PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Your expectation for BD in WC 2011

al-Sagar
January 23, 2011, 03:18 AM
vote on .... .... ....

soccer20reverse
January 23, 2011, 03:21 AM
I want them to win the world cup...

But realistically... they should be able to win the world cup...

godzilla
January 23, 2011, 03:30 AM
one step at a time. 1st expectation is to go beyond the knockout rounds. 2nd expectation is to reach semi ... dream expectation to win the cup

WorldCup11
January 23, 2011, 03:43 AM
Nothing less than champion ....

simon
January 23, 2011, 05:47 AM
ki bepar,shob jaygay eto vota voti colche keno?
quarter finalists atleast,will be happy if they can win a few in the 2nd round.

iamreza
January 23, 2011, 06:37 AM
Last three world cup finalists are pak,ind,sri and now its time to bd.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Haru-party
January 23, 2011, 09:39 AM
ki bepar,shob jaygay eto vota voti colche keno?
quarter finalists atleast,will be happy if they can win a few in the 2nd round.

there is no 2nd round this time

bujhee kom
January 23, 2011, 03:28 PM
Hhmm..khoobi risky thread! Ekhaney amar idiot-er moto montobbo kora thik hobey naa!

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2011, 03:38 PM
Schaampiuunship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaYqpBTR3SY

Tiger Manc
January 24, 2011, 07:56 AM
I would be happy with Quarterfinal stage. That will depend on whether we beat Windies.

Baundule
January 24, 2011, 09:04 AM
The following will be my feeling:

Champions: speechless
Runners up: mad with anger
Semi final: well done and thank you
Quarter final: oh, ok
Win against Associates but first round exit: sigh
Disaster: i'll turn into a hardcore Ireland supporter.

Sohel
January 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
I'm hoping for the semis but won't be surprised at all to find ourselves in a 2003-type disaster. Let's see how the performers in the team manage to carry all that dead weight.

lamisa
January 24, 2011, 10:16 AM
amar keno jani mone hoitese je we will only win against the associates and lose to the rest but my expectation is atleast quarters

al-Sagar
January 25, 2011, 03:09 AM
Hhmm..khoobi risky thread! Ekhaney amar idiot-er moto montobbo kora thik hobey naa!

taile ekhon kee korben ???

FastBowler
January 25, 2011, 08:13 AM
I want Bangladesh to be Champion.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

firstlane
January 25, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hhmm..khoobi risky thread!

Ekhaney amar idiot-er moto montobbo kora thik hobey naa!
Gustakhi maaf korben, montobbo kintu prothomei koira falaisen ^. Montobbota kisher moto hoise seita nia kintu ekta poll kora jai. Ki bolen dada?

SS
January 25, 2011, 09:10 AM
I'm hoping for the semis but won't be surprised at all to find ourselves in a 2003-type disaster. Let's see how the performers in the team manage to carry all that dead weight.

Greetings Cricket sage...miss your postings...neways agree with you fearing a 2003 but I doubt Shakib will let that happen...I also worry about the dead weight...they need to put 200% to reach close to the performers for any outstanding results....i hope their mindset changes ....Hope there is a mind reader and influencer in the team, Shakibish type, who can show some life in these dead weights...but it's up to them to resurrect, change their mindsets and perform..

ahms
January 25, 2011, 10:33 AM
I will be happy to see Bangladesh beat all associate members comfortably and West Indies to solidify our position at number 8. And any other win will be bonus.

Dilscoop
January 25, 2011, 12:52 PM
Neth, Ire, WI, + 1 W from the other 3, and I will be happy. Anything else should a good bonus!

bujhee kom
January 25, 2011, 03:18 PM
taile ekhon kee korben ???

Gustakhi maaf korben, montobbo kintu prothomei koira falaisen ^. Montobbota kisher moto hoise seita nia kintu ekta poll kora jai. Ki bolen dada?

Mamus, ami tow vote dite partesi naa....amar tow bhoi hoi jodi amar vote/prediction foila jai, tahole tow apnader haate Ushtha/Kill/Ghushi Puran Dhaka style-e Lungi-khula mair khamu....tarpor?

Tupun
January 25, 2011, 05:12 PM
With our home conditions we should be able to make to the Qfinals. We get there we will have a home game again... Expectations are to play in the Semi.... How far we go...its anybodies guess...

irampool
January 25, 2011, 07:42 PM
Disaster is waiting for us! (that doesn't mean we'll lose even to the associates, a first round exit would be the same thing as disaster for us this time around).

Hopefully BD will prove me wrong Inshallah.

firstlane
January 25, 2011, 09:28 PM
Mamus, ami tow vote dite partesi naa....amar tow bhoi hoi jodi amar vote/prediction foila jai, tahole tow apnader haate Ushtha/Kill/Ghushi Puran Dhaka style-e Lungi-khula mair khamu....tarpor?

boss, chupchap vote diya falan, khali forum e disclose koiren na. Aamio to disi kintu kaure koi nai. aar haar-jeet jai hok notuk thread khola hoibo, ei thread er kotha sobai vuilla jaibo. eita hoilo world cup er warm up thread.

Sohel
January 25, 2011, 11:50 PM
Greetings Cricket sage...miss your postings...neways agree with you fearing a 2003 but I doubt Shakib will let that happen...I also worry about the dead weight...they need to put 200% to reach close to the performers for any outstanding results....i hope their mindset changes ....Hope there is a mind reader and influencer in the team, Shakibish type, who can show some life in these dead weights...but it's up to them to resurrect, change their mindsets and perform..

I'm pretty confident about our bowlers in home conditions and think the fielding will come together in time also, but you still gotta put runs on the board. I have a lot of faith in Moyna, Tamim and hopefully at-least-one-not-so-random-player-of-the-day (Abir, GoBoy or maybe Shagor once in 3 matches) to pull us through but that is unlikely to happen throughout the tournament. Too bad we have so many half-volley and full-toss blocking batsmen who can't rotate the strike with ease or safely accelerate when need be. Add the well proven idiocy of Ahammok Ashraful to all that and it's desperate prayer time. May some streaky hitting aid us also.

Zeeshan
January 26, 2011, 12:00 AM
I don't know about Pakistan's consistency before World Cup 92, but I feel Shakib will be to our team what Imran Khan was to Pakistan's one. Yes, it's a team game but sometimes when a strong all rounder spearheads a team he can make a real difference into increasing match streak wins.

bujhee kom
January 26, 2011, 12:00 AM
Hasta La Vista Babay!
I will be back!

I said we are the Champion, We are nember One!

bujhee kom
January 26, 2011, 12:14 AM
I say we not only humiliate our each and every opponent but we shall tear them a new one as well!!!
When they return their respective country all these teams that played BD will be bleeding from their backside and have to imediately go to the emergency and see a proctologist and do colonscopy!!!! I hope by the time they leave BD airport, they would have the word BD tatooed/stamped/khodai on their buttocks!

This is Bangladesh you are dealing with, remember it for life! :flag:

+ Don't be upset from these loses you fellow other country's cricketers, accept it humbly and learn from us and take it back to your country and apply it in your own field! We are here simply just to teach you. :flag:

firstlane
January 26, 2011, 02:47 AM
I say we not only humiliate our each and every opponent but we shall tear them a new one as well!!!
When they return their respective country all these teams that played BD will be bleeding from their backside and have to imediately go to the emergency and see a proctologist and do colonscopy!!!! I hope by the time they leave BD airport, they would have the word BD tatooed/stamped/khodai on their buttocks!

This is Bangladesh you are dealing with, remember it for life! :flag:

Finally, the tiger roars.

Boss, apnar ei lekha porle amader oposition der pants kharap hoye jabe. haha

irampool
January 26, 2011, 03:15 AM
Canada re haraite hoibo warm up match ey......shala ra 11th February 2003 te Kurbani Eid er ageyr raathe pura BD re kandaisilo :@:@ koshter chot ey porerdin mangsho khaya mojao pai nai :(

cricket_fanatic
January 26, 2011, 07:26 AM
Canada re haraite hoibo warm up match ey......shala ra 11th February 2003 te Kurbani Eid er ageyr raathe pura BD re kandaisilo :@:@ koshter chot ey porerdin mangsho khaya mojao pai nai :(

Very good point - that was the worst Eid in my life so far!

Haru-party
January 26, 2011, 07:44 AM

ami mangsho khaisilami na koste :(

tanim3960
January 26, 2011, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_UpejddFs&feature=player_embedded

irampool
January 26, 2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_UpejddFs&feature=player_embedded

Awesome clip indeed! :):flag:

irampool
January 26, 2011, 12:35 PM
ami mangsho khaisilami na koste :(

thiki ase...khaiben kemne, shala ra 120 run ey all out hoise Canadar shathe!:head::head:

al-Sagar
January 26, 2011, 03:34 PM

lungir niche aro 3 ta lungi, 4 ta dhuti, 5 ta pant ar 6 ta underwear poire niyen taile mari khaileu Ijjot lut howa theikka bachben

ahms
January 28, 2011, 11:57 AM
I will be happy to see BD in second round. Any further than that would be our progress and anything less than that would be disappointing.

BANFAN
January 28, 2011, 01:09 PM
Hasta La Vista Babay!
I will be back!

I said we are the Champion, We are nember One!

We shall be, Insha Allah.

shakibrulz
January 28, 2011, 10:10 PM
Don't get your hopes up. BD are not gonna beat any g8 teams imo.

Ajfar
January 28, 2011, 10:15 PM
^ Isn't that what everybody thought last time around?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Ananna
January 28, 2011, 11:23 PM
I am really surprised to see the polling result upto this point. 31% expects bangladesh to be WC champion??????????????????

I think anything beyond quarter final will be amazing result for us.

ahms
January 29, 2011, 05:52 PM
I am really surprised to see the polling result upto this point. 31% expects bangladesh to be WC champion??????????????????

I think anything beyond quarter final will be amazing result for us.

Ideally do not expect anything. You will not be disappointed.
Hope and pray Bangladesh reach beyond anybody's expectation.

Antora
January 30, 2011, 05:52 AM
I just want one win, and that is against India.If Bangladesh can do that, to me, it'll feel like they've won the cup :)

lamisa
January 30, 2011, 09:36 AM
^^^ya,coz that's so like Bangabandhu's shopno!

simon
January 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
ishsh kobe je khela shuru hobe:hairpull: ,i feel like taking a 19 day sleeping pill, wake up & turn my computer on & see BD vs Ind match.

simon
January 30, 2011, 12:18 PM

naki Ziaur Rahman er.:-p

irampool
January 30, 2011, 01:31 PM

hut........Bangabondhur shopno toh hoilo to beat Pakistan!:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:

al-Sagar
January 30, 2011, 08:51 PM

lol.

asholei.

amader deshe ja hoy ba hobe ta ekjoner pitar sopno, arekjoner shamir adorsho

irampool
January 30, 2011, 09:11 PM
lol.

asholei.

amader deshe ja hoy ba hobe ta ekjoner pitar sopno, arekjoner shamir adorsho

Absolutely! :head:

shanto
January 30, 2011, 09:35 PM
Ami choto manush. Amar duita shopno: prothom rounde India ke harano, abong QFinal a Pakistan ke harano.

PoorFan
January 31, 2011, 02:55 AM
QF is my demand and SF is my wish.

lamisa
January 31, 2011, 09:38 AM
every good thing that happens in bd is bangabandhu's dream according to hasina apa.

Direct-Hit
January 31, 2011, 12:29 PM
Cholo Bangladesh, amra korbo joi

roman
January 31, 2011, 12:42 PM
every good thing that happens in bd is bangabandhu's dream according to hasina apa.

its such a shame... isnt it? I guess Bangabondhu was such a dreamer that he Spent most of his life sleeping. Hasina Apa is just making a mockery of her father.

Nafis 1718
January 31, 2011, 12:55 PM
Cholo Bangladesh, amra korbo joi

Sir,you have learnt a lot!!!!

shuziburo
January 31, 2011, 03:47 PM
I agree with Shakib, if we can get to the QF, winning the whole thing is quite possible.

shuziburo
January 31, 2011, 03:49 PM

Thus, everything in BD should be named after Bangabandhu.

PS: Didn't he invent sliced bread, according to Apa?

FaridpurChicago
January 31, 2011, 04:04 PM
The poll is little confusing. We can't have a poll on expectation. I think 99% people who visit Banglacricket expect Tigers to be champion. Probably the pole wanted to mean prediction. A change in headline might be more meaningful.

Anyway, I want (expect) BD to win against India. The rest of the tournament will then go on cruise. Team spirit will then fly high and will go to QF automatically. Probability of a SF spot will be just 50-50. If the team goes to SF then our probability to be champion will be like any other big team, pretty much hang on the performance of that particular day.