PDA

View Full Version : Proposal to broadcast domestic T-20 by "Broadcast 3"

MohammedC
December 30, 2010, 01:03 PM
An Indian production company named "Broadcast 3" have shown interest to broadcast domestic T-20 matches.

This is a good news. But is it another trap like Nimbus. Who are this broadcast 3? Will there be any small print on contract which will bite BCB's back later? Too many question need answering. I say BCB should go for it but approach with caution.

Here is the source....

[বাংলা]
বিসিবিতে ‘ব্রডকাস্ট থ্রি’র প্রস্তাব

<HR style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #d6d6d6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d6d6d6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d6d6d6 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #d6d6d6 1px solid" color=#ffffff width="100%">[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]
ঢাকা: দারুণ একটি খবর পেয়েছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড। ভারতীয় ‘প্রোডাকশন হাউজ’ ব্রডকাস্ট থ্রি বাংলাদেশের টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্টের খেলা দেখাতে আগ্রহ প্রকাশ করেছে।
অবশ্য উচ্ছ্বাস প্রকাশের মতো ঘটনা এখনো ঘটেনি। বৃহস্পতিবার বিসিবি যে প্রস্তাব পেয়েছে তাকে অনানুষ্ঠানিক বলা যেতে পারে। তবে বাংলাদেশ থেকে আগ্রহ দেখালে ‘ব্রডকাস্ট থ্রি’ বিশদ প্রস্তাব পাঠাবে বিসিবিতে।
ভারতীয় এই প্রোডাকশন কোম্পানির প্রস্তাবে সাড়া না দেওয়ার কোন কারণই নেই। বিসিবিও এক পায়ে খাড়া ব্রডকাস্ট থ্রি’র সঙ্গে সম্পর্ক গড়ে তুলতে। প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা মঞ্জুর আহমেদ জানান,“এটা খুবই ভালো একটি প্রস্তাব যে, ভারতীয় একটি প্রতিষ্ঠান আমাদের টি-টোয়েন্টি খেলা দেখাতে আগ্রহ প্রকাশ করেছে। ই-মেইলে আজই (বৃহস্পতিবার) প্রস্তাবটি পেয়েছি। শিগগিরই বিশদ প্রস্তাব চেয়ে ব্রডকাস্ট থ্রি’কে চিঠি দেওয়া হবে। সবকিছু ভালো হলে অবশ্যই আমরা চুক্তিতে যাবো।”
ব্রডকাস্ট থ্রি মূলত খেলা সরাসরি সম্প্রচার করে না। খেলা ধারণ করে প্র্যাকেজ হিসেবে বিক্রি করে ইএসপিএন, টেন স্পোর্টসসহ বেশ কিছু স্যাটেলাইট টিভি চ্যানেলের কাছে।
নিম্বাস স্পোর্টসের সঙ্গে বিসিবির চুক্তিতে ছিলো আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটের পাশাপাশি ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটের কিছু খেলা সম্প্রচার করবে। কিন্তু নিম্বাসের কাছ থেকে সে সুবিধা নিতে পারেনি বিসিবি। তবে বর্তমানে ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট, জাতীয় লিগ টি-টোয়েন্টি ও একদিনের ক্রিকেটের গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ম্যাচগুলো স্থানীয় টিভি চ্যানেল সম্প্রচার করে। এথেকে বিসিবি খুবএকটা লাভবান হয় না বললেই চলে। ব্রাডকাস্ট থ্রি এগিয়ে এলে স্থানীয় চ্যানেলগুলোও প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বীতা মুখে পড়বে। তাতে লাভ হবে বিসিবির।
[/বাংলা]

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=9d5a197b365fa7a34ba672e92d784 640&nttl=2010123022913

Night_wolf
December 30, 2010, 01:10 PM
BCB this time plz get a lawyer,read the contract throughly then even think about signing..nahole nimbus er mota ar akta bash khabe

MohammedC
December 30, 2010, 01:35 PM
I hope this goes through. Not because I get to watch more Bangladeshi player on telly. But for the financial benefit for domestic clubs. Who hardly makes any money from the leagues.

mac
December 30, 2010, 01:42 PM
Its a good news. I think broadcast 3 will be trying to sell the packages to local TV channels. But BCB, please check every clause before signing.

Murad
December 30, 2010, 01:48 PM
Its a good news. I think broadcast 3 will be trying to sell the packages to local TV channels. But BCB, please check every clause before signing.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking as well.

It's really a good news for our domestic cricket and the fans all over the world.

MohammedC
December 30, 2010, 01:56 PM
Why cant BCB encourage a local channels to broadcast domestic cricket ?

Why dont they publish a tender for bradcasting domestic cricket ?

nycpro96
December 30, 2010, 01:57 PM
There should be a clause proposed by the BCB which states that this broadcaster would need to stream their channel online.

amar11432
December 30, 2010, 05:45 PM
There should be a clause proposed by the BCB which states that this broadcaster would need to stream their channel online.

to ESPN3 :-D

Kabir
December 30, 2010, 07:17 PM
BCB this time plz get a lawyer,read the contract throughly then even think about signing..nahole nimbus er mota ar akta bash khabe

What makes you think they didn't get a lawyer when signing with nimbus?

It's not good enough to have a lawyer - coz that's what they did last time as well. It's absolutely important to have a lawyer that isn't just counting billable hours. Based on experience, they're not so easy to come by in BD (or elsewhere).

Top law agencies (in BD or elsewhere, except India) should be used, IMHO.

BANFAN
January 1, 2011, 10:51 AM

Exactly my questions.

Ajfar
January 1, 2011, 11:42 AM
Have you guys seen local channel broadcast? its crap to say the least. when ball goes toward the leg side the camera goes toward the off side. They miss live actions because they are tying to show replay.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

MohammedC
January 1, 2011, 12:15 PM
^^^ remember ekushey tv used to be ok not brilliant but was better than ATN. They have to get better equipment and few people in production team who understand broadcasting cricket match. Domestic cricket is best place to practice.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

lamisa
January 3, 2011, 07:48 AM
anyone but ATN bangla please!y can't ntv telecast the matches?they are the best!

WarWolf
January 3, 2011, 10:28 AM
I am not convinced. Why some Indian company would express interest in Bangladeshi T20 cricket which doesn't have any commercial value at all? Air time for the TV channels are highly expensive. As our domestic T20 cricket cannot attract advertisements I am sure this plan is not practical and won't see light at all.

auntu
January 3, 2011, 10:32 AM
^^ You are right Sadi bhai.

Akib
January 3, 2011, 11:13 AM
I am not convinced. Why some Indian company would express interest in Bangladeshi T20 cricket which doesn't have any commercial value at all? Air time for the TV channels are highly expensive. As our domestic T20 cricket cannot attract advertisements I am sure this plan is not practical and won't see light at all.

They'll probably resell the rights to local channels for a higher price?

Anyways, hopefully BCB replaced the lawyer who was used for the Nimbus contract.

Kabir
January 3, 2011, 11:19 AM

Local channels have to have an infrastructure and logistical means to be able to cover a sports event. If it was possible for them, I am sure they would have bid for it too.

MohammedC
January 3, 2011, 11:28 AM
^^^ I think local channel does not want to pay anything to BCB for broadcasting the matches. plus they don't have right equipment & right people production to run it. But if they do it regularly they will start to buy better equipment and their production team will gain experience in the field. In the long run it will be good for BCB.

shakibrulz
January 3, 2011, 11:48 AM
Maybe they are planning to start broadcasting in BD? Hard to think anyone in India would be interested in watching domestic cricket except a few cricket fanatics like me, tbh. :-p

Ajfar
January 3, 2011, 12:49 PM
Maybe they are planning to start broadcasting in BD? Hard to think anyone in India would be interested in watching domestic cricket except a few cricket fanatics like me, tbh. :-p

It has to be BD. Look at all the fans in BC, we are here going crazy over just trying to get hold of a scorecard. So there is definitely a lot of interest.

roman
January 3, 2011, 01:21 PM
It has to be BD. Look at all the fans in BC, we are here going crazy over just trying to get hold of a scorecard. So there is definitely a lot of interest.

Credit goes to Mohamedan Abahoni craze. I dont think National league gets this much of an enthusiasm like DPL does...

Murad
January 3, 2011, 02:00 PM
Credit goes to Mohamedan Abahoni craze. I dont think National league gets this much of an enthusiasm like DPL does...

NCL er thread dekhen ar DPL er dekhen. compare koren konta popular..:)

MohammedC
January 3, 2011, 02:53 PM
Well popularity for domestic cricket will rise if a broadcasting deal like this goes through.

roman
January 3, 2011, 03:06 PM
NCL er thread dekhen ar DPL er dekhen. compare koren konta popular..:)

Impressive..I thought NCL is nothing but a picnic tournament and players take DPL more seriously than they take NCL. Seems like I was wrong and I am happy to be wrong....

Habib
January 3, 2011, 03:22 PM
Impressive..I thought NCL is nothing but a picnic tournament and players take DPL more seriously than they take NCL. Seems like I was wrong and I am happy to be wrong....

LOL. It's not fair to judge the popularity by looking at the number of replies in a thread! There is absolutely no doubt that DPL is the most popular cricket league in BD, simply because of the two major rivals & their supporters all over the country.

roman
January 3, 2011, 03:46 PM
LOL. It's not fair to judge the popularity by looking at the number of replies in a thread! There is absolutely no doubt that DPL is the most popular cricket league in BD, simply because of the two major rivals & their supporters all over the country.

True but looks like NCL is more admired here than DPL. Several members dont even care about Mohamedan Abahoni.

BANFAN
January 3, 2011, 05:30 PM
True but looks like NCL is more admired here than DPL. Several members dont even care about Mohamedan Abahoni.

NCL is recognized first class matches, DPL is not.

But yes, some are very passionately tied to Modons and Abahoni. New generation may not be so paasionate about it.

lamisa
January 4, 2011, 08:03 AM
i don't get the modon haba chemistry :-|

akabir77
January 4, 2011, 08:27 AM
local channels doesn't show cricket matches. they show MP, Ministers and Khaleda + Hasina. and in between some matches. I still couldn't believe when they went to news between abahani and biman match and it was like 12 needed of last over or something... stupid L channels. and ATN is the worst of them. The guy would put his wife to play cricket instead of the cricketers if he could.

Tiger Manc
January 4, 2011, 09:36 AM
^^^it sounds sad to hear that. I can't believe people would do that in the year 2010.

I think for new fans or fans that have been brought up overseas. It's easier to support a regional team as you have a connection with that team, there is a sense of belonging to that team. There's hardly any media attention on the domestic teams in bangladesh, never mind overseas. Only a few big clubs get attention so people don't know that much about them. Also players tend to switch clubs quite regularly and don't have home stadiums so it's hard to support one club if your favourite players switch clubs. Another thing that may put people off is politics as well.

akabir77
January 4, 2011, 11:23 AM
^^^it sounds sad to hear that. I can't believe people would do that in the year 2010.

I think for new fans or fans that have been brought up overseas. It's easier to support a regional team as you have a connection with that team, there is a sense of belonging to that team. There's hardly any media attention on the domestic teams in bangladesh, never mind overseas. Only a few big clubs get attention so people don't know that much about them. Also players tend to switch clubs quite regularly and don't have home stadiums so it's hard to support one club if your favourite players switch clubs. Another thing that may put people off is politics as well.

wrong man there is a huge passion for clubs. those of us who grew up in abahani-mahamadan era have seen it. it doesn't matter which players goes where. besides there will be some icon players that will always play for a certain teams. Akram khan used to be abahani's and Nanu used to be moga i mean mohammadan's

roman
January 4, 2011, 01:14 PM
Our Sports history will be spurious if we ignore these two clubs. Because of these 2 teams we have got players like Nannu, bulbul, Akram, pilot, Faruq, Lipu. They were good players before playing for these teams but playing for those clubs had definitely sharpened their skills. From our contry's perspective Mohamedan and Habagoni Clash is our Ashesh, our El Clasico. We must not forget our roots....

reyme
January 4, 2011, 07:46 PM
i hope this goes through. Not because i get to watch more bangladeshi player on telly. But for the financial benefit for domestic clubs. Who hardly makes any money from the leagues.

:100:

Shocky
January 5, 2011, 12:46 AM
Local channels has'nt got the equipments to show a cricket match...ultra zoom camera is so costly...also hifi graphical software is necessary...that's the reason why they're unable to show the matches perfectly...but they can try to buy some sports broadcasting equipments n take some sort of training from india.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition