PDA

View Full Version : The Bangladesh final 15 for the World Cup

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zunaid
January 16, 2011, 11:09 PM
Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Roqibul Hassan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Abdur Razzak, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Shahriar Nafees

http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2011/INT/WORLDCUP/images/bd15.jpg

[A special shoutout to iamreza who called this first ]

Zunaid
January 16, 2011, 11:10 PM
[Reserved]

Zunaid
January 16, 2011, 11:10 PM
I am not locking this thread. Perhaps I should.

Murad
January 17, 2011, 01:19 AM
Boss taile to apnar onek kosto korte hobe moving/merging korte korte. People hardly visit this sub-forum for Bangladesh news. I think it would be nice if this thread is moved to BC section.

I think all the news related to Bangladesh team should be in BC section. Most of the members visit the BC section only for Bangladesh news.

Its just my opinion though. :)

al Furqaan
January 17, 2011, 01:39 AM
Doc and his megalomania (Zeeshan was right in that thread on FC forum)...yes, go ahead and ban me for life...i have you on facebook and will take age-related jabs on your wall....muahahahaha.

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 02:44 AM
Doc and his megalomania (Zeeshan was right in that thread on FC forum)...yes, go ahead and ban me for life...i have you on facebook and will take age-related jabs on your wall....muahahahaha.
Khaisey, Asad bhai to dekhi khepsey!!!

BANFAN
January 17, 2011, 03:07 AM
WOW I thought the list is out. :)

crikss
January 17, 2011, 03:14 AM
misleading title....

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 03:21 AM
misleading title....

I would have thought the parenthetical "Placeholder" would have been clear enough? Once the team has been announced, the parenthesis will be removed.

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 03:24 AM
Waiting for the final fifteen frontiers ...

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 03:25 AM
WOW I thought the list is out. :)
And I thought too!

irteja
January 17, 2011, 03:30 AM
Once i open the forum for a second I thought 15 member team is announced. after opening I just find out this is just a joke. Sorry , not find it funny.

magic boy
January 17, 2011, 03:32 AM
ar maatro 2.30 ghonta i guess!:timeout: I want surprise

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 03:33 AM
Once i open the forum for a second I thought 15 member team is announced. after opening I just find out this is just a joke. Sorry , not find it funny.

Joke? what part of the first post did you not understand?

irteja
January 17, 2011, 03:38 AM
Joke? what part of the first post did you not understand?

with the most of BC member, your thread title part. Sorry.

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 03:40 AM
with the most of BC member, your thread title part. Sorry.

What part of the phrase [Placeholder] wasn't clear?

If so many people are misreading, then I should change it. Or lock this thread until the announcement is made and merge the 200 new threads between the time I unlock and our excited members post. :)

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 03:57 AM
What part of the phrase [Placeholder] wasn't clear?

If so many people are misreading, then I should change it. Or lock this thread until the announcement is made and merge the 200 new threads between the time I unlock and our excited members post. :)
Zunaid bhai, please do not lock the thread. I was much excited, thus, failed to read the thread title properly. Didn't read it all you know ...;)

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 03:59 AM
And here is my new avatar to "do the thing" to India on the 19th!!!

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 04:02 AM
ar maatro 2.30 ghonta i guess!:timeout: I want surprise
YES! I want too.
I want Shabbir and Omi in the squad to "do the thing!!" for us.

Baundule
January 17, 2011, 04:05 AM
People usually do jump into a thread reading one or two keywords. The term 'place holder' is not a catchy keyword; but I got it through the word 'waiting'. :D

Want to see Mash in the squad. India has already announced their 15 man squad including 4 injured players. Mash is to Bangladesh is bigger than Praveen is to India.

jahidus200
January 17, 2011, 04:06 AM
When are they announcing the team tough , key player is should be their automatically like Sakib, Tamim, ashraful , alok kopali, mahmudullah riad , and maseaffie should be automatic p
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 04:10 AM
Only Ice Man is auto choice (along with CTG Express and Razzak)

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/IceMan-1.jpg

Night_wolf
January 17, 2011, 04:34 AM
^also with selectors:imrul and mushy

Rabz
January 17, 2011, 04:35 AM
Ar bhalo lagtesena...
Dhur..
Team announce kore na ken betara....
fazlamir ekta shima ase....

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 04:37 AM
Ar bhalo lagtesena...
Dhur..

Aren't you supposed to be busy with something else?

Rabz
January 17, 2011, 04:50 AM
I am Zunaid bhai.
But still keeping an eye open for the world cup squad.
Despite the super busyness, checking every now and then for the Killer Squad.

cricketboy
January 17, 2011, 04:51 AM
I guess they are waiting until the very last moment for Mashrafe's fitness issues. India's team announced:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2011/content/current/story/497102.html

Night_wolf
January 17, 2011, 04:51 AM
waiting for the killer squad is killing me!

Shehwar
January 17, 2011, 04:53 AM
I think they are waiting for India to announce first. Good move!

Nadim
January 17, 2011, 04:55 AM

India already announced their squad.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Rabz
January 17, 2011, 05:00 AM
They are not waiting for indian squad, it doesn't make any sense.
We are not playing one game against one team.
Its Mash's fitness issue and I think they are doing some last minute check up/medical test to see the latest on his progress....

Nadim
January 17, 2011, 05:02 AM

India already announced their squad.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

jahidus200
January 17, 2011, 05:02 AM
Its Mash's fitness issue and I think they are doing some last minute check up/medical test to see the latest on his progress....

yea bro i guess so , but cant wait , when they gonna anounce bro

Rabz
January 17, 2011, 05:03 AM
^^ Only if I knew...

Jadukor
January 17, 2011, 05:29 AM
India took 4 pacers and left out Rahit Sharma... I wonder if we would do the same... in that case who will miss out... waiting...

Night_wolf
January 17, 2011, 05:30 AM
shuvo will probably be the surprise miss IMO

irteja
January 17, 2011, 05:31 AM
so every team in WC is having at list four fast bowler. Bangladesh should have four pacer as well. My WC team have Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Mashrafe Mortaza and Shahadat Hossain

Jadukor
January 17, 2011, 05:38 AM
the question is are we ever going to play three pacers in one game?... all our group games are at home... even with dew factor we don't have such an outstanding pace attack to warrant three of them in the side for any given game...

jisaan
January 17, 2011, 05:49 AM
And here is my new avatar to "do the thing" to India on the 19th!!!
:notworthy:

i liked it as much!

jisaan
January 17, 2011, 05:59 AM

can we include him in the squad and replace him before feb 19, if he is not fit enough to play?

honestly speaking, apart from Shafiul & Rubel no one in the current squad is good enough to play for the national team.
Shahadat may claim a place as to fill the numbers.
Dollar & Robin are big flops and rasel is still struggling...

After yesterday's match, i would rather like to see Abul Hasan picked as the fourth seamer if mashrafe is unfit till then

wiseshah
January 17, 2011, 08:29 AM
Abul hasan -- seriously?

Even though shahadat is doing well, i think we will stick with

shafiul
rubel
najmul
mashrafe/ rajib

series
January 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
The Bangladesh cricket team squad is going to be announced on 19th of February.

Source:bdnews24.com

jisaan
January 17, 2011, 09:43 AM
Abul hasan -- seriously?

Even though shahadat is doing well, i think we will stick with

shafiul
rubel
najmul
mashrafe/ rajib

yes bro! i have analyzed d performance & prospect of all our current pacers...

at present, abul hasan seems to be the next best bet!

Tiger Manc
January 17, 2011, 09:50 AM
The Bangladesh cricket team squad is going to be announced on 19th of February.

Source:bdnews24.com

Thanks for the news. I guess they want to give Mashrafe as much time as possible before declaring the squad.

Kabir
January 17, 2011, 09:58 AM
Placeholder for my comment...when final 15 is announced.

I wanna be the first to comment...so here...my post as a placeholder.

lamisa
January 17, 2011, 09:59 AM
Ar bhalo lagtesena...
Dhur..

apne ki kono cityceller ad korsen rabz bhai?gulshan 2 golchokkore ekta bill boarde ekdom apnar moton ekta loker ad ase...

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
Lol Kabir. Looks like we might have a long wait.

irteja
January 17, 2011, 10:04 AM
[বাংলা] ঢাকা, জানুয়ারি ১৬ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) - বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট প্রতিযোগিতার জন্য বাংলাদেশের চূড়ান্ত দল ঘোষণা করা হবে ১৯ ফেব্র"য়ারি।

ঢাকায় এক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে সোমবার এ কথা জানান ক্রিকেট অপরেশন্স কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান এনায়েত হোসেন।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম/টিআর/১৯২০ ঘ.[/বাংলা]

Kabir
January 17, 2011, 10:05 AM
Lol Kabir. Looks like we might have a long wait.

Looks like it ;)

AsifTheManRahman
January 17, 2011, 10:15 AM
Feb 19? Are they even allowed to do that going by ICC deadlines?

They're waiting for Mashrafe aren't they? Too much fuss about one individual, if that's the case. Not like he's miles ahead of the other pacers. Maybe inches, but definitely not miles.

ahms
January 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
[বাংলা] ঢাকা, জানুয়ারি ১৬ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) - বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট প্রতিযোগিতার জন্য বাংলাদেশের চূড়ান্ত দল ঘোষণা করা হবে ১৯ ফেব্র"য়ারি।

ঢাকায় এক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে সোমবার এ কথা জানান ক্রিকেট অপরেশন্স কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান এনায়েত হোসেন।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম/টিআর/১৯২০ ঘ.[/বাংলা]

January 19th is deadline. Is this news accurate?

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 10:19 AM
It's on their website but they may have meant Jan 19. Typical of that news outfit.

AsifTheManRahman
January 17, 2011, 10:23 AM
Bloody media outlets...screwing with our minds.

dash
January 17, 2011, 10:24 AM
19 feb...hmmmm....icc is da shsoshur no? thats a deffo typo or as mishtaku......

Raynman
January 17, 2011, 10:33 AM
Feb 19 is too early. They should announce on April 1st so that Mash can play the Final.

magic boy
January 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
19th January !!! this is ridiculous. waiting whole day today canceling other works to see this ?!!

fire BCB

crikss
January 17, 2011, 10:47 AM
squad will be declared on 19th Jan...But it seems NO Mash in this WC according Banglanews24

wiseshah
January 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
I cant wait for team announcement any more

its like waiting for my first wedding night, was waiting when all annoying guest will be out of the house.

Getting flashback.

wiseshah
January 17, 2011, 10:51 AM
Seems like all the lazy selectors are waiting for a lame guy to be fit , so they can have their last laugh.

Baundule
January 17, 2011, 11:01 AM
I support the BCB in announcing the squad as late as possible. We do not want that the whole world gets access to our valuable classified information. It is as important as denying the installation of submarine cables to protect the national security.

Jadukor
January 17, 2011, 11:15 AM
Just like election results, squad selection delays are not a good sign especially when it comes to bangladesh... earlier the Selectors kept on saying the team is more or less set only a few positions need some thinking, so why aren't they announcing the side?... i hope politics won't ruin this as well...

iamreza
January 17, 2011, 11:21 AM
It's on their website but they may have meant Jan 19. Typical of that news outfit.

vai 3 din age amar daoa squad er sathe mille apni ki amar comment ta prothome dite paren ai thread er.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
vai 3 din age amar daoa squad er sathe mille apni ki amar comment ta prothome dite paren ai thread er.

If it is what you said - you'll get a mention in th first post. :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Rabz
January 17, 2011, 12:15 PM
apne ki kono cityceller ad korsen rabz bhai?gulshan 2 golchokkore ekta bill boarde ekdom apnar moton ekta loker ad ase...

Hehe.Lolz, I know what you mean.
I've seen the add on the newspaper myself and was puzzled for a second. The guy does look like me. :P

Dhakablues
January 17, 2011, 12:45 PM
The reason Mashrafee is also important is for the powerplay too. He isnt just a seamer like Nazmul, Shafiul..I guess that's why the technical comittee yesterday met with the selectors to discuss these issues. And extending it to the 19th, the cut-off date, also makes it easier for the selectors because there wont be any time to change the list after the announcment.

roman
January 17, 2011, 01:22 PM
According to Janakantha the wolrd cup squad is like this. Mash and Alok are both in

[বাংলা]শাকিব আল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), তামিম ইকবাল (সহঅধিনায়ক), মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজা, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, মুশফিকুর রহীম, অলক কাপালী, আব্দুর রাজ্জাক, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী, ইমরুল কায়েস, রকিবুল হাসান, মাহমুদউলস্নাহ রিয়াদ, নাঈম ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও শফিউল ইসলাম। [/বাংলা]

Murad
January 17, 2011, 01:28 PM
None of the newspaper giving us a detailed analysis why they think this should be the squad except the Dailystar news. Bhua reporters koto gula..:sick:

Shob gula sudhu ekta arekta re copy kore ar dekhe kon former captain ki bole.

Shaan
January 17, 2011, 01:44 PM
According to Janakantha the wolrd cup squad is like this. Mash and Alok are both in

[বাংলা]শাকিব আল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), তামিম ইকবাল (সহঅধিনায়ক), মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজা, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, মুশফিকুর রহীম, অলক কাপালী, আব্দুর রাজ্জাক, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী, ইমরুল কায়েস, রকিবুল হাসান, মাহমুদউলস্নাহ রিয়াদ, নাঈম ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও শফিউল ইসলাম। [/বাংলা]
If these two make into WC I guess for sure they are just making it for power play !!

WorldCup11
January 17, 2011, 02:13 PM

Your team and today's Banglanews24 prediction is 100 % same. May be you both talked with the same CHACHA :shh:

Anyway, in today's meeting they decided not to include any newcomer (source banglanews24), So from your last 3 only the experienced ones will get chance.

bd_cricket
January 17, 2011, 02:16 PM
<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="80%" border="0">iwmkwxfËK QwrwB xgmðKwe bl!</TD><TD width="20%">17-01-2011
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

iwmkwxf xgd iÖZêRwËK xgmðKwe ÌÆwtwËW ÌdItwk Awex£ awKwk Kaw dt, jxb oÖþÿ awKËZd„ iwmkwxf Ìj GLËdw ÌLlwk iËZw mwkyxkK Agþÿw xfËk ewdxd„ fËl xdgêwPKkwI eÞþæwxgZ 15 obËoøk bËl kwËLdxd drwBl G…ËeÞoËK„
AZGg xdxúPËìæ gËl ÌbItw ÌjËZ ewËk iwmkwxfËK QwrwB gÖcgwk (19 RwdÖtwxk) xgmðKwËek PÔrwìæ ÌÆwtwW ÌNwnYw KkËZ jwËâQ gwvlwËbm x¢ßËKU ÌgwWê (xgxoxg)„ Agmø xgËmn qiZw gËl xgxoxg ohwexZ xdgêwPKËbk xo¦wìæ gbËlI xbËZ ewËkd„ m‰wUw ÌLwb xgxoxg ÌUKxdKøwl Ggv iÔløwtd KxixU ÌaËK Kkw pËâQ„
Ìowigwk ÌUKxdKøwl I iÔløwtd KxixUk ohwt iwmkwxfËK xdËt AËdKUw oit cËk AwËlwPdw pt„ x¢ßËKU exkPwldw xghwËMk ÌPtwkiøwd GdwËtZ ÌpwËod owvgwxbKËbk Rwdwd,“xfxRI Ggv xPxKuoKËbk eÞxZËgbd ejêwËlwPdwk ek cËk ÌdItw pËâQ iwmkwxfËK bËl kwLwk oºwgdw LÖgB Ki„”
xfxRI’k eÞxZËgbËd ÌbLwËdw pËtËQ 9 Aagw 10 ÌfgÛiítwxkkËZ xMËt xfUËdo ekyqw pËg iwmkwxfk„ Gkek ÌLlwk Rdø ÐZxk pËZ ewkËg„ ÌoLwËdI eÞwt GK iwo ÌlËM ÌjËZ ewËk gËl Awm‰w Kkw pËâQ„
ÌUKxdKøwl I iÔløwtd KxixUËZ AwËlwPdwk eËkI xgmðKwËek PÔrwìæ ÌÆwtwW ÌNwnYwt xgl¹ pItwk ÌeQËd GdwËtZ ÌpwËod jÖx£ß ÌbLwd,“pwËZ GLËdw oit AwËQ, PÔrwìæ bl ÌNwnYwk AwËM ÌmngwËkk iËZw iÔløwtd KËk ÌbLËZ PwB„ GQwrw 8 ÌfËgÛiítwxk ejêìæ bËl Ìj ÌKwd ckËYk exkgZêËdk oÖËjwM awKËQ„ 9 ÌfgÛiítwxk ÌaËK AwìæRêwxZK x¢ßËKU KwDxëoËlk ZZòwgcwËd ÌpwËUËl Agþÿwd KkËg 15 Rd x¢ßËKUwk„ Gkek ÌKwd ÌKD ÌPwU oioøw, gøwx£ßMZ gw ewxkgwxkK KwkËY ÌKD ÌLlËZ AewkM pËl AxZxk£ß ZwxlKw ÌaËK gbxl ÌLËlwtwr ÌdItw jwËg AwBxoxoËK AwËgb KËk„”
ÌUKxdKøwl KxixUk GKRd eÞhwgmwly oboø Rwdwd, xil-AWêwk xdËtI ohwt AwËlwPdw pËtËQ„ iÔlZ iwmkwxfËK oÖËjwM ÌbItwk RdøB GB AwËlwPdw„ xKìç xdgêwPKkw gwQwBKÚZ x¢ßËKUwkËbk bËl ÌdItwk ÌeQËd mx£ßmwly jÖx£ß ÌbLwËl Ìmnejêìæ iÔløwtd KxixU ÌiËd Ìdt„
oóeÞxZK AwìæRêwxZK ewkfkËiëo Ggv XwKw xeÞxitwk xlËMk ewkfkËiëo xgËgPdwt GËd 15 RËdk eÞþæwxgZ bl owRwËdw pËtËQ gËl Rwdwd dwieÞKwËm AxdâQÖK GKRd xdgêwPK„
oºgø xgmðKwe bl: Zwxii BKgwl (op-AxcdwtK), BikØl KwËto, mwpxktwk dwxfo, RÖdwËtb xox¥Ky, kxKgÖl pwowd, Ìiw. AwmkwfÖl, owxKg Awl pwowd (AxcdwtK), iÖmxfKÖk kxpi (DBËKUkqK), iwpiÖbÖlöwp xktwb, dwCi Bolwi, Aw²Ök kwŒwK, ÌowpkwItwbêy Âh, mxfDl Bolwi, dwRiÖl ÌpwËod I kØËgl ÌpwËod„

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/index.php?newsID=20546&pageTitle=details&editionID=1235

auntu
January 17, 2011, 02:35 PM
aren't you supposed to be busy with something else?
[বাংলা]সেটাই লক্ষণ তো সুবিধার না[/বাংলা]

Rabz
January 17, 2011, 02:45 PM
^^ Sometimes you need to take your mind off :P

view360
January 17, 2011, 02:56 PM
With all due respect , Mash can act in much more dignified manner than this. No top cricketer in BD ever got a dignified exit due to their stubbornness and Mash is only following the path of all of his predecessors. Paan chewing part time journos are only adding extra entertainment to this circus. By all mean , Mash should have been spending time in rehabilitation process now, instead .

Nadim
January 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
***Bangla-desh delayed the announcement of their final World Cup squad until January 19 as officials believed there are still some issues they needed to discuss including the injury status of paceman Mashrafee bin Murtaza.

The three-member selection committee placed a squad to the technical evaluation committee of the BCB on Monday, but it did not get the final approval.

‘We still need to be clear about some issues. Mashrafee is of course one of them. We also have some other issues pending for discussion. So, we have deiced to wait until the final day of the ICC deadline,’ committee chairman Enayet Hossain Siraj told reporters.

The BCB officials still have some doubts over the chance of former skipper Mashrafee regaining his fitness before the tournament starts.

Mashrafee, who injured his knee during a domestic match last month, recently resumed his batting practice but is unlikely to start bowling until next month.

‘We need to know about his medical conditions. We also need a day to assess his medical reports, which is one of the major reasons for delay,’ said Siraj.

Siraj also said that they need Mashrafee to become fit by February 8; otherwise it will be tough for them to convince the ICC for a replacement.

‘The rule is that we can replace any player until February 8. After that we have to take an approval from the ICC for any replacement,’ he said.

Sources said that Mashrafee was not in the 15-member squad provided by the selectors as initial medical suggested it might take him weeks to regain his match fitness.

Apart from a ruling by the BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal, who will give the final approval, it is unlikely for him to get the nod, said sources.

Probable Squad: Sakib al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Shahriar Nafees Junaed Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Naeem Islam , Sohrawardi Shuvo, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain and Rubel Hossain.***

newagebd

Nadim
January 17, 2011, 03:43 PM
according to newagebd..no rok:fire:

Dhakablues
January 17, 2011, 04:31 PM
Yes, according to NewAge, according to Ittefaq, according to Prothom-Alo (or its english translation in Dailystar) or according to a very reliable source,, blah blah blah,,, it aint no team until Dr. Zunaed confirms it or we see it in the news on the 19th..Period!!

Equinox
January 17, 2011, 04:50 PM
Ki faizlami shuru korlo era?

Murad
January 17, 2011, 04:57 PM
[বাংলা]নির্বাচকদের বিশ্বকাপ দল:

সাকিব আল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), তামিম ইকবাল (সহ-অধিনায়ক), ইমরুল কায়েস, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক, মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, রকিবুল হাসান, মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাহমুদউল্লাহ, আবদুর রাজ্জাক, নাঈম ইসলাম, মোহাম্মদ সোহরাওয়ার্দী, শফিউল ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও নাজমুল হোসেন।[/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-01-18/news/124441

Ei team tai selector ra board e joma diyeche. Ekhon dekhar bishoy board tader sathe ek mot kina..

kalpurush
January 17, 2011, 06:09 PM
shuvo will probably be the surprise miss IMO
You would love it then... :)
নির্বাচকদের দলে মাশরাফি নেই

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১৮-০১-২০১১<SCRIPT src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/sharethis.js#publisher=aa5f141b-5f86-4025-8d2a-ad0209f99460&type=wordpress&post_services=email%2Cfacebook%2Ctwitter%2Cgbuzz%2 Cmyspace%2Cdigg%2Csms%2Cwindows_live%2Cdelicious%2 Cstumbleupon%2Creddit%2Cgoogle_bmarks%2Clinkedin%2 Cbebo%2Cybuzz%2Cblogger%2Cyahoo_bmarks%2Cmixx%2Cte chnorati%2Cfriendfeed%2Cpropeller%2Cwordpress%2Cne wsvine" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
বিশ্বকাপের আগে তাঁর পুরোপুরি সুস্থ হওয়ার সম্ভাবনা খুব কম। মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজাকে ছাড়াই তাই বিশ্বকাপের ১৫ জনের দল করল নির্বাচক কমিটি। মাশরাফি ছাড়াও এই দলে ২৩ জনের দল থেকে নেই অলক কাপালি, জহুরুল ইসলাম, সৈয়দ রাসেল, শাহাদাত হোসেন, মাহবুবুল আলম, ডলার মাহমুদ ও সাব্বির রহমান।
তবে কাল রফিকুল আলমের নেতৃত্বাধীন নির্বাচক কমিটি ১৫ জনের যে দলটি বিসিবির টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির সামনে তুলে ধরেছে, সেটাকেই বিশ্বকাপের চূড়ান্ত দল বলা যাচ্ছে না। আইসিসিকে ১৫ সদস্যের চূড়ান্ত দল জানাতে হবে আগামীকালের মধ্যে। নির্বাচক কমিটি আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে দল ঘোষণাও করবে আগামীকাল সকালে। মাঝে আজকের দিনটাতে তাঁদের দেওয়া ১৫ সদস্যের দলে এদিক-সেদিক হওয়ার সম্ভাবনা একেবারে উড়িয়ে দেওয়া যাচ্ছে না।
নির্বাচকদের দল কেন টেকনিক্যাল কমিটিকে দিয়ে পাস করাতে হবে—এটা একটা প্রশ্ন বটে। টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির এক সদস্যের আচরণে আরও জোরালো হয়ে উঠেছে এই প্রশ্ন। একটি সূত্রে জানা গেছে, বিসিবির ওই পরিচালক রূঢ় ভাষায়ই নির্বাচকদের বোঝাতে চেয়েছেন, স্লো-লো উইকেট বানিয়ে জিম্বাবুয়ের মতো দলের বিপক্ষে সাফল্য নিয়ে বড়াই করার কিছু নেই। জবাবে নির্বাচকেরাও তাঁকে মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছেন, শুধু জিম্বাবুয়ে নয়, সাম্প্রতিক অতীতে বাংলাদেশ দলের সাফল্যের পাল্লাটা যথেষ্টই ভারী। ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ, নিউজিল্যান্ডের মতো দলকে হারানোর গর্ব আছে সেখানে।
সভার অনেকটা অংশ জুড়েই ছিল বিশ্বকাপের সম্ভাব্য প্রথম একাদশ-সংক্রান্ত আলোচনা। সিনিয়র ক্রিকেটার হয়েও যদি প্রথম বিবেচনায় কেউ একাদশে না আসেন, তাঁকে ১৫ জনের দলে রাখা যাবে কি না, আলোচনা হয়েছে তা নিয়েও।
তবে মূল আলোচনাটা মাশরাফিকে নিয়েই ছিল। ফিজিওর দেওয়া সর্বশেষ রিপোর্ট অনুযায়ী ফেব্রুয়ারির প্রথম সপ্তাহ পর্যন্তও মাশরাফির পক্ষে পুরো রানআপে বল করা সম্ভব হবে না। কাজেই তাঁকে ১৫ সদস্যের দলে অন্তর্ভুক্ত করাটা ঝুঁকিপূর্ণ মনে করেছে নির্বাচক কমিটি। তাই বলে মাশরাফিকে বিশ্বকাপের ক্যাম্প থেকে বিদায়ও করে দেওয়া হচ্ছে না এখনই। আগামী ৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি পর্যন্ত দলের সঙ্গে অনুশীলন চালিয়ে যাবেন, এর মধ্যে আশা-জাগানিয়া কিছু হলে হয়তো বিশ্বকাপের দলে ঢুকেও যেতে পারেন। কালকের সভা শেষে টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন সে রকম আভাসই দিয়েছেন, ‘৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি পর্যন্ত বাংলাদেশ দলের সবকিছু বিসিবির খরচে চলবে, ৯ তারিখ থেকে শুরু হয়ে যাবে আইসিসির ইভেন্ট। ৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি পর্যন্ত দলে কোনো পরিবর্তন চাইলে আইসিসির টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির কাছে সেটার অনুমতি চাওয়া যাবে। তবে ৯ তারিখের পর হলে সেটা আর বিসিবি চাইবে না, তখন দলের ম্যানেজার চাইবে।’ অর্থাৎ আগামীকাল ঘোষিত চূড়ান্ত দলে না থাকলেও মাশরাফির বিশ্বকাপ সম্ভাবনা কিছুটা হলেও থাকবে। সে ক্ষেত্রে ১৫ জনের দলের বাইরে চলে যেতে হবে অন্য কাউকে। প্রধান নির্বাচক রফিকুল আলম এ বিষয়ে সরাসরি কিছু না বললেও জানিয়েছেন, ‘মাশরাফির বিকল্প নেই। তার জন্য যতটুকু সম্ভব আমরা অপেক্ষা করব।’
তবে এসব কিছুর আগে বিশ্বকাপের দল ঘোষণার জন্য আরেকটি দিন নিচ্ছে বিসিবি। ‘আমরা মাশরাফির বিষয়টা নিয়ে দীর্ঘক্ষণ আলোচনা করেছি। চাইলে ৯ ফেব্রুয়ারি পর্যন্ত বিষয়টা ধরে রাখা যায়। আমরা সে সুযোগটা নেব কি নেব না, সেটাও একটা ব্যাপার। সেসব নিয়ে আলোচনার জন্যই একটা দিন সময় নিচ্ছি’—বলেছেন টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির প্রধান।
সভায় আলোচনা হয়েছে বিশ্বকাপের প্রস্তুতি নিয়েও। বিশ্বকাপে যেহেতু চট্টগ্রামেও দুটি ম্যাচ আছে বাংলাদেশের, আগামী ১-৩ ফেব্রুয়ারি সেখানে দু-তিনটি প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেলার চিন্তাভাবনা আছে। অনুশীলনের চট্টগ্রাম পর্বটা কৃত্রিম আলোয় হবে বলে শুধু বাংলাদেশ দলেরই নয়, একটা অনুশীলন হয়ে যাবে চট্টগ্রাম বিভাগীয় স্টেডিয়ামে নতুন লাগানো ফ্লাডলাইটেরও।
নির্বাচকদের বিশ্বকাপ দল: সাকিব আল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), তামিম ইকবাল (সহ-অধিনায়ক), ইমরুল কায়েস, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক, মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, রকিবুল হাসান, মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাহমুদউল্লাহ, আবদুর রাজ্জাক, নাঈম ইসলাম, মোহাম্মদ সোহরাওয়ার্দী, শফিউল ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও নাজমুল হোসেন।

babubangla
January 17, 2011, 06:38 PM
[বাংলা]
মাশরাফির ফিটনেস নিয়ে অনিশ্চয়তার কারনেই যদি দল ঘোষনায় এই বিলম্ব, তবে তো দেখছি এই থ্রেডের মতো আমাদের বিশ্বকাপ দলেও একটা প্লেসহোল্ডার রাখা দরকার।
[/বাংলা]

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 06:49 PM
Team: Sakib al Hassan, Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder].

WorldCup11
January 17, 2011, 07:02 PM
Please add Imrul, Razzak & Shafiul in your place holders, they too are in everyone's list.

Imrul (Best person for #2)
Razzak (Specialized SLA for ODI)
Shafiul (he earned his place as 2nd pacemen even if Mash Playes)

Ajfar
January 17, 2011, 07:22 PM
Team: Sakib al Hassan, Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder], [placeholder].

This is an Insult to our ex captain. eto boro opoman kora uchit hoi nai.

Dhakablues
January 17, 2011, 08:22 PM

সাকিব আল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), তামিম ইকবাল (সহ-অধিনায়ক), ইমরুল কায়েস, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক, মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, রকিবুল হাসান, মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাহমুদউল্লাহ, আবদুর রাজ্জাক, নাঈম ইসলাম, মোহাম্মদ সোহরাওয়ার্দী, শফিউল ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও নাজমুল হোসেন।[/বাংলা]

Ei team tai selector ra board e joma diyeche. Ekhon dekhar bishoy board tader sathe ek mot kina..

This makes sense. However, I will wait until the fat lady(ies) sings ( aka. Akram Khan, Rafiqul) ... and if Mashrafee is in the team, I will forever ditch (again) Prothom Alo as a source to trust..

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 08:27 PM
This is an Insult to our ex captain. eto boro opoman kora uchit hoi nai.

Keno? Raag kore baba Dav-er kachhe jabe?

Equinox
January 17, 2011, 08:27 PM
I think the BCB will wield its power over the selection this time. Otherwise the one posted by PA seems sensible.

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 08:28 PM

iamreza must be happy if this is true; his source came through...

Night_wolf
January 17, 2011, 09:09 PM
atogula paper er ato gula dol..oh matha betha!

Zeeshan
January 17, 2011, 09:30 PM
This makes sense. However, I will wait until the fat lady(ies) sings ( aka. Akram Khan, Rafiqul) ... and if Mashrafee is in the team, I will forever ditch (again) Prothom Alo as a source to trust..

^or rather Momtaz, Runa and Sabina

Jadukor
January 17, 2011, 09:56 PM
atogula paper er ato gula dol..oh matha betha!

i've given up trying to guess as well... just hoping either Shabbir or alok will make the squad...

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 09:58 PM
Added the pictures of the pending team. All will be clear tomorrow!

http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2011/INT/WORLDCUP/images/team.png

akabir77
January 17, 2011, 10:00 PM
shouldn't it say bring it home? keep means we r the current champs...

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 10:04 PM
shouldn't it say bring it home? keep means we r the current champs...

true ...

i wasn't thinking that .. i was thinking, the cup will be at SBNS for show during the opener .... and it ain't moving :)

Jadukor
January 17, 2011, 10:12 PM
hmm who are these blurry faces... based on the dari... i would say no. 14 is shuvo.. urgh...thats all i could tell...:-(

Night_wolf
January 17, 2011, 10:18 PM
1shakib 2.tamim 3.imrul 14.shuvo 15.naffes

Boss 1/3 of ur secret is out:)

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 10:23 PM
I took "random" pictures and blurred them - at least this guessing game will keep us busy till tomorrow....

taklima_naj
I guess board want Mash and they will include him.

All I can hope he will be fit before the game, and we can have a power hitter, otherwise this team is lacking power hitter down the order, we needed right combination that what Indian selectors did.

kalpurush
[]

Awesome, Boss, awesome. Simply awesome. Totally awesome :)

taklima_naj
January 17, 2011, 10:33 PM
I dont think we we need both Junayed and nafees in the team and obviously ash sholdnt be in 4 position when we have Mushfiqs ability to play in this position, we are wasting place again by taking too many players in this position.
Rather we could include more hard hitters alok and Sabbir both or Jahirul as a wicket keeper , that wold give a right combination for the team.

but it is not happening as Jamie is not excluding either junayed or Raqib , both r good for tests not for ODI

Cant hope much with this combination of the players.

Jadukor
January 17, 2011, 10:37 PM
I took "random" pictures and blurred them - at least this guessing game will keep us busy till tomorrow....

you forgot to mention "and partially blind"

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 10:43 PM
you forgot to mention "and partially blind"

Something else will make you go blind. Anyway - without my glasses, that's how I see them. So, see the world through my eyes.

pagol-chagol
January 17, 2011, 11:40 PM
With Mashrafee and Jahurul's availability as injury replacement, all calculations point to the following list:
Tamim
Kayes
Junaed
Rokibul
Shak
Mushy
Riyad
Naeem
Razzaq
Shafiul
Rubel
Ash
SN
Nazmul
Shuvo

Zunaid
January 17, 2011, 11:41 PM
With Mashrafee and Jahurul's availability as injury replacement, all calculations point to the following list:
Tamim
Kayes
Junaed
Rokibul
Shak
Mushy
Riyad
Naeem
Razzaq
Shafiul
Rubel
Ash
SN
Nazmul
Shuvo

Yeah. It seems to come down to this. No matter what your heart says, your head says the above.

PoorFan
January 17, 2011, 11:48 PM
We need six bowling options in every game, that makes life difficult for Sabbir and Alok.

Six bowling options for example : Shafiul, Rubel, Shakib, Razzak, Mahmudullah, one of Nayeem/Shuvo/Nazmul [since we can not rely for full 10 overs on except Shakib and Razzak]. Not at all sure how much they [Sabbir, Alok] can contribute with ball, and also not sure about their fielding.

Tamim, Imrul, Mushi comes as auto choice, and that makes rest two form Nafees/Zunaid, Ash/Rock. Alok's only contender here is Rock but Rock's consistency and fielding makes him ahead I guess.

Mash's lack of fitness [both physical and game] makes him auto choice for TV watcher.

<!-- / message -->

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 12:07 AM
Tamim
Kayes
Junaed
Rokibul
Shak
Mushy
Riyad
Naeem
Razzaq
Shafiul
Rubel
Ash
SN
Nazmul
Shuvo

this is probably the best set of performers in the league... Razzak, Shak and Naeem makes a good spin attack... Nazmul will bring control in comparison to the erratic duo of Rubel and Shafiul... overall the bowling picks are fine except shuvo...

the absence of Mashrafi and the inclusion of shuvo will mean that we will have a long tail comprising of Rubel, Shafiul, Razzak, Shuvo... that would be a disaster in case wickets tumble early... Shuvo is a great fielder and a fine bowler but he has not shown anything with the bat... and that is why i think he should not make the final 11...

the batting is a bit of a worry also... If Junaid fails we can replace him with Nafees at no. 3... but if Rokibul fails...who shall replace him? (we all know ash will do worse)

i don't see any options to replace mahmudullah/naeem as well in case they fail

iamreza
January 18, 2011, 12:16 AM
Your team and today's Banglanews24 prediction is 100 % same. May be you both talked with the same CHACHA :shh:

Anyway, in today's meeting they decided not to include any newcomer (source banglanews24), So from your last 3 only the experienced ones will get chance.

ha selectorder team tai bohal tobiote ase.kut sut hoi ni.

Baundule
January 18, 2011, 12:23 AM
If the selectors want Mash to play, they should keep him in the 15 man squad. From the indian and Australian team selection, it seems an injured player can be replaced from the 15; but not a fit player. So, it may be a strategic blunder for us.

Anyone knows the exact regulation regarding this?

magic boy
January 18, 2011, 12:26 AM
নির্বাচকদের দল কেন টেকনিক্যাল কমিটিকে দিয়ে পাস করাতে হবে—এটা একটা প্রশ্ন বটে। টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির এক সদস্যের আচরণে আরও জোরালো হয়ে উঠেছে এই প্রশ্ন। একটি সূত্রে জানা গেছে, বিসিবির ওই পরিচালক রূঢ় ভাষায়ই নির্বাচকদের বোঝাতে চেয়েছেন, স্লো-লো উইকেট বানিয়ে জিম্বাবুয়ের মতো দলের বিপক্ষে সাফল্য নিয়ে বড়াই করার কিছু নেই। জবাবে নির্বাচকেরাও তাঁকে মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছেন, শুধু জিম্বাবুয়ে নয়, সাম্প্রতিক অতীতে বাংলাদেশ দলের সাফল্যের পাল্লাটা যথেষ্টই ভারী। ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ, নিউজিল্যান্ডের মতো দলকে হারানোর গর্ব আছে সেখানে।

cant blame the selectors.there must be sort of ongoing drama in BCB.typical political power.those who want Mashrafe & Ashraful are trying to deny the Banglawash & win against Zimbabwe.

Murad
January 18, 2011, 12:28 AM
If the selectors want Mash to play, they should keep him in the 15 man squad. From the indian and Australian team selection, it seems an injured player can be replaced from the 15; but not a fit player. So, it may be a strategic blunder for us.

Anyone knows the exact regulation regarding this?

February 8 is the deadline to make any changes to the squad announced. After that it will be very hard to replace any players. You need ICC approval and that too for fresh injuries. So Mash's case is very difficult. If he doesn't get fit by 8th Feb, I say he should be out.

jahidus200
January 18, 2011, 12:46 AM
the selector rofiqul alam nedds to be fired , just read the news in bangladesherkhela.info its says no alok koplai , player like alok kopali must needed in the world cup , we are not playing against zimbabwe its all about world cup 2011 . alok is the player who could totally changed the game , they definitely need to consider a alok kopali in th team

PoorFan
January 18, 2011, 12:58 AM
the selector rofiqul alam nedds to be fired , just read the news in bangladesherkhela.info its says no alok koplai , player like alok kopali must needed in the world cup , we are not playing against zimbabwe its all about world cup 2011 . alok is the player who could totally changed the game , they definitely need to consider a alok kopali in th team
Where, when and which game did Alok totally changed? Please make sure those are not outdated, if there is any.

kalpurush
January 18, 2011, 01:42 AM
Brother I agree with you 100% ^^^
but, its only ture if you time travel and go back three years! Alok even did not do well in the domestic league and lacks match practice badly.

irampool
January 18, 2011, 01:55 AM
The problem with most of us is that we are too much emotional and thus keep demanding players like Alok Kapali back to the squad! cmonn guyz, let's be a bit more professional rather than being that much emotional......

wiseshah
January 18, 2011, 02:16 AM
is ash plays, he should bat at number 7, other wise i want alok or sabbir in his place.

jahurul--out of form
dollar/mahbubul----never in the competition
shahadat-- not proven in ODI plus expensive
rasel--out of form
mash--injury

sabbir/alok------only possible substitute for #7

magic boy
January 18, 2011, 02:26 AM
This team selection issue sickening me.From now on i am going to stay as far as possible away from this matter til next month.eagerly waiting for the world cup matches.

last message from MB on cricket!see ya next month

ciao!

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 02:29 AM
The problem with most of us is that we are too much emotional and thus keep demanding players like Alok Kapali back to the squad! cmonn guyz, let's be a bit more professional rather than being that much emotional......

I am getting sick of this whole being professional business... how do u think the world discovered talents like Jaysuria, Kalu, Tamim or Symonds...(or even Steve Waugh who used to languish lower down the batting order until he was given a chance). Somebody somewhere had belief in selecting these guys and took a gamble pushing these guys up the order to see if it works... If you don't take risks you don't gain anything...

people say the past two series we have won with the current crop of players so why do we need youngsters [shabbir] or a "has been" like kapali... but is that the whole truth?..if it was that simple so many people would not be arguing about this over and over again. Take Shakib's performance out We would not have won against NZ... neither did we bat convincingly against Zim... people like me who are demanding Alok or Shabbir dont want the current squad to be radically changed... we just want a fail-safe option and that x-factor that these guys bring in our squad...

Zeeshan
January 18, 2011, 02:31 AM
This team selection issue sickening me.From now on i am going to stay as far as possible away from this matter til next month.eagerly waiting for the world cup matches.

last message from MB on cricket!see ya next month

ciao!

Don't pull a zeeshan now.

Trigger_Tiger
January 18, 2011, 02:37 AM
LOL! Emon, you emo punk :-p!

Feb 19th...Jan 19th...when the heck is the official list coming out? What's going on? URGH!

BD ashtey, ashtey amar Mid-March, ticket fau jabey shob! Jodi bhalo dol naa hoisey then khobor'ee asey!

I like the Prothom Alo team...minus Ashar-phool and Rakha-bhool :mad:!

Shaan
January 18, 2011, 02:42 AM
is ash plays, he should bat at number 7, other wise i want alok or sabbir in his place.

jahurul--out of form
dollar/mahbubul----never in the competition
shahadat-- not proven in ODI plus expensive
rasel--out of form
mash--injury

sabbir/alok------only possible substitute for #7
as I said on the other post if these two make into to team they are just making it for few quick runs or for power play, otherwise none of them should make to 15 squad. Still very pessimistic about Naeem and Riyad on the power play overs. We really need two very good stroke makers down the order apart from Tamim, Shakib on top !!

wiseshah
January 18, 2011, 03:03 AM
as I said on the other post if these two make into to team they are just making it for few quick runs or for power play, otherwise none of them should make to 15 squad. Still very pessimistic about Naeem and Riyad on the power play overs. We really need two very good stroke makers down the order apart from Tamim, Shakib on top !!

naeem/riad/rokibul/shuvo/kayes/mushfiq-----none of them powerplay material

Trigger_Tiger
January 18, 2011, 03:05 AM
naeem/riad/rokibul/shuvo/kayes/mushfiq-----none of them powerplay material

But Mushfiq, Shuvo, and to the lesser extent Riyad and Naeem (unless they decide to finally hit) can at least keep the scoreboard ticking! Shabbir is a good (possibly) gamble...but who else can we have in there?

ahnaf
January 18, 2011, 03:43 AM
[বাংলা]রকিবুলের মতে, বাংলাদেশের
বিশ্বকাপ দলে আশরাফুল,
শাহরিয়ার নাফীস দুজনই
স্থান পাবেন। তবে,
বাংলাদেশের
ওয়ানডে দলে রকিবুল সুযোগ
পান না বলে তিনি মন্তব্য
করেন। তিনি বলেন, ‘রকিবুলের
মধ্যে আমি আমাকে খুঁজে পাই।
ও দলে থাকলে আমার
ভালো লাগে। আমি আগেও বলেছি,
রকিবুল হাসান ও মুশফিকুর
রহিম—এ দুজন বাংলাদেশের
ক্রিকেটে সবচেয়ে ভালো
টেকনিকের ব্যাটসম্যান।
কিন্তু রকিবুলের খেলার
ধরনটা ওয়ানডে ক্রিকেটের
সঙ্গে যায় না। এ
কারণে বিশ্বকাপ দলে সে না-
ও থাকতে পারে।
তবে বাংলাদেশের টেস্ট
দলে রকিবুল অবশ্যই সুযোগ
পাবে।’ রকিবুল হাসান রকিবুল
সম্পর্কে আরও বলেন,
‘সে উইকেটে সেটল হতে অনেক
বেশি বল নষ্ট করে। এরপর
তাড়াহুড়া করতে গিয়ে আউট হয়।
বর্তমান পাওয়ার প্লের
যুগে সেটল হতে বেশি বল নষ্ট
করা এক ধরনের অপরাধ।’
বিশ্বকাপ দল
থেকে আশরাফুলকে বাদ দেওয়ার
কথা যাঁরা বলেন,
তাঁরা বোকার রাজ্যে বাস
করেন বলে রকিবুল মন্তব্য
করেন। তিনি বলেন,
‘আশরাফুলকে বাদ দেওয়ার
কি কোনো কারণ আছে? সে এ
দেশের সেরা ব্যাটসম্যানদের
একজন। সে এ
মুহূর্তে ফর্মে রয়েছে।
তাকে বাদ দিয়ে বিশ্বকাপ দল
ভাবাই যায় না। সবচেয়ে বড়
ব্যাপার যে অভিজ্ঞ খেলোয়াড়
ও বড় দলগুলোর বিপক্ষে তার
রান করার ইতিহাস রয়েছে।’
সাকিব আল হাসান, তামিম
ইকবাল ও মো. আশরাফুল—এ
তিনজন খেলোয়াড়ের খেলার
ধরনই
প্রতিপক্ষকে চাপে ফেলে দেয়
বলে রকিবুল মন্তব্য করেন। এ
তিনজনই বাংলাদেশের ম্যাচ
উইনার। তাই সাকিব ও তামিমের
সঙ্গে একজন ম্যাচ উইনার
হিসেবে আশরাফুলের
একাদশে থাকাও বাংলাদেশের
জন্য মঙ্গলজনক
বলে তিনি মন্তব্য করেন।[/বাংলা]
Full story here
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-01-18/news/124476

ahnaf
January 18, 2011, 04:06 AM
News coming that
BCB may change
the Squad given by
the squad , The
change is including
Mashrafee
Mortaza by
replacing Shahriar
Nafees /Roqibul
Hasan . Because
Selectors took an
extra batsman by
relying only on 3
bowlers.As
Masharfee is not
fully fit thats BCB
couldn't replace a
fast bowler rather
they will changed a
batsman. What do
you think about
this?
reliable source bola jay.. Karon akhane deoa news akhon porjonto false hoy nai..

BanCricFan
January 18, 2011, 04:53 AM
Anyone who is interested to see what Naeem might do at the WC (if selected) please take a look at the last ten international innings he has batted. Work out the average and his SR!! You will get what you see from Naeem at this moment barring a major miracle. I would rather have five Ashrafuls in his place.

I'm not a hater of Naeem. Actually used to rate him quite high but after seeing him play (!) at the Kennington Oval, London I was forced to check my enthusiasm drastically. I wish him all the best though. Hope he comes back strong after sorting out his major technical flaws. Right now he is totally out of form and would be a complete waste of a precious space in the squad!

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 05:38 AM
i'll take nayeem over ash any day...1.he bonds well with shakib
2.he is 100 times better fielder then ash
3.his bowling is much better then ash
4.he'll only get himself in trouble not anybody else like ash does
5.he is not suffering from lack of brain

BanCricFan
January 18, 2011, 05:49 AM
i'll take nayeem over ash any day...1.he bonds well with shakib
2.he is 100 times better fielder then ash
3.his bowling is much better then ash
4.he'll only get himself in trouble not anybody else like ash does
5.he is not suffering from lack of brain

Bro! You dont have to take my Ashdafool example so literally! ;)

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 06:00 AM
Bro! You dont have to take my Ashdafool example so literally! ;)

well its just ash!..makes anybodies blood pressure high!;)

anyway on a serious note its becoming likely that we wont see a wc squad without ash
selectors are preferring "fortunes favors the brave!" and indeed it'll be a brave decision to include ash in the wc squad..and for ash he has nothing to lose!..he has already become hero to zero in the eyes of the fans..what more can he lose?..c'mon ash rise from the ashes and become a hero for Bangladesh one more time!..this is coming from ur biggest fan turn hatter!

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 06:11 AM
[]

Placeholder.

We already have umpteen threads on the WC team composition and I dread what will happen once the official announcement is made. In order for people to discuss that more coherently, I am creating this place holder thread, where the verified official team news and all subsequent team related information will be added/merged.

[]

WOWsome

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 06:13 AM
^who will "try to" keep this cup home would have been more realistic:)

Zunaid
January 18, 2011, 06:28 AM
Try shmy. I intend for us to win it all.

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 06:34 AM
i said realistic!:)
but i'm with u:)

Equinox
January 18, 2011, 06:47 AM
Mike Hussey who is suffering from a serious hamstring injury has been named in the Australian squad with Shaun Marsh remaining on stand-by if he does not make it. So what's all the fuss about? If Australia can do it why not us? Just because the BCB are a bunch of sissies and are the only board scared of the ICC.

BANFAN
January 18, 2011, 06:51 AM
Still a place holder or the team is out?

WorldCup11
January 18, 2011, 06:54 AM
Even Pakistan now announced their 15 http://tribune.com.pk/story/105580/pcb-announces-15-member-world-cup-squad/

I think BCB believes in "Last in Last Out" formula

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 06:56 AM
damn even Izaz Butt beat us to it... sigh

Trigger_Tiger
January 18, 2011, 08:16 AM
damn even Izaz Butt beat us to it... sigh

LOL :-p!

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2011, 09:09 AM
Ok, bad joke of the day: we got kicked in the butt by Butt? Damn.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Trigger_Tiger
January 18, 2011, 09:30 AM
Ok, bad joke of the day: we got kicked in the butt by Butt? Damn.

And I recently quit but started last night because of the same pathetic reason! Lol! I can't understand what this mellow drama is about with BCB. Just choose the players already!

Daily Star reported dispute over Roquibul and Mashrafe's inclusion. Sigh.

Raynman
January 18, 2011, 10:07 AM
Since changes can be made till Feb 8, they should just include Mash and announce the 15. Then if he is not ready or fit they can name the replacement. It will be much more demoralizing to the individual who will be selected as a 'place holder' if he were to be removed after selection.

Personally, I say we go without Mash. WI and NZ are prime examples of the team being able to survive without Mash. He probably won't bowl at full strength/speed, will be too cautious when fielding and running (during batting). All in all, could be more of a negative to the team.

I don't understand Siddons' and BCBs obesession with Ash unless he is being taken into the team as a finisher. We have capable batsmen to play in the top order at the moment who are more likely to be successful than Ash.

I don't want a safe world cup where we save face by beating IRE, NED and then lose to the other 4. I want us to comprehensively beat IRE, NED and WI and put a scare into ENG, SA and IND at the least. I also think a Semi-Final berth is not too far fetched with the relative weakness of the other Group teams. If we avoid SL, we have a good shot as well as home field.

Purbasha T
January 18, 2011, 10:20 AM
Quite clear, Z bhai.

Zunaid
January 18, 2011, 10:42 AM
I always hear about Siddon's obsession with Ash. I can't seem to recall why we believe he is enamored with Ash. Is this yet another urban legend or is there actually some evidence of this? Perhaps an interview I have missed. As for the selectors, I have seen enough quotes that prove their infatuation with Ash.

Raynman
January 18, 2011, 11:07 AM
I always hear about Siddon's obsession with Ash. I can't seem to recall why we believe he is enamored with Ash. Is this yet another urban legend or is there actually some evidence of this? Perhaps an interview I have missed. As for the selectors, I have seen enough quotes that prove their infatuation with Ash.

I seem to recall a few comments about Ash being lucky to be in the squad but there is no body better and unless we find batsmen better than Ash, he will still play or something to that effect.

Also I believe it is the coaching staff that picks the playing XI from the available 14/15. And Ash's inclusion in the first ODI was only revoked after a public outcry from the captain.

If I'm wrong then I apologize for incorrectly blaming Siddons.

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 12:16 PM
buh... whole day wait korlam but ajkeo dilona... khelumna!:mad:

Banglaguy
January 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
[]

Placeholder.

We already have umpteen threads on the WC team composition and I dread what will happen once the official announcement is made. In order for people to discuss that more coherently, I am creating this place holder thread, where the verified official team news and all subsequent team related information will be added/merged.

[]

The one middle line, all the way to the right is Abdur Razzak :)

roman
January 18, 2011, 12:33 PM
As per Bangla news 24. No Ash and Mash. Alok is in
[বাংলা]
বাংলাদেশ সম্ভাব্য দল: সাকিব আল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), তামিম ইকবাল (সহ-অধিনায়ক), ইমরুল কায়েস, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী, শাহরিয়ার নাফিস, রকিবুল হাসান, অলক কাপালী, মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাহমুদউল্লাহ রিয়াদ, আব্দুর রাজ্জাক, নাঈম ইসলাম, সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ, শফিউল ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও নাজমুল হোসেন।
[/বাংলা]

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=e5984218cfd32f9a6c602f45b965d 2ef&nttl=2011011825813&toppos=1

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
Since changes can be made till Feb 8, they should just include Mash and announce the 15. Then if he is not ready or fit they can name the replacement. It will be much more demoralizing to the individual who will be selected as a 'place holder' if he were to be removed after selection.

it would be very wise compared to what we did in the 1999 wc. Jahangir Alam (keeper & Opening batsman) had to make way for Minhajul Abedin

golam
January 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
Will not believe anything unless officially announced by BCB. Although, not a bad team.

Purbasha T
January 18, 2011, 12:44 PM
At least one of Ash/Alok/Shabbir would do for me. :) Though I'm more inclined towards Ash. :-p

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 12:49 PM
if this news is true, ash is going to get axed
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=e5984218cfd32f9a6c602f45b965d 2ef&nttl=2011011825813&toppos=1

ঢাকা: নির্বাচকদের সাজানো দলে শেষপর্যন্ত আচর লেগেছে। টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির প্রভাবশালী কর্মকর্তাদের যুক্তির মুখে মিডল-অর্ডারে পরিবর্তন আসতে যাচ্ছে।
সর্বোচ্চ সতর্কতা রেখে টানা চার ঘন্টার সভা হয় রফিকুল আলমের নেতৃত্বাধীন নির্বাচক কমিটি ও টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির মধ্যে। আলোচ্য বিষয় নিজেদের মধ্যে চেপে রাখার আপ্রাণ চেষ্টা করেন প্রত্যেকে। এরমধ্যেও প্রকাশ পেয়ে যায় মিডল-অর্ডারে পরিবর্তনের খবরটি।
কর্মকর্তাদের আপত্তিটা সাবেক অধিনায়ক মো. আশরাফুলকে নিয়ে। নামপ্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক একজন কর্মকর্তা ইশারায় বুঝিয়ে দেন আশরাফুলকে ছেটে দেওয়া হচ্ছে। অবশ্য তার পরিবর্তে ১৫ সদস্যের দলে কাকে নেওয়া হচ্ছে এনিয়ে কিছু বলতে রাজি হননি ওই কর্মকর্তা। তবে আলোচানায় বেরিয়ে এসেছে অলক কাপালীর নাম।
অধিনায়ক সাকিব আল হাসানের সঙ্গে আলোচনা করে এই সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হয়েছে বলে বিশ্বস্ত সূত্রে জানা গেছে। প্রধান নির্বাচক রফিকুল আলম অনেক চেষ্টা করেও আশরাফুলকে ধরে রাখেতে পারেননি। মূল্যায়ন কমিটির কর্মকর্তাদের বেশির ভাগ ভিন্ন মত প্রকাশ করায় অনেকটা আত্মসমর্পণ করেন নির্বাচকরা। তবে প্রধান নির্বাচককে অভয় দিয়ে এগিয়ে যাওয়ার পরামর্শ দেন টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির প্রভাবশালী কর্মকর্তা দেওয়ান শফিউল আরেফিন টুটুল।
আশরাফুলকে দলে না নেওয়ার পেছনে কর্মকর্তারা যুক্তি দেখিয়েছেন শাহরিয়ার নাফিস এবং রকিবুল হাসানের অন্তর্ভুক্তিকে। এছাড়া পেসার মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজাকে আগেই বাদ দেওয়ায় ভাগ্য খুলছে অলকের।
অথচ মঙ্গলবার নির্বাচকরা শক্ত অবস্থানে ছিলেন। ২৪ ঘন্টার ব্যবধানে উলটপালট হয়ে যায় সব কিছু। নির্বাকরাও নিজেদের অবস্থান থেকে সরে আসেন। টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির কর্মকর্তাদের চাপের মুখে হেরে গেছেন তারা। অবশ্য কিই বা করার ছিলো নির্বাচকদের। কর্মকর্তাদের চাপের মুখে বিপর্যস্ত হতে হয় তাদেরকে। সভা শেষে রফিকুল আলমের বিপর্যস্ত চেহারা দেখলে যে কারো বোঝার বাকি থাকে না তাদের ইচ্ছের বিরুদ্ধেই হচ্ছে সবকিছু।
বাংলাদেশ সম্ভাব্য দল: সাকিব আল হাসান (অধিনায়ক), তামিম ইকবাল (সহ-অধিনায়ক), ইমরুল কায়েস, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী, শাহরিয়ার নাফিস, রকিবুল হাসান, অলক কাপালী, মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাহমুদউল্লাহ রিয়াদ, আব্দুর রাজ্জাক, নাঈম ইসলাম, সোহরাওয়ার্দী শুভ, শফিউল ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও নাজমুল হোসেন।
বাংলাদেশ সময়: ২২৩৪ ঘন্টা, জানুয়ারি ১৮, ২০১১

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 01:04 PM
i hv been waiting too long to give something in return to all those heartbreaks... to 'sir' ash!L-)

for all those stupidity
for all those brain-farts

:wave:

Cricket46
January 18, 2011, 01:05 PM
Although it is not official, but sounds like it is true, with all the details in the link below.
As per Bangla news 24. No Ash and Mash. Alok is in
[বাংলা]
[/বাংলা]

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 01:08 PM
:joy::joy::joy:
no ash
no ash
no ash

(only if this turns out to be true)

iamreza
January 18, 2011, 01:16 PM
[edit] bcb if its true.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
YESSS NO ASH, and YES ALOK!!!!!!!!! How many more can things go possibly right?? :)
The team would be our strongest if Mash can make a comeback by 9th

iamreza
January 18, 2011, 01:19 PM

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 01:21 PM
this is the best news i was hoping for!!

Trigger_Tiger
January 18, 2011, 01:25 PM
Even though it is stated as being a joke, I really think this was not called for and moderators should have more control.

Sorry, there was a slight mistake in my wording, I meant to say

"Maybe because Ash is the illegitimate father to all their babies [assuming that all the selectors are of the opposite gender ('tis but a joke)] :-p."...babies implying to loser mentality and long employment. And NOT the following:

Maybe because Ash is the illegitimate child to all their babies [assuming that all the selectors are of the opposite gender ('tis but a joke)] :-p.

Trigger_Tiger
January 18, 2011, 01:28 PM
[edit] bcb if its true.

And why is that? They broke down the weaknesses to put forth a more solid team. Glad this happened, but I do feel a little sorry for Ash. But he has no one but himself to blame for it :).

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 01:31 PM

any 'new' SMS from your AKRAM CHACHA?
plz feel free to share..

Dhakablues
January 18, 2011, 01:32 PM
Guys,, we have been hearing all sorts of 'insder news' since and all of them is pretty much waffling between Ashraful/Mashrafee/Alok/Raqibul...Lets wait for one more day to be absolutely sure.

Our selection team is not the brightest in the world and if the technical committee did include Ashraful or Alok, I am glad and happy.

Ashraful or Alok.. both are the wild cards anyways,, when they click, none can stop them and they can quickly change the scenario in few overs with their amazing ability to play world class shots during power play both bowls leggies and can be useful for few overs. Alok is a power hitter during slogs and thats proven but when these two arent in tune will get out <10..How is that bad from Shuvo or Naeem? who will get out scoring 5 runs?

So either one of them can be a game changer ( positive or negative) but whether they will be in the playing 11 depends on Shakiboddons!!

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
And why is that? They broke down the weaknesses to put forth a more solid team. Glad this happened, but I do feel a little sorry for Ash. But he has no one but himself to blame for it :).

sorry for Ash???
i am waiting to dance on the news once it turns out to be true

Trigger_Tiger
January 18, 2011, 01:49 PM
sorry for Ash???
i am waiting to dance on the news once it turns out to be true

Amiotoh nachtesi, but trying my best to be humane. Hehehehehehehehe :-D!

Rabz
January 18, 2011, 01:50 PM
No Ash ??
:(

I hope its all just bull**** rumours.

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 01:53 PM
No Ash ??

YES. No 'SIR' Ash :-D

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
New Age also confirms about this news:

"However, some of the technical committee members still have some objections over middle-order batting and they want Alok Kapali to be included in the side replacing either Mohammad Ashraful or Roqibul Hassan."

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/5632.html

Tiger444
January 18, 2011, 02:03 PM
Let's wait till the final news comes out. The thing with alok is that they'll actually put alok down at #6/#7 but with ash they'll always have him as a #3/#4.

AsifTheManRahman
January 18, 2011, 02:03 PM
Ashraful and Raqibul are indeed the weaker links in the batting line up and neither should be in the squad.

Aahiyan
January 18, 2011, 02:09 PM
No Ash ??

I hope its all just bull**** rumours.

Same here.
I want him on the squad.

iamreza
January 18, 2011, 02:15 PM
any 'new' SMS from your AKRAM CHACHA?
plz feel free to share..

well.i was given the selectors view.mind that what you see in yesterday newspaper about selectors team i had broken that 4 days ago(zunaid vai will agree in this).but i cant do anything about bcb politics.imo ashraful should be included and raqibul should be axed....at all if this type of comment keeps going i will not feel free to share in future.

Tiger444
January 18, 2011, 02:20 PM
If it boils down to ash and rock, I would rather have rock since he's a better fielder and also a more responsible batsman.

cricketboy
January 18, 2011, 02:20 PM
Kapali should be included instead of Rokibul. He wastes lot of balls, then tries to hit and gets out. Ash and Kapali both according to me will be in the squad.

Dhakablues
January 18, 2011, 02:31 PM
Kapali wont waste balls,, he will either hit it or he will be out. He only has one gear.. attack or die. He wont be wondering around whether he should go for a pull or he should go for defending the ball. Whatever he does, he does it with intentions and very unlikely to waste balls.

Even if he is not in the playing XI, the fact that he may get a chance to train with the national team players only makes things better for us. We need these players to be tested once more before giving up on them. Siddons didnt get a chance to work with Alok and I hope he also does his magic with him.. But I am still not convinced that he is in the final 15. If he is, I will accept his pseudo name as 'Alowkik Kopali' !!

SS
January 18, 2011, 02:43 PM
Kapali wont waste balls,, he will either hit it or he will be out. He only has one gear.. attack or die. He wont be wondering around whether he should go for a pull or he should go for defending the ball. Whatever he does, he does it with intentions and very unlikely to waste balls.

Even if he is not in the playing XI, the fact that he may get a chance to train with the national team players only makes things better for us. We need these players to be tested once more before giving up on them. Siddons didnt get a chance to work with Alok and I hope he also does his magic with him.. But I am still not convinced that he is in the final 15. If he is, I will accept his pseudo name as 'Alowkik Kopali' !!

How many ppl have that! This is really frustrating and fruits of all the wonderful work done by our cricket authority last few years...why think months ahead of preparation and selection of right players..just pick and choose from the players who has 'alowkik' power....Why there were no games A team or B team of the selected ones...r they scared of picking players based on their prep match performances...We always had this middle order problem since last two or even three years why there were no effective solutions for it...

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 03:11 PM
Enjoying this last minute drama!

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 03:20 PM

Please allow me to open the Celebration Thread on his exclusion;)

roman
January 18, 2011, 03:22 PM
Please allow me to open the Celebration Thread on his exclusion;)

vaai jaanera wait till the official team is announced. Lets not jinx it

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 03:28 PM
vaai jaanera wait till the official team is announced. Lets not jinx it

Ditto! Lets not jinx it and see ash in the team :-P

Dhruvo
January 18, 2011, 03:30 PM
I don't care how well Alok has performed in the DPL, I would not have him in the WC squad. How many games has he played other than that in DPL? Any international games at all? Taking him would be a HUGE gamble. If we want to take gambles, why not take Shabbir instead ? A younger and more confident player, I think he has a better chance to shine than Alok. And Ashraful I hope is not taken either, although he probably will.

Whats the selectors' opinions on Mashrafe? Are they planning on including him in the squad?

Shaan
January 18, 2011, 03:33 PM
New Age also confirms about this news:

"However, some of the technical committee members still have some objections over middle-order batting and they want Alok Kapali to be included in the side replacing either Mohammad Ashraful or Roqibul Hassan."

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/5632.html
If they do they better replace Rok, cause we have quite many slow players in the team..

Mahir
January 18, 2011, 03:42 PM
BCB might end up asking ICC for more time in announcing the squad, citing Mashrafee's injury. South Africa did the same regarding Kallis' situation, although they've now decided to announce before the 19th's deadline.

nycpro96
January 18, 2011, 03:53 PM
This is stupid. Why Kapali? Sabbir in for Ash is way better. Raqibul can stay in the 15.

roman
January 18, 2011, 03:58 PM
^Nothing has been finalised yet. Ekek ta newspaper ekekta dol banay. Wait till the Official team is announced...

WorldCup11
January 18, 2011, 04:03 PM
This is stupid. Why Kapali? Sabbir in for Ash is way better. Raqibul can stay in the 15.

We can have a poll, Sabbir or Alok, Who'll play #7 ?

About Ashraful "I feel bad when he is in the team, I feel sad when he is not ... Oh I am just a human & I am Bangladeshi"

Shehwar
January 18, 2011, 04:07 PM
There you go!!! No Kapali ... No Zahurul ... No MASHRAFE ... No Shahadat and No Shabbir !!!

Tiger444
January 18, 2011, 04:08 PM
I don't care how well Alok has performed in the DPL, I would not have him in the WC squad. How many games has he played other than that in DPL? Any international games at all? Taking him would be a HUGE gamble. If we want to take gambles, why not take Shabbir instead ? A younger and more confident player, I think he has a better chance to shine than Alok. And Ashraful I hope is not taken either, although he probably will.

Whats the selectors' opinions on Mashrafe? Are they planning on including him in the squad?

Agreed. If its between Shabbir and Alok I would rather have Shabbir but selectors will go with Alok most probably.

roman
January 18, 2011, 04:11 PM
There you go!!! No Kapali ... No Zahurul ... No MASHRAFE ... No Shahadat and No Shabbir !!!

This is not the final squad brother

Tiger444
January 18, 2011, 04:13 PM
I'm really loving this drama

Raynman
January 18, 2011, 04:19 PM
we need a countdown clock to the 1pm press conference

Navarene
January 18, 2011, 05:35 PM
Still eight and half hours to go before the final 15 squad team will be announced. I heard from a source (one of my acquaintances, wife of Dewan Arefin Tutul, senior executive of BCB) that Ashraful is axed and Alok has been included into the squad. Also no place for Mashrafe, although he will be under close scrutiny until February 8 and might get a chance if he appears to be fit enough to bowl. In that case Nazmul will be the unfortunate bloke to be axed from the squad.

The probable final 15 man squad is as follows: 1. Sakib 2. Tamim 3. Shahriar 4.Imrul 5. Roqibul 6. Junaid 7. Mushfiqur 8. Mahmudullah 9. Nayeem 10. Razzak 11. Shafiul 12. Rubel 13. Suhrawardi Shuvo 14. Nazmul 15. Alok

It is an unauthenticated source of news. So pls dont jump on me if the final squad doesnt match with mine :-|

Purbasha T
January 18, 2011, 05:35 PM

Though I agree Alok is a hitter, but your post reminded me of his innings against SA in WC T20 2007. :D

al Furqaan
January 18, 2011, 06:00 PM
Still eight and half hours to go before the final 15 squad team will be announced. I heard from a source (one of my acquaintances, wife of Dewan Arefin Tutul, senior executive of BCB) that Ashraful is axed and Alok has been included into the squad. Also no place for Mashrafe, although he will be under close scrutiny until February 8 and might get a chance if he appears to be fit enough to bowl. In that case Nazmul will be the unfortunate bloke to be axed from the squad.

The probable final 15 man squad is as follows: 1. Sakib 2. Tamim 3. Shahriar 4.Imrul 5. Roqibul 6. Junaid 7. Mushfiqur 8. Mahmudullah 9. Nayeem 10. Razzak 11. Shafiul 12. Rubel 13. Suhrawardi Shuvo 14. Nazmul 15. Alok

It is an unauthenticated source of news. So pls dont jump on me if the final squad doesnt match with mine :-|

if this is the squad, i'll be very disappointed. this will be a disasterous squad. only hope will be alok clicking in one game, but he's only ever done that once in his career.

Naimul_Hd
January 18, 2011, 06:01 PM
aye haye dada ra...e ami ki dekhlam shopne....thak thak...ar nai boli ! bagh mama rai bhalo bolte parbe ! :-|

Dhakablues
January 18, 2011, 06:36 PM
Guys,, Alok or Ashraful wont be the only reason we lose the mathes against India, West Indies, South Africa etc. And there are no political agendas from Technical team for them to set up a weaker team by including either of the players.. I am pretty sure all the think tank members are raising their points and Siddons and Sakib is very much part of these discussions. So lets not be fixated with Alok or Ashraful. They are least of our concern because they may not even feature in the playing XI. We took our eyes off the ball and forgot that our pace department is the actual worry. Without Mashrafee, the pace department lacks any experience or variation other than whatever Shafiul can swing... Rubel is still an apprentice and Nazmul is pretty much a Manju/Sharif of 2010!!

One World
January 18, 2011, 06:43 PM
Shahadat?

Shehwar
January 18, 2011, 06:50 PM
I think Nazmul doesn't get enough credit ... He can be quite steady and usually safe as a house to maintain a good line and length.

shafayeen
January 18, 2011, 06:52 PM
Its not a one man game. If we are to win, our whole team has to play well collectively. I never liked the term "match winner". One man should not have to take up the team on his shoulders. So Ashraful or no Ashraful, Alok or no Alok, doesnt deserve such amount of drama.

RazabQ
January 18, 2011, 06:52 PM
I think Nazmul doesn't get enough credit ... He can be quite steady and usually safe as a house to maintain a good line and length.
He's also hella slow and the Yusuf Pathans & Yuvis of the world will simply walk down and hit him through the line. For proof watch their treatment of Tsotsobe today.

ahms
January 18, 2011, 06:54 PM

Apnar Nacha-nachi bar hoy jabe jokhan Bangladesh haira jabe. You and like you are doing as if Ban won World Cup. I disagree inclusion of Rakib and Alok, Ash is way better; only time will prove. After the world cup, you will deny that you were dancing with the team selection.
How silly bangali.

firstlane
January 18, 2011, 06:58 PM
How come shuvo's place is so certain? What did he do in the past year except for the series against nz? And we know how nz's current team is like.

Purbasha T
January 18, 2011, 07:53 PM
How come shuvo's place is so certain? What did he do in the past year except for the series against nz?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sydUPsZcY-w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sydUPsZcY-w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Watch from 0:29. ;)

Other than his bowling performances against NZ (no matter how crap they were), Shuvo was also involved in some co-curricular activities as well.

real123
January 18, 2011, 08:01 PM
Good move...Alok should play in the first 11 against India

if this news is true, ash is going to get axed

ঢাকা: নির্বাচকদের সাজানো দলে শেষপর্যন্ত আচর লেগেছে। টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির প্রভাবশালী কর্মকর্তাদের যুক্তির মুখে মিডল-অর্ডারে পরিবর্তন আসতে যাচ্ছে।
সর্বোচ্চ সতর্কতা রেখে টানা চার ঘন্টার সভা হয় রফিকুল আলমের নেতৃত্বাধীন নির্বাচক কমিটি ও টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির মধ্যে। আলোচ্য বিষয় নিজেদের মধ্যে চেপে রাখার আপ্রাণ চেষ্টা করেন প্রত্যেকে। এরমধ্যেও প্রকাশ পেয়ে যায় মিডল-অর্ডারে পরিবর্তনের খবরটি।
কর্মকর্তাদের আপত্তিটা সাবেক অধিনায়ক মো. আশরাফুলকে নিয়ে। নামপ্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক একজন কর্মকর্তা ইশারায় বুঝিয়ে দেন আশরাফুলকে ছেটে দেওয়া হচ্ছে। অবশ্য তার পরিবর্তে ১৫ সদস্যের দলে কাকে নেওয়া হচ্ছে এনিয়ে কিছু বলতে রাজি হননি ওই কর্মকর্তা। তবে আলোচানায় বেরিয়ে এসেছে অলক কাপালীর নাম।
অধিনায়ক সাকিব আল হাসানের সঙ্গে আলোচনা করে এই সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হয়েছে বলে বিশ্বস্ত সূত্রে জানা গেছে। প্রধান নির্বাচক রফিকুল আলম অনেক চেষ্টা করেও আশরাফুলকে ধরে রাখেতে পারেননি। মূল্যায়ন কমিটির কর্মকর্তাদের বেশির ভাগ ভিন্ন মত প্রকাশ করায় অনেকটা আত্মসমর্পণ করেন নির্বাচকরা। তবে প্রধান নির্বাচককে অভয় দিয়ে এগিয়ে যাওয়ার পরামর্শ দেন টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির প্রভাবশালী কর্মকর্তা দেওয়ান শফিউল আরেফিন টুটুল।
আশরাফুলকে দলে না নেওয়ার পেছনে কর্মকর্তারা যুক্তি দেখিয়েছেন শাহরিয়ার নাফিস এবং রকিবুল হাসানের অন্তর্ভুক্তিকে। এছাড়া পেসার মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজাকে আগেই বাদ দেওয়ায় ভাগ্য খুলছে অলকের।
অথচ মঙ্গলবার নির্বাচকরা শক্ত অবস্থানে ছিলেন। ২৪ ঘন্টার ব্যবধানে উলটপালট হয়ে যায় সব কিছু। নির্বাকরাও নিজেদের অবস্থান থেকে সরে আসেন। টেকনিক্যাল ও মূল্যায়ন কমিটির কর্মকর্তাদের চাপের মুখে হেরে গেছেন তারা। অবশ্য কিই বা করার ছিলো নির্বাচকদের। কর্মকর্তাদের চাপের মুখে বিপর্যস্ত হতে হয় তাদেরকে। সভা শেষে রফিকুল আলমের বিপর্যস্ত চেহারা দেখলে যে কারো বোঝার বাকি থাকে না তাদের ইচ্ছের বিরুদ্ধেই হচ্ছে সবকিছু।
বাংলাদেশ সময়: ২২৩৪ ঘন্টা, জানুয়ারি ১৮, ২০১১

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 09:12 PM
ash axed from the squad?..can really one of my dreams come true?

on alok he wastes balls like rokibul to get settle...but once settle alok can do things that rokibul can only dream of

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 09:14 PM
this is a really sad development in our cricket... Selectors are there for their expertise in selection... they should not have to face pressure from anyone while selecting the team...
This will only bring harm to our cricket.
I may be a big fan of Alok but I don't see the wisdom of having him in place of Ashraful... either we should have them both based on their talent or none of them at all based on performance

Tiger444
January 18, 2011, 09:22 PM
ash axed from the squad?..can really one of my dreams come true?

on alok he wastes balls like rokibul to get settle...but once settle alok can do things that rokibul can only dream of

Thats a bad thing also. Because Riyad's the same. Some of these innings in the DPL have scared me. How about if he pulls a 20 ball 2? It would solve no problems at all.

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 09:37 PM
Thats a bad thing also. Because Riyad's the same. Some of these innings in the DPL have scared me. How about if he pulls a 20 ball 2? It would solve no problems at all.

yes its a gamble but i haven't seen anybody hit the ball at his will as alok in BD...when he is on fire he is unstoppable..sir ash only one who comes close..but he has far to many brain farts..we have big hitting problem in the team,and playing big hitters is always gamble(may click or not)..and at the moment i cant see a better option to take that gamble then alok..plus remember he is an awesome fielder too

Tiger444
January 18, 2011, 09:46 PM
yes its a gamble but i haven't seen anybody hit the ball at his will as alok in BD...when he is on fire he is unstoppable..sir ash only one who comes close..but he has far to many brain farts..we have big hitting problem in the team,and playing big hitters is always gamble(may click or not)..and at the moment i cant see a better option to take that gamble then alok..plus remember he is an awesome fielder too

Well its ok to have a 0(1) or a 4(3) but if he has a 2(15) or a 1(10) then that's unacceptable. That's been the problem with naeem and riyad. Their just not going for it at the end. Mash in that aspect has been good. I feel a good finisher should just come in and take a few balls to settle in and then really go for boundaries.

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 09:54 PM
Is there any team besides us that hasn't announced the squad yet?

Mahir
January 18, 2011, 10:34 PM
yes, 5 others: Canada, England, Kenya, Ireland and the West Indies.

Mahir
January 18, 2011, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know if the news channels are carrying the press conference live? Sorry, we've hyped this thing up way too much...

kalpurush
January 18, 2011, 10:46 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Indeed Shewar bhai. He is much better than the likes of Manju/Sharif.

kalpurush
January 18, 2011, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know if the news channels are carrying the press conference live? Sorry, we've hyped this thing up way too much...
Yes, all the tv channels has news on 1:00 pm, thus we would see some of it.

Mahir
January 18, 2011, 11:11 PM
Yes, all the tv channels has news on 1:00 pm, thus we would see some of it.

It figures that there would be video clips, obviously, but the way this announcing of the WC squad has gripped the entire nation and fans around the world, I felt some channel should've arranged for a live telecast.

al-Sagar
January 18, 2011, 11:12 PM
kee je hobe, kee je hobe ???

jai hok, ja howar ajkei hobe, erpor amra peye jabo amader bisshocup er dol .... ....

tokhon sesh hobe sob jolpona, kolpona ..... shuru hobe alochona, somalochona

Sohel
January 18, 2011, 11:25 PM
The current "controversy" is emblematic of the idiocy of today at the highest levels of our alleged "think tank"! Proven baulod versus chronic under-performer while the sissified 3 hold hands with the drama queen devoid of basic ability.

My fear:

1999: success in spite of low expectation ... 2003: failure in spite of higher expectation ... 2007: unexpected success with reasonable expectation ... 2011: ------ ------ with high expectation :) / :(

Moyna, Tamim, random-player-of-the-day and bowling & fielding stand in the way.

cricman
January 18, 2011, 11:39 PM
Shakib the Selector better be as good as Shakib the player, he holds alot of weight in this proccess and has been heavily involved.

NZ's slide happened cause Vettori had to much power in player selection and we saw the results

No Captain before Shakib has had this much power, I hope he uses it wisely. If we flop in the WC, and inqueries happen all these head honchos the Lotus's of the World will point their fingers at him wrongfully or rightfully to save their own face.

Good Luck Shakib and Good Luck Tigers

Zeeshan
January 18, 2011, 11:41 PM
Lotus-er plural ki Loti?

ahnaf
January 18, 2011, 11:49 PM
[বাংলা]মাশরাফিকে বাদ
দিলে বুঝতে হবে কারণ ভিন্ন
বিশ্বকাপ দল
আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে ঘোষিত
হয়নি এখনো , কিন্তু
মোটামুটি নিশ্চিত
যে মাশরাফি বিন
মুর্তজাকে দলে রাখা হচ্ছে না
। এ বিষয় নিয়ে কালের কণ্ঠ
স্পোর্টসের
সঙ্গে কথা বলেছেন জাতীয়
দলের সাবেক অধিনায়ক খালেদ
মাহমুদ
কালের কণ্ঠ স্পোর্টস :
বিশ্বকাপের দল নির্বাচন
প্রক্রিয়া কি যথাযথ হলো?
খালেদ মাহমুদ : আসলে আমাদের
প্রতিটি দল নির্বাচন নিয়েই
এমনটা হয়। এটি বিশ্বকাপ
বলে সবার নজরে আসছে। দেখুন,
বোর্ড কিন্তু সর্বোচ্চ
নীতিনির্ধারক। দেশের
স্বার্থে স্কোয়াডে যদি অদলব
দল করতে হয়,
সেটি আলোচনা করা যেতে পারে।
কিন্তু সেটি মিডিয়ায়
আসবে কেন? তাহলে আর
বোর্ডের সিক্রেসি কোথায়?
প্রশ্ন : আজ তো আন-
অফিশিয়ালি জানিয়ে দেওয়া হয়ে
ছে যে মাশরাফি বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে থাকছেন না। অথচ
ফিজিওর রিপোর্টে ছিল,
তিনি সামনের মাসের ৭ তারিখ
থেকে পুরো রান-
আপে বোলিং করতে পারবেন।
মাশরাফির জন্য
কি অপেক্ষা করা যেত না?
মাহমুদ : সেটিই উচিত ছিল।
মাশরাফিকে তো আমি অনেক দিন
থেকে চিনি। ওর বিকল্প
আমাদের নেই। যে যা-ই বলুক,
এ আছে, ও আছে_সময়মতো কিন্তু
সেই মাশরাফিকেই লাগে।
আমাদের হাতে যেহেতু সময়
আছে আরো এক মাস,
যেকোনো মূল্যে মাশরাফিকে তা
ই বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে রাখা উচিত ছিল।
যদি ও প্রথম ম্যাচ
খেলতে গিয়ে ইনজুরিতে পড়ে,
তখন তো আমরা তার বদলি নিতেই
পারতাম। সেসব
দিকে না গিয়ে এক মাস আগেই
মাশরাফিকে বাতিলের খাতায়
ছুড়ে ফেলা আমার বোধগম্য নয়।
প্রশ্ন : অস্ট্রেলিয়ার মাইক
হাসির অস্ত্রোপচার হলো আজ
(গতকাল)। তবুও
তাঁকে রাখা হয়েছে বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে...
মাহমুদ : দেখুন,
অস্ট্রেলিয়ায় কিন্তু
ক্রিকেটারের অভাব নেই। তার
পরও ওরা হাসির জন্য
অপেক্ষা করছে। আর আমাদের
ক্রিকেট কোথায় এমন
চলে গেছে যে মাশরাফির জন্য
অপেক্ষা করতে পারব না!
আমি ছোট্ট একটা উদাহরণ দিই।
তামিম ইকবালের
হাতে অস্ত্রোপচার করা হলো।
দীর্ঘদিন মাঠের বাইরে ছিল
ও। কিন্তু কোনো রকম
প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচ
ছাড়া জিম্বাবুয়ের
বিপক্ষে কিন্তু ঠিকই
সরাসরি মাঠে নেমে গেল। আর
মাশরাফি মাঠের
বাইরে আছে মাত্র অল্প কিছু
দিন। ফিজিওর রিপোর্ট
নাকি বলছে, বিশ্বকাপের দুই
সপ্তাহ আগে থেকেই ও
পুরো রান-
আপে বোলিং করতে পারবে।
তাহলে কেন বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে রাখা হবে না?
তাহলে তো দেখা যাচ্ছে,
তামিমের জন্য এক নিয়ম,
মাশরাফির জন্য অন্য নিয়ম।
এটি তো ঠিক নয়।
প্রশ্ন : আপনার কি মনে হয়,
শুধু ফিটনেসের
কারণে মাশরাফিকে বাদ
দেওয়া হবে,
নাকি ঘটনাপ্রবাহে অন্য
কোনো গন্ধ পাচ্ছেন?
মাহমুদ : সত্যি কথাটাই বলি।
আমি তো বছর দেড়েক এ দলটির
সঙ্গে ছিলাম। তখনই দেখতাম
যে দলে বিভাজন আছে। আমি এখন
দলের বাইরে। কিন্তু অনেক
কথাই কানে আসে।
একটা ছেলে যদি অনুমতি নিয়েও
দেরিতে প্র্যাকটিসে যায়,
তাহলে তাকে বকাঝকা শুনতে হয়।
ওদিকে অন্য জন
যদি বিনা নোটিশে দেরি করে,
তা হলেও পার পেয়ে যায়। কারণ
সে কোচ-অধিনায়কের
প্রিয়পাত্র।
উদাহরণটা দিলাম এ
কারণে যে আমি বিশ্বাস
করি না, শুধু ফিটনেসের
কারণে মাশরাফিকে বাদ
দেওয়া হবে। যদি ওকে শেষ
পর্যন্ত বাদ দেওয়া হয়, এর
পেছনে অন্য কারণ নিশ্চয়ই
থাকবে। টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট ও
বোর্ডের কয়েকজনের কারণেই
মাশরাফিকে এ অবস্থায়
পড়তে হচ্ছে।[/বাংলা]

taklima_naj
January 19, 2011, 12:27 AM
[বাংলা]মাশরাফিকে বাদ
দিলে বুঝতে হবে কারণ ভিন্ন
বিশ্বকাপ দল
আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে ঘোষিত
হয়নি এখনো , কিন্তু
মোটামুটি নিশ্চিত
যে মাশরাফি বিন
মুর্তজাকে দলে রাখা হচ্ছে না
। এ বিষয় নিয়ে কালের কণ্ঠ
স্পোর্টসের
সঙ্গে কথা বলেছেন জাতীয়
মাহমুদ
কালের কণ্ঠ স্পোর্টস :
বিশ্বকাপের দল নির্বাচন
প্রক্রিয়া কি যথাযথ হলো?
খালেদ মাহমুদ : আসলে আমাদের
প্রতিটি দল নির্বাচন নিয়েই
এমনটা হয়। এটি বিশ্বকাপ
বলে সবার নজরে আসছে। দেখুন,
বোর্ড কিন্তু সর্বোচ্চ
নীতিনির্ধারক। দেশের
স্বার্থে স্কোয়াডে যদি অদলব
দল করতে হয়,
সেটি আলোচনা করা যেতে পারে।
কিন্তু সেটি মিডিয়ায়
আসবে কেন? তাহলে আর
বোর্ডের সিক্রেসি কোথায়?
প্রশ্ন : আজ তো আন-
অফিশিয়ালি জানিয়ে দেওয়া হয়ে
ছে যে মাশরাফি বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে থাকছেন না। অথচ
ফিজিওর রিপোর্টে ছিল,
তিনি সামনের মাসের ৭ তারিখ
থেকে পুরো রান-
আপে বোলিং করতে পারবেন।
মাশরাফির জন্য
কি অপেক্ষা করা যেত না?
মাহমুদ : সেটিই উচিত ছিল।
মাশরাফিকে তো আমি অনেক দিন
থেকে চিনি। ওর বিকল্প
আমাদের নেই। যে যা-ই বলুক,
এ আছে, ও আছে_সময়মতো কিন্তু
সেই মাশরাফিকেই লাগে।
আমাদের হাতে যেহেতু সময়
আছে আরো এক মাস,
যেকোনো মূল্যে মাশরাফিকে তা
ই বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে রাখা উচিত ছিল।
যদি ও প্রথম ম্যাচ
খেলতে গিয়ে ইনজুরিতে পড়ে,
তখন তো আমরা তার বদলি নিতেই
পারতাম। সেসব
দিকে না গিয়ে এক মাস আগেই
মাশরাফিকে বাতিলের খাতায়
ছুড়ে ফেলা আমার বোধগম্য নয়।
প্রশ্ন : অস্ট্রেলিয়ার মাইক
হাসির অস্ত্রোপচার হলো আজ
(গতকাল)। তবুও
তাঁকে রাখা হয়েছে বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে...
মাহমুদ : দেখুন,
অস্ট্রেলিয়ায় কিন্তু
ক্রিকেটারের অভাব নেই। তার
পরও ওরা হাসির জন্য
অপেক্ষা করছে। আর আমাদের
ক্রিকেট কোথায় এমন
চলে গেছে যে মাশরাফির জন্য
অপেক্ষা করতে পারব না!
আমি ছোট্ট একটা উদাহরণ দিই।
তামিম ইকবালের
হাতে অস্ত্রোপচার করা হলো।
দীর্ঘদিন মাঠের বাইরে ছিল
ও। কিন্তু কোনো রকম
প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচ
ছাড়া জিম্বাবুয়ের
বিপক্ষে কিন্তু ঠিকই
সরাসরি মাঠে নেমে গেল। আর
মাশরাফি মাঠের
বাইরে আছে মাত্র অল্প কিছু
দিন। ফিজিওর রিপোর্ট
নাকি বলছে, বিশ্বকাপের দুই
সপ্তাহ আগে থেকেই ও
পুরো রান-
আপে বোলিং করতে পারবে।
তাহলে কেন বিশ্বকাপ
স্কোয়াডে রাখা হবে না?
তাহলে তো দেখা যাচ্ছে,
তামিমের জন্য এক নিয়ম,
মাশরাফির জন্য অন্য নিয়ম।
এটি তো ঠিক নয়।
প্রশ্ন : আপনার কি মনে হয়,
শুধু ফিটনেসের
কারণে মাশরাফিকে বাদ
দেওয়া হবে,
নাকি ঘটনাপ্রবাহে অন্য
কোনো গন্ধ পাচ্ছেন?
মাহমুদ : সত্যি কথাটাই বলি।
সঙ্গে ছিলাম। তখনই দেখতাম
দলের বাইরে। কিন্তু অনেক
কথাই কানে আসে।
দেরিতে প্র্যাকটিসে যায়,
ওদিকে অন্য জন
সে কোচ-অধিনায়কের
প্রিয়পাত্র।
উদাহরণটা দিলাম এ
কারণে যে আমি বিশ্বাস
করি না, শুধু ফিটনেসের
কারণে মাশরাফিকে বাদ
দেওয়া হবে। যদি ওকে শেষ
পর্যন্ত বাদ দেওয়া হয়, এর
পেছনে অন্য কারণ নিশ্চয়ই
থাকবে। টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট ও
বোর্ডের কয়েকজনের কারণেই
মাশরাফিকে এ অবস্থায়
পড়তে হচ্ছে।[/বাংলা]

what the hell this is? not a good sign for world cup at all

alok cant be sbstitute for ash, simple is that, ash can play as no 6 like he did in last world cup, why shakib cant nderstand that

taklima_naj
January 19, 2011, 12:29 AM
I want alok as well but in place of junayed or shuvo, not ash

wiseshah
January 19, 2011, 12:43 AM
seems like squad selection is the most exciting part. damn, cant wait anymore.

Night_wolf
January 19, 2011, 12:45 AM
mahrafir bikolpo nai bole sobai par paye jay..mashrafier bikolpo keno nai?..is mash wasim akram?..je r akta paoa jabena..i know mash is a legend in our cricket but he isn't that good that we haven't been able to produce another mash in 10 years

Zunaid
January 19, 2011, 12:47 AM
After all this teeth gnashing, hand wringing, moaning and whining the actual world cup will be just another day on the office. I bet we will have more members online at 1 pm BDT than during the finals even if Bangladesh were playing.

kalpurush
January 19, 2011, 12:47 AM
[বাংলা]সঙ্গে কথা বলেছেন জাতীয়
মাহমুদ
[/বাংলা]
I thought he is a good person!!! He should not said that ^^^
He is making things more complicated :down:
What a shame :timeout:

cricman
January 19, 2011, 12:52 AM
After all this teeth gnashing, hand wringing, moaning and whining the actual world cup will be just another day on the office. I bet we will have more members online at 1 pm BDT than during the finals even if Bangladesh were playing.

So what your actually saying is around 12:55 BDT Banglacricket.com will crash and be down for Maintenance for a few hours

Zunaid
January 19, 2011, 12:53 AM
So what your actually saying is around 12:55 BDT Banglacricket.com will crash and be down for Maintenance for a few hours

Don't give me ideas ...

Murad
January 19, 2011, 12:55 AM
I thought he is a good person!!! He should not said that ^^^
He is making things more complicated :down:
What a shame :timeout:

Well brother, he didn't say anything wrong. Did he?

Dhakablues
January 19, 2011, 12:59 AM
mahrafir bikolpo nai bole sobai par paye jay..mashrafier bikolpo keno nai?..is mash wasim akram?..je r akta paoa jabena..i know mash is a legend in our cricket but he isn't that good that we haven't been able to produce another mash in 10 years

Brother, we couldn't yet produce another mustafizur rahman babu ( the medium pacer-allrounder) and you expect that we can produce another Mashrafee? We tried multiple times in Shafaq, Talha, Sajid, Dolar, Robin, Tareq Aziz, Nazmul etc.,, none can bowl that off-cutter, the outswingers or bowl slower balls like Mashrafee. We are not Pakistan where fast bowlers are produced in dozens!!!

It is not only our assessments as fans, the coaches of Andy Roberts, Dav Watmore, Jaimie Siddons all strongly believed that he is an exceptional talent that matches very few. IPL paid him $600,000 for a year and played him only once, Abahani team pays him 20 lakhs even when he is injured to sit around. Had this guy not been injured, he would've been one of the most exciting all rounders in the world with his cricket sense and big heart to motivate other players.. That is Mashrafee bin Mortaza Kowshik..

view360
January 19, 2011, 01:04 AM

There are three Musketeers of lobbyists in BD cricket who live on rather PR tactic instead of real on the field performance. They are namely Mash , Ash and Kapali. I wish they disappear from the scene for the greater welfare of BD cricket.

kalpurush
January 19, 2011, 01:04 AM
Well brother, he didn't say anything wrong. Did he?
সঙ্গে ছিলাম। তখনই দেখতাম
দলের বাইরে। কিন্তু অনেক
কথাই কানে আসে।
দেরিতে প্র্যাকটিসে যায়,
ওদিকে অন্য জন
সে কোচ-অধিনায়কের
প্রিয়পাত্র।

He shouldn't have said that to the public even it is true.

Bugz
January 19, 2011, 01:06 AM
Translation???

Dilscoop
January 19, 2011, 01:11 AM
Wait so, is the squad out yet or what? Ash axed? Kapali in? what you all talking about!

Zeeshan
January 19, 2011, 01:12 AM
সঙ্গে ছিলাম। তখনই দেখতাম
দলের বাইরে। কিন্তু অনেক
কথাই কানে আসে।
দেরিতে প্র্যাকটিসে যায়,
ওদিকে অন্য জন
সে কোচ-অধিনায়কের
প্রিয়পাত্র।

It's Kaler Kantha for Christ's sakes! These idiots there have history of tilke taal korar.

Night_wolf
January 19, 2011, 01:15 AM
Great news Baisakhi tv will live telecast the squad announcement

Zunaid
January 19, 2011, 01:16 AM
সঙ্গে ছিলাম। তখনই দেখতাম
দলের বাইরে। কিন্তু অনেক
কথাই কানে আসে।
দেরিতে প্র্যাকটিসে যায়,
ওদিকে অন্য জন
সে কোচ-অধিনায়কের
প্রিয়পাত্র।

Translation???

Hmmmm...

I had been with the team for over a year and a half. I had seen divisions within the team even then. I am now on the outside - but I do hear things.

If a player is late for practice even with permission, he gets a earful. On the other hand, if another player is late without notice, he gets away with it. That's because he is the coach and captain's favorite.

Ah yes. Dirty laundry. Great time to air it. Just great.

Zunaid
January 19, 2011, 01:16 AM

Can you record it? Stream it?

view360
January 19, 2011, 01:17 AM
It's Kaler Kantha for Christ's sakes! These idiots there have history of tilke taal korar.

We must believe this KK report unless Shujon lodge a protest. No protest on the part of Shujon naturally points to approval.

kalpurush
January 19, 2011, 01:20 AM
Hmmmm...
Ah yes. Dirty laundry. Great time to air it. Just great.

Indeed it's a sad moment for me :( :o

real123
Dude, how could you say this to Mash? It is true for Ash and Kapali but not for Mash.
Mash always performed. Show me another better BD pacer better than Mash.
Mash deserved more respect and care from the BCB. Look other teams, how they are bringing back their experienced campaigners into the WC team, in some cases even they are injured.

There are three Musketeers of lobbyists in BD cricket who live on rather PR tactic instead of real on the field performance. They are namely Mash , Ash and Kapali. I wish they disappear from the scene for the greater welfare of BD cricket.

al Furqaan

LOL...i'm predicting ash making the squad.

Jadukor
January 19, 2011, 01:22 AM
can we have a separate thread specifically for Kaal Er Kantha news paper so that those who want to avoid reading garbage would have an option?...

Dilscoop

BRIBE!!! Make it happen boss

Night_wolf

sorry i dont know how to stream:(

can anybody in bd care to do this for others?..pretty plz:)

kalpurush
January 19, 2011, 01:23 AM

Pls stream it through USTREAM :)

Anybody knows how we could have Baisakhi TV online?
Much thanks:)

Zunaid
January 19, 2011, 01:24 AM
?

http://www.tv-desi.com/en/video-player/boishakhitv/

kalpurush
January 19, 2011, 01:25 AM
?

Thank you Zunaid bhai :)

Zunaid
January 19, 2011, 01:25 AM
Ok .. I am watching Boisakhi - now let's see how quickly we all crash it

edit - sample feed via jump tv ... won't last for long

bujhee kom
January 19, 2011, 01:27 AM
Ji bhais, khule bolun! Khule bolun! TaRratari...excitement aar dhore rakhte parchi na go!

Ghotonata ki?

Ami kintoo Thread-ter title-er ortho/maney bujhi nai..Place Holder....Kisher Holder? ....World Cup...maney ki...bujhlaam na kintoo!

Zunaid
Ji bhais, khule bolun! Khule bolun! TaRratari...excitement aar dhore rakhte parchi na go!

bodna nie taratari kaaj shere ashun

Night_wolf
?

googled it and found this link!..doh u beat me!

bujhee kom
January 19, 2011, 01:32 AM