PDA

View Full Version : Junaed Siddiqui injured

amar11432
December 24, 2010, 02:57 PM
Another injury scare for Tigers
Staff Correspondent

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/dec/25/spt2-b.jpg

Bangladesh suffered another injury scare when batsman Junaed Siddique sprained the Achilles tendon of his left foot while batting for his club Surjo Tarun in the Dhaka Premier League against Mohammedan Sporting Club at the BKSP ground on Friday.

His injury came in less than a week after paceman Mashrafee bin Murtaza injured his knee at the same ground. Junaed’s injury, however, was not as serious as Mashrafee’s.

Junaed picked up the injury shortly after he had completed his fifty, his second in consecutive matches, and had to rest at the crease for a while before resuming his innings. He, however, looked very uncomfortable as the pain increased and eventually got out on 59 runs.

‘He was given icing medication and pain killer before he was taken to the BCB,’ said Surjo Tarun physio Abu Reza Muhammad Shariful Hasan.

He was later examined by BCB physician Manirul Amin, who kept him under observation for the night. He will be examined again in the morning and if there is any swelling the BCB may go for further diagnosis, said the officials.

meazz1
December 24, 2010, 03:04 PM
I hope this is not a serious scare.
Hoping for the quick recovery.

ammark
December 24, 2010, 03:05 PM
SN ftw!

fracking DPL should be off limits to our top 25 players right now. next thing you'll hear might well be Sakib injures his spinning finger because he decided to field at fwd short leg!

shuziburo
December 24, 2010, 04:52 PM
The injury bug seems contagious! Players should be careful. It has not been that cold in Dhaka. So, it cannot be due to players not warmed up cold weather.

simon
December 24, 2010, 04:57 PM
the way injuries and maramari hatahati going on should we keep the national players out of the league?

shuziburo
December 24, 2010, 05:07 PM
the way injuries and maramari hatahati going on should we keep the national players out of the league?

Absolutely.

Wait...Don't they need match practice before the WC?

betaar
December 24, 2010, 10:40 PM
This is nothing major, he will be ok in couple of weeks with proper rest. He will probably miss out on some good match practice but sprained Achilles tendon is nothing too serious. It happens to me almost every other summer when I play cricket and these guys are much more fit and younger than me.

Night_wolf
December 24, 2010, 11:39 PM
we were screaming that indians will be injured playing too much cricket and now our players are getting injured..wth

shakibrulz
December 25, 2010, 04:29 AM
All get ready to welcome Sir Ash! :notworthy:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Baundule
December 25, 2010, 05:27 AM
You can not keep Ashraful out of the team. He will come back, be it in his own cost or his team mate's cost.

lamisa
December 25, 2010, 10:27 AM
who's next?tamim?shakib?shafiul?rubel?or ash?

Haru-party
December 25, 2010, 11:43 AM
who's next?tamim?shakib?shafiul?rubel?or ash?

ami tore ami tore ami tore.........khali maye manush dekhe chaire dilam

Odhora
December 25, 2010, 12:15 PM

:lol: ভয় পাইলেন নাকি? আমাদের মহিলা সংখা কিন্তু কমনা বিসিতে, আর মহিলাদের দোলাই তো জানেন কেমন লাগে. So be careful.:-p

qwerty
December 25, 2010, 12:39 PM
i wish all the best for Junaid but i dont want to see him against india unless he can pick up the scoring rate.

kawsar
December 25, 2010, 06:16 PM
Haha ashraful must have prayed for his place

simon
December 25, 2010, 07:02 PM
Ash shld be selected for every series(offcourse not in final 11) only to avoid more injuries.;)

FagunerAgun
December 25, 2010, 07:04 PM
Sad news!
But good news is we have some depth to fill in his position.

lamisa
December 26, 2010, 08:49 AM

are bhai,moner dukkhe boltesi eishob..

BANFAN
December 26, 2010, 09:42 AM
He was later examined by BCB physician Manirul Amin, who kept him under observation for the night. He will be examined again in the morning and if there is any swelling the BCB may go for further diagnosis, said the officials.

So, looks like not so serious. Lets see what news comes tomorrow.

shuziburo
December 26, 2010, 01:59 PM
Ash shld be selected for every series(offcourse not in final 11) only to avoid more injuries.;)

Finally someone got it right.

simon
December 26, 2010, 02:16 PM
Junaid has been more consistent than Rock,Ryad ,Ash er kotha nahoy nai bollam.
We need him,if not than I want SN to take his place.

shuziburo
December 26, 2010, 11:23 PM
Junaid has been more consistent than Rock,Ryad ,Ash er kotha nahoy nai bollam.
We need him,if not than I want SN to take his place.

I am not sold on Junaid, but he is currently better than the others.

M.H.Rubel
December 27, 2010, 07:13 AM
How serious is his injury?His injury will decrease the competition between batsman its a very bad news for us.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Night_wolf
December 27, 2010, 08:37 AM
^injury isn't that bad..he'll be back very shortly