PDA

View Full Version : We say Rafiqul Alam is an idiot, what about this guy??

Murad
January 18, 2011, 12:58 AM
"Nathan is our preferred spin option and his one-day record in India is excellent," Hilditch said. Hauritz has played seven 50-over games in the country, taking four wickets at 70.75.

This is from Cricinfo.
How is this an excellent record?

I know Rafiqul Alam a is fool who doesn't know what he is talking about. But this guy? I couldn't stop laughing after reading this two lines. He gave a reason which is 100 times worse than biral mama's.

Now we can say we are better than Australia in something lol :-p

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 01:02 AM
Dude, that's the best spin attack they can get! Spoken from a Aussie perspective! Just how we say Rubel is an excellent pacer!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 01:06 AM
Dude, that's the best spin attack they can get! Spoken from a Aussie perspective! Just how we say Rubel is an excellent pacer!

hee hee point well made...

Murad
January 18, 2011, 01:07 AM

I didn't say anything about good or bad bowler or spin attack. It's the comment he made.

This is what Peter English has to say:

Today he said Hauritz's "one-day record in India is excellent", a comment to be filed in his expanding pile of outrageous statements. While he was right to say Hauritz will play "an important part" in the side's push for another trophy, Hilditch has not taken note of the offpsinner's most prominent results in the country.

Hauritz has four wickets at 70.75 in seven ODIs in India. He has never played a T20 international there, and his performances in the two Tests in Mohali and Bangalore in October convinced the selectors he wasn't right to face England.

Instead Hilditch could have pointed to Hauritz's economy rate, which is a very handy 4.56, or said something about his tight control, or that he now brings improved batting skills to his essential bowling role. To call Hauritz's India record "excellent" shows how little knowledge the chairman has of his subjects.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2011/content/current/story/497215.html

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 01:13 AM
Again he said this from a Aussie persepective a stupid statement alltogether though....
Just think how stupid Alam sounds when he says, "ashraful is our key batsman"
The thing is they can't do anything but defend their choice for picking an ineffective but only spinner

wiseshah
January 18, 2011, 01:23 AM
actually hauritz is better than their other option like steven smith or javier doherty or dan christian

Rabz
January 18, 2011, 01:26 AM
How many beers he had before the interview should have been the first question.

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 01:27 AM
^^^^
no that's not possible... Beers doesn't make someone say anything to that extent
I am thinking more like vodka :)

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 04:47 AM

Bringing Rubel in this discussion is absurd. You could have used the name of Dollar or someone else. Rubel is excellent and far superior.

BanCricFan
January 18, 2011, 05:07 AM
Bringing Rubel in this discussion is absurd. You could have used the name of Dollar or someone else. Rubel is excellent and far superior.

Thank you! Couldn't have agreed with you more, Hoodie bhai!

BanCricFan
January 18, 2011, 05:10 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Disagree. But it was quite a humorous analogy :):-D

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 05:17 AM

Dolar only played 7 matches... and nobody calls him excellent so i guess that is why he wasn't used as an example...

Rubel averages a bradmanesque figure of 83 per wicket in Test matches... His average per wicket in ODIs is 36 which is higher than Dolar's 32... Rubel is superior in terms of economy rate though... he goes roughly at 5.79... where as dollar goes at 7.37 per over... If those stats don't convince you not to call him excellent then I don't know what will... umm perhaps the fact that Rubel averages a mammoth 58 runs per wicket in First Class matches as well (Compared to Dolar's 25)

BanCricFan
January 18, 2011, 05:28 AM
Jadukor bhai,

Stats can be bhery deceiving. Give Rubel a couple of years. Dollar is an average bowler but an excellent hitter.

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 05:45 AM
Dolar only played 7 matches... and nobody calls him excellent so i guess that is why he wasn't used as an example...

Rubel averages a bradmanesque figure of 83 per wicket in Test matches... His average per wicket in ODIs is 36 which is higher than Dolar's 32... Rubel is superior in terms of economy rate though... he goes roughly at 5.79... where as dollar goes at 7.37 per over... If those stats don't convince you not to call him excellent then I don't know what will... umm perhaps the fact that Rubel averages a mammoth 58 runs per wicket in First Class matches as well (Compared to Dolar's 25)

jadukor vai just put stats aside for some moment and think about the potential of the two bowlers..u'll see the difference..rubel with his slingy action and pace is whole different dimension of a bowler then doller..may be we'll get more dollers but it will be hard to find another rubel

saying this he may fail in int cricket in the future but the potential to deliver good there is more for rubel more then doller

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 05:49 AM
Jadukor bhai,

Stats can be bhery deceiving. Give Rubel a couple of years. Dollar is an average bowler but an excellent hitter.

I believe that too... because Rubel's recent performance against NZ was very good... but as stats reveal it is also true that before banglawash, Rubel and Shahadat leaked runs like the BP oil rig.
my point was lets not to jump the gun yet until he has proven himself for at least another couple of series...

Jadukor
January 18, 2011, 06:07 AM
jadukor vai just put stats aside for some moment and think about the potential of the two bowlers..u'll see the difference..rubel with his slingy action and pace is whole different dimension of a bowler then doller..may be we'll get more dollers but it will be hard to find another rubel

saying this he may fail in int cricket in the future but the potential to deliver good there is more for rubel more then doller

don't get me wrong man... i am not putting Dolar and Rubel is the same category... Rubel obviously has a lot of potential... i mentioned the stats because his performances have been no where near being termed excellent yet... If he is excellent then Mashrafi has to be god-like...

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
^^^
Mashrafee is God like for us.............

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 01:24 PM

u dont get it do u? :)
Rubel is an excellent pacer by Bangladeshi standards..... now compare him with the Aussie, South African, ENglish pacers....... like anyone from the those squads. Its a laugh isnt it? THey are faarrrrr superior than him.
Same goes for Haurtz
compare him with SHakib.............. again its a laugh only a bigger one!

jisaan
January 18, 2011, 01:41 PM
rubel won us at least 2 matches... last one of them almost single handedly

he is certainly excellent by our own standard

The comparison of him with Hautitz is immature...

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
u dont get it do u? :)
Rubel is an excellent pacer by Bangladeshi standards..... now compare him with the Aussie, South African, ENglish pacers....... like anyone from the those squads. Its a laugh isnt it? THey are faarrrrr superior than him.
Same goes for Haurtz
compare him with SHakib.............. again its a laugh only a bigger one!

NO.

I would say even compared to them, he is good. His action, pace, power everything looks promising compared to your SA,ENG,AUSSIE pacers such as tsotsobe,bresnan,siddle,broad,harris,parnell

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 02:21 PM
NO.

I would say even compared to them, he is good. His action, pace, power everything looks promising compared to your SA,ENG,AUSSIE pacers such as tsotsobe,bresnan,siddle,broad,harris,parnell

DUDE, Thats pushing wayy to much
I like Rubel too and support him with all my heart, but he is NOT EVEN CLOSE to those bowlers. One match against a weak NZ squad doesnt make him a better bowler.... Look at his DPL recod! His performance has ben the worst among all the National XI bowlers.... What on earth makes u think he is better than players like broad, tsotsobe????:-P

dash
January 18, 2011, 02:44 PM
^^^^
no that's not possible... Beers doesn't make someone say anything to that extent
I am thinking more like vodka :)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dont count on it.... 12 pints of lager or more will do the job

hoodlum
January 18, 2011, 03:17 PM
DUDE, Thats pushing wayy to much
I like Rubel too and support him with all my heart, but he is NOT EVEN CLOSE to those bowlers. One match against a weak NZ squad doesnt make him a better bowler.... Look at his DPL recod! His performance has ben the worst among all the National XI bowlers.... What on earth makes u think he is better than players like broad, tsotsobe????:-P

I think he is much better than some of them.why not wait for few years to figure out your NOT EVEN CLOSE statement.

rinathq
January 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
I think he is much better than some of them.why not wait for few years to figure out your NOT EVEN CLOSE statement.

yea in few years, I will be ready to "eat my words" but for now, he has a lonng way to go!

Fazal
January 18, 2011, 04:17 PM
There can be more than one idiot in the planet. No?

Purbasha T
January 18, 2011, 05:33 PM
Of course, heck only India themselves have 3 already!

Night_wolf
January 18, 2011, 09:29 PM
There can be more than one idiot in the planet. No?

Of course, heck only India themselves have 3 already!

:floor::floor::floor: