PDA

View Full Version : Shakib al Hasan to play for Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL 4

al-Sagar
January 8, 2011, 05:17 AM
KKR have got shakib al hasan for the next IPL.

his base price was 200,000 $

pune started the bidding then KKR joined in finally KKR got him for 425000 $

kkr also got gambhir, yousuf pathan, jaques kallis, brad haddin so far

tonoy
January 8, 2011, 05:19 AM
KKR is going to rock this season!!!

Mahir
Dude you are lightning quick! Was about to open a thread :)

cricketboy
Bought for 425000!

tonoy
I am just worried that Shak has to compete against Kallis for the international quota.

desirocker
January 8, 2011, 05:20 AM
Dada is replaced by the real Prince of Bengal, Shakib Al Hasan

Firoz
our captain got signed for $425,000 with shahrukh khans team.

magic boy
good choice by KKR.

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 05:21 AM
SOLD for $425,000 to KKR! thats $850,000 over two years nd the kkr officials where really happy after getting him (i was watching on tv)

shakibrulz
January 8, 2011, 05:22 AM
Shakib and Kallis in the same team!

Go Shakib! :love:

PS: Pissed off that Dada is not in the team tbh.

Nadim
January 8, 2011, 05:23 AM
i knew it.

Kalkatta have the best team this year: Ghambir, Kallis, Ypusuf Pathana and Shak:fire:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

al-Sagar
congratz shakib for getting KKR

ahnaf
Congrates! But.. They've kallis also!! May be they'll play both of them.. I'm hoping for that..

al-Sagar
January 8, 2011, 05:24 AM
i knew it.

Kalkatta have the best team this year: Ghambir, Kallis, Ypusuf Pathana and Shak:fire:

they also got haddin

cricketboy
January 8, 2011, 05:24 AM
SOLD for $425,000 to KKR! thats $850,000 over two years nd the kkr officials where really happy after getting him (i was watching on tv)

Because that a great value to buy him!

lamisa
January 8, 2011, 05:25 AM
eishob ki gajakhuri kothabarta?matro 425????being the no.1 allrounder in the world for soooo long and highest wicket taker and county promoter and what not?????seriously,jadeja bags more than shakib???u gotta be kidding me!

cricketboy
January 8, 2011, 05:28 AM
eishob ki gajakhuri kothabarta?matro 425????being the no.1 allrounder in the world for soooo long and highest wicket taker and county promoter and what not?????seriously,jadeja bags more than shakib???u gotta be kidding me!

EVen Navjot Sidhu said the price was too low to get a player of Shakib's caliber but I am happy at least he is part of IPL at last.

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 05:28 AM

guess wat... kevin pietersen went for 625,000 only.....so 425 for shak not so bad...oh nd chris gayle went unsold!!...in this auction its all about the indian players they are in hot demand

revolver
January 8, 2011, 05:29 AM
kkr will definately rock this year. i knew they would sign sakib.

Naimul_Hd
January 8, 2011, 05:30 AM
yay !!!!!! babay....bring it on !! :D

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 05:32 AM
now i hope tamim also gets a go...he will most probably feature in tomorrow's bidding.....oh nd angelo mathews just went fir 900,000 as an all-rounder....common Shakib is waaay better than angelo mathews....

oh nd fyi.....new team pune was the only other team to bid for shakib

Shaan
January 8, 2011, 05:36 AM
sobe tho shuru, iceman oder dekhabe koto dhane koto chaal.
But happy now he got somewhere starting. Any news of Tamim?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Nadim
January 8, 2011, 05:37 AM
well price is BS. Its al about what country u play for

johan Botha gets 950K but Vettori gets 650k. And Vettori is miles ahead of botha as a T29 bowler

shakibrulz
January 8, 2011, 05:38 AM
Shakib, Kallis, Haddin together. Hope he keeps well off Shak. :-p

riajul
January 8, 2011, 05:39 AM
Congrats to shakib

shakibrulz
January 8, 2011, 05:39 AM
now i hope tamim also gets a go...he will most probably feature in tomorrow's bidding.....oh nd angelo mathews just went fir 900,000 as an all-rounder....common Shakib is waaay better than angelo mathews....

Angelo mathews is the better batsman in T20 but Shakib is the better bowler. Overall shakib is better imo. But many people don't know about Shakib that much and Mathews played well in IPL last year.

Nafis 1718
January 8, 2011, 05:42 AM
too cheap........

amar11432
January 8, 2011, 05:43 AM
Congrats to shakib but went for way to low

Jadukor
January 8, 2011, 05:44 AM
okay... that settles it... rooting for KKR this season!

ahnaf
January 8, 2011, 05:48 AM

its too low but we r lucky that pune bids for him otherwise allah e jane ki hoito..

irteja
January 8, 2011, 05:54 AM
wow...great news ..Go Sakib ..Go KKR...

Gautam Gambhir sold to Kolkata Knight Riders for a record $2.4 million.
Yusuf Pathan to Kolkata Knight Riders for $2.1 million.
Jacques Kallis to Kolkata Knight Riders for $1.1 million.
Shakib al Hasan to Kolkata Knight Riders for $425,000
Brad Haddin goes to Kolkata Knight Riders for $325,000.

firstlane
January 8, 2011, 05:56 AM
Congrates! But.. They've kallis also!! May be they'll play both of them.. I'm hoping for that..

They can actually coz kallis is a medium pacer and shakib is a spinner. Hope shakib is in top form at the time of ipl.

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 05:58 AM
They can actually coz kallis is a medium pacer and shakib is a spinner. Hope shakib is in top form at the time of ipl.

nd to be honest kallis will primarily play as a batsmen...he was sold as a batsmen...nd he's bowling is no where near as good as shakibs

firstlane
January 8, 2011, 05:58 AM
How long is the contract for? 1 year or 3 years?

tonoy
January 8, 2011, 05:59 AM
It should be for 3 years.

shakibrulz
January 8, 2011, 06:00 AM
Kallis is ordinary in T20s
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

firstlane
January 8, 2011, 06:00 AM
does kallies open in t20 or they will go for tamim as well?

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 06:01 AM
the contract is for two years...nd the salary is per annum....so shakib will get $850,000 total from his contract

Aahiyan
January 8, 2011, 06:01 AM
Bangali bole sostai peye gese :(

revolver
January 8, 2011, 06:02 AM
Kallis is ordinary in T20s
omg did you see him last year

firstlane
January 8, 2011, 06:04 AM
the contract is for two years...nd the salary is per annum....so shakib will get $850,000 total from his contract

Oh! Thats better.

cricketboy
January 8, 2011, 06:16 AM
Brett Lee for KKR!

Shehwar
January 8, 2011, 06:22 AM
Going to root for KKR this season!

dolcevita
January 8, 2011, 06:22 AM
Shakib deserves it
who will picked tamim?

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2011, 06:31 AM
Shakib did NOT get the price he deserves... but, hope to see him put a stellar performance during the IPL.

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 06:37 AM
hold on guys tamim iqbal will go on on sale today.....! in a short while (just announced on tv)

Night_wolf
January 8, 2011, 06:44 AM
oh man y kolkata again!!...kkr better not do the mashrafe again with shakib

Sovik
January 8, 2011, 06:46 AM
hope he will get few more games than mortaza

godzilla
January 8, 2011, 06:46 AM
I can't believe this. A player like Jadeja went over 900 000 where as shak only got 425k. Swan was not even sold ...

KKR should pack in Tamim aswell ... for 100k thats the best price you can get him for

M.H.Rubel
January 8, 2011, 06:49 AM
Congratulations to SAH.Wish he ll get a chance to play in the best 11.

Dhakablues
January 8, 2011, 06:52 AM
Probably there is something about the british players.. no picker for James Anderson, Swann and Chris Gayle surprised me the most. But its obvious that IPL model is working.. their domestic players like Ashwin ( whom I have no idea about) getting 850,000 dollars compared to Mccullum getting only 400,000.. They should reward and keep their dollars with their own players than foreign players. In that respect, they are successful.

dolcevita
January 8, 2011, 06:58 AM
Its logicS that indian players get more than foreign player because there are only few indian player ( world class) : 20/30
wheras you have 200 world class player .
If shakib was indian he would get like Ghambir

Wakidul
January 8, 2011, 07:01 AM
When is tamim being selected?

Wakidul
January 8, 2011, 07:03 AM
meaning auctioned. I dont want kkr to show interest in him cause i think they already got many world class players. He would not get a chance there. Perhaps opening with shewag would b good.

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 07:06 AM
When is tamim being selected?

he's coming up very shortly...he's in the current group they are going through....i'll update as soon as i see him

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2011, 07:09 AM
hope he will get few more games than mortaza

I hope he gets to play in all the games... otherwise KKR sucks!

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2011, 07:10 AM
IPL bidding does not make sense... For example "Aaron Finch sold for $300,000"...

Wakidul
January 8, 2011, 07:13 AM
he's coming up very shortly...he's in the current group they are going through....i'll update as soon as i see him

Im reading live commentary from cricinfo ipl auction thing but do u knw any visual link.

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 07:15 AM
I'm sorry guys no bid for tamim iqbal

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 07:16 AM
Im reading live commentary from cricinfo ipl auction thing but do u knw any visual link.

http://livechanneli.info/stream1/ u can watch it there

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2011, 07:16 AM
George Binoy: Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal, base price $100,000. He's a bargain buy but there are no bidders.

This was expected from IPL bidders...

beshideshi
January 8, 2011, 07:17 AM
No bidders for tamim

Wakidul
January 8, 2011, 07:18 AM
Ahh for Cryin ut loud no bidders for Tamim. Ipl franchises no little about cricket in my opinion. Tamim iqbal is clearly suited to playing t20. The reason why his average is so low in it is because since he's been in form that he's currently in.. there havent been many t20 matches bdesh have participated in.

I'm very dissapointed to hear no bids for tamim.

dolcevita
January 8, 2011, 07:20 AM
really shocking news ,
hope he will prove them 19 february that they were wrong

Shartaz
January 8, 2011, 07:21 AM
really shocking news ,
hope he will prove them 19 february that they were wrong

yeah in a twisted way i guess its good for tamim iqbal.....he'll be more motivated against his favourite opponents

Dhakablues
January 8, 2011, 07:29 AM
As I mentioned this earlier.. none of our players really showed maturity in T20 format ( other than shabbir, I guess). The last T20 tournament we had, Big Boss T20, Alok Kapali was the star there, it wasnt Shakib or Ashraful. Tamim did well there I think but he is purely batsman. The only reason Shakib was picked is because of his all round skills and KKR needed a quality spinner. Why would indian team's go for batsman when they have too many of them there...When IPL drops Chris Gayle, Swann, James Anderson like players,, Tamim not being selected is a surprise but not a shocker, really.

dolcevita
January 8, 2011, 07:30 AM
Noone for gayle swann anderson tamim!!!

BASSMAN
January 8, 2011, 07:31 AM
First hurdle passed Shakib's in a team. Question is how many matches will they play him.

Shame Tamim didnt get picked.....I am sure now he is chiselling away his bat to get his revenge in Feb.

roman
January 8, 2011, 07:32 AM
happy for Shak...what about Tamim?

tiger1000
January 8, 2011, 07:33 AM
Vettori $550K and Shakib $425K
Shakibs a better player.

Equinox
January 8, 2011, 07:35 AM
For those who are saying Tamim will get picked up later...if he doesn't get picked at $100k then he won't be picked up at all. But I am glad. He will go on a rampage on the 19th.

Naimul_Hd
January 8, 2011, 07:57 AM
Kolkata lost their dada, but now they will support for another bengali Shakib Al Hasan !! :)

cricket_fanatic
January 8, 2011, 08:01 AM
KKR has picked 5 overseas players so far - Shakib, Kallis, Morgan, Lee and Haddin. Of them, isn't it 4 that can play in the starting XI?

Umar
January 8, 2011, 08:02 AM
Don't worry guys who are worried about KKR might not play SHAKIB as they did to Mash in last IPL

This time KKR's coach is DAV WHATMORE + Wasim Akram (as bowling coach I think)! not that old stereotypical buchanan . Both Wasim And Dav likes BD cricketers. So no worries :D

shakibrulz
January 8, 2011, 08:13 AM
Chris Gayle
Tamim Iqbal
Sourav Ganguly*
Brian Lara
Herschelle Gibbs+
Jesse Ryder
Mark Boucher
Graeme Swann
Jimmy Anderson
Ajanta Mendis
Murali Kartik

Haha dropped XI makes a brilliant team actually :-p

iamreza
January 8, 2011, 08:15 AM
Shakib will play as they have no quallity spinner.

munnabhai
January 8, 2011, 08:26 AM
KKR has picked 5 overseas players so far - Shakib, Kallis, Morgan, Lee and Haddin. Of them, isn't it 4 that can play in the starting XI?

Yes, that is correct. Shakib needs to fight for his position against either Kallis for the all rounder spot or Eoin Morgan for the no 6 spot. I am certain he will play more matches than Morteza.

cricket_fanatic
January 8, 2011, 09:12 AM
Yes, that is correct. Shakib needs to fight for his position against either Kallis for the all rounder spot or Eoin Morgan for the no 6 spot. I am certain he will play more matches than Morteza.

I think it's Morgan that might miss out as Shakib's bowling should make him a more useful player. I don't think Shakib would have to fight with Kallis as Kallis would probably bat in top 3 like he has done for Royal Challenger's Bangalore in the last couple of seasons.

Naimul_Hd
January 8, 2011, 09:18 AM
Its not over guys. Dnt start counting right now. KKR will bid tomorrow as well. Shakib may find his new competitor tomorrow.

Tiger444
January 8, 2011, 09:34 AM
A big congrats to Shakib! Very proud of him getting a team in the IPL. He must be a very happy man himself. I was worried nobody would buy him since it looked like the Indians were all getting bought for a big price while the foreigners weren't getting as much.

KKR is a good fit for Shakib in my opinion. There are some other high profile players that Shakib could be around which will be very good for him. Most importantly Whatmore is the coach and I'm sure he'll give him a lot of chances. Haven't been a big fan of the IPL but if Shakib plays regularly then I'll definitely watch more games.

Banglaguy
January 8, 2011, 09:39 AM
Because i was unable to watch the auction, who else was bidding for Shakib?
And you know that Tamim was unsold, will he be put in the auction tommorrow?

shakibrulz
January 8, 2011, 09:45 AM
^^Pune and KKR only.

Chances are less even if he gets one more shot imo.

Habib
January 8, 2011, 09:45 AM
Because i was unable to watch the auction, who else was bidding for Shakib?
And you know that Tamim was unsold, will he be put in the auction tommorrow?

Pune started the bidding for Shakib.

Banglaguy
January 8, 2011, 09:48 AM
^^Pune and KKR only.

Chances are less even if he gets one more shot imo.

Jazakhallah brother.

simon
January 8, 2011, 10:28 AM
Good team,don't care much abt the price but hope he gets engh chance to play,and very well know cricketers there two,Best Test allrounder & best ODI allrounder;) ,KAllis was btw the most consistent(or 1 of the most) IPL batsman last yr.
How many foreigners allowed every match? 3?
And why is Sakib replacing Mortaza every where?:-p I know it's not intentionaly though.

lamisa
January 8, 2011, 10:35 AM
mamu eibar buijho moja,tamimre khepay bhalo korosh nai!!!!

btw,the only reason y kkr went for sakib was probably because they want the huge bd fanbase in their support...

Murad
January 8, 2011, 10:36 AM
KKR went for Shakib because of Dave Whatmore.

Night_wolf
January 8, 2011, 10:47 AM
How many foreigners allowed every match? 3?

:four:

Habib
January 8, 2011, 11:08 AM
KKR went for Shakib because of Dave Whatmore.

This.
Few days back when Dav came to BD he had a nice little chat with Shakib. He's obviously impressed with the iceman.

aklemalp
January 8, 2011, 11:22 AM
i think they bought shakib because he is the world's best allrounder,and with kallis around,he will learn alot from him,kallis will also pass the baton on to shakib,nice way for kallis to retire with shakib by his side

simon
January 8, 2011, 12:25 PM
KKR is always keen abt BD players,and Sakib is a valuable crcktr,I don't see any other reason.

Dhakablues
January 8, 2011, 12:30 PM
KKR pretty much dumped their entire team to start afresh. They picked players based on their recent performances than name only. But I think Kallis is way way on the top than Shakib. Shakib has the talent but Kallis is almost the best allrounder of this time and has been performing in all areas for the last decade almost..

dolcevita
January 8, 2011, 12:36 PM
Hope tomorrow tamim get picked he truly deserves it

mishu
January 8, 2011, 12:44 PM
How do you guys think KKR was able to pay those huge amount of money to 3 other players (more than half of their salary cap), because they saved big time on worlds number one all-rounder, expect bigger contract for Shakib in future, if he is successful in this one.

ahnaf
January 8, 2011, 12:46 PM
KKR pretty much dumped their entire team to start afresh. They picked players based on their recent performances than name only. But I think Kallis is way way on the top than Shakib. Shakib has the talent but Kallis is almost the best allrounder of this time and has been performing in all areas for the last decade almost..

bro..what r u talking about?? Kallis arguebly the best allrounder off cricket history..

hoodlum
January 8, 2011, 01:08 PM
Hope tomorrow tamim get picked he truly deserves it

chances are very low...once a player goes unsold it's hardly possible for them getting sold again...and tomorrow there are other players to be auctioned...one of them is ashraful.

shujan
January 8, 2011, 02:23 PM

Tamim went unsold!

cricadda
January 8, 2011, 02:44 PM
Now i am going to belive, BANGLADESH will win the WORLD CUP. TAMIM will hammared everybody:100::100::flag::100::100:..........just wait and see. poooooooooooooor rubbish ipl..durrrrrrrrrr.....vua r abul.

simon
January 8, 2011, 03:15 PM
any vdo pls:waiting:

rinathq
January 8, 2011, 03:21 PM
This is pretty low contract for Shakib, bur seeing how players like Gayle went empty handed, Shakib s contract isn't bad.

Like everyone here,
I want Tamim to be ignored and he will fire up in the worldcup against India the team that he already hates!!!
Besides, Tamim is not hungry for cash, he has lots and he loves playing more and more cricket

ahms
January 8, 2011, 04:00 PM
KKR had a good buy so far. 3 players are all rounder i.e. Kallis, Shakib and Yusuf. Tamim would have been good choice for KKR as well. Gambir & Tamim could do lot better. However, there is a little chance that KKR will go for Tamim since only 3 players are available for each game.

ahms
January 8, 2011, 04:04 PM
KKR had a good buy so far. 3 players are all rounder i.e. Kallis, Shakib and Yusuf. Tamim would have been good choice for KKR as well. Gambir & Tamim could do lot better. However, there is a little chance that KKR will go for Tamim since only 3 players are available for each game.

I just forgot, Bret Lee is a bad buy. Harris/Ben/Tremlett/Roach would have been options.

Sovik
January 8, 2011, 04:35 PM
Hope Tamim will be sold tomorrow.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Zeeshan
January 8, 2011, 08:32 PM
Anyone knows if he gets paid altogether or when exactly?

He should blow it on this:

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/Lamborghini-Concept-S-Topview.jpg

tanim3960
January 8, 2011, 09:02 PM
I am happy that Shakib is with KKR. Just hoping he dont get dumped by KKR by not leting him play like they did to Mortaza.

Naimul_Hd
January 8, 2011, 09:09 PM
Shakib now a Knight Rider (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=169272)

“My job is to play cricket as much as possible. I'm happy with the ultimate bidding that is double my floor price. As far as I know, the Indian players' demand was high,” said Shakib in an instant reaction during a break in the shooting for a commercial at the Botanical Garden in Mirpur.

“I am really delighted because last time I had high hopes but could not make it,” he added.

“Tamim (Iqbal) called me first. I was a little nervous when I didn't receive any calls for a certain period, though I knew that this time it will happen as Dav (Whatmore) told me during his recent visit to Bangladesh that he will bid for me,” revealed Shakib.

http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2011/01/09/2011-01-09__sps112.jpg
SHAKIB COMES TO THE PARTY: The world's no.1 all-rounder and Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan cuts a cake in celebration of being bought by IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders for USD 425,000 yesterday.Photo: STAR

Cake kete celebrate korata ektu beshi hoye gese na dada ra ! highest bidding player hoile ekta kotha chilo....jai hok, best wishes for him :)

Zeeshan
January 8, 2011, 09:16 PM
Thik bolechen Namuda. EKtu kichu holei amader chele peleder ekhon kek bisqoot khawiye mota shota kore tultule banano hoy. Jottoshob!

ziku1
January 8, 2011, 09:20 PM
I am happy that Shakib is with KKR. Just hoping he dont get dumped by KKR by not leting him play like they did to Mortaza.

mortaza was given a chance by kkr and conceded 21 runs in the last over to lose to deccan chargers (the most expensive spell in ipl 2009). although he should have been given more chances to prove himself, i think the way he capitulated and the fact there were so many other international options like gayle hussy bond mendis, etc, meant he was left out.

aslong as shakib doesnt do something this embarrassing i think he will get more game time. And the fact this time around there are 74 matches and there is a 10 game limit on players to prevent fatigue, shakib will surely get 3 or 4 games minimum.

Night_wolf
January 8, 2011, 10:54 PM
Cake kete celebrate korata ektu beshi hoye gese na dada ra ! highest bidding player hoile ekta kotha chilo....jai hok, best wishes for him :)

bujhen e to dada amra bangalira always aktu besi besie koriE-)

Night_wolf
January 8, 2011, 10:56 PM
mortaza was given a chance by kkr and conceded 21 runs in the last over to lose to deccan chargers (the most expensive spell in ipl 2009). although he should have been given more chances to prove himself, i think the way he capitulated and the fact there were so many other international options like gayle hussy bond mendis, etc, meant he was left out.

aslong as shakib doesnt do something this embarrassing i think he will get more game time. And the fact this time around there are 74 matches and there is a 10 game limit on players to prevent fatigue, shakib will surely get 3 or 4 games minimum.

hey hey!!...new news!...give me the source bro:)

Night_wolf
January 8, 2011, 11:16 PM
does this means shakib cant play for worcs from the start?..darn it!..crap ipl

cricketboy
January 9, 2011, 12:09 AM
Cricinfo's reason for Tamim Iqbal's omission:

And what about Tamim Iqbal, the aggressive Bangladesh opener who seems made for Twenty20?
Two reasons. First, the numbers: though he has had a good Test season in 2010, his ODI and Twenty20 form last year was far from impressive. In 23 matches, he made 776 runs at 33.73 with one century while in two Twenty20s, he only managed 33 runs. He's also been battling a wrist injury, for which he's undergone surgery. The other reason franchises did not bid for him was his international commitments: according to the ICC's Future Tours Programme, Bangladesh are busy during March and April so Tamim would have to miss a healthy part of the next IPL.

ziku1
January 9, 2011, 12:55 AM
hey hey!!...new news!...give me the source bro:)

i remember reading it somewhere but i cant remember exactly where, but this might have been before they made it 74 games instead of the 90+ games.

but still im pretty sure there is a set number of games that players cannot play more than as there was big concern over player burnout due to the ipl.

jisaan
January 9, 2011, 01:31 AM
bro..what r u talking about?? Kallis arguebly the best allrounder off cricket history..

mate, have u heard of a 'poor' fellow named Sir Gary Sobers?/:)

jisaan
January 9, 2011, 01:48 AM
Cricinfo's reason for Tamim Iqbal's omission:

And what about Tamim Iqbal, the aggressive Bangladesh opener who seems made for Twenty20?
Two reasons. First, the numbers: though he has had a good Test season in 2010, his ODI and Twenty20 form last year was far from impressive. In 23 matches, he made 776 runs at 33.73 with one century while in two Twenty20s, he only managed 33 runs. He's also been battling a wrist injury, for which he's undergone surgery. The other reason franchises did not bid for him was his international commitments: according to the ICC's Future Tours Programme, Bangladesh are busy during March and April so Tamim would have to miss a healthy part of the next IPL.

May be a Blessing-in-disguise when bangladesh would face india. Tamim will be determined to show the world (read 'ipl franchises) what he is made of!

dolcevita
January 9, 2011, 02:13 AM

Kallis records are as good as sobers

cricketboy
January 9, 2011, 02:49 AM
Razaak and Shuvo unsold but Randiv sold!!!

aniksh1
January 9, 2011, 03:08 AM
Australian shala gula prottekta contract paye

ahnaf
January 9, 2011, 03:46 AM

bhaiya.. I've told that arguably..

Night_wolf
January 9, 2011, 03:58 AM
sobers imran kallis go to hell!!!...I SAY SHAKIB

firstlane
January 9, 2011, 04:12 AM
Shakib now a Knight Rider (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=169272)

I am sure it was organised by some over enthusiastic fans and shakib couldn't say no to them. As far as I know shakib is not the kind of person to be satisfied just to get a chance to play, he wants to perform as well.

firstlane
January 9, 2011, 04:17 AM
Dav Whatmore is sticking to the same strategy he adopted for Bangladesh- recruiting as many allrounders possible.

bd fan
January 9, 2011, 04:45 AM
ashraful goes unsold

riajul
January 9, 2011, 04:47 AM
Ashraful, mahmudullah also remain unsold<br/>BD er r keu bodhoy chance pabe na.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

bd fan
January 9, 2011, 04:53 AM
mahmudallah goes unsold

Nafis 1718
January 9, 2011, 05:23 AM
Mashrafe Mortaza, Bangladesh allrounder, who had franchises fighting over him in 2009, gets no bids this time. Unsold at $100,000. (Cricinfo)

bangla-red
January 9, 2011, 05:33 AM
OMG, what are those stupid teams doing, not buying the superstar Imrul? :(

:D

I might be wrong, but he only conceded 21 runs because McCullum put too many men outside the PP circle, leading to a no-ball... and the last ball was hit for 6, I think, which wouldn't have happened.

Habib
January 9, 2011, 05:51 AM
Hey guys, in case you haven't noticed, it's official Shakib thread. Go to IPL thread for giving the update.

Banglaguy
January 9, 2011, 06:31 AM
ashraful goes unsold

Wow. Thats a shock (!) Seen as though he's in the form of his life (!)

ahms
January 9, 2011, 09:21 AM
Is there any chance Tamim will be called again or sold at base price?

Night_wolf
January 9, 2011, 09:26 AM
Is there any chance Tamim will be called again or sold at base price?

nop..auction is done with

lamisa
January 9, 2011, 09:47 AM
ami mone prane kkr chhara ar baki shob ipl teamder bod doa dichchi...

Acura_tl88
January 9, 2011, 10:19 AM
lol shokun er doyai zodi goru morto/:)

Haru-party
January 9, 2011, 10:30 AM
lol shokun er doyai zodi goru morto/:)

:lol:

shakibrulz
January 9, 2011, 10:48 AM
LOL, this bunch of retards wasted an awful lot of money in the wrong places. They don't have a clue about quality of the players. Let it go guys.

bd fan
January 9, 2011, 12:34 PM
Wow. Thats a shock (!) Seen as though he's in the form of his life (!)

Chillout, I didn't mean it like that. I am like the biggest ash hater, lol.
I knew he wasn't going to be bought but other people in this forum think ash not being bought is an important news. Just sharing sum news

bd fan
January 9, 2011, 12:36 PM
LOL, this bunch of retards wasted an awful lot of money in the wrong places. They don't have a clue about quality of the players. Let it go guys.

ikr, agree with u 100%. All this money being wasted, could be used for good purposes :(

simon
January 9, 2011, 12:40 PM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2011/2011_01_09/content_zoom/2011_01_09_22_3_b.jpg

Roni_uk
January 9, 2011, 07:38 PM
Congrats Shakib!!!

Naimul_Hd
January 9, 2011, 09:27 PM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2011/2011_01_10/content_zoom/2011_01_10_22_8_b.jpg

Source: PA

beshideshi
January 9, 2011, 11:07 PM

Irfan Pathan, who represented India last time in Feb 2009 got 1.9mil $, that tells you a lot about the buyers. Glad that Shakib got an offer, but not pissed/surprised that Tamim didn't.

Would not have been much surprised if Shakib didn't bag a contract as well.

Night_wolf
January 9, 2011, 11:50 PM
if anybody deserves more to represent Bangladesh in any kind of cricketing fiesta its shakib...so let the bossman show everybody how its done..let shakib start the rejuvenation of BD cricketers in ipl...if he is successful...tamim's call will come

Tiger444
January 10, 2011, 12:03 AM
Tamim will get bought in next years edition of the IPL. So let's not get too down.

iDumb
January 10, 2011, 12:51 AM
this thread deserves the best song ever made in the history of music...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d5--Q26vTzg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d5--Q26vTzg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

shakibrulz
January 10, 2011, 01:14 AM
Irfan Pathan, who represented India last time in Feb 2009 got 1.9mil $, that tells you a lot about the buyers. Glad that Shakib got an offer, but not pissed/surprised that Tamim didn't.

Would not have been much surprised if Shakib didn't bag a contract as well.
Well franchisees will invest more in Indian players as they are always available and as 8 out of 11 players should be Indian.

Jadeja getting nearly 1 mil is a joke though :-p

Naimul_Hd
January 10, 2011, 01:26 AM
Well franchisees will invest more in Indian players as they are always available and as 8 out of 11 players should be Indian.

As far as i know, 4 foreign players are allowed to play in a match. so, the number of indian players is 7.

Jadeja getting nearly 1 mil is a joke though :-p

not only Jadeja, there are other player's prices are simply insane.

Banglaguy
January 10, 2011, 03:02 AM
Chillout, I didn't mean it like that. I am like the biggest ash hater, lol.
I knew he wasn't going to be bought but other people in this forum think ash not being bought is an important news. Just sharing sum news

I am relaxed, just, you didin't need to say that as 9/10 people wouldv'e guessed it :)

firstlane
January 10, 2011, 04:04 AM
As far as i know, 4 foreign players are allowed to play in a match. so, the number of indian players is 7.

I really wished 5 foreign players were allowed to play in a game. It would make matches more competitive and the bidding would have been more fair as well. Honestly, there are not enough quality indian players to fulfill the quota of 7 against the 4 other world class players for 10 teams. After all the objective of ipl is to make money, the slogan of developing young cricketers is bull's crap.

Night_wolf
January 10, 2011, 04:17 AM
this thread deserves the best song ever made in the history of music...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d5--Q26vTzg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d5--Q26vTzg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Trigger_Tiger
January 10, 2011, 11:22 AM

Litmus Communications and Red DOT were filming the new Polar Commercial at the Botanical Garden. They bought the cake as a gesture of appreciation. And that is that and nothing more.

reyme
January 10, 2011, 12:23 PM

I dont think so...these are smart folks! I bet there had been some serious underground gambling going on as who would make how much, who would remain unsold etc. I have a feeling a billion $ exchanged hands on betting on this IPL bidding...

Ever thought where all these money coming from to run the IPL teams/shows? Watch a movie called "Rat Race" and you will know what am I talking about...

In IPL cricket is secondary, to some extent, its about whitening and legalizing black money, gambling, commercials, pride....

this is just my speculation...

Trigger_Tiger
January 10, 2011, 04:16 PM
I
Ever thought where all these money coming from to run the IPL teams/shows? Watch a movie called "Rat Race" and you will know what am I talking about...

In IPL cricket is secondary, to some extent, its about whitening and legalizing black money, gambling, commercials, pride....

this is just my speculation...

I don't know why, but I cannot help but agree with you 100% on this issue. This years auction seems a little too...ridiculous? No Swann but Piyush Chawla bought for $950,000?! What a farce!

Back on topic, Tamim could have made a huge difference even if he was bought for his base price :)! But Dav's approach towards the KKR chemistry has been well planned out :)!

cricketboy
January 10, 2011, 04:27 PM
SRK on Ganguly's exclusion:
No IPL team possible in Kolkata without Sourav Ganguly: Shah Rukh

Link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/7251221.cms

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 11, 2011, 08:12 PM
it should be 800000 ! he is match winning player

Dilscoop
January 11, 2011, 08:27 PM
Have they signed him yet? Or those kiptas trying to do some kiptamis with him??

Rifat
January 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin :)(as much as i despise the IPL) This is a huge Achievement for Both Bangladesh and Shakib-al-Hasan.

I strongly feel that he will not be a benchwarmer, he should be a regular starter unless Bangladesh is busy playing ODI/Tests...

Dilscoop
January 11, 2011, 08:42 PM
This is a huge Achievement for Both Bangladesh and Shakib-al-Hasan.

Not really. I would be more happy if our players makes it to CC or Australian leagues. I despite how some of our players think it's a huge achievement to make it there.

Rifat
January 11, 2011, 08:47 PM
^^I believe Al-shariar Hossain Rokon(if you know who he is, an old school BD player) was invited once to play in New Zealand Team(some state team in NZ) don't know if he accepted it!

roman
January 11, 2011, 09:29 PM
^^I believe Al-shariar Hossain Rokon(if you know who he is, an old school BD player) was invited once to play in New Zealand Team(some state team in NZ) don't know if he accepted it!

He is in NZ now. He is a coach/player of a local team AFAIK

Ajfar
January 11, 2011, 10:12 PM
He is in NZ now. He is a coach/player of a local team AFAIK

He plays for Havelock North team in NZ. I stumbled upon his FB a while back and found out about this. This is the link to their website

<a href="http://www.sportsground.co.nz/ClubSite.asp?SiteID=4238&PageTypeID=1&PageID=15252
">Link</a>

Couple Pictures of Rokon from that site

http://www.sportsground.co.nz/files/Site/423/8/Gallery/101116195529PXFGWRON.jpg

http://www.sportsground.co.nz/files/Site/423/8/Gallery/101116195553LUKAMFTG.jpg

roman
January 11, 2011, 10:37 PM
^Good find brother

shakibrulz
January 11, 2011, 11:02 PM
Not really. I would be more happy if our players makes it to CC or Australian leagues. I despite how some of our players think it's a huge achievement to make it there.
IPL>Big bash, county t20 etc. The quality of opposition is much better if anything.
Obviously that is presuming you're not comparing IPL with first class cricket.

_Rafi_
January 12, 2011, 12:30 AM
IPL>Big bash, county t20 etc. The quality of opposition is much better if anything.

BigBash offers better cricket than IPL. Still Indian domestic players are no match with Australian domestic players. IPL is just more glamorous.

Night_wolf
January 12, 2011, 09:15 AM
He plays for Havelock North team in NZ. I stumbled upon his FB a while back and found out about this. This is the link to their website

<a href="http://www.sportsground.co.nz/ClubSite.asp?SiteID=4238&PageTypeID=1&PageID=15252
">Link</a>

Couple Pictures of Rokon from that site

http://www.sportsground.co.nz/files/Site/423/8/Gallery/101116195529PXFGWRON.jpg

http://www.sportsground.co.nz/files/Site/423/8/Gallery/101116195553LUKAMFTG.jpg

wow!..he is still wearing bd helmet!..nice to see..good find bro!

Night_wolf
January 12, 2011, 09:17 AM

what rafi vai said

shakibrulz
January 12, 2011, 09:45 AM
BigBash offers better cricket than IPL. Still Indian domestic players are no match with Australian domestic players. IPL is just more glamorous.
Quality of cricketers in IPL>>>Quality of cricketers in Big bash. More and more world class players under expert coaches play in IPL. Much more competitive than Big bash. I don't see how you can argue otherwise?

And Indian domestic players being no match for Aussies are debatable.

Tiger Manc
January 12, 2011, 10:01 AM
Well done Shakib!! I'm starting to like this IPL. A Bengali player, playing for a Bengali club and there's no match fixers in this tournament either. Woohoo!! :fanflag:

Dilscoop
January 12, 2011, 04:36 PM
To guys who thinks IPL provides better cricket, IPL is not even ABOUT cricket! How can it provide better cricket? What you are trying to say with a biased mindset is, IPL provides better entertainment, hangama, and fame. But NOT CRICKET, let alone better cricket. Starting with DLF Six, WMSKNDNJJSD Four. And what is up with the "strategic break" just to put out extra commercials? Ya, that's definitely better cricket. Not to mention the 30 yard boundary lines. IPL is prostitution of cricket.

And why the hell would you bring cheerleaders to CRICKET? We are trying to get rid of them from NFL!

Dilscoop
January 12, 2011, 04:37 PM
Rokon looks like right handed Tamim from those pictures.

pagol-chagol
January 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
KKK got someone to do Shakib's job in case they need 4 other foreigners to play.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/496507.html

Dilscoop
January 12, 2011, 05:00 PM
Kallis, Lee, Haddin, Morgan/Shakib. And now it will definitely be Morgan. I mean Shakib will probably get the 1st nod. Unless he performs really well, he will get the chop.

They should've gotten a Indian keeper!

pagol-chagol
January 12, 2011, 05:22 PM
Kallis, Lee, Haddin, Morgan/Shakib. And now it will definitely be Morgan. I mean Shakib will probably get the 1st nod. Unless he performs really well, he will get the chop.

They should've gotten a Indian keeper!

KKR has two Indian pacers who have played Test. That and age/injury will cut down on Lee's chance a lot.

Morgan will miss at least a few games:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/story/496192.html

Kallis is getting old too.

KKR is trying to get Hariana's wicket keeper which means they many not play Haddin every game. Haddin is too good to sit though.

Shakib won't get the Mash treatment unless he sucks.

Dilscoop
January 12, 2011, 05:32 PM
Kallis
Gambhir
Haddin
?
Morgan/Shakib
IPathan
?(Iqbal Abdulla)
Lee
Balaji
?
?

They are yet to name a Captain. Surely not Gambhir. I would've picked up Ganguly at 3, and play Haddin at 4

Ajfar
January 12, 2011, 05:45 PM
^ I think they already named Gambhir as the captain. According to some BD newspaper Gambhir said he is glad his team picked up Shakib.

dolcevita
January 12, 2011, 07:08 PM
Why people think shakib is in competition with morgan ?
Shakib was first selected for his ALL ROUND ability , unless i ignore Morgane can't bowls and without shakib their bowling sucks : lee is over

cricket_pagol
January 12, 2011, 07:21 PM
With Whatmore at the helm, I am confident that Shakib will get to play a lot of games and play a match winning role in many of them as well!

wiseshah
January 12, 2011, 07:56 PM
he is not only picked, i believe he will play every single match unlike ash, razzaq and mashrafe. hopefully to see his performances, IPL will sign more BD players in next IPL

sabbir, alok, tamim, nazimuddin, nadif, najmul hossain milon --all are good T20 players or atleast have potential to become one.

KKR line up will be like this

Gambhir (C)
kallis
monoj tiwari
eoin morgan
shakib al hasan
yousuf pathan
wkt keeper ()
bret lee
balaji
iqbal abdullah
jaidev undakat

Holden
January 12, 2011, 07:59 PM
Shakib should get games as he is their main spinner

shakibrulz
January 12, 2011, 11:01 PM
To guys who thinks IPL provides better cricket, IPL is not even ABOUT cricket! How can it provide better cricket? What you are trying to say with a biased mindset is, IPL provides better entertainment, hangama, and fame. But NOT CRICKET, let alone better cricket. Starting with DLF Six, WMSKNDNJJSD Four. And what is up with the "strategic break" just to put out extra commercials? Ya, that's definitely better cricket. Not to mention the 30 yard boundary lines. IPL is prostitution of cricket.

And why the hell would you bring cheerleaders to CRICKET? We are trying to get rid of them from NFL!
Ahaha, good luck with your stereotypes :-D Can't defend that. T20 is a wh*re but that is the same for county and big bash t20 series. Among all those IPL is the best without a doubt.

wiseshah
January 12, 2011, 11:20 PM
Ahaha, good luck with your stereotypes :-D Can't defend that. T20 is a wh*re but that is the same for county and big bash t20 series. Among all those IPL is the best without a doubt.

agree with u and shakib will definitely be in their main game plan unlikely mash treatement. shakib is their main player, even his chances to play in the main Xi is more than kallis. i think 4 foreign quota will be filled by

shakib--allrounder
kallis--al rounder
morgan
lee/dutch guy (ryan ten....) or if they dont have keeper then haddin

they have some domestic pacer, plus kallis can bowl 4 over without any problem

shakib is number 1 allrounder, number 3 ODI bowler, top ten test bowler, top 3 test allrounder, top 20 ODI batsman---- what else u want or need to be part of a club teams main XI

Jadukor
January 12, 2011, 11:56 PM
Shakib is in a favorable position along with Kallis because he can be used as a top order batter as well as a primary bowler. Surely he will get more games...and with the kind of champion player he is..he will be a success

Cricket is a team sport... and playing as a unit matters more than individual brilliances. What IPL does is that it brings in brilliant individuals with big bucks under one squad but can they play as a unit as effectively as an international side would? I dont think so... even in Champions League its quite evident... local aussie teams comprised of local players play with much more unity and as a team. So in my opinion IPL standard would be always below International standard for this reason...

As for the commercialization of IPL... i don't think common people care too much about cheerleaders and actresses... unless cricket is the long term focus and biggest selling point of IPL... at somepoint viewer interest is bound to go down... and with the kind of money they are spending it will bite them in the *ss big time.

wiseshah
January 13, 2011, 12:06 AM
Shakib is in a favorable position along with Kallis because he can be used as a top order batter as well as a primary bowler. Surely he will get more games...and with the kind of champion player he is..he will be a success

Cricket is a team sport... and playing as a unit matters more than individual brilliances. What IPL does is that it brings in brilliant individuals with big bucks under one squad but can they play as a unit as effectively as an international side would? I dont think so... even in Champions League its quite evident... local aussie teams comprised of local players play with much more unity and as a team. So in my opinion IPL standard would be always below International standard for this reason...

As for the commercialization of IPL... i don't think common people care too much about cheerleaders and actresses... unelss cricket is the long term focus and biggest selling point of IPL... at somepoint viewer interest is bound to go down... and with the kind of money they are spending it will bite them in the *ss big time.

thats why they perform so poor in champions league: when west indies club team or aussie or saf team always rocks

Night_wolf
January 13, 2011, 01:21 AM

c'mon bro!...being biased has a limit right?:) (edit: on another note being biased has no limit when comes to ur country!..dispatch my 1st words:) )

anyway i see kkr signing their uncapped players back(http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/496507.html)..why?..beyond my logic...their indian players sucked bigtime last 3 seasons..

Dilscoop
January 13, 2011, 02:39 AM

Stereotypes? Bro what I had posted are bunch of facts from IPL. Tell me one that that was a lie. Can't defend that? More like can't be defended, because you can't fight the facts.

I have nothing against IPL. But I don't watch it for exciting cricket, I watch it for fun, for the colors, for the "melting pot" it creates with players from all around the world. I watch it to learn some new faces, such as Nannes (he is the only valuable one I can think of). It's like watching a movie that you know is going to be bad, but you watch it any ways to kill time or to see your fav. actors. But not for the plot.

shakibrulz
January 13, 2011, 04:30 AM
Stereotypes? Bro what I had posted are bunch of facts from IPL. Tell me one that that was a lie. Can't defend that? More like can't be defended, because you can't fight the facts.

I have nothing against IPL. But I don't watch it for exciting cricket, I watch it for fun, for the colors, for the "melting pot" it creates with players from all around the world. I watch it to learn some new faces, such as Nannes (he is the only valuable one I can think of). It's like watching a movie that you know is going to be bad, but you watch it any ways to kill time or to see your fav. actors. But not for the plot.
Please gimme one valid reason why big bash is better than IPL? Yeah IPL is all glam and fluff but you can't hold that point against the quality of cricket played in IPL surely? IPL is much more competitive than big bash, end of.

And poor analogy, in cricket quality of cricketers = quality of cricket.

shakibrulz
January 13, 2011, 04:32 AM
c'mon bro!...being biased has a limit right?:) (edit: on another note being biased has no limit when comes to ur country!..dispatch my 1st words:) )

anyway i see kkr signing their uncapped players back(http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/content/current/story/496507.html)..why?..beyond my logic...their indian players sucked bigtime last 3 seasons..
Would love to hear reasons except 'it's IPL, it got to suck?'

"We needed a specialist Indian spinner to accompany Shakib [al Hasan] and Yusuf Pathan and we are happy to get Iqbal," a Kolkata spokesperson said.
Means we'll get to see more of shakib surely? Hurray :D

Haru-party
January 13, 2011, 06:05 AM
IPL- got shakib
Big Bash-hasnt got shakib
but, shakib>all the cricketers of the world
so, Ipl>Big Bash (proved) :D

lamisa
January 13, 2011, 09:13 AM
^^^iqbal who?

jashan83
January 14, 2011, 02:58 AM

It is sad that they just bought Shakib and no other player. But calling them retards:lol:. Dude the people sitting over there represent companies whose turnover is more than GDP of Bangladesh:-| :(.

I read articles in their media, cricinfo and tried to put some logic about the decision
1. Indian and foreign players should not be compared in prices. There are 10 teams. Each can have 4 foreign players and 7 Indian Players. That means total 40 Foreign Players and 70 Indian players required
2. There were 40 capped Indian players. So 40 required for 70 places. Loads of competition. High prices. Rest have to be filled by uncapped players
3. 40 foreign slots out of 310 Players. So Supply > Demand. There were loads of choices. Only the best to be picked. Having a choice on foreign players around 70 can be picked out of 310. Still loads of choices
4. 6 Australian Coaches. They know their local teams very well. When they advise I know Christian is very good, but have just heard of Tamim, the Franchisee will listen to him. That reflected high no of Australians.
5. We have not been good marketers of our players. The ICC page, media here in Kenya where I am, is talking of Lara, Gayles, English players not being picked. No one is talking of bangladeshi players :sick:
6. And yes, emotion also played a part. There was a hitch in bidding for players. When one bid then chain reaction followed.

The Franchisee can go for contract in between also. I am sure after the good performance by our players in World Cup. many will be picked up and contracted. We know South Asian pitches better than those Australians

ma_o_mati
January 14, 2011, 03:10 AM
I guess loitta kamal is the happiest man on earth now...

Naimul_Hd
January 14, 2011, 05:17 AM
By contrast the "made in Bangladesh" tag doesn't seem to have the same strength, as we saw with the extraordinary lack of interest in Tamim Iqbal, one of my earliest picks. Again, this is a matter of evolution. We in India have long suffered from the "made in India" tag. Time and performance will change that perception for Bangladeshi players. Already Shakib Al Hasan is emerging as a wonderful ambassador.

Harsha Bhogle- Decoding the auction (http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/496593.html)

dolcevita
January 14, 2011, 06:34 AM
Harsha Bhogle- Decoding the auction (http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/496593.html)

Good point

MarufH
January 18, 2011, 01:58 PM
ANyone watching Yusuf batting today??? I am happy Shakib will have Yusuf Pathan batting him in the nets. It will make him much better bowler and ofcourse glad he isn't playing against him in IPL. :saint: