PDA

View Full Version : [User Post] Possible series with Pakistan in 2011:Chairman PCB Ijaz Butt

Rajput
December 14, 2010, 11:49 AM
According to Pakistan media reports Ijaz Butt has said that International cricket will return to Pakistan next year.According to him Bangladesh has agreed to tour Pakistan in 2011.Thats a great news for Pak Cricket.Big Thanks to Bangladesh.

roman
December 14, 2010, 11:56 AM
Why cant Pakistan tour BD first? Pakistan tour will be very very risky tour. BCB MUST make sure that our players will be safe over there. I am not thrilled about this tour

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 11:59 AM
Until ICC says it is dafe to tour Pakistan. Bangladesh should decline any invitation from PCB.

Rabz
December 14, 2010, 12:08 PM
Source ???

simon
December 14, 2010, 12:09 PM
hope its not true.

BANFAN
December 14, 2010, 12:11 PM
I dont think we can go to Pakistan ....

Rajput
December 14, 2010, 12:12 PM
Source ???

It is being reported by Pakistan news channels at the moment as breaking news.

Jadukor
December 14, 2010, 12:16 PM
I don't like this idea at all.... its way too risky...

amar11432
December 14, 2010, 12:19 PM
Pak should just come to BD instead.

Rabz
December 14, 2010, 12:19 PM
I dont like the idea either.
That country should be avoided, for reason or the other.

jisaan
December 14, 2010, 12:20 PM
pakistan should visit bangladesh.

don't think the situation has got any better off late.
no point in risking our players' lives.

Also, it is their turn to tour Bangladesh... not ours!

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 12:21 PM
It would be great if we qualified to face PAK in the QF. They would have no say in not playing in Bangladesh. Or ...maybe Ijaz Butt will forfeit the match for them.

Jadukor
December 14, 2010, 12:23 PM
well I will only believe the news once I read an official announcement from BCB... Izaz Butt's mouth and brain never function well together...so who knows what he heard understood and relayed?

godzilla
December 14, 2010, 12:27 PM
If i was one of the players in the BD team I would never visit their country after the bullet fiesta the Srilankan team got.

rinathq
December 14, 2010, 12:27 PM
^^
for that they will have to beat one of Aus, Sril Lanka, Kiwis...of course thats after they avoid any upsets against Canada, Kenya and ZIM.....................
so not happening..

and i dunt like the idea either, we could tour them in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.......... would love to see Bangladesh playing there.......2 beautiful venues they are :)
They should visit us and feel the heat of Dhaka......

Habib
December 14, 2010, 12:44 PM
Firstly, I won't believe the news until I get it from a reliable source.
Secondly, if it's true, I'm totally against the idea.

ashraful1
December 14, 2010, 12:46 PM
How about we don't go and Pakistan don't come to us meet in the middle (safety first).
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Shaan
December 14, 2010, 01:03 PM
before BCB has said anything about this I'm not convinced by the news, but if it's true then BCB must be proving themselves bunch of losers who doesn't have any dignity. It is Pakistan's turn to visit Bangladesh after all these cancelling dramas..

jamal2004
December 14, 2010, 01:06 PM
bangladesh should not go there before icc says its safe for them"

rinathq
December 14, 2010, 01:07 PM
before BCB has said anything about this I'm not convinced by the news, but if it's true then BCB must be proving themselves bunch of losers who doesn't have any dignity. It is Pakistan's turn to visit Bangladesh after all these cancelling dramas..

Well we cancelled too............. Besides, i really wanna play Pakistan, Bangladesh have the history of 1971 to repeat. Here in Canada, Pakistani players are soo ignorant of our team........cant wait untill Tamim, Sakib, Razzaq, Mash, Rubel just beat the sit out of them

al Furqaan
December 14, 2010, 01:09 PM
i would love nothing better...good relations between PCB and BCB is essential.

but this is too unsafe. unless Obama can guarantee 24 hour drone's flying overhead our team at all times, BCB should not accept.

rinathq
December 14, 2010, 01:15 PM
^^
It clearly says international cricket is returning to "Pakistan" ! they are reffering to the fact that they have not been any matches in the country which they hope to restore

Miraz
December 14, 2010, 01:58 PM
No way!!

Ijaj Butt is famous for "butt talking", I don't give a hoot to his words.

BCB is not that stupid to take the invitation to become a sacrificial lamb.

Ajfar
December 14, 2010, 02:04 PM
haha BS news. First PCB is like well BCB stabbed us in the back they didn't stand behind us so we lost the right to host the world cup. And now BCB agreed to let Bangladesh play is Pakistan. Ya right. Guys this is 100% BS news. ICC is working on coming up with a new FTP until that comes out we don't know who we will be playing, when we will be playing, or where. So just ignore it.

Nadim
December 14, 2010, 02:11 PM
Haha! Do you guy's really believe him? :floor:

imran27
December 14, 2010, 02:33 PM
you guys are just unbelievable, why cant you just wait till the news is confirmed before you start bashing pakistan and pakistan cricket.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=35007

Dilscoop
December 14, 2010, 02:43 PM
No one is bashing Pakistan. We are just praying and hoping that it's a just a false rumor. Lets face it... (I shouldn't have to finish the line)

Murad
December 14, 2010, 03:13 PM
Bhua news (Unless there is a source).

Shubho
December 14, 2010, 03:42 PM
If BD play in Pakistan, do the players get danger money for playing there?

riankhan
December 14, 2010, 04:11 PM
If BD play in Pakistan, do the players get danger money for playing there?

If you consider "Spot" money as danger!......probably......YES....:lol:

Ajfar
December 14, 2010, 05:05 PM
you guys are just unbelievable, why cant you just wait till the news is confirmed before you start bashing pakistan and pakistan cricket.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=35007

2 things. First its not confirmed yet. It should be the other way around. The poster should confirm news first and find some sort of reliable source before just spreading the news.

Number 2 no one's Bashing Pakistan. People are just saying its a BS info or BS news from Butt. Again its not bashing, we are just saying its not safe to play in Pakistan yet. Also the fact that Pakistan owes us a 5 match series from couple years ago, so it doesn't make sense for BD to tour Pakistan, before Pakistan tours BD

Roni_uk
December 14, 2010, 06:04 PM
Decline Decline Decline. Pakistan will never be safe!!! Just do not go there at any cost!!

nycpro96
December 14, 2010, 06:06 PM
This sounds really risky. I don't think we should go there. Why can't they come to Bangladesh?

reyme
December 14, 2010, 06:08 PM
Only way we can go if we have our own security force to protect our players. Even that too is too risky.
More importantly get a retun tour confirmed...

Naimul_Hd
December 14, 2010, 06:19 PM
no way in Pakistan. Its too dangerous.

Its better to have games in UAE just like other games that pakistan had played in recent times. Otherwise a big NO.

Zunaid
December 14, 2010, 06:25 PM
I have amended the title to of the thread.

- Admin

dolcevita
December 14, 2010, 06:50 PM
Izaz butt is fool
any way we should not tour pak , its up to pak to tours BD
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Night_wolf
December 14, 2010, 11:54 PM
Thirdly, if it's false, the thread opener must be banned.

I second that..exactly my words

Rabz
December 15, 2010, 01:06 AM
Yes, we should get danger money, say USD 1 Million per game.
You can't put a price tag on the bravest Tigers on that planet.
But for the sake of our warm ties with phakistanis, I'm ready to look otherwise for once and give 'em a cookie.
USD 5 Million, cash, upfront.
The Play Cheat Bet (PCB) people should not have issue with that petty cash.

tiger_army
December 15, 2010, 01:20 AM
Risk No 1 - talibans will abduct Tamim and Shak so that they can play for the Afgans

Risk No 2 - After the series some dodgy newspaper frm Pak will say, "All the match were fixed and at least 5 bangladeshi player was involved with match fixing and spot fixing." - which will affect on our team.

yaseer
December 15, 2010, 01:26 AM
No way!! Risky in all aspects you think about.

If BCB wants to send a team, then make a team of BCB officials with Lotus Kamal being the captain :)

Jokes apart, I think the news is bhua.

PoorFan
December 15, 2010, 03:30 AM
Never mind their media and butt talking, that stupid butt is killing their cricket, playing too much of foolish politics. BCB should not talk anything until PCB execute their committed tour to Bangladesh first. Last time Ash and co. went there to redeem their security problem, but BD yet to have their promised tour in return. Unless they show respect to their own words, respect to us ... no need to show sympathy or respect till then.

@Habib, why dont you prove that news is a bhua one, and then think of a ban call?

Naimul_Hd
December 15, 2010, 03:31 AM
some of us are really overreacting here and attacking personally which i think goes against BC rules.

Shaan
December 15, 2010, 04:00 AM
Never mind their media and butt talking, that stupid butt is killing their cricket, playing too much of foolish politics. BCB should not talk anything until PCB execute their committed tour to Bangladesh first. Last time Ash and co. went there to redeem their security problem, but BD yet to have their promised tour in return. Unless they show respect to their own words, respect to us ... no need to show sympathy or respect till then.

@Habib, why dont you prove that news is a bhua one, and then think of a ban call?
well said...
@Habib bai, really why need to get so personal?..matha tanda jonogon ;)

Habib
December 15, 2010, 04:21 AM
Never mind their media and butt talking, that stupid butt is killing their cricket, playing too much of foolish politics. BCB should not talk anything until PCB execute their committed tour to Bangladesh first. Last time

Poor fan vai, please think again over what have you just said. So by your logic- I can open a thread with a title 'BD is gonna drown next year' & as a source I can mention a Pakistani channel which we don't watch & get away with it? It's the OP's responsibility to prove the authenticity of the news, not others'.
*Out of this thread*
@Zeeshan vai: For your information, I use the report button quite frequently tbh. And yes I should've used it here too. Also, believe it or not I was really cooled down before the last two of my posts :P

Zeeshan
December 15, 2010, 04:26 AM
@Habib

I think it was a tad bit harsh to scream for his ban; you could've used the report button instead which nowadays seems to be as obsolete as PF bhai's kharam.
-As myself

While I agree about the 'cool down' factor, good retort on the last 2 posts. :)
-As your favorite player

PoorFan
December 15, 2010, 05:30 AM
Poor fan vai, please think again over what have you just said. So by your logic- I can open a thread with a title 'BD is gonna drown next year' & as a source I can mention a Pakistani channel which we don't watch & get away with it? It's the OP's responsibility to prove the authenticity of the news, not others'.

Dear Habib, I thought every one who posted on this thread [including me] had obvious concern on authenticity of that PAK media source, hence some of us started to call it 'bhua', meaning either root source could be not enough authentic, or the poster could made up on purpose. So in my sense, as long as the root source ( PAK media, butt, PCB ) suggest it could be weak one or less authentic ... then the poster should get benefit of doubt, dont you think?

But if you continue to call for a ban, not considering the source itself could a true one [may not be enough authentic], then what option we left other than prove otherwise? I didt meant to be rude on you, rather just wanted to point that out. We made our points clear, and now we are cool like ice rock right?;)

firstlane
December 15, 2010, 06:33 AM
I am sure even motiur rahman nijami wouldnt dare go to pakistan now

Rajput
December 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
Pakistan likely to host Bangladesh full series next year

Bombay News.Net
Wednesday 15th December, 2010 (IANS)

Pakistan is confident of hosting Bangladesh in what will be a ground-breaking home series next year after its cricket chief had a fruitful meeting with Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) officials in Dhaka.

Ijaz Butt, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman, met top Bangladesh cricket officials in Dhaka on the sidelines of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) meeting and discussed the possibility of Bangladesh visiting Pakistan in 2011.

Butt said Wednesday that the BCB has shown its willingness on sending a Bangladesh team to Pakistan for a full series.

'Bangladesh has agreed to tour Pakistan and we hope that the series will rake place here soon,' said Butt.

Pakistan has become a no-go zone for international sportspersons after Sri Lanka's cricket team was ambushed by terrorists in Lahore in March 2009. The attack left several people, mostly policemen, dead while a number of Sri Lankan cricketers and team officials were injured.

PCB officials have since then been making futile efforts to resume international cricket in Pakistan.

Butt is hopeful that Bangladesh will help break the ice by visiting Pakistan soon.

The PCB chief rejected the impression that relations between the PCB and the BCB were strained after Pakistan refused to send its team to Bangladesh on security grounds.

'There have been a few issues between us, but our relations are fine,' he said.

Relations between the two boards touched rock bottom in early 2009 when Bangladesh refused to host Pakistan for a series of five One-day Internationals and two Twenty20 matches in March.

Despite requests from the PCB, the tour was eventually called off by the BCB on government advice a day after the terrorist attack in Lahore.

At that time the BCB said that its government refused to give it clearance for the series. However, the general impression in Pakistan was that the BCB was influenced by the Indian cricket board in its decision to cancel the series.

http://www.bombaynews.net/story/719936/ht/Pakistan-likely-to-host-Bangladesh-full-series-next-year

I shared this one for those who were screaming for my ban for nothing.Yep mates its your forum,enjoy your stay here.Yesterday I shared this when I came across the news through media and I found it worth sharing.

RazabQ
December 15, 2010, 01:37 PM
As Mod:

@ Rajput - the fact that we did not ban you should show that Mods were giving you the benefit of doubt. However, one should not use the "racist" card, misspelled or otherwise, loosely. The vast majority of criticisms/sarcasm/caustic-comments here were clearly directed at Mr. Butt and the PCB. Others were directed at proven security situation in Pakistan and multiple instances of betting allegations. Even the most fervent Pakistani patriot would/should admit there's a lot of grounds for comment on these topics. There was one comment about 1971 that was in poor taste but you have to expect that from a diaspora in which almost everyone can identify a relative or friend who suffered during 1971. You are welcome to stay or leave - however please attempt to be civil and somewhat dispassionate on your interactions on an Internet forum such as BC.

@ Habib & other would be mods - Use the Report button and leave the decision to ban or not to us moderators. And don't call names

@ Ad hominem comment makers: Learn to be specific in your negative comments. Do not make statements such as "Pakis are corrupt". Given that Bangladesh ranks fairly high on the global corruption index that would be the height of pot calling kettle black. Go more for "IMHO, present Pakistani cricket administration is corrupt" or "decision makers in Pakistan are ...". You get the gist!

As myself:
@Gopal: amar style churi koro miya? :)

MarufH
December 15, 2010, 07:40 PM
So here is the news on Prothom Alo: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-16/news/116264

If Lota actually did that... then thats a new low for him. I guess if he did say it would be like this.

Lota: If you guys come to BD now before WC, we can consider coming to Pak soon. (Just my assumptiion)

[বাংলা]
পাকিস্তানে সিরিজ খেলতে যাবে বাংলাদেশ?

চমকে ওঠার মতো খবরই দিলেন পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি) সভাপতি ইজাজ বাট। বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) নাকি আগামী বছরের কোনো একসময়ে পূর্ণাঙ্গ সিরিজ খেলতে পাকিস্তানে দল পাঠাতে রাজি হয়েছে! যদিও বিসিবি কর্মকর্তারা পিসিবি সভাপতির এমন বক্তব্য শুনে আকাশ থেকে পড়েছেন।
সংবাদ সংস্থা আইএএনএস ইজাজ বাটকে উদ্ধৃত করে বলেছে, ঢাকায় অনুষ্ঠিত এসিসির সাম্প্রতিক সভার সময় নাকি পিসিবি-বিসিবির শীর্ষ কর্তাদের মধ্যে বাংলাদেশের পাকিস্তান সফরের ব্যাপারে আলোচনা হয়েছে। ‘বাংলাদেশ পাকিস্তান সফর করতে রাজি হয়েছে। আমরা আশা করি, অচিরেই সিরিজটি এখানে (পাকিস্তান) হবে’—বলেছেন বাট। যদি সত্যি সত্যি আগামী বছর বাংলাদেশ দল পাকিস্তান সফর করে, সে দেশের ক্রিকেটের জন্য তা হবে বড় সংবাদ। কারণ ২০০৯ সালের মার্চে লাহোরে শ্রীলঙ্কা ক্রিকেট দলের ওপর সন্ত্রাসী হামলার পর থেকে এখন পর্যন্ত কোনো আন্তর্জাতিক দলই পাকিস্তান সফর করেনি। অদূর ভবিষ্যতেও কারও সেখানে যাওয়ার কথা শোনা যাচ্ছে না।
ঠিক এমন পরিস্থিতিতেই বাট জানালেন, পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেটের এই বন্ধ্যাত্ব ঘোচাতে যাওয়ার দলটির নাম বাংলাদেশ! কিন্তু বিসিবির মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস পিসিবিকে এমন কোনো প্রতিশ্রুতি দেওয়ার কথা অস্বীকারই করলেন, ‘আমার জানামতে এসিসির সভার সময় এমন কোনো বিষয়ে আলোচনা হয়নি। বিসিবির কোনো শীর্ষ কর্তা পাকিস্তানকে এই আশ্বাস দিয়েছেন, আমার জানা নেই।’ আইসিসির ভবিষ্যৎ সফর পরিকল্পনা অনুযায়ীও ২০১১ সালে বাংলাদেশ দলের কোনো পাকিস্তান সফর নেই। বরং ২০১১ সালের ডিসেম্বরে দুই টেস্ট ও তিন ওয়ানডের সিরিজ খেলতে পাকিস্তানেরই আসার কথা বাংলাদেশে।
এসিসির সভায় বিসিবির শীর্ষ কর্তাদের মধ্যে উপস্থিত ছিলেন শুধু বোর্ড সভাপতি ও এসিসি চেয়ারম্যান আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল। তাহলে কি তিনিই অমন কোনো প্রতিশ্রুতি দিয়েছেন বাটকে? বোর্ড সভাপতি দেশের বাইরে থাকায় জানা যায়নি এ প্রশ্নের উত্তর।
ওদিকে কাল বিসিবির টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির সভায় সিদ্ধান্ত হয়েছে, আগামী বছরের মে মাসে নিউজিল্যান্ডের সঙ্গে হোম সিরিজে শুধু দুটি টেস্টই খেলবে বাংলাদেশ দল। নিউজিল্যান্ড এই সিরিজে দুই টেস্টের সঙ্গে ৫টি ওয়ানডেও খেলতে চেয়েছিল।
[/বাংলা]

godzilla
December 15, 2010, 08:53 PM
I have a question ...

do players have the right to decline to visit certain country (in this case pak) when the board decides a series? If so then any player with half a brain would want to stay away from the dream land of bullet flying all over the place!

PoorFan
December 15, 2010, 11:57 PM
Loser Loitta exchanged PAK toure for Asia cup support? I still doubt Butt claim, he might be saying half truth or hiding something yet to come out.

al-Sagar
December 16, 2010, 01:46 AM
bd team for PAK sereies

javed omar
hannan sarkar
nafees iqbal
ashraful
km pilot
elias sunny
tapash baisya
aftab ahmed
alok kapali

Night_wolf
December 16, 2010, 01:51 AM
bd team for PAK sereies

javed omar
hannan sarkar
nafees iqbal
ashraful
km pilot
elias sunny
tapash baisya
aftab ahmed
alok kapali

lol...era ki dos korlo?

Jadukor
December 16, 2010, 01:57 AM
bd team for PAK sereies

javed omar
hannan sarkar
nafees iqbal
ashraful
km pilot
elias sunny
tapash baisya
aftab ahmed
alok kapali

each an every cricketer's life is very important.... may be the guys listed here aren't so important for our cricketing future but they are all people whom we care about....

lamisa
December 16, 2010, 09:49 AM
no no no no,we should not go to pakistan.either they come to bd or we both go to sharjah or some place!

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 10:00 AM
Until ICC says it is dafe to tour Pakistan. Bangladesh should decline any invitation from PCB.

I agree. Barring that BD should make its own security arrangements, but PCB should pay for these arrangements. We cannot rely on the arrangements of that failed state. (I am sorry that I sounds harsh, but security of our players should be of paramount concern. PCB or the country has not given me any reason to rely on them recently.)

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, we should get danger money, say USD 1 Million per game.
You can't put a price tag on the bravest Tigers on that planet.
But for the sake of our warm ties with phakistanis, I'm ready to look otherwise for once and give 'em a cookie.
USD 5 Million, cash, upfront.
The Play Cheat Bet (PCB) people should not have issue with that petty cash.

Say no. I value our players much more than the USD5M cash. But, the news probably was cooked by the Pak TV channels.

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 10:08 AM
No way!! Risky in all aspects you think about.

If BCB wants to send a team, then make a team of BCB officials with Lotus Kamal being the captain :)

Jokes apart, I think the news is bhua.

I second your motion of the team of BCB officials. Perhaps PCB will keep Lota. I can dream. can't I?

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
Thirdly, if it's false, the thread opener must be banned.

First, I agree.
Second, I strongly agree.
Third, I strongly disagree. I don't think we should call for banning members in the forum. That decision should be the moderators'. One can report an objectionable post or thread.

WorldCup11
December 24, 2010, 05:13 AM
B'desh rule out touring Pak in 2011 (http://content.cricketnirvana.com/news/international/2010/december/news-20101224-434.html)

Friday, December 24, 2010
http://content.cricketnirvana.com/UserFiles/mustafakamal060710_NEWS.jpg

Karachi: Bangladesh have ruled out playing in Pakistan until 2012 but insisted that a busy international calendar, not security fears, is the reason for the decision.

Bangladesh cricket chief Mustafa Kamal insisted the decision of not sending the team to Pakistan is purely schedule-related and has nothing to do with security fears. © AFP

Dismissing chances of the Bangladesh team touring Pakistan for a one-day or Test series in 2011, the President of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Mustafa Kamal said the national team is not in a position to come here before 2012.

"Pakistan and Bangladesh should definitely play, there is nothing wrong in it. I had a fruitful meeting with the PCB Chairman, Ijaz Butt in this regard recently but next year we will only be sending either our under-19 or academy team to Pakistan," said the BCB chief in an interview to News One television channel.

"May be in 2012, we shall be in a position to play in Pakistan," Kamal added.

Kamal made it clear that his board didn't have any security fears about playing in Pakistan .

"It is only because of the tight schedule of the national team, touring Pakistan next year is highly unlikely. We don't see any law and order issue in Pakistan at all. If law and order would have been the issue, then how come we would be sending our under-19 team to Pakistan?" he questioned.

He also said that relations between the two boards were normal and their was no misunderstanding since Bangladesh scrapped a one-day series at home against Pakistan in March 2009 after the terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan team in Lahore.

Kamal said series was not held on the advice of the Bangladesh government and the matter was closed.

Pakistan, however, has bright chances of hosting Zimbabwe for a one-day and Twenty20 series next year after they return from a tour of the West Indies in June.

PTI

Tiger Manc
December 24, 2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the news. It's good that they're not going, but I'm surprised it's because of the schedule. I thought we're struggling for fixtures after the World Cup.

I don't agree on sending youngsters to a country that is reknowned for...

This is quite poor from BCB.

Night_wolf
December 24, 2010, 09:18 AM
at last a sensible decision from BCB..
but no u-19 tour to pak plz

roman
December 24, 2010, 09:28 AM
why cant they invite Pakistan instead?

lamisa
December 24, 2010, 10:32 AM
^^because they don't want to tour us for "Security" reasons,or should i say, insecurity reasons...

Ajfar
December 24, 2010, 10:51 AM
BS article. I dont believe a word of it. How is it possible that a news like this doesnt even get a line from our newspaper but pak/indian newspapers know all about this.

Night_wolf
December 24, 2010, 12:41 PM
BS article. I dont believe a word of it. How is it possible that a news like this doesnt even get a line from our newspaper but pak/indian newspapers know all about this.
[বাংলা]
২০১২ সালের আগে পাকিস্তান সফর নয়: বিসিবি সভাপতি[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]কিছুদিন আগেই পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের সভাপতি ইজাজ বাট বলেছিলেন, বাংলাদেশ নাকি বিশ্বকাপের পরপরই পাকিস্তান সফরে যাচ্ছে। বাটের দেওয়া এই তথ্য সঠিক নয় বলে জানিয়েছিলেন বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের কর্মকর্তারা। বাংলাদেশ যে পাকিস্তান সফরে আসলেই যাচ্ছে না, তা নিশ্চিত করেছেন বোর্ডের সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল। তিনি বলেছেন, ২০১১ সালে পাকিস্তান সফরের কোনো সম্ভাবনাই নেই। তবে তিনি ২০১২ সালে বাংলাদেশের পাকিস্তান সফরের একটা সূক্ষ্ম সম্ভাবনার কথা জানিয়েছেন।
নিউজ ওয়ান নামের একটি টেলিভিশন চ্যানেলকে দেওয়া বিসিবি সভাপতির একটি সাক্ষাৎকারের বরাত দিয়ে ভারতীয় বার্তা সংস্থা পিটিআই জানিয়েছে, নিরাপত্তা শঙ্কায় নয়, ব্যস্ত ক্রিকেট সূচির কারণেই এই মুহূর্তে বাংলাদেশ পাকিস্তান সফরে যাবে না। মোস্তফা কামাল বলেছেন, ‘পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের সভাপতি ইজাজ বাটের সঙ্গে আমার ফলপ্রসূ আলোচনা হয়েছে। বাংলাদেশ অবশ্যই পাকিস্তানে খেলতে যাবে। এ ব্যাপারে সন্দেহের কোনো অবকাশ নেই। তবে ২০১১ সালে ব্যস্ত সফরসূচির কারণে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফরের কোনো সম্ভাবনা নেই। তবে ২০১২ সালে এই সফর অনুষ্ঠিত হওয়ার একটা সম্ভাবনা রয়েছে।’
জাতীয় দল টেস্ট ও ওয়ানডে খেলতে ২০১১ সালে পাকিস্তান সফরে না গেলেও বাংলাদেশ অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ দল পাকিস্তান সফরে যাবে এবং এর কিছুদিন পরই পাকিস্তান অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলও ফিরতি সফরে বাংলাদেশে আসবে বলে জানিয়েছেন বিসিবি সভাপতি।[/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-12-24/news/118076
finaly something in bd newspaper...lota has officially lost it

Night_wolf
December 24, 2010, 12:44 PM
[বাংলা]যে দেশে মসজিদে নামাজ পড়া নিরাপদ নয়, সে দেশে খেলাধুলা তো ভাববার বিষয়।[/বাংলা]

this is a comment from PA..sad but this is the reality in pak..so y should we send our u-19 team..bogus bcb

Habib
December 24, 2010, 12:49 PM
Disturbing news. So to BCB the lives of our U-19 players are less valuable than the national team players' lives?

bd fan
December 24, 2010, 01:11 PM
team to send to pakistan:
Ashraful: Batter and Bowler
Lotus Kamal: wicket keeper and batsman

WorldCup11
December 24, 2010, 03:56 PM

I wonder, who'll be the captain among your preferred players ?!

shuziburo
December 24, 2010, 05:14 PM
"May be in 2012, we shall be in a position to play in Pakistan," Kamal added.

Kamal made it clear that his board didn't have any security fears about playing in Pakistan.

"It is only because of the tight schedule of the national team, touring Pakistan next year is highly unlikely. We don't see any law and order issue in Pakistan at all. If law and order would have been the issue, then how come we would be sending our under-19 team to Pakistan?" he questioned.

These comments should be reason enough to sack this worthless, corrupt, ineffective, criminal BCB President.

Clearly, he does not value the security of our players. BD should not tour Pakistan until ICC declares the country safe for tours.

shuziburo
December 24, 2010, 05:16 PM

I like this team. Lota can also be the skipper.

shuziburo
December 24, 2010, 05:17 PM
^^because they don't want to tour us for "Security" reasons,or should i say, insecurity reasons...

Do you mean the PCB insecurity?

LateCut
December 24, 2010, 09:09 PM
Pakis are irrelevant. They need us more than we need them. If I had the power. I would direct BCB to stop anything to do with PCB. Privately, I will ask young uncorrupted players from Talibstan to take up BD citizenship and aspire to play for BD.

Rabz
December 25, 2010, 04:32 AM
^^ Why would u do that ?
Dont we have enough of our own youngsters ??
Its in their gene. "Young uncorrupt" would soon turn into "not so young corrupt"....

lamisa
December 25, 2010, 10:31 AM
Do you mean the PCB insecurity?

there players arte all being rounded up and sent to jail,they are crap now and we are improving.

Ajfar
December 25, 2010, 11:13 AM
^ but even with their screwed up team they managed to beat Australia and England recently in test match and draw test match with south africa. Even with all the crap their team is going through they are not as bad of a team the media or we are making them look like. I hope for their cricket sake they can do something amazing in the world cup.

zainab
December 26, 2010, 07:54 AM
Should'nt Pakistan tour BD as a reciprocal tour, because BD went there a couple of years aga.

Why all the talk. I read somewhere on Cricinfo that BD may go there as a junior tour, i guess that will be the U/19 team.
IMO, no cricketing nation should visit that corrupt and terrorist infested country until they get their act together. The fanatics were succesful to prevent other countries from touring Pak when they attacked the Sri lankans. They will be forced to play home games on neutral grounds or get the ICC to give them more overseas tours.

shuziburo
December 26, 2010, 02:09 PM
Should'nt Pakistan tour BD as a reciprocal tour, because BD went there a couple of years aga.

Why all the talk. I read somewhere on Cricinfo that BD may go there as a junior tour, i guess that will be the U/19 team.
IMO, no cricketing nation should visit that corrupt and terrorist infested country until they get their act together. The fanatics were succesful to prevent other countries from touring Pak when they attacked the Sri lankans. They will be forced to play home games on neutral grounds or get the ICC to give them more overseas tours.

Unless they can guarantee the security of our players in writing, BD should not send any team. It is one of the most dangerous places in the world right now.