PDA

View Full Version : Tamim Iqbal - the miracle of Chittagong

Naimul_Hd
December 10, 2010, 10:10 AM
Saw someone posting this news in one of FB group. Not sure if anybody here shared it or not. It was published during English tour. Nice read :)

The 21-year-old batsman would walk into any Test side and is just one reason why Bangladesh belong at cricket's top table, writes Jon Gemmell

Cricket Chittagong is home to Bangladesh's main seaport making it the country's major commercial centre and second largest city.

It is surrounded by hills which provide an opportune setting to stage a revolt. A guerilla outfit, the Republican Army, staged an uprising against the British Raj in 1930 and sought to capture the city's two main armouries.

During the Bangladesh Liberation War the city witnessed some of the heaviest fighting and was the venue for the first public announcement declaring independence.

Following independence the city underwent a major rebuilding programme.

The wider reconstruction process involved the promotion of sports as a means of uniting the people behind a political project and forging a sense of national unity.

Within just 25 years, one of the poorest regions of the subcontinent had gone from being part of India to a remote member of Pakistan to independent Bangladesh. Seeing the role that cricket played in post-colonial India and Pakistan it was expected that it would surpass football as the new country's national sport.

Bangladesh are the most recent side to be granted Test match status and are a young team not just in the years they have been playing Test cricket - 10 - but also in their current squad which includes 12 players who are aged 23 or less. England by contrast have just two.

It's fair to say that progress has been sluggish in the five-day format but to continue to have questions raised about their international status is insensitive if not a little boorish, especially when you consider that it took India 20 years to win a Test match and New Zealand 26.

How would we know if a side were good enough if they were not allowed to play against the best teams?

The concern today would be that a side denied international status would focus instead on the shorter format of the sport which could only undermine Test cricket in the long term.

Chittagong is also the birthplace of the explosive opening batter Tamim Iqbal. The inventive cricketer scored two hundreds in the recent series against England to match scores of 86, 85 and 52 in the home series against England last March.

To remove Bangladesh's Test match status would deprive the cricket-loving public of a player who has the aptitude and the self-belief to rewrite the chapter in the coaching manual that deals with the attributes of the opening batter.

Aged only 21, he already has some impressive statistics. He scored 84 in his debut Test, against New Zealand in Dunedin in January, 2008, and his maiden Test century against the West Indies last year.

On March 13 2010, while batting against England, he became the second youngest player in Test history, behind Sachin Tendulkar, to reach 1,000 runs. The inevitable comparisons will be made with the Indian genius, but in fact Iqbal has more in common with the expressive Virender Sehwag or Chris Gayle.

His style seems more suited to one-day cricket, employing a number of shots that leave you both bewildered and foreseeing his downfall.

There is also a sense of injustice that provides steel to Iqbal's temperament. He credited remarks from Geoffrey Boycott that Bangladesh were not worthy of Test status for the brutal hundred that he scored in the second innings at Lord's.

Supporters will need to remain cautious. Many will recall Mohammad Ashraful's destruction of Australian bowling in a one-day international at Cardiff in 2005, and the expectations that he would propel Bangladesh to cricket's high table.

However, the Tigers now have a player who strikes trepidation into his opponents.

This was evident in the field England set to him at the start of his first innings at Old Trafford. Two slips and a gully speaks more of containment than attack, and is more likely in the 25th over than the first.

Michael Vaughan believes that Iqbal would get into any current Test side while Vic Marks described him as "arguably the most charismatic batsman on the planet."

There is little room for sentiment in international sport, but to argue that Bangladesh don't belong is callous.

Their propensity to collapse is a worry, but two of those occasions against England were assisted by alien conditions that can be overcome by playing more not less.

They have certainly provided more entertainment and given England better competition than the West Indies who filled a similar role last year.

It will be a fortunate county that hires the prolific Iqbal.

To his and Bangladesh's detractors, consider that half of its population live on less than $1.25 a day and half of its children aged under five are underweight and then marvel that there is a side at all.

SOURCE (http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/news/content/view/full/91317)

shuziburo
December 10, 2010, 10:52 AM
Very good article. Very astute point that BD needs to play test matches to improve in this version. BD now has three players that will make the World XI, at least for the ODI. TI, SAH, and AR.

Night_wolf
December 10, 2010, 11:25 AM
Michael Vaughan believes that Iqbal would get into any current Test side while Vic Marks described him as "arguably the most charismatic batsman on the planet."

WOW!...thats something!

Ajfar
December 10, 2010, 11:33 AM
The part about Tamim Iqbal is good but I don't understand why the article had to start off with our history and what not. I don't get the connection. And why are each paragraph like 2 lines long. Is this something new? Some of them are just lines, there is no flow between the writing. I'm sorry but this is some horrible writing. English is not my thing but I think this article needs a lot of work

example:
The concern today would be that a side denied international status would focus instead on the shorter format of the sport which could only undermine Test cricket in the long term.

Chittagong is also the birthplace of the explosive opening batter Tamim Iqbal. The inventive cricketer scored two hundreds in the recent series against England to match scores of 86, 85 and 52 in the home series against England last March.One moment the guy is talking about test status and next he is off to Tamim's birth place?

Naimul_Hd
December 10, 2010, 11:38 AM
The part about Tamim Iqbal is good but I don't understand why the article had to start off with our history and what not. I don't get the connection. And why are each paragraph like 2 lines long. Is this something new?

BC's new wide layout actually made each paragraph look like 2 liners ! :)

Yasin.
December 10, 2010, 12:34 PM
Tamim Iqbal is a very good player but any test team?

Not India definitely.

DJ Sahastra
December 10, 2010, 12:50 PM
Tamim and Shakib, while rising to the status of superstars of BD cricket, have also made a reputation for themselves at the international stage. Hopefully, they will continue to enhance that reputation.

Hopefully, they will learn from the debacle of other admired and well-known BD superstar cricketer, Md Ashraful and keep their focus to where it should be. The fall from the peak is often a free-fall and leaves no friends or supporters.

Habib
December 10, 2010, 01:21 PM
The part about Tamim Iqbal is good but I don't understand why the article had to start off with our history and what not. I don't get the connection. And why are each paragraph like 2 lines long. Is this something new? Some of them are just lines, there is no flow between the writing. I'm sorry but this is some horrible writing. English is not my thing but I think this article needs a lot of work

example:
One moment the guy is talking about test status and next he is off to Tamim's birth place?

Same here.

magic boy
December 10, 2010, 01:26 PM
Tamim has a final exam to sit for. The World Cup 2011. Then I will decide how to define him.

bujhee kom
December 10, 2010, 02:33 PM
Tamim Iqbal Khan...that is my other main man!

wiseshah
December 10, 2010, 02:41 PM

Not India definitely.

india is overrated team, indian media over hyped and BCCI is most strong board in financiallly and they arrange unlimited matches against srilanka and make pitch super batting friendly.

DJ Sahastra
December 10, 2010, 03:09 PM
india is overrated team, indian media over hyped and BCCI is most strong board in financiallly and they arrange unlimited matches against srilanka and make pitch super batting friendly.

Please explain :

1. How India is over-rated
2. How BCCI arranging unlimited matches against SL helps India (as if SL is a mediocre side) or helps India in being overrated.
3. How does super batting friendly pitches help India (unless you are forgetting that India has to take 20 wickets on those 'super batting friendly' pitches).
4. How batting pitches in India are worse than the one that England played against Australia (so far) or the one that SA played against Pakistan.
5. Why is it necessary to show your anti-India emotions at the drop of the hat, for something that India has nothing to do with or about.
6. What has this thread got to do with India-bashing?

Holden
December 10, 2010, 03:53 PM

Not India definitely.

He may not get to be first choice but I would have him ahead of Murali Vijay, when resting either Sehwag or Ghambir.

munnabhai
December 10, 2010, 04:19 PM

The discussion here is about Tamim Iqbal, I personally believe Tamim will never get into the Indian squad, look at the averages of the openers in the Indian squad for both ODI's and Test. Tamim's average is nothing compared to the batting legends especially in ODI's (very disappointing after 88 ODIs) .

Tamim is a good player but he has a long way to go. It's not as if he scored a double century, he needs to build up his patience and stamina like Cook, Smith, Gambhir, Tamim also needs a consistent opening partner in Test. Imrul Kayes is not the answer in Test, he has a horrible Test record, it's a shame that we con't come up with a decent partner in Test for him. An average of 17.42 after 13 matches 26 Innings with only one 50, a record like this would even put Mohammed Ashraful to shame.

Murad
December 10, 2010, 04:21 PM
Miracle? lol

Zeeshan
December 10, 2010, 05:56 PM
No mention of author's name?

p.s. May be I am being swayed by bd_sy bhaias comment but what the hell is up with the conclusion? Incoherent.

betaar
December 10, 2010, 05:57 PM
Please explain :

2. How BCCI arranging unlimited matches against SL helps India (as if SL is a mediocre side) or helps India in being overrated.
3. How does super batting friendly pitches help India (unless you are forgetting that India has to take 20 wickets on those 'super batting friendly' pitches).
4. How batting pitches in India are worse than the one that England played against Australia (so far) or the one that SA played against Pakistan.
5. Why is it necessary to show your anti-India emotions at the drop of the hat, for something that India has nothing to do with or about.

Cause:
1. India is rated over BD by ICC
2. SL is a crap team and we get beaten by them all the time.
3. India doesn't have to take any oppositions' wickets as they bat for all 5 days and get their averages high.
4. They are not worse than Australia, they are better, just better for batting.
5. Jake dekhte nari tar cholon baka
6. Some claimed Tamim was half Indian after his batting against India in the last WC.

Anyone else brave enough to answer DJ? :-p

Ajfar
December 10, 2010, 06:30 PM
Some of you guys are taking their comments way over the top. When they say Tamim can be part of any test team, they just mean that is a high quality player that's all nothing more.

Wiseshah bhai ajaira mara mari shuru koren keno. You didn't even reply to that person's post. You just highlighted "Not India Definitely" but in your response you didn't make one counter argument as to why you think Tamim can walk into the Indian test team. Instead you just posted a bunch of statement which you really can't back up with any actual proof.

Brit-boy
December 10, 2010, 06:38 PM
Miracle? lol

lol.. U thinkin wht Im think, bro.. its abit too much (da miracle part of the thread title)...lol
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Brit-boy
December 10, 2010, 06:41 PM
Tamz a very good playa, very good young talent bt I'v been disapointd with him alot times in ODIs this year tbh...

22Yards
December 10, 2010, 09:55 PM
for a player who debuted in 2007 and its been only 3 years in the international arena for him who's creating such a buzz is an achievement itself. If only his initial performance were anywhere close to the latter, we may say his average could be somewhere in the 45+ mark now in equity with Virat Kohli who debuted in 2008.

Night_wolf
December 10, 2010, 11:12 PM
T

Tamim is a good player but he has a long way to go. It's not as if he scored a double century, he needs to build up his patience and stamina like Cook

ya..totally agree..and this goes for not only tamim but every bd player..we have seen even shakib gets out after scoring 50 out of tiredness..

shakibrulz
December 10, 2010, 11:57 PM
The only player who can walk into any team right now is Iceman IMO.

firstlane
December 11, 2010, 12:40 AM
Please explain :

1. Indian fans claim that they are the best team in the world right now. The current ranking system might have put them in the no1 position. But the fact is india never won a test series in AUS & SA. Indian fans think so high of their opening pair. They call shewag a modern day great. My question is how many of shehwag's double centuries was scored outside subcontinent? They only won the world cup once which was a fluke at that time. They couldn't wind a world cup in last 27 years wheras australia won 3 times. And when they won the t20 world cup they acted like they won a world war or something-

http://d374igicznxcha.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/Cricket-in-India-is-Over-hyped..jpg

Indians wonder why people question about the ICC ranking system when india became no1, the same ranking system was used for australia. The answer is simple- people are not convinced, they think india dont deserve to be the no1. The quality of their domestic cricket is not so good as aus, eng or sa as well. Indian cricket is all about hype- the public, the media, the bollywood all hype their cricket. Because this is the only sport they are good at.

2. They pile on runs what makes their batsmen look geniuses. And winning against SL is comparetively easier than winning against AUS (of old), SA, Eng or even pakistan which helps the ranking.

3. As I said before, super friendly batting pitches help indian batsmen scoring centuries & double centuries (which ganguly too once took advantage of) in tests whereas they would undoubtedly struggle in pace friendly wickets and in ODIs and T20s it means more 4s and 6s which means more money eventually.

4. a. Please don't compare australian pitches with indians. When they say australian pitches are getting flatter they say it in comparison with the old day australian wickets not with indian wickets. And for your information England piled on runs solely because of australian bowlers' inability to take wickets, not beacuse of flat pitches. England bundled out Australia for 245, 304 & 481.
b. In SA vs Pak series there was only one score of 500+ and that was done assumably by SA.

5. India has been the only "cricket loving nation" who ungratefully denied us an invitation for test series although they supported our bid for test status so they can get an extra vote in ICC. And recently one of their resonsible(!) cricketer has been bragging about how good they are and how ordinary we are forgetting their past. They are turning cricket into a monopoly business- proof is our exclusion from Champions Leage. These are just the cricketing reasons.

6. Irrelevant question now since you actively got involved in it by asking six unnecessary questions.

shakibrulz
December 11, 2010, 01:51 AM
@firstlane's rant
1. Good way to generalize. Do you realize that India's population is about 100 crores and people are bound to have different opinion? And as for Sehwag being a modern day great, is pretty debatable. Show me any other batsman, who has such an amazing s/r and piles on runs at an average of over 54? Even an FTB will do. And if sehwag was an FTB, kindly explain his average of 50+ in Australia.

And who claimed that we are as dominant as WI/Aus? We are the best and most consistent perforrmers among the current nations, hence we are no. 1. And what the hell is wrong with that pic? Shall I post the pic of BD prime minister offering rewards for players for winning a mere series against NZ?

2. SL is one of the better sides currently, and was ranked at No. 2 in tests till recently.

3. Dude again, WE HAVE TO TAKE 20 WICKETS TO WIN A MATCH. If all we had were flat tracks, we shouldn't have even won a series at home right?

4. Or can we say that it is just because of Australian batsmen being crap? Just reminding you that Siddle bowled the best spell of this whole Ashes season. And Pak has one of the weakest batting units around, and still an attack of Steyn, Morkel etc couldn't take 20 wickets?

5. Who is that cricketer? Aren't players allowed to express their personal opinion?

firstlane
December 11, 2010, 03:00 AM
@firstlane's rant

Aren't players allowed to express their personal opinion?

So am I. why is mine be called a 'rant' then?

1. Show me any other batsman, who has such an amazing s/r and piles on runs at an average of over 54? Even an FTB will do. And if sehwag was an FTB, kindly explain his average of 50+ in Australia.

Mike Hussey averages 50+ as well and plays a more important role in saving or winning tests for australia. But people havn't started calling him a 'grteat' yet. No doubt Shewag is a good batsmen and he has the potential to be a great. But calling him a "Modern Day Great" is overrated.

Shall I post the pic of BD prime minister offering rewards for players for winning a mere series against NZ?

You can't compare an apple with an orange. We only been playing professional cricket for last 10-15 years. And how long india been playing for? Besides this, the amount of money india pour into their cricketers cant be compared with that of BD. We had every right to celebrate a series whitewash that way. It was the first time we whitewashed a full strength top team. But the way india celebrated the t20 wc win was simply ridiculous. That sums up how little success india had in 80 odd years of playing cricket.

And the most important thing is we while we celebrate our victory, we appreciate others' success as well. We dont call them 'ordinary'.

2. SL is one of the better sides currently, and was ranked at No. 2 in tests till recently.

Thats my point is. SL was no. 2 as the same way india are no. 1 now. They never won a away series against top 3 teams but they became no. 2 ?

4. Or can we say that it is just because of Australian batsmen being crap? Just reminding you that Siddle bowled the best spell of this whole Ashes season.

how contradictory your comment is! When a australian bowler did well its his credit but when english bowlers did well its because aussie batsmen are crap.

And Pak has one of the weakest batting units around, and still an attack of Steyn, Morkel etc couldn't take 20 wickets?

If you havent noticed the test series happed in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, not in South Africa. They are not even a cricketing nation for gods sake. Now if you want to compare india with UAE its upto you.

5. Who is that cricketer?
you kidding, right?

DJ Sahastra
December 11, 2010, 03:05 AM
1. Indian fans claim that they are the best team in the world right now. The current ranking system might have put them in the no1 position. But the fact is india never won a test series in AUS & SA.
Firstly, No, it is NOT a claim. It is a fact that we are the no. 1 team and by a fair margin. It is not "The current ranking system might have put them in the no1 position". It is "They are the no. 1 team based on the current ranking system". There is no "might" here. And as for the ranking/rating system, it is the same system that puts Shakib as the #1 all-rounder and espouses tonnes of congratulatory message when a BD bowler or a batsman breaks into top 10 and i am sure you don't have a problem with the system then.

Indian fans think so high of their opening pair. They call shewag a modern day great. My question is how many of shehwag's double centuries was scored outside subcontinent?

It is not a question of "Indian fan" thinking. Shewag is acknowledged by both modern and past Test players spanning countries as someone special. You need to take out your anti-India glasses to see some things the way they are rather than how you want them to be.
And Indians fans have no less of a right to think high of their players than their bangla or any other counterparts.

They only won the world cup once which was a fluke at that time. They couldn't wind a world cup in last 27 years wheras australia won 3 times.

Well well well. Look who is talking! You win a match against a top-rated team, and that is not a fluke - rather a deserving win. But a team that beats all the top teams fair and square on the way to a title wins by "fluke". I know it is a meaningless question for a naive, but how can winning a world cup by defeating the former champions - twice, the former runner-up once and anyone who crossed the way, be a fluke. Please explain. Or, never mind.

And when they won the t20 world cup they acted like they won a world war or something-

Have you seen the forum everytime BD team wins? Wait - maybe you only follow Indian fans.

Indians wonder why people question about the ICC ranking system when india became no1, the same ranking system was used for australia. The answer is simple- people are not convinced, they think india dont deserve to be the no1.

People are not convinced that BD should be playing the Tests. Who cares? The fact is, BD is a Test playing nation. People who need to be convinced are convinced. Those who are not can live with whatever they believe. This is not a subjective interpretation but an official rank. Pakistan won the 1992 world cup despite losing to pretty much every team. Again, Who cares.
The quality of their domestic cricket is not so good as aus, eng or sa as well. Indian cricket is all about hype- the public, the media, the bollywood all hype their cricket. Because this is the only sport they are good at.

And you are an expert on Indian domestic cricket based on? And as for "this is the only sport they are good at", if i may humbly ask - how many sports are you good at?

2. They pile on runs what makes their batsmen look geniuses.
And it is their fault?

And winning against SL is comparetively easier than winning against AUS (of old), SA, Eng or even pakistan which helps the ranking.

Australia of the old may have been whatever. You are discussing the current rankings, aren't you? And last i checked, we had won against England both at home and abroad.

3. As I said before, super friendly batting pitches help indian batsmen scoring centuries & double centuries (which ganguly too once took advantage of) in tests whereas they would undoubtedly struggle in pace friendly wickets

Super batting pitches also help the opposition score centuries and double centuries. So what's your point?

and in ODIs and T20s it means more 4s and 6s which means more money eventually.

Again, what's your point?

4. a. Please don't compare australian pitches with indians. When they say australian pitches are getting flatter they say it in comparison with the old day australian wickets not with indian wickets. And for your information England piled on runs solely because of australian bowlers' inability to take wickets, not beacuse of flat pitches. England bundled out Australia for 245, 304 & 481.
b. In SA vs Pak series there was only one score of 500+ and that was done assumably by SA.
Right, they were not flat. It was just the australian and South African bowlers' inability to take wickets. Lets see:
Dec 1: Geoffrey Boycott on the Brisbane Pitch "It was so flat you could have played a timeless Test on it. I have never seen a Brisbane pitch as dead as the one that saw 624 runs scored for two wickets by both teams in the first Test."
Nov 24: Jacques Kallis slams 'flat' pitch ""It didn't really live up [to expectations] and you can probably play another Test match straight away and not get a result. The pitch was really flat."

But then, we don't need Boycott or Kallis to tell us how flat the pitches were, especially since we have your expert evaluation, don't we?
5. India has been the only "cricket loving nation" who ungratefully denied us an invitation for test series although they supported our bid for test status so they can get an extra vote in ICC.

You are confusing "cricket loving nation" with cricket control board. By your analogy, abuses heaped on "Lotus Kamal" should actually be heaped on "cricket loving nation" of Bangladesh.

And care to explain when did BCCI "deny" an invitation for test series against Bangladesh?

6. Irrelevant question now since you actively got involved in it by asking six unnecessary questions.

How can asking a contextual question ,when someone has made a statement, be irrelevant? And how can they be unnecessary when you took so much pains to try and somehow stitch together a reposte that smacks of hypocrisy at best and poor knowledge at worst.

DJ Sahastra
December 11, 2010, 03:50 AM

Mike Hussey averages 50+ as well and plays a more important role in saving or winning tests for australia. But people havn't started calling him a 'grteat' yet. No doubt Shewag is a good batsmen and he has the potential to be a great. But calling him a "Modern Day Great" is overrated.

You can't compare an apple with an orange. We only been playing professional cricket for last 10-15 years. And how long india been playing for? Besides this, the amount of money india pour into their cricketers cant be compared with that of BD. We had every right to celebrate a series whitewash that way. It was the first time we whitewashed a full strength top team. But the way india celebrated the t20 wc win was simply ridiculous. That sums up how little success india had in 80 odd years of playing cricket.

It is funny that someone compares Sehwag and Hussey and then talks about "apples and oranges".

Let me give you a little lesson in how you categorise apples and oranges.
1. An opener vs a Middle-Order Player
2. A strike rate of 82 vs a strike rate of - 44
3. 13 Mom+Mos Vs 4 Mom+Mos
4. 2 Triple Centuries Vs Not even a double Centuries
5. An impact player known to demoralise the opposition bowling in span of few overs vs an accumulator.
6. A player who is yet to even reach 5000 - the minimum for a batsman to even be recognised, with a player who is approaching 8000 - a league of achievers by any standard.

Boy, you are good with apples and oranges.

And the most important thing is we while we celebrate our victory, we appreciate others' success as well. We dont call them 'ordinary'.

For someone, who calls the others' World Cup win as a "fluke" tries to discredits their ranking and tries to trash their proven match-turner/match-winner, to say "we appreciate others' success as well" is bull_shitting of the highest order.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Boy, you are good with BS too. I am outta here.

Brit-boy
December 11, 2010, 03:56 AM
Off-topic.

Stay on the topic, LADZ.
Seen alot times people chat off-topic in threads (where its particularly tiltled for something)
What we need is a thread where people can chat/discuss about cricket, any matters, any issues etc, all in 1thread, no in particular title, dont we?
I'v got an idea, hope you guys will like this 2nd ever thread of mine on BC :)

DJ Sahastra
December 11, 2010, 04:02 AM
Brit-Boy,

As one of the guilty posters, my apologies. I had no intention to hijack this thread. I had just gotten way too sick of pointless India-bashing and had to let some steam out.

I have decided to stay out of this thread and hope it gets back on its original intent and discussion. Adios.

- DJ

shakibrulz
December 11, 2010, 04:42 AM

Because presuming you're referring to Sehwag, he's entitled to express what he thinks of BD team. And yes you're entitled to have your opinion, and it's my opinion that your post is just a random rant against India.

Sehwag is an opener, who's role is to set the tone of the match by giving a good start - and none does that better than him. And no one instills the fear in bowlers like Sehwag, be it Mike hussey or anyone else. That's what makes Sehwag great. Check what Viv Richards had to say about Viru.

What was ridiculous? It was a goddamn worldcup dude.. Winning it's inaugral edition is no joke.

:lol: How can you call someone ordinary when you're the bottom ranked team? Not that I agree with Sehwag's remark in public, but hey that's the way he is. He has no grudge against anyone, but the guy calls a spade a spade, it may come across as a bit harsh for some. You'll never see Sachin, Dravid etc making such a remark. Or even Dada FWIW.

Thats my point is. SL was no. 2 as the same way india are no. 1 now. They never won a away series against top 3 teams but they became no. 2 ?
India drew against SL, while SL got clobbered in India. I agree we've had home advantage, but still we're better than others - SA and Aus got beaten at home recently, while we're yet to lose a series at home for a long time.

how contradictory your comment is! When a australian bowler did well its his credit but when english bowlers did well its because aussie batsmen are crap.
It's not rocket science if you've watched the game. Aus batsmen are not in best of form, FYI. And English bowlers were overall good but Aus batsmen made them look like world beaters.

And how can we win by preparing flat wickets? Clearly we have to pick 20 wickets to win a match?

If you havent noticed the test series happed in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, not in South Africa. They are not even a cricketing nation for gods sake. Now if you want to compare india with UAE its upto you.
Well, according to you, we have the flattest tracks around and batsmen make runs like peanuts, and still somehow we've managed to win all these series against top teams at home? ;)

shakibrulz
December 11, 2010, 04:43 AM
Brit-Boy,

As one of the guilty posters, my apologies. I had no intention to hijack this thread. I had just gotten way too sick of pointless India-bashing and had to let some steam out.

I have decided to stay out of this thread and hope it gets back on its original intent and discussion. Adios.

- DJ
Seconded.

Haru-party
December 11, 2010, 04:46 AM
Brit-Boy,

- DJ

i like ur signature

godzilla
December 11, 2010, 04:53 AM
Please explain :

Why is it so important to talk about INDIA in a thread where we are talking about Tamim? Can't you open a new thread and ask this irrevelant questions? Don't brag about India's fame here plz ...

EDIT
sorry didn't see that you appologised :)

Night_wolf
December 11, 2010, 06:16 AM
when they won the t20 world cup they acted like they won a world war or something-

http://d374igicznxcha.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/Cricket-in-India-is-Over-hyped..jpg

to be honest we would have done the same thing if not more if we won or even reach the SF of the t20 cup...

just for example see the afterwards of the recent kiwi whitewash

Nadim
December 11, 2010, 06:18 AM
Seems like ppl doesn't read the title of the thread. DO THEY?

simon
December 11, 2010, 06:22 AM
^^lol yey,
I think this is just the warm up before the BD vs Ind world cup match going on.:-D

Night_wolf
December 11, 2010, 06:24 AM
And care to explain when did BCCI "deny" an invitation for test series against Bangladesh?

U must be joking right?

Naimul_Hd
December 11, 2010, 06:41 AM
so many subjects starting from Tamim to India have been discussed within one thread. Every time i read a post, i got confused about the subject matter.

@ DJ Sahastra bro, You did not hijack this thread. You actually brush fired and Tamim got cross fired ! :D j/k !

Spitfire_x86
December 11, 2010, 07:12 AM
Think high low whatever you want. Who cares. I think shehwag is overrated, I said it. If you don't like it, take a hike.
If this has to be your ultimate point, then I wonder why did you bother writing all those stuff in the first place.

beshideshi
December 11, 2010, 07:18 AM
As much as I hate Sehwag for his arrogance, I love him for the same reason as well. The way he walks in the middle with a "I don't give a rat's *** about who are" attitude is mind blowing. He is far from "orthodox", but if you say he is over rated, then Pluto is a planet.

Ajfar
December 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
Would you guys stop complaining about India and their batting friendly pitch. Batting is their strength so obviously it makes sense for them to prepare batting friendly pitch. Home team is suppose to get a home advantage, what's so wrong with that?

Tiger444
December 11, 2010, 10:09 AM
Its such a shame that a tamim article became an indian bashing thread. Cmon guys if you don't like india then go on another topic and fight it out there but not here.

Anyways back on topic tamim now has made us even more recognizable. What's even more scary is how he's only 21 and he's dominating every bowling attack he faces. Hopefully he keeps it up.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Naimul_Hd
December 12, 2010, 06:26 AM
Tamim's hundred could have been much delight to chatga fan ! :)

Anher
December 12, 2010, 06:51 AM
now i know why there were lots of empty sits into Chittagong Stadium.
People were too scared to sit in stadium and hit by ball which tamim shot it towards them like missile.

Night_wolf
December 12, 2010, 10:12 AM
Ah..tamim missed a century in his home ground..thats unfortunate

Haru-party
December 12, 2010, 10:25 AM
koidin age aisha shiyal mamur post 887 kemne hoilo !!!!!!!!!!!!!:timeout:

Night_wolf
December 12, 2010, 11:36 AM
koidin age aisha shiyal mamur post 887 kemne hoilo !!!!!!!!!!!!!:timeout:

Thats call passion for BC!:)

or too much addiction:-p

BANFAN
December 13, 2010, 03:05 AM
He should have been careful to hit well for his hundred. That was a tired looking shot ...

zainab
December 13, 2010, 07:11 AM
Hope he gets an IPL and county cricket contract soon.

Habib
December 13, 2010, 11:14 AM
^I badly want him to play in county. This is the only thing that can elevate him to greatness.

simon
December 13, 2010, 11:32 AM
^^ya,county will make him more matured & skilled.

Night_wolf
December 13, 2010, 11:43 AM
^absolutely,and we have shakib as an example

RazabQ
December 13, 2010, 08:39 PM
As Mod:
Firstlane - cool it. Wiseshah - don't instigate! DJ & Shakib - good to see you are attempting to return to the topic at hand.

As myself:
The article appears to be a fluff piece written by a mediocre author. TIK has potential to be one of the best openers in the word but he'd not walk into any side. He should definitely play county and a season of grade cricket.

In terms of "any test team", if you wanted my opinion, I'd pick a combo of Viru & Strauss as my dream openers right now. Left-hand vs. right-hand. Frontfoot swashbuckler vs. backfoot cut/puller. Simpleton vs. sophisticate.

dolcevita
December 14, 2010, 02:02 AM
I would put together sehwag and tamim they can destruct any. bowling line up
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

lamisa
December 14, 2010, 10:09 AM
wowi forgot that this was supposed to be a tamim thread!