PDA

View Full Version : Which commentators would you like to have in Bangladesh matches?

sujon
December 16, 2010, 01:32 AM
As I am watching the 3rd Ashes test match and listening to the high quality commentary, I am just thinking who would make a dream commentary team for Bangladesh games. My team includes:

Harsha Bhogle
David Lloyd
Bill Lawry

Definitely no Ranjit Farnando and Ramiz Raja.

Night_wolf
December 16, 2010, 01:35 AM
Waqar and Wasim

Dilscoop
December 16, 2010, 01:54 AM
Well I hate almost all the subcontinental commies. But I can't really exclude them, because they would know more about our cricket than English and Aus commies. (Cricinfo Article (http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/451448.html)). I will be happy if we can get rid of our jokers for our matches. Only sub commies I will pick: Ravi Shastri, Ramiz Raza, Wasim Akram. They knows lot about our cricket. Rest of the world: Danny M. Nassir Hussain, and few other English commies from Eng series. I guess they knows more about us by now.

Least wanted:

AAK
Shamim C.
That Sri Lankan guy
Arun Laal (BS just because he speaks Bangla, doesn't make him good)
Harsha
Aus commies
Sunil Gavaskar (Nothing wrong with him. He knows all about us. But I just dont enjoy his style)

Nice and different thread. iLike.

ammark
December 16, 2010, 01:54 AM
David Lloyd & Athar Ali Khan

Michael Holding & Tony Greig

Paul Allot & Bob Willis

Ravi Shastri & Wasim Akram

and Geoffrey Boycott

I'm sorry but Shamim Chy doesnt just quite fit in with the cricketing caliber of my list. AAK scrapes himself in as the Bangladeshi voice. When I want commentary I want insight into the gameplan, Shamim Chy really doesnt cut it there.

Dilscoop
December 16, 2010, 01:59 AM
Shamim's best line: Let's take a look at the Manhattan, hmm they looks more like Dhaka skyline"

Can we please get Habibul Bashar to be our commy. I mean what's he doing now days any way. He can use the money. He can represent his county in a different way. He will be respected. He has decent stats, not unknown. And he can speak decent if not great English

Night_wolf
December 16, 2010, 02:02 AM
I'm sorry but Shamim Chy doesnt just quite fit in with the cricketing caliber of my list. AAK scrapes himself in as the Bangladeshi voice. When I want commentary I want insight into the gameplan, Shamim Chy really doesnt cut it there.

but shamim's spoken eng is better then AAK.. we need a person who's spoken eng is good and have cricketing caliber

dolcevita
December 16, 2010, 02:03 AM
David lyod is the best
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

cricket_pagol
December 16, 2010, 02:07 AM
Anybody but Shamim...

I would also to see ex-players, like Bashar, take part in commentary.

ammark
December 16, 2010, 02:09 AM
...we need a person who's spoken eng is good and have cricketing caliber

Thats why shamim doesnt make it. English is secondary to cricketing insight.

Naimul_Hd
December 16, 2010, 03:05 AM
For me, these 5 !

David Lloyed
Naseer Hussein
Mike Atherton
Bill lawry
Boycott

Anher
December 16, 2010, 03:16 AM
Athar and Shamim need competitors. Last 10 years+ we are seeing only these two representing Bangladesh in international matches. They feel like not replaceble. Hence they never try to improve their commentry skills. Athar is getting worse day by day.

We should have tried few more such as Bashar, Bulbul, Sujon or some guys with excellent spoken english and cricket knowledge. Now I see no other option but these two from Bangladesh in WC matches as i certainly dont want to mess up the commentry in big event.

I would pick my favourates commentators from below list for BD matches in WC. I hope to see them when their representing country play against Bangladesh.
David Lloyd, David Gower, Nasser Husain, Ravi Shahtri, Tony Greg, Wasim Akram, Holding.

PoorFan
December 16, 2010, 03:16 AM
No Atahar, No Shamim would be best. English commis seems great.

firstlane
December 16, 2010, 04:40 AM
Since I am a hardcore dreamer like OP Sujon da, I will propose my list of commies knowing it will never happen. Just for BD matches-

-Aminul Islam
-Gazi Ashraf Hossain
-Faruk Ahmed
-Richie Benaud
-Mark Taylor
-Michael Slater
-Iam Chappell
-Mike Atherton
-Nasser Hussain
-David Lloyd
-Ian Botham
-Barry Richards
-Kepler Wessels
-Michael Holding
-Sanjay Manjrekar

Anyone from the list will do for me. I will like to hear how they analyse our cricketers.

Also I think its time we bring female cricketers in commentary.

Brit-boy
December 16, 2010, 04:40 AM
Oops... I fel asleep, while was still logd-on in bc, just woke up its 9:40 uk time..lol. Logd-in bc last night late then fel asleep somehow...

Anyway, I want these commies in b'desh wc matches:
David lloyd
Michael holding
Ian botham
Ravi shastri
Nasser hussain

<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Habib
December 16, 2010, 05:35 AM
For matches involving BD these are my chosen commentators:
Atahar Ali Khan (Banglawash)
David Lloyd (The best)
Michael Holding (Accent)
Naser Hussein (Tamim fan)

shakibrulz
December 16, 2010, 05:44 AM
Shamim choodhury
Ramiz Raja
Arun LOL
Laxman Sivaramakrishnan
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

zainab
December 16, 2010, 06:28 AM
David LLoyd, Danny Morrison, Harsha Bogle.

sujon
December 16, 2010, 08:32 AM
great team! but i have the remote in my hand to mute them all!

Shamim choodhury
Ramiz Raja
Arun LOL
Laxman Sivaramakrishnan

mafizraju
December 16, 2010, 08:47 AM
Since I am a hardcore dreamer like OP Sujon da, I will propose my list of commies knowing it will never happen. Just for BD matches-

-Aminul Islam
-Gazi Ashraf Hossain
-Faruk Ahmed
-Richie Benaud
-Mark Taylor
-Michael Slater
-Iam Chappell
-Mike Atherton
-Nasser Hussain
-David Lloyd
-Ian Botham
-Barry Richards
-Kepler Wessels
-Michael Holding
-Sanjay Manjrekar

Anyone from the list will do for me. I will like to hear how they analyse our cricketers.

apart from buli and lipu, this is a fantastic line up.

Rabz
December 16, 2010, 08:58 AM
Since we dont have other, deal with the two we have at the moment.
AAk and SAC.

I think both of them are doing more than decent job. They are the first from our country to represent on the commie box and despite their certain lacking, these two are the ones who had set the stepping stones and laid the foundation.

We have a habit of hating our kind the most.
The moment they step on that box, we expect them to speak like Llyod or Benaud, but just remember, English is not their first language.\

For any BD games, I'd take AAK and SAC anyday over anyone else.
The rest are bonus.

lamisa
December 16, 2010, 09:13 AM

-Aminul Islam
-Gazi Ashraf Hossain
-Faruk Ahmed
-Richie Benaud
-Mark Taylor
-Michael Slater
-Iam Chappell
-Mike Atherton
-Nasser Hussain
-David Lloyd
-Ian Botham
-Barry Richards
-Kepler Wessels
-Michael Holding
-Sanjay Manjrekar

lets bring some female cricketers into cricket first!anyways,i think i would go with AAK,sanjay manjrekar,rwasim/waqar and nasser hossain

Shaan
December 16, 2010, 09:15 AM
Since we dont have other, deal with the two we have at the moment.
AAk and SAC.

I think both of them are doing more than decent job. They are the first from our country to represent on the commie box and despite their certain lacking, these two are the ones who had set the stepping stones and laid the foundation.

We have a habit of hating our kind the most.
The moment they step on that box, we expect them to speak like Llyod or Benaud, but just remember, English is not their first language.\

For any BD games, I'd take AAK and SAC anyday over anyone else.
The rest are bonus.
Ditto..

dash
December 16, 2010, 10:20 AM
shamim chou doesnt have any problem with his english- but lacks in cricketing knowledge.......
atahar's cricketing knowledge is good (Had to be), but his english is sometimes pathetic......but he can do a decent job when he wants to (his stints with sky were decent, he didnt hurry in what he had to say, he didnt go on and on).......it is when he takes the job of commies for granted that he messes about........

al-Sagar
December 16, 2010, 10:31 AM
i would to like to see commentators who does not rate BD cricket and feels we are still crap. and i want them to see us beating their teams and other big boys in front of their eyes.

shakibrulz
December 16, 2010, 11:52 AM
great team! but i have the remote in my hand to mute them all!
I bet that's gonna be the commentary team for WC

shakibrulz
December 16, 2010, 11:56 AM
Not gonna happen, but my dream team:
Bumble
Gower
Tony Grieg
Bill Lawry
Aggers
Kerry O' Keefe

No subcontinent commies fgs.

Ashfaq
December 16, 2010, 12:00 PM
Holding, Tony Greig, David Loyd. Atherton can also manage splendidly.

No Boycott and Shastri.

Tiger Manc
December 16, 2010, 01:55 PM
David Lloyd
Michael Holding
Ian Bishop
Athar Ali Khan

MarufH
December 16, 2010, 03:14 PM
Athar Ali
Arun Lal
Naser Hussein
Ian bishop

shajib14
December 16, 2010, 03:35 PM
Tony Cozier-The voice of the Carribean and Sanjay Manjrekar, Mike Haysman, Nick Night .They are also high class commentators.

roman
December 16, 2010, 03:37 PM
Atahar Ali, Wasim Akram, David Lloyd,Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri, Naseer Hussain, Mike Atherton, Ian Bishop.

Khaled Mahmood Shujon and Aminul islam Bulbul should seriously think about this career. They got all the potentials to be a successful commentator

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 03:43 PM
My choices:

Bill Lawry
David Lloyd
Michael Holding
Naser Hussein
Richie Benaud
Iam Chappell
Ramiz Raja
Wasim Akram
Sunil Gavaskar

I don't want either AAK or SC. One cannot speak properly. The other speaks flowery language, but has no other redeeming quality. Ravi Shastri is a good commentator, but I cannot stand him.

shuziburo
December 16, 2010, 03:44 PM
I agree with the suggestion that they should try some new BD voices. With good cricket knowledge and language skills.

Zeeshan
December 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
Athar and Shamim together..... gotta make life interesting.

Can't stand Harsha btw....

Ajfar
December 16, 2010, 05:54 PM
Athar and Shamim together..... gotta make life interesting.

add Jafarullah Sarafath to the list. 3 musketeers

simon
December 16, 2010, 06:35 PM
zafrullah sharafat

lamisa
December 17, 2010, 04:21 AM
zafarullah sharafat chhara WC jombe na!!!

Night_wolf
December 17, 2010, 08:31 AM
^dont worry sarafat vai btv te obossoi thakbe..tobe tar eng commentry keu asa koren na!:-p

beshideshi
December 17, 2010, 10:00 AM
i would to like to see commentators who does not rate BD cricket and feels we are still crap. and i want them to see us beating their teams and other big boys in front of their eyes.

So you want Geoff Boycott to commentate when England will be playing us in the WC?

lamisa
December 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
^^^what a pleasure that will be when our batsmen hit swanne-finn-anderson all over the place!

aklemalp
December 18, 2010, 10:06 AM
ian bishop
david lloyd(the best)
sanjay
richie benaud

Dilscoop
December 18, 2010, 11:44 AM
Can we get the ashes sky sports graphics too? They are really good. NFL, MLB standards. Nothing like ugly red and gold BCB stuff. Can they just gift it to us, once they get a newer one.

Rifat
December 18, 2010, 11:45 AM
Ian Bishop & Sunil Gavaskar is a pretty good choice!

I alos like Pommy M'bangwa(the zimbabwean commentator guy :D)

Rabz
December 18, 2010, 12:32 PM
Beside AAK and SAC,
I'd like to have

David Llyod
Pommy M'bangwa
Mark Richardson
Ian Bishop
Tony Cosier

Nadim
December 18, 2010, 12:33 PM
AAK
David Llyod
Pommy M'bangwa
Ian Bishop

billah
December 18, 2010, 04:54 PM
1. NO KEPPLER WESSELS !

Please !

For a long while I wondered why he is NOT a commentator. The answer came to me one day. Keppler is playing the part of the Spokesman for SA cricket.

Example:
Flat deck, nothing in the pitch, warm, sunny day with dry air to stifle any swing. RSA down 5 wickets for 4 runs in the first hour of a test match.

Keppler would say: The angular rotation of our planet really affects the trajectory of the ball in these parts.

(Pauses, then chuckles)...

"Imagine how good it will be for our...I mean Sathfreekan seamers when we come to bowl.....!"

2. NO LAXMAN SHIVARAMAKRISHNAN. PLease.

See above, change RSA to eendeea...

Every time one of eendia's pathetic seamers get slogged out of the park by an unknown 15 year old newbie (happens more often than one might think), Shiva fails to hide his feelings. His face looks like someone ( an unknown 15 year old newbie) shoved a raw cricket bat up his you know what....

3. David Lloyd - YES ! Please !

Somehow he was involved with most of our memorable victories. Together - we good.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
December 18, 2010, 06:43 PM
Commentary is an art.
A commentator should have vast knowledge and also have the ability to deliver instant speech based on current situation.

Atahar ali khan and shamim ashraf repeats same sentence again and again. Its like anyone who knows english can do their job.
Its not like that..

For Bangladesh matches, i would like

Ravi Shastri
Tony greig
Wasim Akram
Mike Atherton
Michael Holding
Naser Hussain

I dont like Geofry boycott personally because he is racist