PDA

View Full Version : Our players must stretch and run in the 5 day break

pagol-chagol
January 20, 2011, 01:31 PM
I know that the players are tired, but I hope the trainers have convinced them that 5 days of leisure and unhealthy food can throw off their conditioning and form significantly. A little bit of rest is necessary for the marathon that is about to start, but they must understand that taking it easy for 5 days could effect their performance.

Kabir
January 20, 2011, 01:38 PM
So you propose that they continue to run from now until the WC?

Rabz
January 20, 2011, 01:41 PM
Ah, c'mon. Give 'em a break.
They are flesh and bones too.

I hope they completely take their mind of cricket and all the circus of the last few days and enjoy few precious days with their friends and family.
A quick R&R before the intense grilling begins.

Come back fresh and start with a renewed energy.

Also, when you travel through the highways of Bangladesh, you dont need any extra stretch and run.

pagol-chagol
January 20, 2011, 01:45 PM
So you propose that they continue to run from now until the WC?

They must jog and stretch. Otherwise they'll have to catch up with their endurance when the camp starts.

Eshen
January 20, 2011, 01:49 PM
What break are you talking about? Is not the Dhaka league still on?

Murad
January 20, 2011, 01:52 PM
What break are you talking about? Is not the Dhaka league still on?

Dhaka league has a break too as first phase is over. 2nd phase to start in 3/4 days I think.

Plus National squad will not play the super league games.

pagol-chagol
January 20, 2011, 01:54 PM
Ah, c'mon. Give 'em a break.
They are flesh and bones too.

I hope they completely take their mind of cricket and all the circus of the last few days and enjoy few precious days with their friends and family.
A quick R&R before the intense grilling begins.

Come back fresh and start with a renewed energy.

A world class violin player once said that she practices many hours a day, and if she takes 3 days off her timing goes off significantly. Anyone who wants to perform at the world class lever should listen to her. World cup is a month away. This is not the time to let your body go south. Rest is necessary. This is not the time for it. If players like Shahriar Nafis, Ashraful, Nayeem, Riad, Rakib, Junaed and Nazmul want advantage on their competition, they better come rolling in all cylinders. I think most of them are driven and insecure enough to train 100% during the break.

Rabz
January 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
^^ Playing violin is not the same thing as carrying the burden of expectation of the hyper inflated excitement of 150 million obsessed with one sport.

This is exactly the kind of obsession I'm are talking about when we try to dictate terms about what they should do when they get a 5 day window between finishing a part of the league where they had to travel non stop to around the country and embarking on what is the biggest challenge waits for them.

They have a life, they have a family.
Between the 5 day break, where Day 1 and Day 5 would be spent on traveling to and from. They can do whatever they want in the middle, off-course within the limit of responsibility of not injuring themselves.

There physical fitness will not turn upside down nor they would forget how to hold a bat. Plus I'm sure what they need to do.

Just chill and relax.

amar11432
January 20, 2011, 05:22 PM
Sorry but this is completely idiotic. Ur proposing no brake??? Train constantly from now to WC???

firstlane
January 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
carrying the burden of expectation of the hyper inflated excitement of 150 million obsessed with one sport.

At least someone understands it. We suck in everything but we are supposed to be no 1 in this game. We win a match or two against the top teams once in a blue moon but we are dreaming to win the world cup. If you don't, you are a sissy. They forget that we are still ranked at number 8. If the team can't meet their expectation these fan(atic)s will ask for the players' head without realising their expectation was absurd.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

lamisa
January 21, 2011, 04:31 AM
come on,they can relax and have a break but it's not going to kill them if they jog and stretch for say 1 hour a day