PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt and politicized Cricket bosses

pagol-chagol
January 16, 2011, 01:46 AM
On condition of anonymity, a club official termed it an unfair decision although his club voted for taking the extra foreigner. “It's simply unfair. We supported it because of the reality (laugh)."
Source: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=170234

I just wanted to make sure that nobody misses the laugh at the end. That last sentence is more revealing than just about anything you may read about our cricket infrastructure.

Isam
January 16, 2011, 10:08 AM
good spot.

akabir77
January 16, 2011, 02:30 PM
I don't know why Abahani (BAL Party) people do this. I condemn this even though I am a abahani supporter...

cricket_dorshok
January 16, 2011, 03:34 PM
What more one can expect from BAL party?

HereWeGo
January 16, 2011, 10:21 PM
In Defence of Abahani (being that i am their supporter), Even in the past ICC has allowed players to be picked in the WC team beyond the 30 member list originally provided. It doesnt really make icc corrupt.
As long as the max foreign player per game quota remains the same at 2, i dont see any reason why a team cannot register a new foreign recruit. The only reason there is a registration quota is so that the team do not misuse the rule and register 50 players (per say) who was not even been contacted by the club but the name included just to keep the option open.
Lastly if someone complains that the match result was influenced by that decision than u have to be a blind HATER of Awamileague or Abahani....
Wanna talk abt corruption, may be we should discuss more and investigate more abt the Nimbus deal with BCB which is costing Bangladesh cricket millions and younger son of then prime minster is directly responsible for the deal...

IanW
January 19, 2011, 03:24 PM
Y'know, on a scale of 1-10 for corrupt and incompetent, raising the limit on international players from one to two in club sides gets maybe a two.

Now, if they were getting kickbacks from agents, it'd be worth bonus points ... but keep a sense of scale here please.

pagol-chagol
January 19, 2011, 03:37 PM
Y'know, on a scale of 1-10 for corrupt and incompetent, raising the limit on international players from one to two in club sides gets maybe a two.

Now, if they were getting kickbacks from agents, it'd be worth bonus points ... but keep a sense of scale here please.

The act is a negligible act. It's the underlying current that you have to see.

Going against the interest of his own team, he had to vote for Abahoni's interest because the powerful political party is behind Abahoni. All he could do is "laugh".

This virus has infected our country in every level.