PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Copyright

Tiger Manc
January 4, 2011, 09:17 AM
I have bought a magazine in the UK titled Spin Cricket. The December edition has 2 articles related to Bangladesh cricket. One is by Ian Pont and the other by Aminul Islam. Although the latter is more about his involvement with the Chinese cricket team rather than the Bangladesh team. I was wondering if I'm allowed to post some paragraphs from that magazine on here for the benefit of the fans; is that allowed or is it going against copyright laws?

I'm assuming I can't post the full article? The article isn't available to view on the publishers website either.

Nasif
January 4, 2011, 12:29 PM
Copyritght always allows fair use. I believe you are fine in quoting few lines/paragraph. You cannot post full article as that is not available on tye web from the publisher.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Tiger Manc
January 5, 2011, 08:37 AM
Okay thanks. When I have time I will copy a few paragraphs from both articles on here.

BANFAN
January 5, 2011, 04:05 PM
I think you should be able to post the full article in original writers name & quoting the source magazine. because, BC isn't a commercial site and you aren't selling it. SO it should be fine with the copyright act.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2011, 08:08 PM
As long as you give credit to the author properly (publisher as well) there should not be any issues of copy rights. That is what we teach our students (APA or MLA style). Why would internet be something different?