PDA

View Full Version : Will Bangladesh beat India?

Zeeshan
January 22, 2011, 07:25 PM
Vote or die ppl.

kalpurush
January 22, 2011, 07:28 PM
http://daxrentalfinder.com/images/paw_prints_animated.gif

Murad
January 22, 2011, 07:29 PM
No
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Tiger-ess
January 22, 2011, 07:50 PM
Hell yeah !!!!

Dilscoop
January 22, 2011, 07:53 PM
Hell to the female kurur butt ya!! If you don't..what the hey, we got England, Chockers, and others

firstlane
January 22, 2011, 07:55 PM
how can I say no?

irampool
January 22, 2011, 08:09 PM
My heart says ''Yes'....and brain says ''No''!

Trigger_Tiger
January 22, 2011, 08:25 PM

Ditto!

ahms
January 22, 2011, 08:44 PM
We are not God, we can't say who will win. I pray that Bangladesh win handsomely against India. May Allah give Bangladesh victory against all teams to win the world cup, ameen.

al Furqaan
January 22, 2011, 08:45 PM
50-50 chance all the intangibles point in our favor (asides from the umpires perhaps). you shouldn't play the game if you can't back yourself to win. we can beat anyone. of course we can lose to anyone also, but we have every shot we can win this.

Dilscoop
January 22, 2011, 08:49 PM
We are not God, we can't say who will win. I pray that Bangladesh win handsomely against India. May Allah give Bangladesh victory against all teams to win the world cup, ameen.

He has bigger things to do than worry about some sporty stuff. Just sayin..

Zeeshan
January 22, 2011, 08:54 PM
Purbasha is on the fence. I swear no pun intended.

Ananna
January 22, 2011, 11:05 PM
I voted No. But I will be the happiest one If I prove to be wrong.

cricket_dorshok
January 22, 2011, 11:10 PM
abar jigay!

nwo_rebel
January 22, 2011, 11:15 PM
my prediction is that the Bangladesh team will crumple horribly. India will score big and Bangladesh batting will collapse. Or Bangladesh will bat first and score only 180 and India will achieve the target in 35 overs.

cricadda
January 22, 2011, 11:25 PM
yes........we will. No other choice.

PoorFan
January 22, 2011, 11:36 PM
Until that day, that moment, every night we see BD beat whoever they play against.

Mridul
January 22, 2011, 11:40 PM
Yes In the Final on April 2nd

Zeeshan
January 22, 2011, 11:51 PM
It doesn't have to be a yes or no poll thread you know...

May be reasons for the decisions in order? Here are some of mine:

home court advantage+WORLD CUP
had a good season recently
spin attack is more refined than ever
balanced and improved squad since '07
theory of broken barrier: whether it be breaking cement slabs, publishing book (not vanity), in most endeavors the hardest part is making it FIRST....and we have already done it...first cut is the deepest...now at least we don't have that uncertainty...we already beat them once...so it shouldn't be a rocket science

cricadda
January 23, 2011, 12:11 AM
Ban vs Ind...... Man of the match tamim iqbal....or shakib ...i don't mind....as long as we beat india again, kick them out from world cup.

Jadukor
January 23, 2011, 12:30 AM
I am hoping BD would repeat the dose of 2007... my reasons:
1. Home ground advantage... turning track would suit our spinners
2. The crowd support.. will definitely lift us on the field
3. Shakib Al Hasan... the captain we have dreamed of...
4. We are not relying on Ashraful
5. Injuries, fitness and burnout issues for India
6. Lack of match practice for Tendulkar
7. Tamim's upper hand on Zaheer and Sehwag's poor record vs Bangladesh

Zeeshan
January 23, 2011, 01:16 AM
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! YOU of all people expect a tie Asif bhai?

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2011, 01:21 AM
What can I say? Bangladesh cricket is full of drama these days.

Rajput
January 23, 2011, 02:13 AM
Bangla bowling is 100 times better than india's so yes bd can beat india and it wont be an upset.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

irampool
January 23, 2011, 02:42 AM
Bangla bowling is 100 times better than india's so yes bd can beat india and it wont be an upset.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Similarly, India's batting is 1,0000000 times better than BD's one unfortunately!

But yeah, on our day....no matter how strong the opposition is, we make them look ordinary! So, let's definitely hope for the best \m/E-)

Jadukor
January 23, 2011, 02:44 AM

India is the no. 1 test side... which means that their bowlers consistently take 20 wickets... how many times have we managed to take 20 wickets? hint: try to remember how many tests we won. The point being Indian bowlers have superior wicket taking ability compared to us...

Zaheer Khan has 250 wickets at an average of 29...
while Harbhajan has 246 wkts at 33!
thats more wickets than rubel,shafiul, abdur razzak and shakib combined...
The point here being they are also far more experienced than us

luckily for us cricket matches are not won on paper or past performances... so on that day our playing 11 will hopefuly outperform theirs....

Rajput
January 23, 2011, 04:49 AM
Similarly, India's batting is 1,0000000 times better than BD's one unfortunately!
But yeah, on our day....no matter how strong the opposition is, we make them look ordinary! So, let's definitely hope for the best \m/E-)
India's poor bowling attack would make BD batting look as good as anyone's.So its an even contest.Anybody can win.

Rajput
January 23, 2011, 04:53 AM
India is the no. 1 test side... which means that their bowlers consistently take 20 wickets... how many times have we managed to take 20 wickets? hint: try to remember how many tests we won. The point being Indian bowlers have superior wicket taking ability compared to us...
Zaheer Khan has 250 wickets at an average of 29...
while Harbhajan has 246 wkts at 33!
thats more wickets than rubel,shafiul, abdur razzak and shakib combined...
The point here being they are also far more experienced than us
luckily for us cricket matches are not won on paper or past performances... so on that day our playing 11 will hopefuly outperform theirs....
zaheer and harbhajan are highly over rated.take attack to them in first couple of overs and they are done.as simple as that.

Shaan
January 23, 2011, 05:23 AM
why not !!

zainab
January 23, 2011, 05:27 AM
I voted no as I am practical, India has a good batting side, a couple of more experienced bowlers and they are fairly good in the field., also they are still playing international ODIs with SA, so more practice matches nearer to the world cup.
WI will be going to SL end of this month to play 3 ODI's, so practice for the Windians who are in BD's group, also they will be staying on in SL to train.

desirocker
January 23, 2011, 05:37 AM
Ins'Allah

simon
January 23, 2011, 05:42 AM

same here.
tough call.
but yes,inshallah.:)

roman
January 23, 2011, 06:42 AM
no doubt

Banglaguy
January 23, 2011, 08:07 AM
we have a 9% win rate against india....
That's good enough for us eh?

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2011, 08:26 AM
Yes In the Final on April 2nd
Or when we are invited right after winning the finals :)

Odhora
January 23, 2011, 08:50 AM
Tie hobe;-)

simon
January 23, 2011, 08:51 AM
For god sake,don't let Ash play against India,his records r really poor agnst Ind,don't think got a 50.
Rock,Ryad,Mushy got good records vs Ind.

Haru-party
January 23, 2011, 09:24 AM
amra korbo joy

lamisa
January 23, 2011, 09:55 AM
i think the homeground advantage will really work in our favour so yes,i think we will win!

aniksh1
January 23, 2011, 10:31 AM
Has anyone seen Yusuf pathan...INSANE PLAYER...I am worried more about facing him than Sehwag!!!

BANFAN
January 23, 2011, 10:55 AM
Sure, But if we chase.

jamal2004
January 23, 2011, 02:19 PM
we have to beat them for sure " nothing else

One World
January 23, 2011, 02:36 PM
Will there be Biriani or Tehari in the lunch?

irampool
January 23, 2011, 02:46 PM
Will there be Biriani or Tehari in the lunch?

No, many of the Indians are vegetarians :-D:-D

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
Heart says yes, Brain says No....I always listen to heart...so its helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

bujhee kom
January 23, 2011, 03:15 PM
Eta khub dushchintar bishoi!

Bhais and apus, amar pet boltese Biriyani, khashir rezala, aar amar mind + Jihba (Tongue) boltese Jolo Jai Chang-Pei Chinese! Kintoo amar pocket-e Phantha Bhaat@!

WorldCup11
January 23, 2011, 04:31 PM
"Mahendra Singh Dhoni after winning the toss will choose to bat first. However, the opening batsmen for India will fail to make an outstanding score and the final score will come up to 183/8 (50 overs). Bangladesh in spite of losing their first three wickets soon will win the match and the Bangladeshi captain will be declared the man of the match. "

I didn't make above prediction (http://www.travour.com/cricket-world-cup/cricket-world-cup-2011-Predictions.html), so don't blame me if it comes true ...

Dilscoop
January 23, 2011, 05:04 PM
Dhoni won the toss??

India will never be 183 for 8 in 50 overs, unless we bowl em all out. If they still have 2 wickets left in hand, and they only got to 180, then we must've bowled really well at the death, because I can assure you, one of those 2 wickets will be Yousuf Pathan's .

Haru-party
January 23, 2011, 05:32 PM
well my prediction is india will be allout for 161.

dolcevita
January 23, 2011, 06:20 PM
Man pathan gonna be very dangerous in subcontinent
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

ahms
January 23, 2011, 06:29 PM
He has bigger things to do than worry about some sporty stuff. Just sayin..

His knowledge encompass everything. There is no small or big thing for Him. Unless, you are saying sports is a waste of time.

Best approach for Bangladesh would be pray to God and hope for the best.

WorldCup11
January 23, 2011, 06:46 PM
Dhoni won the toss??

India will never be 183 for 8 in 50 overs, unless we bowl em all out. If they still have 2 wickets left in hand, and they only got to 180, then we must've bowled really well at the death, because I can assure you, one of those 2 wickets will be Yousuf Pathan's .

First of all I don't believe in predictions, but it's fun, this thread is full of predictions.

That site predicted, if Bangladesh Bat first, then BD will win by seven runs, it didn't say any details.

2nd thing may happen that , Dhoni will win the toss & selected to Bat first (Which in my opinion is unlikely, as its a day night match, Dhoni knows about dew factors, he also know our team mainly depends on spinners, So he will choose to field first, though prediction say other way)

Regarding Score of 183/8 doesn't sound unreal in our slow & low pitch. Remember last world cup also India was all out for 191 in 49.3 overs (In Trinidad 7 Tobago) . Now regarding Yousuf pathan, lets hope he will make a duck ...

All predictions .......

kalpurush
January 23, 2011, 07:26 PM
Yousuf Pathan's .

Now regarding Yousuf pathan, lets hope he will make a duck ...

Pathan who? He is NOT a god. ;)

roman
January 23, 2011, 07:30 PM
Players that can be dangerous for us are Tendulkar, Shehwag, Pathan, Raina, Dhoni. I wouldnt worry much about their bowling though..

sufism
January 23, 2011, 07:31 PM
huhhhh, no way......

Purbasha T
January 23, 2011, 07:31 PM
Pathan the right-hander? No problem, the Moina-arm-ball is here.

irampool
January 23, 2011, 07:41 PM
I found 3 Indian guys in Walmart today who were discussing about India's chances of winning the trophy. In between the discussion, one of them suddenly said, ''rahney do yaar, let the men in blue win against Bangladesh first, then talk about winning the trophy....it's gonna be a big challenge to beat them at home''!

Now, that's another win for us! :D :D :D

kalpurush
January 23, 2011, 07:52 PM
''rahney do yaar, let the men in blue win against Bangladesh first, then talk about winning the trophy....it's gonna be a big challenge to beat them at home''!

Now, that's another win for us! :D :D :D
It doesn't satisfy me anymore my friend. I believe in three words - win, win and win.

munnabhai
January 23, 2011, 08:06 PM
It depends on the pitch. Does anyone know what pitch are we producing?
I think ICC/BCCI would want us to create a flat pitch, if it's flat then we have no chance. We should create a spinning track but don't think It shall be approved by the ICC for low scoring matches.

My vote was "no"

shah99
January 23, 2011, 08:08 PM
I believe BD has a fairly good chance to beat India. My reasons :

1. Home ground advantage - Spin friendly wicket
2. BD's spin attack is way better than Indians'
3. Crowd support - BD crowd will scare the sh** out of the Indians'.
There will be Indian supporter as well but they easily be outnumbered
4. Tamim is always on song against Indian pace attack. MMW, the result of
this match will be decided by first ten PP overs of Bangladesh innings
(Tamim batting)
5. BD's confidence level will higher than the Indians, as they have beaten
them in the WC. On the other hand India will always be hunted by
that memory which drag down their confidence level
6. India will be over cautious so that history is not repeated and that
may backfire

Always have to believe, we can and will WIN. Going into a match with
negative mindset cannot bring positive outcome. We must encourage
our players through this forum and by whatever means possible.

irampool
January 23, 2011, 08:10 PM
It doesn't satisfy me anymore my friend. I believe in three words - win, win and win.

I completely agree with you actually. But it was good to see Indians respecting us, which we hardly used to get from them in the past! :flag:

One World
January 23, 2011, 10:08 PM
দেখা যাক কি হয়।

Baundule
January 24, 2011, 03:01 AM
Why not?

sir john
January 24, 2011, 03:52 AM
too much talk about this match.

Tiger Manc
January 24, 2011, 07:53 AM
no chance

SMHasan
January 24, 2011, 11:53 PM
India is looking extremely strong and still we will beat them. We are such Tigers...

al Furqaan
January 25, 2011, 12:24 AM
this is the game i most want to win, as do most BD fans.

but, this is NOT a must-win like it was last world cup...i think we should be favored against WI, and one win against England and SA could be what we need to really get going.

It would be awsome if we avoided SL and got to play our QF match at home.

Kabir
January 25, 2011, 10:04 AM
All this ajaira analysis of home advantage, and dew factor, and all that bs...it doesn't apply for a team like BD. They can win if they play well, with the same spirit as last WC's game vs. Eendia. They can't win if they play like modons...like when they lost against Netherlands just last summer.

My heard "WANTS" yes, I don't know whether BD will or will not.

tanvir_nus
January 25, 2011, 10:20 AM
we can and are going to win.... if only we win the toss and bowl first.... the toss will be the deciding factor....

Jadukor
January 25, 2011, 10:29 AM
They can win if they play well, with the same spirit as last WC's game vs. Eendia. They can't win if they play like modons...like when they lost against Netherlands just last summer.

Brilliant analysis...BD can win if they play well... and BD can't win if they play like modons... damn...thank you for clearing that up#:-S

What a cracking game this promises to be... if we do win this match... it will be the biggest win of all the ODI wins for me... beating India in a Worldcup at home has to taste sweeter than ali babar chomchom....

ahms
January 25, 2011, 10:59 AM
I do not think we are capable of beating top 5 cricket team in the world in any given day, but may be on our day (once in a blue moon). However, we should use the match against India as practice for better performance for rest of the games.

This is the first match of the mega event. BD is slow to get to their optimum. Also, odds are against us to repeat the same feat of last year. Hence, I say BD will probably lose the game. Nonetheless, victory should not be handed to them. A die hard effort should be made to get close to their performance in all departments as a team. That will help in rest of the games.

pagol-chagol
January 25, 2011, 11:07 AM
Do you want Bangladesh to beat India? Yes.

Would you bet your house that Bangladesh will win? No.

Does team Bangladesh have more than 50% chance of beating India? No.

Which one is your question?

aklemalp
January 25, 2011, 11:18 AM
those who voted no will regret,come on india of all teams beating us,i expected this thread to be a bangladesh ireland who will win?

Kabir
January 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
Brilliant analysis...BD can win if they play well... and BD can't win if they play like modons... damn...thank you for clearing that up#:-S

With some fans flying above the clouds (DUI), anything is possible. So no thanks for the mockery. It might just save some poor fans' lives.

Zeeshan
January 26, 2011, 10:59 AM
with some fans flying above the clouds (dui), anything is possible. So no thanks for the mockery. It might just save some poor fans' lives.

[বাংলা]কবির ভাই চ্যাতেন ক্যান? জাদুকর ভাই রসিক মানুষ এই আর কি।।[/বাংলা]

magic boy
January 26, 2011, 11:09 AM
We should. We have to beat them at any level !

ahmedjamil
January 26, 2011, 06:49 PM
Inshallah, we will win if our pace attack fires that day as we know indians are very good players of spin.....

Equinox
January 26, 2011, 06:55 PM
This match is around 25% of the World Cup for me. If we lose and lose badly (which is very likely), I will lose a massive amount of interest from the tournament and will follow it passively. So yeah I I desperately want us to win this match.

simon
January 26, 2011, 07:14 PM
This match is around 25% of the World Cup for me. If we lose and lose badly (which is very likely), I will lose a massive amount of interest from the tournament and will follow it passively. So yeah I I desperately want us to win this match.

either we win or we lose .
but we aren't losing badly for sure.

godzilla
January 27, 2011, 02:14 AM
Remember the last time we played India, Shakib won the toss and decided to bat instead of bowling (yes that was the time when dew was a main factor) because they all feared that the Indians will put up a massive score for them to chase! I hope he has enough courage this time to make the right decision ...

jashan83
January 27, 2011, 02:46 AM
In most probability and sensibly speaking we will loose, but I know it will be a close game. Bangladesh have being doing very good at home, and defeated India in last WC, this thing will itself do the doom. They will be overconfident and loose

But as a fan I will be hoping we still win :)