PDA

View Full Version : Probable XI of Bangladesh World Cup 2011

silversurf
January 3, 2011, 01:55 AM
Is there any thread about this topic ? If not so I would like to start this thread. What is the opinion of this site about the Probable XI of Bangladesh World Cup 2011 ? I have a humble suggestion :

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes.
3. Shariar Nafees / Ashraful / Junaid Siddique.
4. Rakibul Hasan.
5. Sakib Al Hasan.
6. Mushfiqur Rahim.
7. Mahmudullah Riad / Showrawardi Shuvo.
8. Nayeem Islam
9. Mashrafee Bin Mortuza / ???????
10. Shafiul Islam
11. Abdur Razzak.

I know there will be a lot of yes / no things with this matter. Like to hear from everybody.

shakibrulz
January 3, 2011, 02:00 AM
Mortaza is unlikely. Rubel for Mortaza, and rest looks the same.

taklima_naj
January 3, 2011, 11:26 AM
I just want ash to play at 6 or 7 and it my 15 dream team would be like this with batting order

Tamim
Imrul/ Nafees
Nayeem/Jahirul/Junayed
Mushfiq
Shakib
Ash
(Aftab)/Nayeem
shabbir
Mash/Rubel
Rajjak
Shafiiul
As aftab is not in the team i would like Jahirul play in 1 down, then Nayeem have to come down the order and we should teach him how to be good hitter in that case. Raqibul/riyadh is good for no 4 position but as Mushfiq is good as no 4 raqibul and riiyadh will be excluded from 15 team squad.

If management could take this team, they would play good cricket but at the moment we have good players with wrong combinations

rinathq
January 3, 2011, 01:48 PM
Tamim
Imrul
Junayed
Nafees
Sakib
Mushfiq
Naeem
Alok/ Ash/ shuvo
Razzaq
Shafiul
Rubel/ Mashrafee

Equinox
January 3, 2011, 02:24 PM
v India:
Tamim
Imrul
SN
Mushfiq+
Shakib
Jahirul
Naeem
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Razzak
Rubel

12th man: Shuvo

taklima_naj
January 3, 2011, 02:30 PM
v India:
Tamim
Imrul
SN
Mushfiq+
Shakib
Jahirul
Naeem
Mashrafe
Shafiul
Razzak
Rubel

12th man: Shuvo

This is better but again lack of hard hitter at lower order, nayeem and jahirul arnt hard hitter, but u suggested those who r consistent in getting runs

roman
January 3, 2011, 03:15 PM
I dont see Johirul making into the XV coz of his poor performance in DPL

Holden
January 3, 2011, 03:52 PM
Rather than of a (very predictable) probable XI, I am choosing a squad of regular performers + wildcard youngsters. This lethal cocktail of experience and youth would take no prisoners and would emerge as champions:-

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan (C)
Shabbir Rahman
Mithun Ali (WK)
Nasir Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shafiul Islam
Abdur Razzak

Squad Players: Rubel Hossian, Monimul Haque, Asif Ahmed, Mahmadul Hasan

The above squad of players has great balance and replacements can be made to adjust to different types of pitches and styles of opposition

BANFAN
January 3, 2011, 05:51 PM
Yes, the team is quiet predictable. But i'm sure there will always be some surprises in playing 11

nycpro96
January 3, 2011, 07:15 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaid/SN
Raqibul
Shakib
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah
Razzak
Nazmul/Shuvo
Shafiul
Rubel

Remember this is probable XI, not my XI.

Naimul_Hd
January 3, 2011, 08:02 PM
Yes, the team is quiet predictable. But i'm sure there will always be some surprises in playing 11

Yes. Unless someone gets injured, God forbids. :)

nycpro96
January 3, 2011, 08:34 PM
I really hope we can get Shabbir or some pinch hitter in at 6 or 7.

SS
January 3, 2011, 09:04 PM
We need to bring one or two consistent performers in the mold specially good middle order batsmen who will be consistent and can repair/build innings....not sure why the national regulars are not consistently scoring bigs to prove justification of their inclusion...

also really need to think who can compensate the lose of Mash...what is Rubel doing and why he is changing his action but not getting results ...atleast it is not in the news

silversurf
January 4, 2011, 01:35 AM
Thanks for responding. If we can afford to play Mushfiq at No. 4 and axed Raqibul, then we can easily go for Jahirul or Ash at No.5 or can make mahmudullah and shuvo both to play. Remeber guys more spinners we can afford its more better for our team. On the other hand both shuvo and mahmudullah can bat. As jahirul and ash is not in form, I think junaid has a place. But i strongly support for Nafees to play either at no.3 or at opening.

Ace of BD
January 5, 2011, 01:49 AM
Tamim Iqbal - We al know why
Shahriar Nafees - Due to poor form of Imrul Kayes in DPL, and good form of SN
Junaid Siddique - Doing good
Ashraful - thats the last thing I want, but roqibul is sucking in DPL as usual, and this fool is somehow scoring, whatevr, better option than roqibul for sure
Shakib - the name itself is enough
Mushfique Rahim - this guy is always the unsung hero, he will do wonders for us in this WC
Naeem Islam - he can really clear the ropes....really a great utility cricketer, but fans dont have patience
Shabbir Rahman - The fearless which we require...the player that can snatch victory from jaws of defeat
Razzak - Spinner that will choke everyone to death
Shafiul - Will develop real quick during wc....will give us the most imp breakthrus
Rubel - Mash last over v zim, full toss gone for six.......Rubel last over v nz, leg stump uprooted by yorker, plus be practical....Mash straight cant jump away and be bowling at the way we;d want him to

Home conditions......and spinners have been our strength.......so two pacers, and four spinners: iceman, lala, sabbir, naeem, and fool.......no probs on fool as a bowling option, coz we've got a captain who knows how to use him to get a wicket, and not habibul bashar that will leak runs from him

Ajfar
January 5, 2011, 02:00 AM
^ SN over Imrul Kayes in the starting 11? Ya I don't think so.

I would have SN in the final 15, but he only gets a chance after Imrul or Big Z fails to deliver. World Cup is a month long tournament SN will get his chance for sure.

silversurf
January 5, 2011, 02:53 AM
I am having a name "Shabbir Rahman" in someone's reply. When did he last played for Bangladesh National Team ? Can anyone tell me the avg. of all these players in ongoing DPL ? It seems that we have a big problem in No.3 & 4 position. I am for two solid batsman in those position. No all-rounder. no Wkt keeper, no hard heater only two solid batsman.

Brit-boy
January 6, 2011, 07:26 AM
My BANGLADESH XI 1st match against INDIA :

1. T Iqbal (Vice-Captain)
2. S Nafees
3. J Siddique
4. J Islam (Wicket-keeper)
5. S Al Hasan (Captain)
6. M Ashraful
7. A Kapali
8. M Mortaza
9. S Shuvo
10. S Islam
11. A Razzak

If Bangladesh bat 1st I would promote S Al Hasan to numbdr 4 with Jahirul going 1 down to number 5.