!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Shaan
December 4, 2010, 04:18 AM
i request to admins that they should restrict people from obtaining ICONIC names... Cause that can sometime mislead the image!!

Shehwar
December 4, 2010, 06:20 AM
I LOVE Shakib but lets hold on to our horses shall we? Comparing with Imran Khan already? Ektu beshi hoye gelona?

Haru-party
December 4, 2010, 06:24 AM
imran khan? who?? :D

simon
December 4, 2010, 06:25 AM
iceman == iceman...
He is unique, only one!!!

right,no need to compare with any1.

beshideshi
December 4, 2010, 07:30 AM
This kid has played international cricket for about 4 years, let's wait another 4 years before we make any call. But from what we have seen, he does have the potentials to become the Imran Khan of this era, he and Imran share too many similarities.
Also, I hope BCB realizes that we have hit gold with this bloke, let him have what he wants and then if he fails to yield results,......well, we will see then ;)

_Rafi_
December 4, 2010, 07:51 AM
Shakib overrated this time.

MarufH
December 4, 2010, 09:09 AM
from another thread

Originally Posted by RazabQ
Guys, Imrank Khan was/is an arrogant prick but we can all agree, in retrospect that his was the golden era for Pakistan cricket. With greater firepower under him Wasim Akram and other skippers since then didn't accomplish anything close to what Imran did.

Like Shak, Imran would be cussing people out left and right on the field
Like Shak, Imran would call out lame-*** administrators in public, to get what he wanted
Like Shak, Imran had to deal with a very unprofessional board.
Like Shak, Imran led from the front in a manner where his position in the team was beyond reproach
Like Shak, Imran was a very very sore loser. He'd be busting things up after losing a match.
Like Shak, Imran dominated at County level
Like Shak, Imran was one of the leading all-rounders of his time.
Like Shak, Imran had one class batsman in his side (Javed Miandad)

I am fine with Shak being Shak.

Thats a great post!!!

shakibrulz
December 4, 2010, 09:13 AM
from another thread
Top post.

Umar
December 4, 2010, 09:16 AM
Lets not say SHAKIB is another Imran Khan or Ian Botham.
Lets SAY SHAKIB IS SHAKIB AL HASAN, THE ICEMAN, THE CAPTAIN COOL. No one was ever like him, and people will try to be like him. :-)

dolcevita
December 4, 2010, 09:18 AM
Lets see what he can doeS in WC
it gonna be the primetime
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
December 5, 2010, 11:09 AM
anyone producing sons now should name him shakib!

Awla
December 5, 2010, 11:23 AM
imran khan? who?? :D
http://mumbairaj.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/original_Imran-Khan_485a9d21d1d52.jpg
:lol:

Shaan
December 5, 2010, 11:26 AM
Lets not say SHAKIB is another Imran Khan or Ian Botham.
Lets SAY SHAKIB IS SHAKIB AL HASAN, THE ICEMAN, THE CAPTAIN COOL. No one was ever like him, and people will try to be like him. :-)
yeah he is unique, the only one. !!!