PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vaughan Hails Bangladesh Players

LBW103
January 10, 2011, 07:07 AM
"I have not seen an England team dominate like this. Even in Bangladesh we have not won Test matches in this fashion. Bangladesh have put up a fight and a piece of reality for Australian cricket is that four Bangladeshi players would get into their Test team. Tamim Iqbal would open the batting. Shakib Al Hasan would be the spinner, Mohammad Ashraful would be number six and bowl some leg breaks and Shahadat Hossain would open the bowling. Get real Australia. That is where you are at."

Full story here: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/englands-biggest-test-will-come-against-india-20110109-19jx9.html

Akib
January 10, 2011, 07:13 AM
I think the last two might be pushing it.... But I understand where he is coming from. That was one weak Aussie squad.

LBW103
January 10, 2011, 07:16 AM
I think the last two might be pushing it.... But I understand where he is coming from. That was one weak Aussie squad.

Yeah not least as ASH and SHAHADAT aren't even in our team! But isn't it great that BD gets some positive acknowledgement at last?

dash
January 10, 2011, 07:23 AM
thats just rubbbing it into the wound when he speaks about "ash and shahadat"

IanW
January 10, 2011, 07:33 AM
I think someone needs to tell him Ash turned to the dark side and is now an offie ... and I wouldnt pick him at 6 for Australia (I'd pick him over Smith though).

Honestly, I'd pick Shaiful ahead of Shahadat, and I could easily slot him or Rubel into the Australian attack.

_Rafi_
January 10, 2011, 07:35 AM
Vaughan has his own agenda against Aussie. He meant Australia has become as bad as BD. Not much hailing. But I am still happy that our name are not coming in negative way like 2-3years earliar.

Naimul_Hd
January 10, 2011, 07:50 AM
adding Ashraful and Shahadat's name into the list is nothing but just to add insult to the injury of Aussies. :)

beshideshi
January 10, 2011, 08:57 AM
Shahadat is actually a very decent pacer in tests, when he gets his rhythm he can be unbelievably lethal. Remember his 6fer against SAF in Mirpur?

But Ashraful one was pushing things a bit too far, he would make the Aus team at his peak, not now. Anyways, great to hear ex-English captain taking notice of Bangladeshi performers.

ialbd
January 10, 2011, 09:00 AM
adding Ashraful and Shahadat's name into the list is nothing but just to add insult to the injury of Aussies. :)

that seems to be the Vaughan's idea...

I hope Ashraful doesnt make a printout of this article, laminate it, and wear it around his neck from now on....

amar11432
January 10, 2011, 09:09 AM

I hope Ashraful doesnt make a printout of this article, laminate it, and wear it around his neck from now on....

:floor:

BanCricFan
January 10, 2011, 09:10 AM

Lol...nice one :)

Equinox
January 10, 2011, 09:12 AM
I thought he was going somewhere till I read "Ashraful at 6" lol. The guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Maybe Riyad but Ash haha.... This shows why we shouldn't always take the opinions of ex-cricketers at face value. The bit about Shahadat too Is nonsense.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

beshideshi
January 10, 2011, 09:14 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/sport/cricket/peter-roebucks-2010-world-xi/20101223-196h9.html

Also from SMH, Shakib in the world XI, albeit as the 12th man :-P

IanW
January 10, 2011, 09:23 AM
Smith vs Ashraful at six ... Smith vs Ashraful ... Smith versus Ashraful ...

NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

I choose SANITY ! To bat at six, I choose WOLVERINE !!!! HUGH JACKMAN AT SIX !

BanCricFan
January 10, 2011, 09:25 AM
Shahadat is actually a very decent pacer in tests, when he gets his rhythm he can be unbelievably lethal. Remember his 6fer against SAF in Mirpur?

Shahadat actually is a very underrated Test bowler. You're absolutely right about him getting into a rhythm and becoming almost unplayable...even in our dead tracks. Lets not forget his 5-fer against India in Chittagong when he and Shakib shot out Tendulkar, Dravid and Co for less than 240.

Its a shame he never had an effective fellow pacer to hunt down together in a tandem. Mash was injured most of the time. He also didn't have much opportunity to bowl in the 4th innings thanks to the failings and stupidity of our batsmen.

cricket_king
January 10, 2011, 09:27 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/sport/cricket/peter-roebucks-2010-world-xi/20101223-196h9.html

LOL @ Brad Haddin in the World XI. Epic lulz.

ahnaf
January 10, 2011, 09:46 AM
Shahadat actually is a very underrated Test bowler. You're absolutely right about him getting into a rhythm and becoming almost unplayable...even in our dead tracks. Lets not forget his 5-fer against India in Chittagong when he and Shakib shot out Tendulkar, Dravid and Co for less than 240.

Its a shame he never had an effective fellow pacer to hunt down together in a tandem. Mash was injured most of the time. He also didn't have much opportunity to bowl in the 4th innings thanks to the failings and stupidity of our batsmen.

well said..

Reaz
January 10, 2011, 09:48 AM
"This is high time that teams like Australia should be relegated to the second tier.
They are a disgrace as a Test team.
Test cricket is being disgraced by teams like Australia and loosing its sanity".

How do you feel.........
Mr. Ian Chappell
Cricket Australia CEO
Australian yellow journalists

Giving your sluts back to you.

Zeeshan
January 10, 2011, 09:55 AM
Sometimes we are so horny for news that we have to EXTRACT someline from something called...yeah SMH to open headlines about it.

smh

Kabir
January 10, 2011, 09:58 AM
What's shocking is how not a single person understood the mockery in Mike's statement.

Zeeshan
January 10, 2011, 10:04 AM
What's shocking is how not a single person understood the mockery in Mike's statement.

Hey how come you stole the OP's avy?

Baundule
January 10, 2011, 10:13 AM
It is more of bashing Australia than praising us. In some extent, it is bashing us as well. Our players have been used as the standard to show how 'weak' a team is, not to show how 'strong'.

Naimul_Hd
January 10, 2011, 10:19 AM

nope. I asked Michael Vaughan to know whether his intention was to mock our players (specially when he mentioned about Tamim and Shakib). He was rather fumed at me to hear that question. And asked us not to find double meaning of every single comment. He really meant it. :(

now, thats shocking !

bangla-red
January 10, 2011, 10:33 AM
Vaughan is such a idiot :facepalm:. Strong chance that he's trolling.

Ashraful and Shahadat can't even get into our team! Maybe he just saw Shahadat's 5 wicket haul and remembers Ash's 100 and 94 in 2005. :S

betaar
January 10, 2011, 10:55 AM
Vaughan is such a idiot :facepalm:. Strong chance that he's trolling.

Ashraful and Shahadat can't even get into our team! Maybe he just saw Shahadat's 5 wicket haul and remembers Ash's 100 and 94 in 2005. :S

Exactly!!!
Some people are making too much out of this statement of his. He just lacks the knowledge on current BD team. He only remembers Tamim because of his back to back centuries against Eng, then Shakib being the captain and the world #1 all rounder is hard to forget, then he went as far back as 2005 to remember Ash for his freakish brilliance and then remembered Shahadat for his fifer at Lord's. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=<o:p></o:p>
And his statement of Eng not doing so well in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=Bangladesh</st1:country-region> against <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> also does not reflect the fact that Eng didn't even have their best team and didn't play with the same intensity. Playing against BD in BD is nothing but a responsibility they feel to carry out where as Ash's is something else, it makes or beaks a player's carrier.<o:p></o:p>

aklemalp
January 10, 2011, 10:56 AM
he's just comparing the lowest ranked test team to the ausssies at present,i hope that more should be heard about our players in the futures,like in the west indies where if it was not for me then there would not have been a following of tiger cricket,a couple of guys in my village are supporting the mighty tigers,can't wait until the world cup,all the best tigers

BanCricFan
January 10, 2011, 11:11 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=<o:p></o:p>
And his statement of Eng not doing so well in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region alt=</st1:country-region>Bangladesh against <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> also does not reflect the fact that Eng didn't even have their best team and didn't play with the same intensity. Playing against BD in BD is nothing but a responsibility they feel to carry out where as Ash's is something else, it makes or beaks a player's carrier.<o:p></o:p>

Man you must be one proud Bangladeshi supporter! Who needs enemy from the outside!

If you had followed the last Eng tour of BD closely you would have realized that BD was robbed in broad daylight of a certain victory by those scumbags of umpires.

Here is something to refreash your memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSquIsdJps&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5K_RHoqyz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbhcZ8eiTJ8&feature=related

Ajfar
January 10, 2011, 11:19 AM
After all these years of being pushed around now that ENG finally has a team to brag about they are making the most of it. Can't really blame them for it.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

shakibrulz
January 10, 2011, 11:22 AM
What the heck? Ashraful and Shahadat would hardly make it to BD XI itself. Vaughan is just trying to add insult to the injury imo.

That said, I disagree with whoever said BD didn't do well. They almost had England in all sorts in the 2nd test as the poster above me mentioned. Also nearly drew the lords test.

Tiger-ess
January 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
Michael Vaughn doesnt know s**t about bangladesh cricket. And his inclusion of ashraful (who troubled england in 2005) and to a certain extent shahadat just proves how knowledge deprived he is from bangladesh's progress in world cricket. I agree he's intentions are nothing but to insult the aussies when he makes a statement like this. This is the same man who was laughing along and agreeing with when that geoff boycott questioned bangladesh's ability in test cricket and called for us to be removed. I saw with my own two eyes !!!!!!!

Dilscoop
January 10, 2011, 12:23 PM
What the hell. He is not "hailing" Bangladesh. He is just insulting the Oz.

It is just so easyyy to buy Bangla-heart with sweet talk.

roman
January 10, 2011, 12:48 PM
How is this hailing BD? He is just trying to abuse AUS by comparing the OZ team to the worst team (according to him). This is like adding salt to the wound. I would not think this way if he had mentioned something about Rubel or shafiul. he mentioned Ash, Shahadat who have lost their form long time ago which stipulates that he got ZERO knowledge about our cricket.

betaar
January 10, 2011, 01:30 PM
Man you must be one proud Bangladeshi supporter! Who needs enemy from the outside!

If you had followed the last Eng tour of BD closely you would have realized that BD was robbed in broad daylight of a certain victory by those scumbags of umpires.

Here is something to refreash your memory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSquIsdJps&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5K_RHoqyz0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbhcZ8eiTJ8&feature=related

Dude, I have wathced all matches of BD-Eng and always try to do so when it comes Bangladesh cricket.
You are missing the point. Even if BD won all the mathces, it still doesn't hide the reality. Eng didn't have their best 11 and did not play the game with the same level of intensity as they played with the Ozies, period. Just go and compare England's build up of Ashes with any other series, you wil understand what I mean.

Just because I don't support blindly doesn't make me any less of a supporter of BD cricket than anyone else. Peace.

simon
January 10, 2011, 01:43 PM
Shahadat is definitely our most successful Test bowler,when he gets going he is really good.
But Ash shld be out of any equation.
Ya I also think Ash will now print it & then show it BCB & Siddons & ask them to let him play the WC :-D

Murad
January 10, 2011, 01:51 PM
Lol. Ash er naam shunlei dekhi BC shodossho der lom kharai jai :-D

Roni_uk
January 10, 2011, 02:45 PM
Michael Vaughan does not complement Bangladesh. He referred us as 'these lot' during Lords' Test - first day. His statement was "'Eng should not drop catches against 'these lot'"... anyone but not 'these lot'".... such an idiot.

mij
January 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
Michael Vaughn doesnt know s**t about bangladesh cricket. And his inclusion of ashraful (who troubled england in 2005) and to a certain extent shahadat just proves how knowledge deprived he is from bangladesh's progress in world cricket. I agree he's intentions are nothing but to insult the aussies when he makes a statement like this. This is the same man who was laughing along and agreeing with when that geoff boycott questioned bangladesh's ability in test cricket and called for us to be removed. I saw with my own two eyes !!!!!!!

:up:

Murad
January 10, 2011, 04:10 PM
Michael Vaughan does not complement Bangladesh. He referred us as 'these lot' during Lords' Test - first day. His statement was "'Eng should not drop catches against 'these lot'"... anyone but not 'these lot'".... such an idiot.
he is a hadharam. no one cares about his opinions.

godzilla
January 10, 2011, 07:31 PM
If I made a comment like 'even (x) Afgani players can make into the Bangladesh team'. What that really means is that the likes/quality of Afgan and BD is similar. M vaugh did not make a complement. I hope you understand this.

beshideshi
January 10, 2011, 08:12 PM
If I made a comment like 'even (x) Afgani players can make into the Bangladesh team'. What that really means is that the likes/quality of Afgan and BD is similar. M vaugh did not make a complement. I hope you understand this.

If you say something like that, it means that the Afghan player(s) is good enough to play in a test team and that is a compliment to the Afghan player as well as an insult to the Bangladesh team.

I agree that Vaughan's main idea was to insult Australia and rub it in their faces, but if you are going to insult someone, compare them with the worst team in the competition, which happens to be Bangladesh.

But few things he said is complementing Bangladesh, like how we fought England hard in both home tests and in the Lords test. Australia lost 3 of the 5 matches within 2 days, the remaining days were just to determine the margin of the victory. In contrast, Bangladesh were well in the game even on the 4th day in the 1st home test, were on top till day 3 in the second test. Fought hard till 5th day in Lords, where draw was a possible result even on 5th day morning, only the old trafford test was one sided after we fell short of the follow on target by 3-4 runs. In that context, Bangladesh did do equally good(bad) as Australia.

Also, we have to admit that these fellas dont even look at cricinfo or check on Bangladesh until their team plays us. Which happens to be 2005 and 2010 for Vaughan, and he picked the best performers from those series.

And about England not picking their best XI against Bangladesh, England have been doing this "rotation" for a while and have done this against all the teams. So no need to belittle our achievements by saying it wasn't a first choice team.

Naimul_Hd
January 10, 2011, 08:17 PM
^ agreed. I doubt most of the members even read the main article. They commented out of context.

Night_wolf
January 10, 2011, 08:34 PM

from the article:
it's going to be XII this year because balance is needed and, besides, the extra place goes to a deserving and unsung contender

jisaan
January 11, 2011, 02:45 AM
How is this hailing BD? He is just trying to abuse AUS by comparing the OZ team to the worst team (according to him). This is like adding salt to the wound. I would not think this way if he had mentioned something about Rubel or shafiul. he mentioned Ash, Shahadat who have lost their form long time ago which stipulates that he got ZERO knowledge about our cricket.

serously, i don't like such 'compliments'
these are 'insult-in-disguise'

desirocker
January 11, 2011, 01:43 PM
:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor: achrafool

SMHasan
January 12, 2011, 01:10 AM
I think someone needs to tell him Ash turned to the dark side and is now an offie ... and I wouldnt pick him at 6 for Australia (I'd pick him over Smith though).

Honestly, I'd pick Shaiful ahead of Shahadat, and I could easily slot him or Rubel into the Australian attack.

I think Mr Vaughan forgot that Ashraful became an Australian long time ago. Otherwsie he wouldn't have picked Ash :)

lamisa
January 12, 2011, 08:47 AM

:floor: :floor:

Kabir
January 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hey how come you stole the OP's avy?

I made my own out of a white background and modified the motion, and am tired of saying that. Look at both and see the difference.