PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News :: Sakib Captain, Tamim Vice Captain

nasifkhan
December 31, 2010, 07:04 AM
Just saw a breaking news ticker on Boishakhi TV ::

Breaking News :: Sakib Captain, Tamim Vice Captain for World Cup.

Anher
December 31, 2010, 07:11 AM
Good luck and Congrats to both Shak and tamim. Bring us the new era.

Night_wolf
December 31, 2010, 07:12 AM
i know everybody will say why tamim..this is a wrong decision..but wait..lets see what happens..shakib and tamim have a different mentality then our other players..may be this "their wining and craving for success mentality" will help our players and thus our team..

Rabz
December 31, 2010, 07:25 AM
Watching the ticker on tv at the moment.

Good luck to both Sakib and Tamim.
By the Grace of Almighty, Let this pair be the most successful of all we have had so far.

Night_wolf
December 31, 2010, 07:29 AM
Watching the ticker on tv at the moment.

Good luck to both Sakib and Tamim.
By the Grace of Almighty, Let this pair be the most successful of all we have had so far.

yah!:flag:

amar11432
December 31, 2010, 07:36 AM
Hip Hip Hooray, Good luck.

simon
December 31, 2010, 07:36 AM
"Breaking News" dekhlei boy laagey,good that it's not any bad news.:)
this duo reminds me of Dhoni-Yuvi.
But I thght Mushy wld hv been better as vc.
anyway good luck.

simon
December 31, 2010, 07:46 AM
also on Cricinfo:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/494862.html

ssaadi123
December 31, 2010, 07:51 AM
Good move but i prefered razzak, he's the senior player of the team and doing well. Also Mushfiq's performance isn't good enough to be a captain. Because of his poor performance behind the stump bd lost many games. He dropped catches and missed stumpings then the batsman went on to score a big, those cost us the games.

MohammedC
December 31, 2010, 08:20 AM
Good luck to Tamim on becoming the vice captain

shakibrulz
December 31, 2010, 08:26 AM
Good. :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

mac
December 31, 2010, 08:35 AM
i'm very happy with this decision.

riajul
December 31, 2010, 08:57 AM
Good luck
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Tigers_eye
December 31, 2010, 09:13 AM
Shakib'er upor board atho khepa?? Still??? After all he has done???

Anyways wish them all the best!!

100% agree with Simon. Jaan ta dhok koirey uthey breaking news dekhlei. Abar kukchi'r betha'ta ferot ashlow naki... Maaf koro Allah.

simon
December 31, 2010, 09:32 AM
Shakib'er upor board atho khepa?? Still??? After all he has done???

Anyways wish them all the best!!

100% agree with Simon. Jaan ta dhok koirey uthey breaking news dekhlei. Abar kukchi'r betha'ta ferot ashlow naki... Maaf koro Allah.

lol:-D,shudhu ki kuchki,MAsh er paa,Tamim er haat,er kadh,tar pith,or haatu,Ash er kichui na howa(:-p sorry just kidding)etc.

Miraz
December 31, 2010, 09:35 AM
Good decision. Mushfiq would have been better, but Tamim is also a very positive person. He will take positive approach and will help balance some of Siddon's approach to the game.

auntu
December 31, 2010, 10:24 AM
Good luck to both the players. But Miraz bhai both are MSC players. Lota dhora.

Mohammedan Rulz. Lolz.:D
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Naimul_Hd
December 31, 2010, 10:31 AM
Loitta naki Abahoni theke VC banabe ?? kon paper er journalist ra Mahmudullah ke VC bananor bepare lekhalekhi o kore fello ! koi...beta ra koi ekhon ??

nsd3
December 31, 2010, 10:36 AM
Good decision. Tamim edged Mushfiq out in the V captaincy race.

Habib
December 31, 2010, 11:02 AM
I said it a long time ago & good to see my prediction coming true. Congratz Shakib n Tamim duo.

Roni_uk
December 31, 2010, 11:15 AM
Congrats to both.

BANFAN
December 31, 2010, 11:26 AM
What's so breaking? Was there any other option for captaincy?

I think, Tamim has got it because of last incident with business/economy class ticket. So board decided to give him some benefits by making him the VC. Otherwise, Mushy needs to focus on his keeping and batting much more. tamim deserves.

Tasin
December 31, 2010, 12:00 PM
Will Vice Captaincy rein down the occasional rash hitting spree of Tamim ?

cricket_dorshok
December 31, 2010, 12:33 PM
Good luck Shakib and Tamim.

Dhakablues
December 31, 2010, 12:56 PM
As much as I like Tamim but has he lead a team at NCL before? He is no doubt the 2nd strong performer in the team after the captain but why was there a change? And what did Mushfique, captain of Biman, did to lose his vice-captaincy? I am not complaining just curious why he lost the vice-captaincy..

bd fan
December 31, 2010, 01:03 PM
As much as I like Tamim but has he lead a team at NCL before? He is no doubt the 2nd strong performer in the team after the captain but why was there a change? And what did Mushfique, captain of Biman, did to lose his vice-captaincy? I am not complaining just curious why he lost the vice-captaincy..

Because Mushfiqur does not have a secure place in the team due to him not peforming well, same as mortaza (although he has an injury)

Mahir
December 31, 2010, 01:22 PM
Because Mushfiqur does not have a secure place in the team due to him not peforming well, same as mortaza (although he has an injury)

Mushy's place is as secure as ever, with no one more suited to take him over yet. Mithun Ali and Shahin Hossain just haven't shown the punch to break into the national team, while Anamul Bijoy has a long way to go.

Mushy's keeping has improved, and he's one of the best batsmen in the team. And with his recent run of good form, his place should be well locked in.

al Furqaan
December 31, 2010, 01:23 PM
i would have favored mushfiq...but i hope Tamim's fire shows in terms of when we take the PP and our batting approach therein

Haru-party
December 31, 2010, 01:27 PM
tamim has a big heart like shakib....good combo

wiseshah
December 31, 2010, 02:16 PM
good luck both tamim and shakib--two best cricketer in BD

tamim has never done captaincy in any level.if some thing happened to shakib, he will be the captain--in that case, i think mushfiq should have been ideal choice plus he is in superb form plus why give extra burden to tamim. its not like he is desperate to take captaincy.

KnightBD
December 31, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well... All our selectors have is "CHOMOK"!

I do not see why we have to have a new VC?
- Is there any possibility of Mushi not being in the WC team? NO
- Has Mushi showed inability as VC? NO
- Are they thinking of our next Captain? NO WAY! We just have a new Captain, and already thinking of next Captain??? How unreliable we think our new Captain is?

Well, I believe "If the wheel is not broken, DO NOT try to fix it"!
So Mushi should have been the auto choice for VC.

Anyway, Congrats and Good luck to both of them and the Team. TIGERS, GO KILL SOME BABOONS!

shafayeen
December 31, 2010, 03:36 PM
Bismillah...good luck to both of them !

shafayeen
December 31, 2010, 04:25 PM
"তবে গত ইংল্যান্ড সফরে এই উইকেটরক্ষক-ব্যাটসম্যানের কিছু আচরণে ঠিক সন্তুষ্ট ছিলেন না ম্যানেজার তানজীব আহসান সাদ। সফর শেষে ম্যানেজারের প্রতিবেদনে সেটি উল্লেখও করেছিলেন। ওই ব্যাপারটাই বিপক্ষে যেতে পারে মুশফিকুরের।"

source:http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-01-01/news/120000

Anybody know what mushy said or did?

Habib
December 31, 2010, 05:06 PM
^Drank beer again perhaps? j/k

Habib
December 31, 2010, 05:09 PM
Mushy's place is as secure as ever, with no one more suited to take him over yet. Mithun Ali and Shahin Hossain just haven't shown the punch to break into the national team, while Anamul Bijoy has a long way to go.

Mushy's keeping has improved, and he's one of the best batsmen in the team. And with his recent run of good form, his place should be well locked in.

Mahir vai, you forgot to mention Jahirul Islam Omi. He's the closest competitor of Mushy.

rouns
December 31, 2010, 08:05 PM
does an1 know wat kinda shirt bangladesh are gonna ware 4 the world cup?

Holden
December 31, 2010, 08:12 PM
What's so breaking? Was there any other option for captaincy?

I think, Tamim has got it because of last incident with business/economy class ticket. So board decided to give him some benefits by making him the VC. Otherwise, Mushy needs to focus on his keeping and batting much more. tamim deserves.

what incident was this?

"তবে গত ইংল্যান্ড সফরে এই উইকেটরক্ষক-ব্যাটসম্যানের কিছু আচরণে ঠিক সন্তুষ্ট ছিলেন না ম্যানেজার তানজীব আহসান সাদ। সফর শেষে ম্যানেজারের প্রতিবেদনে সেটি উল্লেখও করেছিলেন। ওই ব্যাপারটাই বিপক্ষে যেতে পারে মুশফিকুরের।"

I'm interested in this too, anyone got any inside information?

Night_wolf
December 31, 2010, 08:53 PM
does an1 know wat kinda shirt bangladesh are gonna ware 4 the world cup?

see this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=34865)

22Yards
December 31, 2010, 09:10 PM
Vice captain should be one who has the ability to captain the side next or when the captain is out due to injury or other reason. Mushfiq in my book was not ready (As much as i like him but his mis catches REALLY cost bd a lot of wins, he drops lollypops many er times. Comeon the captain SHOULD be consistent at the very least). Tamim is not as well. May be razzaq was an option but he is not in our regular test XI. I guess the reason Tamim VC'y is because we simply have no other choice.

I cant complain with this decision.

Antora
December 31, 2010, 09:54 PM
hmm Not bad at all :)

So no Mash ye? ( sorry haven't been up to date) :'(

PoorFan
December 31, 2010, 10:37 PM
Did Tamim ever captained any team in local games? If not, then I dont like it, dont like BCB's usual onesided reasoning.

Tigers_eye
December 31, 2010, 11:34 PM
good luck both tamim and shakib--two best cricketer in BD

tamim has never done captaincy in any level.if some thing happened to shakib, he will be the captain--in that case, i think mushfiq should have been ideal choice plus he is in superb form plus why give extra burden to tamim. its not like he is desperate to take captaincy.
Which team did Shakib captain before the BD gig?

Tamim saw his big brother captain a lot of teams. Leadership is something that must be a built in thing.

fishyguy
January 1, 2011, 12:36 AM
Makes sense the only 2 decent players in the side. Everyone else is inconsistent and unreliable.

roman
January 1, 2011, 07:24 AM
Good luck Tamim. I hope this does not effect his perforance.....

crikfreak
January 1, 2011, 11:13 AM
well... congratz to both of them... hope they do well....

m.islam
January 1, 2011, 11:53 AM
From an article in The Daily Star Sakib said "I firmly believe that the captain has to have a strong opinion on team selection. Definitely I will be part of the team selection this time." Looks like Ash is out of luck and we just might see Nafees in the final 11. Either ways, nice to see Sakib will be an unofficial selector. We won't have too many non-performers in the team now.

Link for the article: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=168259

MohammedC
January 1, 2011, 04:20 PM

He did nothing. And now the same newspaper begging for mercy. I honestly dont understand our news media.

[বাংলা]
দুঃখিত, মুশফিকুর রহিম

[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]গতকাল খেলার পাতায় ‘বিশ্বকাপে সাকিব-তামিম জুটি’ শীর্ষক প্রতিবেদনে মুশফিকুর রহিমের সহ-অধিনায়কত্ব হারানোর কারণ সম্পর্কে যা লেখা হয়েছে, আরও খোঁজখবর নিয়ে সেটি ঠিক নয় বলে জানা গেছে। প্রতিবেদনে লেখা হয়েছে, ‘গত ইংল্যান্ড সফরে এই উইকেটরক্ষক-ব্যাটসম্যানের কিছু আচরণে ঠিক সন্তুষ্ট ছিলেন না ম্যানেজার তানজীব আহসান সাদ। সফর শেষে ম্যানেজারের প্রতিবেদনে সেটি উল্লেখও করেছিলেন।’ তানজীব আহসান এটি ঠিক নয় বলে দাবি করার পর খোঁজখবর নিয়ে সেই দাবির সত্যতা মিলেছে। ম্যানেজারের প্রতিবেদনেও মুশফিকুরের আচরণ সম্পর্কে কোনো মন্তব্য করা হয়নি বলে নিশ্চিত হওয়া গেছে। বিসিবির একটি সূত্রের ওপর নিঃসংশয় নির্ভরতাই এই তথ্যবিচ্যুতির কারণ। তবে শেষ পর্যন্ত দায়টা আমাদেরই। এ জন্য আমরা আন্তরিকভাবে দুঃখিত এবং মুশফিকুর রহিমের কাছে ক্ষমাপ্রার্থী।
—ক্রীড়া সম্পাদক[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-01-02/news/120219

Murad
January 1, 2011, 04:24 PM
Mo bhai, I think the newspaper got it right first time. That manager probably got some ghuta/jhari from BCB and Mushfique for telling this to PA. So ekhon hoito reporter ke request korse changer korar jonno.

Jadukor
January 1, 2011, 11:58 PM
i dont like this move one bit.... last thing i want is Tamim and Shakib to have a clash between each other over captaincy...just like we had between Mash and Shakib....but now the seeds of future clashes have been planted. Tamim should have been left alone to concentrate on his batting.... why dump him with extra burden/responsibility? the nature of Tamim's batting is that he will chances and often fail to bad shots...it is also that style that allows us to have a flying start while Kaes can play his boycott innings. Do we want Tamim now to change his game?
Mushfiq was an ideal foil to Shakib...hate to see this broken up just before the WC...a second option could have been Razzak..He is an experienced and mature player and according do Shakib also enjoys a good relationship with the players...

Ajfar
January 2, 2011, 01:32 AM
mushy was the perfect candidate for VC. He is so active on the field already he is always talking to the fielders, directing things around. God forbid if something happens to Shakib during the world cup than you have a guy who never captained in his life captaining at the most biggest tournament.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Shaan
January 2, 2011, 02:53 AM
i dont like this move one bit.... last thing i want is Tamim and Shakib to have a clash between each other over captaincy...just like we had between Mash and Shakib....but now the seeds of future clashes have been planted. Tamim should have been left alone to concentrate on his batting.... why dump him with extra burden/responsibility? the nature of Tamim's batting is that he will chances and often fail to bad shots...it is also that style that allows us to have a flying start while Kaes can play his boycott innings. Do we want Tamim now to change his game?
Mushfiq was an ideal foil to Shakib...hate to see this broken up just before the WC...a second option could have been Razzak..He is an experienced and mature player and according do Shakib also enjoys a good relationship with the players...
agree with all the lines what u've said here, coudn't say better !!

Banglaguy
January 2, 2011, 10:57 AM
The one problem I have with Tamim Being the ''Vice-Captain'' is that what the hell does an opening Batsmen have to do with decisions?

Tiger-ess
January 2, 2011, 01:01 PM
WTF ????? I mean like WTF????? seriously??

:mad::hairpull::mad:

ah well, looks like we're on course for the road to ruin:up:

meazz1
January 2, 2011, 04:08 PM
They should have left Tamim alone to only concentrate on batting, nothing else at the moment. His input in the field as VC was not really needed right now, Mushy was doing great in that respect.
I think this is another disaster in the making!!!!
I hope I am wrong.

Tiger444
January 2, 2011, 04:23 PM
I don't think it really matters in the end but mushy has experience as a leader whereas tamim doesn't. So it would have made more sense to have mushy in as VC. Looks to me they looked at just performances rather then the whole picture. True mushy is not as consistent but he's so active on the field. I like him as a leader and if shakib does go down I would rather have mushy leading instead of tamim. We'll see how everything pans out.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

nycpro96
January 2, 2011, 07:25 PM
Mushfiq would've been a better choice but we're judging Tamim without knowing what his leadership skills are like. We've read all those interviews of how he is with the guys and he can bring a sense of aggressiveness to the scene too. Let's see how it goes.

firstlane
January 2, 2011, 09:40 PM
Mushfiq would've been a better choice but we're judging Tamim without knowing what his leadership skills are like. We've read all those interviews of how he is with the guys and he can bring a sense of aggressiveness to the scene too. Let's see how it goes.

I guess not many people are worried about Tamim's leadership skills, rather how extra duties of leadership influence his batting.

al-Sagar
January 2, 2011, 10:51 PM
congratz to both of them ... ....

lamisa
January 3, 2011, 07:37 AM
congratz to both of them but i am really worried about the tamim decision.he doesn't have any captaincy experience and God forbid,if anything happens to shakib on the field,tamim will take over and OMG!!!its the WC we are talking about stupid bcb!

Dhakablues
January 5, 2011, 06:01 PM
If there are 2 players who will not be sacked in 2011 in any forms of the gam, then that's Sakib and Tamim. The rest, even Mushfique can be given rest or changed with Jahirul or others. From that perspective, it makes sense. But from a standpoint of who is a game strategist, I never knew Tamim was one of them. There are several NCL captains in the national team, Shakib, Mushfique, Nafees, Ashraful, Mahmudullah Riad, etc. So, it really isnt an issue per se.

Nevertheless, with the plan for a long term Captain solution.. BCB was left with no choice but to pick a Vice Captain that will have the place in the team no matter what.. and that left only one choice available,, my 2 cents.

rinathq
January 5, 2011, 07:03 PM
It won't effect Tamim, he plays independent cricket no
Matter what, only thing I am worried about is the chances of a clash between him and Shakib before long. Both are hot tempered so I hope they dunt argue against each other. Also I agree with others, there were much better candidates for this spot like razzaq, Mushfiq, nafees, riyadh.

Banglaguy
January 6, 2011, 03:04 AM
I Remember before the Zimbabwe series everyone was complaining about Abdurr Razzak's Vice captaincy.... And look where his wicket tally ended up....

lamisa
January 6, 2011, 08:37 AM
^^^people were complaining coz he doesn't have any captaincy experience

BANFAN
January 6, 2011, 12:06 PM
A Vice captain has hardly any role to play, if the captain is present. But he gets all the previledges for being the vice captain. Like business class tickets, seperate rooms etc etc. So, Tamim as the best performer with bat should get it.

More over, if you are talking about preparing another person for future captain, it should be Tamim. None of the other guys are sure shot cases to last that long. So please leave him alone as the vice captain.