View Full Version : Nepal U-19s in Bangladesh 2011

Tiger Manc
January 24, 2011, 10:24 AM
25 Jan 2011 Bangladesh Under-19s v Nepal Under-19s Sylhet Stadium

27 Jan 2011 Bangladesh Under-19s v Nepal Under-19s Sylhet Stadium

29 Jan 2011 Bangladesh Under-19s v Nepal Under-19s Sylhet Stadium

Holden
January 24, 2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the news, do you know which players are in the squad/team. I assume it would be weaker than normal as some of the players would be playing in the DPL, so it might be a good opportunity for the younger inexperienced players at this level to get some games

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 04:29 PM
^^ Yeah, it may mean we may not see key players such as Asif Ahmed, Shoumya Sarkar, or Liton Das in this series, as BKSP need them to avoid relegation.

al Furqaan
January 24, 2011, 06:03 PM
^^ Yeah, it may mean we may not see key players such as Asif Ahmed, Shoumya Sarkar, or Liton Das in this series, as BKSP need them to avoid relegation.

our U-19 C team should be able to easily wipe the pitch with nepal's national team. so we don't need those guys.

Equinox
January 24, 2011, 06:38 PM
These guys are still eligible for the U19 team:
Asif Ahmed
Anamul Haque
Abul Hasan
Nur Hossain
Shaker Ahmed
Shoumya Sarkar
Nurul Hasan
Arman Badshah

And then you have younger guys like Liton Das and Jupiter Ghosh who will probably come in to the team. So the next batch will be quite strong. Asif will certainly captain. He has led BKSP admirably this season.

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 06:50 PM
These guys are still eligible for the U19 team:
Asif Ahmed
Anamul Haque
Abul Hasan
Nur Hossain
Shaker Ahmed
Shoumya Sarkar
Nurul Hasan
Arman Badshah
I believe you have to be born on or after September 01, 1992 to be eligible for next U/19 WC. So, Abul, Nur, Shaker, and Arman should not be picked though they are still bellow 19 years.

And then you have younger guys like Liton Das and Jupiter Ghosh who will probably come in to the team. So the next batch will be quite strong. Asif will certainly captain. He has led BKSP admirably this season.
Also watch out for Saddam Hossain. Taskin Ahmed also looks promising.

Tiger444
January 24, 2011, 06:52 PM
To be honest, I don't want any of the players that participated in the U19 WC to play in the U19 team anymore. Guys like Asif, Abul, Nur, and Shaker are already on the Academy team. Nur is even in the A team. So we should move on with those youngsters and use other young players to prepare for the next WC. We need to keep on finding new talents and exposing them to outside competition.

Tiger444
January 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
Eshen bhai I know you know a lot about our players. Any other youngsters we should know about?

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 06:59 PM
^^ Don't really know them that well. I remember couple of names such as Liton and Saddam because of their dominance in school cricket.

I am assuming bulk of the next U/19 batch will come from the current U/17 team. Here is a series involving the U/17 team - http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/BDESH/2010-11_BDESH_Bengal_Under-17s_in_Bangladesh_2010-11.html

Tiger444
January 24, 2011, 07:05 PM
^Thanks bhai. So we should include these kids in the U19 team and if there is some outstanding kid from the U15 team thats ready then he should be there as well.

Equinox
January 24, 2011, 07:31 PM
I too agree that there is no point in grooming players who have no chance to feature in the next world cup. But I'd still like to put out a best XI to see how they get on.

As for the Academy v U19 issue. Definitely Academy should get priority but since it is pretty much inactive these days there is no harm for guys like Asif and Anamul to continue playing for the U19 team.

And thanks for the link Eshen. Taskin Ahmed did really well albeit against a regional youth team.

Tiger444
January 24, 2011, 07:42 PM
^I know what your thinking Equinox bhai. That's why we need our Academy and A teams to have regular tours. So these players keep on getting exposure before their brought up to the national team.

Eshen
January 24, 2011, 10:54 PM
And thanks for the link Eshen. Taskin Ahmed did really well albeit against a regional youth team.
Well, he is currently playing as Farhad Reza's opening partner in Old DOHS and has couple of good bowling figures to show.

al-Sagar
January 25, 2011, 03:11 AM
i hope a new bunch of u-19 team is selected

ThirdEye
January 25, 2011, 03:58 AM
Well, he is currently playing as Farhad Reza's opening partner in Old DOHS and has couple of good bowling figures to show.

Taskin Ahmed Tajin is doing okay for Old DOHS. He did quite good for the U-17s and Khaled Mahmud Sujon was the man behind giving him the break through in Premier League. This is his second season in Dhaka League. He played in the First Division last year. He is still very young around 17 and also very raw. But he has the right ingredients to be a good fast bowler. He is quite tall around 6' or 6'1'' and hits the deck hard not quite the swing bowler. His pace should be around 135 now but very wayward but every one expects him to bowl around 140 in 2-3 years time and and he is surely bound to gain more control with more experience and proper guidance. But he is still very very raw and its funny that he is even afraid of catching high balls. But DOHS and Bangladesh Academy coach Mizanur Rahman Babul worked with him a lot and I really think he can turn out to be out to be a decent pacer.

BTW, Gazi Tank won by 7 wickets against Old DOHS with Mithun making a half century.
Nurul Hassan Shohan is the other young player doing quite good for Old DOHS. According to many experts, he is the best keeper in Bangladesh right now and unlike Mushfiq he has long legs and arms to dive n stretch (around 5'10''). His glove work is very very neat. His batting batting technique is also quite good and overall very compact and surprisingly he also has the ability to do some big hitting. Among the young keepers his glovework is better than Mithun and Anamul but Anamul stands out as a batsman among the three.

PoorFan
January 25, 2011, 04:30 AM
Taskin Ahmed Tajin is doing okay for Old DOHS. He did quite good for the U-17s and Khaled Mahmud Sujon was the man behind giving him the break through in Premier League. This is his second season in Dhaka League. He played in the First Division last year. He is still very young around 17 and also very raw. But he has the right ingredients to be a good fast bowler. He is quite tall around 6' or 6'1'' and hits the deck hard not quite the swing bowler. His pace should be around 135 now but very wayward but every one expects him to bowl around 140 in 2-3 years time and and he is surely bound to gain more control with more experience and proper guidance. But he is still very very raw and its funny that he is even afraid of catching high balls. But DOHS and Bangladesh Academy coach Mizanur Rahman Babul worked with him a lot and I really think he can turn out to be out to be a decent pacer.

BTW, Gazi Tank won by 7 wickets against Old DOHS with Mithun making a half century.
Nurul Hassan Shohan is the other young player doing quite good for Old DOHS. According to many experts, he is the best keeper in Bangladesh right now and unlike Mushfiq he has long legs and arms to dive n stretch (around 5'10''). His glove work is very very neat. His batting batting technique is also quite good and overall very compact and surprisingly he also has the ability to do some big hitting. Among the young keepers his glovework is better than Mithun and Anamul but Anamul stands out as a batsman among the three.
Welcome to BC, Its nice to know about those kids in detail, Thanks.

BanCricFan
January 25, 2011, 07:45 AM

A very warm welcome to BC, dear ThirdEye.

Thanks for your valuable insight on the prospects of our up and coming youngsters. You sound like an 'Expert' and seem to be closely associated with our cricket :)

Looking forward to your further contribution in this forum.

jisaan
January 25, 2011, 10:58 AM
Taskin Ahmed Tajin .

Thanks & WC to BC forum.
surely, u hv close tie with our cricket

ur information is interesting

guys like me who always search for new faces, esp. pacers, would surely keep a close eye on Taskin Ahmed.. tajin from now onwards

Zunaid
January 26, 2011, 08:44 AM
Bangladesh outplay Nepal

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=27588

BINOD PANDEY

SYLHET, Jan 26: Nepal U-19 national cricket team lost to Bangladesh U-19 national team by 10 wickets in the first of three practice matches played at Sylhet on Wednesday.

Winning toss, Nepal chose to bat first and scored 70 in 33.2 overs. Bangladesh needed just 11 overs to complete the victory without losing a wicket.

Bangladesh complete the easy victory after a dismal performance by batsmen. Only Sagar Pun (18), Faizal Khan (16), Subash Khakurel (13) and Naresh Budayer (11) reached double-digit.

The team will play second match on Thursday.

Zunaid
January 26, 2011, 08:44 AM
Anyone have more details?

Shame that I get my news from Google alerts from another country and not the BCB.

Tiger Manc
January 26, 2011, 09:25 AM
^^^Yeah I know what you mean. Thanks for the news anyway.

jisaan
January 26, 2011, 09:57 AM
hope this is the beginning of our preparation for next world cup

win agt nepal is good but at this stage stage, even our 4th best team wud easily beat them

Zeeshan
January 26, 2011, 10:24 AM
Bangladesh outplay Nepal

BINOD PANDEY

SYLHET, Jan 26: Nepal U-19 national cricket team lost to Bangladesh U-19 national team by 10 wickets in the first of three practice matches played at Sylhet on Wednesday.

Winning toss, Nepal chose to bat first and scored 70 in 33.2 overs. Bangladesh needed just 11 overs to complete the victory without losing a wicket.

Bangladesh complete the easy victory after a dismal performance by batsmen. Only Sagar Pun (18), Faizal Khan (16), Subash Khakurel (13) and Naresh Budayer (11) reached double-digit.

The team will play second match on Thursday.

I guess Nepalese sports journalism shows. :-p

These sentences seem to superficially contradict each other.

Farhad
January 26, 2011, 11:23 AM
Looks like they played a Twenty20 match right after because the Nepalese side didn't feel they got enough match practice.
In the T20 match, Bangladesh put up 141/6. In rpely, Nepal scored 117 runs in the allotted 20 overs losing eight wickets.

Farhad
January 27, 2011, 05:53 PM
2nd One Day

Bangladesh 211/9 (50.0), M Hussain 47 (81), T Tariq 55 (60)
Nepal 66/10 (28.5)
Bangladesh win by 145 runs

Last match on Saturday to be switched to Twenty20, Nepal's request.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=27632

MohammedC
January 27, 2011, 06:42 PM

Why T20?

Is it because they need to catch a flight to Nepal ?

Farhad
January 27, 2011, 09:44 PM
Why T20?

Is it because they need to catch a flight to Nepal ?

They have a flight to Thailand that very day...

Either that, or they're just tired of getting beat down.

Tiger Manc
January 28, 2011, 10:31 AM
2nd One Day

Bangladesh 211/9 (50.0), M Hussain 47 (81), T Tariq 55 (60)
Nepal 66/10 (28.5)
Bangladesh win by 145 runs

Annihilation! Imagine what our full-strength team would've done.

I'm disappointed we only scored 211. It's like as if we have a fear of reaching 300.

Farhad
January 28, 2011, 12:51 PM
Annihilation! Imagine what our full-strength team would've done.

I'm disappointed we only scored 211. It's like as if we have a fear of reaching 300.

Scores over 250 in Under-19 cricket are quite rare. As a matter of fact, teams fail to reach even 200 about just as often as they succeed...

bujhee kom
January 28, 2011, 04:12 PM
Bhais, enara shei bikkhato Himaloy-er pado-desh theke cricket khelte asechen amader ei Bonna plabbito bheto Bangalier deshe...Khub khusi holaam, aar money khub santi pelum dada!