PDA

View Full Version : shakib, tamim and ash in ipl auction

dash
December 20, 2010, 11:03 AM
There are no Bangaldeshis in the Elite group as Shakib Al-Hasan is the player with highest base price of $200,000. Mohammed Ashraful and Tamim Iqbal have base prices of $50,000 and 100,000 respectively.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/7134329.cms

Nadim
December 20, 2010, 11:12 AM
Both Shakib and Tamim will get $400,000+....no worries!

Shaan
December 20, 2010, 11:18 AM
i guess iceman and volcanoman will cash a lot this thme. Watch out ipl here we come !!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

dash
December 20, 2010, 11:21 AM
i will only believe when i see it.........ipl is a brainless b...h,

riankhan
December 20, 2010, 11:23 AM
There are no Bangaldeshis in the Elite group as Shakib Al-Hasan is the player with highest base price of $200,000. Mohammed Ashraful and Tamim Iqbal have base prices of $50,000 and 100,000 respectively.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/7134329.cms

Thanks for sharing. Sir Ash is in!

magic boy
December 20, 2010, 11:23 AM
meh

Equinox
December 20, 2010, 11:28 AM
Out of 400 players only three Bangladeshis?!

Haru-party
December 20, 2010, 11:30 AM
ash :notworthy:

AsifTheManRahman
December 20, 2010, 11:32 AM
Ashraful always wins. ALWAYS.

Roni_uk
December 20, 2010, 11:32 AM
Ash? This guys is a BRAND. "ASH"

dash
December 20, 2010, 11:34 AM
i dont think ash will get a team......out of the 400, probably most are indians.....amongst the rest the mojority will not get a team including ash

Nadim
December 20, 2010, 11:36 AM
Ash seriously have some connection around the world.:notworthy:

ashraful1
December 20, 2010, 11:40 AM
Cm on I really hope bang players get bought I watch ipl intensively so to see bang players will be great

Equinox
December 20, 2010, 11:42 AM
i dont think ash will get a team......out of the 400, probably most are indians.....amongst the rest the mojority will not get a team including ash
Around 400 foreign players have expressed their willingness to be a part of the cricketing extravaganza. They have been classified in six brackets ranging from $20,000 to $400,000.
I agree with you. Most probably a mistake by TOI. 400 International players excluding India is hard to think of.

Haru-party
December 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
shak will get 1 million atleast i'm hoping for 2 million/:)

riankhan
December 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
Ash? This guys is a BRAND. "ASH"

Yes, Ash-is = Ashis a brand (Ashes=2nd biggest things after WC?)
To me.....he is ash to ash......dust to dust

Baundule
December 20, 2010, 12:15 PM
Out of 400 players only three Bangladeshis?!
400!!!!!!!
Never thought so many players are even playing cricket. Please give me the link; I must check if they have put my name as well to make the numbers. :onethephone:

Baundule
December 20, 2010, 12:18 PM
for teams choosing players in the IPL, politics comes first. Otherwise, Shakib would have been in anyone's high priority list. Last time they took Ash and Mash to counter the ICL.

ahms
December 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
Tamim will get more than any Bangladeshi ever got/will get in IPL.

Mahmood
December 20, 2010, 12:21 PM
IPL is a joke.

Send them to County.

tanim3960
December 20, 2010, 12:26 PM
if Shakib get selected, i seriously doubt any team will let him play top 11. Hope i am wrong!

dash
December 20, 2010, 12:27 PM
for teams choosing players in the IPL, politics comes first. Otherwise, Shakib would have been in anyone's high priority list. Last time they took Ash and Mash to counter the ICL.

it is politics deffo....but i wont say to just counter icl.....although modi promised bcb to pick bd player for their stance on the icl issue, but icl was dead by then.....

i would say mash had a good role in the politics, punjabs bid was on yuvraj's insistance who is good mates with mash and srk had his own political agenda......the end results was mash making merry......for ash they only payed like 50K which is nothing in the context......

dolcevita
December 20, 2010, 12:45 PM
My lords who will give a penny for ashfoll
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dolcevita
December 20, 2010, 12:47 PM
if Shakib get selected, i seriously doubt any team will let him play top 11. Hope i am wrong!

Shakib will get his chance , he is one of the worlds best player in odi way better than star like vettori
mmw iceman will shine in IPL

Ajfar
December 20, 2010, 12:58 PM
I somehow don't believe this list. How in the world Kallis misses out from the top bracket? Unless Bangalore decided to retain him.

Habib
December 20, 2010, 01:11 PM
IPL is a joke.

Send them to County.

Ditto. Anyway, if our players make some money, it's all good. On the other hand, it may destroy their self confidence i.e. Mash. But Shakib & Tamim have enough quality, so they'll be Ok I reckon.

betaar
December 20, 2010, 01:21 PM
I can't see any of the Bangladeshis getting more than $200k and getting any games unless it's a dead-rubber match. Neither Shak nor Tamim has any credential to fetch more than $200k in T20. Shak as a bowler may do some damage but as a batsman he doesn’t have the firepower to feature as one of the few internationals in the final 11. For sheer batting skill, I can see Tamim getting more games than Shak. But all will depend on the team formation.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=I also cannot believe how Vetorri managed to be in the elite squad….he’s good but not that good. Vetorri’s inclusion in the elite few can only justify Shak being sold for $400k as I think whatever Vet can do, Shak can do better. But then again, I would rather see Shak and Tamim in county than this IPL crap.<o:p></o:p>

22Yards
December 20, 2010, 01:27 PM
politics or no politics, playing beside star players, under all the spotlight in the world WILL MUST bring some good if not a lot to our already very promising players like Shakib and Tamim. I hope one of them gets selected and be played a few matches that would be great. I know IPL dont matter much, its not a big deal if they dont, given that the priority is politics and not quality but i would love to see them anyhow.

simon
December 20, 2010, 01:41 PM
Ash seriously have some connection around the world.:notworthy:

shobaike dhore Eilish mach bhaja khaway kina ;)

simon
December 20, 2010, 01:46 PM
I don't think Tamim will cash much but Sakib certainly will/should.
And as we are under rating Ash,let me poin it out,Ash is the only BD batsman to hv scored 2 T20 international 50s whereas Tamim & Sakib(he got one in Wup vs Aus) are yet to score fifties.
So Ash is our most successful T20 batsman.
About County vs IPL ,I think as our T20 knowledge is very poor we need some of our plyrs to get some experience from IPL.

bangla-red
December 20, 2010, 01:53 PM
Tamim is really bad at t20s...

Equinox
December 20, 2010, 01:56 PM
Tamim is really bad at t20s...
He sucks at T20Is not T20s. I have no doubt that he will kill the Indian slow-medium trundlers.

At least there are no IPL after-parties this year. I can see Tamim being quite a hit in those but Shakib would probably be too shy to attend.

dash
December 20, 2010, 02:42 PM
records dont always foretell the future..............
if you can hit in a test,
if you can hit in an ODI,
you can hit a six in......

riankhan
December 20, 2010, 03:18 PM
you can hit a six in......

There are different mindsets, tactics, motivations and lots of other facts to consider bro!

nycpro96
December 20, 2010, 03:24 PM
Tamim and Shakib should get decent contracts.

Shaan
December 20, 2010, 04:13 PM
I believe Shakib and Tamim will fit easily In this IPL with batting paradise !!

dash
December 20, 2010, 04:20 PM
you are deffo right there are different mindsets,tactics, motivation involved, in test conditions can be tough, odi you may need to carry the inning, in t20 you only need to last about 50 balls........tack your pick which is the hardest :)

There are different mindsets, tactics, motivations and lots of other facts to consider bro!

Shaan
December 20, 2010, 04:21 PM
Iceman wil get runs equally wickets in full hand..

dolcevita
December 20, 2010, 04:49 PM
I think KKR will bet on SHak and tamim : Dav Whatmore knows them well + 160 millions bangali fan

riankhan
December 20, 2010, 05:04 PM
you are deffo right there are different mindsets,tactics, motivation involved, in test conditions can be tough, odi you may need to carry the inning, in t20 you only need to last about 50 balls........tack your pick which is the hardest :)

For an example, if we consider an opening spell:
Bret lee will probably bowl slowers, slow bouncers, stock balls, yorkers etc to Tamim in T/20, but not in Test/ODIs. Tamim is familiar with those Test/ODI bowling tactics. But might need to learn few more tricks for T/20s. He also have to understand the game more to get success.
(ofcourse, it will come with experiences)

roman
This didnt get me excited (if they do get selected I would be happy for them). I am more interested to know if Shak and Tamim will play in County or not....

billah
BCB should restrict our young guns going to eendia to play in this corrupt, marked-for-dead tournament. World cricketing community is just beginning to understand the amount of damaged caused to world cricket by this display of Indian greed. Cricket itself is in danger due to this fiasco. I am completely against our players participating in this.

simon
December 20, 2010, 05:06 PM
I think KKR will bet on SHak and tamim : Dav Whatmore knows them well + 160 millions bangali fan

so will Kings Punjab

cricket_pagol
December 20, 2010, 05:38 PM
I think shakib will get a good price, but tamim has to wait for next year to get a really good price.

As for ashrafool, nobody will bid for him.

Tiger444
December 20, 2010, 05:56 PM
Not surprised that those 3 got the call ups. I know ash being there causes a few raised eyebrows but as simon bhai says ash is the only 1 out of those 3 that has hit half centuries. In T20s a hit or miss type of player is worth of having.

Tamim and shak should be able to get call ups. Tamim could be a more attractive commodity in the ipl since he's a big hitter. Especially against mediocre domestic players he should be able to kill the bowlers. Shak on the other hand will be more effective with the ball then the bat. He could provide some miserly spells in the middle overs. Not the biggest fan of ipl but I know for sure these players would love to make a good amount of money.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

dash
December 20, 2010, 06:15 PM
For an example, if we consider an opening spell:
Bret lee will probably bowl slowers, slow bouncers, stock balls, yorkers etc to Tamim in T/20, but not in Test/ODIs. Tamim is familiar with those Test/ODI bowling tactics. But might need to learn few more tricks for T/20s. He also have to understand the game more to get success.
(ofcourse, it will come with experiences)

dont get me wrong i appreciate what are you trying to say..........
but a great player is a great player in any form of the game....now tamim isnt great yet but he has signs of greatness........i know a good test players doesnt always make a good limited version player...look at bashar for instance...his test record is better than his odi ones...even strike rates....why...because he profited from the fact that there are no boundary riders in test....whereas in odis his lack of power hitting was exposed.....but same cant be said about tamim.....he has raw strength...impacable positioning.....incredible bat speed.....good hand eye coordination and array of strokes.....so he has all the ingredients to impact a t20 match....and as far as his t20 record is concerned, yes he has underperformed but certainly didnt play enough matches to write him off......

wiseshah
December 20, 2010, 06:19 PM
20/20, before ash-- they should consider

sakib, tamim, alok, nazimuddin, sabbir, junaed

Naimul_Hd
December 20, 2010, 06:30 PM
Unless until Shakib and Tamim make to the final XI, this auction wont matter much than bagging some $$$$ !

riankhan
December 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
look at bashar for instance...his test record is better than his odi ones...even strike rates....why...because he profited from the fact that there are no boundary riders in test....whereas in odis his lack of power hitting was exposed.....

So...you did notice that "boundary patrol" fact about Bashar! (With due respect to Bashar for his contribution)
I though I was alone!
For the rest about Tamim, it makes sense and seemed we are yelling the same thing :saint:
He is a hard working smart kid.....just a matter of time.....waiting for his T/20 domination :smug:

dash
December 20, 2010, 06:46 PM
So...you did notice that "boundary patrol" fact about Bashar! (With due respect to Bashar for his contribution)
I though I was alone!
For the rest about Tamim, it makes sense and seemed we are yelling the same thing :saint:
He is a hard working smart kid.....just a matter of time.....waiting for his T/20 domination :smug:

agreed

dolcevita
December 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
Ridiculus stuff : lara and vettori ross taylor are in the top bracket with 400000$
wheras JACQUES KALLIS is priced 300 000$

sufism
December 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
politics or no politics, playing beside star players, under all the spotlight in the world WILL MUST bring some good if not a lot to our already very promising players like Shakib and Tamim. I hope one of them gets selected and be played a few matches that would be great. I know IPL dont matter much, its not a big deal if they dont, given that the priority is politics and not quality but i would love to see them anyhow.

1st of all, I can't stand IPL. I hope none of our players get a real contract. They will have all the time in the world to play in IPL and make money. Not the right time yet. Bseides, it will get them very angry and motivated if they get overlooked. This could result in BD's benefit.

Besides, it is about time we stopped thinking "Our players can learn from Big Stars". Shakib and Tamim are bigger stars then most of the foreign and local players in IPL. However, it is a completly different issue why IPL officials do think along the same line.

In short, I would like to see them play county rather than some stupide t20.

Night_wolf
December 20, 2010, 08:50 PM
isn't nz touring bd for 2 test during may?..isn't this tour will clash with ipl?

hmm..what happens if shakib doesn't get a team 4 the third time?..will Bangladesh still watch ipl?

Naimul_Hd
December 20, 2010, 09:43 PM
^ that tour has not finalized yet. I highly doubt on that series considering heavy rain during that time. Moreover, Vettori, Ross, and few NZ players will also take part in IPL. So, most of the NZ senior players may also opt out for BD series and NZ board wont take another chance to play against Bangladesh without them in both TEST and ODI.

tarpor o jodi NZ ashte chay...tahole nera bar bar bel tolaye ashte chaile, kar ki korar ache :D

shakibrulz
December 20, 2010, 10:30 PM
I won't read too much into it, I see it as an opportunity for cricketers to make some extra $$$ which is always good :) Hope my boy & TIK gets auctioned and make some bucks

crikss
December 20, 2010, 11:22 PM
Luke Wright, Michael Yardy for $400,000 ...lol

thebest
December 20, 2010, 11:37 PM
We all some time forgot IPL is 20/20 and all our players are horrible in 20/20 that includes shak and tamim.

tanim3960
December 20, 2010, 11:53 PM

I agree with u on that one.

tanim3960
December 20, 2010, 11:53 PM
when is this auction anyway??

Rabz
December 21, 2010, 01:22 AM
^^ Jan 8 and 9.

Sakib would probably get around 500K
Tamim around 350K
Ash might fetch 50K and someone might pull him in just for the warm up games.

rinathq
December 21, 2010, 01:23 AM
The one team I would hate to see Tamim and Sakib in is Night riders, and here are my reasons,
1) they have treated mash very poorly
2) shahrukh is a very ignorant person to deal with
3) people will think salon and Tamim got a chance because of the Bengali thinggy
4) Kolkata Bengali people have been very ignorant about Bengali cricket.... Never really paid us the respect we deserve
5) it's a weak team eitherways

firstlane
December 21, 2010, 01:51 AM
BCB should restrict our young guns going to eendia to play in this corrupt, marked-for-dead tournament.

What are you talking about? Who is bcb you think?

ahnaf
December 21, 2010, 01:56 AM
The one team I would hate to see Tamim and Sakib in is Night riders, and here are my reasons,
1) they have treated mash very poorly
2) shahrukh is a very ignorant person to deal with
3) people will think salon and Tamim got a chance because of the Bengali thinggy
4) Kolkata Bengali people have been very ignorant about Bengali cricket.... Never really paid us the respect we deserve
5) it's a weak team eitherways

well said.. Agreed..

shakibrulz
December 21, 2010, 02:16 AM
KKR sucks, I hope dada leaves that s**tty team and joins some other new franchisee. Would love to see Iceman play under him.

dolcevita
December 21, 2010, 02:18 AM
KKR sucks, I hope dada leaves that s**tty team and joins some other new franchisee. Would love to see Iceman play under him.

He has already been released...

rinathq
December 21, 2010, 02:23 AM
Actually gunguly is ignorant too, dunt want bossing over our pride.......
I still remember his comment when he visited Dhaka to play :(

ziku1
December 21, 2010, 02:24 AM
i would definitely love to see tamim and shakib in an ipl team, although the ipl is unpredictable, and its quite possible these quality players will be overlooked.

as for county vs ipl. i may be selfish but i would much rather see the players i support on tv with all the glitz and glamour,as opposed to some out of the way county club team whose progress i can only check via cricinfo

shakibrulz
December 21, 2010, 03:03 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
I know, but he's likely to be bought by KKR in this auction. Like Murali has not been retained by CSK.

iDumb
December 21, 2010, 03:11 AM

man how you gonna have a kolkata team without dada? makes no sense.

I think tamim will do great in t20. And shakib will be very valuable to a team (but his performance will vary). I think either of these two will be good choices for some teams.. unlike Mashrafee who was clearly overpayed (even some of us mentioned that he will flop and that he was paid too much right after the auction and before he played any games).

shakibrulz
December 21, 2010, 03:53 AM
man how you gonna have a kolkata team without dada? makes no sense.

I think tamim will do great in t20. And shakib will be very valuable to a team (but his performance will vary). I think either of these two will be good choices for some teams.. unlike Mashrafee who was clearly overpayed (even some of us mentioned that he will flop and that he was paid too much right after the auction and before he played any games).
Well I would rather see him in some good team or leading a new franchisee rather than such a crappy team where $$$ is all that matters. But you're right they most probably will buy him because they're going to lose a lot of support if dada's not playing.

And about Tamim & Shak I think Shakib is easily the best pick of the two as he's the better batsman and even otherwise he's good enough to be played as a spinner alone.

firstlane
December 21, 2010, 06:07 AM

Its their strategy. No one else will buy ganguly except kkr.

shakibrulz
December 21, 2010, 07:39 AM

3rd highest run scorer last season.

Baundule
December 21, 2010, 07:47 AM
Ganguly, as a batsman, was one of the most successful ones in IPL 2010. He was the 4th highest run scorer (after Tendu, Kallis and Raina), averaging 38 at a better strike rate (117.66) than Kallis. All those runs were not meaningless and stats-boosting. Most of the time he played with intents to win. Add his leadership skill to it and he is a prime candidate to be chosen by the new team.

beshideshi
December 21, 2010, 08:54 AM
It's surprising how little success Tamim has had in T20s given his bang bang attitude. I think it's just about finding the right balance, Harsha Bhogle once said, in T20s you have more time than you think. Specially when you are an opener, you have 2-3 overs to get settled and then you can
make up for those deliveries in the later stages.

My prediction, Shakib goes for 300-350k, Tamim goes for 500k.

shuziburo
December 21, 2010, 10:12 AM
This didnt get me excited (if they do get selected I would be happy for them). I am more interested to know if Shak and Tamim will play in County or not....

IPL can make you some serious money quickly. But, playing in County Cricket can teach you how to play the game right. Once you learn that, you can make some serious money.

lamisa
December 21, 2010, 10:12 AM
i unno y people are saying that tamim will bag more $$$than shakib.shakib is the number 1 allrounder in the world for God's sake.india has a lot of good batters and there are the other bideshi ones as well so i dont think tamim will bag much.shakib on the other hand is a very good bowler and his sort of bowling is ideal for indian conditions and he's a great batsman as well.he deserves to get paid more.
however that being said,i don't think our players should take ipl too seriously,they should concentrate on their national duty and perhaps get a county offer and not this money making affair,namely IPL

amar11432
December 21, 2010, 01:44 PM
Apart from the left-handed all-rounder, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza are priced at 100,000 dollars. Eighty-seven other players are also at the 100k level, the prominent names in them being pacemen Morne Morkel and Ben Hilfenhaus.

Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah Riyad are among eleven Bangladeshi players to be put under the 50,000-dollar group.

Attn: Mod can you change the title to just "ipl auction"

shuziburo
December 21, 2010, 02:20 PM
i unno y people are saying that tamim will bag more $$$than shakib.shakib is the number 1 allrounder in the world for God's sake.india has a lot of good batters and there are the other bideshi ones as well so i dont think tamim will bag much.shakib on the other hand is a very good bowler and his sort of bowling is ideal for indian conditions and he's a great batsman as well.he deserves to get paid more.
however that being said,i don't think our players should take ipl too seriously,they should concentrate on their national duty and perhaps get a county offer and not this money making affair,namely IPL

There are not that many cricketers in the world who will pass up this kind of money. ($100k is roughly Tk 70 lakh.) However, I strongly feel that IPL will be detrimental to most of our players' development at this stage. I wish they get County call ups and go there. Many of the world's best cricketers matured there.

Murad
December 21, 2010, 02:25 PM

Shakib is a good bowler thats right. But not in T20. Plus IPL pitches are as flat as highway. Nothing for bowlers.

There will be more buyers for Tamim than Shakib. Tamim is becoming a good brand.

Habib
December 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
Shakib is a good bowler thats right. But not in T20. Plus IPL pitches are as flat as highway. Nothing for bowlers.

There will be more buyers for Tamim than Shakib. Tamim is becoming a good brand.

Tamim is not a good batsman in T20 either mind you :P At the end of the day, Shakib will surely be bought because his allround performance against NZ was televised in India & people there know him now.

skhondoker
December 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
there seems to be more players from Bangladesh in the IPL auction list according to daily star.

Read On:

<fieldset> DLF Indian Premier League

For Shakib, bidding starts at $200k

</fieldset> Star Sport Desk
Shakib Al Hasan was among a number of prominent players to be bracketed under the 200,000-dollar base price ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) players' auction to be held in Bangalore on January 8 and 9.
Shakib has been grouped with former India captain Sourav Ganguly, Gautam Gambhir, the Australian trio of Michael Hussey, Doug Bollinger and Dirk Nannes, English batsman Eoin Morgan, Robin Uthappa and Sri Lankan great Sanath Jayasuriya.
Apart from the left-handed all-rounder, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza are priced at 100,000 dollars. Eighty-seven other players are also at the 100k level, the prominent names in them being pacemen Morne Morkel and Ben Hilfenhaus.
Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mahmudullah Riyad are among eleven Bangladeshi players to be put under the 50,000-dollar group.
After being put under different price ranges in the IPL Auction Register, the players' names would be scanned by the different franchises who will decide to put up the names of their desired players during the two-day auction.
Cricinfo reports: In the uppermost reserve price -- 400,000 dollars -- was West Indies legend Brian Lara who might not have played active cricket for four years but he is one of the 21 names to attract the highest base price. Alongside Lara, in the same bracket, are the former Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist, the Indian trio of Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh and IPL first-timers Stuart Broad, James Anderson, Graeme Swann, Michael Yardy and Luke Wright, all part of England's 2010 World Twenty20 winning side.
Brett Lee, Shaun Marsh and Mahela Jayawardene, who all played for Kings XI Punjab, will also enter the auction at the highest base price. They will be joined by other prominent IPL names such as Daniel Vettori, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Graeme Smith, AB de Villiers, Tillakaratne Dilshan and Chris Gayle.
The most notable absentees -- in addition to Pakistan's cricketers, who continue to get the IPL cold shoulder -- are some of Australia's biggest current players: Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke and Mitchell Johnson. Andrew Flintoff, who became the most expensive buy in the IPL when Chennai Super Kings signed him for $1.55 million ahead of the second season, has Been left out too. Flintoff had retired from professional cricket last September. Also missing from the 2011 pool is the retired Australian pair of Matthew Hayden and Glenn McGrath, who played in the previous editions of the IPL after ending their careers.
Jacques Kallis and Muttiah Muralitharan, who featured significantly for Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai in the first three seasons, find themselves in the $300,000 bracket. Zaheer Khan and Yusuf Pathan are the big Indian names in that list, which also includes Andrew Symonds, Shaun Tait, Kumar Sangakkara, and Angelo Mathews.
The season is set to go ahead with 10 teams and 74 matches as originally planned, since the BCCI is not likely to move the Supreme Court after it lost High Court appeals against the stay orders granted to the termination of Punjab and Rajasthan. The auction plan sets at rest speculation that the auction would be delayed by the various court cases the IPL is currently fighting.

Equinox
December 21, 2010, 02:53 PM
Tamim will fetch a higher price than Shakib because he has performed better against India.

According to the report above there are 16 Bangladeshis in the auction altogether. Lol at SN having a higher base price than Ash.

I don't see anyone other than Tamim and Shakib being picked up. I wouldn't even be surprised if Shakib is ignored once again. His base price will act as a deterrent.

simon
December 21, 2010, 02:57 PM
no need to debate wether TI will earn more or Sakib,looking at the base price for these 2 players gives us engh idea,doesn't it.

Habib
December 21, 2010, 03:02 PM
no need to debate wether TI will earn more or Sakib,looking at the base price for these 2 players gives us engh idea,doesn't it.

Yup. Indians valued Shakib for his recent performances. If the Indians remembering what Tamim did to them really played any part, then Tamim would've been bought before Ash & Mash. My prediction- Shakib & Tamim will both get bought with Shak fetching the higher price.

dolcevita
December 21, 2010, 03:17 PM
Wow vettori is priced 400000$ and Kallis 300000$

Night_wolf
December 21, 2010, 03:27 PM
Tamim will fetch a higher price than Shakib because he has performed better against India.

According to the report above there are 16 Bangladeshis in the auction altogether. Lol at SN having a higher base price than Ash.

I don't see anyone other than Tamim and Shakib being picked up. I wouldn't even be surprised if Shakib is ignored once again. His base price will act as a deterrent.

yah..i fear that too..

nycpro96
December 21, 2010, 03:30 PM
Don't be surprised if Razzak is picked up though.

Night_wolf
December 21, 2010, 03:35 PM
^nah i wont be surprised..remember he was our 1st player in the ipl:)

Nadim
December 21, 2010, 03:36 PM
Players valued at a reserve price of $400,000
Adam Gilchrist, Brett Lee, Shaun Marsh, James Anderson, Kevin Pietersen, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Yuvraj Singh, Daniel Vettori, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor, Graeme Smith, AB de Villiers, Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Brian Lara, Chris Gayle

What a joke......

BANFAN
December 21, 2010, 03:51 PM
I really dont want our plsyers to be in IPL.

They will have a better time and education, in county cricket. Shak should continue there and Tamim can also find some team in county.

pagol-chagol
December 21, 2010, 04:16 PM
Since 7 out of 11 starters will have to be domestic Indian players, and India is full of spinners, all IPL teams will try hard to fill up their 4 foreigner quota with non spinners. Unless they take Shakib as a genuine batsman, Shakib's path is harder than most of his die hard fans think.

In Tamim, the IPL teams might see a younger Viru. I think, Tamim has a much higher chance of getting drafted for the destruction he leaves behind.

rashed411
December 21, 2010, 04:52 PM
Since 7 out of 11 starters will have to be domestic Indian players, and India is full of spinners, all IPL teams will try hard to fill up their 4 foreigner quota with non spinners. Unless they take Shakib as a genuine batsman, Shakib's path is harder than most of his die hard fans think.

In Tamim, the IPL teams might see a younger Viru. I think, Tamim has a much higher chance of getting drafted for the destruction he leaves behind.

good point chagol

Haru-party
December 21, 2010, 05:40 PM
good point chagol

:floor::floor::floor:

rinathq
December 21, 2010, 07:37 PM

R u seriously comparing Sakib with normal Indian spinners? Even harbajan is no match as a spinner........ There are better batsmen than Sakib so he will get in as a bowler....

simon
December 21, 2010, 08:23 PM
atleast Sakib got & WUp fifty vs Aussie & 47 odd vs Pak whereas TI never reached to 40s(i guess)
Besides it's true that TI got excellent records against IND but Sak also has 3 ODI fifties agnst them.
If I were the owner of an IPL side I wld hv picked Sak anyday than Tamim.

yaseer
December 21, 2010, 09:12 PM
Hayden, Gayle, Gilchrist, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Smith, Kallis, Watson, Jayawardena - These are the players IPL teams rely for opening slot. Though we fans know Tamim can perform but I do not think IPL franchisees will rely on a young Bangladeshi for the most important opening slot in T20. Here goes Tamim's chances.

Sakib has better chances as he is an all-rounder. But he cannot make a cut solely as a batsman or bowler. Sakib has chance if any team is in desperate need of a spinning all-rounder. But again, IPL teams are likely to rely on spinners from India and go for batting all-rounders for foreigners. Sakib's batting can work as negative here.

++Many of the coaches and members of IPL team management are from AUS/SA/ENG. They are likely to consider FC players from AUS/SA/ENG over Bangladeshi players. This is not going to help either.

I do not see Tamim or Sakib getting a team this time also unless they themselves or BCB manage to establish links with any IPL franchisee.

munnabhai
December 21, 2010, 11:05 PM
Neither Tamim nor Shakib will be picked. Tamim's average and s/r is poor for T20, Shakib on the other hand is priced too high.

tiger_army
December 22, 2010, 01:43 AM
IPL is all about glamor and hard hitting T-20. Our players unable to perform in T-20. Just look at their avg in T20. we are good in ODI and getting better in Test and we have done nothing special in T20 yet except that win against WI ages before. So I will be surprised if any team will pick them up. So better satay away from high hope.
May be kapali will get picked because of his ICl fame.

shakibrulz
December 22, 2010, 01:49 AM

Shakib has a very good allround records in T20s. Even as a batsman he's miles ahead of Tamim in T20s.

Shaan
December 22, 2010, 01:53 AM

Then Vettori wouldn't be there at first place, I find Shakib much better bastman than Tamim and Vettori !!

junaid894
December 22, 2010, 04:29 AM
Shakib And Tamim Will Sld in 400$+.But Ash...................

Night_wolf
December 22, 2010, 07:31 AM
Full ipl auction list
link (http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/0076/IPL_auction_list.pdf)

Rubel at a base prise of 20000 would have been a stealer!..but i know he'll not be picked by anybody:(...people doesn't know him that well now

frd
December 22, 2010, 08:03 AM
:fire::fire::fire::fire:among all the BD players only one will be picked.. and he is................................................ .................................................. ......ROKIBUL :fire:

Raynman
December 22, 2010, 08:24 AM
With a series vs aus right after the WC, I doubt any of the teams will want to bid on any of them due to availability

lamisa
December 22, 2010, 09:14 AM
are u kidding me?how does riyad even make it to that list?last time i checked,ipl was all about t20 and not test cricket!

Holden
December 22, 2010, 09:18 AM
I've always wondered why Hasim Amla is never linked with the IPL considering his ODI record, I wonder if it is his personal choice, or something something more political.

Ajfar
December 22, 2010, 10:38 AM
^ its probably personal. He is South African, there should be no political problem what so ever.

pagol-chagol
December 22, 2010, 10:49 AM
Then Vettori wouldn't be there at first place, I find Shakib much better bastman than Tamim and Vettori !!

Recent history supports your opinion. However, Vettori has a long history of excellence that the IPL managers adore. He was picked up in the IPL when he was in top form. Not any more. I think the way Shakib dominated Vettori recently, the IPL managers will be hard pressed to pick Vettori ahead of Shakib. I think, Vettori won't be picked up at all in the next IPL.

pagol-chagol
December 22, 2010, 10:54 AM
R u seriously comparing Sakib with normal Indian spinners? Even harbajan is no match as a spinner........ There are better batsmen than Sakib so he will get in as a bowler....

It's not what I think that matters. It's what the Indians think that matters.

Shakib doesn't have to be just better. Shakib has to be significantly better in their eyes to justify not picking a foreigner Pacer or top class foreign batsman ahead of him.

shuziburo
December 22, 2010, 11:15 AM
With a series vs aus right after the WC, I doubt any of the teams will want to bid on any of them due to availability

I hope you are correct. I really don't think that the time is right for BD players to be in the IPL.

shuziburo
December 22, 2010, 11:16 AM
Recent history supports your opinion. However, Vettori has a long history of excellence that the IPL managers adore. He was picked up in the IPL when he was in top form. Not any more. I think the way Shakib dominated Vettori recently, the IPL managers will be hard pressed to pick Vettori ahead of Shakib. I think, Vettori won't be picked up at all in the next IPL.

This has been a prediction thread. I wonder which prediction(s) will come true.

dolcevita
December 22, 2010, 11:24 AM
Vettori is OVER RATED as an allrounder : after 260 ODI his average is a mighty 15 with the bats...
and has never scored a 100 in odi

Ajfar
December 22, 2010, 01:20 PM
^ that's because he turned into an allrounder over the last couple years. He batted much lower down the order when he first started playing, at least that's what I remember.

rinathq
December 22, 2010, 01:29 PM
I hope you are correct. I really don't think that the time is right for BD players to be in the IPL.

Yea our players dunt need glamour right now, they need to establish a good base at cricket first

Murad
December 22, 2010, 01:29 PM
Vettori is OVER RATED as an allrounder : after 260 ODI his average is a mighty 15 with the bats...
and has never scored a 100 in odi

He is a good Test Allrounder (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/38710.html?class=1;spanmax1=22+Dec+2010;spanmin1=2 2+Dec+2006;spanval1=span;template=results;type=all round). Better than our Iceman. Averaging over 40 in last 4 years as batsman. 33 as bowler.

Raynman
December 22, 2010, 01:41 PM

IPL is an opportunity for the professional players to earn a good amount of money as well as a chance to match skills with world class talent. Being in the nets with some of these players is a rare chance that our players may never get otherwise.

So to hope or wish that none of our players play in the IPL is just plain wrong.

If they are picked on their skills and given the opportunity (unlike Mash and Ash were), I am all for it.

We can not expect to part of the elite and then not let our boys reap the benefits of hard work.

Ajfar
December 22, 2010, 02:19 PM
There are some really good players on that auction list for really cheap price. They probably have a better chance of getting brought that tamim. Guys like AJ Finch, Davies, D. Harris they made a pretty good name for themselves during the CLT20. I wouldn't be surprised if IPL teams buy these guys over Tamim or any other well known openers. Theron is going for $50,000 in that auction list. That's a really good price for him. He had a really good CLT20. IPL teams are much clever now, they will spend their money wisely. They will go for proven performer rather than names. Unfortunately Tamim doesn't really have that good of a T20 numbers to back up his case.

Dhakablues
December 22, 2010, 02:44 PM
Its not about Shakib or Tamim or why a Dutch player is valued more than star players.. The way the fanchises will pick the players is based on their individual needs and team combiation. This year it is a bit tricky as domestic players are not to be approached or booked. However, players are just commdity there and where they are made from makes no difference. Heck even if they are made in China,, they will take it as long as it fits their plan. The mathematics is simple, they have the set budget, they need to get a strong team of 7 batsman and 4 bowlers. The pricing plays a role and so does what kind of a player they need to win matches. Given the budget and lower risks, teams will focus more on domestic players and fill the foreign quota with the ones who can tip the balance. Shakib is a world class player and we expect him to be picked but if he isnt,, its not a testament that he is inferior to a Virat Kohli. The team management will still have to do a selection from the pool. My intuition is that Kolkata Knight Riders or Mumbai will bid for the Bangladeshi players.

shuziburo
December 22, 2010, 02:51 PM
IPL is an opportunity for the professional players to earn a good amount of money as well as a chance to match skills with world class talent. Being in the nets with some of these players is a rare chance that our players may never get otherwise.

So to hope or wish that none of our players play in the IPL is just plain wrong.

If they are picked on their skills and given the opportunity (unlike Mash and Ash were), I am all for it.

We can not expect to part of the elite and then not let our boys reap the benefits of hard work.

You did not get my point. I am against their being in the IPL at this point of their career. We can debate to death about the value of being at the net with the world-class players. I would feel much happier if they went to IPL and earned some serious money after another couple of years. In fact, playing in county cricket is likely to make them much better cricketer and as a result, their lifetime earning might be better even if they played at IPL two years later.

tiger_army
December 22, 2010, 08:51 PM
Its not about Shakib or Tamim or why a Dutch player is valued more than star players.. The way the fanchises will pick the players is based on their individual needs and team combiation. This year it is a bit tricky as domestic players are not to be approached or booked. However, players are just commdity there and where they are made from makes no difference. Heck even if they are made in China,, they will take it as long as it fits their plan. The mathematics is simple, they have the set budget, they need to get a strong team of 7 batsman and 4 bowlers. The pricing plays a role and so does what kind of a player they need to win matches. Given the budget and lower risks, teams will focus more on domestic players and fill the foreign quota with the ones who can tip the balance. Shakib is a world class player and we expect him to be picked but if he isnt,, its not a testament that he is inferior to a Virat Kohli. The team management will still have to do a selection from the pool. My intuition is that Kolkata Knight Riders or Mumbai will bid for the Bangladeshi players.

Well said.... if you complaining why our players are not getting picked please read this post.

Raynman
December 22, 2010, 09:54 PM
You did not get my point. I am against their being in the IPL at this point of their career. We can debate to death about the value of being at the net with the world-class players. I would feel much happier if they went to IPL and earned some serious money after another couple of years. In fact, playing in county cricket is likely to make them much better cricketer and as a result, their lifetime earning might be better even if they played at IPL two years later.

You're missing my point too, what gives you the right to dictate when they can play IPL.

If they have value and can make a killing, why not? I'm glad that Mash got to take home a pay load before all these injuries.

County and IPL is not an OR situation. If you're good enough and there is demand for your talent, you can do both.

ziku1
December 23, 2010, 02:41 AM
You're missing my point too, what gives you the right to dictate when they can play IPL.

If they have value and can make a killing, why not? I'm glad that Mash got to take home a pay load before all these injuries.

County and IPL is not an OR situation. If you're good enough and there is demand for your talent, you can do both.

mashrafe is an example where picking county over ipl would have affected him very badly financially. players in the end need to think about the money and if someone is offering you an ipl contract (something that is even more substantial to bangali cricketers as their bcb salaries are nowhere the level of say australia or england) you should take it- because you never know when you might get injured and potentially lose your capacity to earn.

i feel every player has the right to play for whoever is paying the most inorder to secure themselves financially.

Baundule
December 23, 2010, 02:48 AM
I do not like BCCI and the way they manage IPL; but events like ICL or IPL are good for the players, for the spectators and for the game. So, if got picked, Shakib and co. must play the IPL. Players do not earn much money in cricket compared to other high profile sports. IPL is a good option. The quality of cricket in the IPL is quite high as well.

simon
December 23, 2010, 05:37 AM
I've always wondered why Hasim Amla is never linked with the IPL considering his ODI record, I wonder if it is his personal choice, or something something more political.

^ its probably personal. He is South African, there should be no political problem what so ever.

ya personal i guess,maybe he doesnt want to be surrounded by IPL cheerleaders,attend in late night parties,listen to SRKhn's dirty jokes etc. :-D

zainab
December 23, 2010, 07:32 AM
Playing in the IPL is the worst thing that can happen to these players. It does not improve their game and they sit around for weeks doing nothing because they dont get a game, maybe one only.

dolcevita
December 23, 2010, 01:38 PM
ya personal i guess,maybe he doesnt want to be surrounded by IPL cheerleaders,attend in late night parties,listen to SRKhn's dirty jokes etc. :-D
Shame he is probably current best batsman in the world (in form)
this guy is a runs machine

rinathq
December 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
They are taking Tamim and shak just to get support from the entire BD population.... Nothing else

22Yards
December 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
I do not like BCCI and the way they manage IPL; but events like ICL or IPL are good for the players, for the spectators and for the game. So, if got picked, Shakib and co. must play the IPL. Players do not earn much money in cricket compared to other high profile sports. IPL is a good option. The quality of cricket in the IPL is quite high as well.

I think they should obviously play but dont quite agree with that. The quality of IPL is not so standard for cricket. But the reason I want to see my boys to play there is because its an opportunity to play alongside big names and it doesnt come so easily all the time. I am not saying learn from IPL, just saying learn from the players who play IPL.

22Yards
December 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
they are taking tamim and shak just to get support from the entire bd population.... Nothing else
<br />posted via bc mobile edition (iphone)

d.u.h

rinathq
December 23, 2010, 01:53 PM
Just saying..... :)

Baundule
December 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
I think they should obviously play but dont quite agree with that. The quality of IPL is not so standard for cricket. But the reason I want to see my boys to play there is because its an opportunity to play alongside big names and it doesnt come so easily all the time. I am not saying learn from IPL, just saying learn from the players who play IPL.
Why are IPL matches sub-standard? Teams are neck-to-neck and the tournament is so competitive that you do not know the semi finalists even before the last one or two matches.

If the question is, T20 vs test, then that is a different story. Shorter format of the game needs a different set of skills and that's the charm of it.

max410
December 24, 2010, 01:12 PM
Bd needs to beat India in world cup then their IPL money will come automatically on BD players they need another thrashing from BD team

shuziburo
December 24, 2010, 06:18 PM

I think IPL offers the highest T20 standard, although I am not a big fan of IPL. How will our players learn from other IPL players? Ask them for some lessons?

FagunerAgun
December 25, 2010, 07:16 PM
Apperantly a good news, but what is behind the curtain?

22Yards
December 25, 2010, 11:42 PM
I think IPL offers the highest T20 standard, although I am not a big fan of IPL. How will our players learn from other IPL players? Ask them for some lessons?

The only reason i said "low standard" is because the priority isnt a players ability rather their popularity. Its a tournament thats made to MAKE MONEY and not intended for the development of cricket itself.

and Yes i do mean taking a lesson or two from world class cricketers.

Ajfar
December 26, 2010, 12:00 AM
The only reason i said "low standard" is because the priority isnt a players ability rather their popularity.

Ya popularity has a lot to do with it, because big names = big money = big support. But players popularity doesn't win franchises games or the tournament. Its the players ability that win games. If you saw the first edition of IPL you would know Warne still has it in him to do wonders that's ability not popularity, if you watched the 2nd edition of IPL you would know players like Kallis and Dravid who were labeled as the worse T20 batsman ever turned it all around for Bangalore and led from the front. That's their ability not popularity. Players might get paid based on how popular they are but that doesn't win them matches. Standard of IPL is as high as it gets for T20. I can't think of anywhere else in the world where you can find better T20 standard than IPL.

How is it possible for IPL to be 'low standard' when a team containing players like - Dale Steyn, Kallis, Cameron White, Ross Taylor, Dravid, Kumble, and many more well established players play against a team containing players like - Sachin, Zaheer, Malinga, Bhaji, Pollard, Bravo, Duminy.

tournament thats made to MAKE MONEY and not intended for the development of cricket itself.

well off course its made to make money, money runs the world without money you think Ashes or even World Cup would take place? As for development of cricket itself, if you look at it from T20 perspective it is developing cricket. It might not help our cricketers (BD cricketers) but it definitely developing better T20 players for India. Its their league and doing what it is suppose to do for them.

22Yards
December 26, 2010, 01:10 AM
Ya popularity has a lot to do with it, because big names = big money = big support. But players popularity doesn't win franchises games or the tournament. Its the players ability that win games. If you saw the first edition of IPL you would know Warne still has it in him to do wonders that's ability not popularity, if you watched the 2nd edition of IPL you would know players like Kallis and Dravid who were labeled as the worse T20 batsman ever turned it all around for Bangalore and led from the front. That's their ability not popularity. Players might get paid based on how popular they are but that doesn't win them matches. Standard of IPL is as high as it gets for T20. I can't think of anywhere else in the world where you can find better T20 standard than IPL.

How is it possible for IPL to be 'low standard' when a team containing players like - Dale Steyn, Kallis, Cameron White, Ross Taylor, Dravid, Kumble, and many more well established players play against a team containing players like - Sachin, Zaheer, Malinga, Bhaji, Pollard, Bravo, Duminy.

well off course its made to make money, money runs the world without money you think Ashes or even World Cup would take place? As for development of cricket itself, if you look at it from T20 perspective it is developing cricket. It might not help our cricketers (BD cricketers) but it definitely developing better T20 players for India. Its their league and doing what it is suppose to do for them.

Players arent playing for their team or for the game cricket but for money. Everything is related to money, power, popularity and politics. And neither of those four things are recipes for healthy cricket. Now for me that is enough to recognize this event as a step down from standard. That comparison with the Ashes was a bit too far i believe.

IPL = entertainment > sportsmanship.

Ajfar
December 26, 2010, 01:26 AM
we are talkng about T20 here not test or ODI. So show me how is IPL step down from standard from other T20 leagues?When you say power politics thats all behind the scene. Like i said power poltics popularity does win you games. Power politics doesnt lower the standard of IPL. When the players step into to the field its about who they are and what they are capable of thats what defines standard of the game not whos getting paid what and whos got what kind of connection with who.

How do you know players are only playing for money? Do you want them to play for free? I have no idea what you are talking about so elaborate please

shujan
December 26, 2010, 03:57 AM
Last year Shakib was not picked in IPL auction by any team. Mash played in Kolkata team as he was picked the year before and was not released by the team. Last year none of the Bangladeshi player was picked. This year may be the same due to reason other then individual cricket quality.

shuziburo
December 26, 2010, 02:06 PM
Last year Shakib was not picked in IPL auction by any team. Mash played in Kolkata team as he was picked the year before and was not released by the team. Last year none of the Bangladeshi player was picked. This year may be the same due to reason other then individual cricket quality.

IPL has a lot of politics. Some dirty. This is why I would be happy if our players start going their after a couple of more years. They would be better prepared to deal with it.

zainab
December 30, 2010, 06:56 AM
With England, SA, NZ players wanting to play in the IPL, how can players from BD get a chance,
the only person i see getting a chance is Tamim.

dolcevita
December 30, 2010, 07:12 AM
With England, SA, NZ players wanting to play in the IPL, how can players from BD get a chance,

Bangladesh haven't beat NZ 4-0 ?
Vettori looks ordinary when you compares his ODI stats with Shakib's records

BANFAN
December 30, 2010, 07:28 AM
Players arent playing for their team or for the game cricket but for money. Everything is related to money, power, popularity and politics. And neither of those four things are recipes for healthy cricket. Now for me that is enough to recognize this event as a step down from standard.

IPL = entertainment > sportsmanship.

At the end of the Day, IPL teams play on the field and beat opponents. All the teams are packed with the best performers of the world. How can it be of low standard?

There is more money in English premier league, have their standard gone down? More money, means more pressure on the players to perform better.

Sports is supposed to be a part of entertainment. If it wasn't entertaining, people there would be as much spectators as you could expect in a Kheyal Evening (Classical Music Evening). So, if IPL is entertaining, that means they attract more people on the ground. These public presence adds to more pressure on the players to perform better.

IPL is yet too big a stage for our players to handle. That's why I want these guys to take a bit more time before they come to IPL. But I won;t mind if Shak/Tamim is bought by some side. These two probably can protect themselves.

shakibrulz
December 30, 2010, 07:30 AM
Tamim? Don't see him getting to play imo, Shakib is the only BD player with good T20 record.

ziku1
January 1, 2011, 05:07 AM
http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/0077/IPL_2011_Auction_List.pdf

the player list for the auction.

quite a few other bangladeshis in there.

dont think mortaza has any chance of being picked again due to the injury but hopefully some of our other boys get picked and get some money/experience

riankhan
January 1, 2011, 07:31 AM
http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/0077/IPL_2011_Auction_List.pdf

the player list for the auction.

Thanks for the list :)

Roni_uk
January 1, 2011, 09:26 AM
how do they come up with the price structure? Numb one all rounder Shakib is 200K as opposed to some of the other not so all rounders are 400K. Rubel is only 20K compared to some of the unheard of indian players who are 50K. I'd have Rubel in my team any day.

jisaan
January 1, 2011, 10:42 AM
what's his base price?

Ajfar
January 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
Roni bhai who knows Rubel beside you me and other BD fans? If you ask me the cheaper your base price is the bigger chance you have of getting picked. I thought last year Shakibs base price was too high. If he was only up for $50,000 or less teams would be intersted in him because thats a really good deal and if it works out great if it doesnt it doesnt matter to them they didn't pay that much for him.

jisaan
January 1, 2011, 11:59 AM
tamim has a brand name in world cricket!
viru & tamim are d most destructive openers in world cricket
it would be shame if IPL teams don't fight over his inclusion

Shakib has been the most talked about bangladesh cricketer in the last couple of years or so....
he's probably the best left arm spinner alongwith Vettori
he can get off to a flyer from the very 1st ball and fields better than most of the indians and, all pakistanis.
don't see any reason why he won't be picked...

Wakidul
January 1, 2011, 01:19 PM
Its great knowing that therz a chance of bdeshi's bein selected to play ipl cricket. Obviously its healthy financially but also i believe its great to play alongside other worldclass players. There are many things u can learn in the dressing room from sharing it with the likes of tendulkar... shewag... muralithran... warne... etc in terms of game tactics in certain scenarios etc etc.

Does any1 knw when the actually bidding starts then? Im pretty confident both shakib en Tamim will be selected.

dolcevita
January 1, 2011, 03:01 PM
Its start 8 january
BD really needs Shakib Tamim and Raz and others gets a contract it will help to developp their T20 cricket skills and we need that for 2014 WC in BD

BASSMAN
January 2, 2011, 08:56 AM
Indian clubs only want forgein names which are fashionable or are credited by their media as a brand name.

Ajfar
January 2, 2011, 11:40 AM
Indian clubs only want forgein names which are fashionable or are credited by their media as a brand name.

Oh ya than how did unknown players like Yusuf Abdullah and Shaun Marsh get IPL contract? What kind of brand name do they bring for the franchises.

lamisa
January 3, 2011, 07:41 AM
the auction will be shown live!!!(i forgot which channel though)

Naimul_Hd
January 3, 2011, 08:38 AM
Last time, Set Max and NDTV televised the auction and IPL official site streamed it online. So, hopefully, they will do the same.

BASSMAN
January 3, 2011, 12:28 PM
Oh ya than how did unknown players like Yusuf Abdullah and Shaun Marsh get IPL contract? What kind of brand name do they bring for the franchises.

Maybe the odd one or 2 relatively unknown players are taken in. I was refering to the majority. Why do you think Lara's name is back in the mix of things again who hasnt been involved with main stream cricket for a long time.???

Ajfar
January 3, 2011, 12:44 PM
Why do you think Lara's name is back in the mix of things again who hasnt been involved with main stream cricket for a long time.???

umm oh I don't know maybe because he said it himself that he is interested in coming back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gbsP7_Q4i4 watch from 1 min

BANFAN
January 3, 2011, 06:19 PM

Yousuf Abdullah is a proven performer in SA domestic. Shaun Marsh has already stablished himself in IPL. He was superb in all the IPLs. and both these players are available for much lesser costs. Both of them have proven performances, much better than our Ash or anyone. only Shakib can be a better pick. Even Tamim will strugle in T20 to match their performances.

Night_wolf
January 6, 2011, 05:58 AM
Its start 8 january
BD really needs Shakib Tamim and Raz and others gets a contract it will help to developp their T20 cricket skills and we need that for 2014 WC in BD

well playing the ipl doesn't always prepare u best for the WC...see india for example..only time they won ipl wasn't in the face of the earth that time...after ipl came,india failed to reach SF once

Dhakablues
January 6, 2011, 01:54 PM
Guys,, lets be real, our players are good at ODIs but their record for T20 is really miserable. Be it Shakib/Rubel/Tamim,, none of them are as good as they are for T20 compared to ODIs.

Bangladesh is not really T20 material as there is a certain mindset needed for pacing the innings or bowling slower deliveries. The PCL initiative was a great initiative by ATN and Chittagong Board and then there was a breif Big Boss tourney but other than that I can't recall when we played serious T20 last time. On the other side, players from India have really mastered the T20 skills as that's what they are really excited about throughout. Mashrafee got the contract last time as he was filling in Umar Gul's position and India has a scarcity of quality pace bowlers. I wish our players luck in getting the lucrative contracts but I wont be heartbroken if neither of them get any... I would rather want to see our domestic T20 league flourish and breed new domestic players..

Ajfar
January 6, 2011, 02:49 PM
Yousuf Abdullah is a proven performer in SA domestic. Shaun Marsh has already stablished himself in IPL. He was superb in all the IPLs. and both these players are available for much lesser costs. Both of them have proven performances, much better than our Ash or anyone. only Shakib can be a better pick. Even Tamim will strugle in T20 to match their performances.

Bhai I know that. The Person I was replying to claims IPL franchises only care for brand names, for example big name players. So I was just pointing out to him that's not always the case.

BASSMAN
January 6, 2011, 07:17 PM
Bhai I know that. The Person I was replying to claims IPL franchises only care for brand names, for example big name players. So I was just pointing out to him that's not always the case.

While I was pointing out the majority cases

Equinox
January 7, 2011, 04:18 PM
Actually after giving it a thought I would prefer if neither of them are picked up for this season at least. It will really charge up the boys for the encounter on the 19th.

betaar
January 7, 2011, 04:24 PM
Actually after giving it a thought I would prefer if neither of them are picked up for this season at least. It will really charge up the boys for the encounter on the 19th.

When you say boys you mean just 2, right? Only Shakib and Tamim have any some chance of being picked up for their base price. And if they don't make it, do you really believe it will have any impact on the rest of the team?

Equinox
January 7, 2011, 04:51 PM
When you say boys you mean just 2, right? Only Shakib and Tamim have any some chance of being picked up for their base price. And if they don't make it, do you really believe it will have any impact on the rest of the team?
Aren't they the captain and vice-captain of the team other than being the two best players? Rejecting them is basically saying Bangladesh on the whole is not good enough. And that will work as a catalyst for all the boys. Did it not piss Mashrafe off when Ishant told him he didn't know who Shakib was?

ziku1
January 7, 2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/495872.html?CMP=chrome

read this article on cricinfo about todays auction,

i get the feeling its not looking good for our boys to pick up a contract this time around.

there is an excess of international players and the ipl franchises need to stay under their cap- and they will most likely fill their quota with indian players.

Naimul_Hd
January 7, 2011, 05:46 PM
According to NDTV, indian news agency, Shakib is one of the HOT Properties (must buy) in IPL 4 auction along with Brian Lara, Gilcrist, Symonds, Kallis, Steyn, Warner, McCullum and many more superstars !

Shakib Al Hasan

This man has topped the charts amongst all-rounders in the ICC list for sometime with his more than useful batting and bowling skills.

One of the lone bright spots in a hapless Bangladesh unit, Shakib will be a good buy for any team.

http://www.ndtv.com/album/detail/ipl-4-auction-hot-properties-8900/28

22Yards
January 7, 2011, 05:59 PM
so whens the auction again ? i want to watch it. Would there be any online links available ? thanks

Dhakablues
January 7, 2011, 06:12 PM
Bangladesh a hapless side? The reporter needs to wake up from his kubhokarna sleep since 2003... Bangladesh is one of the most successful team of 2010 and have better winning records than 5 other ODI teams..

Haru-party
January 7, 2011, 06:13 PM
The best squad, then, is a mix of "allrounders and impact players". Or, as Rixon put it, players who fit the teams' macro-mould. "If bowling is your strength, you need strong upper-order batting. You need players who can bowl and bat..." Teams would also be on the lookout for the decision-makers who can deliver

This is why shakib will be there

niqbal
January 8, 2011, 04:19 AM
IPL Auction is ON now. Results are shown in the commentry.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/495820.html

Spitfire_x86
January 8, 2011, 05:17 AM
Shakib is now at $400,000

Spitfire_x86
January 8, 2011, 05:18 AM
Sold to KKR for $425,000.

AGC
January 8, 2011, 05:19 AM
KKR buy Shakib for $425k.

zainab
January 8, 2011, 06:53 AM
I guess Tamim and Ash will not get a bid, anyhow, good for Sakib, he will mix with another group of players, but what happens if there is an international match in BD, I think, thre is one in April.

reyme
January 10, 2011, 12:25 PM
Ever thought where all these money coming from to run the IPL teams/shows? Watch a movie called "Rat Race" and you will know what am I talking about...

In IPL cricket is secondary, to some extent, its about whitening and legalizing black money, gambling, commercials, pride....

this is just my speculation...