PDA

View Full Version : FTP for 2011

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 02:01 AM
Wondering what's coming up after the WC. Last I heard, Australia canceled the Test series that was supposed to take place right after the WC (because of IPL). The FTP (http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/0045/ftp_2006_2012.pdf) shows following tours -

Apr: Host Aus, 3/4 ODIs
May: Host NZ, 2 Tests
Jul: To Zim, 5 ODIs, 2 Tests
Sep: Host WI, 3 ODIs, 2 Tests (hope they will add couple of T20Is)
Dec: Host Pak, 3 ODIs, 2 Tests

All the above three tours are crucial for our progress as we are playing teams close to our own strength.

Anyone heard of possibility of any other tour/tournament?

dolcevita
January 24, 2011, 02:02 AM
+ nz 2 test
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 02:05 AM
^^ You mean NZ coming back to play two Tests? When?

Murad
January 24, 2011, 02:11 AM
4 ODIs against Australia in April. NZ tests in May most likely.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 02:17 AM
4 ODIs against Australia in April. .
Australia to cancel again (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=34776&highlight=Australia)

Murad
January 24, 2011, 02:19 AM
Australia to cancel again (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=34776&highlight=Australia)

They have postponed the Tesr series but they will play the ODI series.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 02:25 AM
^^ Oh, I see. That's not too bad!

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 02:46 AM
NZ tests in May most likely.

That's interesting. I guess there will be some value to NCL (FC) after all, for players pushing for a place in the Test team (ie Jahirul, Shahadat, Shamsur, Enamul, and whoever else gets dropped from the ODI team after the WC).

Jadukor
January 24, 2011, 02:48 AM
The Aussies should play tests against us for their own sake... after losing the Ashes they are now in danger of missing out on the Test Championship comprising of top four teams... They need to beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka to get ahead of them... so Bangladeshi conditions would be an ideal practice ground before that series...

irampool
January 24, 2011, 02:54 AM
Does anyone know on what dates will the 3/4 ODIs against AUS take place???!!!! I'm going to BD on mid-may Inshallah....and I thought I would get to watch this AUS series.....but now I'm getting hopeless as it says that the series will be taking place in April :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Initially I thought the test series would take place on last week of April and 1st week of May, so the one dayers would be played on around mid and last week of May.....but now as there won't be the test series happening, the ODIs seem to be taking place in April :(

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 03:03 AM
^^ So you are not interested to watch Test matches against NZ? It may be fun to watch our boys making life hell for Black Caps struggling with heat and humidity :-)

irampool
January 24, 2011, 03:43 AM
Ohh yeah obviously, I'll be right there at SBNS during the NZ test series as well. But I so didn't want to miss the ODI series against AUS :(

FastBowler
January 24, 2011, 04:22 AM
The Aussies should play tests against us for their own sake... after losing the Ashes they are now in danger of missing out on the Test Championship comprising of top four teams... They need to beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka to get ahead of them... so Bangladeshi conditions would be an ideal practice ground before that series...

But if BD can draw any of the tests they lost some ratings that will cost them much. If they win both they will get less points because the ranked very higher than us.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Jadukor
January 24, 2011, 05:15 AM
Well if they draw or lose against us then they would also realize that there is no point fighting to be top 4 anyways... From their perspective it would be good either way to gauge where they stand in terms of performance in the subcontinent....

al Furqaan
January 24, 2011, 10:20 AM
If these are listed in FTP then they are more or less confirmed tours. Does anyone know if the kiwi tour will include 5 ODIs too?

Kabir
January 24, 2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry to burst some folks' bubbles...but if I heard it right, you're talking about winning a TEST against the Aussies?

You know...fluke (or close to a fluke) doesn't repeat too many times.

Zeeshan
January 24, 2011, 10:57 AM
Sorry to burst some folks' bubbles...but if I heard it right, you're talking about winning a TEST against the Aussies?

You know...fluke (or close to a fluke) doesn't repeat too many times.

We would be talking about winning a TEST against the Aussies regardless of a fluke (or close to a fluke).

Winning mentality >> Sissiness

Jadukor
January 24, 2011, 10:59 AM
Sorry to burst some folks' bubbles...but if I heard it right,

u didn't

irampool
January 24, 2011, 11:48 AM
If these are listed in FTP then they are more or less confirmed tours. Does anyone know if the kiwi tour will include 5 ODIs too?

No, there will be no ODIs taking place against NZ. This test series was supposed to be held right after the recently concluded ODI series against them, but it was shifted to next summer so that BD and NZ could play 5 match ODI series instead of 3 matches for the sake of preparation for the WC. :smug:

al Furqaan
January 24, 2011, 04:25 PM
No, there will be no ODIs taking place against NZ. This test series was supposed to be held right after the recently concluded ODI series against them, but it was shifted to next summer so that BD and NZ could play 5 match ODI series instead of 3 matches for the sake of preparation for the WC. :smug:

thats true, but the NZ board also wanted to play 5 ODIs, according to reports. the BCB was being gay about it claiming they "didn't have time" as if they are the BCCI. so hopefully we get 5 ODIs in there as well, cuz we don't have tests agianst OZ...so that should free up at least 8 days of cricket of our schedule. plenty of time for a 5 match series if the weather cooperates.

shuziburo
January 24, 2011, 04:30 PM
Wondering what's coming up after the WC. Last I heard, Australia canceled the Test series that was supposed to take place right after the WC (because of IPL). The FTP (http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/0000/0045/ftp_2006_2012.pdf) shows following tours -

All the above three tours are crucial for our progress as we are playing teams close to our own strength.

This should keep the boys busy. Then there is the IPL and county for certain people. And the domestic off course.

lamisa
January 25, 2011, 10:42 AM
why is there no eeendia?

Raynman
January 25, 2011, 11:29 AM
Given our state of cricket, I will gladly welcome 8 tests vs. ZIM, NZ, WI & PAK in 2011. With the last 3 being at home soil.

This is our chance to show if we truly do belong in the long form of the game or not. 6 or our 7 2010 tests were vs. ENG and IND who basically rule the Test world at the moment with South Africa.

I think we should be looking to win both ZIM tests and at least one a piece vs. PAK, NZ and WI.

aklemalp
January 25, 2011, 11:48 AM
i think we should play more tests this year,this is the only format that will improve the tigers and it will make them better players in the future

Farhad
January 25, 2011, 12:15 PM
2011 seems pretty packed as well.. Pretty nicely spaced out as well. Largest gap: 2 months...

aklemalp
January 25, 2011, 12:17 PM
that's great to see plenty of cricket

ahms
January 25, 2011, 02:47 PM
I am looking forward to the series against WI. I am sure WI has lot to say in this series and BD has chance to push them further into disarray. This will be a real test for both of these teams. I hope weather plays good.

al Furqaan
January 25, 2011, 04:19 PM
Given our state of cricket, I will gladly welcome 8 tests vs. ZIM, NZ, WI & PAK in 2011. With the last 3 being at home soil.

This is our chance to show if we truly do belong in the long form of the game or not. 6 or our 7 2010 tests were vs. ENG and IND who basically rule the Test world at the moment with South Africa.

I think we should be looking to win both ZIM tests and at least one a piece vs. PAK, NZ and WI.

5 of those 7 tests were pushed to the 5th day. not a whole of to top teams can say that.

i think in the next 2 years, we will begin to see test parity. of course, its because the standard of teams like NZ, WI, and PAK have decreased significantly. but to our credit we've pushed a few against England and India to the 5th day as well, so we are getting better as well.

Zimbabwe must be beaten 2-0, and I think Shakib and co will do it. We might have some first innings deficits, but then again, I think Zimbabwe's bowlers lack penetration, except for Ray Price. Nonetheless, i expect us to win the Tests by 100 runs at least or 6+ wickets. That will be a good result since ZIM are now at full strength with Sean Ervine being back.

WI must be beaten at home at least once. Ideally 2-0 would be great, but 1-1 would be solid since they managed to hold their own against Sri Lanka recently, which is difficult for even the strongest teams.

Pakistan, depending on which team shows up, a good result can vary. A win by any margin would be sensational, but I wouldn't put much stalk into it.

NZ are not as weak as they look, but then again the subcontinent is a tough place for them. We must win at least 1 test against them as well.

Rifat
January 25, 2011, 06:39 PM

2010 Tests:
if you look at our performances, we didn't really do that bad!

* we stretched up to 5 days 3 times against england?(once in Egnland) Fluke? i don't think so? Jamie Siddons should get some credit. Jamie Siddons basically claims that Bangladeshi Batsmen do not know how to bat properly, by teaching them the basics, the simple things, the batsmen are able to prolong their innings in test cricket. remember, Jamie Siddons comes from an era when test cricket thrived and was very popular. nowadays, to be a successfully recognized batsmen in international cricket, you have to be successful in ODI's and T20s...and for that to happen you can't just stick to "basic cricket strokes" alone! you need to be inventive, innovative and play hands free, mix risk with skill. the cricket culture has changed significantly starting from the 21st century starting with the increase of ODIS played per year and the introduction of T20 and advertising it.

* India + New Zealand stretched it once up to five days....

so out of 7 tests, we had about 5 tests stretched to 5 days :)

this is a huge improvement coming from 2003-2008 era and given our cricket culture and given our attitute/mentality.

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil a'lamin! :flag:

Hey,
of course, we could have done much much better, but hey we could have also done much much worse!

Dilscoop
January 25, 2011, 07:00 PM
2 Test vs Zim? What?

irampool
January 25, 2011, 07:35 PM
thats true, but the NZ board also wanted to play 5 ODIs, according to reports. the BCB was being gay about it claiming they "didn't have time" as if they are the BCCI. so hopefully we get 5 ODIs in there as well, cuz we don't have tests agianst OZ...so that should free up at least 8 days of cricket of our schedule. plenty of time for a 5 match series if the weather cooperates.

Kukur mara news man! I didn't know about it yet! So, if the ODI series does take place, that would mean I won't be missing it watching live at SBNS Inshallah :fire::fire::fire::great::great:. The last time I watched a match being there at SBNS was back in March 2010 against England.

And if BCB cancels it, than they are GAY indeed. :head:

Raynman
January 26, 2011, 06:59 AM
@alF & Rifat : The intention of my comment was to highlight our progress and justify the lack of results due to the strength of the opponent.

Thats why I feel matches against the bottom of tier of the test world will show us if we can indeed defeat them. If we get clean swept by PAK, NZ and WI all at our home soil, the 5th day tests vs. IND and ENG may just turn out to be an illusion.

As for Siddons, I give him his full due for improving the defensive style of batting in Test cricket. It still doesn't change my opinion of him as being unimaginative and not showing enough faith in our boys. The powerplay and limited overs batting still lacks as does team strategy.

jisaan
January 26, 2011, 07:13 AM

Dec: Host Pak, 3 ODIs, 2 Tests (if only lotus get go ahead signal from BCCI)

jisaan
January 26, 2011, 07:26 AM
where are tests agt Ireland?

i think they are gonna get the status this year