PDA

View Full Version : BC Site architecture thoughts

cluster11
January 13, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hi,
This is a question for BC support/admin/developer group. I think BC used to run on phpBB. Is that still the case? If so, have you guys considered transitioning BC site to a CMS like Joomla or Wordpress? It maybe a large effort or not-so-large effort but a CMS based site will make publishing/editing and adding plugins much easier. I know Wordpress also integrates with phpBB so the entire forum-based site can stay intact as well. I would love to volunteer for any such project if admin/developers show interest.

thx,
rashid

Zunaid
January 13, 2011, 12:52 PM
Rashid - pm me with your contact num. Let's talk. Btw, we use vbulletin, which is a commercial package. Rest of the site is built on handcrafted php over mySql. When I designed the look and feel for the site, I tried to make it easily automatable. The three main backend guys are Mahmmood, Nasif and myself. Nasif and Mahmood are the heavy lifters, while I have mostly been the bridge between the front and back-end. We had considered going a CMS route but the amount of time needed to port all the content has been daunting. We had been more focused on getting a stat database up and running but even that is prey to our day jobs.

Lets talk!

cluster11
January 13, 2011, 02:23 PM
Thx Zuniad Bhai for the quick reply. I have sent you a PM with the info and some brief thoughts.