PDA

View Full Version : Blackcaps proposed to play 2 Test and 5 ODI immediately after WC 2011

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 04:14 PM
Looks like Kiwis looking for another "Banglawash"

BCB's cricket operations committee chairman Enayet Hossain Siraj however informed that they would also talk about the New Zealand cricket board's proposal of playing two Tests and five one-day internationals immediately after the World Cup.
"We will discuss on the New Zealand proposal but it will not be easy to find a slot for accommodating the series," said Siraj

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166096

Raynman
December 14, 2010, 04:18 PM
Looks like our stock price has risen :)

If we can manage a 2011 with series' vs. NZ, WI and possibly PAK, we could be in for a good year.

simon
December 14, 2010, 04:19 PM
no they want a Kiwi wash.

Nadim
December 14, 2010, 04:19 PM
Age Ashuk tarpore dekha jabe ki diye wash korle sobcheye shada fok foka hobe ....;)

Dilscoop
December 14, 2010, 04:22 PM
Wait, home or away?

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
Wait, home or away?

Home offcourse. They were supposed to play 2 test anyway which was postponed by BCB. 5 ODI is a bonus. I hope it happens because there is good money to be made for Bangladesh Cricket specially from the ODI.

Ajfar
December 14, 2010, 05:01 PM
Isn't that perfect for us? Because since Australia is not coming we are free. What is Siraj talking about?

riankhan
December 14, 2010, 05:09 PM
kill em all
Muhahahahaha

roman
December 14, 2010, 05:38 PM
What is Siraj talking about? This is a golden opportunity for us since Aus is not coming.

Roni_uk
December 14, 2010, 06:01 PM
ohhh.. brilliant news. Wish it was before the world cup though!! but fine we will take it.

Murad
December 14, 2010, 06:16 PM
Isn't that perfect for us? Because since Australia is not coming we are free. What is Siraj talking about?

Australia hasn't cancelled the series as far as I know. Until Australia cancel it officially, BCB can't schedule a series against another country during that time.

Naimul_Hd
December 14, 2010, 06:22 PM
ohh man...they just cant wait for revenge ! :D

simon
December 14, 2010, 06:43 PM
they missed Tamim a lot (specially Vett)last time so...:-D

dolcevita
December 14, 2010, 06:48 PM
Banglawash taste too good they wants more
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Antora
December 14, 2010, 06:51 PM
aahahaha! I'm lovig this :D

I say, lets eat some KIWI :D

billah
December 14, 2010, 06:59 PM
I just love the fact that JS has already submitted his detailed plan of preparation for the WC, told the board exactly what he wants - all before he leaves for the holidays. Shows the man has his heart in to this.

This is a relief.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
December 14, 2010, 07:05 PM
I think we should let australia to play...so that we can banglawash them

MohammedC
December 14, 2010, 07:46 PM
Australia hasn't cancelled the series as far as I know. Until Australia cancel it officially, BCB can't schedule a series against another country during that time.

But if you leave it too late you may end up with nothing. It would be better if BCB gets a confirmation from Aussie as soon as possible so they can plan for alternative if Australian cancel the series.

PoorFan
December 14, 2010, 08:19 PM
Home offcourse. They were supposed to play 2 test anyway which was postponed by BCB. 5 ODI is a bonus. I hope it happens because there is good money to be made for Bangladesh Cricket specially from the ODI.
BCB postponed on request from NZ, wasnt it? Anyway its a very good news, 5 ODIs indeed a bonus. That Siraj comment is a businessman comment I guess, once BCB is sure that AUS is not coming ... they WILL grab it with both hand.

And look how serious professional that NZ board is! they know they are in bottom so without any moment waste, they find a team can fairly win [if not dominate] to up their performance and self believe. Good for them and its good for us, and I am happy.

rinathq
December 14, 2010, 08:35 PM
Well well, isnt this a much better offer than Pakistan? I have a feeling if we perform well, our demand will rise higher.....
Guys dunt count on Aussies canceling the tour.... the way they are getting destroyed in the Ashes, and they will suck at the world cup, they also got beaten by India and Sri Lanka, they will want to visit us. It will be great if we can have WI, NZ, AUS, PAK and lets throw in ZIM to tour us next year..... Thats still not a lot considering how much more cricket our players need to play to get better, but its good.

Ajfar
December 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
But if you leave it too late you may end up with nothing. It would be better if BCB gets a confirmation from Aussie as soon as possible so they can plan for alternative if Australian cancel the series.

No MO bhai than we are making CA's job much easier. They don't have to bother coming up with excuses to drop the series. they can just be like well BCB wanted to play with NZ so we said sure why not.

tanim3960
December 14, 2010, 08:40 PM
Cool.......lets go for another banglawash

al Furqaan
December 14, 2010, 08:53 PM

knowing our ***-clowns, he's prolly tryin to make some time so we can squeeze in the series in a firing zone (pakistan) a will cause us to lose this kiwi series.

PCB owes US a tour...if they think Bangladesh is unsafe, let them try to get BCCI to tour their firing zone first.

Zeeshan
December 14, 2010, 10:02 PM
We should flatly refuse. We need more variation in our diet. I personally want a Sri Lanka/Aus/Saffer series.

Night_wolf
December 14, 2010, 11:38 PM
they want revenge and they want it fast!..whether they will able to get revenge is a whole another story

Night_wolf
December 14, 2010, 11:39 PM
We should flatly refuse. We need more variation in our diet. I personally want a Sri Lanka/Aus/Saffer series.

when we lose comments like this come back and bite us..

Rabz
December 15, 2010, 01:00 AM
Isn't the likes of McCullum, Tyler, Rider and Vettori playing in the IPL ?
Dont see much chance of anything happening during the IPL season.

Habib
December 15, 2010, 01:27 AM
Looks like our stock price has risen :)

If we can manage a 2011 with series' vs. NZ, WI and possibly PAK, we could be in for a good year.

Exactly. That's what good performance does for you.

jisaan
December 15, 2010, 01:38 AM
Revenge?
we need more matches with them to climb up the ladder fast!

One thing is for sure:
matches agt NZ will never be the same again.

don't know abt Bangla-Wash but we are gonna beat them again, Insha-Allah!

ammark
December 15, 2010, 01:41 AM
Right now, I'd settle for any Test Match with some white boys. Any test match played is good for our cricketers. I'd want the quality and contestability that Aus or NZ would bring. Time to show 'em what we can do.

yaseer
December 15, 2010, 01:45 AM
Yes!! effect of Banglawash. Now they want to come back again.
Its a good news and hoping a Test series win this time.

firstlane
December 15, 2010, 06:42 AM

vaat khaite vaat paina abar cha. how many tests did we win?

firstlane
December 15, 2010, 06:43 AM
no they want a Kiwi wash.

but we want a washed kiwi:D

lamisa
December 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
another banglawash our way!wowwww

amar11432
December 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
Only 2 Test (No 5 ODIs)

Yunus said that the technical committee has decided to host New Zealand only for two Tests in May next year. "It's not possible to accommodate two Tests and five one-day internationals."

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=166219

Tiger Manc
December 15, 2010, 02:38 PM
I don't get it. I thought we're struggling to get teams to play us? Surely we can host them after the Australia series.

Murad
December 15, 2010, 03:26 PM
I don't get it. I thought we're struggling to get teams to play us? Surely we can host them after the Australia series.

We can? In the monsoon season?

shuziburo
December 15, 2010, 03:55 PM
Looks like Kiwis looking for another "Banglawash"

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=166096

It will be difficult to accommodate another series? I guess countries are banging on our door to tour us.

shuziburo
December 15, 2010, 03:56 PM

ektu rong dekhachchhe mone hoy...

shuziburo
December 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
they missed Tamim a lot (specially Vett)last time so...:-D

Wouldn't it be interesting if TIK kills the NZ bowlers?

shuziburo
December 15, 2010, 04:00 PM
Well well, isnt this a much better offer than Pakistan? I have a feeling if we perform well, our demand will rise higher.....
Guys dunt count on Aussies canceling the tour.... the way they are getting destroyed in the Ashes, and they will suck at the world cup, they also got beaten by India and Sri Lanka, they will want to visit us. It will be great if we can have WI, NZ, AUS, PAK and lets throw in ZIM to tour us next year..... Thats still not a lot considering how much more cricket our players need to play to get better, but its good.

I say Ameen to the Aussies getting thrashed. I don't like the current Australian team, because of their politeness and humility. I, in fact, was a Australian supported of the team led by Ian Chappell. Gregg Chappell started turning me off. Ricky Ponting was the final blow. I can't stand arrogance!

shuziburo
December 15, 2010, 04:02 PM
Right now, I'd settle for any Test Match with some white boys. Any test match played is good for our cricketers. I'd want the quality and contestability that Aus or NZ would bring. Time to show 'em what we can do.

Our total test point is what? Eight? We definitely should play more tests.

betaar
December 15, 2010, 05:11 PM
I say Ameen to the Aussies getting thrashed. I don't like the current Australian team, because of their politeness and humility. I, in fact, was a Australian supported of the team led by Ian Chappell. Gregg Chappell started turning me off. Ricky Ponting was the final blow. I can't stand arrogance!

Aren't you contradicting yourself?

And speaking of arrogance, what do you think this thread is full of; in fact, what do you think BC is full of lately?

Everything we dislike the Indians and the Australians for, we turn around and do it ourselves. Humility is better than arrogance especially when we support a team like ours.

mafizraju
December 15, 2010, 05:41 PM

And speaking of arrogance, what do you think this thread is full of; in fact, what do you think BC is full of lately?

Everything we dislike the Indians and the Australians for, we turn around and do it ourselves. Humility is better than arrogance especially when we support a team like ours.

I Have to second this...... way to go Betaar...

I still do not get the financial logic bullshit from the BCB officials of denying ODI matches with NZ. I just do not get it...their inability to arrange few extra matches before worldcup is really mindbonggling. What is so hard about it....even if we were to go to SL to play? why do we have to, I mean absolutely have to play in Dhaka??? I just don't get it...I am so furious about the incompetence of this Borad.....I mean seriously.....this lotus, shiraj and thier board is utterly useless.......

Murad
December 15, 2010, 06:06 PM
How can you expect BD to go to SL when SL postponed the WI ODI series to January for bad weather?

dolcevita
December 15, 2010, 06:33 PM
Need a test series victory against NZ
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

FagunerAgun
December 15, 2010, 08:04 PM
A great proposal, can't wait for the next bout.

FagunerAgun
December 15, 2010, 08:05 PM
Need a test series victory against NZ

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Nice expectation,,which is now possible.

Night_wolf
December 15, 2010, 11:11 PM
Nice expectation,,which is now possible.

we still have to take 20 wickets

PoorFan
December 15, 2010, 11:48 PM
Dont get it, how those moron BCB can not accommodate those 5 ODIs against NZ in May?

al-Sagar
December 16, 2010, 01:46 AM
tahole home test series joy beshi duure noy ...

Tigers_eye
December 16, 2010, 07:01 AM
Wait, home or away?
All I can say ESPN3 rules.

lamisa
December 16, 2010, 09:34 AM
^^^how is that even related?

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 09:52 AM

I was not contradicting myself. I guess your sarcasm sensors were not working.

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 09:56 AM
I Have to second this...... way to go Betaar...

I still do not get the financial logic bullshit from the BCB officials of denying ODI matches with NZ. I just do not get it...their inability to arrange few extra matches before worldcup is really mindbonggling. What is so hard about it....even if we were to go to SL to play? why do we have to, I mean absolutely have to play in Dhaka??? I just don't get it...I am so furious about the incompetence of this Borad.....I mean seriously.....this lotus, shiraj and thier board is utterly useless.......

I hope you already figured out the value of Lotus. He has given us ample opportunities in the past.

There is no way they can justify not giving NZ the two series they wanted. No. "Our schedule cannot accommodate these matches" do not work. I would like to know, why the schedule cannot accommodate these matches. What will the team be busy with?

auntu
December 19, 2010, 01:09 PM
What a loser idiot bunch o of morons are running BCB! They can spend 5 million BDT for general meeting but can't spend for ODIs for national team!

bujhee kom
December 19, 2010, 03:04 PM
Khoborta shuney ami khoob excited hoe gechi!

Rabz
December 19, 2010, 03:27 PM
A test series in May itself is pretty shaky thing to plan.
It would be in the middle of summer and chances of days washed away due to rain is very much possible.
NZ would be suicidal to come during that period.
They would be roasted and grilled in our summer weather and would
seriously look like red lobster.
I'm already feeling sorry for them.

Night_wolf
December 19, 2010, 11:32 PM
Wright replaces Greatbatch as New Zealand coach (http://www.espncricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/493512.html)

hmm..will this make any significance

jisaan
December 20, 2010, 07:00 AM
I hope you already figured out the value of Lotus. He has given us ample opportunities in the past.

There is no way they can justify not giving NZ the two series they wanted. No. "Our schedule cannot accommodate these matches" do not work. I would like to know, why the schedule cannot accommodate these matches. What will the team be busy with?

bunch of losers!
if they have to turn down a 5-match series with a TOP TEAM, they should STEP DOWN immediately...
Oh those losers!!!:applause::applause::applause:

Haru-party
December 20, 2010, 12:06 PM
everytime i see this thread i read black ops

tanim3960
December 20, 2010, 12:29 PM
we still have to take 20 wickets
we did it against WI and ZIM once........