PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh to host Asia Cup 2012.

Nadim
December 12, 2010, 10:23 AM
Congratulation Bangladesh Cricket Team.
Latest news asian cricket council says "ASIA CUP 2012" held in Bangladesh
http://www.facebook.com/CRICKETBDTIGER

[বাংলা]২০১২ সালের এশিয়া কাপ অনুষ্টিত হবে বাংলাদেশে। বোববার ঢাকার স্থানীয় একটি হোটেলে আয়োজিত এক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে এ কথা জানান এশিয়া ক্রিকেট কাউন্সিল (এসিসি)’র সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তাফা কামাল।

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)’র সভাপতি বলেন,“অত্যন্ত আনন্দের সঙ্গে ঘোষণা করছি ২০১২ সালের এশিয়া কাপের আয়োজক হয়েছি আমরা।”

২০১২ সালের ১ থেকে ১১ মার্চ পর্যন্ত এশিয়া কাপের আসর বসবে বাংলাদেশে। এতে এসিসির চার সদস্য দেশ বাংলাদেশ, ভারত, পাকিস্তান ও শ্রীলঙ্কা ছাড়াও অংশগ্রহণ করবে সহযোগী চারটি দেশ।

এছাড়া প্রতিযোগিতার সাতটি ম্যাচই ঢাকার শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামে অনুষ্ঠিত হবে বলে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে জানান মোস্তফা কামাল[/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=caac131ff37a87d64d757ab5dc195 6fb&nttl=2010121220267&toppos=6

Only getting better.

WC 11
Asia cup 12
T20 WC 14

:fire:

EDIT: Will Pakistan refuse to come????

MohammedC
December 12, 2010, 10:33 AM
^^^ Pakistan will refuse to come unless ICC legalise spot fixing.

Ajfar
December 12, 2010, 10:40 AM
again all matches will be in dhaka. the tournament is another 2 years and the retards already decided all the games will be held in mirpur? what the hell is wrong with these people?

crikss
December 12, 2010, 10:42 AM
I think Pakistan wont come but who cares ..

Night_wolf
December 12, 2010, 11:34 AM
great news!

Haru-party
December 12, 2010, 12:08 PM
shabbas

Rabz
December 12, 2010, 12:24 PM
Great news.
But why only in Dhaka ??
What wrong with Chittagong ??
Whatever happened to Cox's Bazar ?
There are 4 associates, we could get couple of their matches in Bogura and Khulna !!

Shehwar
December 12, 2010, 12:41 PM
Great news.
But why only in Dhaka ??
There are 4 associates, we could get couple of their matches in Bogura and Khulna !!

Really??? 4 associates??? That will be the biggest Asia Cup ever then in terms of participating teams. Have they published the format yet and who are the qualified associates? Btw we should totally aim to win this tournament. Anything less would be unsatisfactory.

al Furqaan
December 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
well no pakistan then...which means it might be a controversy free tournament.

Nafi
December 12, 2010, 04:35 PM
To be honest I would have preferred China to have had hosted it, providing they could guarantee packed stadiums.

tiger_omar
December 12, 2010, 04:38 PM
^^^ Pakistan will refuse to come unless ICC legalise spot fixing.

:floor::floor: You're probably right.

Murad
December 12, 2010, 04:52 PM
To be honest I would have preferred China to have had hosted it, providing they could guarantee packed stadiums.

They can't host such big tournament. They have only one ground and its capacity is about 6000.

Murad
December 12, 2010, 04:54 PM
again all matches will be in dhaka. the tournament is another 2 years and the retards already decided all the games will be held in mirpur? what the hell is wrong with these people?

They are following the Srilankans. All the Asia cup games were played in Dambulla.

MohammedC
December 12, 2010, 04:55 PM
They can't host such big tournament. They have only one ground and its capacity is about 6000.

Apart from the capacity how many grounds is BCB intend to use. As far as I have heard 1

Murad
December 12, 2010, 04:59 PM
Apart from the capacity how many grounds is BCB intend to use. As far as I have heard 1

Well we don't know that yet. We have to wait and see as it is still two years away.

MohammedC
December 12, 2010, 05:00 PM
They are following the Srilankans. All the Asia cup games were played in Dambulla.

But Dambulla is not Colombo the capital city. At least the lankan took it to another city. Hold on was not Dambulla tsunami affected. I dont see BCB doing something like that too SIDR affected town in Bangladesh.

Murad
December 12, 2010, 05:02 PM
But Dambulla is not Colombo the capital city. At least the lankan took it to another city. Hold on was not Dambulla tsunami affected. I dont see BCB doing something like that too SIDR affected town in Bangladesh.

Colombo and other stadiums were not ready to host matches as being renovated for the WC. :)

I hope BCB host some games in CTG but not before they fix the slow outfield.

Night_wolf
December 12, 2010, 11:29 PM
Colombo and other stadiums were not ready to host matches as being renovated for the WC. :)

I hope BCB host some games in CTG but not before they fix the slow outfield.

bcb shoud think about other parts of BD other then ctg and dhk only..i mean khulna rajsahi sylet people deserve some int match too..kids will be more encouraged seeing their heros playing in front of them

i am not saying for this asia cup but cricket across the country should be on bcb propaganda

godzilla
December 13, 2010, 12:11 AM
I think Pakistan wont come but who cares ..

It's ok ... AFGAN can replace them. No one will miss pak either way. If they loose, there is always that thought of match fixing in the mindL-)

godzilla
December 13, 2010, 12:14 AM
BTW are we going to play in champion trophy this time around if we can make it to # 8?

_Rafi_
December 13, 2010, 06:57 AM
Syed Ashraful Huq doing great job. For him cricket included in Asian games. He is helping Afghanistan, China and other nation to rise up. We need a man like him in BCB.

MohammedC
December 13, 2010, 09:05 AM
BTW are we going to play in champion trophy this time around if we can make it to # 8?

Champions trophy has been scrapped

Raynman
December 13, 2010, 10:03 AM
Great news.
But why only in Dhaka ??

Per the Cricinfo article, it will be just the four (BNG, IND, PAK, SL).

This sends a horrible message out to AFG.

ICC should just scrap the expansion of cricket and put up a sign "No new teams or fans welcome".

al-Sagar
December 13, 2010, 10:44 AM
desh e thakle ekta khelau miss debo na .... sob stadium e jabo

Night_wolf
December 13, 2010, 11:51 AM
Per the Cricinfo article, it will be just the four (BNG, IND, PAK, SL).

This sends a horrible message out to AFG.

ICC should just scrap the expansion of cricket and put up a sign "No new teams or fans welcome".

ya and they talk about glottalization of the game..work doesn't reflect their word

al Furqaan
December 13, 2010, 12:43 PM
they should have made it a 5 team event...i agree the likes of UAE, HK, Oman are too weak to be playing with us. But the Afghans are not. even if they got thrashed by India or SL, they would actually be learning something, and they can actually compete at some level.

Rabz
December 13, 2010, 01:04 PM
I only quoted the new article on the 1st post.
It says The Big 4 plus 4 associates.

SMHasan
December 14, 2010, 01:18 AM
They have already declared that all the matches will be held at SBNS. Whats wrong with this people?

We have newly renovated Fatullah,if they don't wanna get out of dhaka as the time is too short to travel to another city. SBNS is getting too many games and we are bored of it. We will also have Khulna.

These people are just full of nonsense.

PoorFan
December 14, 2010, 01:58 AM
Perhaps BCB thinking SBNS is the venue that BD team can exploit best of its condition, and only 10 days for the tournament could be other reason.

lamisa
December 14, 2010, 10:07 AM
weren't a few matches played outside dhaka when sl toured us long ago?y ccan't we have that?these retared morons should be kicked out of the country!!! :hairpull:

Murad
December 14, 2010, 03:07 PM
Lamisa, SL oi tour er pore ar Dhaka and CTG er baire kono game khelte raji hoinai. Long bus journey for the tourist teams. And you know how the Bangladeshi roads are. Its not safe.

If there was an airport in Khulna or Rajshahi, BCB wouldn't have any problem hosting games in Bogra and Khulna stadiums. Khulna stadium is very beautiful.

Murad
December 14, 2010, 03:10 PM
Perhaps BCB thinking SBNS is the venue that BD team can exploit best of its condition, and only 10 days for the tournament could be other reason.

That's the case. India don't want a long tournament. If its a long tour, they might not take part in it. If they don't take part in it, then ACC and BCB will not get good sponsorships.

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 04:06 PM
they should have made it a 5 team event...i agree the likes of UAE, HK, Oman are too weak to be playing with us. But the Afghans are not. even if they got thrashed by India or SL, they would actually be learning something, and they can actually compete at some level.

This type of thinking leads to justification of India, Aus etc. feeling we are too week to play them.

A tournament's format (including the World Cup) should not be modified each time around. It should have a designated number of available slots and there should be qualification for those slots bar the host country.

What is the point of UAE, HK etc. investing money in cricket if they never get to play the top teams.

I could even support an automatic qualification of the 4 with two additional slots through qualifiers in which the 4 had to provide their A-teams. I wonder if ICC never handed us the test / full member status if we would be okay with Asia Cup being a tri series. On that note, the 2010 may as well have been the way we performed. One could say we were too weak to play tehm.

Antora
December 14, 2010, 06:53 PM
in March? :(

*sigh* World cup dekhtey parbo na in BD because of my final year in high school...
asia cup dekhte parbo na as Uni's open around that time! FML!

I hope I can see the 2014 T20 in BD though -_-

rashed411
December 14, 2010, 07:18 PM
in March? :(

*sigh* World cup dekhtey parbo na in BD because of my final year in high school...
asia cup dekhte parbo na as Uni's open around that time! FML!

I hope I can see the 2014 T20 in BD though -_-

see u there. :-p

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
December 14, 2010, 07:23 PM
2014 t20 world cup...definitely this time, i will be in Bangladesh, If God wish. aagami 2 years deshey jaoaa hobey na...haaire world cup dekhtey paarlam na...2014 sure..

MohammedC
December 19, 2010, 05:29 PM
Asian boards refuse to back PCB bid to host Asia Cup
Staff Report

KARACHI: Pakistan’s isolation in international cricket continues with India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh refusing to support the country’s bid to secure hosting rights for the 2012 Asia Cup at a recent meeting of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in Dhaka. According to sources, PCB chairman Ijaz Butt and Sultan Rana, who represented Pakistan at the ACC executive council meeting, had offered to host the 2012 event at a neutral venue and suggested Dubai. “But they met with stiff resistance from particularly the Indians who made it clear they were not willing to play at a venue which had in the past had suspicions raised about it,” one source said. “The Indian contention was that in the past, cricket in the UAE had been linked to fixing and gambling and they could not accept it as a neutral venue,” the source added. He said Sri Lanka and Bangladesh had also not backed Pakistan’s plea and eventually it was decided that Bangladesh would host the event in Mirpur in 2012. “Apparently China was never seriously discussed as a possible venue for the Asia Cup as the PCB representatives insisted that it didn’t have the required international facilities to host such a major event so soon,” the source said.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010%5C12%5C20%5Cstory_20-12-2010_pg2_5

Haru-party
December 20, 2010, 07:42 AM
2014 t20 world cup...definitely this time, i will be in Bangladesh, If God wish. aagami 2 years deshey jaoaa hobey na...haaire world cup dekhtey paarlam na...2014 sure..

inshallah.....kintu dor lage...2012-a na abar duniyata dhongsho hoya jay :(

shuziburo
December 20, 2010, 08:39 AM
Lamisa, SL oi tour er pore ar Dhaka and CTG er baire kono game khelte raji hoinai. Long bus journey for the tourist teams. And you know how the Bangladeshi roads are. Its not safe.

If there was an airport in Khulna or Rajshahi, BCB wouldn't have any problem hosting games in Bogra and Khulna stadiums. Khulna stadium is very beautiful.

There is an airport in Rajshahi. But, I am not sure whether there still is any commercial flight. After Jamuna Bridge opened, the number of passengers went down significantly.

Tiger Manc
December 20, 2010, 08:57 AM
They should also host games in Chittagong. Don't the players get used to the pitch after playing consecutive games on the same pitch?

FagunerAgun
December 25, 2010, 07:21 PM
Good news for BD cricket fans.
But better one for the BCB, it may recoup its loss becaue of its agreement with Nimbus.

al Furqaan
December 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
This type of thinking leads to justification of India, Aus etc. feeling we are too week to play them.

A tournament's format (including the World Cup) should not be modified each time around. It should have a designated number of available slots and there should be qualification for those slots bar the host country.

What is the point of UAE, HK etc. investing money in cricket if they never get to play the top teams.

I could even support an automatic qualification of the 4 with two additional slots through qualifiers in which the 4 had to provide their A-teams. I wonder if ICC never handed us the test / full member status if we would be okay with Asia Cup being a tri series. On that note, the 2010 may as well have been the way we performed. One could say we were too weak to play tehm.

i want the afghans included...they're minnows. rank minnows at that.

but to ask for HK and Oman is stretching it. they don't even have native players...they need to work on grassroots stuff and get some native guys, work their way up the WCL ranks. to ask for any asian team to play just cuz they have a "team" is not a good arguement to analogize with BD and IND/AUS.

we are closer to india and aus than oman or hk is to us or even afghanistan for that matter.

lamisa
December 26, 2010, 08:35 AM
Good news for BD cricket fans.
But better one for the BCB, it may recoup its loss becaue of its agreement with Nimbus.

recoup loss?that means reduced amount of profit from asia cup than what was expected