PDA

View Full Version : Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh) Vs Harbhajan Singh (India)

Shamim Mia
January 14, 2011, 01:56 PM
I think this two will play a great part in the upcoming world cup, as the Asian stadium are spin friendly, we can hope to see this two spinners performing well. But who will perform better or who will win the spin contest. I believe other spin players will do well such as Daniel Vettori but not as well as Shakib al Hasan for Bangladesh and Harbhajan Singh for India. This is because Daniel Vettori finds it hard to take wickets in the Asian continents. But we will find out soon who is the best Shakib or Harbhajan as the battle is nearing between this two world class spinners. Wait and see Bangladesh VS India. Good Luck Shakib)). I also have hope for Abdur Razzak).

Dilscoop
January 14, 2011, 03:11 PM
This is a Banglacricket forum.

(I didn't know Swann's middle name was Peter, lol!)

Shamim Mia
January 14, 2011, 03:15 PM

well now you know lol

Murad
January 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
Ojha/Herath/Razzak

Shamim Mia
January 14, 2011, 03:22 PM
Ojha/Herath/Razzak

are you sure about your selection?

I have not heard about them making any impact like shakib or vettori?

simon
January 14, 2011, 04:25 PM
Ya,Rzq shld hv been there.

Night_wolf
January 14, 2011, 09:27 PM
lets see what swann do..

kalpurush
January 14, 2011, 10:00 PM
lets see what swann do..
He will do good against all the "sada" team in the subcontinent IMHO:)

rinathq
January 14, 2011, 11:41 PM
i dunt see how thats even worth a poll........ :(
every other bowler except Harbjan and Shak are out of sub continent bowlers.... unless there are miracles, they will not perform nearly as well as Shak and will get destroyed by Asian batsmen!

Between Shak and Harbajan........... well obviously Shak... and India is not even counting on their spin attack...... if they win, it will be on batting........... thats it!
But there should have been Murali, Herath, Mendis, Razzaq on the poll............

shakibrulz
January 15, 2011, 02:58 AM
Voted for shak, but have a bad feeling that shak is gonna fail with the bat and leak runs. :(
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Night_wolf
January 15, 2011, 03:19 AM
Voted for shak, but have a bad feeling that shak is gonna fail with the bat and leak runs. :(
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

:shh:

zainab
January 15, 2011, 06:42 AM
Sakib has lost a bit of form in his bowling, hope tht he finds it before the WC. India plays well against spin.

lamisa
January 15, 2011, 07:07 AM
harbajan isn't much of a threat given his recent form...

WarWolf
January 15, 2011, 07:28 AM
All on a sudden I had a wild thought in my mind.

Is Shammim Mia Shakib Al Hasan himself in disguise?

Shamim Mia
January 15, 2011, 07:49 AM
i dunt see how thats even worth a poll........ :(
every other bowler except Harbjan and Shak are out of sub continent bowlers.... unless there are miracles, they will not perform nearly as well as Shak and will get destroyed by Asian batsmen!

Between Shak and Harbajan........... well obviously Shak... and India is not even counting on their spin attack...... if they win, it will be on batting........... thats it!
But there should have been Murali, Herath, Mendis, Razzaq on the poll............

sorry brother, i did not include the players you wanted becuase they did not make an impact in 2010, murali did not play well so did herath, mendis and razzak only with zim.

the other players like shakib all round, swann excellent for england, Harbhajan excellent for india great 7 wicket with SA recently and Daniel Vettori still leading the ODI ranking.

Shamim Mia
January 15, 2011, 07:50 AM
harbajan isn't much of a threat given his recent form...

recent form, are you watching the series against SA, the beautiful 7 wickets he took, this guy is on fire at the moment.

tiger1000
January 15, 2011, 08:53 AM
Swann is the best spinner in the world.

Banglaguy
January 15, 2011, 09:35 AM
Swann has the lowest economy and lowest avereage followed by....
Shakib. These two are the main competitors I think, and Daniel Cettori we won't have to worry about as he isn't in our group :)

Nafi
January 15, 2011, 09:43 AM
This is one of the best finger spin balls, ive ever seen, too bad, he could never do it again :D

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LC1aNdCM9Fk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LC1aNdCM9Fk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ashfaq
January 15, 2011, 09:46 AM
Underrate Swann at your own peril. Miles ahead of Harbhajan atm.

Ananna
January 15, 2011, 11:48 PM
Swann is the best spinner in the world.

I second it.

lamisa
January 16, 2011, 10:12 AM

the only man who could be second to swann is shakib.harbajan...i don't really know

Baundule
January 16, 2011, 10:37 AM
are you sure about your selection?

I have not heard about them making any impact like shakib or vettori?
Beside opening poll threads do you follow Bangladesh cricket? Can you remember that recently we had a series against Zimbabwe?

shakibrulz
January 16, 2011, 10:47 AM
No he isn't.

Shamim Mia
January 16, 2011, 11:35 AM
Beside opening poll threads do you follow Bangladesh cricket? Can you remember that recently we had a series against Zimbabwe?

Ofcourse brother, I did watch the series.

Shamim Mia
January 16, 2011, 11:40 AM
Swann recently bowled against Australi in the first ODI, 10 overs, 42 runs and took 1 wicket!,
Harbhajan Singh bowled against South Africa in the second ODI, 10 overs, 32 runs and took 1 wicket!

Baundule
January 17, 2011, 04:09 AM
Ofcourse brother, I did watch the series.
Then how could you miss Razzak?:confused:

Shamim Mia
January 17, 2011, 07:47 AM
Then how could you miss Razzak?:confused:

that is becuase not a lot of people respect razzak becuase they think he is not a proper spin bowler, I have friends both english, Indian, they say Razzak is not a good bowler. furthermore they say he only performs well with lower ICC teams not top like Shakib does.

Baundule
January 17, 2011, 09:22 AM
that is becuase not a lot of people respect razzak becuase they think he is not a proper spin bowler, I have friends both english, Indian, they say Razzak is not a good bowler. furthermore they say he only performs well with lower ICC teams not top like Shakib does.
It is alarming that we need certificates from the British and the Indians about Razzak's ability. The guy has got 162 ODI wickets at a very good 26 runs per wicket with an extra-ordinary economy rate of 4.44.

lamisa
January 17, 2011, 09:34 AM
^^^ +1

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 10:23 AM
That response really should be ++++++1. Are we suffering from so much inferiority complex that we need external certification? The numbers speak loud and clear.

LateCut
January 17, 2011, 01:34 PM
I voted for Swan. I think he is slighly better than shak but Shak is way better batsman.

auntu
January 17, 2011, 02:39 PM
[বাংলা]অনেক দিন পরে শামীম মিয়ার পোল সুতা দেখে আনন্দে চোখে পানি চলে আসলো।
আহা! আহা! [/বাংলা]

Shamim Mia
January 17, 2011, 02:51 PM
It is alarming that we need certificates from the British and the Indians about Razzak's ability. The guy has got 162 ODI wickets at a very good 26 runs per wicket with an extra-ordinary economy rate of 4.44.

and what is the average and economy before the zim series?

thanks

Shamim Mia
January 17, 2011, 02:53 PM
That response really should be ++++++1. Are we suffering from so much inferiority complex that we need external certification? The numbers speak loud and clear.

Boss, can you take all the zimbabwe matches away from razzaks career and tell me what you have number wise please. thank you.

BASSMAN
January 17, 2011, 02:59 PM

His intials are GPS

dolcevita
January 17, 2011, 03:23 PM
Abdur Razzak gonna shine
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Ajfar
January 17, 2011, 03:28 PM
Razzak is the bowling version of SN before ICL era. Check this out, last year all together he got 29 wickets. Of which 13 of them are against Zim, 2 against Ireland. If you take out the Zim and Ireland series, he played 16 matches against G8 teams last year. So in those 16 matches he collected 14 wickets. That's less than 1 wicket per game. Take out the Zim series and Razzak probably won't even be on the list of top 15 bowlers from last year.

In October/November of 2009 we had a 5 match series against Zim in BD. In those 5 matches Razzak collected 15 wickets all together, 3, 5, 2, 2, 3. One would say Razzak was in great form at the end of the 2009. Come January 2010 we participated in the tri sereis against India, and Srilanka. And guess what, Razzak went Wicket less. I rest my case.

Baundule
January 17, 2011, 04:14 PM
Doing an S. Rajesh is not always the best thing to judge a player. 14 wickets in 16 matches against the so-called G8 is not bad. It is not Razzak's fault that he played most of the matches against Zimbabwe, our schedule dictates that.

Against the G8 he has taken 71 wickets at 39.91 with RR 4.97 with a SR of 48 balls per wicket.
That for Shakib is ............63 wickets at 35.84 with RR 4.65 with a SR of 46 balls per wicket
Harbhajan....................204 wickets at 33.95 with RR 4.37 with a SR of 46.5 balls per wicket
Vettori........................213 wickets at 34.83 with RR 4.21 with a SR of 49.6 balls per wicket
Swann..........................50 wickets at 26.12 with RR 4.61 with a SR of 34 balls per wicket

So, when you do an S. Rajesh, not only Razzak but also all those greats are affected.

For Razzak vs. Shakib, Razzak started his career for Bangladesh more than two years before Shak. When a team improves, the stats of its players also look better. Shakib with his allround ability is the most important man in our team. Razzak had a big boss in Rafique and most of the time has been the second or third important (after Mash and Rafique) bowler in the team. He has suffered from in jury and changing his bowling action after the Chucking allegation as well. Shakib is the product of a newer generation. If you consider all these facts, as a bowler, he is easily comparable to Shakib.

Shamim Mia
January 18, 2011, 04:37 AM
Razzak is the bowling version of SN before ICL era. Check this out, last year all together he got 29 wickets. Of which 13 of them are against Zim, 2 against Ireland. If you take out the Zim and Ireland series, he played 16 matches against G8 teams last year. So in those 16 matches he collected 14 wickets. That's less than 1 wicket per game. Take out the Zim series and Razzak probably won't even be on the list of top 15 bowlers from last year.

In October/November of 2009 we had a 5 match series against Zim in BD. In those 5 matches Razzak collected 15 wickets all together, 3, 5, 2, 2, 3. One would say Razzak was in great form at the end of the 2009. Come January 2010 we participated in the tri sereis against India, and Srilanka. And guess what, Razzak went Wicket less. I rest my case.

haha where is the boss now, Junaid Bhai I am waiting for your reply, you still think he is great lol

Shamim Mia
January 18, 2011, 04:45 AM
Doing an S. Rajesh is not always the best thing to judge a player. 14 wickets in 16 matches against the so-called G8 is not bad. It is not Razzak's fault that he played most of the matches against Zimbabwe, our schedule dictates that.

Against the G8 he has taken 71 wickets at 39.91 with RR 4.97 with a SR of 48 balls per wicket.
That for Shakib is ............63 wickets at 35.84 with RR 4.65 with a SR of 46 balls per wicket
Harbhajan....................204 wickets at 33.95 with RR 4.37 with a SR of 46.5 balls per wicket
Vettori........................213 wickets at 34.83 with RR 4.21 with a SR of 49.6 balls per wicket
Swann..........................50 wickets at 26.12 with RR 4.61 with a SR of 34 balls per wicket

So, when you do an S. Rajesh, not only Razzak but also all those greats are affected.

For Razzak vs. Shakib, Razzak started his career for Bangladesh more than two years before Shak. When a team improves, the stats of its players also look better. Shakib with his allround ability is the most important man in our team. Razzak had a big boss in Rafique and most of the time has been the second or third important (after Mash and Rafique) bowler in the team. He has suffered from in jury and changing his bowling action after the Chucking allegation as well. Shakib is the product of a newer generation. If you consider all these facts, as a bowler, he is easily comparable to Shakib.

well everyone wants razzak to do well, but what if he does not do well, what reason do you have to safe him lol, we had many reasons with ashraful, but he is much better than ashraful I agree. abdur Razzak can not be compared with real spin bowlers sorry. most of his games are with Zim take that away, his left with nofthing.

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 06:08 AM
^u r being stubborn with razzak as i'm with ash..just look at the stats provided by baundule vai..it doesn't contain stats vs zim or associates..do u see that much difference with others?..razzak's record isnt that bad barring swann

Shamim Mia
January 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
South africa Vs India, 3 ODI, Harbhajan Singh, 9 overs, 23 runs, and 2 wickets taken, Econ:2.55

Shamim Mia
January 19, 2011, 04:40 AM
world cup Squad: Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim, Naeem Islam, Mahmudullah, Abdur Razzak, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Suhrawadi Shuvo

shuziburo
January 20, 2011, 09:43 AM
Voted for Shakib, but Swann is a dangerous bowler.

Shamim Mia
January 20, 2011, 01:00 PM
yes he is a dangerous bowler but not in asia lol