PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Shakib once again!!!

amar11432
December 6, 2010, 01:42 AM
Here is a shout out to the ice-man (& the mighty atom) for saving BD's face once again (from 71/4 to 207/5). Almost single-handedly coming to the rescue time and again... What an epic player. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

PoorFan
December 6, 2010, 01:44 AM
Thank you .. yeah for sccop or paddle sweep to get out these days.

magic boy
December 6, 2010, 01:47 AM
not only just Shakib also thanx to Mushi for picking up from sudden collapse to fight able score ....Both played good..bravo

al Furqaan
December 6, 2010, 01:54 AM
but you lose major sissy points for failing to take the batting PP at all...and failing to score easy runs there. just 4 wickets down...100+ partnership, how much more "set" do u have to be???

we got lucky that mpofu bowled 5 wides, otherwise we'd be stuck at 240 instead of knocking on 250. we batted slightly better than crappy in this PP and came away with 44 runs.

this won't happen against better sides.

shakibrulz
December 6, 2010, 01:54 AM
Another great innings under pressure by Iceman.. Was really calm, composed and chanceless :bravo:
But should've made use of the powerplays better, I hate to see him scoop.

Mushy got a couple of lives but made it count.. So well done Mushy too.

22Yards
December 6, 2010, 01:56 AM
I like this post better than which you made last time "Raquibul the beast" ... I was like sure ?

Nadim
December 6, 2010, 02:07 AM
Thank you for you 70 odd:clap:

BUT

No thank you for taking the pp way too late:mad:

reyme
December 6, 2010, 02:45 AM
Very Well Done!!

Batting PP should be the concern of the coach.

crickwizard
December 6, 2010, 03:24 AM
Like the maturity today of using more pace bowlers when he can. Although Razzak did so well but Shakib kept the spinners in confidence and provided opportunity to pacers today. Very impressive indeed

betaar
December 6, 2010, 03:46 AM
Definitely very good batting. But sending Shuvo before Mash was a idiotic one. So far very good field placing.

What stood out is Shakib's selfness today with the ball. He gave pretty much everyone a chance to bowl before him knowing that he's only few wickets away from reaching his 50 wickets for the year. :notworthy:

simon
December 6, 2010, 03:54 AM
Sakib is in prime form.
I wonder if Sakib shld come to bat early & make bigger impact or am I asking too much or the change of his position will hurt him?
Anyway,well done but shldn't play those scoop shots,cld hv got a century here.

Shaan
December 6, 2010, 03:54 AM
not only just Shakib also thanx to Mushi for picking up from sudden collapse to fight able score ....Both played good..bravo
Shakib looks so much better batsman after playing for the Worcs..happy to see him doing really well in batting.
These two(Mushy, Shakib) have good chemistry while batting together..I have noticed that from their U-19 world cup !!
Mushy still need to work on his rush up shots initial stage of his innings as far he is very capable of play singles and doubles. He did really great work so far behind the stump today.

Naimul_Hd
December 6, 2010, 05:59 AM
I am still not happy with his Power play decisions !! PP should have been taken while Mushy was on the crease !! He cant think defensive all the time where it comes to PP !!

shakibrulz
December 6, 2010, 06:01 AM
I am still not happy with his Power play decisions !! PP should have been taken while Mushy was on the crease !! He cant think defensive all the time where it comes to PP !!
Agree with this. Wish someone had (Isam) asked him about this :-/ That said he didn't bat well in the powerplay either.

Tanjim
December 6, 2010, 06:17 AM
I think Masrafe should change his batting order and come before Shuvo to use the powerplay.today if mash came at no 8 in place of Shuvo,he could play some big shots and add more runs.Shuvo scored 8 from 9 balls but if mash could play those 9 balls he would definately scored more.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

crickwizard
December 6, 2010, 07:07 AM
Shuvo is useless, he should be replaced by Mahmudullah

shajib14
December 6, 2010, 07:52 AM
Shuvo is useless, he should be replaced by Mahmudullah

Not Mahmudullah; it should be Shabbir to replace him

ashraful1
December 6, 2010, 08:46 AM
For some reason when Shakib does well with the bat he doesn't do so well wiv the ball, although Shakib wasn't at his best with the ball he still got a wicket!!

ashraful1
December 6, 2010, 08:47 AM
Shovu and his fielding wa good tho.

lamisa
December 6, 2010, 09:00 AM
why do we need a new congratulations thread after every other match???

mij
December 6, 2010, 09:32 AM
One of the best recovery I seen by Bangladesh today. 71/4 to 246 at the end. Thats how should be playing, take only 1, 2s until you are there.

shakibrulz
December 6, 2010, 11:23 AM
One of the best recovery I seen by Bangladesh today.
16/4 to 210/9
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/343762.html

97/4 to 241 AO
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/476599.html

Shakib the only one to get 50+ scores in both. Legend IMO.

ialbd
December 6, 2010, 11:31 AM
lets save our congratulation threads for sth else...

the way Shakib has shown us that he is made of a complete different material than rest of the Bangladeshi squad, we need to think of a better way to show our appreciation. Simple Congrats & Thanks sounds too ordinary for Shakib.... :)

Night_wolf
December 6, 2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks to the al mighty Allah and shakib's father and mother for this wonder gift known as shakib to our nation

Rabz
December 6, 2010, 01:48 PM
Thank you for the umpteenth time.

mhj007
December 6, 2010, 03:06 PM
thanks..iceman.

roman
December 6, 2010, 03:09 PM
I have been thanking him so much for the last few days and now I kinda got tired of thanking him :)

Haru-party
December 6, 2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks to the al mighty Allah and shakib's father and mother for this wonder gift known as shakib to our nation

great post

rinathq
December 6, 2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks Shakib,
I must say his bowling changes have been amazing this series :)

nycpro96
December 6, 2010, 04:01 PM
He's so frikkin clutch. All i can really say. Really played a gem today.

Murad
December 6, 2010, 05:09 PM

Agree with this. Wish someone had (Isam) asked him about this :-/ That said he didn't bat well in the powerplay either.

"We didn't take the Powerplay earlier because we don't do well in it," Shakib said. "If we took it earlier, the innings would've been over earlier. I don't think we did too badly [today]; we scored over 40 and anything over 50 is good. We played 10 dot balls in this Powerplay, so if a boundary came off one of those balls, it would have been better."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-zimbabwe-2010/content/current/story/490727.html

Raynman
December 7, 2010, 03:37 PM
I posted this in the match thread the other day but

Has Shakib been successful to date with that scoop shot?

A few things that seem to stick out:

- Shakib gets tired shortly after his half century and starts playing lazy strokes
- He is a lazy runner (not as bad as Bashar but still)
- Naeem always does a shoulder/back stretch before going for a slog. If that isn't premeditation, not sure what is
- The players always seem to come in with a mindset(instructed maybe ?) of if they are going to play a rash (Mushy in 3rd ODI) or a test innings (Junaid, Rokibul in most cases)
- All of our top 4 (TI, IK, JS, Rokibul, Ash or whoever) seems to love keeping the strike and barely looks to take singles to rotate the strike. It almost seems like the runner initiates the run so he can get the strike.

Night_wolf
December 7, 2010, 09:10 PM
^i'll not put shakib as lazy but yah he runs out of juice pretty easily..thats a prob..where other batsmen would finish the game of he gets out tired