PDA

View Full Version : To the IR Captain who was big mouthing for last week and so

akabir77
February 25, 2011, 10:57 AM
here is a song for you. and do it next time before you play bangladesh. 180 was enough for IR

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3XAO-IqPcn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

F6_Turbo
February 25, 2011, 11:07 AM
Winning with grace...very important.

We scraped home, tough luck for Ireland....Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

Ajfar
February 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Ireland walked the talk. They showed they are no pushover. The only way we could be bragging about the win is if we thrashed them by like 50+ runs or something. I would say they lived up to my expectation. I expected them to give us a hard time but as it turned out they did more than that. We won which is great but nothing to brag home about except the bowling and some awesome fielding. Still a lot of work that needs to get done.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

amar11432
February 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
lol, barely won.

Dilscoop
February 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
Please delete this thread. This shows disrespect to TRUE Bdeshi fans and also to thread like this (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=36024) and this (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=36031). We are not rude.

We big mouthed the Indians too, look where we ended up! They actually got close to us than we did to India. We lost the game after 1st 3 overs of Shewag beating, but the Irish came back big time from 50/0 after 5 overs to keep us under 210. They almost chased it down as well. we fell short by 100 runs, they did by 20 odd

At the end of the WC, check our 2nd world cup matches (03) and compare them with Irish ones.

akabir77
February 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
we don't hire players from england and australia. in 4 years when all these buira will be no where to be found they will end up like kenya. My point is they know they r bending the rules and hence have a stronger team but why big mouth bangladesh? they said they will win but they couldn't how r they walking the talk? I will take this win over 150+ win. this is more down grading will hurt them more... I told my friends during half time 180 is enough...

akabir77
February 25, 2011, 12:00 PM
don't care what you guys think. I know these team pops up time to me depending on one two three players and think they r the kings... look where UAE or Kenya is now?

Dilscoop
February 25, 2011, 12:06 PM
I know these team pops up time to me depending on one two three players and think they r the kings

lol, we are the one to talk. For half the age, we depended on one broke butt player like Ashraful. We still depend on 3-4 players.

You really have a big mouth, not the Irish team :), they can say w/e they want to build up their confidence, but what you are doing is unnecessary and making us look rude, unless of course you are pulling a S.20R.

Neel Here
February 25, 2011, 12:42 PM
which players have ireland hired ? I thought it went the other way, they lost morgan to england.

ammark
February 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
This is an immensely disrespectful thread. They played hard cricket when we batted and certainly gave us a scare. Otherwise we wouldnt be celebrating in processions and on the streets as lividly.

He said what he wanted to, and ultimately we played with our biggest threat to them and made them capitulate. To say that he was bigmouthing yada yada is uncalled for!

Tehsin
February 25, 2011, 01:33 PM
Big mouth or not, we batted poorly. Ireland's bowling was ordinary (I don't want to sound like Shehwag but I saw what I saw). Watch the match carefully and see how our batsmen gave away their wickets to some friendly bowling. The two run outs were the perfect example of the lack of common sense we are used to from our batsmen from time to time. India bowled and fielded far better and we scored 280+ against them. In other words, Yes, Ireland put up a fight but it was thanks to our own mistakes.

Ace of BD
February 25, 2011, 06:24 PM
i dont care......they way they disrespected us......they deserved it.....and akabir bhai...agree......hell...all the teams like kenya, uae, they all pop up....fact is...no one follows cricket there.....its so true......and ICC has a point....Canada, Netherlands, Kenya have played so many world cups.....but are there people following.......really pointless......add those countriesss where cricket is followed...like nepalll...pure example....not ireland....bet nepal will beat ireland easily in future...something like kenya where a few buch wuld always perform..now they are retiring...and look where kenya is.....today there was dockwell.(did i spell it right?)....for kenya in 2003 , there was obuya...lol....they will come and go...show some interest......lemme see if cricket in their country can overtake ruby or football like how cricket did here....if it cant then its pointless

Kabir
February 25, 2011, 07:13 PM
Big mouth or not, we batted poorly. Ireland's bowling was ordinary (I don't want to sound like Shehwag but I saw what I saw). Watch the match carefully and see how our batsmen gave away their wickets to some friendly bowling. The two run outs were the perfect example of the lack of common sense we are used to from our batsmen from time to time. India bowled and fielded far better and we scored 280+ against them. In other words, Yes, Ireland put up a fight but it was thanks to our own mistakes.

Youre missing the point. Irish team fielded well, and bowled proper deliveries. They didnt give up after five bad overs. They also chased well until they were outdone by our bowlers.

Theres a lot more to the appreciation that they are getting than just bowling ordinarily.

Night_wolf
February 25, 2011, 09:37 PM
i dont care......they way they disrespected us......they deserved it.....and akabir bhai...agree......hell...all the teams like kenya, uae, they all pop up....fact is...no one follows cricket there.....its so true......and ICC has a point....Canada, Netherlands, Kenya have played so many world cups.....but are there people following.......really pointless......add those countriesss where cricket is followed...like nepalll...pure example....not ireland....bet nepal will beat ireland easily in future...something like kenya where a few buch wuld always perform..now they are retiring...and look where kenya is.....today there was dockwell.(did i spell it right?)....for kenya in 2003 , there was obuya...lol....they will come and go...show some interest......lemme see if cricket in their country can overtake ruby or football like how cricket did here....if it cant then its pointless

i am glad u r not a supporter of india or aus..or else ur mouth would have started on north pole and ended on south

Ace of BD
February 25, 2011, 09:53 PM
i am glad u r not a supporter of india or aus..or else ur mouth would have started on north pole and ended on south

bro.....u know something....i love nepali cricket......i love kenyan cricket....i want them to succeed......i still respected them when kenya used to thrash us....they had that great attitide.....even hostile during the games....but not arrogance......ignorance of the opposition teamm......i, for one......never ever talk such things against teams who show u RESPECT.....sad to see u wud have no probs with an opposition ridcuculously neglecting us.,....and when its payback time.....u r pointing at me.....no hard feelings mate.....but i was just giving back what the irsih threw at us

Zunaid
February 25, 2011, 10:00 PM
This is a very poor thread. We are bigger than that and do not need to stoop so low.

The Irish delivered didn't they? They scared the bejeezus out of us and we just scraped through.

The Irish are a rapidly improving team and like us, they two had targeted at least 3 wins to get to QF.

Guess at least one team they thought they fancied a chance with? Yeah, us.

Let's face it - we are not #1. We are #8.

MInd games are part and parcel of the modern professional sports era.

Be big and take all the tough talk like a man. Give it back in equal measure in the field.

Bancan
February 25, 2011, 11:23 PM
don't care what you guys think. I know these team pops up time to me depending on one two three players and think they r the kings... look where UAE or Kenya is now?

Why did you open this garbage thread in a public forum if you don't care what we think?

Surfer
February 26, 2011, 12:12 AM
Where do you get the arrogance to open such threads after "barely" beating a team like Ireland that made it's debut in world cup cricket in 2007? You are a test playing nation, they are an associate member. The very fact that there was competition should be embarrassing for you.

None of you were amused when Sehwag had a few taunts for Bangladesh. But when it comes to Ireland, you dont seem to spare an opportunity I see. Hypocrisy?

WarWolf
February 26, 2011, 01:16 AM
Poor thread.

@ Surfer, probably you have seen almost everybody disliked this thread.

But I am still not happy with Sehwag. LOL.

Surfer
February 26, 2011, 09:08 AM
@WarWofl: My comment was only directed at OP and those who agree with him. Admittedly, most posts have been sensible.

thebest
February 26, 2011, 10:13 AM
Just reminded me if this kind of thread pops in ICF or Pakpassion and what would have been our reaction. I wish there is dislike button for threads for this kind of threads

akabir77
February 26, 2011, 11:24 AM
No body is taunting IR.the thread was response to what their captain was saying like shevag the idot and taunting a test nation. so don't come here and say how we dare. Of course we dare because we showed that even scoring 205 we can defend that... There is big difference between taunting or answering to the taunt.

Haru-party
February 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
nothing wrong with what poterfield said. he wanted to win against us bcs that was their best chance to show icc that they shouldnt be scrapped from the WC. and they fought well..they deserve respect for that. it is us who should shut our mouth and concentrate on improving our game. nothing personal against you...just disagree with your opinion this time. thank you

Ajfar
February 26, 2011, 02:11 PM
No body is taunting IR.the thread was response to what their captain was saying like shevag the idot and taunting a test nation. so don't come here and say how we dare. Of course we dare because we showed that even scoring 205 we can defend that... There is big difference between taunting or answering to the taunt.

might wanna change the We to I. Cause you are going solo on this. I'm pretty sure Shakib and Co. wouldn't agree with what you have said so far.

Night_wolf
February 26, 2011, 02:28 PM

as bangladesh_sy said don't drag other Bangladeshis into ur personal agenda vs the irish captain

Bancan
February 26, 2011, 03:10 PM

Who's we? Not a single person here agreed with you. :-|

Kabir
February 26, 2011, 04:59 PM
None of you were amused when Sehwag had a few taunts for Bangladesh. But when it comes to Ireland, you dont seem to spare an opportunity I see. Hypocrisy?

Agreed with the first part of your post as it was directed towards the op. But your second part sounds like we're all hypocrites - which we're not. I think it's a bit more hypocritical of someone defending Sehwag's comments about BD saying he's just taunting and walking the talk...whereas you're not happy with the op's taunting comments.

Anyway, good to see you're still around. Good luck on the games.

Dilscoop
February 26, 2011, 05:20 PM
+1^

What Kabir said. And to add to what he said, how do you miss the fact that there is only ONE guy who is trash talking the Irish skipper and rest are going AGAINST him? Where the Indians defend what Sehwag says. I've not seen one India who said what Sehwag says is wrong, instead they try to act like him.

Don't jump the gun

Rubu
February 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
Isn't big mouthing part of the captain's job description?

al Furqaan
February 27, 2011, 05:49 PM
Where do you get the arrogance to open such threads after "barely" beating a team like Ireland that made it's debut in world cup cricket in 2007? You are a test playing nation, they are an associate member. The very fact that there was competition should be embarrassing for you.

poor thread, but sehwag should be embarrassed that immediately after his 20 wickets comment he had to declare as we had 18/20 comments. that too against a team that made their test debut in 2000.

thats hypocritical, surfer.

not mention that a 27 run margin is not that much worse than your 87 run margin when taken in proportion to the wicket (ie total scores on that pitch). we had a 7% margin whereas you had a 13% margin (that too on a complete batting track with the strongest batting attack in ODI history).

al Furqaan
February 27, 2011, 05:55 PM
WC should really be a 12 team tournament, unfortunately the BCCI-CA-ECB axis of greed's thought process is intent on cutting minnows out.

the top 2 associate sides should join with the big boys and eventually we should aim to see 12 test sides in the near future, not 6 test sides.

Eshen
February 27, 2011, 08:18 PM
If Porterfield be called a big mouth for what he said before the match, than Shakib should be considered as the biggest mouth in world cricket for what he says before every match!

BTW, for the sake of Bangladesh cricket, I hope akabir77's arrogance is not going to bite him on his butts, but I don't think this is the last time we faced Ireland and they seem to have upperhand on us when we meet them outside Bangladesh!

al Furqaan
February 27, 2011, 08:26 PM
If Porterfield be called a big mouth for what he said before the match, than Shakib should be considered as the biggest mouth in world cricket for what he says before every match!

BTW, for the sake of Bangladesh cricket, I hope akabir77's arrogance is not going to bite him on his butts, but I don't think this is the last time we faced Ireland and they seem to have upperhand on us when we meet them outside Bangladesh!

Poterfield was quite okay with his verbal salvos...but as far as Shakib goes, he's been on the money every time he's said "we can still win 4-1" or "we're looking to win 4-0".

contrast to sehfag's "20 wickets" comment where he declared being 18 wickets down...:smug:

Eshen
February 28, 2011, 12:00 AM
contrast to sehfag's "20 wickets" comment where he declared being 18 wickets down...:smug:
Yeah, what a [..edit..] he is! You should wait for ever for your opposition to take all 20 wickets, regardless whether your team got enough runs to win the match or not!

_Rafi_
February 28, 2011, 02:13 AM
Whats wrong with some of BC's senior member. In other thread I saw SohelNR vai making some extremely derogatory comments about Netherlands which do not relate to cricket by any mean.
Whatever said by Porterfield was not uncalled for. He made such comments before our two world cup encounters against them and came out victorious. He is just not third time lucky and I must thank and congratulate them for fighting so hard.

akabir77
February 28, 2011, 08:51 AM
I was trying to refrain from writing on my own thread for couple of reasons.
1. Yes i have done some thing that I am not proud of and This is the first time I have done some thing like this.
2. Some people are just attacking me instead of what I have to say. (and some are not and I have read their comments too)
3. some are repeating what others are saying without reading (like I am the only one in this thread that agrees with what I have said
4. I am little busy to do the search i need to do to back up why i opened this thread in the first place. (All the comments from IR players where they were treating us like we don't deserve to play test but they do )

Background.
1. I know IR is playing much better in the field and off it and I think its time to give them some of their own medicine. (remember I did not just started poking their captain from no where, as some one said they (or their captain) have been doing that for some time now.
2. I feel like its unfair to our team (IMO) because: they have x players from england/australia who have played tons of 1st class cricket and county cricket and hence have a stronger team then other associates.
But to me they are taking un fair advantage of that and bulling us. even in the last interview their captain said we r strong in our own environment. so we are weaker then them in other places? you guys might agree with that but I don't.
3. In 2/3 years they will have to retire at least 4/5 players and most of those r the x other countries players. and that's why I think they will not be any threat to anyone in coming years.
4. We have earned our test status with our players and facilities which is questioned by every one and every step (including some BC members thinks that way). but I do believe that it is not correct. ICC knows how deep our passion runs and how deep was our player pipe line. they knew if they gave us the opportunity we can thrive. but most of this other countries (UAE, KNEYA, HOLLAND, CANADA) have no players base and run on one or two players form and once they are gone these team will be no where to be found (example UAE, Kenya).
5. I know IR had our number but I think this defeat will give us the upper hand and from now on our boys will not be bullied by them anymore.

All i wanted to stand up to the bully. But I do see your points too but I thought I needed to do this.

You can search and see even after big wins I do not open any kind of threads in BC (normally and not a thread like this for sure).

This will be my last reply to this thread. so I hope you (any one who doesn't agree with me) don't want this to continue do not reply and the thread will be lost in time.

cheers

zainab
February 28, 2011, 06:03 PM
Ireland is a good team, they beat BD in 2007 WC, knocked out BD in the 20/20 WC and then again after the England tour, so Porterfield was right in saying that they can beat BD.
Let's face the truth. BD barely sneaked through with this win, and they would not be able to defend 205 against another team in the group. If they bat first, they will have to score over 250 runs, less than this would be tough to defend.

Kabir
February 28, 2011, 06:24 PM
Zainab, not that i disagree with you...we did defend 178 against the leaking kiwis :D

allrounder
February 28, 2011, 06:46 PM
The Kiwis already got smacked by Aus, SL and Pak is on the waiting list, but they will still make the QF unlike Bangladesh.

Zunaid
February 28, 2011, 06:58 PM
AKabir - a weaker one can never be the bully. If we consider Ireland to be the bully, then we are acknowledging that they are stronger than us. This is simple posturing - mind games designed to get us (the team) a kilter - a very important part of modern competitive matches. Look - the West Indies have already started. Lets go get 'em boy.

RazabQ
February 28, 2011, 07:22 PM
Ok I agree with most posters that Akabir's thread _appears_ to be in poor taste. However I think what I'm getting from him is an affinity for that old expression: [বাংলা]বামন হাতে চাঁদ[/বাংলা]. What this means is that if your team is comprised of large number of non-homegrown players, then you shouldn't be claiming to be better than a side like BD which is organically developed and have more often than not won against teams of that caliber of late. Do I have you right?

I don't agree with this premise - Zim for a large part of it's excellent cricket history had cricket played only amongst its white farmers and yet did pretty well. Plus home-grown or not (Kevin Pieterson anyone?), performance on the field is all that matters in this day and age.

But I see where he's coming from.

@ Surfer. You definitely were not specific about your retort until warwolf pointed it out. It pays to precise when criticism is being dealt out.

RazabQ
February 28, 2011, 07:25 PM
Off topic: that video is annoying! Ugly broad singing pretentious wannabe jazz stuff, supported by mediocre musicians.

Banglatiger84
February 28, 2011, 11:58 PM
IMHO, akabir wasnt being as arrogant as claimed by some of you.

Ireland didnt walk the walk after all , did they? They claimed that they could defeat us and fell 27 runs short.
If they had simply claimed they would give us a tough time, we wouldnt be calling them arrogant.

Same goes for if Shakib had claimed we would beat India...

akabir77
March 1, 2011, 09:10 AM
Ok I agree with most posters that Akabir's thread _appears_ to be in poor taste. However I think what I'm getting from him is an affinity for that old expression: [বাংলা]বামন হাতে চাঁদ[/বাংলা]. What this means is that if your team is comprised of large number of non-homegrown players, then you shouldn't be claiming to be better than a side like BD which is organically developed and have more often than not won against teams of that caliber of late. Do I have you right?

Exactly...

RazabQ
March 1, 2011, 03:24 PM
Exactly...Still don't agree though :)

akabir77
March 1, 2011, 03:34 PM
Still don't agree though :)

that's ok with me ;)

ammark
March 2, 2011, 12:05 PM
Well, they sure shoved it up England's behind!!!!

Respect to the Irish!

Bancan
March 2, 2011, 12:05 PM
L o l.

Kabir
March 2, 2011, 12:11 PM
WTF?????????

Last thing I saw, they were 130ish or something for 5, after 25 overs. And then they pull this off?

Hats off to them...this is just incredible.

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 12:21 PM
Sorry but this match IRE v Eng just made the thread opener looks [edit]:P

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hats off. You have now earned the right to say anything you want. What your mate did today is incredible. I salute you and specially O'Brian.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

akabir77
March 2, 2011, 04:10 PM
They can play like god against who ever they couldn't score 200 against us. so nothing is wrong to me yet. look how much they score against the only spinner. beside with hired guns any team can do this. wish we could get xpakistanis as bowlers and xindian's as batter and xSL as fielders...

bujhee kom
March 3, 2011, 01:15 AM
Hahaahhaa....Akabir77 held and cried in his son's lap today bhai!...jai hoke dukkho kroben naa...nijer mone-ke shantona den...bujhaan it's okay!

Haru-party
March 3, 2011, 01:57 PM
They can play like god against who ever they couldn't score 200 against us. so nothing is wrong to me yet. look how much they score against the only spinner. beside with hired guns any team can do this. wish we could get xpakistanis as bowlers and xindian's as batter and xSL as fielders...

they are not playing with hired guns but the vice-versa. ed-joyce is pure irish as well as morgan. if morgan was playing for them they would have beaten us easily.

shane2k
March 4, 2011, 02:40 AM
- A win is a win not matter what.... no matter how childish it may look to the others a winner earned the right to celebrate the win. The opposite of the celebration is being disgraced and being sad and frustrated and upset. So where IS the problem in bragging about the WIN !!!

- Every critic said Ireland played so good that they deserved to win the game. Yah right, dissect the opinion and it basically says, Ireland played so well that they were beaten by the opponent somehow which IRE could not overcome, meaning opponent did something really good. So, BD played something really good.

- So, Hurrrraaaaah for BD...

- We should celebrate every four, every six, every sneak chance, every good ball, every wicket as if it is the end of life opportunity.... this sheer joy will make the opposition go mad... :)

Night_wolf
March 4, 2011, 04:38 AM
I hope the thread opener is happy now...god doesnt like stubbornness

Ahmed_B
March 4, 2011, 05:03 AM
akabir..will you please open a thread about big-mouth bangladeshis now? They deserve it more than the Irish actually!

Tehsin
March 4, 2011, 06:32 AM
Amen.

akabir..will you please open a thread about big-mouth bangladeshis now? They deserve it more than the Irish actually!

mamba
March 4, 2011, 09:49 AM
I have been a silent spectator in this forum and this thread has made me speak out. Akbir your ignorance knows no bounds. you claim that Ireland is a team of hired guns. Do you even know that the team that beat England had 9 homegrown irish players and 2 people of Australian origin who are married to Irish women and are in dublin for over 15 years. You speak about Irish cricket as if you know what you are talking about. I am involved with irish cricket and let me tell you that there are quite a few homegrown talent that you will be hearing about in the future.

Poynter, Balbarnie, Delany to name a few. When the Irish captain spoke he did not say that the Irish team was better than the BD team but spoke that the CHANCES of beating BD were higher than beating stronger teams like Ind, Eng and SA. They aimed to beat BD. I think by the end of the group stahes you will find that they have performed better than BD in this world cup and away from home.

Apologies to all rational BD fans

Surfer
March 4, 2011, 10:15 AM
I have been a silent spectator in this forum and this thread has made me speak out. Akbir your ignorance knows no bounds. you claim that Ireland is a team of hired guns. Do you even know that the team that beat England had 9 homegrown irish players and 2 people of Australian origin who are married to Irish women and are in dublin for over 15 years. You speak about Irish cricket as if you know what you are talking about. I am involved with irish cricket and let me tell you that there are quite a few homegrown talent that you will be hearing about in the future.

Poynter, Balbarnie, Delany to name a few. When the Irish captain spoke he did not say that the Irish team was better than the BD team but spoke that the CHANCES of beating BD were higher than beating stronger teams like Ind, Eng and SA. They aimed to beat BD. I think by the end of the group stahes you will find that they have performed better than BD in this world cup and away from home.

Nice to know. We have high hopes from Ireland. We need more good teams in cricket. I hope the Irish team does well and gets the test status soon.

kalpurush
March 4, 2011, 01:41 PM

Welcome to BC mate. All the best to the Irish team. :)

Neel Here
March 4, 2011, 01:53 PM
mamba, it was simply GREAT to watch your boys finish that match with panache, your team has a great future ahead of it. as an Indian supporter though, I'm a little concerned about the next match.

ammark
March 4, 2011, 03:04 PM
mamba,

your boys have won our hearts from way before. We only wish Ireland the best. While the rest of this forum may look for excuses for the defeat of our team (BD) against WI, not many do the soul searching required to find the reasons.

You make a great point, that 9 of your players are home grown, but some of them do have exposure and quality experience from the English domestic leagues and I'm sure the local Irish leagues too. Our administrators on the other hand have been perenially corrupt, short sighted and sinister about developing quality domestic first class structure, coaching and academy programs, etc that will generate players who exude professionalism, and at the least have their basics in cricket honed in by the time they're 19. You will notice that many of those who got out today played lazy shots, and were miles off the mark from playing textbook cricketing shots in good frame of mind and temperament.

All our players will be flashes in the pan, lest they develop their temperament and cricketing intelligence.

Hope Ireland proceeds well in these ways too. We want the world of cricket to strive and shine. Ireland, Netherlands, Bangladesh, Canada, Kenya, Afghanistan inclusive.

Ahsan
March 4, 2011, 03:19 PM

My throat is sored cheering for Ireland team vs England game! My best wishes for them. Seriously they have better chance to proceed to quarter finals than BD does now. Go Ireland against India! :)

bujhee kom
March 5, 2011, 02:59 AM
Go Ireland!