PDA

View Full Version : Irish Players in DPL? Is it going to backfire?

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 07:24 AM
William Porterfield & Neil O' Brian are supposed to be part of this year's DPL.
They are going to play for Abahani.

In the past, Mohammedan did the same with S. Tikolo & M. Oudumbe and both of them made us to suffer a lot.

I just can't accept this decision, esp. when world cup is knocking at the doors.
Why?
Because -

* Ireland is our fiercest competitor outside the Test World
* They have beaten us in the last world cup where WP scored 85
* They have beaten us in our last tour in ireland where WP scored 108
* That same WP struggled when he played in our country in 2008 in all 3 matches
* Playing in our conditions, they will get the invaluable opportunity to acclimatize to our conditions

My fear is such experiences will backfire when we would meet them in our world cup match.

so... please stay away from this self-destructive decision.

n.b. this has no relation to my liking/disliking of Abahani as a team.

rashed411
December 14, 2010, 07:33 AM
dont be so selfish

"The more I help others to succeed, the more I succeed."
Ray Kroc

beshideshi
December 14, 2010, 07:35 AM
This is a prime indication of defeatist and [as 98% of BC members will call] "sissy" attitude. If The Irish players are getting exposure to the conditions, then the Bangladeshi bowlers will also find their weakness by bowling at them.
And our cricket does not stop at world cup, we have to go beyond that. Bringing in players like William and Neil will certainly boost the competition in the local league and be beneficial for local players.
As for getting used to conditions, I doubt two players playing in DPL for a month will make the whole Ireland team unbeatable.

Night_wolf
December 14, 2010, 07:37 AM
hmm..it can back fire..i am hoping it wont..but still i dont think ire can beat us in Bangladesh..they will struggle to play razzak..

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 07:38 AM
dont be so selfish

"The more I help others to succeed, the more I succeed."
Ray Kroc

my friend, only one team succeeds in a cricket match!

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 07:42 AM
This is a prime indication of defeatist and [as 98% of BC members will call] "sissy" attitude.

nice to know that u can perfectly read the mind of that many ppl. keep it up!

Zunaid
December 14, 2010, 07:53 AM
jisaan - don't get so sensitive. Just because people are disagreeing with your a priori postulated premise, you don't have to get disagreeable.

If we have to worry about Irish players learning the tricks of the trade in a few days, then we have bigger things to worry about. We might as well close shop. Perhaps, we should not even play anyone, lest they figure out how to handle our SLAs.

harrypotte
December 14, 2010, 08:21 AM
look at ipl..india allowed outsitde players to play there..if they thought it could backfire them,surely they wouldnt...in my opnion not only irish some other better player from test playing nation shud come also..previously we have seen so many players done so well in domestic..n they fail terribly at internationals(rokon,hannan sarker,nazimuddin)...the more they play with better player the more they can learn their weakness..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

amar11432
December 14, 2010, 09:27 AM
sissy

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 09:33 AM
Having quality international players is important for the development of our cricket. As it is, our national XI is limite to a small pool of players and our other players need any exposure they can get to quality players.

Our ascension up the cricket ladder should be based on our ability and not strategy that involves us using underhanded tactics against those beneath us. The way we keep the Irish beneath us is to beat them handily on the cricket ground where they have no excuses.

Question to Jiisan, would you also propose that county cricket make it a point not to reach out to our players whenever we have playing engagements in Europe?

lamisa
December 14, 2010, 09:41 AM
look at ipl..india allowed outsitde players to play there..if they thought it could backfire them,surely they wouldnt...in my opnion not only irish some other better player from test playing nation shud come also..previously we have seen so many players done so well in domestic..n they fail terribly at internationals(rokon,hannan sarker,nazimuddin)...the more they play with better player the more they can learn their weakness..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ditto!

Habib
December 14, 2010, 09:43 AM
Playing a few matches here won't help those Irish players much. Had they played here for a longer period like Shakib did for Worcs in England, then they might have acclimatized with our condition.

Tiger444
December 14, 2010, 09:44 AM
We should welcome any players that want to play. Why should we be that scared to play Ireland thinking they will acclimatize in our conditions? Are we still that worried about beating Ireland? We should be able to beat them whenever and wherever. They are ranked below us and with our team we shouldn't have a problem with them. If we lose to them it won't be because of the players playing in the DPL. It will be because we still have problems with our team.

Haru-party
December 14, 2010, 09:44 AM
haha.....bohut hashi pailo

Shehwar
December 14, 2010, 09:52 AM
I wish they weren't playing in our conditions right before the world cup either! Call me names all u want. We need to make the qf at any cost. Cannot have any slip ups. This our home World Cup after all.

Night_wolf
December 14, 2010, 11:23 AM
We have never beaten ire in any WC..we lost to them in07 wc and in t20 wc 09...this time its again wc and we r playing them so i guess jisaan vai was trying to say "better safe then sorry"

dolcevita
December 14, 2010, 11:27 AM
If we are afraid by ireland on our own conditions , its better to give up cricket
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 11:28 AM
We have never beaten ire in any WC..we lost to them in07 wc and in t20 wc 09...this time its again wc and we r playing them so i guess jisaan vai was trying to say "better safe then sorry"

sage & sensible....

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 11:42 AM
jisaan - don't get so sensitive. Just because people are disagreeing with your a priori postulated premise, you don't have to get disagreeable.

If we have to worry about Irish players learning the tricks of the trade in a few days, then we have bigger things to worry about. We might as well close shop. Perhaps, we should not even play anyone, lest they figure out how to handle our SLAs.

everything is fare in love & war...
why give our 'enemies' the slightest of the chances? yes, i do consider them as an 'enemy' on cricket field.

no other team has given us so many heartbreaks in recent times.

now the BIG picture:
1st match agt India
2nd Match agt Ireland

Won't like to predict the result of the 1st match but Another LOSS to the Irish might mean ....

i am just trying to play safe...!

Don't we have any other options/better options than those two?????

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 11:49 AM
If we are afraid by ireland on our own conditions , its better to give up cricket

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

we have to be...
they have beaten us in WC '07 & T20 WC.
they have beaten us just after our win in England

.... fortunately or unfortunately, we haven't given up cricket

yes, u are right.... "OUR CONDITION' is our greatest strength this time!
is it wise to expose your conditions just before the wc?

i won't be worried at all, should they come afterwards..

roman
December 14, 2010, 12:01 PM
TBH I wont mind Irish players coming to play in DPL, but since they are in our group and we have to win that game to go to the 2nd round, we should try to keep them in the dark about our condition as much as possible. I have no problem bringing them here in 2011 but we should try not to have them play here just months before the WC. Just play safe...

magic boy
December 14, 2010, 12:15 PM
don't worry we got Masud Rana !! that BCI spy is now in Ireland after month long mission in India to collect valuable info of Indian cricketers.also we have Tin Goyenda who are currently on a vacation to South Africa but they are actually tracking SA cricketers as well !

Rabz
December 14, 2010, 12:16 PM

Like ! Like !!
One month in Bangladesh, Porterfield will not be a master blaster.

Jadukor
December 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
Like ! Like !!
One month in Bangladesh, Porterfield will not be a master blaster.

its a 100 over game where two good innings can easily change the course of the game.
with our track record of losing to Canada, Ireland... there is no room for complacency...
I would say don't even give opposition players a sniff of our wicket till the warm-up games...

rinathq
December 14, 2010, 12:39 PM
well considering some of the previous records by Bangladesh against Ireland, we as a fan have the right to be concerned about their visit. Look at ZIM, by the end they got pretty good against the spinners and Razzaq finished with no wicket. It shows how improvement can be made if the players get used to it. On the other had, its only 2-3 players thats coming here...they can learn all they want. What did worry me is Chris Gayles visit.......... His team is in our pool, and in order for us to make it to the next round, beating WI is a must. He is the key player, so hope he doesnt get too used to the condition............

At the end,
Its Ireland! they beat us at home because of bad condition. At our own ground, they have much less chance................

Ajfar
December 14, 2010, 02:07 PM
I swear are we that scared. I like living in reality to but not this much. This is sad. I sure hope our players don't think like that.

Also in that case we shouldn't have hosted England in Bangladesh. We let their entire team get used to our condition. That might back fire on us.

tonoy
December 14, 2010, 02:22 PM
Utter BS. Why bother playing cricket if you can't take on two guys of an Associate team?

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 02:46 PM
To those that are scared of the Shamrock and are quacking in your boots already, here is more for you to fear:

http://cricket.yahoo.com/cricket/news/article?id=item/2.0/-/story/cricket.yahoonews.com/porterfield-pleased-with-irelands-progress-20101206/

Get your excuses ready if you don't trust the boys win against Ireland at home and you need all the advantage you can get.

Maybe we can request BCB to not allow access to the ground or request ICC that our match vs. IND not be aired so that the Irish can't get any form of advantage by reviewing us.

Dilscoop
December 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
Everyday Einstein

reyme
December 14, 2010, 03:16 PM
Its not about being scared, its about being smart. Its about the timing. Tell me why no SLA used or not same kind of pitches used during the practice matches agaist ZIM/NZ and so on?

reyme
December 14, 2010, 03:16 PM
1. Losing against ENG/WI/IND/SA in the WC would be sad but not a disaster. Losing against IRE in the WC would be a disaster!
2. If IRE plays in the QF, instead of BD, and with some luck they ended up playing in SEMIS, then surely they will be asking for TEST status and if they would made that far, boy, I can tell you most likely they will get test status. Matches in WC counts that much! BD got TEST status for WC99 results, ZIM got status for the one before.
3. If IRE gets TEST status, then pretty good chance there will be 2 tier TEST team competition. And BD will play in that second division.
4. Potterfield is like Tamim/Shakib for IRE. Every team in DPL will try to get his wicket using SLA. So he may ended up playing 10 times 10 overs times 6 balls = 600 SLA balls in BD in BD condition! Thats enough to make him a pro playing SLA or and SPIN. He can singlehandedly win the game for IRE.
5. Dont ever in your dream underestimate IRE. They just beat BD few months ago. Take out Shakib or Tamim for some reason and pretty close match on the cards.
6. Potterfield/O'brian is not the only good players on earth. Why not bring more IND/SL players instead? Bring them after the WC, let them live here, move in here. But do so after the WC.
6. If we lose against IRE, this thread will become a sticky.

reyme
December 14, 2010, 03:27 PM
If we have to worry about Irish players learning the tricks of the trade in a few days, then we have bigger things to worry about. We might as well close shop.

You actually have to close your shop, if you reveal all your trade secrects. Why cocacola or mcdonalds keep their recipe so secret? They can make billions by letting that go to Pepsi and Burger King right? But they dont and they wont.

Rifat
December 14, 2010, 03:39 PM
Utter BS. Why bother playing cricket if you can't take on two guys of an Associate team?

Stole the words from my mouth :)

I support this decision, We should get as many international players to play for DPL, it is good for both parties: the international Players who participate and those players in the domestic league who can also benefit from the foreign players.

Why bother beating India in World Cup when We can't get past the Irish Barrier?

Jisaan Bro, sorry, I think this is the first time I have to disagree with you :)

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 03:39 PM
You actually have to close your shop, if you reveal all your trade secrects. Why cocacola or mcdonalds keep their recipe so secret? They can make billions by letting that go to Pepsi and Burger King right? But they dont and they wont.

Your analogy falls short because in this case the pitch conditions are the burgers and the drinks. The secret on how to create them should be kept behind closed doors but the product still needs to be exposed to the public

reyme
December 14, 2010, 05:06 PM
^ In this case, It does not matter how you create them (pitch), it matters how much you use them. Once you get used to it (the spin, pitch and conditions), sooner or later it will become a cakewalk intead of panic walk. Thats why you see Razzak returns wicketless, who was supposed be a panic attack. Enamul Jr who was got us the test win, is out of picture, since opponents figured him out.

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 05:16 PM
^ In this case, It does not matter how you create them (pitch), it matters how much you use them. Once you get used to it (the spin, pitch and conditions), sooner or later it will become a cakewalk intead of panic walk. Thats why you see Razzak returns wicketless, who was supposed be a panic attack. Enamul Jr who was got us the test win, is out of picture, since opponents figured him out.

So are you suggesting that we stop playing Tests at home as well so we don't lose more spinners like Enamul ?!!

If our players can only play in our home conditions and they are so easy to figure out, that is a major concern.

What will the excuse be if Ed Joyce (not in DPL) turns out to be the one to lead IRE to victory over BD? Or what if NED wins? What will you say then?

reyme
December 14, 2010, 06:05 PM
^^ I just want to avoid the loss against the team ranked below us in WC. So yes, NED, IRE would be the biggest concern. Because that will (although not rational) question our test status among our "not so well wishers" more than anything else, because we are expected to win these games. I am not sure if you remember, the loss against KEN and CAN seriously jeopardized our TEST status back in that WC. There are a lot of people who cant stand our Test status and they are just dying to get an excuse...to revoke it.

Dhruvo
December 14, 2010, 06:33 PM
If that is so than any Bangladeshi batsmen should look like Tendulkar when they bat in Bangladesh as they are used to the pitches, conditions and bowlers as they play against them every year. Inviting the best players of associate teams is a good thing for both the parties. Look at it this way, these guys increase the competitiveness of our league and it might bring out the best of some of our up and coming players as they are exposed to players who they have never played against before, while we give the foreign players exposure in our conditions. Both these do not guarantee a player or team to become invincible, but it does give them a little bit of experience which helps, but not by much.

Shehwar
December 14, 2010, 08:11 PM
The Irish team have been having their conditioning camp in India for a while now. I think they are a very decent side and we should not label them as just another associate! I think we lost both those matches to them because we got complacent and I really hope that doesn't happen this time around. We really must make it to the quarterfinals at any cost!

Naimul_Hd
December 14, 2010, 08:35 PM
We allow them to play or not, if we get complacent again against Irish in WC, you all know what is ahead of us.

Respect your opponent, no matter how small or weak they may be.

tiger_army
December 14, 2010, 09:03 PM
Mirpur pitch is like "the secret city Tibet" to the Irish guys. I dont know what other people thinks but my opinion is It will be a bad idea to allow them to play in Mirpur...Those Irish guys are professionals. Although they are playing for Abhoni but they must have the intention to know about the pitch and which willl be greater then playing for club cricket.

If we are setting DPL the final preparation tournaments before the world cup then we shouldn't let our oppositions best players to be prepared on the same ground.

al Furqaan
December 14, 2010, 09:20 PM

spot on.

if ireland are allowed to play us close enough for one of their guys to swing the match, we deserve to lose to them.

Jadukor
December 14, 2010, 09:37 PM
I don't get it... what's this talk about closing shop if Ireland beats us?... we have lost to Netherlands, Canada and Ireland! so why is it sooo shocking to some of you that Ireland might compete against us this time? Yes we do have bigger challenges in the competition and thats why we cannot/must not stumble against the weaker teams!
I feel like playing video footages of the recent asia cup for some reality check...

Dilscoop
December 14, 2010, 10:50 PM
Only way we can lose against them is if we take them lightly or become very cautious about losing against them. It's lot tricker when you are a improving team and trying to prove it to the world by beating big teams. Then you have to go and play teams that are weaker then you.

I feel they should just go after personal milestones when they are playing weaker teams. Tamim should go after 150. Players like Rahim and Riyad should look for their 1st ODI century. Naeem should pick up 5 wickets. And Shak should not bowl or bat to test if we can actually win w/o him.

MarufH
December 14, 2010, 10:50 PM
They will get stronger.... but we are still formidable in our soil.

Zeeshan
December 14, 2010, 11:33 PM
They will get stronger.... but we are still formidable in our soil.

Maruf bhai eita ki post korlen? Kothay asha korsilam ekta thread khulben indian playerder niye....jemon Sehbag (shey-bhag with a picture of someone escaping), Dhoni (rich with picture of Kabir bhai), Kohli (picture of flowerbud), Dravid (picture of Hitler beating up a Dravidian), Ojha (picture of shaper ojha), Tendulkar (picture of doshta earrings with a car..or kar (whose))....

Bismillah koren maruf bhai. Kosom aar apnar thread downrate korbo na...

jisaan
December 15, 2010, 12:29 AM
spot on.
if ireland are allowed to play us close enough for one of their guys to swing the match, we deserve to lose to them.

" In war, your opponent must be demolished, humiliated, destroyed, torn to pieces and the shreds fed to dogs. And cricket is greater than war."

jisaan
December 15, 2010, 12:31 AM
Maruf bhai eita ki post korlen? Kothay asha korsilam ekta thread khulben indian playerder niye....jemon Sehbag (shey-bhag with a picture of someone escaping), Dhoni (rich with picture of Kabir bhai), Kohli (picture of flowerbud), Dravid (picture of Hitler beating up a Dravidian), Ojha (picture of shaper ojha), Tendulkar (picture of doshta earrings with a car..or kar (whose))....

Bismillah koren maruf bhai. Kosom aar apnar thread downrate korbo na...
:-D

Nocturnal
December 15, 2010, 01:37 AM
Following report is in today's Prothom-alo.com
I don't see any Irish players name in the list!

[বাংলা]লিগ পেছালেও বিভিন্ন দলের হয়ে খেলার জন্য অনেক বিদেশি খেলোয়াড় এরই মধ্যে ঢাকায় চলে এসেছেন। আবাহনীর হয়ে কুইন্সল্যান্ডের ব্যাটসম্যান লি কার্সেনডাইল তো গত পরশু আর কাল দুটি প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচও খেলে ফেলেছেন ওরিয়েন্ট ও ওল্ড ডিওএইচএসের পক্ষে। আবাহনীর আরেক বিদেশি ভারতীয় যশপাল সিং কাল ঢাকায় আসবেন বলে জানিয়েছেন ক্লাব কর্মকর্তা জালাল ইউনুস। ঢাকার ক্রিকেটের আরেক বড় দল মোহামেডানে খেলতে এরই মধ্যে চলে এসেছেন ইংল্যান্ড ‘এ’ দলের মঈন আলী ও শ্রীলঙ্কার ফারভিজ মাহারুফ।
এ ছাড়া গতবার মিসবাহ-উল হককে আনা গাজী ট্যাঙ্ক দলের হয়ে এবার দেখা যাবে দুই শ্রীলঙ্কান থারাঙ্গা পারানাভিতানা ও কৌশল্য বীরারত্নেকে। দুজনই বাঁহাতি ব্যাটসম্যান, বীরারত্নে আবার ডান হাতি মিডিয়াম পেসারও। এই দুজন ছাড়া গাজী ট্যাঙ্কের সঙ্গে চুক্তি হয়ে আছে চামিন্ডা ভাসেরও। বিশ্বকাপের প্রাথমিক দলে ডাক পাওয়ায় আপাতত তাঁর ঢাকা লিগ খেলতে আসার সম্ভাবনা নেই।
প্রিমিয়ার লিগে বিদেশিদের মধ্যে এবার শ্রীলঙ্কানরাই বেশি থাকবেন বলে মনে হচ্ছে। বিমানের হয়ে খেলবেন জিহান মুবারক। তাদের আরেক বিদেশি পাকিস্তানি ব্যাটিং অলরাউন্ডার জিসান ভাট। দুজনই ক্লাবের সঙ্গে অনুশীলন শুরু করেছেন গত পরশু থেকে। ঘরোয়া প্রথম শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেট খেলতে জিহান মুবারক শ্রীলঙ্কায় ফিরে যেতে পারেন বলে পাকিস্তানের ইয়াসির হামিদকেও হাতে রেখেছে বিমান। সূর্যতরুণে এখন পর্যন্ত একমাত্র বিদেশি পাকিস্তানের রিজওয়ান কোরেশী। [/বাংলা]

yaseer
December 15, 2010, 01:48 AM
Backfire? Why?
They can't make a match in our home condition whatever they do. Don't worry, keep faith on our boys.

ammark
December 15, 2010, 01:49 AM
" In war, your opponent must be demolished, humiliated, destroyed, torn to pieces and the shreds fed to dogs. And cricket is greater than war."

Jisaan is right. Bangladesh is a crap assed team, and thats the truth! We can barely play cricket and we never deserved one day status, let alone test status! If we let players from Ireland, Netherlands and Namibia play in our country, surely they will learn the tricks of our trade, and Bangladesh cricket will be last among the associates! How dare we allow these Irish freckle-faces to play on our hallowed turf?!!!

Night_wolf
December 15, 2010, 04:37 AM

[বাংলা]ঢাকার ক্রিকেটের আরেক বড় দল [U]মোহামেডানে খেলতে এরই মধ্যে চলে এসেছেন ইংল্যান্ড ‘এ’ দলের মঈন আল[/বাংলা]ী

Shakib and moyeen playing in the same team!..oh i am excited!..Icha na thakleo dakha jache aibar pocha modon er match dakte jaoa lagbe:D

Rifat
December 15, 2010, 04:41 AM

[বাংলা]লিগ পেছালেও বিভিন্ন দলের হয়ে খেলার জন্য অনেক বিদেশি খেলোয়াড় এরই মধ্যে ঢাকায় চলে এসেছেন। আবাহনীর হয়ে কুইন্সল্যান্ডের ব্যাটসম্যান লি কার্সেনডাইল তো গত পরশু আর কাল দুটি প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচও খেলে ফেলেছেন ওরিয়েন্ট ও ওল্ড ডিওএইচএসের পক্ষে। আবাহনীর আরেক বিদেশি ভারতীয় যশপাল সিং কাল ঢাকায় আসবেন বলে জানিয়েছেন ক্লাব কর্মকর্তা জালাল ইউনুস। ঢাকার ক্রিকেটের আরেক বড় দল মোহামেডানে খেলতে এরই মধ্যে চলে এসেছেন ইংল্যান্ড ‘এ’ দলের মঈন আলী ও শ্রীলঙ্কার ফারভিজ মাহারুফ।
এ ছাড়া গতবার মিসবাহ-উল হককে আনা গাজী ট্যাঙ্ক দলের হয়ে এবার দেখা যাবে দুই শ্রীলঙ্কান থারাঙ্গা পারানাভিতানা ও কৌশল্য বীরারত্নেকে। দুজনই বাঁহাতি ব্যাটসম্যান, বীরারত্নে আবার ডান হাতি মিডিয়াম পেসারও। এই দুজন ছাড়া গাজী ট্যাঙ্কের সঙ্গে চুক্তি হয়ে আছে চামিন্ডা ভাসেরও। বিশ্বকাপের প্রাথমিক দলে ডাক পাওয়ায় আপাতত তাঁর ঢাকা লিগ খেলতে আসার সম্ভাবনা নেই।
প্রিমিয়ার লিগে বিদেশিদের মধ্যে এবার শ্রীলঙ্কানরাই বেশি থাকবেন বলে মনে হচ্ছে। বিমানের হয়ে খেলবেন জিহান মুবারক। তাদের আরেক বিদেশি পাকিস্তানি ব্যাটিং অলরাউন্ডার জিসান ভাট। দুজনই ক্লাবের সঙ্গে অনুশীলন শুরু করেছেন গত পরশু থেকে। ঘরোয়া প্রথম শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেট খেলতে জিহান মুবারক শ্রীলঙ্কায় ফিরে যেতে পারেন বলে পাকিস্তানের ইয়াসির হামিদকেও হাতে রেখেছে বিমান। সূর্যতরুণে এখন পর্যন্ত একমাত্র বিদেশি পাকিস্তানের রিজওয়ান কোরেশী। [/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]খুব দারুন ত[/বাংলা]

More international Players :D

Thanks for sharing the news Nocturnal bhai.

jisaan
December 15, 2010, 05:25 AM

Surjotorun is the only one with lesser known foreigner recruit.
good that there is no Irish.

BANFAN
December 18, 2010, 06:04 AM
It gives us a chance to know the weaknesses of those important Ire players as well. ;)

So no worries if they come.

MohammedC
December 18, 2010, 06:13 AM
^^^ let's see if they come first. Before worrying too much.

Holden
December 18, 2010, 08:29 AM
is there a list of all the foreign players in this years DPL anywhere?

lamisa
December 18, 2010, 09:08 AM
Only way we can lose against them is if we take them lightly or become very cautious about losing against them. It's lot tricker when you are a improving team and trying to prove it to the world by beating big teams. Then you have to go and play teams that are weaker then you.

I feel they should just go after personal milestones when they are playing weaker teams. Tamim should go after 150. Players like Rahim and Riyad should look for their 1st ODI century. Naeem should pick up 5 wickets. And Shak should not bowl or bat to test if we can actually win w/o him.

what is it with your english,huh?:waiting:

M.H.Rubel
December 19, 2010, 01:01 AM

Thats the point well said.If irish players play in DPL this will strengthen their experience and line up for the world cup specially against us.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

bujhee kom
December 19, 2010, 02:06 AM
Apamoni-er moto pocha deem/Gandha/very bed + Nesty team-e khelte eshe Porterman aar baad baki Irish player=ra ulta cricket khela/batting bhule jabey dekhben!

Now Moeen Ali who was SHak's skippa that's a gem a of foreign player and see who brings him? None other than the only, legendery, fanmtastic, Obhutopurbo, Obisshombhob, Noishorgik, Amrreetee like, Nurani, Hashth Beheshth, Khandaani, Oitihashik, Progotisheel, Udaarmona, Premik-mona, Dhaka League-er Mohonshil Nayok, Dhaka-bashir Hridoi Nigrano, Very Loving, very Good Looking, Super-duper club Mohammedan Sporting aka Hammadan of Old Dhaka! Salaam!

jisaan
December 19, 2010, 02:53 AM
Apamoni-er moto pocha deem/Gandha/very bed + Nesty team-e khelte eshe Porterman aar baad baki Irish player=ra ulta cricket khela/batting bhule jabey dekhben!

Now Moeen Ali who was SHak's skippa that's a gem a of foreign player and see who brings him? None other than the only, legendery, fanmtastic, Obhutopurbo, Obisshombhob, Noishorgik, Amrreetee like, Nurani, Hashth Beheshth, Khandaani, Oitihashik, Progotisheel, Udaarmona, Premik-mona, Dhaka League-er Mohonshil Nayok, Dhaka-bashir Hridoi Nigrano, Very Loving, very Good Looking, Super-duper club Mohammedan Sporting aka Hammadan of Old Dhaka! Salaam!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

max410
December 19, 2010, 03:13 AM
This is a prime indication of defeatist and [as 98% of BC members will call] "sissy" attitude. If The Irish players are getting exposure to the conditions, then the Bangladeshi bowlers will also find their weakness by bowling at them.
And our cricket does not stop at world cup, we have to go beyond that. Bringing in players like William and Neil will certainly boost the competition in the local league and be beneficial for local players.
As for getting used to conditions, I doubt two players playing in DPL for a month will make the whole Ireland team unbeatable.

I totally agree with you bro

Haru-party
December 19, 2010, 06:08 AM
Shakib and moyeen playing in the same team!..oh i am excited!..Icha na thakleo dakha jache aibar pocha modon er match dakte jaoa lagbe:D

bohishkar hoibar chinta vabna ase naki...:waiting:...bradman-re kobor theika uthaye anleoto modonder khela dekhbar jabuna....jodi na abahonir loge khele

BANFAN
December 19, 2010, 06:17 AM

Wrong;

In War; The enemy should be defeated. Victory should be achieved at the cost of as much brutality needed to keep your own people safer. Ability of Measuring this degree of brutality is the difference between a trained soldier and an untrained / illegally armed person/group/dacoit.

Cricket & other sports are that way different than a war. You can be as much brutal you want to be in enforcing victory. Because brutality in war is taking people's life and in sports brutal means burying the opponent under the performance/points/scores/runs/goals.

jisaan
December 19, 2010, 07:04 AM
Wrong;

In War; The enemy should be defeated. Victory should be achieved at the cost of as much brutality needed to keep your own people safer. Ability of Measuring this degree of brutality is the difference between a trained soldier and an untrained / illegally armed person/group/dacoit.

Cricket & other sports are that way different than a war. You can be as much brutal you want to be in enforcing victory. Because brutality in war is taking people's life and in sports brutal means burying the opponent under the performance/points/scores/runs/goals.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid">Originally Posted by jisaan
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i have just quoted it from the signature of Great Al-Furqaan.
However, i still stand firm on that considering all of those words have a similar (not equal) meaning on the cricket field.
Just go out their with all your might... show your 'killer instinct' from the word 'go' and come back victorious with wins in all possible sectors....

leave your opponents 'utterly' humiliated, devastated and destroy their self-confidence (the way we have been treated for long by the mightier opponents. i wud never forget the humiliation when atapattu & mahela retired in a test citing bangladesh's bowling attack too feeble to be exciting enough to carry on....!!!)

Haru-party
December 19, 2010, 08:22 AM

you mean durgondhojukto,faltu,shorojontrokari,beiman,desher shotru,muktijuddher bipokkho shokti,razakar,al-badr,al-sams,dokholbaj,dojokio,gorol kushmando, durnitibaj,shoytan upashok, Bangladesh league er porajito shokti, chotolok,oshusthojonok,upodrobkari,oitihashik khol shongothon, jighangshuk, shorbojon grinito, tejjo, dhaka bashir golar kata, ugly looking, hingshuk-mona, super dumb, adi juger sada kalo modons. oh thats ok...

LBW103
December 19, 2010, 09:08 AM
Ireland are a good team

jisaan
December 20, 2010, 03:51 AM
you mean durgondhojukto,faltu,shorojontrokari,beiman,desher shotru,muktijuddher bipokkho shokti,razakar,al-badr,al-sams,dokholbaj,dojokio,gorol kushmando, durnitibaj,shoytan upashok, Bangladesh league er porajito shokti, chotolok,oshusthojonok,upodrobkari,oitihashik khol shongothon, jighangshuk, shorbojon grinito, tejjo, dhaka bashir golar kata, ugly looking, hingshuk-mona, super dumb, adi juger sada kalo modons. oh thats ok...

thy name says it all

munshi33
December 20, 2010, 04:05 AM
atleast not b4 wc dough, if this cous us a broblem then its shame to us:flag:

shuziburo
December 20, 2010, 08:58 AM
I think that our match against Ireland will become tougher. I also think that we should let these chaps play. We need to have a positive attitude.

shuziburo
December 20, 2010, 08:59 AM
don't worry we got Masud Rana !! that BCI spy is now in Ireland after month long mission in India to collect valuable info of Indian cricketers.also we have Tin Goyenda who are currently on a vacation to South Africa but they are actually tracking SA cricketers as well !

Good one!

shuziburo
December 20, 2010, 09:04 AM

If your opponents can figure you out, then you don't belong. As they adjust to you, so should you. That is why Warne and Murali were so successful. They kept on inventing!

shuziburo
December 20, 2010, 09:08 AM
Jisaan is right. Bangladesh is a crap assed team, and thats the truth! We can barely play cricket and we never deserved one day status, let alone test status! If we let players from Ireland, Netherlands and Namibia play in our country, surely they will learn the tricks of our trade, and Bangladesh cricket will be last among the associates! How dare we allow these Irish freckle-faces to play on our hallowed turf?!!!

:lol: