PDA

View Full Version : Why Shuvo keeps coming at #8 ?!!!

Eshen
December 6, 2010, 04:25 PM
I know everyone is in a good mood after two straight wins, but I still can't help but rant on this issue - why in the world Shuvo keeps coming ahead of Mash, Raz, and Shafi?! What's so hard for Siddons to see the other three are much better hitter of the ball than Shuvo is?!

I know Shuvo got couple of good scores in domestics, but he totally looks out of his depth (with bat) in ODIs!

Fazal
December 6, 2010, 04:39 PM
I can understand why want Shuvo to bat before all the bowlers, but really don;t understand why the team management (Coach/Captian) have to be so rigit with the batting order regardless of the situation.

For example if we are close to last five overs, Mashrafee and Raazak (and in future) Saiful should bat ahead to take advatage.

We are too rigit how we use the batting order as well as how we use power play.

So my question is not why Shuvo is in #8, but rather why we stick with the original batting order and fail to take advantage of the situation?

al Furqaan
December 6, 2010, 04:53 PM
our game plan is rigid...our batting order is rigid. Mash ahead of shuvo could have added another 10 runs to our total. i'll bet the think tank already has our India match coin toss decision planned out right now and Shakib should let his balls do the talking and make the right decision at coin toss...but im sure that won't happen.

imtiaz82
December 6, 2010, 05:50 PM
Shuvo needs to be dropped from the team,he is going to have 0 impact against teams like India and England in Worldcup. Hopefully Mahmudullah will get back to form by then, his batting is way better than Shuvo's and his bowling is decent..

beshideshi
December 6, 2010, 06:28 PM
Agreed Shuvo should not have come before Mash today, but that's not his fault it was the management's. But I think we have to be a bit more patient with Shuvo, he averages 20~ is FC/List A compared to Shak's 29~. Shuvo is doing an alright job and with a bit more experience he will become a much better bowler.

ashraful1
December 6, 2010, 06:31 PM
I agree felt like I could give him one more game n 2day was that day, didn't bowl to well n back to the point of the bigger teams like India yes they will smash him all over the ground, Nayeem should of got a chance to bowl 2day, I really feel like trying the riyad Nayeem option again just one more time before the world cup really strongly believe they can add depth to the team and together be the fifth bowling option.

HereWeGo
December 6, 2010, 07:21 PM
Lets face it, bangladesh always looked best with 3 left arm spinners...Shuvo would definatel make an impact....his batting is not great but his bowling and feilding is superb....mahmudullah can only play if he bats at 4...he is useless with bat at 7 (unless its a batting paradise), less useful with the ball than shuvo and no comparison to shuvo in the field...

Night_wolf
December 6, 2010, 09:28 PM
shovo has a good fc record which suggest he can bat..i think thats why he was given chances before the bowlers..if we can get another allrounder out of him its all good

lamisa
December 7, 2010, 11:33 AM
or na koi jani 90+ SR??

shuziburo
December 7, 2010, 01:43 PM
I like Shuvo's bowling, although he should attack the offstamp a bit more.

In BD, everything, including the batting order, is rigid (except when it is not). We need a strong captain a.l.a. Dada or Imran Khan to change that in cricket.

Night_wolf
December 7, 2010, 09:17 PM
I like Shuvo's bowling, although he should attack the offstamp a bit more.

In BD, everything, including the batting order, is rigid (except when it is not). We need a strong captain a.l.a. Dada or Imran Khan to change that in cricket.

we have shakib finaly

zainab
December 8, 2010, 06:44 AM
Shuvo is no good, fielding, bowling and batting crappy, Riad is a better bet than him. He should not be playing international cricket at the moment.

Nadim
December 8, 2010, 06:48 AM
Shuvo is no good, fielding, bowling and batting crappy, Riad is a better bet than him. He should not be playing international cricket at the moment.

Zainab, I'm dead sure you haven't watched Shuvo yet.

He is miles ahead than Riyad in bowling. And in fielding he is probably one of the best we have in the team atm.

About the batting, he is not a AR so i don't know why some ppl are crying out loud and asking him to drop for his batting :mad:.

mij
December 8, 2010, 06:49 AM

M ullah should only play test match.

Habib
December 8, 2010, 09:03 AM
M ullah should only play test match.

Well, an in form Mahmudullah should play in all forms of cricket.

imtiaz82
December 8, 2010, 10:13 AM
Well we can always pick the playing 11 based on the opposition we are facing. For teams like Zimbabwe who are extremely week against spin, Shuvo is fine. But against teams like India, Srilanka having a better batsman like Mahmadullah (who can also bowl a bit) is probably a better choice.

Equinox
December 8, 2010, 11:01 AM
Well, an in form Mahmudullah should play in all forms of cricket.
What is an "in form" Mahmudullah? That one series against India and Sri Lanka? He shouldn't be anywhere near the ODI or T20 teams. How can you have a SR of 67 and 63 in ODIs and T20 batting at no. 7 and 8. Pathetic. Worse than Rokibul.

I am a big fan of his batting. And in full flow he is our best batsman to watch. He deserves to bat at #5 in Tests but should not be considered for one-dayers any more.