PDA

View Full Version : Petition Thread to BCB: Please extend Mr. Ian Pont's contract after the world Cup 2011

Rifat
December 15, 2010, 08:20 PM
Got the idea from this thread:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1247908

Here is something I would like to highlight:

--
Read the part in bold. I believe it is to our benefit to re-sign Ian as soon as possible. The Board must act now! Remember what happened to McInnes. You do not decide once the contract has expired, you decide way before that. No one waits for a contract to be over before looking for the next gig. I think we should make a concerted effort to let the powers that be know that they must act NOW.

Totally agree :)

Doc, please make a petition thread about this....
BC Fans have a lot of power, let's use it!

You thought of it - take the lead, man! Every fan has equal value. Go for it!

We do not want to lose him.

I am the first one to sign this petition. If Jamie Siddom's doesn't renew his contract, then hey? why not go for head coach as well ;)?

Signed.

cricket_pagol
December 15, 2010, 08:23 PM
Definitely want Ian Pont to continue. However, after the world cup I want him to focus on players outside the national team and help train local coaches.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
December 15, 2010, 08:38 PM
Yes Ian Pont can give us some useful Pacer.. so I sign on this

Naimul_Hd
December 15, 2010, 08:40 PM
Petition Thread to BCB: Please extend Mr. Ian Pont's contract after before the world Cup 2011.

we need to extend his contract before the WC, otherwise, if we wait for WC to be finished then it may be too late !

So, extend his contract right NOW. :)

signed !

Zunaid
December 15, 2010, 09:56 PM
I concur. Ian should be locked in as soon as he returns from his hols. End Jan at the latest.

tail-ender
December 15, 2010, 10:30 PM
signed.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

al-Sagar
December 16, 2010, 01:55 AM
signed

amar11432
December 16, 2010, 02:20 AM
I say wait and see our performance in the world cup.

Zunaid
December 16, 2010, 02:22 AM

He has shown enough promise that I vote we try to lock him in. If we wait till the end of the WC, which incidentally is also the end of his contract, he will have signed on to something else by then.

People DO NOT wait around for one gig to end before they search for the next one.

PoorFan
December 16, 2010, 02:59 AM
Yeah book him before its late, Loitta busy talking trash with Butt.

magic boy
December 16, 2010, 03:24 AM
signed.

deshprem
December 16, 2010, 03:29 AM
signed

Murad
December 16, 2010, 03:30 AM
Ki laab eshob petition diye? Ke shunbe amader kotha?

I will be happy if they make one of Fountain and Pont our head coach.

inspyr9
December 16, 2010, 03:33 AM
i would say i have seen a definite improvement in our fast bowlers after mr. pont took over which i havent seen during champaka's time. so

signed

Night_wolf
December 16, 2010, 03:34 AM
signed...lotus ai thread ta dakte parle valo hoto

Habib
December 16, 2010, 04:35 AM
Ki laab eshob petition diye? Ke shunbe amader kotha?

I will be happy if they make one of Fountain and Pont our head coach.

Ditto. Then again someone like Isam vai can make our voices be heard.
Signed.

irteja
December 16, 2010, 05:20 AM
signed

kiriket
December 16, 2010, 06:04 AM
jan, sobai eto kore bolchen, ami oke rekhe dilam.

shakibrulz
December 16, 2010, 06:20 AM

This. There's no spectacular change in bowling after ponts arrival. Still the spinners are doing the hard work, and yes, fast bowlers are doing fine enough but the sample size is too small. If they do well in the World cup, I'll whole heartedly agree.

amar11432
December 16, 2010, 07:52 AM
He has shown enough promise that I vote we try to lock him in. If we wait till the end of the WC, which incidentally is also the end of his contract, he will have signed on to something else by then.

People DO NOT wait around for one gig to end before they search for the next one.

i would say i have seen a definite improvement in our fast bowlers after mr. pont took over which i havent seen during champaka's time. so

signed

4 games plus another 4 games with a minnow that too ALL home games doesn't mean there is a clear trend. WC11 will be the ultimate benchmark on how we have been progressing. Also need to see how the bowlers perform on foreign pitches, with pont's help. There are just too many variables to consider before hastily signing on a coach for a multi-year contract.

Ian Pont is definitely a good coach but there are even better ones out there. Every one is replaceable.

LBW103
December 16, 2010, 08:39 AM
Ian Pont is definitely a good coach but there are even better ones out there. Every one is replaceable.

Type 'fast bowling coaching' into Google and see who comes up.... we have already got the BEST

Rabz
December 16, 2010, 08:51 AM
Signed.

lamisa
December 16, 2010, 09:18 AM
signed

amar11432
December 16, 2010, 09:25 AM

Type 'fast bowling coaching' into Google and see who comes up.... we have already got the BEST

:floor:

LBW103
December 16, 2010, 11:39 AM
:floor:

you are one strange guy

Mahmood
December 16, 2010, 11:50 AM
I am supposed to meet Mr. Lotas Kamal when I visit Bangladesh this month. I will definitely suggest him to sign Ian for long term.

amar11432
December 16, 2010, 12:32 PM
you are one strange guy

Ohh jeezzzz, the reason why pont come up in ur google search is because he owns a bowling academy in the UK. And thus since he is associated with it his name comes up according to google pagerank NOT because he is the best bowling coach.

On the side note, peps @ BC are over the top emotional, that the vive I'm getting. Couple of recent games won doesn't mean we have the best of everything. Still need to try many combinations. But for the short term WC11 pont is great.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Raynman
December 16, 2010, 12:32 PM
not extend. Offer contract as HEAD COACH ! (in all seriousness)

amar11432
December 16, 2010, 12:38 PM
^^ lol, lan pont for prime minister.

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 12:55 PM
Dear BCB,

Please promptly extend Mr. Pont's contract. He has already proved effective in his short tenure. Delays in re-upping his contract will likely mean that our bowlers will be forced to work with a lesser coach after the World Cup.

Thanking you,

Dr. K Alam

LBW103
December 16, 2010, 01:25 PM
Ohh jeezzzz, the reason why pont come up in ur google search is because he owns a bowling academy in the UK. And thus since he is associated with it his name comes up according to google pagerank NOT because he is the best bowling coach.

On the side note, peps @ BC are over the top emotional, that the vive I'm getting. Couple of recent games won doesn't mean we have the best of everything. Still need to try many combinations. But for the short term WC11 pont is great.

OK .. if you search Google for "world's best bowling coach"... Pont appears more than anyone else and on the main page

Nadim
December 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
Too bad, none of the BCB members have enough time to visit BC so another pointless petition...:(

Would have been better if you can forward Pont's interview to BCB...:waiting:

Tiger Manc
December 16, 2010, 01:45 PM
signed

LBW103
December 16, 2010, 02:41 PM

Ian Pont, the PitchVision Academy Fast Bowling Coach, is set to be the "new Troy Cooley" by becoming linked with the vacant England bowling coach role.
The former Essex bowler has been coaching at the online PitchVision Academy since it launched in February 2009. His course "How to Bowl Faster" has proved one of the most popular on the site, giving the in-depth advice and drills you would expect from a coach with experience with ECB, Essex, Northamptonshire, Holland and a host of individual talents such as Dale Steyn and Darren Gough. Now many are calling for him to take on the England role too.
"PitchVision Academy would be proud to see Ian in the England fast bowling role," said Director of Coaching David Hinchliffe, "we selected Ian for our elite panel because we know he is the best fast bowling coach in the business. For us it wasn't about playing experience, but about the ability to get the best out of players technically, mentally and tactically. Ian does that every day with real bowlers online and offline. The England bowlers would benefit immensely from his influence, just as PitchVision Academy members already do."

Others appear to back Pont as the best, and those who know cricket well.

roman
December 16, 2010, 04:53 PM
Why only Pont? We should keep fountain too

Raynman
December 16, 2010, 04:59 PM
He says he wants to be an international head coach, he's showing interest in BD and thinking long term, I say we give it to him.

It seems to be him and Fountain running the show for the past few months anyways. I wonder what his real opinion on Siddons is.

LateCut
December 16, 2010, 05:34 PM
We heve a very low specific heat. We seem to get hot or cold at the slightest change in the environment. I would wait till the end of the world cup to deliver a judgement on Ian. We have to win against the powerhouse teams and at their terms. I am afraid the terms would not be bowl and bowl SLAs. Seamers will have to blunt the top order in order for us to win consistently. This what Ian brought in to improve upon. So, I am rooting for Ian to succeed but wold not deliver the blank cheque now.

Zeeshan
December 16, 2010, 05:46 PM
I agree with amar1234.

As much as I love having Pont as our coach, there is no direct causal connexion between Pont and our immediate success against Kiwis.

And also as far as hiring foreign coaches my stance remains unchanged: BCB shouldn't be the one to go pleading rather have them be the ones in line...yes, even given the fact we have very few to offer. (We all saw how people like Klusener treats us....)

Zunaid
December 16, 2010, 06:35 PM
In this instance, Pont also wants it. So it is a win-win.

I have seen enough to stand by my call to bring him in for a longer haul. There is ENOUGH evidence is that he is succeeding in moving the big ship the way it needs to. Granted - the real test (pun intended) will be longer term (yet another intended pun), but here is a man who is eminently qualified, has past track records to prove it and really wants to be here.

I am not saying give him the keys to the city but perhaps the keys to the executive washroom? Sign him up on a provisional contract that keeps him here past the World Cup and for at least a year with an escape clause that he could be released at the end of the WC.

Having been involved in the business side of tech-startups, I've seen what makes a good leader. A good leader is able to take fewer data points and yet create a clear pattern using his/her past experience and savvy and then make timely business decisions. The bad ones (or some of the pure engineers in exec positions) needed every data point to be crystallized and every equation fully formed before they'll get off their rear end and make a decision. And by the time they do this, it is too late.

And it may be too late for us too if the PTB at the BCB repeat the McInnes folly.

MarufH
December 16, 2010, 07:07 PM
After reading his interview, I am convinced he should take the role for a long term... another 2-3 years at least.

Signed.

FagunerAgun
December 16, 2010, 08:18 PM
Signed.

Pont likes Bangladesh, hope it works both ways to their best, and the sooner, the better.

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 10:19 PM
In this instance, Pont also wants it. So it is a win-win.

I have seen enough to stand by my call to bring him in for a longer haul. There is ENOUGH evidence is that he is succeeding in moving the big ship the way it needs to. Granted - the real test (pun intended) will be longer term (yet another intended pun), but here is a man who is eminently qualified, has past track records to prove it and really wants to be here.

I am not saying give him the keys to the city but perhaps the keys to the executive washroom? Sign him up on a provisional contract that keeps him here past the World Cup and for at least a year with an escape clause that he could be released at the end of the WC.

Having been involved in the business side of tech-startups, I've seen what makes a good leader. A good leader is able to take fewer data points and yet create a clear pattern using his/her past experience and savvy and then make timely business decisions. The bad ones (or some of the pure engineers in exec positions) needed every data point to be crystallized and every equation fully formed before they'll get off their rear end and make a decision. And by the time they do this, it is too late.

And it may be too late for us too if the PTB at the BCB repeat the McInnes folly.

I agree. I underlined the key points. Patience is a virtue, most of the time. In this instance, we should move quickly, before the train leaves the station.

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 10:22 PM
I agree with amar1234.

As much as I love having Pont as our coach, there is no direct causal connexion between Pont and our immediate success against Kiwis.

And also as far as hiring foreign coaches my stance remains unchanged: BCB shouldn't be the one to go pleading rather have them be the ones in line...yes, even given the fact we have very few to offer. (We all saw how people like Klusener treats us....)

I don't think Pont needs any pleading. He is interested in continuing. Since he joined, among other things, I have seen one change in Rubel that no other coach could manage before. Rubel was bowling with control. Remember that delivery that got Mills? Rubel of old would have tried something crazier.

LBW103
December 17, 2010, 03:25 AM
A few points to ponder.

The performance of the fast bowlers at the world cup is not how we should judge Pont. That's how we should judge the fast bowlers themselves. Pont can be judged on what the bowlers say, how he is making a difference to their thinking and training, and whether he has good, solid ideas over time to develop fast bowlers generally. His track record is of developing quicks (Dale Steyn, Darren Gough) so I don't think we need to worry about that.

I am always worried we seem to want to judge a coach for the wrong reasons. We lost 27 from 29 ODI's before Pont. Now we have won 7 from 8. The fast bowlers are bowling with amazing control and not going for 6 and 7 an over like before he came. What else do we need to know about this guy, that we don't already know?

Second point is that the Australian, NZ, India and SA pace bowling positions are most likely under review after the World Cup. Two of those will be advertised in january. Pont will be gone.

We get someone this good and then we dither. Pont has shown how Rubel can be controlled and Shafiul can swing the ball away - things Champaka could never get done, or any other coach.

We are our own worst enemies. Just contract the guy on a great deal and make sure he stays.

lamisa
December 17, 2010, 04:05 AM
^^^very good points u have mentioned there.we should sign him up ASAP otherwise the bigger and richer teams will be on their way to snatch him from us

max410
December 17, 2010, 01:04 PM
i totally agree with you guys he should also work with shahadat hossain and syed russel for more speed and also control

AsifTheManRahman
December 17, 2010, 06:18 PM
A few points to ponder.

The performance of the fast bowlers at the world cup is not how we should judge Pont. That's how we should judge the fast bowlers themselves. Pont can be judged on what the bowlers say, how he is making a difference to their thinking and training, and whether he has good, solid ideas over time to develop fast bowlers generally.

I'll have to disagree. If the FB's fail, the coach must share the blame. Not all of it, but definitely not none of it either.

But yes, bring him in for a long haul.

Dilscoop
December 17, 2010, 06:25 PM
Signed blindly

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3yFHRiM8uhUv5PVvHfae2umiyfDa8n HqOxxKZ1Db4XsJbNYKR

Nafi
December 17, 2010, 07:56 PM
Well lets look at stats

The NZ tour

Rubel Hossain (Ban) 27.3 overs /1 maiden /6 wickets / Best: 4/25 / Average: 17.66 / 3.85 economy/ 27.5 SR

Shafiul Islam (Ban) 16.3 overs/0 maiden/ 3 wickets/Best:2/39 /Average: 28.00 /5.09 economy/ 33.0 0 0

In the Zim tour

Shafiul Islam (Ban) 25.1 overs/1 maiden/5 wickets/Best: 4/43/ Average:20.40 /economy 4.05 / SR: 30.2

Pretty good figures, I would say from our upcoming pacers

Did not include Mortaza, as he is not 100% match fit, he did an okay job against zim, taking three wickets @ an average of 32, economy rate of 3.62.

LBW103
December 18, 2010, 07:58 AM
Well lets look at stats

The NZ tour

Rubel Hossain (Ban) 27.3 overs /1 maiden /6 wickets / Best: 4/25 / Average: 17.66 / 3.85 economy/ 27.5 SR

Shafiul Islam (Ban) 16.3 overs/0 maiden/ 3 wickets/Best:2/39 /Average: 28.00 /5.09 economy/ 33.0 0 0

In the Zim tour

Shafiul Islam (Ban) 25.1 overs/1 maiden/5 wickets/Best: 4/43/ Average:20.40 /economy 4.05 / SR: 30.2

Pretty good figures, I would say from our upcoming pacers

Did not include Mortaza, as he is not 100% match fit, he did an okay job against zim, taking three wickets @ an average of 32, economy rate of 3.62.

And bear in mind the seamers bowl in the POWER PLAYS at the beginning and end. They used to be going for 6 and 7 and over.. WHAT A DIFFERENCE NOW

Naimul_Hd
December 18, 2010, 08:36 PM
ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগকে ইয়ান পন্টের বৃদ্ধাঙ্গুলি (http://banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=0f66d5d47cc484792935962c50253 404&nttl=2010121921034&toppos=1)

ইয়ান পন্ট দেশে গেছেন বড়দিনের ছুটি কাটাতে। ফিরবেন ছয় জানুয়ারি। ছুটি দিয়েছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)। অথচ ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগ ইয়ানের ছুটির বিষয়ে আগে থেকে কিছু জানতে পারেনি।

আসলে বোলিং কোচ ছুটি নিয়েছেন বিসিবির প্রশাসনিক বিভাগ থেকে। তাই ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের চেয়ারম্যান এনায়েত হোসেন সিরাজ এবং বিভাগীয় কর্মচারিদের কিছু জানানোর প্রয়োজন বোধ করেননি। ইয়ান ইংল্যান্ড চলে যাওয়ার দুই দিন পর শনিবার এনায়েত হোসেনের ব্যক্তিগত কার্যালয়ে ছুটির ফাইল পাঠানো হয়। কারণ বোলিং কোচের ছুটির অনুমোদন দেবেন ক্রিকেট পরিচালান বিভাগের চেয়ারম্যান।

অদ্ভুত নিয়ম বটে! আগে দেশে ফেরা পরে ছুটির অনুমোদন। বিসিবি থেকে নিয়োগ পেলেও জাতীয় দলের কোচিং স্টাফদের যাবতীয় বিষয় দেখভালের দায়িত্ব ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের। সেখান থেকেই তাদেরকে দিক নির্দেশনা দেওয়া হয়। কিন্তু ইয়ান ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগকে বৃদ্ধাঙ্কুলি দেখালেন। এতে এনায়েত হোসেন সিরাজের বিভাগের দুর্বলতাও প্রকাশ পেয়ে গেলো। বিসিবির প্রশাসনও ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের সঙ্গে সমন্বয় করে না।

বোলিং কোচের সংশ্লিষ্ট বিভাগকে না বলে যাওয়ার বিষয়ে জানতে চাইলে এনায়েত হোসেন সিরিজ বলেন,“আমার কাছে কাগজ এসেছে। আমি দেখছি। বিদেশি সব কোচ দেশে চলে গেছে।”

ইয়ান ছাড়া বিদেশি অন্য স্টাফরা ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের মাধ্যমে যাবতীয় কাজ করে থাকেন। প্রধান কোচ ছুটিতে গেছেন। ফিল্ডিং কোচ জুলিয়ান ফাউন্টেন দেশে ফেরার অপেক্ষায় আছেন। ছুটি অনুমোদন হয়ে গেছে। ফিজিও মাইকেল হেনরি আপাতত ঢাকার বাসায় অলস সময় কাটাচ্ছেন। অথচ এনায়েত হোসেন বলছেন সবাই চলে গেছেন!

ভবিষ্যত চুক্তির বিষয়ে জানতে বিসিবির মতামত জানতে অপেক্ষা করছেন ফিজিও। সোমবার তিনি জেনে যাবেন বিশ্বকাপের পরে চুক্তির মেয়াদ বাড়বে কি না। সেল ফোনে হেনরির সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করা হলে বাংলানিউজকে জানান,“নেতিবাচক উত্তর পেলে এখন থেকেই চাকরির খোঁজে নামবো। অন্তত তিন মাস আগে আমাকে জানতে হবে ভবিষ্যত সম্পর্কে। শেষ সময় জানালে বেকার হয়ে পড়তে পারি। নিশ্চতায় তেমন কিছু চাইবো না।”

এখানেও ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগ নির্বিকার। হেনরিদের কোন বিষয়ে নিশ্চয়তা দিতে পারছে না। নির্বাহী কমিটির ওপর দায় চাপিয়ে হাতগুটিয়ে বসে থাকেন ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের কর্মকর্তারা।

ei holo amader matha mota BCB officials der kar bar....what else do we expect more ?? paper e likhei kichu hoy na, ar petition thread to durer kotha !!! :(

LBW103
December 19, 2010, 07:28 AM
ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগকে ইয়ান পন্টের বৃদ্ধাঙ্গুলি (http://banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=0f66d5d47cc484792935962c50253 404&nttl=2010121921034&toppos=1)

ei holo amader matha mota BCB officials der kar bar....what else do we expect more ?? paper e likhei kichu hoy na, ar petition thread to durer kotha !!! :(

can you translate please?

Naimul_Hd
December 19, 2010, 08:17 AM
can you translate please?

Long story short !

BCB admin has granted Ian Pont's vacation leave till 6th Jan but it was supposed to be BCB cricket operations committee chairman, Mr. Enayet Hossain Siraj who would grant Ian's vacation leave. Surprisingly, Enayet Hossain got Ian's application 2 days after he had left for England. On the other hand, as Ian got permission from other BCB admins, he did not bother to let Enayet know about his vacation plan which came as a shock for Mr. Enayet.

Moreover, when Mr Enayet was asked, he mentioned, 'all the foreign coaching staffs are on vacation'. But the actual scenario is, Physio Henry is in Bangladesh waiting for BCB officials decision regarding his future contract but unfortunately BCB operation committee can not make any commitment right now. This shows Enayet and his Co' inefficiency and unprofessional work ethics.

ps. pls forgive me if i had done any grammatical mistakes or misinterpretation of any of information. I tried my best before going to sleep :)

Zunaid
December 19, 2010, 08:32 AM
Not a bad summary at all. Stuff = staff.

The BDNEws24 "journalist" put a very tabloid like spin and headline to the article.

The English equivalent of the headline would be akin to "Ian Pont thumbs his nose at Cricket Operations Division"

Though the quote from the physio at the end of the article is definitely repeat-worthy. He is quoted as saying: "If I get a negative response [to his application to extend his contract] I'll be starting to look for a new job right now. I have to know about my future at least three months ahead. I may end up being without a job if I hear something at the last minute. "

Anyone in the BCB reading this?

Naimul_Hd
December 19, 2010, 08:49 AM
^ thanks Zunaid bhai for the correction and adding more to this summary.

Rifat
December 19, 2010, 09:04 AM
I am supposed to meet Mr. Lotas Kamal when I visit Bangladesh this month. I will definitely suggest him to sign Ian for long term.

:up: go for it Sir :)

Night_wolf
December 19, 2010, 11:28 AM

agular mathay vora gobor:-P

bujhee kom
December 19, 2010, 03:03 PM

That will be great Mahmood bhaiya!

Bujhee Kom signed here too!

lamisa
December 21, 2010, 10:28 AM
mahmood bhai,please ask him to leave as well!

shuziburo
December 21, 2010, 12:38 PM
mahmood bhai,please ask him to leave as well!

:lol:

Zunaid
February 2, 2011, 09:18 PM
This is what Coach Ian said in his discussion thread. Let us make this happen. Talk to people you know, make this happen. I would like both Ian and Julien to be associated with us for a very long time.
Appointing me as national development coach would be smartest. Be responsible for tracking down, sorting and developing talent across Bangladesh. Also education local coaches how to teach pace bowling and speed.

Once a player comes to the national team in a way is it is a little late to start 'coaching' them. In no other country really would you be changing bowling actions at national level to avoid injury or increase speed as this should be done before they get to the world stage.

The most important person in any country is the not the King, but the King Maker. And the most important coach is the one who creates talent for the country.

Eshen
February 2, 2011, 09:35 PM
^^ He basically wants the job Sarwar Imran currently holds, I guess, with a better framework than what's currently in place.

I am all for it!

Eshen
February 2, 2011, 09:37 PM
Fountain prolly will do better as the head coach of the academy/A-team, which is currently assigned to Nannu.

akabir77
February 2, 2011, 09:37 PM
eta hobey na. onek poysha chay. amader board ato poysha khoroch korbey na er pichoney. tobey amio chai onakey rakha houk.

Eshen
February 2, 2011, 09:45 PM
^^ BCB should look it as an investment that can return in many folds. If the team's performance improves in next one year, BCB will get much more lucrative offers for TV rights and sponsorship deals

nwo_rebel
February 2, 2011, 09:45 PM
Pont is definitely a must. It's hard to believe he made Sharapova bowl around 140 kph. Whoever can do that must be a genius.

taklima_naj
February 2, 2011, 09:46 PM
eta hobey na. onek poysha chay. amader board ato poysha khoroch korbey na er pichoney. tobey amio chai onakey rakha houk.

But we need him, anyhow, anywhere for the devlopment of the fast bowlers.

Who can give this message to the board, I think Isam can write a column in daily star

Shartaz
February 3, 2011, 12:56 AM
Ai hai hai bhai, kaaj shereche re..apni tow bhai ekdom fatalen ekhaney, dubalen nouka...ekhon duijon coach ekhane forum-e achen, ekhon apnar ei lekha porley re bhai...ai hai hai!

i guess you are right...I'm going to delete my post nd you delete this above post too..so there's no record.....

bujhee kom
February 3, 2011, 12:58 AM
thank you dearest Shartaz bhaiya...bechara unara money koshto pete parey...taholey abar amader team-er upor bod-dua porbey...thank you bhaiya!

auntu
February 3, 2011, 03:38 AM
We need Ian. We need Ian. We need Ian. We need Ian. We need Ian. We need Ian.

Jadukor
February 3, 2011, 03:48 AM
signed... having Ian will increase our chances a great deal in forming a formidable pace attack that can win Test matches... I sincerely hope that BCB would seal the deal with him ASAP

Zeeshan
February 5, 2011, 11:15 PM
Double signed. :D

Rifat
February 5, 2011, 11:23 PM
Double signed. :D

I also want to add Julian Fountain to the list: maybe Mods can change title to include both! Without a doubt, Fountain has also made significant contribution to the team.

Dilscoop
February 5, 2011, 11:45 PM
^^ Ditto

BANFAN
February 6, 2011, 12:28 AM
Agreed and Signed.

But would like to wait until the end of World Cup.

firstlane
February 6, 2011, 12:39 AM
I also want to add Julian Fountain to the list: maybe Mods can change title to include both! Without a doubt, Fountain has also made significant contribution to the team.

Yes Julian's contribution was clearly visible in NZ series.

Signed for both.

Zeeshan
February 6, 2011, 12:49 AM

Yo rifat, don't be a namby-pamby. You are a CS major; have you thought that if mods change the title, unbeknown to the people who signed...well it's like changing a document after you sign.

People definitely will vote for Coach Fountain. So why not open up another petition thread?

I think you should do a finger test. Gurujon used to say if you are konjush then when you take your hand and close your fingers side by side if you can see space that means you are udar, if not you are kipta. :smug:

Dilscoop
February 6, 2011, 12:55 AM
Just learned that Pont's contract is active till the March 31st? WC goes till April 2nd! WTF was BCB thinking. If the whole idea behind brining these coaches in was the WC, then why not till the end of WC? What, BCB don't even believe that we will make it to the finals?

Dilscoop
February 6, 2011, 12:59 AM
People definitely will vote for Coach Fountain. So why not open up another petition thread?

I am a JF fan 1st, then Pont fan. Mainly because I LOVEE fielding. It be so good if I could train with him.

I am a "spinner", if I was a fast bowler then ... I should convert to fastism/pacesim, touching 5'12

SS
February 6, 2011, 01:52 AM
Just learned that Pont's contract is active till the March 31st? WC goes till April 2nd! WTF was BCB thinking. If the whole idea behind brining these coaches in was the WC, then why not till the end of WC? What, BCB don't even believe that we will make it to the finals?

Sometimes I wonder what does BCB management stands for? I doubt there is any definition in management dictionary regarding their styles of managing an organization...it's so hard to follow BD cricket for all these reasons...but I will still follow and support our team especially our coach really wants all type of supporters/criticizers to go under one umbrella...and now he is also one of us and we can not deny that too..I hereby also vote for yah

Zeeshan
February 6, 2011, 02:48 AM
This is what coach said [my underline]

The problem is, as with any job, you cannot wait until you are out of contract to discuss it. That has to be done so you can continue on with a better deal if you have done well, or longer contract to get things right if they haven't.

Since my arrival we have won 7 out of 8 ODI's - the second best in world cricket. And a 4-0 series win against a full NZ side.

i run a huge coaching business back in the UK discovering and developing talent. Plus of course other countries are looking for bowling coaches. There are projects in various countries at state and provincial level too, plus the IPL at some stage.

If you do well, other people come calling. You can work out the rest.

Make your voices heard people:

Bangladesh Cricket Board

Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium
Mirpur
Dhaka: 1216, Bangladesh
Phone: +880 2 803 1101-4
Fax: + 880 2 803 1199
Email: info@bcb-cricket.com

lamisa
February 6, 2011, 10:36 AM
WHAT pont's contract ends on the 31st of march?????what is bcb playing at here.either extend this guys contract or say sth about it atleast!!!Wcer por amader aro khela ase je tokhon amra ki korbo?

BanCricFan
February 6, 2011, 10:47 AM
Signed.

Onelove
February 6, 2011, 12:41 PM
Every successful team in almost every sport had stability at the top (i.e GM, Coaches, support staff)

Yet BCB never had that in its entire history. The current coaches and support staff has shown results, they deserve a long term contract, which would free them from such worries in regards to their future. A good teacher is worth its weight in gold.

There are approx 11000 BC members, we should start writing letters to BCB, News papers, TV stations, MPs, Prime ministers and more important AL/BNP district level leaders (trust me they hold a lot of power within party mechanism) and demand contract negotiations to start immediately and lock up our bowling,fielding and team coaches for another 4 years so they can focus on building the team.

the addresses for such people are easy to get. lets compile them and start. this is grass roots campaign, true democracy at work without resorting stupid hartals etc.

Eshen
February 6, 2011, 11:08 PM
BCB can save some money by letting JS go. IP and JF helped the team to make a miraculous leap, from the nadir we hit last summer. It will be simply idiotic to let those two go!

Murad
February 6, 2011, 11:16 PM
BCB can save some money by letting JS go. IP and JF helped the team to make a miraculous leap, from the nadir we hit last summer. It will be simply idiotic to let those two go!

:up: :up:

Shartaz
February 6, 2011, 11:22 PM

For me this is the best post of this thread...

tanvir_nus
February 7, 2011, 12:12 AM
Guys who don't think Pont is an asset please do your research. I have been following Pont ever since he has written the book the fast bowlers bible. This guy knows everything about fast bowling. He is a god sent. I couldn't believe he took up this coaching option in Bangladesh, but at the same really disappointed it only lasts a couple of months. In those time he can't really force any change. It might actually backfire. He runs a lucarative coaching academy back home in England and one of the reasons he is here is actually because England turned him down for the bowling coach's role which ofcourse is a blessing in disguise for us and they say whatever happens happens for the best so maybe there is something for him too.

He maybe a bit too expensive for BCB but I don't think BCB is stupid enough to not know his worth as a coach. There is no better coach than him when it comes to fast bowling. Believe it or not he also coaches batting and has made a lot of batsmen from his academy graduate into first class cricketers as well as u-19 teams. I have watched all his coaching videos and learnt myself a lot. If I had seen these ten years back hell I would have taken up fast bowling as a profession, because it can be taught and learnt. There needs to be a desire to bowl fast, and believe it or not 90% of the bowlers in Bangaldesh start as fast bowlers, there is Razzak, Sakib, Mahmudullah everyone. Even I have been a fast bowler. It's just that fast bowling is really discouraged in Bangladesh, mostly by the coaches which is even more so why need him.

I will be honest to say I didn't know about JF much but his innovative coaching style has motivated me to think he is the best out here. They make a great pair. Jamie has been credited by Tamim to be the best batting coach so no complains with his batting coaching abilities either. But I have a special spot for Pont, because I honestly think fast bowling is the most exciting part of cricket and I would pay more to watch a Bangladeshi bowling at 150kmph than a Bangladeshi batsman hitting a century as simple as that. And the only person in the whole world who can do that is Ian Pont. If you don't believe me read "The fast bowlers bible".

Dilscoop
February 7, 2011, 12:23 AM
Ya this is just what we need, a politics between the coaches. Lets not do this now.

I am not the biggest fan for JS, but that man did put up with us for last 4 years, and he did improve our batting by much. But it was stupid of BCB to hire him as a head coach. He is a great batting coach, (Tamim's word) we can all see the improvement on our batsmen's technique and temperament. We are not BOOM BOOM Pakies any more. (But now we are lacking some heavy hitters true, but we never really had one. Aftab was NOT a heavy hitter, don't bring him up!)

Having Pont and JF around in BC was a great idea, but I can see how some of you will manage to turn into a bad thing.

Eshen
February 7, 2011, 12:42 AM
^^ Scoop, don't see how we may create any trouble among the coaching staff. Both IP and JF are exemplary as professional coaches. Last thing I imagine they will do is to hanker BCB for a contract extension, for any position.

I seriously think JS should go. As you said, he may fit the batting coach role well, but not so well as a head coach. We can't demote him after his four years of service. Even as a batting coach, I don't think he is contributing in any further development of players, if you look at the performances of our batsmen over last one year so. He is not interested in grooming any new batsman in his set-up either, as evident in the treatment Jahurul got.

Dilscoop
February 7, 2011, 12:48 AM
It's JS I am worried about, not Pont or JF (:D)

I am not taking any stand yet. I am gonna wait for the WC to be over.

And he is not to blame for Jahurul's situation, it's BCB who is messing with him.

Zeeshan
February 7, 2011, 01:06 AM
Make your voices heard people:

Bangladesh Cricket Board

Mirpur
Email: info@bcb-cricket.com

Sent the following letter:

To:

Chairman Lotus Kamal
Bangladesh Cricket Board
Mirpur

Re: Renewal of contract of Ian Pont and Julien Fountain

Dear Sir:

It is very disconcerting to find out that the contract of the bowling coach- Mr. Ian Pont- expires on March 31st, 2011 while the World Cup would continue to the month of April 2011 and Bangladesh Cricket Board, yet, has not taken any action for negotiations on this matter. As a fan who monitors the Bangladesh cricket very closely, it is my thorough acknowledgment about the tangible and viable development in both bowling and fielding departments of the game due to the influences of the coaches. I, hereby, request the committee to take actions apropos contractual agreement.

Thank you for your kind cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

Zeeshan MahmudIn case you are lazy just copy and paste it and edit as necessary. Hopefully Doc or someone senior can help out making it more formal.

Shartaz
February 7, 2011, 01:15 AM
^^ Scoop, don't see how we may create any trouble among the coaching staff. Both IP and JF are exemplary as professional coaches. Last thing I imagine they will do is to hanker BCB for a contract extension, for any position.

I seriously think JS should go. As you said, he may fit the batting coach role well, but not so well as a head coach. We can't demote him after his four years of service. Even as a batting coach, I don't think he is contributing in any further development of players, if you look at the performances of our batsmen over last one year so. He is not interested in grooming any new batsman in his set-up either, as evident in the treatment Jahurul got.

Very well said....

nd Dillscoop Ian Pont or JF ain't like us fans....In fact Ian Pont has defended Jamie Siddons at every opportunity....they are career professionals and know better than to cause disharmony in the team....so a schism between the coaches is beyond possible

ma_o_mati
February 7, 2011, 02:17 AM
Thanks BCB for picking these two diamonds for our team...Now don't let them get snatched by other people...Please BCB extend their contracts...Can't you see the positive energy they brought to the team...it's so wonderful to have these coaches and very important...

I wish BCB uses its brain and don't make mistakes...We need Mr. Pont and Mr. Fountain...

bujhee kom
February 7, 2011, 02:20 AM
Asoon bhais, haat tuley hamra munajaat kori, Ohh dear Allah, please BCB-ke tumi subuddhi dau! Tumi BCB-ke hedayet koro! Allah be praised!

Jadukor
February 7, 2011, 02:27 AM
Sent the following letter:

In case you are lazy just copy and paste it and edit as necessary. Hopefully Doc or someone senior can help out making it more formal.

would have been a picture perfect letter...but you forgot to add date...:-p

cricket_pagol
February 7, 2011, 02:30 AM
BCB please don't lose these wonderful coaches, for a change please THINK about this!!!

The current coaching staff should be maintain, the bowling and fielding coach should get expanded assignments outside the national team to hunt talents, support the fringe players and train local coaches.

lamisa
February 7, 2011, 09:56 AM
dilu i so agree with u here!!!what is it with some poeple here who are openly doing inconstructive criticism of the head coach knowing that the other 2 coaches are here in bc???i mean,yes they are proffesional enoigh to not let that get in the way but seriously people,this is insulting for JS.please refrain from doing these desperate housewives/bhabi type kutnami...

Zeeshan
February 7, 2011, 04:25 PM
would have been a picture perfect letter...but you forgot to add date...:-p

It's email brah, date automatically encoded. :)
That's why I urge everyone to send because it's so easy. Only if the BCB reads them and act.

And it's not about the technical influences of the coaches but also the connection and understanding that they have with the players over the years. Because then it'd be back to square one with newer coaches...

Zeeshan
February 7, 2011, 04:28 PM
dilu i so agree with u here!!!what is it with some poeple here who are openly doing inconstructive criticism of the head coach knowing that the other 2 coaches are here in bc???i mean,yes they are proffesional enoigh to not let that get in the way but seriously people,this is insulting for JS.please refrain from doing these desperate housewives/bhabi type kutnami...

Lol....good post Lamiz. But I feel the last line had more to do with neighborhood aunties trying to set you up for an arranged marriage with the khat kid from Kuwait. No?

Rifat
February 8, 2011, 09:07 AM
Yo rifat, don't be a namby-pamby. You are a CS major; have you thought that if mods change the title, unbeknown to the people who signed...well it's like changing a document after you sign.

I think you should do a finger test. Gurujon used to say if you are konjush then when you take your hand and close your fingers side by side if you can see space that means you are udar, if not you are kipta. :smug:

yes, i got the message!
work in progress, really busy these days, barely have time for BanglaCricket!

shuziburo
February 8, 2011, 09:31 AM
Dear BCB,

Both Ian Pont and Julian Fountain have proven their worth as coaches by bringing about immediate improvement in their respective areas. If they are amenable to an extension, please extend them immediately. I hope it is not already too late.

Sincerely,

Dr. S Kaisar Alam

lamisa
February 8, 2011, 10:32 AM
Lol....good post Lamiz. But I feel the last line had more to do with neighborhood aunties trying to set you up for an arranged marriage with the khat kid from Kuwait. No?

nope,nothing like that. i had those aunties in mind who lurk around outside schools and coaching cetres,blocking the footpath and doing full on b!t**ing about the poeple's children and the other bhabis. onnoanno bhabider moddhe gondogol laganor dhanthay thake 24X7...

reyme
February 9, 2011, 12:49 AM
Signed.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)