PDA

View Full Version : Siddons has ''Found'' the powerplay solution

Banglaguy
January 27, 2011, 01:39 PM
Siddons has ''found'' the powerplay soloution, althouh it has been under his nose a long time :)

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/6702.html

Bangla-desh coach Jamie Siddons sees a solution to batting Powerplay woes in Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur Rahim after their performances in the recently-concluded first phase of the Dhaka Premier League.

Mushfique and Mahmudullah were in terrific form in the league making 576 runs (in 10 innings at 72) and 376 runs (in 10 innings at 62.67) respectively, playing for Bangladesh Biman and Abahani.

In most cases they used the batting Powerplay intelligently which gave Siddons a great hope. Bangladesh were unable to use the Powerplay in most of their recent matches which often made the difference with their opponents.

They tend to lose too many wickets in batting Powerplay, which often force them to wait until the last five overs to take it. In some cases they did not have any recognised batsman left at the crease to take the advantage.

‘We have to be a little smarter in the Powerplay and being consistent in the Premier League, Mahmudullah and Mushfique showed a good sign for us. I think they can be useful in the Powerplay,’ Siddons told reporters at the indoor stadium on Thursday.

‘We have had the same roles for everyone. I want to let them take off the shackles and let’s see what they can do to it,’ said Siddons.

He also gave importance to practice instead of playing any matches at this stage as it will give his players more time to play their natural shots.

‘If we play a match and for instance Tamim got out in the first ball then he is done for the whole day without having any practice. So I think it’s better that we work hard in the practice sessions than playing a match as it will allow them to have more time in the nets. If we had any international team then we could have played but I am not interested in playing with any Bangladeshi team,’ said Siddons.

‘We will have practice under lights tomorrow [Friday] which will be pretty exciting seeing the lights work and functioning. We had a lot of cricket in the premier league and before that with Zimbabwe,’ said Siddons.

He was also excited about the prospect of him playing a role in a World Cup.

‘I am just excited to get the boys into training. World Cup is coming pretty quick and I am pretty excited with having another chance,’ said Siddons.

Equinox
January 27, 2011, 01:43 PM
So who's been batting in PPs for all this time? And did he not notice Mushy scored all those runs from number 4?

Banglaguy
January 27, 2011, 01:46 PM
So who's been batting in PPs for all this time? And did he not notice Mushy scored all those runs from number 4?

Well usually, we leave the power play till the 45th over, so never using it beforehand. We lose wickets before that, and end up having Abdur Razzak batting with mahmadullah. but Mushy and Riyad will make an awesome combo.

Banglaguy
January 27, 2011, 01:46 PM
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/6697.html
Just another tournament for Mr. Nafees ;)
Staff Correspondent

Bangladesh batsman Shahriar Nafees played down the World Cup hype on Thursday and said the forthcoming event to is just another tournament for him.

‘The World Cup is just another tournament for me. It’s not the end of the world and is part of a continuous process. Maybe the expectation is high because the tournament will be held at home,’ Shahriar told reporters after the practice session.

‘I am not too much concerned about it. I did not get a chance against Zimbabwe. Now I got it and all I know is that I have to use my chance to cement my place in the national team,’ said the left-hander.

Shahriar returned to the one-day side after almost two years against New Zealand last October and put in a decent performance, including a match-winning unbeaten fifty in the second match. He was expected to continue in the one-down position, but the selectors thought otherwise.

He was shown the door for the next series against Zimbabwe to make room for Tamim Iqbal, who returned to the side after recovering from a wrist injury.

Shahriar made 391 runs at 55.86 in 11 innings of the Dhaka Premier League innings including two back-to-back centuries, which helped him regain his place in the World Cup squad.

‘If one thinks expectation is a pressure, it is that. It depends on how an individual takes it. It can be an inspiration as well. You will feel the expectation only when you are out on the ground. On the field you have to hold your nerve. Otherwise it will come as a pressure,’ he said.

‘World Cup is still 25 days away. We just need to think we have only six matches to play in the group stage. If we think more it will come as a pressure,’ he said.

Shahriar had a horrendous World Cup in the Caribbean in 2007, making just 31 runs in six matches with only 12 as highest score. Once regarded as the next superstar of the Bangladesh team, Shahriar lost his way after the tournament and never became the same batsman that he was.

A brief stint at the rebel Indian Cricket League put his international career in jeopardy, though the left-hander managed to put it behind him and make a comeback with consistent domestic performance.

Despite his personal woes, the memory of the last World Cup in which Bangladesh turned the form book upside down and reached the second phase at the expense of India, is vivid in his memory.

‘Our primary concern is the opening game. I think India will feel the pressure because they had lost to us in the previous World Cup. They were extra careful against us whenever we played against them since that win,’ he said.

Nadim
January 27, 2011, 01:47 PM
ajaira solution. we have seen what Riyad can do in the batting pp whole of last yr and he still wants to continue with him??!!? :great:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Banglaguy
January 27, 2011, 01:51 PM
ajaira solution. we have seen what Riyad can do in the batting pp whole of last yr and he still wants to continue with him??!!? :great:

Well he did score a good 64* not out against India to get our highest total against the top 8 (296/6 against India)

SS
January 27, 2011, 01:52 PM

Agree...so is the solution keeping the same thing that we had previously!! Ash at number 4 and Mushy and Riyad comes 6 or 7 and play in 47 overs!! I thought we are playing like that last few years like that...is it a "new found" solution...matha awlai gese amar...

Raynman
January 27, 2011, 02:17 PM
Just more excuses from Siddons.

He has had enough time with the team and now he relied on the DPL to decide how to handle powerplays.

He's good simply as a defensive batting instructor. The significant matches BD have won have been primarily low scoring matches where the bowlers had a big hand.

Mushy has the potential to hit over the fielders but he would be more valuable higher up the order and without the gloves (obviously losing the gloves is not an option for the WC at this point).

I still feel that Junaid could have value as a #7 if given license to free his arm. He is capable of big hits and has a few good T20I matches under his belt. With Kayes at the top order, its counter productive to throw in Junaid and/or Raqibul within the top 4.

It might be worthwhile to try out the following line up vs. CAN & PAK in the warm up matches:

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Mushy
Shakib
Riyad/Naeem
Junaid/Ash
Shafiul
Shuvo/Nazmul
Razzak
Rubel

betaar
January 27, 2011, 02:26 PM
So Shakib's plan of sending Mushi at #4 isn't coming true. I don't know why Ash, provided he makes in the 11, isn't considered for the PP solution. May be the coach and the captain already decided he's not going to be part of the team unless a first choice batsman is injured or totally fails to perform. I have a feeling something is going to happen to one of our batsmen and Ash will make his way in.....he always does.

SS
January 27, 2011, 02:28 PM
So Shakib's plan of sending Mushi at #4 isn't coming true.

Aei Takku koiber Bel tolai jai...

Murad
January 27, 2011, 02:28 PM
Kochu find korse.. Shala hadaram ekta..

cricket_pagol
January 27, 2011, 02:32 PM
I guess this means the batting order will remain unchanged, with nafees, rock and Ash fighting for the #4 position. This also puts pressure on Zunaid.

BTW, i would ask people to go easy on Riyad, remember he was was our star just one year ago and he is one of those hard working, yet "untalented" cricketer! Let's hope that he worked on his game during the last couple of months and proves that he can still contribute for the team.

cricadda
January 27, 2011, 02:44 PM
My team x1 against india......

tamim iqbal
imrul kayes
musfiqur
roqibul
shakib
ashraful
naeem
shuvo
razzak
shafiul
rubel

naffes not applicable for india....maybe ireland and holand.

Razi
January 27, 2011, 02:55 PM
Bangladesh National Cricket Team coach Jamie Siddons expressed his optimism that if the players can continue to develop their skills in bowling, batting and fielding then they can beat any good team in the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup. “At present they are all at their best form. Especially Musfiqur Rahim is a powerplay batsman for the team now. He is scoring 60-75 on regular basis. That’s a very good sign for the team at this moment,” Siddons stated this after the practice session on Thursday GP-BCB Academy ground at Mirpur. (Source: The Independent (http://www.theindependentbd.com/sports/sports-cricket/31456-tigers-wear-new-practice-jersey.html))

Is he drunk or what, doesn't he know where Mushy batted in the DPL?

Banglaguy
January 27, 2011, 03:00 PM
I think Tamim should be our powerplay hitter... looool, I'm just joking :) Coming in at number 7...

Haru-party
January 27, 2011, 03:00 PM
suicide khaite ichcha kortase :(

Naimul_Hd
January 27, 2011, 03:04 PM
haha...takla ki eto din ghumae chilo naki ?? naki Mashrafe' r dukkhe matha aolaye gese :lol:

roman
January 27, 2011, 03:09 PM
Chi don er kotha shune ki bolbo bujhte parsi na. Ami aaj Baakruddho...

Shaan
January 27, 2011, 03:22 PM
ami tho kuno solution pailam na her kothay.. jei lau shei kodu !!

magic boy
January 27, 2011, 03:34 PM
since none of us has the perfect and realistic pragmatic solution lets wait & see weather our coach's theory can solve it or not. It seems we love to jump on him and blame him upon any news related to Jamie Siddons. we must show some respect to him !!! how much does that cost??!

Haru-party
January 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
since none of us has the perfect and realistic pragmatic solution lets wait & see weather our coach's theory can solve it or not. It seems we love to jump on him and blame him upon any news related to Jamie Siddons. we must show some respect to him !!! how much does that cost??!

matches against assosiates :( anyway i believe in sid. lets see wht happen

wiseshah
January 27, 2011, 03:58 PM
Power play solution

rokibul-mushfiq and riad

maximum 20 run

firstlane
January 27, 2011, 04:36 PM
I think Tamim should be our powerplay hitter... looool, I'm just joking :) Coming in at number 7...
Hehehe...I like it.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Raynman
January 27, 2011, 04:39 PM
^^ Might not have to be a joke. Wright just moved McCullum, the most destructive Kiwi batsman, down the order to aim for quicker runs lower down the order.

Banglaguy
January 27, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hehehe...I like it.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Because you like it, I like you :D
Does anyone want to visit my Official Mash thread... I thought he deserved it.

Tiger444
January 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
^^ Might not have to be a joke. Wright just moved McCullum, the most destructive Kiwi batsman, down the order to aim for quicker runs lower down the order.

I feel like tamims a better player though when he's not batting in the powerplays. So in my opinion it might be a better idea to just have him where he is.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Banglaguy
January 27, 2011, 04:48 PM
I feel like tamims a better player though when he's not batting in the powerplays. So in my opinion it might be a better idea to just have him where he is.

DId you know that even though Imrul is slow, Junaid Suddique's strike rate is lower?
So is Roqibul. Even Mushfiqur Rahims!

Raynman
January 27, 2011, 04:48 PM

I wouldn't change Tamim from opener but going by your logic he should be batting at #4or #5. Don't forget the first 10 and usually 15 are PP overs. ;)

al Furqaan
January 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
ridiculous. riyad has failed constantly for about 20 innings in a row at that position. thats more failures than ashraful. why does siddons think its gonna change now?

PP also must be taken earlier. it can't be taken at 46th over. and we need other guys.

i hope sakib puts his foot down and forces mushy in at 4. ash/rock will be a disaster there as we struggle to 220 in 50 overs.

Tiger444
January 27, 2011, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't change Tamim from opener but going by your logic he should be batting at #4or #5. Don't forget the first 10 and usually 15 are PP overs. ;)

I know. That's why I wish tamim could just bat through the powerplay overs so that he could go on to make bigger scores in ODIs.

WorldCup11
January 27, 2011, 05:00 PM
What about Shahrier Nafees for batting power play? Our think-tank believe Junaid is better than SN for #3. So lets try SN in batting power play and use his ICL experience.

simon
January 27, 2011, 05:16 PM
Ash & S.N could do better,Ryad & Mushy r players who r constructive,take time to settle down.
Once they r settled they can accelerate.
They r good players but not like those plyrs who tend to hit right from the beginning.

reyme
January 27, 2011, 05:25 PM
So after all this time this is what coach comes up with? Has he been sleeping for last one year? Riyad and Razzak in Powerplay? We have a coach who is definitely not thinking.

Dhakablues
January 27, 2011, 05:30 PM
Powerplay players or T20 Batsman have few things that is very much defined for them.
1. They have to have shot playing ability
2. They are very good at hooks/pulls or any over the air shots outside the circle
3. They can hit it hard or improvise even when there is a 87mph ball

Now, who are the players the squad that can do that? You got the answer...

al Furqaan
January 27, 2011, 05:44 PM
this proves that Siddons may be a technically great batting coach. Tamim, and others have attested to him vastly improving their batting, and we see it in test match cricket. Our test match batting has improved a lot, Junaid improved overnight and I'm sure Siddons had a role in that after he kept getting bounced out by Stuart Broad.

However, he is a terrible thinker. First his "team rules" BS, and now his utterly static approach to our batting PP.

If we do poorly in the world cup, it will be due to Siddons' poor strategizing.

BanCricFan
January 27, 2011, 06:00 PM
Powerplay players or T20 Batsman have few things that is very much defined for them.
1. They have to have shot playing ability
2. They are very good at hooks/pulls or any over the air shots outside the circle
3. They can hit it hard or improvise even when there is a 87mph ball

Now, who are the players the squad that can do that? You got the answer...

Javed Omar Riyad.

BanCricFan
January 27, 2011, 06:01 PM
Joy Baba Siddu! Ash stays at 4 ;)

Dhakablues
January 27, 2011, 06:31 PM
Or let me be more explicit... If he is playing at number 7..There is only one player who, if he didnt lose his wicket in his first 30 runs (keyword), has the ability to murder and destroy and annihilate and crush any bowlers in this circketing world...Ashraful

Equinox
January 27, 2011, 06:34 PM
Tamim
Imrul
SN
Mushfiq+
Shakib
Zunaed
Naeem
Shuvo/Nazmul
Shafiul
Razzak
Rubel

Tiger444
January 27, 2011, 07:05 PM
DId you know that even though Imrul is slow, Junaid Suddique's strike rate is lower?
So is Roqibul. Even Mushfiqur Rahims!

All our batsmen except shakib and tamim have sr's that hover around 70. Rocks sr is lower then our current batsmen. Ideally we should take our pp in the 35th or 40th over. Too late to experiment so we have to hope that naeem, mushy and riyad can do the job but at this point its wishful thinking.

Dilscoop
January 27, 2011, 07:10 PM
I was about to say "about damn time", thinking that he is about to go gaga over Ashraful. But he is banging on the same old dhol. How is Rahim and Riyad a new solution? I thought Rahim will bat at 4?? This is not a solution!

irampool
January 27, 2011, 07:20 PM
Javed Omar Riyad.

:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

irampool
January 27, 2011, 07:25 PM
Eta ki koilo :S:S Tar cheye Rubel ar Shafiul er kotha koileo toh bujhtam notun kisu paise!

22Yards
January 27, 2011, 07:32 PM
Eta ki koilo :S:S Tar cheye Rubel ar Shafiul er kotha koileo toh bujhtam notun kisu paise!

lol right on

Kana-Baba
January 27, 2011, 07:34 PM
মুশি আর রিয়াদ হলো আমাদের পাওয়ার প্লের বিগ হিটার!! কানা ছেলের নাম পদ্মলোচন!

rinathq
January 27, 2011, 07:43 PM
Haha Mahmudullah vs Yousuf Pathan..... OUCH !

iDumb
January 27, 2011, 07:54 PM
Initially i tought this was some sort of "bangla onion" article. We are doomed guys, we are not even gonna make it to second round if we go like this.

I am not criticising his player selection maybe i should but his approach is all messed up at this point. He is more conrned about not losing wickets than scoring runs in powerplay. It's as if batting powerplay is an extra fielder for opposition. I thought we left this mentality.

Dilscoop
January 27, 2011, 08:06 PM
He is more conrned about not losing wickets than scoring runs in powerplay.

It has always been like that. What're we gonna do with those wickets after 50 overs? Hope for a tie and win by losing less amount of wickets? Seriously, grow some guts, and let our players grow some guts. I'd rather lose all wickets and end up with 230/10 over 47 than 200/5 after 50.

He is still probably thinking about that match vs India last year, and planning things around that.

crikss
January 27, 2011, 08:11 PM
So i guess their will be no change in the batting order...stupid siddons

Dilscoop
January 27, 2011, 08:18 PM
So i guess their will be no change in the batting order...stupid siddons

And that's his new solution.

Funny if you think of it like that

:mad:

Zeeshan
January 27, 2011, 08:31 PM
Initially i tought this was some sort of "bangla onion" article.

Now that you mention it, I hope boss published a "bangla onion" article. :P

nahaz
January 27, 2011, 08:50 PM
There's two things a batsman has to do really well in Poweerplays:
1. Hit over the infield
2. Rotate strike when the ball is too good to hit to the boundary.

We are bad in both aspects.

Especially noticable is the issue of rotating strike. Whereas an English batsman may look to deflect a yorker to 3rd man or past fine lag, or hit the ribcage ball to midwicket and scamper through, we are swinging at those good deliveries trying to hit a six. The result- if we didn't get out, we have missed the ball completely. Jamie needs to really teach them the technique of placing the ball perfectly for singles, instead of trying to make boundaries out of nothing. Other thing here is that now that most of the fielders are inside the ring, you do not have as many gaps on the inner circle. Chipping over the infield (as opposed to smashing it) is an option they do not execute well.

The 2nd issue of hitting boundaries. Our batsmen often struggle with the concept of finesse. Instead of trying to guide one to 3rd man, they would try to cut for six. Their attempted pull shots seem to often be forceful, instead of trying to time it. Like I said above, chipping the ball over the infield is something we also struggle with.

The 3rd issue is mentality. We do not have patience, in general. If a ball or three was missed, often by trying to hit forcefully, we try to hit the next one to the boundary, just to make up for it. That's not how it works..

kalpurush
January 27, 2011, 10:57 PM
Total power play 20 overs right? Then why are so worried about the last 5?! If we do well in the first 15 and have wickets in hande, we will do fine regardless who is batting during the last power play IMHO :)

AsifTheManRahman
January 27, 2011, 11:08 PM
If this means Mushy will continue to bat at #6 with one of the two sorest losers in the squad coming out at #4, and that we will continue to take the PP after the 45th over, then I might as well go back to banging my head on the wall. But we'll see...

SS
January 27, 2011, 11:20 PM
There's two things a batsman has to do really well in Poweerplays:
1. Hit over the infield
2. Rotate strike when the ball is too good to hit to the boundary.

We are bad in both aspects.

Especially noticable is the issue of rotating strike. Whereas an English batsman may look to deflect a yorker to 3rd man or past fine lag, or hit the ribcage ball to midwicket and scamper through, we are swinging at those good deliveries trying to hit a six. The result- if we didn't get out, we have missed the ball completely. Jamie needs to really teach them the technique of placing the ball perfectly for singles, instead of trying to make boundaries out of nothing. Other thing here is that now that most of the fielders are inside the ring, you do not have as many gaps on the inner circle. Chipping over the infield (as opposed to smashing it) is an option they do not execute well.

The 2nd issue of hitting boundaries. Our batsmen often struggle with the concept of finesse. Instead of trying to guide one to 3rd man, they would try to cut for six. Their attempted pull shots seem to often be forceful, instead of trying to time it. Like I said above, chipping the ball over the infield is something we also struggle with.

The 3rd issue is mentality. We do not have patience, in general. If a ball or three was missed, often by trying to hit forcefully, we try to hit the next one to the boundary, just to make up for it. That's not how it works..

Great post... sum it up perfectly regarding our pp batting issue...please send this to our coach or captain...they seemed to be still not figuring out after all these years...

Zeeshan
January 27, 2011, 11:20 PM
If this means Mushy will continue to bat at #6 with one of the two sorest losers in the squad coming out at #4, and that we will continue to take the PP after the 45th over, then I might as well go back to banging my head on the wall. But we'll see...

Asif bhai, mod clearance diley "How many of you are scared?" thread-ta khular jonno lok lagaite pari. =]

Ajfar
January 27, 2011, 11:34 PM
^ keno lok lagaben keno? Nije khulen. ekhon tow ar BC te lal batti sobhuj batti aieshob nai

Tigers_eye
January 27, 2011, 11:35 PM
If Ash plays @ 4, I will not watch WC.

Zeeshan
January 27, 2011, 11:37 PM
^ keno lok lagaben keno? Nije khulen. ekhon tow ar BC te lal batti sobhuj batti aieshob nai

"If you are good at something, never do it for free." -Joker

beshideshi
January 28, 2011, 12:34 AM
I think I asked this question earlier, can't we[the batting side] take the powerplay at the 11th over before the bowling side? We seem to do well in the opening powerplay, so taking the batting powerplay straight away could work for us, specially if Tamim is still in. Then it will be up to the bowling team to decide when they will take their powerplay.

Zeeshan
January 28, 2011, 12:57 AM
You bring up a very interesting point beshideshi bro. ^

Hell why not experiment and let the bowlers take their orthodox PP from 11-16 and then why stop the "flow" there? Let the run feast continue with an unorthodox PP from 17-22? Imagine if we could bank on it we have more runs plus LESS work for middle overs.

Remember hardest part is middle overs where we have to rotate strike and EARN runs. But it is too tiresome for our genetically predisposed to flashy strokes player so why fit a square peg in a round hole? You like to hit? Fine go ahead and do just that without being too risky.

Say we get 120 in 22 with loss of 3 in an "ideal" world. Then 22-42 becomes the "middle overs" and the the last 8 overs become "desperate overs". Benefit of this unconventional tactic? There seems to be a hidden or bonus PP namely the fourth or last one!

nahaz
January 28, 2011, 01:29 AM
Great post... sum it up perfectly regarding our pp batting issue...please send this to our coach or captain...they seemed to be still not figuring out after all these years...

Thanks bro..Though I am pretty sure Siddons knows it..but its too much work, so he won't commit to fix it. Also, most of our players are going to be no help in putting in the effort in fixing this. They should have been working on it in the local and, to an extent, international matches, but obviously noone could be bothered. Siddons should have gone to the DPL and NCL matches over the last two years with national players and gave our players tips on fixing this. Then today he wouldn't have had to look at a miracle cure.

And like others said, why worry about only these overs? We are not going to all of a sudden going to get 60/0 as opposed to our usual 3/20. If our batsmen "fix" the two problems I mentioned in the next 25 days, we could maybe go to 1/40. See, if we do not lose wickets, we could take it take it around 40th over, and then go for the assault with 5 overs to go and get another 40 with jhore-bok from Razzak, Shafi, Shuvo and Rubel. This way we get 80 off the last 10 overs.

Other thing is, no point in having 4 wickets in hand at the end, unless the wicket is sluggish and new batsmen find it really hard to score quickly.

wiseshah
January 28, 2011, 01:57 AM
only power play solution at the moment is ashraful or naeem and lower order shafiul.

wish one of kapali or sabbir were here--perfect solution for power play

riad-mushfiq-shuvo is only test power play solution, if that exist

magic boy
January 28, 2011, 02:14 AM
I think I asked this question earlier, can't we[the batting side] take the powerplay at the 11th over before the bowling side? We seem to do well in the opening powerplay, so taking the batting powerplay straight away could work for us, specially if Tamim is still in. Then it will be up to the bowling team to decide when they will take their powerplay.

This is what previous Bangladesh team (pre-siddons era) used to follow as it was also previous ODI cricket rule. and used to be gone in 60seconds by the process.Except only Tamim Iqbal there is no other hard hitting batsman on top of BD batting list unlike other team. Therefore there is a risk of falling quick 2/3 wicket due to the attempt to utilize Batting powerplay too early. You Bangladesh used to end up 15 over by 45/3 , 65/4 etc.

Moreover ICC reviewed ODI batting/fielding,powerplay restriction so that the match doesn't get end by only after 15 over. as no one can guess early -what the result is going to be .

Once the score cross 200 , 250 around 40th over then the batting powerplay can transmute into dramatic figure!

beshideshi
January 28, 2011, 02:25 AM
This is what previous Bangladesh team (pre-siddons era) used to follow as it was also previous ODI cricket rule. and used to be gone in 60seconds by the process.Except only Tamim Iqbal there is no other hard hitting batsman on top of BD batting list unlike other team. Therefore there is a risk of falling quick 2/3 wicket due to the attempt to utilize Batting powerplay too early. You Bangladesh used to end up 15 over by 45/3 , 65/4 etc.

Moreover ICC reviewed ODI batting/fielding,powerplay restriction so that the match doesn't get end by only after 15 over. as no one can guess early -what the result is going to be .

Once the score cross 200 , 250 around 40th over then the batting powerplay can transmute into dramatic figure!

If a team is scared of being 65/4 and still want to win against the big boys, something must be rethought. If you are scared of falling down, you should never rise.

I know this could turn out to be a risky ploy, but higher the risk higher the return. And we can shuffle the batting order to put our regular #7[ say Nayeem] at #3 to utilize the powerplay.

In 1996 wc, Sri Lanka's strategy to attack the new ball worked as an X-factor and gave them an edge over the opponents. We don't have to follow what everyone else does or wants us to do. If something different works for us, let it be.

unfortunately our 200/5 after 40th over is not turning into a 300. Clearly our powerplay strategy isn't working too well. Time to try something new, time to get out of the box.

Baundule
January 28, 2011, 02:28 AM
Guys, do not tell anything against Siddons. Just because Siddons has invented (or found or discovered) that Rahim and Riyadh (not the match condition) are our power play solution just believe in and worship it. It will inspire Rahim and Riyadh hitting SIXes against Steyn, Zaheer and Anderson.

Zeeshan
January 28, 2011, 02:32 AM
Baundule bhai: Are with WITH us or AGAINST us?

Baundule
January 28, 2011, 02:40 AM
Baundule bhai: Are with WITH us or AGAINST us?
I am with Siddons. Now the question is are you with Siddons, or against Siddons? :D

Jadukor
January 28, 2011, 02:44 AM
Siddons dekhi Buchanon hoiya jaitese....

Murad
January 28, 2011, 02:49 AM
Siddons dekhi Buchanon hoiya jaitese....

Magician bhai eita apne eto din pore bujhlen???
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

magic boy
January 28, 2011, 02:50 AM
In 1996 wc, Sri Lanka's strategy to attack the new ball worked as an X-factor and gave them an edge over the opponents. We don't have to follow what everyone else does or wants us to do. If something different works for us, let it be.

you can take your second & third line as my reply to your first line. really we don't have to follow what everyone else does or wants us to do. we don't have similar standard cricketer to get a fruitful result by following that 1996 Srilanka's method. you can view the huge difference (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32639) .That's why Siddons wants to follow different approaches that suit our cricketers and our game plan with a view to win the match. If our spinners attack we can win by scoring low, but we have to ensure that low score is a fightable one.It may saddens us why cant we score 300+ total in ODI consecutively but realty is we don't have cricketers to do so. Unlike Tamim & Shakib others fail miserably. there are also no Sachin ,Gilchrist out side this 15 players . So we have to move on with them with suitable effective tactics . Jamie certainly knows it and he was depressed at the beginning of his career with Bangladesh now he as the batting specialist coach attempting to give a Bangladesh signature batting plan. it might be successful or not. but since there are no other option(better players) we have to follow such. :]

Murad
January 28, 2011, 02:54 AM
Guys, do not tell anything against Siddons. Just because Siddons has invented (or found or discovered) that Rahim and Riyadh (not the match condition) are our power play solution just believe in and worship it. It will inspire Rahim and Riyadh hitting SIXes against Steyn, Zaheer and Anderson.

Lolz :D

WorldCup11
January 28, 2011, 03:15 AM
I got a solution, Ask Tamim to stay till end. I mean ask him to stay in the crease from over 0.1 to 49.6. I am sure we wont have any problem with Batting power play, middle orders, lower middle order.

The benifits will be,
1. We'll always have 300 + score (even in our slow & low pitch)
2. Tamim will break Sachin's ODI highest run record

It's so delightful to watch Tamim in the crease, he never upset anyone (Except opponents) as long as he stays, unlike Ashraful and others may disappoint even staying long time.

magic boy
January 28, 2011, 03:24 AM
I got a solution, Ask Tamim to stay till end. I mean ask him to stay in the crease from over 0.1 to 49.6. I am sure we wont have any problem with Batting power play, middle orders, lower middle order.

yes we can propose him singing this song chorally :-D
Stay
Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="300" height="255" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o1Z_hskvz1M" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Stay, ahhh
Just a little bit longer
Please, please, please, please, please
Tell me that you're going to

Now your daddy don't mind
And your Mommy don't mind
If we have another dance, ya
Just one more time

Oh, won't you stay
Just a little bit longer
Please let me hear you say
That you will

Won't you place your
Sweet lips to mine
Won't you say you love me
All the time

Oh ya, just a little bit longer
Please, please, please, please, please
Tell me your going to
Come on, come on, come on, stay
Come on, come on, come on, stay, oh la de da
Come on, come on, come on, stay, my, my, my, my
Come on, come on, come on , stay

reyme
January 28, 2011, 03:27 AM
Sometimes I think we are better off without this HEAD coach.
It's amazing he could not prepare couple of pp specialist in 4 years!
Just take the batting PP when Shakib is in. Last 8-10 overs are unofficial pp anyways.
Atleast shakib can hit a few boudaries.
Maybe Siddons can become a ludu coach. Not much work or thinking needed.

WorldCup11
January 28, 2011, 03:41 AM
yes we can propose him singing this song chorally :-D

:clap::great: :D That's a good idea to send this message to him.

But I think someone like "Tony Greg" or "Virender Sehwag" can send this message more efficiently.

Can we ask those two legends to comment something "bad" about BD cricket?

Jadukor
January 28, 2011, 04:04 AM
Magician bhai eita apne eto din pore bujhlen???

areh miah ami jinish aage bujhte parle ki ar akhono ashraful aar kapalir ashai thaki?

The selection of the 15 players in our WC squad already indicates we are resistant to changing things at this point in time. Hence all the excuses about Mahmudullah and Mushfiq being the right powerplay choices. I guess it is fair to have faith in these decisions because the current think tank did win us two series at home.

With the kind of squad we have, our chances rely on how brilliantly we bowl and field. Our bowlers won us the matches in the last two series so we have to hope for the same. If any of the big teams score 270+ can we chase it down? this still remains a big question...

I think on the mirpur wicket our chasing limit is around 240... however with the right powerplay combination + execution... we could add about 20 runs to that total and chase about 260 or set a target around that region... whether that would be enough remains to be seen and would be more clear from the results of the Warm up matches on our tracks...

firstlane
January 28, 2011, 09:27 AM
I might as well go back to banging my head on the ...

Its time for Siddons to take a 'HeadButt'

Tiger Manc
January 28, 2011, 10:54 AM
I like the idea of Ash coming in at #7 and working his way up with consistent international performances. If he fails at #7, he's gone.

Banglaguy
January 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
All our batsmen except shakib and tamim have sr's that hover around 70. Rocks sr is lower then our current batsmen. Ideally we should take our pp in the 35th or 40th over. Too late to experiment so we have to hope that naeem, mushy and riyad can do the job but at this point its wishful thinking.

The strike rate does not hover 70, it's more or less around 65 (even Mahmadullah's). That is 70 (using Tamims and shakibs to bring it up) is 210. Not great...

BANFAN
January 28, 2011, 01:00 PM
‘We have to be a little smarter in the Powerplay and being consistent in the Premier League, Mahmudullah and Mushfique showed a good sign for us. I think they can be useful in the Powerplay,’ Siddons told reporters at the indoor stadium on Thursday.

‘We have had the same roles for everyone. I want to let them take off the shackles and let’s see what they can do to it,’ said Siddons

I can see major shifts in JS coaching policy. Ateast he is developing as a coach.

Baundule
January 28, 2011, 01:13 PM
I can see major shifts in JS coaching policy. Ateast he is developing as a coach.
With time he can get closer to Buchanan.

Dilscoop
January 28, 2011, 01:29 PM
With time he can get closer to Buchanan.

BhhURRRNN!

Banglaguy
January 28, 2011, 02:31 PM
New Zealand to come back for two test's (I know people have already said this, but it's in a new zealand made newspaper...
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10702805

The World Cup will be Vettori's swansong as leader. The next international assignment after that will be two tests in Bangladesh in mid-May.