PDA

View Full Version : - 2010 - Fans Cricketer Of The Year -2010-

Shamim Mia
December 4, 2010, 10:03 AM
The year is coming to an end, It is time for you to decide who has impressed you! to win the BanglaCricket Fans Cricketer of the year. Let the voting begin,

These are the nominees:

1) Shakib Al Hasan (Ranked 1st In ODI All-Rounder Rankings)
2) Tamim Iqbal Khan (Wisden Cricketer Test Player of the Year)
3) Abdur Razzak (Backbone Of Bangladesh Spin Attack)
4) Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Expensive Player in Bangladesh) (IPL Auction $600,000)

Razi
December 4, 2010, 10:11 AM
At last a good poll by Shamim Mia, and my 2010 Cricketer of the Year is surely none other than Shakib. Tamim is also a very close contender for his excellent Test records home and abroad, but as he missed the last half of the year it will be injustice to Shakib if he gets it, and if you consider all forms of cricket then it should obviously be Shakib.

FagunerAgun
December 4, 2010, 10:21 AM
A nice comeback Shamim Mia.
Shakib is the best, Tamim is close to be the best. Razzaq is still crawling to the third.

Shaan
December 4, 2010, 10:36 AM
Iceman !!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

kalpurush
December 4, 2010, 10:41 AM
Good thread Shamim bhai.:up:
Ice Man > *

* the ugly fan

Haru-party
December 4, 2010, 10:47 AM
Tamim for me

Rabz
December 4, 2010, 10:56 AM
There shouldn't be any contest or poll.
Its IceMan and IceMan only.

catstrophy
December 4, 2010, 11:13 AM
You are as cold as ice, willing to sacrifice our love

nycpro96
December 4, 2010, 11:13 AM
Tamim did awesome this year, I think Tamim went through a small metamorphosis this year in terms of batting technique and control of temperament as compared to in the past but Shakib just killed it again this year. He led from the front both with the ball and with the bat and his captaincy isn't too shabby either. So, I say Shakib al Hasan wins Bangladesh Cricketer of the Year award. BTW, didn't BC have a sort of awards thing before? I think we should do that again this year.

Odhora
December 4, 2010, 11:25 AM
সাকিব আল হাসান ছারা আর কে হবে?

মাশরাফি কে এই লিস্ট এ রাখা উচিত হয়নাই, কারন ও তো বাংলাদেশ টিম এ রেগুলার খেলার চাঞ্ছ ই পায়নাই।

Equinox
December 4, 2010, 11:40 AM
Tamim Iqbal.

Shakib had on ordinary year barring the NZ series.

Night_wolf
December 4, 2010, 11:50 AM
its a one way winner!!:D....ICEMAN!

Shamim Mia
December 4, 2010, 12:14 PM
Guys, Dont disappoint Tamim with a big margin bet him and shakib, he really did well

shakibrulz
December 4, 2010, 12:29 PM
Tamim had a terrific year, but Shakib performed when it mattered, so my vote goes to Shakib (I'm a bit biased too :-p). Make no mistake,

shakibrulz
December 4, 2010, 12:35 PM
Shakib:
Led BD to their first series win against a full strength team with some stellar performances and fine captaincy.
Ended up as the highest ODI wickettaker of the year.
Highest run getter for BD in ODIs this year
Worcs stint where he was instrumental in earning them a promotion.

Tamim:
Wisden Test player of the year
830+ runs @ nearly 60 avg against India and England. 2 of the matches played in England (bowler friendly conditions).
Second highest s/r among top run getters (80.71) second to only Sehwag (91.62). Now that's bloody impressive.

shuziburo
December 4, 2010, 01:10 PM
Shakib.

TI is second, but you have to keep in mind that BD thrashed NZ without him.

Mash should not be in the list.

nakibahmed
December 4, 2010, 01:16 PM
Shurawardi should have made the poll,good one anyway.

Habib
December 4, 2010, 01:25 PM
Shakib. Who else?

wiseshah
December 4, 2010, 01:32 PM
shakib--all the way
batting, bowling, captaincy, personality, ranking, news media, control power, psychological game, astrology

tamim is very close though

wiseshah
December 4, 2010, 01:36 PM
nice poll by shamim mia. congrats.

in old days old version of shamim mia would put tamim, shakib, rajin, shahadat,najmul etc. but new shamim mia is more matured and more

Tigers_eye
December 4, 2010, 01:58 PM
Tamim Iqbal.

Yes we are talking about 2010: Not even talking about the England county stint... How forgetful we are.

Test:
87 (104) @ Hamilton - NZ
100 (129) @ Hamilton - NZ
96 (191) @ Dhaka - England

62/5 @ Chit - India
62/4 @ Chit - Eng
124/4 @ Dhaka - Eng
121/5 @ Manchester - Eng

ODI:
50 (78) @ Belfast - Ireland
63 (65) @ Dhaka - Zim

33/4 @ Christchurch - NZ
32/3 @ Dhaka - England
39/4 @ Dhaka - Zim

+++ With loads of 2 wickets haul per innings where other strike bowlers couldn't get any!!! +++

"Jarey shohey nahi tar cholon baka".

AsifTheManRahman
December 4, 2010, 02:05 PM
Where's Ashraful on that list?

Murad
December 4, 2010, 02:08 PM
Imrul kayes

Ajfar
December 4, 2010, 02:18 PM
^ Imrul Kayes is more like the emerging player of the year IMO. I don't think a lot of people expected him to survive for this long. I hope he continues to work hard and keeps an eye on his strike rate.

Ajfar
December 4, 2010, 02:19 PM

Bhaijaan Ashrafuler moto boro maaner player re aie rokom ekta pocha list e manai na.

Nadim
December 4, 2010, 02:22 PM
Yes we are talking about 2010: Not even talking about the England county stint... How forgetful we are.

Test:
87 (104) @ Hamilton - NZ
100 (129) @ Hamilton - NZ
96 (191) @ Dhaka - England

62/5 @ Chit - India
62/4 @ Chit - Eng
124/4 @ Dhaka - Eng
121/5 @ Manchester - Eng

ODI:
50 (78) @ Belfast - Ireland
63 (65) @ Dhaka - Zim

33/4 @ Christchurch - NZ
32/3 @ Dhaka - England
39/4 @ Dhaka - Zim

+++ With loads of 2 wickets haul per innings where other strike bowlers couldn't get any!!! +++

"Jarey shohey nahi tar cholon baka".

u forgot to add his :100: and 70+ vs nz at dhaka... he also had another 4er at home vs nz

Nadim
December 4, 2010, 02:23 PM

lol ATMR, only sissies would have voted for him.

Shaan
December 4, 2010, 02:45 PM
ASHRAFUL is on Shamim mia's favorite list ;)

Habib
December 4, 2010, 03:06 PM
Tamim Iqbal.

Sehwag would be proud of you.

Shamim Mia
December 4, 2010, 03:40 PM
ASHRAFUL is on Shamim mia's favorite list ;)

yes he still is, his a excellent player who has been sleeping for the past 5 years with his talents, now he is starting to realise there are better players in the team than him,

bujhee kom
December 4, 2010, 03:41 PM
Shakib Al Hasan.

Before I got to see what Shakib Al Hasan is all about, I never ever imagined in my wildest dream ever that a human being like him, an athlete like him, a mind like his would be born in my country. This comment puts a heavy load of insult on my people, country, but that's how I felt, I am being honest here. I will add Tamim Iqbal to that list as well, after Shakib.

dolcevita
December 4, 2010, 04:17 PM
Shakib who else !!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

beshideshi
December 4, 2010, 04:31 PM
I believe Tamim and Imrul are the most improved players this year, Tamim really transformed into a name which strikes fear in bowler's heart, we needed a player like Tamim to dominate the game at times.
Imrul on the other hand is quickly becoming one of my favorite batsmen, from a 13 average batsman he is now the #6 or #7 highest run getter in ODIs this year. It could be Tamim's influence or whatever, I am just glad that we have at least found a very decent opening pair.

But the player of the year must go to Shakib Al Hassan, simply because I rate match winning 30s more than 100s that don't count. And Shakib has won us the most important games and have transmitted the believe that we can win regularly.

Tigers_eye
December 4, 2010, 08:41 PM
u forgot to add his :100: and 70+ vs nz at dhaka... he also had another 4er at home vs nz

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I did not forget. He said Ordinary barring NZ series. So omitted those.

Naimul_Hd
December 4, 2010, 10:19 PM
Asking this question actually in a way insulting ICEMAN ! :-p

MY Vote goes to SHAKIB AL HASAN !!!! :notworthy:

rinathq
December 5, 2010, 12:51 AM
Tamim for test and Sakib for ODI. I believe its harder to perform well in test which tamim did. On the other hand, Sakib lead the ODIs

bujhee kom
December 5, 2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah Shakib first, Tamim second and then far far below at the very bottom of the barrel are the rest!

Rifat
December 5, 2010, 05:59 AM
I voted for Tamim :) MashAllah! the kid works really hard, and he is talented.

simon
December 5, 2010, 07:17 AM
Tamim Iqbal.

ya,well said.
I voted Tamim.he had a terrific year.
I'm surprised,cause I was expecting most votes for Tamim,it was his year,but I think the recent memories of Shakib made many people vote him./:)

mac
December 5, 2010, 07:28 AM
ICE MAN. Tamim was good too.

Sohel
December 5, 2010, 07:40 AM
Abar jigay ... Mohammad Ashraful Motin for sure.

Shamim Mia
December 5, 2010, 08:58 AM
Guys where is the support for Tamim, Look back at what he has done for bangladesh, without Tamim giving us a good start at the openning overs, then bangladesh would have really struggled, and compare the age difference between shakib and Tamim, 2 years difference? what did Shakib do when he was 21 years old? any

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 09:12 AM
Guys where is the support for Tamim, Look back at what he has done for bangladesh, without Tamim giving us a good start at the openning overs, then bangladesh would have really struggled, and compare the age difference between shakib and Tamim, 2 years difference? what did Shakib do when he was 21 years old? any

he was No 1 odi allrounder(since 23 jan 2009)...he was 21y and some days then

Shamim Mia
December 5, 2010, 09:27 AM
he was No 1 odi allrounder(since 23 jan 2009)...he was 21y and some days then

actually he was 22 years old

Night_wolf
December 5, 2010, 10:55 AM
actually he was 22 years old

at 23 jan 2009 he was 21 and some days...he was 22 in march of 2009

shuziburo
December 5, 2010, 03:16 PM

Although I voted for Shakib, together they are the best cricketers that BD ever produced. We should be thankful to the Almighty for them. "[বাংলা]বাংলাদেশ যখন জগৎ সভায় শ্রেষ্ঠ আসন লবে[/বাংলা]" these two will likely play large roles.

Having said that, Shakib has done better with bat, ball, and leadership, compared to what Tamim did with his bat. But, his contributions are also superlative to BD cricket this year.

Baundule
December 6, 2010, 10:32 AM
A poll without Ashraful!!!!! What is happening in BC????????

Shakib in my book. Imrul comes the second best. Tamim is pushed down to third because of his tendency to put his own milestones ahead of the team's need. When you have the ability to get 100, getting 80 is a waste of your ability.

Shamim Mia
December 8, 2010, 08:27 AM
Looks like Shakib coming out as a top favorite, but we still have another 2 ODI left, maybe 2 century from Tamim will do justice to him

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 08:48 AM
A poll without Ashraful!!!!! What is happening in BC????????

Shakib in my book. Imrul comes the second best. Tamim is pushed down to third because of his tendency to put his own milestones ahead of the team's need. When you have the ability to get 100, getting 80 is a waste of your ability.
That's unfair actually. Tamim can't be blamed for having a bunch of sissies in the lineup who can't build on the kind of starts he (& kayes) provides. And how for gods sake is Kayes ahead of Tamim?

Equinox
December 8, 2010, 09:22 AM
ya,well said.
I voted Tamim.he had a terrific year.
I'm surprised,cause I was expecting most votes for Tamim,it was his year,but I think the recent memories of Shakib made many people vote him./:)
Yup exactly. Unsurprisingly people have short memories. They forget how important the Tour of England was for us. We were greeted by a hostile English press who were questioning our ability to play at the highest level and Tamim single-handedly changed their perspective of Bangladesh cricket.

As for Shakib, I'm sorry "ordinary" was the wrong word. He had a good year but a few 50s by carelessly smashing everything on flat pitches isn't going to make him one of the greatest all-rounders of all-time, which is what I believe he should be aiming for. His bowling remains among the best in the World but it's about time he started pushing his batting average.

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 09:33 AM
Yup exactly. Unsurprisingly people have short memories. They forget how important the Tour of England was for us. We were greeted by a hostile English press who were questioning our ability to play at the highest level and Tamim single-handedly changed their perspective of Bangladesh cricket.

As for Shakib, I'm sorry "ordinary" was the wrong word. He had a good year but a few 50s by carelessly smashing everything on flat pitches isn't going to make him one of the greatest all-rounders of all-time, which is what I believe he should be aiming for. His bowling remains among the best in the World but it's about time he started pushing his batting average.
Shakib while did indeed have a poor time with the bat, did well with the ball. Far better than his figures suggest. He kept beating the batsman over after over. And what a sterotype that England wickets are all minefields :lol: In first test trott piled on runs and 2nd test, though was in slightly difficult conditions, was still batsmen friendly. And tamim didn't bat much under overcast conditions either.

See how easy it is to be an armchair critic? And more importantly iceman won you the matches, which tamim couldn't. Ordinary indeed.

Equinox
December 8, 2010, 09:40 AM
Shakib while did indeed have a poor time with the bat, did well with the ball. Far better than his figures suggest. He kept beating the batsman over after over. And what a sterotype that England wickets are all minefields :lol: In first test trott piled on runs and 2nd test, though was in slightly difficult conditions, was still batsmen friendly. And tamim didn't bat much under overcast conditions either.

See how easy it is to be an armchair critic? And more importantly iceman won you the matches, which tamim couldn't. Ordinary indeed.
For me
Competing against England in England > Beating NZ at home

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 09:46 AM
For me
Competing against England in England > Beating NZ at home
For me: A spinner taking 5 wickets against England away on a 1st and 2nd day wicket = Competing.

Baundule
December 8, 2010, 10:23 AM
That's unfair actually. Tamim can't be blamed for having a bunch of sissies in the lineup who can't build on the kind of starts he (& kayes) provides. And how for gods sake is Kayes ahead of Tamim?

Kayes is ahead of Tamim because he gives his 100% most of the time. Having some sissies in the team actually imposes more responsibility to the capable ones. You score a century and then get out to lose the match does not make a good player.

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 10:38 AM
Kayes is ahead of Tamim because he gives his 100% most of the time. Having some sissies in the team actually imposes more responsibility to the capable ones. You score a century and then get out to lose the match does not make a good player.
That sounds lame tbh, don't know what you mean by 100%? Tamim's an attacking opener, and that's the way to go. Don't let his attacking instincts fool you.

Equinox
December 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
Oh no I'd much rather prefer a 150 ball 35 and then lose the match. :lol:

Baundule
December 8, 2010, 10:51 AM
That sounds lame tbh, don't know what you mean by 100%? Tamim's an attacking opener, and that's the way to go. Don't let his attacking instincts fool you.
Attacking and throwing wicket away ignoring the match condition are two different things. He usually does the second one. The positive thing is, with time he is improving on this and I wish him all the best for utilizing his abilities properly.

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 11:05 AM
Attacking and throwing wicket away ignoring the match condition are two different things. He usually does the second one. The positive thing is, with time he is improving on this and I wish him all the best for utilizing his abilities properly.
That's the way he plays, and that's why he's effective. Sehwag is Sehwag because he attacks. He mostly throws his wicket away, but hey, that's what he is. And Tamim is just 21, he'll improve much more with time. But I can show you many instances where kayes threw his wicket away after starts too? Putting Kayes ahead of tamim is blashpehmy of highest order.

Baundule
December 8, 2010, 12:34 PM
That's the way he plays, and that's why he's effective. Sehwag is Sehwag because he attacks. He mostly throws his wicket away, but hey, that's what he is. And Tamim is just 21, he'll improve much more with time. But I can show you many instances where kayes threw his wicket away after starts too? Putting Kayes ahead of tamim is blashpehmy of highest order.
:D

Tamim can be compared more with Gayle than with Sehwag. Being a part of a strong batting line up, Sehwag has a very good backup force. Tamim or Gayle does not have that luxury. This makes their contribution to the team more important. Just give me a Tendulkar and Gambhir in the team and I do not mind Tamim playing even like Afridi.

shuziburo
December 8, 2010, 12:51 PM

I cannot believe you have selected Tamim for discussing rash shots! BD team is full of them. Tamim at least his everything solidly and gives less chances than the ones who don't make solid contacts.

Furthermore, Tamim's best scores came when he attacked the bowling with a vengeance. Whenever he started in defensive mindset, he eventually lost his wicket. However, he is the most talented batsman in the current team and is willing to learn (unlike some other talented batsman). I think we have seen nothing from Tamim yet. If he fulfills his promise, he will be one of the best opening batsman of all time. Whether he will, only time will tell.

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 01:23 PM
:D

Tamim can be compared more with Gayle than with Sehwag. Being a part of a strong batting line up, Sehwag has a very good backup force. Tamim or Gayle does not have that luxury. This makes their contribution to the team more important. Just give me a Tendulkar and Gambhir in the team and I do not mind Tamim playing even like Afridi.
Pun intended :-p

BTW Sehwag was not even consistent as tamim when initially, but now he's a matchwinner for us. I'm sure Tamim will get better with age. But even if Tamim scores a 300, what's the use if rest can't muster up 100 runs? And you're being pretty harsh on the kid imo. You didn't say how Kayes is more responsible than tamim anyways?

shakibrulz
December 8, 2010, 01:25 PM
Tamim = Score runs & gift wicket away.
Rest = Block Block Block and the inevitable brain fart.

Hence Tamim>Rest. Simples.

Shamim Mia
December 8, 2010, 03:19 PM

are you referering to sehwag when you mention "throws his wicket away" if you do, i think you have watched a different sehwag, and if you refer to Tamim I dont know any other openning batsmen in bangladesh who can bat better like him!

bujhee kom
December 8, 2010, 03:44 PM
This is my list:

Our best player: Shakib
2nd best: Tamim
3rd best: Mushfiqur
4th best: Very tough/None
5th best: None

we need at least 3-4 more top level players to have a decent team. I mean we need 11 top players to have a great team, but I was just saying with even 6-7 your chance of winning matches will much improve than the current only 3 which is of course better than 1 or none. I think Rokibul could be a star, he is far from it right now, but I believe he has that potential. Naeem might also have the potential to be a big star I believe.

I wander if future youth like Anamul, Shabbir, Noor could be real star and prove to fill these gaps that I see. I don't know./ I am just thinking.

Shamim Mia
December 14, 2010, 04:41 AM
Guys, still time to change your mind? Tamim Voters, Vote Now, 95 was a good score!

Shaan
December 14, 2010, 05:07 AM
Guys, still time to change your mind? Tamim Voters, Vote Now, 95 was a good score!
Shamim baijaan, Off topic Kapalir naamta tik vabe likun apnar fav list-e !!

;)

Habib
December 14, 2010, 05:20 AM

Vai hoise. Apnake r Tamim er dalali korte hobe na.

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 10:54 AM
Shakib : Winning captain and Man of the series vs. NZ in 4-0 series. Leading ODI wicket taker for 2010 (46). #1 ODI all rounder of the year. 2 centuries & 8 half centuries across the formats. Three 4-fors in ODIs and Two 5-fors in Tests. Crossed 100 ODI wicket mark and 100 ODI milestone

Tamim : Wisden Test cricketer of the year. Back to back centuries in Test matches. Five consecutive 50+ test innings. 151 vs. India (1st BD player to break 150 in both formats). Highest G8 score in ODIs (125). 4/11 in all formats for century/half century.

Kayes : Highest ODI run scorer for the year in ODI. 1/7 in all formats

Junaid : 2/7 across formats. Crossed 1K ODI mark

Razzak : Hatrick vs. ZIM. Man of the series vs. ZIM with 13 wickets. 1st to cross 150 ODI wicket mark

Shahadat : Two 5-fors and 1st on the Lords honour board

Mash : Winning captain and man of the match in win vs. ENG ODI

Mushy : 1/5 across formats and probably more drops/misses than dismissals

Mahmadullah : 1/5 across formats

Shuvo : man of the match vs. NZ

Rubel : Man of the match vs. NZ and 1 5-for in tests and 1 4-for in ODI

Shafiul : Three 4-fors in ODIsand test half century

Raqibul : 2 ODI half centuries

Ash : 1 half century in ODIs and one in T20

Nafees : 1 ODI half century

Naeem : 1 Test half century

my vote goes to Robiul Islam for his solitary test :D

Shamim Mia
December 15, 2010, 07:59 AM
Shamim baijaan, Off topic Kapalir naamta tik vabe likun apnar fav list-e !!

;)

dont worry about the name

Shamim Mia
December 15, 2010, 08:00 AM
Shakib : Winning captain and Man of the series vs. NZ in 4-0 series. Leading ODI wicket taker for 2010 (46). #1 ODI all rounder of the year. 2 centuries & 8 half centuries across the formats. Three 4-fors in ODIs and Two 5-fors in Tests. Crossed 100 ODI wicket mark and 100 ODI milestone

Tamim : Wisden Test cricketer of the year. Back to back centuries in Test matches. Five consecutive 50+ test innings. 151 vs. India (1st BD player to break 150 in both formats). Highest G8 score in ODIs (125). 4/11 in all formats for century/half century.

Kayes : Highest ODI run scorer for the year in ODI. 1/7 in all formats

Junaid : 2/7 across formats. Crossed 1K ODI mark

Razzak : Hatrick vs. ZIM. Man of the series vs. ZIM with 13 wickets. 1st to cross 150 ODI wicket mark

Shahadat : Two 5-fors and 1st on the Lords honour board

Mash : Winning captain and man of the match in win vs. ENG ODI

Mushy : 1/5 across formats and probably more drops/misses than dismissals

Mahmadullah : 1/5 across formats

Shuvo : man of the match vs. NZ

Rubel : Man of the match vs. NZ and 1 5-for in tests and 1 4-for in ODI

Shafiul : Three 4-fors in ODIsand test half century

Raqibul : 2 ODI half centuries

Ash : 1 half century in ODIs and one in T20

Nafees : 1 ODI half century

Naeem : 1 Test half century

my vote goes to Robiul Islam for his solitary test :D