PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafee's exclusion: Right or Wrong?

Purna
January 20, 2011, 06:31 AM
Mashrafee bin Mortaza has been excluded from the final 15-men squad for the World Cup 2011. Mashrafee regards the day of exclusion as the worst day of his life and says that he was quite confident that his name would be there in the final squad. But unfortunately luck has not been on the fromer BD captain's side. Selectors and Captain Shakib-Al-Hasan say that there are still chances for Mashrafee to play the World Cup, if he recover and become 100% fit before 9 February, but this issue is stil vague. Some think that the selectors have taken the right decision whereas the others think that they should have given 'Noraile Express' a chance...and then if he turned out to be unfit, they could find a replacement. What is your opinion in this case? (And it would be helpful if you justify your reason for choosing the option)

magic boy
January 20, 2011, 06:40 AM
whereas the others think that they should have given 'Noraile Express' a chance...and then if he turned out to be unfit, they could find a replacement.

as far as i know, there is a technical board of ICC.Who will be monitoring every team from many aspects. They will record wheather a player is fit/unfit or injured.

Purna
January 20, 2011, 06:53 AM
as far as i know, there is a technical board of ICC.Who will be monitoring every team from many aspects. They will record wheather a player is fit/unfit or injured.

I am not sure about this thing and don't know much about it in depth....I heard about it though...but at least everyone in BD says that Mashrafee is not fit. But I am sure that Mashrafee is not at all fit at the moment and he isn't eligible for playing the World Cup

Night_wolf
January 20, 2011, 06:59 AM
good decision..it isnt the end of the road for mash..

Baundule
January 20, 2011, 08:15 AM
Very good decision. We are not dumb like the Australians or Indians or the British that we will select injured players in the team. If Mashrafe gets fit before the match, we will ask Nazmul to act as being injured and replace him with Mash. In that way, Nazmul will have a bright future as an actor in Bangla movies as well.

riankhan
January 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
What is your opinion in this case? (And it would be helpful if you justify your reason for choosing the option)

I am a big fan of Mash. But voted 'Yes'.
I am sure if his fitness report suggested enough positives, then he would have been selected.
He will still lack on match practice if he gets fit during the tournament as well (though I hope....by some miracle.....he comes back strong).
Lets the professionals do their job.

WC Back to BC after a long sis.

BANFAN
January 20, 2011, 08:58 AM
If we do well in WC it was right.

So, lets wait a few more days. For the time being, i'd like to think yes.

shuziburo
January 20, 2011, 09:00 AM
Although I am saddened by this, this is probably for the best. Especially Mash himself. I felt that he was jeopardizing his long-term health by his many comebacks. (I applaud his heart, but he should listen to his brain.)

lamisa
January 20, 2011, 09:15 AM
thinking about the long run and our beloved mash,i voted yes.we all want to see him for a long time in the future :). one can say that his exclusion was for the greater good...

roman
January 20, 2011, 09:19 AM
I voted yes and I love Mash. I hope he comes back soon...

Mahir
January 20, 2011, 09:24 AM
Although I am saddened by this, this is probably for the best. Especially Mash himself. I felt that he was jeopardizing his long-term health by his many comebacks. (I applaud his heart, but he should listen to his brain.)

Second that.

If we waited until February 8th for his status at the eleventh hour and included him in this squad, and even if he was at his 70%-80%, we would have probably kept him in the squad and play him, mainly out of emotion. That would just make his actual injury situation worse. In the midst of all this hoopla about including him in the WC squad, we've almost overlooked the fact that his injury this time was very severe, one that would almost certainly require another surgery. He was put in a therapy rehab with the WC in mind, and I've always felt thats just a risk at getting him back in the team in the short-term.

Mashrafee's body can't afford to take another major breakdown in all likelihood after this latest setback. And he's not even close to his 30s. So with another 5/6 of cricket left in him, he should focus on playing the percentage when it comes to physical fitness, and take this practically.

Ajfar
January 20, 2011, 09:33 AM

Well said. I don't think anyone has doubt over what Mash is capable of doing. And we want to see him serve the country for a long time. I think its the best decision for him and the team.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

magic boy
January 20, 2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by magic boy
as far as i know, there is a technical board of ICC.Who will be monitoring every team from many aspects. They will record whether a player is fit/unfit or injured.

I am not sure about this thing and don't know much about it in depth....I heard about it though...but at least everyone in BD says that Mashrafee is not fit. But I am sure that Mashrafee is not at all fit at the moment and he isn't eligible for playing the World Cup

I couldn't finish my reply for a reason.here is rest of it.

as far as i know, there is a technical board of ICC.Who will be monitoring every team from many aspects. They will record whether a player is fit/unfit or injured.If an already injured player is named with full awareness of his respective board & others, then he will not get anymore chance of being replaced by another backup player during the tournament.That technical board which record him as unfit will not let the team to replace the previously known injured player.

In case of Mashrafe bin Murtoza

- He can not replaced by another player out of 15 if he has been selected as an unfit player tested by the ICC Technical Board.Then Bangladesh will be bound to play only fit 14 or less player by the official law.

- 60 consecutive days under huge pressure.no one will remain 100% fit through this long journey. whereas Mashrafe bin Murtoza is well known injury prone cricketer. you cant risk an important spot out of just 15 in a tournament called world cup.Moreover he has some previous record of being injured and thrown out of the field in match/series.

- There is good chance for him being replaced later if someone gets injured during the world cup.Till then he will get enough time to be totally fit. There is a saying regarding world cup, ''you have to be 200% fit to play in the World Cup''.

- This is not the end.He is still so young and one of the most valuable cricketers with bright future.If World Cup at home is the matter hurting him, then he must dream for the next T-20 World Cup that will be fully hosted by Bangladesh, see , why worry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2SoltmZEc)?

MarufH
January 20, 2011, 10:06 AM
right decision. I like I said before, he has a life to live after cricket.

Eshen
January 20, 2011, 10:53 PM
Totally right decision. I just don't buy the argument that he can magically get back his full form within one month without any match practice. Even if we need an injury replacement for a pacer during WC, I will prefer Shahadat (who has shown a decent form in the Dhaka league) instead of a half fit Mash.

PoorFan
January 21, 2011, 03:11 AM
How on earth one can be fit to play in WC without having match practice for so long? And right now he cant even run on his feet!

crikfreak
January 21, 2011, 04:43 AM
i love mashrafe and i'd love to see him play in the WC more than anyone else...

but..but..but... this is no time to get emotional... yes i cried when i saw him cry... cried a lot actually... bt then realised.. this was probably for the best...

i love mash... n i love his life... n i dont want him 2 spend it on a wheelchair... if he rushed now... his career might have been over for good... n it might have resulted in some serious trouble which myt hv even ended with him in a wheelchair..
bt now... he has time... he has time to get back slowly... n not at the cost of his life... he can work towards his goal.. slowly... so that he doesnt jeopardize his health...
he still has a lot of cricket left in him.. n Insha Allah... we'll see it... just not right now...
once again/.. i wish him best of luck... i wish he comes back... n this time.. for real... stronger than ever...

all we can do now is wait for our mash...

bt ooooh how i wish he was playing...
despite all that i said... i'll never be able to enjoi the WC without mashrafe....:(:(

sheikh
January 21, 2011, 09:28 AM
Voted 'Yes'. Demand of the situation.

I am playing as a selector here.

Tamim: Auto Choice
Imrul: Auto Choice

Junaed: Two 50s in last three internationals. In last 15 matches, 5 innings of 50+ including one 97 and one 100. He retains his position in the squad.

SN: Given his recent domestic and international performance against New Zealand and considering the uncertainty of Junaed he comes to the team. Nafis May be an option as a number 4 also. So a good pick in the 15.

Number 4 is a very weak position.

We have the options in Ash, Rock, Zahurul. At least one should play as number 4 while SN already is in the team as a backup. In last 15 one day international innings Ashraful scored 288 runs with two 50+ innings at an average of 19, where as Raqibul scored 356 runs hitting same number of 50+ scores from same number of innings at an average of 27. Rock’s recent match winning 50+ against Zimbabwe and his fielding keeps him ahead. Moreover, being the favorite of coach and captain, he claimed his position.

Zahurul’s recent performance could not keep him any way near the team. He is out automatically.

But do we have any place for Ash? What if Junaed and Rock both underperforms which is not totally unlikely.

Ash remains as a question for Number 4.

Shakib and Mushfiq: Auto Choice.

Razzak: Auto Choice.

In games where the opponent is expected to be weaker against spin or if the pitch is slow and low like the games against Zimbabwe and New Zealand, we may need a third SLA Bowler. Having Enamul already out of 23 men squad and given the recent performance of Shuvo, he is picked without much question.

At least one all-rounder from Shabbir, Alok, Riad and Nayeem shall be in playing eleven in all the games. Out of them due to recent international match performance, Nayeem shall be ahead of all. He scored 315 runs from last 15 batting innings at an average of 35 and took 10 wickets from last 15 bowling innings. Whereas Riad scored 277 runs averaging 23 and took 8 wickets from the same. So, Nayeem again being the popular with the team, having better fielding and bowling ability and better batting performance in last 15 innings, gets in ahead of Riad.

But for some matches if we do prefer to play with two pacers and also keep the SLA out of the team to lengthen the batting order, we shall require at least one more all-rounder. Recent domestic form of Riad and Alok being out of any types of international matches for so long does the trick for Riad and he gets in ahead of Alok.

Shabbir is not considered as it will be a very big gamble to introduce him in the WC.

But are we happy with what we already have as innings finisher? Not totally. Because the strike rate of Nayeem and Riad are not satisfactory as a finisher. So we need a finisher in the team in case we need to use.

Cannot we keep Alok in the squad, to be taken in the 11 if at some point the team management finds that they really need someone dashing to play the power play?

Hey, Ash could be an option at this position also. He played kind of same role in the last WC also. And bowling wise…? Not too bad these days. He got 11 wickets in the domestic ongoing tournament.

Let us come to the fast bowling department.

Should we pick Mashrafi despite his injury?

Two consecutive injuries one against the first game of New Zealand series and the other against one domestic game kept him out for long. So even if he is taken in the team, there should be a fourth fast bowler in the team for him. That means, whether we pick Mashrafi or not, either way we need another three fast bowlers at least.

Let’s pick them first.

Shafiul and Rubel come in without any doubt.

Whom should we take from Nazmul and Shahadat? Nazmul’s 19 wickets in last 15 international bowling innings against 11 wickets of Shahadat in last same number of innings, speaks for Nazmul. Being it a one day tournament and considering the recent match winning performance against New Zealand, Nazmul gets in.

Now should we take Mash or not?

Before picking mashrafi, Let us count the picks so far. 1. Tamim 2. Imrul 3. Junaed 4. Nafis 5. Rokibul 6. Shakib 7. Mushfiq 8. Razzak 9. Shuvo 10. Riad 11. Nayem. 12. Shafiul 13. Rubel 14. Nazmul.

We have only one spot to choose from Ash. Alok and Mash.

To make the squad stronger we Need: to strengthen number 4 option, to strengthen ‘finisher’ option, to strengthen Pace Bowling option.

Ashraful and Mashrafi serves at least two needs, where as Alok serves one. So have to select one from Ashraful and Mashrafi.

Due to importance of the pick, to balance the side, we cannot take chance with injured Mashrafi.

Ashraful makes it, as the 15th Man, as a player considered to be an option for both number 4 and ‘finisher’.

No option left to pick the fourth fast bowler.

Sorry Mash. Good luck in the rehabilitation program.

Zunaid
January 21, 2011, 09:46 AM
Excellent analysis. Wanted to say more but hard to type on the phone while half asleep.

This is QED.

ialbd
January 21, 2011, 10:57 AM
that was a thorough analysis Sheikh.... hard to disagree (although I think Kapali can serve as both no. 4 & a 'finisher' but anyway...)

hbk619
January 21, 2011, 11:41 AM

Junaed: Two 50s in last three internationals. In last 15 matches, 5 innings of 50+ including one 97 and one 100. He retains his position in the squad.

SN: Given his recent domestic and international performance against New Zealand and considering the uncertainty of Junaed he comes to the team. Nafis May be an option as a number 4 also. So a good pick in the 15.

We have the options in Ash, Rock, Zahurul. At least one should play as number 4 while SN already is in the team as a backup. In last 15 one day international innings Ashraful scored 288 runs with two 50+ innings at an average of 19, where as Raqibul scored 356 runs hitting same number of 50+ scores from same number of innings at an average of 27. Rock’s recent match winning 50+ against Zimbabwe and his fielding keeps him ahead. Moreover, being the favorite of coach and captain, he claimed his position.

Zahurul’s recent performance could not keep him any way near the team. He is out automatically.

But do we have any place for Ash? What if Junaed and Rock both underperforms which is not totally unlikely.

In games where the opponent is expected to be weaker against spin or if the pitch is slow and low like the games against Zimbabwe and New Zealand, we may need a third SLA Bowler. Having Enamul already out of 23 men squad and given the recent performance of Shuvo, he is picked without much question.

At least one all-rounder from Shabbir, Alok, Riad and Nayeem shall be in playing eleven in all the games. Out of them due to recent international match performance, Nayeem shall be ahead of all. He scored 315 runs from last 15 batting innings at an average of 35 and took 10 wickets from last 15 bowling innings. Whereas Riad scored 277 runs averaging 23 and took 8 wickets from the same. So, Nayeem again being the popular with the team, having better fielding and bowling ability and better batting performance in last 15 innings, gets in ahead of Riad.

But for some matches if we do prefer to play with two pacers and also keep the SLA out of the team to lengthen the batting order, we shall require at least one more all-rounder. Recent domestic form of Riad and Alok being out of any types of international matches for so long does the trick for Riad and he gets in ahead of Alok.

Shabbir is not considered as it will be a very big gamble to introduce him in the WC.

But are we happy with what we already have as innings finisher? Not totally. Because the strike rate of Nayeem and Riad are not satisfactory as a finisher. So we need a finisher in the team in case we need to use.

Cannot we keep Alok in the squad, to be taken in the 11 if at some point the team management finds that they really need someone dashing to play the power play?

Hey, Ash could be an option at this position also. He played kind of same role in the last WC also. And bowling wise…? Not too bad these days. He got 11 wickets in the domestic ongoing tournament.

Two consecutive injuries one against the first game of New Zealand series and the other against one domestic game kept him out for long. So even if he is taken in the team, there should be a fourth fast bowler in the team for him. That means, whether we pick Mashrafi or not, either way we need another three fast bowlers at least.

Let’s pick them first.

Whom should we take from Nazmul and Shahadat? Nazmul’s 19 wickets in last 15 international bowling innings against 11 wickets of Shahadat in last same number of innings, speaks for Nazmul. Being it a one day tournament and considering the recent match winning performance against New Zealand, Nazmul gets in.

Before picking mashrafi, Let us count the picks so far. 1. Tamim 2. Imrul 3. Junaed 4. Nafis 5. Rokibul 6. Shakib 7. Mushfiq 8. Razzak 9. Shuvo 10. Riad 11. Nayem. 12. Shafiul 13. Rubel 14. Nazmul.

To make the squad stronger we Need: to strengthen number 4 option, to strengthen ‘finisher’ option, to strengthen Pace Bowling option.

Ashraful and Mashrafi serves at least two needs, where as Alok serves one. So have to select one from Ashraful and Mashrafi.

Due to importance of the pick, to balance the side, we cannot take chance with injured Mashrafi.

Ashraful makes it, as the 15th Man, as a player considered to be an option for both number 4 and ‘finisher’.

tamim
imrul
mushfique
Shakib
Nafees
Ashraful/mahmudullah
Naeem
Alok/Sabbir/shubho
Razzak
Shafiul
Rubel

no?:S

Dilscoop
January 21, 2011, 11:43 AM
Good to know that there are only a handful of you who thinks irrationally. 18.37%

Ajfar
January 21, 2011, 12:05 PM
^ come on man stop with the 'thela dhakka'. Everyone has their own opinion be it right or wrong. Its not worth fighting for it over and over again.

Dilscoop
January 21, 2011, 12:28 PM
Who is fighting? Why is it that if few guys disagrees with few other guys and have conversation, discussion and arguments, it becomes a fight here? That's why we are all here in this forum, to talk about our differences and the similarities on BD cricket. It's not against the law you know. (btw I am not referring to this thread, but in hortal thread)

wait what's "thela dhakka"? :S

sheikh
January 21, 2011, 12:41 PM
that was a thorough analysis Sheikh.... hard to disagree (although I think Kapali can serve as both no. 4 & a 'finisher' but anyway...)

I tend to agree with Eshen bhai what he wrote in the Dhaka Premier League thread

156 runs and 7 wickets in 9 matches! Makes me wonder why there is so much hype surrounding Kapali at this point!

tamim
imrul
mushfique
Shakib
Nafees
Ashraful/mahmudullah
Naeem
Alok/Sabbir/shubho
Razzak
Shafiul
Rubel

no?:S

My previous post shows why I disagree with Sabbir and Alok's Inclusion. And I really can not Justify Junaed's exclusion.

The team you have choosen will have less variation interms of combination for different games if necessary.

And the batting order..hmm...should have tried something like this at least from one year ago..its too late.

Excellent analysis. Wanted to say more but hard to type on the phone while half asleep.

This is QED.

Thanks Bro.

Sauron
January 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
Country before person.

I trust that if Shakib and Siddons are happy with the team, that is the best possible (not necessarily perfect) team. It would be great to have Mashrafe, but only if he is firing on all cylinders - which is a pipe dream currently.

Murad
January 21, 2011, 02:03 PM
They could've talked to him before announcing the squad. Especially the captain and coach. Every other team do inform the senior players if they are in or out.

He wouldn't react like this if he knew he was out.

Roni_uk
January 21, 2011, 02:35 PM
wow - interesting poll, 76% supports the decision. How does it justify Norail's strike then :)

I initially supported it but thinking about it, he should have been included since WC goes on for 6 wks! He ought to be better by 19th Feb to face India, if not by 19th March to face SA.

riankhan
January 21, 2011, 03:54 PM
wow - interesting poll, 76% supports the decision. How does it justify Norail's strike then :)

Seems 90% support Mash.....but 76% support his exclusion.
==Our heart belongs to Norail......but brain stays in head.
(@BC)

Dhakablues
January 21, 2011, 04:20 PM
Personally, I feel, as well as all the ex-captains of Bangaldesh team feels, it was a wrong decision and for that matterthere is so much hoopla against that decision versus not many are really upset of Ashraful in and Alok out. But to force Mashrafee by a backdoor will make the current team unstable, distracted and wont go well when Mashrafee is played only one match.. Two wrongs dont make one right!!

Tiger-ess
January 21, 2011, 05:40 PM
Dont even know what to think anymore.

The burning question for me though, why the eff did Mashrafi have to read about his exclusion from a paper or being told by media, when he should've been directly by the selectors from the second they made their decision.

bujhee kom
January 21, 2011, 05:54 PM
Oi Dhanmondir Purna apu! Tumi pondit miah, poll diso, tao abar Public Poll dau nai...tahole amra janbo kibhabe, bujhbo kibhabe ke kone vote dieche? Ekhane forum-e bohoo tout/Batpar ache jader mukhosh unmookto kora dorkar...hoito post-e boltese ek kotha, kintoo dekha jaabe vote dise total opposite, aar moche taa dicche aar haashtese!

Ami vote disi, I don't know. Eita khoobi tough bepaar!
The way I see it is a team for a top event like this/WC has to be fit and 100% super-fit. Like a real Olympian...but maybe we don't have a lot of players like that in our team anyway, maybe we do, I don't know and that's a different discussion. But it is indeed a very Shameful and Unprofessional of BCB admin the way they handle these issues, the way they do business, the way they mistreat/disrespect an athlete....but again, what better do you expect from people(BCB) like these?

The change has to come from our within...the change has to come from the youth leadership of our country/society...it's all upto the youth generation to reshape and rebuild this country and to lead us to true enlightenment. Remember, all the old folks, people like me are stained and tarnished, only a conscience-full future, a fresh clean start can save us now!

One World
January 21, 2011, 06:00 PM
To me Shahadat > Injured Mash >>>> Nazmul

view360
January 21, 2011, 08:20 PM
Just think about our national football team where the coach needs to deal with not one but 11 Mashrafee like characters just to get sacked himself by BFF. We are lucky that Cricket is far superior way 'quantitatively measurable' than football where each aspect of the performance vectors can be put onto close scrutiny.
I strongly believe that the nature will certainly take matter in it's hand this time and put the Mashrafee saga to rest once and for all. At the end of the day , a crippling horse draws little appeal at the race course. There is no career in cricket for Mashrafee after the world cup while he might consider a political career in Narail instead.

Zeeshan
January 21, 2011, 09:46 PM
Oi Dhanmondir Purna apu! Tumi pondit miah, poll diso, tao abar Public Poll dau nai...tahole amra janbo kibhabe, bujhbo kibhabe ke kone vote dieche? Ekhane forum-e bohoo tout/Batpar ache jader mukhosh unmookto kora dorkar...hoito post-e boltese ek kotha, kintoo dekha jaabe vote dise total opposite, aar moche taa dicche aar haashtese!

Ami vote disi, I don't know. Eita khoobi tough bepaar!
The way I see it is a team for a top event like this/WC has to be fit and 100% super-fit. Like a real Olympian...but maybe we don't have a lot of players like that in our team anyway, maybe we do, I don't know and that's a different discussion. But it is indeed a very Shameful and Unprofessional of BCB admin the way they handle these issues, the way they do business, the way they mistreat/disrespect an athlete....but again, what better do you expect from people(BCB) like these?

The change has to come from our within...the change has to come from the youth leadership of our country/society...it's all upto the youth generation to reshape and rebuild this country and to lead us to true enlightenment. Remember, all the old folks, people like me are stained and tarnished, only a conscience-full future, a fresh clean start can save us now!

bochada jara jara (17) vote dise tader chena onek shoja. Black t-shirt er moton tara avy change kore nai. They think Shakib doesn't want him in the team and doesn't want to change the avy to him. Take murad or akabir77 or dhakablues for example. :smug:

Someone prove or disprove the Mahmud Hypothesis.

aniksh1
January 21, 2011, 10:41 PM
Just repeating what lot of people have said: kolponar baire...amader best bowler team-ey nei

LBW103
January 21, 2011, 10:55 PM
I am a big fan of Mash. But voted 'Yes'.
I am sure if his fitness report suggested enough positives, then he would have been selected.
He will still lack on match practice if he gets fit during the tournament as well (though I hope....by some miracle.....he comes back strong).
Lets the professionals do their job.

WC Back to BC after a long sis.

I feel you have made the most important point of all. Fitness (injury free) does NOT equal match practice. Even with a fully fit Mash he will not have bowled in match conditions for almost 2 months. Nets cannot replicate match conditions where you also have to field for 50 overs. Perhaps all of these factors are at play..

Baundule
January 22, 2011, 02:45 AM
I feel you have made the most important point of all. Fitness (injury free) does NOT equal match practice. Even with a fully fit Mash he will not have bowled in match conditions for almost 2 months. Nets cannot replicate match conditions where you also have to field for 50 overs. Perhaps all of these factors are at play..
No one in our team is going to get proper match practice. We do not have any international match before the world cup. League matches are helpful; but does not have pressure comparable to international matches. We have some warm up matches and that should do for an experienced player to get back his rythm.

Banglaguy
January 22, 2011, 06:38 AM
If statistics is anything to go by, Shafiul is a better nowler than mash.... If you discount 2006 (the year bangladesh played the minnows) then mashrafe record is poor, whereas if shafiul hsas got 32 against top flight oppostition..

Haru-party
January 22, 2011, 07:08 AM
If statistics is anything to go by, Shafiul is a better nowler than mash.... If you discount 2006 (the year bangladesh played the minnows) then mashrafe record is poor, whereas if shafiul hsas got 32 against top flight oppostition..

you are making me laugh now bhai

riankhan
January 22, 2011, 08:56 AM
No one in our team is going to get proper match practice. We do not have any international match before the world cup. League matches are helpful; but does not have pressure comparable to international matches. We have some warm up matches and that should do for an experienced player to get back his rythm.

Mash didn't play DPL and wont be able to play any practice matches and the first group match against India as well. Board is considering him to play the 2nd match against Ireland, not before that.

If you bar the economy rate and batting, then there aren't that much differences.

Mash and Shaif's overall record:

Mash ==> 116 mat -- 145 wkt -- 30.39 avg -- 4.57 economy
Shafi ==> 23 mat -- 32 wkt -- 31.56 avg -- 6.27 economy

Source: (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/best_career_bowling_average.html?class=2;id=25;typ e=team)

Shafi might become better, but not till now!

soccer20reverse
January 22, 2011, 08:59 AM
Plus, Mashrafee is Married, but Shafiul isn't.

ehtasum_
January 22, 2011, 12:35 PM
Just saw it on NTV news:

Mashrafee is going to Sri-lanka for some check-up. He's hoping to come back with good news and hopeful for the WC team.

Poor guy was tearing up when they were trying to interview him.

rinathq
January 22, 2011, 12:57 PM
Suggesting Shafiul as a better bowler is utmost stupidity.
There is absolutely no doubt that Mashrafee is the best pacer for Bangladesh Upto this point and will remain so for next couple of years!

view360
January 22, 2011, 01:13 PM
Say , BD beats India and the pacers performed well. Will BD opt to break the wining combination by including Mash with questionable match fitness in to the XI against the Irish under political pressure ? Can BD afford this luxury when qualification for the second round is on card ? This will certainly affect the team moral for the worst. We are hearing a lot of rumours about a second opinion and this kind of rumours should not be entertained by the board.

crikfreak
January 22, 2011, 01:18 PM

now this really makes no sense..... :S:S

Eshen
January 22, 2011, 01:42 PM
Say , BD beats India and the pacers performed well. Will BD opt to break the wining combination by including Mash with questionable match fitness in to the XI against the Irish under political pressure ? Can BD afford this luxury when qualification for the second round is on card ? This will certainly affect the team moral for the worst. We are hearing a lot of rumours about a second opinion and this kind of rumours should not be entertained by the board.Even if we lose our opening match against India, that will not mean end of our World Cup hope or our chance to advance to the next level. Last thing the board do is to cause confusion among the three pacers currently in the squad with kind of comments they are making about the possible inclusion of Mashrafe at the middle of the World Cup. What they are saying can be interpreted as they have so low confidence on the current trio that they are still considering to include an out of match practice and far from his own full strength veteran in place of one of them - this is certainly damaging to the moral of the team.

Murad
January 22, 2011, 01:59 PM
Rubel and Shafiul are not fully fit. Rubel can breakdown at any moment. He has back problem. He couldn't play all the games in DPL.

That's why selectors said Mash has a chance to be in the WC team.

firstlane
January 22, 2011, 07:31 PM
[বাংলা]Srilanka jawar aage doa chailen mashrafe[/বাংলা]
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Download&pub_no=409&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&news_id=123357

I know their legitimacy is in question but this article looks reasonable.

But this one is a piece of crap

[বাংলা]Mashrafe'r Kanna Jeno Omongoler Chaya Na Fele[/বাংলা]
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Hotel&pub_no=409&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=5

Ananna
January 22, 2011, 09:30 PM
Here is Mashrafee's column in todays PA.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-01-23/news/125638

Jadukor
January 22, 2011, 09:47 PM
its a difficult question.... I would say the exclusion is the best thing that could happen to Mashrafi as a cricketer... Now he would get enough time to heal properly and prolong his career... All these frequent injuries point to one thing... he is being brought back too early without giving enough time for the muscle to grow and strengthen... so this forced hiatus would help him get back to full fitness.

As far as WC team is concerned... we could have taken a risk with Mashrafi...just like Australia is taking for Hussey or India is taking for Sehwag... He is an impact player and He gives a lot of balance to the side as a lower order batsman... without him the tail looks too long... He is also the kind of bowler that can tie the runs down and create wickets for his partner... with Shafiul and Rubel... i am afraid there will be one bad ball every over... do the absence of both bowler and batter mashrafi is a huge loss for the side...

Murad
January 23, 2011, 01:30 PM
Monday, January 24, 2011

Mashrafe doesn't need op
Sports Reporter

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza has been told by Dr David Young to continue conservative rehabilitation to recover from his knee injury.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) will receive an official report from the Australian orthopaedic surgeon and Mashrafe will be on the same programme from the time he arrives in the capital today.

Mashrafe flew to Colombo to visit Young who informed him that there wouldn't be a need for an operation although it could become a reality if there's no improvement through this rehab.

"He will be asked to continue with the rehab programme till the second or third week of February," said BCB's sports physician Dr Debashis Chowdhury.

Asked how long it might take the 'Narail Express' to fully recover, Chowdhury said, "It will take him six weeks since the time he got injured which was on December 21."

The physician also said that it would depend on Mashrafe's confidence to regain full fitness.

Mashrafe, who hurt his knee during Abahani's Premier Cricket League match against BKSP last month, recovered quite a lot to bowl off a few paces but was not kept in the 15-man Tigers' World Cup squad.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=171269

simon
January 23, 2011, 04:50 PM
Today watched on ATN,Dhaka University on strike.= too.
Some fans saying they will burn their tickets if Mash is not included,they won't watch BD mtchs,this is crazy.

Dilscoop
January 23, 2011, 04:53 PM
They think they are so kool. "Yaay we go to college, We are riot! We tuck in one corner of our shirt, Yeye Kazi Nazrul Islam"

They are becoming like Pakistan or Sachin, no team-player, everyone cares about personal stuff. Team > 1 Player.

Eshen
January 23, 2011, 05:32 PM
Some fans saying they will burn their tickets if Mash is not included,they won't watch BD mtchs,this is crazy.
It makes sense to me. If they are only fans of Mashrafe and don't care about rest of the team, they should not bother watching those matches!

munnabhai
January 23, 2011, 08:14 PM
Mashrafee's exclusion is indeed the right move and I stand by the board. He will take atleast 3-4 matches to get his rhythm back also he will slow us in the field, concede at least 20-25 runs. I remember the match against Pakistan where he dropped an easy Afridi catch and he went on to score 120, also his 120-125 pace wouldn't bother India, last time it bothered India because he was a tad bit quicker than Zaheer and the rest. Mashrafee is a good bowler when he is fully fit, we can't risk a half fit Mashrafee in a World Cup tournament.

Even if Mashrafee is selected he should think about our country first and tell the management he doesn't want any part in Important matches, we can try him against Netherland but only if we are in a good position or else It would be very difficult for us to even win the games against Ireland and Netherlands.

kalpurush
January 23, 2011, 09:11 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that Mashrafee is the best pacer for Bangladesh Upto this point and will remain so for next couple of years!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
I am NOT sure about that ^^^
though I am a fan of the Norail Express and wish him all the best :)

view360
January 23, 2011, 10:43 PM
It makes sense to me. If they are only fans of Mashrafe and don't care about rest of the team, they should not bother watching those matches!

The closest possible report to the reality was published by PA :

[বাংলা]মাশরাফিকে সুসংবাদ দেননি ইয়াং[/বাংলা] (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-01-24/news/125941)

Dilscoop
January 23, 2011, 10:49 PM
This just makes those hortal-ers look so bad, by the fact that they wanted a disabled guy to play in the world cup.

Jadukor
January 23, 2011, 10:51 PM
Mashrafir ki matha kharap hoiye gese naki... why doesn't he grasp the fact that he is going to need his legs after the worldcup too...

view360
January 23, 2011, 10:56 PM
Mashrafir ki matha kharap hoiye gese naki... why doesn't he grasp the fact that he is going to need his legs after the worldcup too...

Mash is also hurting the team moral by signalling "an Injury Coup" in the middle of the WC. There is no one out there to tell him to shut up for now.

Dilscoop
January 23, 2011, 11:14 PM
There is no one out there to tell him to shut up for now.
Say what now? I am here! I pretty much did. And then had to deal with crazy fans of his. And if my classes hadn't started, you can bet that I'd have gone over there, slaphim on the face, and ask him to get his head out of his ... you know where.

Or pick up one of his fans, give him a knife and ask him to cut his legs off for Mash. Because he is gonna need em once the world cup is over and he ends up playing in it. And then send those pair of legs to David Young's workshop, so he can get it ready for use.

PoorFan
January 24, 2011, 12:08 AM
The closest possible report to the reality was published by PA :

[বাংলা]মাশরাফিকে সুসংবাদ দেননি ইয়াং[/বাংলা] (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-01-24/news/125941)
This report shows Mash become MashTheFool, Now I feel his overconfidence from the beginning cost him repeated injuries and broken knees.

al-Sagar
January 24, 2011, 12:32 AM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2011/2011_01_24/content_zoom/2011_01_24_22_7_b.jpg

Dhakablues
January 24, 2011, 12:34 AM
I am just surprised that some of you are blaming Mashrafee with this whole issue. He just cried when he came to know he was out, thats it. All the other stuff is done by the fans, Norail residents, news media, reporters, BCB, minister and what not...

He has not said anything about kicking out Nazmul, or trying to be back into the squad through back door. He was going to see Dr. Young in Srilanka whether he was in the squad or not and that was decided back in January 1st week. He wants to be fit and ready whenever the call comes whether it is or world cup or for the next tour with Indies/Australia/NZ..There is nothing wrong in that aspiration. He is the captain of Abahani and he got money for the season. So he wants to play if he is fit... I just don't understand why we are demonizing him for something he has actually not done or said. That is undeserving for a player who wants to give his all for the country and for the game of cricket..

Dilscoop
January 24, 2011, 12:36 AM
David Young is a huge politician. I think he has taken a big about of $$ from BCB to report something like that.

Dhakablues
Regarding Prothom Alo.. They are the only paper who served the news in negative. Rest of the newspapers (Kaler Kantha, The Daily Star, Ittefaq etc.) and the news channels are saying its a good news that he has the green signal from the surgeon/ doesn't need any surgery now and he can play in few weeks..

Eshen
^^ Did not know he wants to play for Abahani in the super-league!

al-Sagar
January 24, 2011, 12:41 AM
মাশরাফির বিশ্বকাপ-স্বপ্নে নতুন রং

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক : ডেভিড ইয়াং কী বলতে পারেন, সে সম্পর্কে আগাম ধারণা নিয়েই কলম্বো গিয়েছিলেন তিনি। গতকাল সাক্ষাতের পর অস্ট্রেলীয় এ শৈল্যবিদের মূল্যায়নের সঙ্গে পূর্বধারণা মিলে যাওয়ায় কি মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজার বিশ্বকাপ-স্বপ্ন আরো ডালপালা মেলল ? দল ঘোষণা হয়ে যাওয়ায় এ স্বপ্ন নিয়ে সরাসরি কিছু বলতে রাজি নন মাশরাফি। তবে আগামী দিন দশেক পর 'নড়াইল এক্সপ্রেস' কে প্রিমিয়ার লিগের ম্যাচ খেলতে দেখলে অবাক হবেন না। কারণ মাশরাফির মাঠে ফেরার জন্যই যে অস্ত্রোপচারের সময় পিছিয়ে দিয়েছেন ইয়াং!
কাল দুপুরে ডেভিড ইয়াংয়ের মোবাইলে যোগাযোগের চেষ্টা করেও না পেয়ে একটু চিন্তিত হয়ে পড়েছিলেন মাশরাফি। তবে একটু পর হোটেল লবিতে মুত্তিয়া মুরালিধরন ও ফারভিজ মাহরুফের সার্জনের ঠিকানা খুঁজে পান। একই হোটেলে আছেন ডেভিড ইয়াং। তাঁকে দেখাতেই সাতসকালে তাজ সমুদ্রে উপস্থিত লঙ্কান ওই দুই তারকা। মুরালিধরনদের পালা শেষে ডেভিড ইয়াংয়ের রুমে ঢোকেন মাশরাফি। জেনেছেন, যেসব কথা মনে এঁকে নিয়ে গিয়েছিলেন, সেসব ভুল নয়, 'লিগামেন্ট যে ছিঁড়েছে, সেটা প্রিমিয়ার লিগের ম্যাচে পড়ে যাওয়ার সময় হাঁটুর শব্দ শুনেই বুঝেছিলাম। পুরোটা ছিঁড়েনি। অবশ্য পুরোটা ছিঁড়লেও একই ব্যবস্থাপত্র দিতেন ডাক্তার। আজ হোক কাল হোক, দীর্ঘদিন ক্রিকেট খেলতে হলে আমাকে অস্ত্রোপচার করাতেই হবে।
দুই হাঁটুতে এরই মধ্যে ছয়বার অস্ত্রোপচার করানো মাশরাফির এ লিগামেন্ট-সংক্রান্ত ধারণাকে অল্প বিদ্যা ভয়ংকরী বলে উড়িয়ে দেওয়া কঠিন। কারণ নভেম্বরে চোট পাওয়ার পর থেকে মাশরাফির পূর্বধারণার সঙ্গে মিলেছে ডাক্তারি পরীক্ষার ফলও! তাই বলে এখনই সপ্তমবারের মতো অস্ত্রোপচারের টেবিলে শুচ্ছেন না তিনি, অপারেশন করালে অন্তত ছয় মাস বসে থাকতে হবে। তবে লিগামেন্ট একটু আর পুরো ছিঁড়ে যাওয়ার মাঝে কোনো পার্থক্য নেই। সেই অপারেশনই করাতে হবে। ডেভিড বলেছেন, হাতে যেহেতু সময় আছে, সেহেতু আরেকটু অপেক্ষা করাই ভালো।
বলার অপেক্ষা রাখে না যে মাশরাফিকে অপেক্ষায় রাখছে বিশ্বকাপ-স্বপ্ন। যদি পুরোপুরি সেরে ওঠেন। ফিট মাশরাফি যে বাংলাদেশ দলের সম্পদ, এটা তো প্রধান নির্বাচক-কোচ সবাই স্বীকার করছেন। দল ঘোষণার সময় ম্যাচ ফিটনেসের কথাই বলছিলেন সংশ্লিষ্টরা। কে জানে, তাঁদের একটা বড় চমকই দেন কি না মাশরাফি। কারণ কলম্বোর উদ্দেশে রওনা হওয়ার আগেই প্রিমিয়ারে নিজের ক্লাব আবাহনীর তাঁবুতে গিয়ে তিনি জানিয়ে গিয়েছেন সুপার লিগের শেষ দুটি ম্যাচ খেলার ইচ্ছার কথা, 'সুপার লিগের শেষ দুটি ম্যাচ খেলার ইচ্ছা আছে। দিন দশেক পর হবে ম্যাচগুলো।'
১০ দিন পর মাশরাফিকে প্রিমিয়ার লিগের ম্যাচ খেলতে দেখলে আর যে-ই অবাক হন না কেন, ডেভিড ইয়াং হবেন না। তবে হয়েছিলেন। ২০০৩ সালের মাশরাফি নাকি এখনো ডেভিড ইয়াংয়ের কাছে বিস্ময়। কালও মাশরাফিকে তা মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছেন এ শৈল্যবিদ, 'ঠিক এ রকম চোট নিয়েই পুরো একটা বছর ক্রিকেট খেলেছিলে তুমি।' যা শুনে আশার ভেলায় আরো স্বস্তিতে ভাসছেন মাশরাফি, 'ডেভিড সবসময় মনে করে ফিটনেসটা ভালো বোঝে সংশ্লিষ্ট ক্রিকেটার। তাই সব কিছু আমার ইচ্ছার ওপরই ছেড়ে দিয়েছেন তিনি।'
মনের সঙ্গে বোঝাপড়ার জন্যই চোট পাওয়ার পর মাশরাফিকে চার সপ্তাহ সময় দিয়েছিলেন ডেভিড ইয়াং, 'এ ধরনের চোট পেলে বিশ্রাম জরুরি। তাই চার সপ্তাহ সময় দিয়েছিলেন যেন আমি আমার অবস্থা ঠিকমতো বুঝতে পারি। সত্যি বলতে কি, এ সময়ে আমার মনের জোর আরো বেড়েছে।' শুধু মনের জোরই নয়, মাশরাফির চোট পাওয়া হাঁটুর পেশি গঠনকে দারুণ ইতিবাচক বলে মন্তব্য করেছেন ইয়াং, 'লিগামেন্ট ক্ষতিগ্রস্ত হলে পেশি তৈরিতে অনেক সময় লাগে। কিন্তু আমার সে সমস্যা হয়নি। যেটাকে সবচেয়ে পজিটিভ দিক বলে মনে করছেন ডেভিড।'
অপারেশন থিয়েটার আর চেম্বারে দেখা করতে করতে ডেভিড ইয়াং যেন মাশরাফির ব্যক্তিগত চিকিৎসক! তাই মাশরাফির কাছে সবচেয়ে ভরসার জায়গাও এ অস্ট্রেলীয়। সেই ডেভিডের সঙ্গে দেখা করার পর দ্রুত মাঠে ফেরার ব্যাপারে আশাবাদী মাশরাফি, 'রিস্ক হয়তো আছে। আছে জেনেই আমি দ্রুত মাঠে ফিরতে চাচ্ছি। সামনে কী আছে, জানি না। শুধু জানি আমি খেলতে চাই!'
তবে মাশরাফি জানেন তাঁর মাঠে ফেরার বিষয়টি নির্ভর করছে অন্য আরেকজনের ওপর, 'দেশে ফিজিও (মাইকেল হেনরি) দেখছেন। দেখি উনি কী বলেন।' জাতীয় দলের এ ফিজিও অপেক্ষা করছেন ডেভিড ইয়াংয়ের লিখিত প্রতিবেদনের, 'এখনো সেটি হাতে পাইনি। সম্ভবত কাল (আজ) জানাতে পারব।' সোয়া ৩টায় মাশরাফি ঢাকায় নেমেই হয়তো ফিজিওর মূল্যায়ন জানতে পারবেন। নির্বাচকদের দাবি অনুযায়ী যাঁর রিপোর্টের কারণে বিশ্বকাপ স্কোয়াডে রাখা হয়নি মাশরাফিকে।

Mr_S
January 24, 2011, 12:54 AM
Mashrafe iz one of the most attacking pacer in bd cricket history,,,as well as he iz so experienced in WC.But why the cricket board did'nt send him to his personal physio to australia..may be he could come back and still 27 days to go the wc'11..Nevertheless the world cup iz not played within 7 or 10 days,,therefore He can come back perfectly within thiz long period so why he iz totally out from Wc he might have another chance to come back...we should;nt forget that he is the only tram card Bowler for Bd cricket History and also a hard hitter Batsman

Jadukor
January 24, 2011, 01:07 AM
I am just surprised that some of you are blaming Mashrafee with this whole issue. He just cried when he came to know he was out, thats it. All the other stuff is done by the fans, Norail residents, news media, reporters, BCB, minister and what not...

He has not said anything about kicking out Nazmul, or trying to be back into the squad through back door. He was going to see Dr. Young in Srilanka whether he was in the squad or not and that was decided back in January 1st week. He wants to be fit and ready whenever the call comes whether it is or world cup or for the next tour with Indies/Australia/NZ..There is nothing wrong in that aspiration. He is the captain of Abahani and he got money for the season. So he wants to play if he is fit... I just don't understand why we are demonizing him for something he has actually not done or said. That is undeserving for a player who wants to give his all for the country and for the game of cricket..

Just like many other fans I also felt bad when i saw him in tears after the news... I also felt bad the Kapali didnt get a spot... but its all in the past now... we have our squad set... the more this issue drags on the more its gonna hurt our team...

Just read the article posted above your post... read the part where Mashrafi is saying... "Bisshokaape jaiga papo kina janina but akhon ami puro risk nibo abong full run-up ball korbo" What annoys me is that he knows he is in direct competition with a fellow pacer Nazmul so why the hell does he need to talk to the press every five minutes and refer to his world cup chances when the squad is set? he might as well open a facebook page and keep updating his status...zeez...

Everyone knows how important he is to the team... we don't need 15 interviews daily to establish that point... he should just go quietly about his recovery and let the BCB make the appropriate decisions...

tiger_army
January 24, 2011, 01:19 AM
Regarding Prothom Alo.. They are the only paper who served the news in negative. Rest of the newspapers (Kaler Kantha, The Daily Star, Ittefaq etc.) and the news channels are saying its a good news that he has the green signal from the surgeon/ doesn't need any surgery now and he can play in few weeks..

I think PA is the only reliable newspaper in BD.
The rest I will call them full of CRAP.

Dhakablues
January 24, 2011, 01:27 AM
I think PA is the only reliable newspaper in BD.
The rest I will call them full of CRAP.

Well, thats a discussion on which newspaper meets your fancy..( I personally got a bitter taste of Prothom Alo when the editor had to do 'Tawba' in Baitul Mokrrram Mosque after that cat cartoon)

Nevertheless, the news is pretty much the same everywhere because it was based on single cell phone message.. the 'elaboration' part is based on the reporters own. The news is simple... Dr. Young saw him, said he needs rest for few weeks and he can continue his rehabilitation. Thats all. Now whether that is a 'Green Signal' or whether that is a warning,, its all for us to cook up. We go for the ones we want to believe in.. :)

BANFAN
January 24, 2011, 04:33 AM
I dont know why one of my posts in this thread is missing ...

Anyway, Lets hope he gets well soon for our team in future, even if he cannot play this world cup. He shouldnt insist on being in the team, if he isn't fit. It is only he, who can take him gracefully out of this fiasco, by making a proper statement.

We dont need such confusions at this stage.

lamisa
January 24, 2011, 11:03 AM
uffffffffff!i think firtst thing mash should do when he gets off the plane is ask his fans to shut up!

shuziburo
January 24, 2011, 11:37 AM

Shafiul is definitely not better at this time. But, is Mash the best pacer for BD right now? If he was injury free, it would be a no-brainer. Given his recent injury history, I have to say he no longer is. Rubel might cause more havoc in early overs. In death overs, Mash is probably still the best in containing runs.

shuziburo
January 24, 2011, 11:40 AM

They are probably Mash fan, but not BD fan. I would be upset if the best team is not chosen, but I'll still watch.

shuziburo
January 24, 2011, 11:49 AM
Since Mash has decided to go under the surgeon's knife one more time, I wish him all the best. But, I hope he realizes that he is risking his long-term health with these operations. He should tell himself, this is it. If there is no further injury, he should play as long as he is effective. But, he should shut himself down if there is another injury.

irampool
January 24, 2011, 12:01 PM

Let’s pick them first.

Now, this is what I call professionalism! kukur mara analysis dude. :big_hug::big_hug::applause::applause::applause::a pplause:

bd fan
January 24, 2011, 12:40 PM
Career averages filtered for the last two years
Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St
unfiltered 118 1177 51* 15.48 0 146 6/26 30.92 1 37 0
filtered 15 131 22 14.55 0 11 3/31 44.54 0 4 0

bd fan
January 24, 2011, 12:47 PM
Mash is currently not the mash he used to be a couple of years ago. In the last two years his bowling average for ODIs is 44.54. His highest run score in last 2 years is only 22. Face it everyone mash is not the mash he used to be. Shafiul Rubel And Shahadat have better bowling stats for the past two years. Its about a players present form, not past.

bd fan
January 24, 2011, 12:48 PM
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56007.html?class=2;spanmax1=24+Jan+2011;spanmin1=2 4+Jan+2009;spanval1=span;template=results;type=all round

bd fan
January 24, 2011, 01:02 PM
So mashrafee isn't really that good. Even if he wasn't injured I wouldn't pick him. Who cares about experience

bd fan
January 24, 2011, 01:02 PM
Mashrafees test bowling average is 56.08

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 01:28 PM
"Dr Young has confirmed that there is significant instability at the right knee, and tearing to the ACL graft [which had previously been reconstructed]. He also notes significant effusion, or swelling, at the knee joint," said a Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) statement yesterday after Mashrafe's return from Colombo.

"While the swelling and instability do not exclude him from playing in the short term, if Mortaza continues to play for an extended period with the knee as it is it can lead to higher rates of degeneration and further damage, and is not recommended," it's added.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=171472That statement right there should end all the arguments. It's high time BCB should tell Mash to stop acting like a little kid who does not understand logic, and bar him from all kind of competitive cricket for the time being.

Dhakablues
January 24, 2011, 01:46 PM
This has become like beating a dead horse to pulp....:)

reyme
January 24, 2011, 01:57 PM

Agreed.

LateCut
January 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
It was a tough but right decision to leave Mashrafe out of the final 15. I think he is doing himself a disservice by beleiving he has a change to get match fit beofore the WC. BCB and Mashrafe are interpreting Dr. Young's report very differently. Dr. Young is giving Mashrafe only five years even after the surgery (barring any new injury). Best thing for him would be that he gets his surgery rightaway and then switch to spin bowiling (his arm bowl would be lethal aka Rafique at his prime). He can then slot into number 6 or 7 batting position of the batting lineup. This way his knees will be spared the punishments that his bionic nees can handle for any length of time.

Tiger-ess
January 24, 2011, 03:35 PM
those who are saying Mashrafe shouldnt play coz it will cause damage to him, and we need him in the long run blah blah blah blah.... Shouldnt that be upto Mashrafe himself. If he feels that his body can hack it and he desperetly wants to be part of the worldcup so much so that he's prepared for the risks(there's no doubt about that) then who are you to say he shouldnt play.

simon
January 24, 2011, 04:24 PM
otoshoto bujhina,Mash chara WC beparta khoob bedonadayok,so I disagree with his exclusion.
I cld bare Ashless WC but not Mashless,he is a key plyr,one or 2 mtchs wld hv been engh for him to get his rythm back.

view360
January 24, 2011, 04:37 PM
That statement right there should end all the arguments. It's high time BCB should tell Mash to stop acting like a little kid who does not understand logic, and bar him from all kind of competitive cricket for the time being.

The way Mash is breaking BCB code of conduct by giving contradictory interviews round the clock to the press , he would have been sanctioned by now if it were anyone else . How come a person like this stature was a candidate for the captain role ? This is a very arrogant behaviour on the part of Mash. Even Ashraful never acted this way by stirring the water .

BANFAN
January 24, 2011, 04:39 PM
those who are saying Mashrafe shouldnt play coz it will cause damage to him, and we need him in the long run blah blah blah blah.... Shouldnt that be upto Mashrafe himself. If he feels that his body can hack it and he desperetly wants to be part of the worldcup so much so that he's prepared for the risks(there's no doubt about that) then who are you to say he shouldnt play.

No, it's not upto him, it's upto the physio. It's a crime to violet doctor's advise / hide sickness/injury in professional sports. A player doesnt decide if he is fit or not. So it's not at all his wish.

al-Sagar
January 24, 2011, 10:31 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2011/2011_01_25/content_zoom/2011_01_25_22_2_b.jpg

Zeeshan
January 24, 2011, 10:35 PM
damn. mashrafe seems to be the guy who just wouldnt give up even if the girl says no and follow her to her house

AsifTheManRahman
January 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
damn. mashrafe seems to be the guy who just wouldnt give up even if the girl says no and follow her to her house
Reminds you of yourself, doesn't he? :)

Dilscoop
January 24, 2011, 10:59 PM
Nice leather jacket

tiger_army
January 25, 2011, 02:13 AM
By doing this Mash wants to prove he is more popular then Shak and TI.

Zeeshan
January 25, 2011, 03:04 AM
Reminds you of yourself, doesn't he? :)

Bhai you pwn me so much they call you Pwwndscream
And if i get under yer skin thas cuz i inTRAAAvene...

Purna
January 25, 2011, 05:45 AM

This is totally absurd...eto koshto kore ghontar por ghonta line-e daranor por ekhon bole ticket purabe.....university te porlei mone hoe riot korte hoe.....boddho ummad kothakar ekekta....na purae to amader kachhe bikrio korte pare naki?

Sohel
January 25, 2011, 07:07 AM
Well, he has never been the sharpest knife in the kitchen and as such, he's a serious danger to himself and those of us who'd like to see him continue his career.

Roni_uk
January 25, 2011, 07:16 AM
I bet Mashrafi will get included on the 8th Feb and will play against India, the first match, he will take 5 wickets haul and become a hero (not that he is not a hero already). I know some of Mashrafee's close friends, they tell me that he is very very stubborn and he gets what he wants most of the time! Someone who never gives up. Love his passion! Good luck Mashrafee.

Sohel
January 25, 2011, 07:31 AM
"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." - (Proverbs 16:18)

lamisa
January 25, 2011, 10:30 AM
he's really pissing me off now.eishob ki lagaise.eto selfishgiri kortese keno?doesn't he get it that what he's doing is affecting the current team?

Tiger-ess
January 25, 2011, 04:21 PM
No, it's not upto him, it's upto the physio. It's a crime to violet doctor's advise / hide sickness/injury in professional sports. A player doesnt decide if he is fit or not. So it's not at all his wish.

Oh yeah coz the physio's given him only a few more days to live right?

dude keep up!! most medics and the physio are saying he'll be fit before worldcup.

lamisa
January 26, 2011, 10:19 AM
actually no,tiger-ess.most are suggesting he should take a break

Tiger-ess
January 26, 2011, 08:54 PM
actually no,tiger-ess.most are suggesting he should take a break

Maybe. Its just from what I've read it does seem like they are for mashrafe playing wc.