PDA

View Full Version : Too much emphasis on India game, is it good or bad?

ma_o_mati
January 19, 2011, 12:21 PM
We are playing 5 other teams beside India. I, myself, am very excited for that match cause it is the opening match and that nostalgic feeling of beating them in the last world cup makes it more exciting...Tamim vs. Zaheer is always a treat for the fans

But by focusing too much on one game might hurt us like it did in the t20 wc in England. If we win that's great but if we lose then it can demoralize the team...We shouldn't take Ireland/ Netherlands for granted and we have be on top of our game to beat West Indies...Our main target should be to beat these 3 teams...and then one of India/ Eng/ SA...

We should take this game just like any other game...a step toward the ultimate goal...to win the world cup...

I hope we take each game as they come professionally, not emotionally

Rabz
January 19, 2011, 12:25 PM
You can't help it.
Its inevitable.
We are connected with eeendia in so many ways, for all of us, thats the biggest game, naturally.

Jadukor
January 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
yep its the toughest game in the group.... would be amazing to beat them but i am happy as long as we qualify to the next round

Dilscoop
January 19, 2011, 05:03 PM
Way to much hype over that match. I can foresee heartbroken BC-ers and bashing threads. I just hope our players are not caught up in the hype. Because if they are, and if we lose that match (which is very likely. call me a sissy, but bookies won't put money on us atm) our spirit will be down for rest of the WC.

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2011, 05:57 PM
It's not the only game we're playing. Yes, a win will be a huge boost and yes Siddons will have to *whip* the players if we lose, but we still have other opponents to worry about.

Then again, losing is never an option. But that's what the whip is for.

Raynman
January 19, 2011, 06:03 PM
Until the match is done ALL the emphasis SHOULD be on India. Once its over the emphasis moves to IRELAND and so on ....

irampool
January 19, 2011, 06:43 PM
Over the last 6 months or so, the worst thing that I have been noticing is the way too much hype about this match from us Bangladeshis! We have been expressing a bit too much confident thoughts about this match and that's what making us writing stupid things in places like cricinfo too!

I know it's an emotional attachment and so we all are pretty much excited about this match, and that's completely understandable, but the way we have been expressing this excitement is a bit odd.

simon
January 19, 2011, 06:51 PM
You can't help it.
Its inevitable.
We are connected with eeendia in so many ways, for all of us, thats the biggest game, naturally.

I hv to agree with u.:)

Roni_uk
January 19, 2011, 06:59 PM
sorry who is giving too much emphasis? I am only worried about Ireland. Netharland should be easy to beat and for the rest, well the oppositions are favourite to win ... so no shame in losing against them ;)... Ireland.,, just get Ireland!!

Night_wolf
January 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
can't avoid the inevitable

Sohel
January 19, 2011, 11:29 PM
The India game is critical because success-off-the gate almost always provides HUGE momentum in a tournament.

mafizraju
January 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
India and SA will be the two toughest games. SA has a very strong top order, statistically over last two years better than India. So it will be difficult. we will need to be at our 130 percent to win. The rest we should be able to tackle with 100%. So yes India match is not our Final.it is really just a match. Unfortunately this is the opening and we will want to be in the high note after that. So winning is a must.

mafizraju
January 19, 2011, 11:56 PM
I think if BD is not taking the WC, either Pak and SL is going to be a winner. Pakistan and SL will go to semis for sure. Pakistan is always dangerous after serious mess and they had their lows in England. They did well in NZ and probably will do fantastic. SL, because there is so little hype about them. India is too big to win. And Saffers are bunch of chokers, they have not done anything since the great running the between mess believe otherwise!

al Furqaan
January 20, 2011, 12:02 AM
gotta agree with raynman...

but even if we lose, a entirely probable and actually likely scenarion, we can qualify.

the way i see it, england/SA/India will finish ontop. that leaves one spot left. WI can be counted on to lose all 3 games against the top sides. but lets say they win one...if we beat one of the 4 giants and take care of business against the minnows, we'd be in a tie with teh WI. fairly likely scenario.

we have to bat first against the minnows and aim to put up 300 each time. there can be none of this "bowl first" against Ireland or Netherlands, unless the conditions really call for bowling first. we have to take as much advantage from NRR as possible. guaranteed the other teams will. this is my big fear.

last time, had it come down to NRR, we would have lost and lost big time. it didn't and that was a fair chance because there so few games.

but against india we need to make them bat first and hope to put them under pressure. anything less than 300 will be a good bowling effort and chaseable given their bowling attack.

mafizraju
January 20, 2011, 12:02 AM
BTW is this going to be the youngest team to play WC? any calculator? last time we had belim, haba, rafique, this time the oldest is Raj being 28

BanCricFan
January 20, 2011, 06:20 AM
The India game is critical because success-off-the gate almost always provides HUGE momentum in a tournament.

Exentemente. Opening match against India is that crucial.

zainab
January 20, 2011, 06:31 AM
Too much hype about the India match, at the moment India is beating South Africa in their own backyard. This is not 2007 when India was caught unaware.

imahmud
January 20, 2011, 07:02 AM
The concept is to focus on only one game at a time and this is our very first match. Concentrating this first critical game is very important as if we can win this game, rest of the matches would be easier to handle and pressure would be lowered and will have better chances to win more. So, lets not worry too much about the other for now. If we can start with a bang, it would be hard to stop us.

kalpurush
January 20, 2011, 07:50 AM
gotta agree with raynman...

but even if we lose, a entirely probable and actually likely scenarion, we can qualify.

the way i see it, england/SA/India will finish ontop. that leaves one spot left. WI can be counted on to lose all 3 games against the top sides. but lets say they win one...if we beat one of the 4 giants and take care of business against the minnows, we'd be in a tie with teh WI. fairly likely scenario.

we have to bat first against the minnows and aim to put up 300 each time. there can be none of this "bowl first" against Ireland or Netherlands, unless the conditions really call for bowling first. we have to take as much advantage from NRR as possible. guaranteed the other teams will. this is my big fear.

last time, had it come down to NRR, we would have lost and lost big time. it didn't and that was a fair chance because there so few games.

but against india we need to make them bat first and hope to put them under pressure. anything less than 300 will be a good bowling effort and chaseable given their bowling attack.
We are playing D/N match against the Irish and day match against the Dutch.
Batting second would be much wiser against the Irish as it is a Day / Night match if we win the toss, isn't?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=630 border=0 sizcache="0" sizset="5"><TBODY sizcache="0" sizset="5"><TR class=FixOtr><TD width="28%">Sat Feb 12
14:30 local | 08:30 GMT
</TD><TD width="50%">Bangladesh v Canada
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong </TD><TD width="20%"></TD><TD align=right width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=FixOtr><TD width="28%">Tue Feb 15
</TD><TD width="50%">Bangladesh v Pakistan
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur </TD><TD width="20%"></TD><TD align=right width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=FixOdi><TD width="28%">Sat Feb 19
</TD><TD width="50%">ICC Cricket World Cup
1st Match, Group B - India v Bangladesh
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur </TD><TD width="20%"></TD><TD align=right width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=FixOdi><TD width="28%">Fri Feb 25
9th Match, Group B - Bangladesh v Ireland
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur </TD><TD width="20%"></TD><TD align=right width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=FixOdi><TD width="28%">Fri Mar 4
19th Match, Group B - Bangladesh v West Indies
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur </TD><TD width="20%"></TD><TD align=right width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=FixOdi><TD width="28%">Fri Mar 11
28th Match, Group B - Bangladesh v England
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong </TD><TD width="20%"></TD><TD align=right width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=FixOdi><TD width="28%">Mon Mar 14
09:30 local | 03:30 GMT
32nd Match, Group B - Bangladesh v Netherlands
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong </TD><TD width="20%"></TD><TD align=right width="5%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width=630 bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=FixOdi><TD width="28%">Sat Mar 19
09:30 local | 03:30 GMT
39th Match, Group B - Bangladesh v South Africa
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

shuziburo
January 20, 2011, 09:09 AM
India and SA will be the two toughest games. SA has a very strong top order, statistically over last two years better than India. So it will be difficult. we will need to be at our 130 percent to win. The rest we should be able to tackle with 100%. So yes India match is not our Final.it is really just a match. Unfortunately this is the opening and we will want to be in the high note after that. So winning is a must.

Actually, SA lower order has been exposed in the current series. However, they have a huge strength, which is also our huge weakness. Seam bowling. We might lose against both, but given that the match will be in the subcontinent, we might fare better against SA. Plus, SA is well known for their struggles against spin.

lamisa
January 20, 2011, 09:31 AM
of course it's bad but ki korbo bolen?eeendiar shathe amader jei chemistry...i wonder,if we win against eendia Inshallah,amader manonio prodhanmontri ki porer din kalo badge porben?

shuziburo
January 20, 2011, 09:46 AM
of course it's bad but ki korbo bolen?eeendiar shathe amader jei chemistry...i wonder,if we win against eendia Inshallah,amader manonio prodhanmontri ki porer din kalo badge porben?

ke jane? porteo paren. bhobisshot to bola jai na!