PDA

View Full Version : Mushy takes up bowling (-

Zunaid
December 6, 2010, 07:33 AM
Even though, Mush had mostly be a good day with the gloves today, man BC members do no consider him fit for his wicketkeeping role. To bolster his credentials and make sure he is indispensable to the team, he has also taken up bowling as none other than Cricinfo attests. Great bowling in today's game! Mushy is truly a renaissance man.

Note: This is a real screenshot from Cricinfo. I had forgotten who, but someone on BC chat pointed this out. Sorry, I forgot who. Nadim? Mahir?

Note: (- is my emoticon for tongue in cheek.

http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/banglacricket/mushybowls.png

simon
December 6, 2010, 07:36 AM
:lol:

Naimul_Hd
December 6, 2010, 07:40 AM
Send this to cricinfo and let them know how crap their Indian commentators are !

Mahir
December 6, 2010, 08:25 AM
Nadim did... though I had fun poking at Nadim all the way! :)

lamisa
December 6, 2010, 08:56 AM
what the???

Mahmood
December 6, 2010, 09:03 AM
I guess Sakib is so tall and Mushy is so short, its very easy to get confused between them... Specially since we all Bangladeshis look alike to the Indians.

roman
December 6, 2010, 09:08 AM
cricinfo at its best...

Raynman
December 6, 2010, 09:16 AM
To be fair, I'm sure they have some sort of automated system where based on the inputs, these are auto generated. Mistakes happen and for the real time expectations they have to meet, these tid bit mistakes don't bother me much.

I for one am greatful for cricinfo and the service they provide for cricket fans around the world.

For those that are so offended by the 'Indian commentators' on cricinfo, have you considered boycotting the site and not using it for your cricket related experience?

Zunaid
December 6, 2010, 09:16 AM
To be fair, I ascribe this to a data entry typo. I believe most of the commentary components are automated. You select the bowler #, the batsman #, run scored either via a pulldown or a text-box. I bet there is also a textarea for free form commentary. What I believe was the comm punched 5 (Mushy) instead of 4 (Shakib) for 3 consecutive balls. Ascribing the error to the nationality of the commentator is in extreme poor taste.

Mahir
December 6, 2010, 10:06 AM
What Dr. Z said - there's nothing to pick on the commentator here. It was a simple silly mistake on his part, just like we always make typos. It would be too difficult to survive without CricInfo, and certainly the nationality of those who contribute to that site never bother me... I'm sure the screenshot was put up simply to share a laugh with Mushy's divided fans and the little guy's troubles with glovework at times. And also that it was only too amusing to "see" him take up bowling as well!

Baundule
December 6, 2010, 10:18 AM
That's a good find, although such typos are very common and this is not the first time cricinfo did it. Their commentators do a great job, sometimes biased; but overall they have a good sense of humor and knows how to make things interesting, especially in a rain-affected match.

On a serious note, Mushy needs to bowl sometimes to know how the bowlers feel of a dropped catch or a missed stumping.

Night_wolf
December 6, 2010, 11:35 AM
haha..crapinfo lost its head!

wasi_ahmed
December 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
One screenshot I took during a Division 2 country match involving Worcestershire.

http://i55.tinypic.com/1z2n1gm.jpg

Odhora
December 6, 2010, 12:14 PM
হাহাহাহাহাহাহা!

বহুত মজা পাইলাম।

Rabz
December 6, 2010, 12:15 PM
I saw this today and posted on match thread.
Wondering what the hec was going on, keeping in mind it could well be some typo.

meazz1
December 6, 2010, 01:29 PM
No big deal. No need to get all bent out of shape over such a minute issue.
Life goes on.

ialbd
December 6, 2010, 01:39 PM
Original cricinfo comm... ;)

40.2 Shakib Al Hasan to Price, no run, comes forward and defends to the onside. Bowler Shakib walks up to the Keeper Mushfiqur Rahim and discusses something. Mushfiq is taking off his keeping pads now. Commentator Athar Ali Khan says 'Oh My Word'. Shakib Al Hasan mentioned in various press conferences about his burning desire to keep in an actual international match to become the ultimate all-rounder. But we are just speechless here, we cant even say 'Oh My Word' now.

Haru-party
December 6, 2010, 02:56 PM
hahahah valoi to

al-Sagar
December 6, 2010, 03:48 PM
ha ha ha ...

Zeeshan
December 6, 2010, 04:19 PM
First Ashminator...now photoshopping this? Doc is desperate. :p

edit: j/k good capture