PDA

View Full Version : Preparation and Practice Matches

BanCricFan
January 19, 2011, 08:25 AM
Now that the 15 men squad has been declared lets focus our attention to the preparation for the world cup and the training camp. Most of our group matches will be day/night affairs. Despite being the host nation we HAVE NOT maximize our home advantages by playing a few day/night ODIs during the last two home series. Are we going to have a few "practice matches" under the light during the training camp???!

Please raise your other concerns or suggestions relating to the preparation of the World Cup. Also post everything related to the "practice matches" and preparation here.

SS
January 19, 2011, 01:32 PM
This is the most important things now for the selected ones...whatever amount of dedication they will put in preparation and practice matches (if there will be any!) will give appropriate result...

Ajfar
January 19, 2011, 02:02 PM
Whatever happened to the Canada series?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

ahms
January 19, 2011, 03:14 PM
Canada is in the Caribbean participating T20 tournament. They are playing good at the moment. Tournament finishes this Sunday. I do not think BD is interested inviting Canada.

lamisa
January 20, 2011, 10:20 AM
i think i will watch the bd vs pakistan practice match

BanCricFan
January 20, 2011, 04:04 PM
Hope you will enjoy and witness a BD victory, of course, lamisa :)

Btw, when I mentioned about the "practice matches" in my 1st post I did not mean the two "warm up matches" before the world cup proper. We read a couple of weeks ago that there will be three practice matches involving Bd 15 squads versus the Academy, Best Premiere XI and maybe, U19 (if not mistaken).

cricket_pagol
January 20, 2011, 04:19 PM
I really want Mashrafee in the training camp along with the rest of the 15. He always has a positive influence on the team.

We definitely need a bunch of practice matches before the tournament starts!

BanCricFan
January 20, 2011, 04:41 PM
We definitely need a bunch of practice matches before the tournament starts!

...And under the floodlight, too!

Holden
January 20, 2011, 09:16 PM

Btw, when I mentioned about the "practice matches" in my 1st post I did not mean the two "warm up matches" before the world cup proper. We read a couple of weeks ago that there will be three practice matches involving Bd 15 squads versus the Academy, Best Premiere XI and maybe, U19 (if not mistaken).

Do you have a source for this? this would be a great idea if implemented

zainab
January 21, 2011, 06:48 AM
Dont worry, the coaches will arrange something, but they need intense training in bowling, fielding and batting if they want to win at least 3 matches in the first round, I dont believe that they can beat India, but they have a chance to beat WI, Ireland and the Netherlands. Now, these teams will be beaten up by the other teams in the group, so after doing the Maths, BD should proceed.

Eshen
January 21, 2011, 08:17 AM
Love the idea. May be they can make two teams - Shakib XI and Tamim XI, with Shakib leading the main bowling line up and Tamim leading the main batting line up. They can get extra players from Kalabagan, Victoria, and Surjo Tarun since those three teams won't take any further part in Dhaka league.

Tamim XI

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah
Naeem Islam
Mohammad Ashraful
Mohammad Sharif (KBKC)
Arafat Sunny (KBKC)
Shahadat Hossain (KBKC)
Kamrul Islam Rabbi (Vic)

Shakib XI

Shahriar Nafees
Fazle Rabbi (Vic)
Raqibul Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan
Dhiman Ghosh (keep him ready in case we need an injury replacement)
Suhrawadi Shuvo (Promote him to have more batting practice
Shafiul Islam (promote to have more batting practice)
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain
Rubel Hossain
Mahmudul Hasan (extra offie to test Tamim and Co)

Tiger Manc
January 24, 2011, 10:39 AM
lack of match practice using UDRS is going to kill us.

Tiger Manc
January 24, 2011, 10:40 AM

source please

BanCricFan
January 25, 2011, 08:36 AM
source please

Plz check some old threads from about three weeks ago. I'm sorry but I've forgotten which thread it was exactly. The thread opener quoted some Bangla daily.

Btw, I'm still worried about our lack of practice under the floodlights! When was the last time we played a day-nighter...anyone?

Rifat
January 25, 2011, 09:06 AM
excellent idea. now we just need to implement it.

al Furqaan
January 26, 2011, 01:21 AM
great idea by Eshen bhai....love the squads.

Zeeshan
January 26, 2011, 01:23 AM
I know it's about practice matches and all...but any word on the Canada/Pakistan matches?

lamisa
January 26, 2011, 09:50 AM
^^^yes,they are happening

iamreza
January 26, 2011, 10:35 AM
Will the warm up matches be broadcasted?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

ahms
January 26, 2011, 10:39 AM
Practice suppose to take place in Chittagong from yesterday. Any update how things are going?

Cricmas
January 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
practice matches international? ? or not? ?
SHAKIB's hieghst scr in ODI was scrd b4 WC 2007 against CANADA nd tht was a practice match as far as i remembr.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Cricmas
January 26, 2011, 11:36 AM
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Cricket46
January 26, 2011, 11:52 AM
Curious to know if the warm up matches will be counted as regular ODIs.

BANFAN
January 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
Love the idea. May be they can make two teams - Shakib XI and Tamim XI, with Shakib leading the main bowling line up and Tamim leading the main batting line up. They can get extra players from Kalabagan, Victoria, and Surjo Tarun since those three teams won't take any further part in Dhaka league.

Tamim XI

Shakib XI

Excellent idea. Are they (BCB) planning anything like this? That would be great for the preperations. Even Mash can give it a try in the parctice matches, to check fitness.

SS
January 26, 2011, 01:14 PM
Excellent idea. Are they (BCB) planning anything like this? That would be great for the preperations. Even Mash can give it a try in the parctice matches, to check fitness.

Probably BCB taking time to plan ..it's ok to plan for 2015..have plentyyy of time

Banglaguy
January 26, 2011, 02:02 PM
Plz check some old threads from about three weeks ago. I'm sorry but I've forgotten which thread it was exactly. The thread opener quoted some Bangla daily.

Btw, I'm still worried about our lack of practice under the floodlights! When was the last time we played a day-nighter...anyone?

21st of June, 2010, against pakistan. We lost by 139 runs batting second. Junaid 97 of 114. Kayes 66 of 110 (that is poor imo). On the other hand, Shahid afridi 124 of 60. Shafiul islam went for 9.50 an over, mortaza 9.40, shuvo 8.12, shakib 7.30 an over. Only abdur razzak managed any control with the ball (48 for 1.. 4.80 an over). this shows we are terrible at D/N

tanim3960
January 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
anybody know if the world cup practice march will be televised????????

mac
January 26, 2011, 02:41 PM
Will be watching bd v pak match from the stadium.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

BanCricFan
January 26, 2011, 04:12 PM
21st of June, 2010, against pakistan. We lost by 139 runs batting second. Junaid 97 of 114. Kayes 66 of 110 (that is poor imo). On the other hand, Shahid afridi 124 of 60. Shafiul islam went for 9.50 an over, mortaza 9.40, shuvo 8.12, shakib 7.30 an over. Only abdur razzak managed any control with the ball (48 for 1.. 4.80 an over). this shows we are terrible at D/N

Thank you Bangla bhai. Although, that was one of the most embarrassing cricket match I have seen in all my 40 years. We chose not to chase the target. That was very cowardly stuff from us, indeed.

Back to the topic: So, we have not played any D/N matches for almost eight months (incl. WC). Four of our very important group matches will be D/N matches. Corrupt and unprofessional BCB have already cost us two invaluable D/N matches during the ZIM tour. Will they repent, show remorse and organize some practice matches under the light before the World Cup?

BanCricFan
January 27, 2011, 06:18 PM
So thats it then! No practice matches according to Sir Siddu. At least, they will be training under the lights tomorrow. Its hardly a thorough preperation given that we suppose to have maximize our home advantage and do EVERY preperations we possibly could have done. But, hey, this is Bangladesh. At least, our stadiums are ready before the tournament. Well done BCB!!!

MohammedC
January 28, 2011, 04:13 PM
Just uploaded this video on Youtube. Sorry for the poor sound quality.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T8k03NV70NU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

mehedi
January 28, 2011, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Cricmas;1260706]practice matches international? ? or not? ?
SHAKIB's hieghst scr in ODI was scrd b4 WC 2007 against CANADA nd tht was a practice match as far as i remembr.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition [/QUO

Sakib's 134 not out was against Canada in a tri seris just before the 2007 world cup(the other team was Bermuda)
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=14681

BANFAN
January 29, 2011, 12:44 AM
So thats it then! No practice matches according to Sir Siddu. At least, they will be training under the lights tomorrow. Its hardly a thorough preperation given that we suppose to have maximize our home advantage and do EVERY preperations we possibly could have done. But, hey, this is Bangladesh. At least, our stadiums are ready before the tournament. Well done BCB!!!

I agree, we should have had a few practice matches.

It may be good for keeping their fitness and refining some of their weaknesses & Improving upon individual skills ...

kalpurush
January 29, 2011, 01:11 AM
I agree, we should have had a few practice matches.

WE are going to play against the Canadians and Pakistanies under the flood lights, so no worries friend :)

lamisa
January 29, 2011, 09:42 AM
we should practice hard fielding under lights

BanCricFan
January 29, 2011, 03:04 PM
WE are going to play against the Canadians and Pakistanies under the flood lights, so no worries friend :)

Good move this.

Ajfar
January 31, 2011, 10:58 PM
Sometimes a tiny statistic can set things apart, beautifully demonstrating how times have changed.
The much-maligned Javed Omar always seemed like the kid who was thrust into batting ahead of everyone just so that the fastest opposition bowler with the hard new ball was nobody else's problem. Javed did the job manfully and though only successful on a few occasions, he lasted as many as 40 Tests and 59 ODIs.
After Shahriar Nafees did a decent job between 2005 and 2008 and a few like Junaed Siddiqui and Mehrab Hossain were tried as openers on different occasions, during the last days of the doughty right-hander's international career, Javed went out to bat with a frisky new opener.
Javed and Tamim Iqbal opened for Bangladesh on six occasions and each time, the much senior partner took first strike, though with mixed results. Since Javed was shown the door, Tamim has taken up that mantle and subtly changed the face of the Tigers long before their first home World Cup; it was always necessary that they get off to a sound start.
Javed used to be the epitome of stodge, sticking to the wicket for as long as possible to see off the shine of the new red ball. Through Tamim, Bangladesh realised that a good start means 70-0 in 15 overs and not 30-2 in 17 overs.
Apart from the six times he has opened with Javed, Tamim has taken the first ball on every other occasion he has played for Bangladesh. Despite his eight ducks, where he has made the most impact is in the quick starts his bat has provided.
Athar Ali Khan, the former national opener, is highly impressed with the Chittagonian's efforts so far.
"You can be rest assured that runs will come thick and fast when Tamim Iqbal is at the crease," said the man who opened for Bangladesh in 14 ODIs.
"People seem to forget that he has very good technique and as well as that he's explosive. So if he stays for 30 overs, he can get the side a quick hundred," Athar added.
His shot-making ability unbound, Tamim has been given a fine new opening partner who has added much needed stability. Athar feels that the Tamim-Imrul Kayes pairing at the top of the Tigers batting line-up is perfectly balanced.
"I think it's a very good combination. One is aggressive while the other wants to stay in the wicket. Tamim holds no fear and Imrul adds stability and though he can't match Tamim stroke for stroke, his role is very important.
"They have often provided decent starts and I think they are a terrifying prospect for the opposition," said Athar, who had been a national selector till the 2007 World Cup and is juggling his business commitments with commentary duties.
Imrul, after an inauspicious debut in 2008, came to life last year. He put down his improvement to long net sessions with the national coaches (Khaled Mahmud in particular). The left-hander's improvement after missing out on ODIs in 2009 is as much a surprise as the number of shots Tamim has added to his repertoire.
The left-handed duo is by far the most successful opening pair of Bangladesh, making 727 runs from 25 games with four 50-plus stands to their name. Unless something goes terribly wrong during the World Cup, captain Shakib Al Hasan will continue to have faith in this pair.
Their only failing seems to be not carrying the partnership further than 80, their highest partnership till date. It is directly related to Tamim's inability to convert starts into big ones in one-day cricket and the inexperience of Imrul and the fact that frequently the Meherpur lad follows his opening partner to the shed.
But the Tamim-Imrul pair has the huge accolade of being a symbol of progress for Bangladesh cricket, turning a long-time weakness into a veritable strength in the space of two seasons. "Let's go back to the days when we first played one-day internationals and the ICC Trophy days. During that time, the initial philosophy was not to get bundled out before the 50 overs."
"Nowadays, the generation of Tamim, Shakib, Naeem and Mushfiqur, they play to win the game. They have adjusted and adapted well so far," said Athar.
In the last World Cup, Tamim was the one-shot wonder with the in-form Shahriar Nafees opening the batting. After the youngster's initial venom fizzled out, Nafees too failed with the bat and lost his place. This tournament is a litmus test for both Tamim and Imrul and to hold their own. The pair surely know that continuation will be the best solution to give Bangladesh the best starts.

<a href="http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=172337">Link</a>

The stats speaks for itself. Even with his limited ability Imrul managed to provide tamim with some much needed assistance at the top of the order.

shuziburo
February 3, 2011, 09:01 AM
Good idea!

No, great idea!

Tamim XI

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Zunaed Siddique
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah
Naeem Islam
Mohammad Ashraful
Mohammad Sharif (KBKC)
Arafat Sunny (KBKC)
Shahadat Hossain (KBKC)
Kamrul Islam Rabbi (Vic)

Shakib XI

Shahriar Nafees
Fazle Rabbi (Vic)
Raqibul Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan
Dhiman Ghosh (keep him ready in case we need an injury replacement)
Suhrawadi Shuvo (Promote him to have more batting practice
Shafiul Islam (promote to have more batting practice)
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain
Rubel Hossain
Mahmudul Hasan (extra offie to test Tamim and Co)

Zeeshan
February 4, 2011, 11:21 PM
will the matches against canada...pakistan backfire against us lest we perform bad? it's kinda like cramming before the final seconds of final... it's a gambit... while beating pakistan can be HUGE confidence booster...the opposite may spell disaster...thoughts?

kalpurush
February 5, 2011, 05:05 AM
will the matches against canada...pakistan backfire against us lest we perform bad? it's kinda like cramming before the final seconds of final... it's a gambit... while beating pakistan can be HUGE confidence booster...the opposite may spell disaster...thoughts?
Easy win against Canada and a tough fight against Pakistan will do too:)

BanCricFan
February 5, 2011, 05:19 AM

Warm up matches are just that -warm up matches. Result is not important but fine tuning and acclimatization is. But wins would be nice too.

lamisa
February 5, 2011, 08:19 AM
question here. WILL THE PRACTICE MATCHES BE SHOWN ON TV????????

Rifat
February 5, 2011, 02:31 PM
well, quick question: does the warm up matches against Canada and Pakistan count as international status matches?

Naimul_Hd
February 5, 2011, 02:42 PM
well, quick question: does the warm up matches against Canada and Pakistan count as international status matches?

i do not think so.

mac
February 5, 2011, 03:22 PM
If we can beat pakistan, shewag will be shitting his pants.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

MohammedC
February 11, 2011, 11:35 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jq4sHACpC5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glimpse of Rubel bowling.

MohammedC
February 11, 2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/bangladesh%20team%20practice%2011-02-11%20-%2021.JPG
:outbad::outbad:

http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/bangladesh%20team%20practice%2011-02-11%20-%2020.JPG
:six::six::six:

BanCricFan
February 11, 2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks, MohammedC.

Banglaguy
February 11, 2011, 01:54 PM
If it was ashraful bowling against ashraful... Who would win, bowler or batsmen?

firstlane
February 11, 2011, 09:51 PM
If it was ashraful bowling against ashraful... Who would win, bowler or batsmen?

the bowler, no doubt.

Zeeshan
February 11, 2011, 10:27 PM
new jersey/kit gula beshi super....so what it's not green and red. fute utshe shundor. =)

MohammedC
February 14, 2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks, MohammedC.

You are welcome. Here is today's Channel-i news clip on Bangladesh Cricket

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i-mgtMfzq98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MohammedC
February 14, 2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/Ban110214-05.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/Ban110214-17.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/Ban110214-16.jpg

Bangladesh Team practising today for more picture go to Source: www.banglanews24.com.bd

Nafis 1718
February 14, 2011, 01:03 PM
You are welcome. Here is today's Channel-i news clip on Bangladesh Cricket

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i-mgtMfzq98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thnxx for the vdo