PDA

View Full Version : The Official Alok Kapali Thread

BanCricFan
January 6, 2011, 05:41 PM
Alok Kapali is, undoubtedly, one of the most gifted cricketers that have graced our cricket. For many a reason -both known and unknown- he hasn't done any justice to his immense talent so far. But, I firmly believe Alok will shine, Insha Allah. He is simply too good not to. No sight better than an on-song Alok Kapali. So much class and elegance.

Alok is very similar in many regards to enigmatic Mr. Mohammad Ashraful Matin. They are both monstrously talented and equally fragile in mental fortitude. In addressing and conquering this mammoth setback lies the ultimate test of character. With a little bit of good fortune and great dedication Alok will rise to great hight and so will Ashraful. Age is still on their side.

Ace of BD
January 6, 2011, 05:54 PM
I remember back in 2002 Champions Trophy how he dug out against the then invincibles Aus, but no one knew him back then.....in 2008 people then realized why we 'used' to talk about him......leaving the ind bowling attack virtually toothless in Karachi.....yes Bancricfan....sad, but these cricketersrom the previous lot havent been able to transform that potential....a completely different case with the current bunch we've got.......hopefully, they'll turn over a new leaf sooner rather than later

simon
January 6, 2011, 05:57 PM
sorry to say but Alok doesn't deserve an official thread.
official threads are opened for Successful(internationaly) & busy cricketers.

nycpro96
January 6, 2011, 06:03 PM

Right on. Alok Kapali hasn't done ANYTHING in my eyes that lets him have a thread like this. One ODI century against the Indian bowling attack in a complete batting pitch means nothing.

Equinox
January 6, 2011, 06:20 PM
Official threads should be for players who have interesting lives outside of cricket and are constantly in the news. So in my view only Shakib, Mashrafe, Tamim, Ashraful and maybe Razzak deserve their own threads.

But since it has been opened I'd like to give kudos to Alok for his excellent unbeaten knock of 60-odd off some 30 balls against MSC. If he can do that more often and regularly chip in with 30s at more than a run a ball he should definitely be considered ahead of Naeem and Riyad while Shabbir and Nasir keep developing.

BanCricFan
January 6, 2011, 06:33 PM
simon and nycpro96 :)

cricket_dorshok
January 6, 2011, 07:43 PM
Someone 'most selfish', someone 'most gifted'!
What an inappropriate use of adjective!

harrypotte
January 6, 2011, 09:07 PM

absolutely agreed brother..he dont deserve an official thread ,no way..i strongly believe that he has serious commitment issue..yes its true that he is a "gifted,promising,talented" blah blah blah, but nothing can take away the fact that he has no commitment,no seriousness when it comes playing for the country.I think after ashraful he has given most chance even though he had no form whatsoever.Look at Collingwood,he never tagged as talented.But its his seriousness,fighting spirit that had brought him so far.Give chance alok his team..see he will act like he just "deserve" this and waste it very firmly..rather i would like to see Sabbir...(as a twelfth man of course,every player should carry water at least for six months before playing fr the country.:lol:....

amar11432
January 6, 2011, 09:44 PM
Wth???

Jadukor
January 7, 2011, 01:09 AM
Very elegant player... too bad he left for ICL just after scoring that brilliantly paced century against India in the Asia Cup... Now the way back to the national side will be as hard as ever considering so many regular performers are waiting in line... Personally I would love to see him and also Nazimuddin given a chance at least in the T-20 side... in place of Rockibul and Kayes....

Shaan
January 7, 2011, 04:13 AM
Alok Kapali is, undoubtedly, one of the most gifted cricketers that have graced our cricket. For many a reason -both known and unknown- he hasn't done any justice to his immense talent so far. But, I firmly believe Alok will shine, Insha Allah. He is simply too good not to. No sight better than an on-song Alok Kapali. So much class and elegance.

Alok is very similar in many regards to enigmatic Mr. Mohammad Ashraful Matin. They are both monstrously talented and equally fragile in mental fortitude. In addressing and conquering this mammoth setback lies the ultimate test of character. With a little bit of good fortune and great dedication Alok will rise to great hight and so will Ashraful. Age is still on their side.
I agree with you what you have said about ALok.I believe too he is not finished yet!

Nice to see at last someone opened a thread for ALOK, now we have place where to bash him or praise him.. Good luck ALOK !!

Aahiyan
January 7, 2011, 05:48 AM
Hope he will be in final 15 wv squad!

lamisa
January 7, 2011, 06:03 AM
i really hope that he makes it to the playing X11 instead of riyad AND performs...

Brit-boy
January 7, 2011, 08:13 AM
Alok Kapali deserves another chance!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Brit-boy
January 7, 2011, 08:14 AM
Kapali is the right man! to make the difference down the order for Bangladesh!

Shaan
January 7, 2011, 08:22 AM
Alok Kapali deserves another chance!
well after icl exodus given Aftab, SN chances its now Alok's turn !!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Brit-boy
January 7, 2011, 08:25 AM
well after icl exodus given Aftab, SN chances its now Alok's turn !!

Exactly

Brit-boy
January 7, 2011, 08:35 AM
Kapali has to be in the upcoming worldcup, bdesh need a good finisher/hitter down the order who can play quickfire innings facing less-balls! Mahmudullah and "chokka" naeem are both pathetic at it down the order. if kapali does get included i belive he will come great! since 2k8 he has matured as a player, he is a much better confident player now; he has much more better self-belief now. u all seen/saw kapali has showd in icl; he's a changed player after icl experience and success. Bcb need to think abit more wise!

Shubho
January 7, 2011, 08:57 AM
Why even consider a player who can no longer dominate in domestic competitions? What have been his achievements over the past 12 months?

Both he and Ash are completely undeserving of spots in the national side.

Tokai
January 7, 2011, 09:06 AM
I think Hannan Sarkar deserve another chance. He dug in against Australia in 2004. It does not matter what he did in last 7 years. But I think he deserves to be in WC squad.

And BTW, where is his official thread?

Tokai
January 7, 2011, 09:10 AM
<table class="engineTable"><tbody><tr class="head"></tr></tbody><thead><tr class="head"><th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">
</th> <th title="playing span" class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span</th> <th title="matches played" nowrap="nowrap">Mat</th> <th title="runs scored" nowrap="nowrap">Runs</th> <th title="highest innings score" class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">HS</th> <th title="batting average" nowrap="nowrap">Bat Av</th> <th title="hundreds scored" nowrap="nowrap">100</th> <th title="wickets taken" nowrap="nowrap">Wkts</th> <th title="best bowling in an innings" nowrap="nowrap">BBI</th> <th title="bowling average" nowrap="nowrap">Bowl Av</th> <th title="five wickets in an inns" nowrap="nowrap">5</th> <th title="catches taken" nowrap="nowrap">Ct</th> <th title="stumpings made" nowrap="nowrap">St</th> <th>
</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left">unfiltered</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2002-2008</td> <td>65</td> <td>1170</td> <td class="padAst">115</td> <td>19.83</td> <td>1</td> <td>24</td> <td>3/49</td> <td>49.75</td> <td>0</td> <td>25</td> <td>0</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Tiger444
January 7, 2011, 10:32 AM
Alok's scores so far in the DPL has been 50(60), 1(6), 2(10), 0(1)*, 63(35) which averages out to a 29 with a SR of a 113.7. Don't know what he scored in the Jan 5th game so didn't include that. My problem with that is he's still proving to be inconsistent in his scores which has always been my knock against him. Ya he's a very talented batsman who looks so good when on song and has good qualities but he's got to be more consistent. An average of a 29 should not get him in to the national team for the WC.

HereWeGo
January 7, 2011, 10:38 AM
Alok's scores so far in the DPL has been 50(60), 1(6), 2(10), 0(1)*, 63(35) which averages out to a 29. Don't know what he scored in the Jan 5th game so didn't include that. My problem with that is he's still proving to be inconsistent in his scores which has always been my knock against him. Ya he's a very talented batsman who looks so good when on song and has good qualities but he's got to be more consistent. An average of a 29 should not get him in to the national team for the WC.

Stats can be deciving...he is batting lower down the order...either when team is in trouble or needs some quick runs....
He is a match winner, we dont have too many of them in our bd team...

Tiger444
January 7, 2011, 10:41 AM
Stats can be deciving...he is batting lower down the order...either when team is in trouble or needs some quick runs....

At the times he got out it was in the beginning of the innings when he got out at 1 and 2.

Tiger444
January 7, 2011, 10:49 AM
I just calculated the SR for Alok so far and in that department he's been very solid. He's got a few more games to play so let's what he can muster up.

Habib
January 7, 2011, 10:51 AM

When did Alok become a match winner? I'm not opposing Alok's inclusion to the team, but terming him as a match winner is not correct. Did he help BD win any match against a G8 team singlehandedly like Ash & you know who? And if you are talking about domestic then Riyad is also a match winner, just so you know.

harrypotte
January 7, 2011, 11:23 AM
I think Hannan Sarkar deserve another chance. He dug in against Australia in 2004. It does not matter what he did in last 7 years. But I think he deserves to be in WC squad.

And BTW, where is his official thread?:floor:
valo laglo..

rinathq
January 7, 2011, 11:31 AM
Alok isnt a top order batsman, he is a very inconsistent one if he is. The reason why he should be in the squad because of his Power hitting. We done need him to score 40-50 runs playing 70-80 balls. Naeem and Mahmdudullah does a great job there bringing the team down. We need someone that can play a solid 5 over PP and slog the rest. Ash is a prospect, However, confidence is something that is totally destoyed inside him. So alok would be the first choice.

and guys, this is a forum where we talk about Bangladesh cricket and about the players. There is nothing wrong with opening a thread for a player who is not in main XI. How many Bengali players have scored a century in T20??? I dunt remember any in any competitive competition. He is very effective against India too. No i am not saying from that one century but the ICL too. He played against the Indian players and i think he understood some of their playing styles.

roman
January 7, 2011, 02:08 PM
Alok Kapali...Once upon a time he was the most popular cricketer here in BC. And now we are all jumping up and down in dismay for having an official Alok thread. Life can be very harsh sometimes...

Rabz
January 7, 2011, 02:46 PM
If I have to pin my hopes and bet on a deadwood, I'd rather do that on Ash, given its almost certain for him to be in the 15 men squad.

Having two wannabe Jesus not gonna bring us any early Easter present.

Plus, don't think Captain Awesome would want to have another player of the forgettable era in his team. He would just not fit in the current team environment.

ahms
January 7, 2011, 02:57 PM
World Cup is not just about I was part of the team. Whenever BD does good, it is all to be proud of, not just the team. We should put best players forth for the world cup.

billah
January 7, 2011, 03:22 PM
For as long as Alok had hope for playing in the IPL, he showed no interest to make a comeback. Alok's agent failed to get a team to pick him. When there was hope, Alok was unable to make himself available for the national team, even after the ICL pardon. Once the IPL hopes are dashed, he's been trying to nudge his way in.

Unfortunately, his form left him.

hoodlum
January 7, 2011, 05:32 PM
he is definitely better than our hugely over-hyped talented powerful big hitters like riyad and naeem.

billah
January 7, 2011, 06:54 PM
he is definitely better than our hugely over-hyped talented powerful big hitters like riyad and naeem.

Yet, Bangladesh National Team is second on his priority list, ICL/IPL being number 1. We should build a team with players that really want to be a part of it. It should be their first and foremost career goal. To Alok, we are #2.

shafayeen
January 7, 2011, 08:24 PM
Alok hasnt yet shown the determination and desire to get back into the team. Look at Shahriar Nafees, the guy falls but keeps coming back again and again. Alok in our team will be a huge asset, but for me what comes before talent, is the desire to win, the desire to fight, the desire to represent your country. Does Alok have that? I am not so sure.

Dhakablues
January 7, 2011, 09:13 PM
Whilst we are arguing whether he is good enough, the former asst. coach thinks otherwise about this player. Check Kaler Kantha today:

http://dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Book&pub_no=394&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=5

harrypotte
January 7, 2011, 09:41 PM
Yet, Bangladesh National Team is second on his priority list, ICL/IPL being number 1. We should build a team with players that really want to be a part of it. It should be their first and foremost career goal. To Alok, we are #2.

i also believe so.He is not that serious about playing in national team.

revolver
January 8, 2011, 03:18 AM
I like alok alot but just because he scored a century like 3 years back people are hyping about it too much

Shaan
January 8, 2011, 04:18 AM
i also believe so.He is not that serious about playing in national team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
This time he is serious !!

BanCricFan
January 8, 2011, 04:48 AM

Billah,

Is this just speculation on your part? Perhaps, you have some telling evidence to substantiate your claim? In that case, would you mind sharing this?

billah
January 8, 2011, 05:30 AM
Billah,

Is this just speculation on your part? Perhaps, you have some telling evidence to substantiate your claim? In that case, would you mind sharing this?

Speculating nothing here.

Perhaps we can follow our favorite cricketers a little more closely.

Alok and one other traitor bad mouthed Bangladesh cricket and BCB the most harshly at the time they deserted our team for ICL.

After the ICL fell apart, as you might remember, cricketers like Aftab and SN were openly remorseful. Alok's agent tried to place him in an ICL team. Alok was pretty confident of getting an outright offer away from the bidding . He also had several opportunities to get back to the side by playing BD-A and warm-up matches. He did not, declined due to one excuse or another.

Speculating here:

Alok did not get an IPL deal - a safe speculation, would you say?
Now he is trying to get back in the side - his second preference - safe speculation?

Jadukor
January 8, 2011, 05:54 AM
@billah: where did u read about Alok's agent negotiating a deal with IPL that broke off... and why do you conclude that it has to be one or the other between National Side and IPL?

It does not make any sense simply because even if the motivation is money still playing for the national side and doing well is the best way to break into lucrative tournaments like IPL

BanCricFan
January 8, 2011, 06:01 AM
Speculating nothing here.

Perhaps we can follow our favorite cricketers a little more closely.

Alok and one other traitor bad mouthed Bangladesh cricket and BCB the most harshly at the time they deserted our team for ICL.

After the ICL fell apart, as you might remember, cricketers like Aftab and SN were openly remorseful. Alok's agent tried to place him in an ICL team. Alok was pretty confident of getting an outright offer away from the bidding . He also had several opportunities to get back to the side by playing BD-A and warm-up matches. He did not, declined due to one excuse or another.

Speculating here:

Alok did not get an IPL deal - a safe speculation, would you say?
Now he is trying to get back in the side - his second preference - safe speculation?

Trust me you're not the only one here in denouncing most-things-indians. But, at the same time, we must not forsake our sense of perspectives and balance all together.

What did exactly Alok bad mouth so damningly about BD cricket? Could you please break it down? You're right I havn't followed everything THAT closely. So, I would appreciate that.

Mashrafi, Ash, Razzak and now, maybe, Shakib and Tamim will play in IPL. Does it all mean that, naturally, they have BD second? Isn't it expected that professional cricketers (or anyone else) will try to do well for themselves?

Shaan
January 8, 2011, 06:27 AM
Trust me you're not the only one here in denouncing most-things-indians. But, at the same time, we must not forsake our sense of perspectives and balance all together.

What did exactly Alok bad mouth so damningly about BD cricket? Could you please break it down? You're right I havn't followed everything THAT closely. So, I would appreciate that.

Mashrafi, Ash, Razzak and now, maybe, Shakib and Tamim will play in IPL. Does it all mean that, naturally, they have BD second? Isn't it expected that professional cricketers (or anyone else) will try to do well for themselves?
kothay achena "jare lagena valo tar cholon baka"..

Dhakablues
January 8, 2011, 06:33 AM
As far as I recall, when Alok mentioned the ICL offers to Rafiqul Alam, he then said that to do what is good for him because Alok does not have much chance in the national team.. No other nation punished their players more than BCB has done and with the result we lost prospective players earlier than we did.

And some of you guys, get over ICL.. BCB has forgotten about it, BCCI forgot about, heck even Kapil Dev has moved past it and some of you are still holding on to it like your bed time winnie the pooh.. Well, the entire world moved past ICL except some of you who is foaming their mouth about teaching players patriotism.. Get over it fellas,, its 2011 already!!

billah
January 8, 2011, 07:06 AM

Facts stand as they are.

Alok and Dhiman Ghosh were the most outspoken against BCB, Dhiman was just about rabid with his criticism.

You are mixing up ICL with IPL here. The ICL "rebels" abandoned our team en-mass, if you can remember, the biggest blow taken by our cricket.

Although, I have to admit, I am completely against our star players, warming up the benches at the most corrupt tournament of the planet.

billah
January 8, 2011, 07:09 AM
And some of you guys, get over ICL.. BCB has forgotten about it, BCCI forgot about, heck even Kapil Dev has moved past it and some of you are still holding on to it like your bed time winnie the pooh.. Well, the entire world moved past ICL except some of you who is foaming their mouth about teaching players patriotism.. Get over it fellas,, its 2011 already!!

It's not just "patriotism" per say, would you not want the most dedicated of our cricketers in the national team?

billah
January 8, 2011, 07:11 AM
kothay achena "jare lagena valo tar cholon baka"..

posted via bc mobile edition [বাংলা]বুড়ো আন্গুল দিয়ে এর চেয়ে বেশী টাইপ করা সহজ নয়...[/বাংলা]

BanCricFan
January 8, 2011, 10:37 AM
Alok and Dhiman Ghosh were the most outspoken against BCB, Dhiman was just about rabid with his criticism.

Sorry brother Billah I couldn't disagree with you more vehemently on this. And, frankly, am somewhat shocked and disappointed that a seasoned and esteemed member like your good self will tarnish the integrity of an individual. The mere crime of being "the most outspoken against BCB" most definitly doesn't warrant such scathing attack or even defamation.

What Dhiman said was very stupid and irresponsible, indeed. But, he was very young and most of our players are not the sharpest tools in the box anyway. Perhaps, we could extend the benifit of doubt to them.

I, too, don't think much of these IPL/ICL events. But thats where the money is. That is the reality. Money-is-not-all maxim has long disappeared from most cultures. That is another sad reality. "Money doesn't talk; money swears", said Bob Dylan. But most couldn't care less.

Habib
January 8, 2011, 11:23 AM
[বাংলা]বুড়ো আন্গুল দিয়ে এর চেয়ে বেশী টাইপ করা সহজ নয়...[/বাংলা]

That was quite a clever reply :P

cricket_dorshok
January 8, 2011, 12:11 PM
Guys, have a look at this thread http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=24931

Jadukor
January 8, 2011, 01:25 PM
Guys, have a look at this thread http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=24931

wow great to know all this... seems like the Kapali hatred existed since waaayy back...

billah
January 8, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sorry brother Billah I couldn't disagree with you more vehemently on this. And, frankly, am somewhat shocked and disappointed that a seasoned and esteemed member like your good self will tarnish the integrity of an individual. The mere crime of being "the most outspoken against BCB" most definitly doesn't warrant such scathing attack or even defamation.

Alok's ungrateful behavior really hurt many cricket fans, I still don't want SN anywhere near our national team. In the least, SN and Aftab have demonstrated that they were sorry, they made mistakes and were eager to get back in the national side. Alok was simply holding onto alternative hopes.

Shooting the messenger won't help. Then again, look at our stance at TIB these days, our Police department wants to sue them ! Such is the present culture unfortunately.

Zeeshan
January 8, 2011, 08:26 PM
That was quite a clever reply :P

May be you should make him your favorite member! :mad:

billah
January 8, 2011, 09:21 PM

You are definitely, fer-surely one of my favorite members ZeeshanM. You make many of these otherwise dull situations interesting.

Thank you.

Rubu
January 8, 2011, 09:45 PM
Here is my 2 cents: if Alok plays in this WC, I'll lose all my faith in the future of Bangladesh cricket and will not watch that world cup game.

Habib
January 8, 2011, 10:12 PM

Why are you so mad Zee vai :) I have a few favorite members in BC but you are the numero uno for a reason.

Habib
January 8, 2011, 10:15 PM
Here is my 2 cents: if Alok plays in this WC, I'll lose all my faith in the future of Bangladesh cricket and will not watch that world cup game.

Ahem Rubu vai at it again :P That would be a bit too overreaction don't you think?

Zeeshan
January 8, 2011, 10:21 PM
Why are you so mad Zee vai

Why I am so mad? Gee let's see! I've been using cmd.exe more and more lately, and it's driving me nuts. I was spoiled for years with Apple's Terminal.app without even knowing it. It just seemed like the way a command line environment should work on a modern operating system. It's not the things like "dir" instead of "ls" that drive me crazy. It's not even the difference in how wildcards are handled. It's the UI of the environment hosting the shell!!!! [On Windows, are there different terms for the UI part (like Terminal.app) vs. the shell part (like tcsh, bash, etc)?!!?] Windows uses the Control key for shortcuts while the Mac has the Command key for shortcuts! So, the Mac can continue to use Command-C for copy without interfering with Control-C in the shell!!! But, this isn't so easy on Windows since Control-C is used for copy, but also needs to be used in the shell!!

So let me ask YOU Habib: how come YOU are the one wearing that smiley face and not as mad as me?

Rubu
January 9, 2011, 12:40 AM
Ahem Rubu vai at it again :P That would be a bit too overreaction don't you think?

No. Not only he is useless he is also demotivational to the team. The worst player u can pick is him.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Zeeshan
January 9, 2011, 01:33 AM
You are definitely, fer-surely one of my favorite members ZeeshanM. You make many of these otherwise dull situations interesting.

Thank you.

chi chi chi billah bhai eto formal keno. amake zeeshu bole daklei cholbe. after all ami apnar choto bhayer moton....

-minus the good looks.

billah
January 9, 2011, 03:34 AM
chi chi chi billah bhai eto formal keno. amake zeeshu bole daklei cholbe. after all ami apnar choto bhayer moton....

-minus the good looks.

Ahem, one small, tiny little unsolicited advice, and this comes after observing several thousands of your posts: As with may other engineer types - humor just might not be your thing....:shh:

Shaan
January 9, 2011, 03:51 AM
[বাংলা]বুড়ো আন্গুল দিয়ে এর চেয়ে বেশী টাইপ করা সহজ নয়...[/বাংলা]
Ki ar kora, Gobore-o valo saar hoy bhaijaan,
Anyway, the way you are telling all the stories like Alok and his agent pursuing IPL contract, then ALok foul mouthing against BD all these without any authentic source doesn't make your statements any valid unless you prove it. You don't like Alok thats fine with me, everyone has right to like or dislike someone but talking own made statement to bring down someone doesn't justify any credit or fairness, sounds more like golabaji to me. I will be delighted to have some real sources provided by you which you brought allegation against ALok.

As I say everyone has right to like or dislike someone Billah bai, I know you for long time in this forum and I like your posts but this post was bit arbitrary to me, no offense !!

tiger_omar
January 9, 2011, 05:29 AM

I think you'll watch the game whether Alok or Javed Omar Belim is on the team :P (even though he can't be).

lamisa
January 9, 2011, 09:53 AM
^^^thik bolechen bhai!

billah
January 9, 2011, 10:23 AM
Ki ar kora, Gobore-o valo saar hoy bhaijaan,
Anyway, the way you are telling all the stories like Alok and his agent pursuing IPL contract, then ALok foul mouthing against BD all these without any authentic source doesn't make your statements any valid unless you prove it.

You are assuming here that I don't like Alok. Assumptions will always make an a$$ out of you. You also assumed that for some God for saken reason, I have to "prove" something to you. Wrong again. I'm sorry to inform you, I can't help you if you are so poorly informed about our cricketers. I try to stay in-touch and on top of information about these boys. I wish I had the time or temperament to help fill this huge information void of yours, but I'm already wasting my time responding to this. Try reading. In about 6 months you will catch up also. Until then, please don't try to educate me. Thanks.

You don't like Alok thats fine with me, everyone has right to like or dislike someone but talking own made statement to bring down someone doesn't justify any credit or fairness, sounds more like golabaji to me. I will be delighted to have some real sources provided by you which you brought allegation against ALok.

Alok is a traitor
He is not focused on playing for our national team
He has his focus elsewhere

The above is information, unfortunately for Alok. As for your knowledge gap, please read the first part of my post. Actually, this post of yours qualifies as golabaji. Once you start thinking objectively, try answering this question to yourself: What is Billah's benefit with this "smear campaign" against my Alok?

As I say everyone has right to like or dislike someone Billah bai, I know you for long time in this forum and I like your posts but this post was bit arbitrary to me, no offense !!

Once again, your a$$umption that I don't like Alok(as a cricketer) is simply baseless. I have been following the careers of these boys from day one. Fact is, Alok gave it all away at the worst possible time. I still wish him all the best.

My posts are not based on my opinion, they are based on facts only. Your posts are based on your opinion, thus they are biased, and are unnecessarily attacking me. I am not the subject of this thread here, Alok is. You might want to try to understand it.

Zeeshan
January 9, 2011, 04:58 PM
Ahem, one small, tiny little unsolicited advice, and this comes after observing several thousands of your posts: As with may other engineer types - humor just might not be your thing....:shh:

Aww schucks. Where would I be without great billah's astute observations?

Equinox
January 9, 2011, 07:45 PM
From what I recall it wasn't Alok but Shahriar Nafees and Dhiman Ghosh who were the least remorseful of their decisions. Didn't SN claim on the some show that ICL was the best thing to happen to him? Not that I support any of the ICL recruits but I remember Alok's reasons were the most valid. Both SN and Aftab where regulars in the side, SN even lied to BCB about having an exam to skip the Australia tour whereas actually he was negotiating with the ICL. Alok on the other hand was snubbed when it came to handing out contracts and I also remember reading somewhere that after the death of Alok's father some BCB official told him 'ma babar chinta niye cricket khela jabe na.' after he asked for some time off.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Naimul_Hd
January 9, 2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2011/2011_01_10/content_zoom/2011_01_10_23_12_b.jpg

Source :PA

Ajfar
January 9, 2011, 10:53 PM
What does he exactly mean when he says, "ashole jatio dole khelte thakle kaj ta shohoj hoye jai keu ar proshno tole na, o ar khelte parbe ki na?" No one told you to leave Alok, or no one kicked you out. From what I remember he just made his return into the nation team, and he hit that hundred against India in the Asia Cup. I'm pretty sure he was also part of the squad that went to Australia. Had he stayed I'm sure he would have gotten plenty more chances. Since he came back what has he done to earn a call up? At least Aftab and SN can say that we were one of the leading run scorer in the last year's DPL, what's his reason?

Tiger444
January 9, 2011, 11:57 PM
Personally I was very mad when the players had left for the ICL and at their comments. I quickly became critics of them. Now though I'm not mad anymore. I feel that this was the past and as young players they were just excited at the prospect of making big money. If they can help out our cricket then they should be considered even though they caused trouble. I'm sure all these players realize the big mistake in leaving. The thing is though they have to perform in domestics first before they get a look in the national team.

Out of all the ICL players SN and Nazim have been the most consistent out of the ICL lot. Alok has probably been the most inconsistent. Even Aftab was consistent in the DPL last year but Alok has failed to even do that. My question is why should he get a chance if he can't top the charts in our domestic leagues? Knowing Alok's talent he should be performing very well in domestics. On top of that, he bailed out of the A team twice. Once for family reasons which I understand but he didn't really have a reason the other time. Alok in my opinion should go through the A team 1st before he gets considered in the national team.

Jadukor
January 10, 2011, 01:11 AM
the question at this point in time isn't who should get a chance or who shouldn't... The question is who can give you those quickfire 30s, 40s in the powerplay that we are missing at the moment... Who is that guy that can chip in with 5 fairly economical overs and those quick fire runs?

i believe Alok can do the job...he scored a century against Zaheer, Harbhajan and co so I believe he can be that powerhitter at 7....

obviously a gazillion BC members believe otherwise...

Rabz
January 10, 2011, 01:24 AM
The fact that this thread about Alok got 70+ replies probably stands out as his biggest success in last 5 years.

Shaan
January 10, 2011, 06:06 AM
You are assuming here that I don't like Alok. Assumptions will always make an a$$ out of you. You also assumed that for some God for saken reason, I have to "prove" something to you. Wrong again. I'm sorry to inform you, I can't help you if you are so poorly informed about our cricketers. I try to stay in-touch and on top of information about these boys. I wish I had the time or temperament to help fill this huge information void of yours, but I'm already wasting my time responding to this. Try reading. In about 6 months you will catch up also. Until then, please don't try to educate me. Thanks.

Alok is a traitor
He is not focused on playing for our national team
He has his focus elsewhere

The above is information, unfortunately for Alok. As for your knowledge gap, please read the first part of my post. Actually, this post of yours qualifies as golabaji. Once you start thinking objectively, try answering this question to yourself: What is Billah's benefit with this "smear campaign" against my Alok?

Once again, your a$$umption that I don't like Alok(as a cricketer) is simply baseless. I have been following the careers of these boys from day one. Fact is, Alok gave it all away at the worst possible time. I still wish him all the best.

My posts are not based on my opinion, they are based on facts only. Your posts are based on your opinion, thus they are biased, and are unnecessarily attacking me. I am not the subject of this thread here, Alok is. You might want to try to understand it.
once again after your all talk you didn't provide any sources based on your comments about ALOK to shut up an uneducated guy like me, please help me out to mature up and fill up the void !!

Shaan
January 10, 2011, 06:20 AM
From what I recall it wasn't Alok but Shahriar Nafees and Dhiman Ghosh who were the least remorseful of their decisions. Didn't SN claim on the some show that ICL was the best thing to happen to him? Not that I support any of the ICL recruits but I remember Alok's reasons were the most valid. Both SN and Aftab where regulars in the side, SN even lied to BCB about having an exam to skip the Australia tour whereas actually he was negotiating with the ICL. Alok on the other hand was snubbed when it came to handing out contracts and I also remember reading somewhere that after the death of Alok's father some BCB official told him 'ma babar chinta niye cricket khela jabe na.' after he asked for some time off.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
I hope Billah bai reading this too ..!! I mean these are the stories of speculations we really don't know whats happening inside unless you are one of the BCB member!!

Shaan
January 10, 2011, 06:23 AM
the question at this point in time isn't who should get a chance or who shouldn't... The question is who can give you those quickfire 30s, 40s in the powerplay that we are missing at the moment... Who is that guy that can chip in with 5 fairly economical overs and those quick fire runs?

i believe Alok can do the job...he scored a century against Zaheer, Harbhajan and co so I believe he can be that powerhitter at 7....

agree with you most !!

BanCricFan
January 10, 2011, 09:54 AM

Nice to see that you're back, Rubu! Alok has that kind of an effect on you.:D

Hope you're well though.

BanCricFan
January 10, 2011, 10:16 AM

Good post. I believe Alok can do that, too, and more. But his recent DPL form hasn't been anything extra-ordinary, so far. I cannot fathom why he is playing in the late middle order for Gazi. And how Naeem should bat before Alok?!!

Anyhow, I think all the World Cup hopefuls will play four more matches in the DPL. Alok must score at least two big scores, say, 60 plus (given his batting position) with good Strike Rate. Otherwise, I won't be disappointed if he gets the chop from the 23 as Riyad is getting into some sort of form, albeit, with very poor SR.

But, I would not like to see Naeem anywhere near the WC squad. I would rather prefer Sabbir.

Baundule
January 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
An in form Alok, playing at #4, instead of sissies is a great bonus for us.
I have not seen him for long. If he can show even 80% of his ICL and pre-ICL form, he should be in.

reyme
January 10, 2011, 12:05 PM
Even Shabbir is playing and averaging better than Alok in the ongoing Premere league.......To get a place he needs to fight out with Nayeem, Riyad...both of whom are performing way better than him at the moment...Alok does not have any proven glorious records in last 2 years in the international level....

Just beacuse he had a few good innings in old old days...does not mean that he deserves a place in current XV.

Dhakablues
January 10, 2011, 12:14 PM
And this is exactly what happens whenever ther is a discussion on Alok Kapali or Ashraful. These two players will always draw fights, arguments, passion and all sorts of things that are secondary in nature than what the thread was all about to begin with...

Alok Kapali has less than 5% chance being in the 15 and less than 1% chance playing in the final team unless Riad/Naem fails. Neither our selectors nor our captain really has the apetitite or boldness of selecting a player like Alok Kapali at this moment. Its easier to select Ashraful than ALok.

I personally wish he scores more runs and becomes a consistent performer, dominates the tables and allows his NCL team win games and gets selected when there are more clamours about him like what happened to Nannu for the 1999 world cup, Bashar for the test cricket and Rafique during the 2007 world cups. I don't want Alok to come to the picture only for 2 matches like Sajidul, Dolar, Dickens etc. It just doesnt help our cricket much..

BANFAN
January 11, 2011, 11:23 AM
Nayeem and Riyad may be doing better in NCl/DPL. Question is in which positions and with what SR. An inform AK & Ash could be ideal to utilize the Batting PP & slog overs. We needed Nayeem/Riad, when our Top orer was sure failure. But things have changed. We don't need so stable players in 40-50th over, we need players who can really go after bowling at that stage.

dash
January 11, 2011, 11:39 AM
And this is exactly what happens whenever ther is a discussion on Alok Kapali or Ashraful. These two players will always draw fights, arguments, passion and all sorts of things that are secondary in nature than what the thread was all about to begin with...

Alok Kapali has less than 5% chance being in the 15 and less than 1% chance playing in the final team unless Riad/Naem fails. Neither our selectors nor our captain really has the apetitite or boldness of selecting a player like Alok Kapali at this moment. Its easier to select Ashraful than ALok.

I personally wish he scores more runs and becomes a consistent performer, dominates the tables and allows his NCL team win games and gets selected when there are more clamours about him like what happened to Nannu for the 1999 world cup, Bashar for the test cricket and Rafique during the 2007 world cups. I don't want Alok to come to the picture only for 2 matches like Sajidul, Dolar, Dickens etc. It just doesnt help our cricket much..

agreed... his only chance lies if mullah and nayeem both are injured

billah
January 11, 2011, 03:25 PM
Nayeem and Riyad may be doing better in NCl/DPL. Question is in which positions and with what SR. An inform AK & Ash could be ideal to utilize the Batting PP & slog overs. We needed Nayeem/Riad, when our Top orer was sure failure. But things have changed. We don't need so stable players in 40-50th over, we need players who can really go after bowling at that stage.

Ahem, Nayeem's nickname is "Chokka Nayeem".

As for Riyad, well, he's got what it takes to go after the bowling in the late overs. He hits cleanly with plenty of power. Unfortunately, he's got this syndrome since his maiden Test century in Hamilton - he waits for the bad ball. And he's using this habit in the ODI format.

At times it seems he is using psychic power to have the bowler deliver half volleys to him. He also shows disappointment when he is not getting enough loose deliveries. In this IPL era of cricket, you've got to convert as many deliveries to runs as possible. He has got the reach and strength, he needs to bring more pro-active footwork in his ODI style to convert.

I think this an area where he might be behind Alok. Alok is using slog sweeps to good effect for converting otherwise attacking deliveries into runs. The biggest negative for Alok is his lack of international matches for a long time. If they pick him, he will need to play the warm up matches.

I don't think Alok will be picked, but stranger things have happened.

Aahiyan
January 11, 2011, 03:52 PM
JS wants Alok on the world cup squad. So, possibility is there.

Jadukor
January 11, 2011, 09:54 PM
I just did a list of players likely to be in the final 15... I dont see how he can fit in the final fifteen without knocking one of the regulars in the squad out which is very unlikely to happen.... :-(

1. Shakib
2. Tamim
3. Mushfiq
4. Shafiul
5. Rubel
6. Nazmul
7. Razzaq
8. Mahmudullah
9. Naeem
10. Rockibul
11. Junaid
12. Shuvo
13. Shariar Nafees
14. Ashraful
15. Imrul Kayes
16. Alok Kapali

roman
January 11, 2011, 09:57 PM
^ you forgot Mash bother. He'll be fit before WC

mishu
January 12, 2011, 12:32 AM

Alok is ok, Ash should stay out of cricket. The only thing he'll be doing lower down the order is, end the game sooner than it suppose to be for the opponent.

taklima_naj
January 12, 2011, 12:49 AM

your signature is saying why this is not hapening

lamisa
January 12, 2011, 08:48 AM
alok has been maintaining a decent SR in dpl,i hope he can really show his true colours if he plays the WC

crikss
January 12, 2011, 09:29 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5RYMaat7MpI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5RYMaat7MpI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

shakibrulz
January 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
Posting that one ton over and over won't make him any better than he is :-p

The only utility that I can see is lower order hitting and I'm predicting him to fail massively at it a la Naeem.

Jadukor
January 12, 2011, 10:03 AM
Posting that one ton over and over won't make him any better than he is :-p

The only utility that I can see is lower order hitting and I'm predicting him to fail massively at it a la Naeem.

well this is the official thread for Alok Kapali... so posting that video here is completely justified... Bashing Alok over and over in all threads won't also make him any worse!;)

Shaan
January 12, 2011, 10:40 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5RYMaat7MpI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5RYMaat7MpI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
we need him only in one match and that would be against India :)

Anher
January 12, 2011, 11:06 AM
I am loving those sounds alok's bat making when impacting the ball....:-)

Rifat
January 12, 2011, 11:11 AM
Alok Kapali: (DPL 2010-11 Detailed analysis)
Batting:

Match #1:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...16/316456.html
Alok Kapali c Arsalan Arshad b Md Sami {50 runs, 60 balls faced, 63 minutes, 4 fours, 83.33 strike rate}

Match #2:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...16/316461.html
Alok Kapali b Arafat Sunny {1 run, 6 balls, 5 minutes, 16.67 strike rate }

Match #3:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...18/318180.html
Alok Kapali c Anamul Haque b Abul Hassan Raju {2 runs, 10 balls, 19 minutes, 20.00 strike rate}

Match #4:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...18/318185.html
Alok Kapali not out {0 runs, 1 ball}

Match #5:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...19/319412.html
Alok Kapali not out {63 runs, 35 balls, 48 minutes, 6 fours, 4 sixes, 180.00 strike rate}

Match #6:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...19/319472.html
Alok Kapali Did Not Bat(DNB)

Match #7:
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv...19/319477.html
Alok Kapali b Sohrawardi Shuvo {1 run, 15 balls, 24 minutes, 6.67 strike rate}

Total Runs scored: 117
Total Balls Faced: 127
Aggregate Average: 29.25
Aggregate Strike Rate: 92.13%

Bowling:

Match #1:
Did not Bowl!

Match #2:
Did not Bowl!

Match #3:
Did not Bowl!

Match #4:
Did not Bowl!

Match #5:
{2 overs, 0 maiden, 10 runs, 2 wickets, 6.00 Strike Rate, 5.00 Econnomy Rate}

Match #6:
{2 overs, 0 maiden, 10 runs, 0 wickets, 5.00 Economy Rate}

Match #7:
{4 overs, 0 maiden, 16 runs, 3 wickets, 8.00 Strike Rate, 4.00 Economy Rate }

Total Deliveries bowled: 48
Total Wickets Taken: 5
Runs Conceded: 36
Agrregate Strike Rate: 9.6
Aggregate Economy Rate: 4.5

Jadukor
January 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
N

BKSP-GAZI TANK
The home side struggled in the 46-overs-a-side affair, being bowled out for 121 in 40.4 overs.

Only the impressive Asif Ahmed made 44 off 61 balls as the Gazi Tank spinners, particularly Sanjamul Islam, dominated. The left-arm spinner took four wickets for 20 while Alok Kapali picked up two wickets for just three runs.

The Sylhet all-rounder also shone with the bat, ending up with an unbeaten 39 off 74 balls with the help of a six and three boundaries as Gazi Tank wrapped up the chase in 39 overs.

SCORES IN BRIEF

SURJO TARUN: 152-9 in 50 overs (Devendra 32, Asif 32; Forhad 4-15, Shafiul 2-40)

OLD DOHS: 155-0 in 20.1 overs (Jamshed 80 not out, Omar 55 not out)

Result: Old DOHS won by 10 wickets.

CCS: 263-6 in 48 overs (Milon 74 not out, Amit 50; Abbas 3-44)

DOLESHWAR: 243-8 in 48 overs (Nadif 85, Sumon 35; Bashar 3-39, Suleiman 2-43)

Result: CCS won by 20 runs.

BKSP: 121 all out in 40.4 overs (Asif 44, Liton 14; Sanjamul 4-20)

GAZI TANK: 125-4 in 39 overs (Kapali 39 not out, Naeem 26 not out; Soumya 2-17)

Result: Gazi Tank won by six wickets.

source: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=169669
Did u miss this one?

Tiger Manc
January 12, 2011, 12:01 PM
He's not good enough im afraid, never was and never will be. He doesn't even average 20s in odi. Heck even Ash averages 20+.

abu2abu
January 13, 2011, 06:25 AM
Alok's problem is he fails to deliver and he's not actually a very good spinner.

However, he does have talent and I suspect the only reason why he is still in the mix is because siddons saw something in him in that ODI against India a couple of years ago (where he scored a hundred) and thinks this guy could be something special.

Kapali's domestic form has been at best mediocre and at worst woeful, yet he is still included in the training squad, that must be because someone in a position of influence fancies he can do something different.

I think he could make the final 15, though he doesn't deserve to on domestic form alone...

Baundule
January 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
I like him and he is able to deliver big; but he is no Tendulkar and if he is out of form he should not be selected. If he is scoring consistently, he will be an asset for the team.

ashraful1
January 13, 2011, 07:18 AM
I think alok could potentially be a perfect finisher we need to start getting closer to 300 batting first because we all ways get good starts with tamim and if alok comes out smashing the ball all over the park it could be a match winning innings, I don't see riyad or Nayeem being able to offer that, it's worth taking the risk, oh and becuase my name is ashraful1 doesn't mean I'm his biggest fan lol.

akabir77
January 13, 2011, 08:10 AM
I think either him or ash could be our finisher(i like him over ash). we need experience players and he can bat. the guy who says he was never good needs to know one time viv richards him self said and hugged kapali saying he sees himself in kapali... so don't look at avg for these players like ash and kapali they r diferent breed and were playing different time. any how. I think siddons needs to go with one of these man and nayem or riyad is not doing it for us.

lamisa
January 13, 2011, 08:54 AM
look at the real options we have for number 7,ash,alok or rumman...*sigh* such a gamble...

cricket_fanatic
January 14, 2011, 10:52 PM
We would not have needed to relinquish this debate on Alok, if either Riyad or Naeem would have been able to score at run a ball batting at 7 or 8, let alone at Kieron Pollard-ish strike rates. The problem is it is not happening and since I am not convinced by all the runs scored by Riyad in the DPL batting at no 5 with mid sixties strike rate, yes I would gamble in having any 2 of Ash, Alok & Sabbir in my final 15.

lamisa
January 15, 2011, 07:15 AM
^^point...

Banglaguy
January 15, 2011, 07:46 AM
Alok's problem is he fails to deliver and he's not actually a very good spinner.

However, he does have talent and I suspect the only reason why he is still in the mix is because siddons saw something in him in that ODI against India a couple of years ago (where he scored a hundred) and thinks this guy could be something special.

Kapali's domestic form has been at best mediocre and at worst woeful, yet he is still included in the training squad, that must be because someone in a position of influence fancies he can do something different.

I think he could make the final 15, though he doesn't deserve to on domestic form alone...

He's not a very good off spinner for one reason....
He's a leg spinner.

BanCricFan
March 18, 2011, 01:02 PM
Alok Kapli has got his FC campaign off to a good start. Scored 27 and 153 against Dhaka with some quality bowlers.

Now, baba Alok, keep making big hundreds and force yourself into the Test side. There are places up for grab. And, you need to score more 50s regularly as you have an appalling SIXTEEN 50s from 150 FC innings! Get that average around 35 asap.

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/305/305860.html

MohammedC
March 18, 2011, 01:10 PM
Sylhet off the bottom. Rajshahi is the only team to win a game.

Shaan
March 18, 2011, 02:47 PM
good starting for him, hoping he continues good form..

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 18, 2011, 06:01 PM
Please for gods sake give him a chance please

Tigers_eye
March 18, 2011, 06:13 PM
hahaha!! Elias Sunny the bowler scored a century. Tells you about the pitch. Lafao aro jorey jorey lafao.

Mr-khan
March 18, 2011, 06:33 PM
After Wc he should be given a chance.We have 3 match odi series against Australia on April.One chance after every 10 matches is not enough to show the capability he has. So he should be playing for the whole series.

Shaan
March 19, 2011, 03:33 AM
hahaha!! Elias Sunny the bowler scored a century. Tells you about the pitch. Lafao aro jorey jorey lafao.

Bro, so did Gillespie scored a century against BD once his life time that doesn't took away other batsman's credit away, Due respect should be there where it should be !!

al-Sagar
March 19, 2011, 03:55 AM
alok kapali thakle mone hoy EI WC er topscorer hoito

BD nishchit champ hoito

LOL, just for fun

hoodlum
March 19, 2011, 04:20 AM

I say bring Elias Sunny immediately in the team! Shobai lafabo khushite. Maybe Elias Sunny thakle we can frequently cross 58runs! Lafailam aro jore jore lafailam.

BanCricFan
March 23, 2011, 12:39 PM
Congrats to the Kapali family! All the best to the newborn and mother!

BanCricFan
March 23, 2011, 12:41 PM

Elias Sunny actually no mug with the bat. Credit should be given when its due. :)

mehedi
March 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
alok kapali thakle mone hoy EI WC er topscorer hoito

BD nishchit champ hoito

LOL, just for fun

Not sure, Alok could have been the top scorer for us in this WC but i believe he could have atleast helped the team to post something better than these mediocre 58 and 78

for example
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/65243.html

Shaan
March 23, 2011, 02:51 PM
Not sure, Alok could have been the top scorer for us in this WC but i believe he could have atleast helped the team to post something better than these mediocre 58 and 78

for example
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/65243.html
and still they selected Duckfool over him. AT this same match Duckfool got duck in order to assists Vaas to get hattrick, shame on those selectors. :hairpull::hairpull:

Thanks for reminding me bro !!

simon
March 23, 2011, 03:37 PM
Alok is overrated.

Fazal
March 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
Oh no... we are about to replace one Kopali with another?

and the cycle will continue. The old kopali will be back replacing this kopali again.

Shaan
March 24, 2011, 02:46 AM
Alok is overrated.
agreed so do our entire team and all the players since I've seen the cricket of our country. We supporter are too overratetd and me too!! the point is we create hype we jump too soon into conclusion then we decide things too soon so yes I'm overrated too, so do you !! ANd heck Kapali, Ashrafool,Tamim, Shakib all are overrated !!

Because of this overrated stuff we are screwing ourself every worldcup by bringing overrated new ones and screwing up in the same overrated recycle.. and staying overrated.. we are so overrated that we never have a settled team because we overrate our players and keep changing overratedly!!which will never settle down our team into a mature phase !!

silversurf
March 24, 2011, 03:25 AM
Alok Kapali need another chance.

BanCricFan
April 25, 2011, 05:12 PM
Alok has had an impressive NCL this season. He has scored 358 runs from 4 innings at 89.50. He also took 7 wickets @ 31.57.

Its a shame that Alok only got just THREE FC matches this season! BCB!

rinathq
April 25, 2011, 08:38 PM
Alok has had an impressive NCL this season. He has scored 358 runs from 4 innings at 89.50. He also took 7 wickets @ 31.57.

Its a shame that Alok only got just THREE FC matches this season! BCB!

Thats remarkable........ Alok is workinh hard and it is paying off. My request to BCB, give him some time. He is not a rookie, you know he has experience, just need to be patient like they were with Nafees. With Alok and Nafees in the squad, we will have that experience and variety we were missing

Tiger444
April 25, 2011, 09:47 PM
Good to see Alok doing well in the NCL. He should be given an extended run in the team. The Australia match showed he's still rusty at the international level. It's normal though, SN is still not up to scratch with his batting and he's gotten many games now. Hope he can be our answer at the #7.

Dilscoop
April 25, 2011, 11:49 PM
With Alok, now that list of "armchair allrounders" grows.

I just can't wait till they play all of Alok, Riyad, Naeem, Shuvo, and even Ash in the same XI. That's gonna piss me off soooo bad.

Shaan
April 26, 2011, 12:33 AM
Thats remarkable........ Alok is workinh hard and it is paying off. My request to BCB, give him some time. He is not a rookie, you know he has experience, just need to be patient like they were with Nafees. With Alok and Nafees in the squad, we will have that experience and variety we were missing
Ditto..

Jadukor
April 26, 2011, 02:38 AM
That is what i hope for too.... SN looked really rusty and nervous in his first couple of outings but he seems to have settled in nicely now... I hope we give a similar opportunity for Alok and hopefully allow him to bat higher so that he gets to play himself in a little bit... even though he didn't make runs against the aussies he didn't look out of depth... and that cut shot he played was pure class... I have faith in this guy.... Hopefully against Zimbabwe and later against Pakistan he can cement his spot ahead of Naeem

Rabz
April 26, 2011, 04:02 AM
A national team recall and then a sudden burst of Kapali again.
Good show in the last National League match.
Too bad he missed the rare chance of scoring century in both innings of a match.

A little confidence, along with a ray of hope which seemed so faded, can take you so much further.

An inform, true to his potential Kapali can only mean good things for our team.

lamisa
April 26, 2011, 10:49 AM
great! all of a sudden we have old players and rookies performing great in ncl!

BanCricFan
November 11, 2012, 04:34 AM
It seems like Alok is on form again. 134 in the ongoing match and 40 in the previous is a solid start to this NCL. We could do with a consistent Alok.

Rajin has done well too. Experienced ones are leading the way for Sylhet. What about Tapash! :)

Nadim
November 11, 2012, 04:40 AM
He is gone. Don't see any future. One 100 and avg of <25 in every season not enough to buy u a palace even in the Academy team
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

BanCricFan
November 11, 2012, 04:48 AM
Nadim,

He is not even 30 yet. In many countries batsman make international debut at that age. He and Aftab still could revive their careers. This two can be real assets for us as they bring natural flair and class to the side. Sure they have mental blocks or temperament issues. But BCB has also let them down. Ashraful to a certain extant too.

Tiger444
November 11, 2012, 01:40 PM
#6 in the run scoring charts so far with an average of a 121 with 1 century and a half century. I'd say he's done pretty well so far. He's gotta continue this consistency though. Also I believe that we should not just rule out players because remember, we're Bangladesh and not Australia or England. On top of that he's still 28 so he's got time to come back but he needs to continue to score well and then he has to perform in the A team before getting another chance again. Remember, we need more depth in our middle order.

As for Aftab, forget about playing for Bangladesh, he shouldn't be playing for Chittagong with the attitude he has. A 24 avg for FC's and only 1 century in 96 innings? Like I said before he's lucky to be even playing for Chittagong.

BANFAN
November 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
Nadim,

He is not even 30 yet. In many countries batsman make international debut at that age. He and Aftab still could revive their careers. This two can be real assets for us as they bring natural flair and class to the side. Sure they have mental blocks or temperament issues. But BCB has also let them down. Ashraful to a certain extant too.

Age wise Very much possible in the test team. But not sure performance wise, if he has done enough yet to get a recall.

BanCricFan
November 11, 2012, 02:28 PM
Ofcourse, I wasnt suggesting a Test recall for the likes of Alok or Aftab. Alok needs to finish the NCL as one of the top run getters. Then A tours and so on...

Aftab has lost all his confidence after being hit by the cricket ball and his tenant(!). And the binge feasting, too. So his rehab might take a little more time. But, he should be helped and guided back into the top flight again. BCB could do a lot here.

Nadim
November 11, 2012, 02:30 PM
No point comparing BD with other countries...In BD, at 30 you are about to end your career rather than thinking of coming back. But. If Alok can do that, than its gd for us :)

And as far as i conern about Aftab, Let me ask you to decide :facepalm:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/61176_370057996414036_791536393_n.jpg

"Kriket khela boroi koster"

Tiger444
November 11, 2012, 02:34 PM
^good point. I just hope Alok continues to perform and gives our national team batsmen pressure.

BanCricFan
November 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
And as far as i conern about Aftab, Let me ask you to decide :facepalm:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/61176_370057996414036_791536393_n.jpg

"Kriket khela boroi koster"

Our culture is to be blamed for this kind of monstrosity! Not just Aftab or Durjoy...

Btw, Tapash and Alok look to be in quite good shape.

Nadim
November 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
Our culture is to be blamed for this kind of monstrosity! Not just Aftab or Durjoy...

No point blaming the culture, IT's all up to an individual. As a professional athlete, they cannot blame the culture because you couldn't kept fit themselves. Culture doesn't force you to eat rice, biyani sokal, dupur, shonda. :lol:

If discard player like Deccens, Alok, Rajin can stay in shape than why can't he? R they not living in the same culture?

Tiger444
November 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
If Aftab is not driven to be on the national team then why waste time with him? At least with Alok, he's worked hard on his game and has done pretty well on the domestic scene. Aftab just doesn't seem in to it. It's laughable that a specialist batsman has only 1 FC century in his career.

BanCricFan
November 11, 2012, 03:06 PM
Bhaiyya, go a little easy on the poor chap. Not a very nice thing being hit by a ball or a Bharatiwala. He needs a proper rehab.

Dont forget even Mash had a Merv Huge bhuri :D
Btw, Rajin is an exceptional individual. Not many Bangladeshi are in his mould. I would have selected Rajin just for his work ethics and dedication -if, I was a selecta! :D

Nadim
November 11, 2012, 03:07 PM
^setai:floor:

Ajfar
November 11, 2012, 06:41 PM
Btw, Rajin is an exceptional individual. Not many Bangladeshi are in his mould. I would have selected Rajin just for his work ethics and dedication -if, I was a selecta! :D

Rajin should have never been dropped to begin with back around 2007. That's when the buira's in our team got left behind (Bashar, Pilot, Golla). At the time I thought BCB would keep him in the loop for the longer version considering he was somewhat experienced. But after getting dropped, he never really helped his cause by having any breakout performance in NCL. He scored runs from time to time, but always here and there. Whether he will ever return in the national team or not, one thing that's for sure is he intends to be around cricket for a long long time.

His 'Dhokhin Shurma' cricket academy is slowly growing. I think down the line in few more years after the franchise FC league takes over, we will probably see Rajin take over the team as a coach or adviser, the kind of role Pilot is now playing for Rajshahi. He is already kind of doing that now, I know during the off season and few weeks before NCL starts he invites all local players in the squad and hold training camp on his own.

Gowza
November 11, 2012, 06:48 PM
rajin looked a really good prospect against australia all those years ago, when we saw him in his most recent international matches he didn't look as good but he's always been a good domestic scorer.

fuadomar
November 11, 2012, 10:25 PM
rajin looked a really good prospect against australia all those years ago, when we saw him in his most recent international matches he didn't look as good but he's always been a good domestic scorer.
I can still remember his swiftly timed nice cover drive which was destined to reach the fielder straight away without a run. Not to mention, handling the bouncers with chest..

Sohel
November 11, 2012, 11:51 PM
Alex is an emo. No other way to explain his failures at the highest level. Never a favorite within BCB's Old Boys Network including at least 2 of our 3 national selectors since the Faruk-Koko dynasty, maybe he didn't get the run perhaps less deserving players had. But that sort of "injustice" doesn't mitigate the fact that he failed to take advantage of the chances he was given. Maybe he's not psychologically cut-out to sustain success at the highest level like most of our players.

Tiger444
November 12, 2012, 08:29 AM
Alex is an emo. No other way to explain his failures at the highest level. Never a favorite within BCB's Old Boys Network including at least 2 of our 3 national selectors since the Faruk-Koko dynasty, maybe he didn't get the run perhaps less deserving players had. But that sort of "injustice" doesn't mitigate the fact that he failed to take advantage of the chances he was given. Maybe he's not psychologically cut-out to sustain success at the highest level like most of our players.

I feel the same way with Alok. No questions about his talent but it's his ability to deal with pressure that's the problem. If he can get over his mental block then I could see him still serving Bangladesh cricket.