PDA

View Full Version : World cup opening ceremony tickets

Spitfire_x86
January 5, 2011, 06:38 AM
Are they up for sale yet? Any info on price and availability?

BANFAN
January 5, 2011, 07:04 AM
Wasnt it out at the same time with wc tickets?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Spitfire_x86
January 5, 2011, 08:18 AM
I had no idea. Is the process of buying ticket opening ceremony exactly same?

FaridpurChicago
January 5, 2011, 11:29 AM
I bought my air ticket from Chicago to Dhaka. Is there any way to buy game ticket. I'm interested to watch BD games against Ind, Ireland and WI. Could anyone help me. I'm ready to pay extra price.

BANFAN
January 5, 2011, 11:38 AM
I bought my air ticket from Chicago to Dhaka. Is there any way to buy game ticket. I'm interested to watch BD games against Ind, Ireland and WI. Could anyone help me. I'm ready to pay extra price.

Then no probem, you will get it at the stadium gate on Match days, there will be a lot of Dalals (AL Cadres) around, selling tickets they bought by force. :0

dolcevita
January 5, 2011, 12:20 PM
Then no probem, you will get it at the stadium gate on Match days, there will be a lot of Dalals (AL Cadres) around, selling tickets they bought by force. :0

Its gonna cost you LOT in black market for INDIA vs BANGLADESH
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

FaridpurChicago
January 5, 2011, 12:58 PM
Its gonna cost you LOT in black market for INDIA vs BANGLADESH

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

I can't take the risk of buying ticket from the gate. I'm travelling half the world to watch the match and definitely would prefer to get something ahead of time. I'm ready to contact any dalal or cadre now and pay hime now instead of at the gate.

How about foreign quota. Shouldn't be there something like that for foreigners. I can become foreigner while buying ticket.

Kabir
January 5, 2011, 01:18 PM
Can't believe there's no way to purchase tickets online!

shuziburo
January 5, 2011, 01:41 PM
Can't believe there's no way to purchase tickets online!

There was, but they did not allocate too many tickets for online sales, it seems. Probably went to AL leaders/gundas.

Murad
January 5, 2011, 02:21 PM
Thursday, January 6, 2011Sports

BCB reduces opening ceremony tickets

Sports Reporter
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has decided to increase the ticket rates for the World Cup opening ceremony to be held at the Bangabandhu National Stadium on February 17.

The decision was taken during the local organising committee (LOC) meeting held at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

“We felt after the response of the selling of match tickets that we can earn more revenue from the ticket selling of the opening ceremony,” informed BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus after the meeting.

About seven thousands tickets will go on sale for public and the rates will be from Tk 2000 to Tk 20,000.

“Earlier the lowest rate for gallery tickets was Tk 500 but we have decided to increase it. The ticket selling date for the opening ceremony and the practice matches will be disclosed tomorrow,” added Yunus.

He also informed that, so far, seventy five percent tickets were sold out from the different branches of City Bank and Agrani Bank across the country.

“All the details regarding ticket selling will be disclosed on January 11. The unsold tickets will be sold from the venue,” he said.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=168906

Kabir
January 5, 2011, 02:22 PM
How do people buy tickets for the matches not happening in Bangladesh? Do they have to purchase those tickets from the home country?

Murad
January 5, 2011, 02:26 PM
How do people buy tickets for the matches not happening in Bangladesh? Do they have to purchase those tickets from the home country?

From online. ICC website. (http://www.icccwc2011.kyazoonga.com/tickets/index/)

FaridpurChicago
January 5, 2011, 02:45 PM
Looks like BCB itself is now selling ticket in the black market. Now I'm guessing what can be the price in the real black market.

shuziburo
January 5, 2011, 03:29 PM
Looks like BCB itself is now selling ticket in the black market. Now I'm guessing what can be the price in the real black market.

This is free market. Black market is coming later...

Murad
January 5, 2011, 03:31 PM

I think it is because of the big lines outside the ticket booth. Lowest ticket for the matches was only 200 taka. Ekhon 2000 er kotha shune 50% er beshi manush room thekei ber hobe na.

FaridpurChicago
January 5, 2011, 04:50 PM
I think it is because of the big lines outside the ticket booth. Lowest ticket for the matches was only 200 taka. Ekhon 2000 er kotha shune 50% er beshi manush room thekei ber hobe na.

kintu amar ki hobe. ami to ek lakh taka dia air ticket kine felsi. Tk 5000 hoileo ami raji.

FaridpurChicago
January 5, 2011, 04:52 PM
This is free market. Black market is coming later...

They raised the price and you are saying free (: konta free, konta magna, bujhi kom.

Murad
January 5, 2011, 05:01 PM
kintu amar ki hobe. ami to ek lakh taka dia air ticket kine felsi. Tk 5000 hoileo ami raji.

How-come you didn't buy it when it came out online? Many BC members bought it from online. Ekhon to mone hoi na apni match ticket paben. Black market e o je paben tar kono guarantee nai as there will be thousands like you...:) Ekhon opening ceremony e apnar ek matro borosha ;)

Good luck :)

roman
January 5, 2011, 05:10 PM

lol.... Ami o apnar moto obosthai portam kintu las minute e ami amar jaoa cancel korsi, ekhon dekhi valoi hoise. desh e gelam aar WC er khela dekhte parlam na stadium theke that would have been disappointing...

FaridpurChicago
January 5, 2011, 05:39 PM
Murad/Roman, thanks for your note. I didn't pay much attention in securing my game ticket and that was a mistake. I should have bought game ticket first. In Bangladesh none of my relatives have big screen tv that we are familiar in USA. Moreove electricity problem is there. See below what one of chicago friends wrote:
---
Stadium er baire darie battery operated Radio Hate nie khela dekhle aapnar shob problem solve hoye jabe. That way you are not worried about the electricity. Big screen TV problem is solved too as you are not in front a choto TV. You can get some spill over excitement from the people who are inside the stadium. I think this is the best solution given that you have already bought the ticket :)

Ajfar
January 5, 2011, 05:55 PM
Faridpur bhai it will be really difficult for you to get a hold of tickets now. Good luck. Apparently few people are selling tickets on clickbd.com. its like the ebay of bangladesh. but BCB claims that they are taking care of that situation.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Wednesday detected a new World Cup ticket touting as some of the fortunate ticket getters started re-selling their tickets through a website called clickbd.com.
After a gruelling wait in the queue, some people posted their e-voucher on clickbd.com, a Bangladesh-based website just like e-bay, which is designed to help the users sell and buy different things through the use of internet.
A fan registered as Sabbir36 in clickbd, posted two of his Bangladesh v India club house tickets on the website. He is asking for Tk 10,000 for each ticket, which had cost him only Tk 700. If a person wants to buy both the tickets it will cost him Tk 18,000 and the tickets will be handed over to the buyer on January 10 as he does not have the possession of the tickets yet.
Another fan called ABC-Zakir, also posted that he has two sets of gallery tickets for each of the Bangladesh matches for which he spent two nights and two days to get hold of them.
He though did not ask for a specific amount of money and instead put his tickets on auction promising to sell them to the highest bidder. As of now the last bid was Tk 6,100 for each ticket.
Ali Ahsan Babu, the host tournament director, said they have already detected the touts and are taking care of them.
‘It is totally illegal and we are fully aware of the situation. We have already spoken to the relevant people and are taking care of them,’ he said.
To ensure a safe environment the International Cricket Council took several security pre-cautions which included providing the national ID card or passport along with personal information when buying the World Cup ticket.
Meanwhile, the Local Organsing Committee said they will wait until January 11 before closing the countrywide ticket sales.
‘We will close down the booths after January 11. We will collect all data from banks and if we
still find any unsold
tickets they will be given
to some specific branches for sale,’ GS Hasan Tamim, an LOC official told reporters after a marathon meeting.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/4032.html