PDA

View Full Version : Match #15: England vs Ireland (Group B) at Bangalore, Mar 2, 2011

Pages : [1] 2

Zeeshan
March 1, 2011, 11:06 PM
ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 / News

<table class="socl" style="float: right;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">
</td></tr> </tbody></table>England v Ireland, World Cup 2011, Group B, Bangalore

Ireland look to make statement

The Preview by Andrew McGlashan
March 1, 2011

Match Facts

March 2, Bangalore
Start time 2.30pm (0900 GMT)
<table style="margin-top: 5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"> <tbody><tr> <td width="10" height="1">
</td> <td class="phototbl"> http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/118900/118937.2.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="stryPicCptn" id="stryPicCptn"> George Dockrell already has a county deal and may soon have to decide between Ireland and England <nobr>© Getty Images</nobr>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
The Big Picture
Has everyone caught their breath after Bangalore's last match? It was an epic tie and the remaining games in the tournament will struggle to match it. Still, this group looks set to provide most of the intrigue over who will make the quarter-finals because Ireland are good enough to upset one of the big teams.
They had a great chance against Bangladesh until the batting failed to chase down 206 but now have England in their sights. While the cricket rivalry between the two countries has yet to reach the level seen in rugby, for Ireland this is a massive contest where they'll be desperate to make a statement and cause a shock.
England will need to be on their guard and will want an improvement in the bowling department which, apart from Graeme Swann against Netherlands and the immense Tim Bresnan against India, has been below par. Lifting themselves after the events on Sunday won't be easy. Ireland have come close to claiming their scalp before. In the hangover of the 2009 Ashes, England hung on for a two-run victory in Belfast and at the World Twenty20 last year, Ireland believed they had a good chance of chasing down 120 before the rain came in Guyana.

Ireland are a leading light among the Associates, showing what is possible with a well-structured game and a core of experienced players. A number of mini-battles will be worth watching, including Ed Joyce against the England attack, the Warwickshire duel of Boyd Rankin bowling against Ian Bell and Jonathan Trott, and the vastly talented left-arm spinner George Dockrell.

Form guide

(completed matches, most recent first)

England TWLLL
Ireland LWLLW

Watch out for...

George Dockrell will be bowling against potential future team-mates on Wednesday. The 18-year-old left-arm spinner is one of the finest Associate bowlers in the world and has earned himself a county contract with Somerset. The talk is that the England set-up has also taken note of his talent. He showed what he is capable of with the superb figures of 2 for 23 against Bangladesh - a team that should play spin pretty well - and on his Twenty20 international debut he bowled his four overs for 19 against England. His contest against Kevin Pietersen, should Dockrell open the bowling, will be fascinating, but he'll be happy with any scalps to his name.
How long will experience carry Paul Collingwood along? The early stages of his World Cup campaign have not been disastrous by any means - an important innings against Netherlands and a few useful overs - but his wild hack against Zaheer Khan was a disappointing shot. England will stick with him, as they so often have, but a player batting in the top five and supposedly a key bowler needs to produce more than bit-part performances. If England play a five-man attack, are Collingwood's cutters so vital? If not, Ravi Bopara is waiting in the wings.

Team news

England are waiting to see how Stuart Broad responds to training after his stomach bug before declaring him fit to face Ireland and that decision may not come until the morning of the game. If Broad has recovered, James Anderson's place will be under threat after two shocking matches against Netherlands and India. There also remains the wider issue of balance after Michael Yardy came into the side against India, but the middle looked light on hitting power.

England (possible): 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Kevin Pietersen, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Ian Bell, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Matt Prior (wk), 7 Michael Yardy, 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Graeme Swann, 11 Ajmal Shahzad

William Porterfield, the Ireland captain, confirmed they had a fully fit squad to select from but the side they played against Bangladesh was probably the best eleven. It's down to the batsmen to put up a better showing, although Alex Cusack is another all-round option should they want to make a change.

Ireland (possible): 1 William Porterfield (capt), 2 Paul Stirling, 3 Ed Joyce, 4 Niall O'Brien (wk), 5 Andrew White, 6 Kevin O'Brien, 7 Andre Botha, 8 John Mooney, 9 Trent Johnston, 10 George Dockrell, 11 Boyd Rankin

Pitch and conditions

There was a distinct tinge of green to the pitch the day before the game and the bowlers will hope that's still evident come match day. If not, expect another batting paradise which, coupled with a fast outfield, should lead to another bat-dominated match.

Stats and trivia

These two teams met at the 2007 World Cup in Guyana (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/247484.html), when England won by 48 runs. They could select five players from that match if Ravi Bopara is recalled, while Ireland can boast eight survivors although one, Ed Joyce, has now switched sides.

If Jonathan Trott scores 64 he will equal Viv Richards and Kevin Pietersen as the fastest player to 1000 runs in one-day internationals. (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283174.html)
After his career-best 5 for 48 against India, Tim Bresnan needs four more wickets to reach 50 in ODIs, while Trent Johnston needs two to reach the same milestone

Quotes
"He's a lot better today. He's going to practice, and he'll be keen to get out there and bowl some overs in the nets. Broad brings us a bit of height advantage, he just gets that extra bounce. He's good at the death as well, and in the Powerplays. He's a lot more experienced than myself or Ajmal."
Tim Bresnan hopes Stuart Broad will be back to boost the England attack

"The day after the game and that night the lads were pretty gutted. It's no lie, anyone that loses a game like that you're going to be pretty down, but that's professional sport."
William Porterfield admits it took a while to get over the Bangladesh defeat

Andrew McGlashan is an assistant editor at ESPNcricinfo

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/current/story/503705.html

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 01:16 AM
ireland er played der jonno ajke Ogni_porikkha ....

future e england er hoye jader khelar iccha tader ajke shine korte hobe

Zeeshan
March 2, 2011, 01:19 AM
ireland er played der jonno ajke Ogni_porikkha ....

future e england er hoye jader khelar iccha tader ajke shine korte hobe

bhai ora jodi jite jay tayle abar amader na ki musibot hoy ke jane :( :( :(

WorldCup11
March 2, 2011, 01:55 AM
I want Ireland to lose very badly. In their every success they become vocal against us and try to say "we are better" . who ever they'll beat, they will end up saying "we are better than Bangladesh"

I hate Ireland for this and I can see Afghan's got similar attitude too.

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 02:21 AM
I want Ireland to lose very badly. In their every success they become vocal against us and try to say "we are better" . who ever they'll beat, they will end up saying "we are better than Bangladesh"

I hate Ireland for this and I can see Afghan's got similar attitude too.

aren't we are the ones to blame for that?..our constant failure to produce goods have given them the power to raise their voice...if we can produce good results consistency from now on they will stop...it has started in the NZ series..now lets show the world what we can do in the world cup..and after that show consistency..

we r the ones who needs to shut our critics..they wont shut themselves

Jadukor
March 2, 2011, 03:00 AM
can any of you kind souls send me through PM a link to watch this game? i don't think i would be able to stream HQ links though as my connection speed is slow

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 03:22 AM
England vs Ireland

Match scheduled to begin at 14:30 local time (09:00 GMT)

Current time: 13:51 local, 08:21 GMT | Match begins in: 0:39

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 03:29 AM
khela kee adou jombe ???

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 03:39 AM
England win the toss and bat. A good toss for Andrew Strauss to win, and Stuart Broad is back from illness in place of Ajmal Shahzad. A reprieve for James Anderson, who went for 91 against India. Gary Wilson is back in the side for Ireland, in place of Andre Botha, who bowled well against Bangladesh.

England 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Kevin Pietersen, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Ian Bell, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Matt Prior (wk), 7 Michael Yardy, 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Stuart Broad, 10 Graeme Swann, 11 James Anderson.

Ireland 1 William Porterfield (capt), 2 Paul Stirling, 3 Ed Joyce, 4 Niall O'Brien (wk), 5 Alex Cusack, 6 Kevin O'Brien, 7 Gary Wilson, 8 John Mooney, 9 Trent Johnston, 10 George Dockrell, 11 Boyd Rankin

Shehwar
March 2, 2011, 03:43 AM
I'll be rooting for Ireland.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 04:13 AM
22/0 after 3

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 04:26 AM
40/0 after 6 over

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 04:32 AM
Eng is on its way for a good Irish thrashing! I say 350+ today.

amar11432
March 2, 2011, 04:56 AM
http://onlinewatchsport.com/

Yameen
March 2, 2011, 04:59 AM
south africa B team off to a good
start against the England academy ;)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 04:59 AM
http://www.hitcric.info/

this working good

watching from office

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 05:00 AM
south africa B team off to a good
start against the England academy ;)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

very well said

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 05:01 AM
strauss gone ....

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 05:20 AM
Piet's dismissal was as soft as they get. What was he thinking? He can show BD batters how to throw a wicket? I thought ours were bad.

_Rafi_
March 2, 2011, 05:25 AM
Pietersen's dismissal made Ash's dismissal look ok. The man know how to ruin himself. I was actually waiting after his half-century how he get out. I thought he would choke trying to hit a six. But as always my imagination failed on him.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 05:28 AM
that was a very stuoid shot from KP to get out

Sohel
March 2, 2011, 05:43 AM
Go Éire!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2wmYfT1Xvf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amhrán na bhFiann

Sinne Fianna Fáil,
atá faoigheall ag Éirinn,
Buíon dár slua
thar toinn do ráinig chughainn,
Faoi mhóid bheith saor
Seantír ár sinsear feasta,
Ní fhágfar faoin tíorán ná faoin tráill.
Anocht a théam sa bhearna baoil,
Le gean ar Ghaeil, chun báis nó saoil,
Le gunna scréach faoi lámhach na bpiléar,
Seo libh canaig amhrán na bhFiann

stuge
March 2, 2011, 05:47 AM
Strauss and KP were too overconfident that lead to their dismissals .

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 05:51 AM
Good to see Eng struggle against Irish spinners. Good and wierd. Irish spiners? Really?
ICC should definitely consider giving the Irish a well deserved ODI spot whether they beat a big team or not.

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 05:55 AM
The excuse from the commie about Piet's dismissal - "I think he just got bored really.....". :). Possibly.

zainab
March 2, 2011, 06:01 AM
It will be good thrashing for Ireland. I think England will win by a huge margin here.

Shehwar
March 2, 2011, 06:03 AM
Eng on their way to a massive score ...

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 06:08 AM
How bad was the 2007 Eng side that someone like Ed Joyce was picked for it? Eng in 2011 is ready to win it.

Shehwar
March 2, 2011, 06:08 AM
I'm sick and tired of this David lloyd asshole constantly moaning about Bangladesh immigration! Whats his ****ing problem? Just expected to show up with his Passport with no visa on it and walk staright in? Atherton was saying a little while back that he is on his way to Dhaka tomorrow and the asshole started whining about how he had to wait for 2 hours AGAIN!!

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 06:10 AM
This again proves that our batting has to improve a lot to give us a shot at the top spots. This is how you bat. Take none or little chances, bat without pressure, be patient, take single, keep your wickets, go after the bad balls.

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 06:13 AM
There's that. There's also the fact that it took me less then an hour to go through the immigration and security in the US. They are ICC officials and BCB should have taken care of their immigration. However, we all know how well BCB ad Kyazoonga managed the match ticket issue.

I'm sick and tired of this David lloyd asshole constantly moaning about Bangladesh immigration! Whats his ****ing problem? Just expected to show up with his Passport with no visa on it and walk staright in? Atherton was saying a little while back that he is on his way to Dhaka tomorrow and the asshole started whining about how he had to wait for 2 hours AGAIN!!

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 06:23 AM

Immigrition officer must have pissed him off by questioning "why are you in Bangladesh", "Are you sure you are not going to settle down here illegally", "Are you sure you are British, coz you look Irish to me" - lol. .. .

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 06:27 AM
I can't believe we struggled with this Irish side. Seriously!!

I am tired of these one sided matchesssss.. when are these gonna end???

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 06:30 AM
Good to see Eng struggle against Irish spinners. Good and wierd. Irish spiners? Really?
ICC should definitely consider giving the Irish a well deserved ODI spot whether they beat a big team or not.

England is struggling ....really? 6 runs an over - I hardly call that a struggle!!

I don't think beating just Bangladesh is good enough to get ODI status (this again.. who did we beat to get it?). Well tough!

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 06:38 AM
batting PP - cool now we will see 5 wickets down in 3 overs.. will we? will we?

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 07:14 AM
Both the English batsmen denied of their 100. Finally !!!

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 07:35 AM
WOw. Lesson fro this match and the last one. Get the top four out for cheap and the rest will crumble.
Dockrell got whacked but Stirling ended with 45 for 1 in 10 overs. We have better spinners.

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 07:41 AM
Good come back by the Irish in the last 10 overs.

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 07:43 AM
England were set for a score of 340-350 easy. They scored 49 runs off 42 balls losing 6 wickets to Ireland.

Tehsin
March 2, 2011, 07:44 AM
Did Warne predict a tie in this game too? England worked mighty hard to restrict themselves. Which reminds me, Bangladesh works overtime to keep themselves at 205.

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 08:18 AM
First ball and OUT Porterfield.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 08:18 AM
out 1st ball .....

Portedfield

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 08:20 AM
Ed Joyce is the new man, he opened in the corresponding fixture four years ago. For England.

I never thought I would ever hear this.

6alltheway
March 2, 2011, 08:27 AM

I am tired of these one sided matchesssss.. when are these gonna end???

This is the gulf between us and England.

Some people think we can win it, they are seriously deluded.

We have 1 in form batsman, England have 4. We need to find another 3 Tamim's to compete with top 6 teams.

Ireland already 3-1.

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 08:57 AM
Ireland is doing well so far. Shall I be worried!!

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 09:02 AM
there goes Stirling...entertaining innings from him though

Shehwar
March 2, 2011, 09:08 AM
Shame Stirling threw it away like that! I was enjoying his batting ..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

BanCricFan
March 2, 2011, 09:09 AM
Eng needs a fielding coach urgently.:-D

stuge
March 2, 2011, 09:22 AM
Even though Ireland is playing quite well in terms of minnow teams .328 is just too much for them to chase .

this is really shows how placid this pitch is for batting .

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 09:32 AM
khela kintu bhalo jome jete pare

BanCricFan
March 2, 2011, 09:39 AM

Extremely over the top reaction there, bro. Totally uncalled for. I would be very livid too if I had to loiter about at the airport for TWO hours and I have a muslim name and a beard. And I don't think Lloyd fits the image of a typical 'terrorist'. We need to acknowledge first that we do have widespread mismanagement and incompetency across the board back home. Just think about the WC ticket fiasco. Bumble is widely known for his tounge and cheek comments and lets not forget he is a Lancastrian. Cut him some slacks and take his words with a pinch of salt. :-D

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 09:40 AM
3 down

N O Brien gone

swann strike

BanCricFan
March 2, 2011, 09:44 AM

Yes, we batted poorly but you got to take the pitch into consideration, too.

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 09:56 AM
Yes, we batted poorly but you got to take the pitch into consideration, too.

Yes - I am trying to find some consolation thinking that it is the 'pitch' we should blame on for our poor batting performance. Nevertheless, we won the match.

Sohel
March 2, 2011, 10:30 AM
Immigrition officer must have pissed him off by questioning "why are you in Bangladesh", "Are you sure you are not going to settle down here illegally", "Are you sure you are British, coz you look Irish to me" - lol. .. .

:floor:

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 10:36 AM
kevin o brien playing well

Haru-party
March 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
what an innings he is playing!!!

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
OHHh Kevinnnnnnn....

he is playing for ENgland for sure next year.

Rubu
March 2, 2011, 10:42 AM
6!!

Good fight by the Irish. If KO'B is still there 'til the end, they might still have a chance.

Rubu
March 2, 2011, 10:45 AM
I love their positive attitude. Not waiting until 45 over to take the batting power play and going all out trying to win it. That is how it need to be done.

akabir77
go IR go.

Roni_uk
England, coincidentally, were 205 for 2 at the same stage. And they finished badly ...

blimey

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 10:46 AM
I am just glad that we are done with the Irish!

Haru-party
woooooooooohooooooooooooo

Bancan
holy six

Nafi
Gwaaan Ireland!!

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 10:47 AM
huuugggeee 6666...are we gona see an upset!!!

Rubu
My O My!

The Irish are showing how to use the power play. Now, this is fun!

reverse_swing
Batting PP 55/0 (4.0) RR 13.75

al-Sagar
k o brien just hit the longest 6 of the WC

76 of 38 ....

IRELAND making a fight of the game

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 10:48 AM
i wish we had a power hitter like kevin

Rubu
March 2, 2011, 10:49 AM
Cusack should just take single and give KO'B the strike. The game as become more competetive than I expected. 106 from 15 over is definitely doable. They could only hope for a couple of more wickets on hand.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 10:50 AM
99 needed from 84 balls ..........

khela besh jome utheche

reverse_swing
March 2, 2011, 10:51 AM
99 from 84 balls!

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 10:51 AM
Batting PP - 62 runs with no wickets.

Bangladesh should learn from this.

ermm just out of interest, is it good for us if the Irish wins today?

beshideshi
March 2, 2011, 10:52 AM
i wish we had a power hitter like kevin

Even during the Bangladesh game i was hoping we had someone like Kevin O'Brien. We seriously miss a power hitter like him.

allrounder
March 2, 2011, 10:52 AM
Bangladesh will always learn but not apply.

BanCricFan
March 2, 2011, 10:53 AM
This puts our win into perspective...doesn't it? Anyone fancy the English and James Andersons now?

In comes Shahzad.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 10:53 AM
now IRELAND will be back in a chance to qualify if they beat england.

ireland will back themselves to beat NED and WI

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 10:55 AM
another :four:

91 of 79

beshideshi
England attack, barring Swann has been well below par.

Haru-party
oh my god...allah bachaise amago

BanCricFan
C'mon you Irish!!!

Bancan
jesus christ. holy ****. that was a huge six.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 10:56 AM
and 6 ...............

85 of 78 ..........

ENGLAND are nervous

Night_wolf
i'm loving this!!!!!!!!!...go ireland go!!!

Roni_uk
4 and a SIX... Kevin is killing England. In his 90s.

Shehwar
March 2, 2011, 10:57 AM
Carnage!!

Nafi
If Bangladesh were in this position, I would fully expect them to make it from here

cricket_pagol
Kevin O'Brien is schooling England... come on Ireland, let's win this game!!!!

al-Sagar
what an innings ......

90 of 42 .....

can he win the match

if IRE win this it will make our qualification chances Complex

Rubu
oh my god...allah bachaise amago
Not Just yet.

BanCricFan
March 2, 2011, 10:58 AM
Colly will pick up a wkt now. :(

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2011, 10:58 AM
We're screwed. Thanks a lot Kevin.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 10:59 AM
khela besh jome uthche .........

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2011, 11:00 AM
I hope our batsmen are watching. I hope the coach is watching too. This is when and how you play the PPs.

Bancan
How does this match effect us?

allrounder
Why are we screwed?

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 11:01 AM
hahahahaha....dropped!!!!!

Bancan
He dropped that wowowowowo

al-Sagar
droppeed ............

tough but dropped .......

match dropped ????????

BanCricFan
England are truelly rattled. All over the shop.

cricket_pagol
March 2, 2011, 11:02 AM
Strauss just dropped the game!!!

ialbd
baapre baap, ki bachan ta na bachhi ireland er theke....

k.o'brien ekdom jhal mitay nitese..... or looking for a spot in the english team...

BanCricFan
How vital was that Tamim catch!

Nafi
March 2, 2011, 11:03 AM
Dropped!!!!

Anher
come on Kevin fastest worldcup 100 waiting for you. Take it.

al-Sagar

it effects as now IRELAND are back in contention for the 4th place.

in fact now england, ireland, BD, WI all are in contention for 3rd and 4th place.

cricket_pagol
I hope our batsmen are watching. I hope the coach is watching too. This is when and how you play the PPs.

Ireland is a smart team. Ireland always play well with their limited resources.

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 11:04 AM
How vital was that Tamim catch!

tamim took nail's catch..shuvo took kevin's one

al-Sagar
250 up

78 of 69

Nafi

Are you being silly.

England not winning a point, means very good for BANGLADESH to go ahead of England and qualify.

beshideshi
I doubt Ireland will be able to finish it off. :\ Experience of playing close game puts England ahead imo

Bancan
March 2, 2011, 11:05 AM
dropped again,

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:05 AM
dropped again

Murad
March 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
england pacers didn't learn from what steyn said in his interview.

ialbd
March 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
england wants the match to get more exciting it seems.... letting go all the catches for now.. ;)

cricket_pagol
March 2, 2011, 11:07 AM
O'brien needs to chill

BanCricFan
March 2, 2011, 11:08 AM

Doesn't effect us as we won against them. We need to win THREE matches. We should beat England and SA.

Nafi
it effects as now IRELAND are back in contention for the 4th place.

in fact now england, ireland, BD, WI all are in contention for 3rd and 4th place.

Bangladesh already beat Ireland, if Ireland beat England, it will only be good for Bangladesh chances.

I dont see Ireland qualifying, but I see them making upsets to deny WI and England 'easy' points

Rubu
What do you mean? I think it is good for us. If IRE wins today, we will get a chance to go to the second round by RR only with 2 wins. and We'll get a chance to improve our RR against NET.

Eng losing it is good for us.

reverse_swing
March 2, 2011, 11:09 AM
What do you mean? I think it is good for us. If IRE wins today, we will get a chance to go to the second round by RR only with 2 wins. and We'll get a chance to improve our RR against NET.

Eng losing it is good for us.

How?

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:09 AM
Are you being silly.

England not winning a point, means very good for BANGLADESH to go ahead of England and qualify.

there are other situation if IRE wins this.

IRE will win against NED, and if they beat WI then they will be equal to us provided we beat WI and NED.

there is game between ENG and WI. either of the team is gonna win there .... so u cant get both ENG and WI loosing.

if IRE was beaten today a win against WI would have been enough, but now an IRE win makes thing complex.

Rubu
March 2, 2011, 11:10 AM
I doubt Ireland will be able to finish it off. :\ Experience of playing close game puts England ahead imo
I think they have learned that from BD match. They are more composed now.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:10 AM
63 from 58 balls

ialbd
March 2, 2011, 11:11 AM
now all that 'excessive' celebration (after our victory over Ireland) makes complete sense....

Haru-party
mojai moja....amar boss-er mukh dekhar moto hoise

Xavier
What is happening?!?! What is happening?!?!

ASTONISHING innings by Kevin O'Brien!!!

BanCricFan
England going down to bravehearts Ireland.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:12 AM
IRE is gonna win this and i feel they can Also beat WI and ned ......

3 wins for IRE .....

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 11:12 AM
fastest :100: in wc history :bravo::bravo:

well played son!

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:13 AM
100 of 50 balls .....

well done man

rinathq
Don't need to be worried bout Irish win, It's English bowling attack, it's extremely weak. Doesn't mean WI will follow too!
I an enjoying this match, hoping for the first upset of the WC!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Bancan
Give these guys Test Status.

al-Sagar
56 of 54 needed with 5 wickets in hand

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:14 AM
I don't see Eng getting out of this.

PS: I take back what I said about the Ireland getting ODI status right in the beginning .. they so deserve it!

beshideshi
March 2, 2011, 11:14 AM
What a knock Kevin O'Brien, what a knock. One of the best ODI knocks I have ever seen.

Zeeshan
March 2, 2011, 11:15 AM
England going down to bravehearts Ireland.

That was Scotland... ;)

SS
March 2, 2011, 11:15 AM
but IRE doesnot have any more batsmen...this will be close can Irish pull it off!

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:16 AM
3rd umpire ...........

Bancan
THis is out.

rinathq
Guys is the batting PP taken?

BanCricFan
March 2, 2011, 11:17 AM
Oh! Nooooo!

al-Sagar
and gone .................

can england fight back ??????????

will this be another tie ???????

Roni_uk
100 - well done.

This Group B is totallly f********d up!!

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:18 AM
Guys is the batting PP taken?

yes, in 32-36 over

Bancan
I think Ireland just lost the match.

Night_wolf
well played cusak:bravo:
he gave kevin enough support

now can ireland close the game?

SS
gone i think Irish won't able to make it with their tail enders

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:19 AM
100 - well done.

This Group B is totallly f********d up!!

in some amazing circumstance the 4 teams to qualify from this gorup can be SA, ind, BD and IRE

Night_wolf
March 2, 2011, 11:19 AM
Give these guys Test Status.

:up:..yes i hope england gets a slap from ireland for steeling their players

Nafi
March 2, 2011, 11:20 AM
How?

Bottom line is this, WI and England (the statistical rivals for 4th place against Bangladesh) losing is advantageous for Bangladesh.

Obviously Bangladesh need to put in the hard work and win games as well.

But this helps things a lot more

al-Sagar
K O brien needs to keep his head cool and stay till the end

BanCricFan
Still Irish the favourite to win this. O Kevin O'Brien, finish the job!!

Nafi
Ok tailenders just concentrate on taking singles, its nearly run a ball from here, give strike to Kevin O brien

_Rafi_
March 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
For cricket's greater sack I want Ireland to win. Go Ireland go.

Bancan
I think Ireland deserves the Test status.

Roni_uk
Has Kevin been bought by any of the IPL teams? Does anyone know from top of their head?

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:22 AM
Bottom line is this, WI and England (the statistical rivals for 4th place against Bangladesh) losing is advantageous for Bangladesh.

Obviously Bangladesh need to put in the hard work and win games as well.

But this helps things a lot more

but also now we have IRELAND added as Our rival.

if u think deeply u will find out, actually now eng, WI, Ire and BD will be fighting for 3rd and 4th places

allrounder
Who said Ireland should not get full ICC membership?

BanCricFan
Moon it Mooney!

ialbd
March 2, 2011, 11:24 AM
Broad to KJ O'Brien, OUT, heartbreak for Ireland! It's a run out that breaks the stand. O'Brien blocked hard to point, Cusack set off for one before turning back to save his partner. The throw came into Broad who under-armed onto the stumps to beat Cusack's dive. Brilliant example of a supportive innings from Cusack, just calmly gave O'Brien the strike and finished it by sacrificing himself

Lagaan type bepar shepar dekhi....

Zeeshan
March 2, 2011, 11:24 AM
dhur...amar knowtomotion place slip korbe ireland jitle :mad:

rinathq
March 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
I think as Bangladeshi crowd we should enjoy this!
Even if England wins now, it's not gonna hugely change the fact that their bowling attack is horrible. They gave away 292 against Netherland, 338 against India and now struggling to defend an odd 330 runs against Irish. From this I can conclude that Bangladesh should be able to score 250+ against then and unlike the other suckish bowling attack, we can very well defend or chase that in Chittagong which will be a spin attack

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
Who said Ireland should not get full ICC membership?

1. sehwag: he will tell IRE bowling is ordinary, cant take 20 wickets in a test match

2. Geoffrey Boycot: he will tell his great grandmother can bowl better than Irish doodlers.

Padosan
March 2, 2011, 11:26 AM
Broad will be the man for England and i think he is going to take some key wickets now.

My heart wants a IRE win though

_Rafi_
Moon it Mooney!

yeah. Moon it and take three runs and rotate strike. England cant take catches.

Roni_uk
Eng giving Kevin just 1 run!

al-Sagar
47 of 39 ... ...

Anher
Broad's this over very crucial for ireland win....

allrounder
March 2, 2011, 11:27 AM
It will not slip for people who are at 1 right now. Only 4% selected Ireland and none of them are holding 1st position.

dhur...amar knowtomotion place slip korbe ireland jitle :mad:

al-Sagar
45 of 38

Roni_uk
I think as Bangladeshi crowd we should enjoy this!
Even if England wins now, it's not gonna hugely change the fact that their bowling attack is horrible. They gave away 292 against Netherland, 338 against India and now struggling to defend an odd 330 runs against Irish. From this I can conclude that Bangladesh should be able to score 250+ against then and unlike the other suckish bowling attack, we can very well defend or chase that in Chittagong which will be a spin attack

Its the pitch - pure flat batting pitch this one.

SS
March 2, 2011, 11:29 AM
Broad to KJ O'Brien, OUT, heartbreak for Ireland! It's a run out that breaks the stand. O'Brien blocked hard to point, Cusack set off for one before turning back to save his partner. The throw came into Broad who under-armed onto the stumps to beat Cusack's dive. Brilliant example of a supportive innings from Cusack, just calmly gave O'Brien the strike and finished it by sacrificing himself

Lagaan type bepar shepar dekhi....

ho hope amago Sir shahbe can do that he sometimes can't jump as jersey might get dirty

Zeeshan
Four!

6alltheway
We can take England.

mbssr
March 2, 2011, 11:30 AM
if England wins, we can even move to QF even if we dont win against WI. Seems like WI will lose to Ireland. then Ned will win against Ireland.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:30 AM
39 of 35

IREland are favourites

Zeeshan
March 2, 2011, 11:31 AM
Even if Ireland loses...O'Brien should get MoM...

Padosan
March 2, 2011, 11:32 AM
If BD doesnt score 300 against ENG ;), BD batting have some serious thinking to do.

SS
u tell me if this team does not deserve in second round...

BanCricFan
That was Scotland... ;)

Scotland/Ireland the same when it comes to England. ;)

al-Sagar
two dots

39 of 33

Rizvi
any link past the office firewall?

SS
If BD doesnt score 300 against ENG ;), BD batting have some serious thinking to do.

with our batters don't even dream that unless TK and top order gives solid start

Zeeshan
March 2, 2011, 11:33 AM
four

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:33 AM

but BD dont play ENG in bangalore, they play ENG in CTG which is not a flat deck

SS
March 2, 2011, 11:34 AM
parbona ki ke jane...35 from 30 parar to kotha wicket thakle

al-Sagar
34 of 29

K O B doing the right thing playing sensibly taking singles and trying to stay till the end

ialbd
england persisting with their fast bowlers...... they keep forgetting its the medium/slow bowlers that rule the subcontinent pitch...

Zeeshan
March 2, 2011, 11:35 AM
lol commie talked about cusack...commie mad :floor:

roman
March 2, 2011, 11:36 AM
Ireland should get Test status. They are playing some amazing cricket...

al-Sagar
:four:

28 of 25

Akib
I don't even know who to support... I'm so confused

Zeeshan
300-6 :-d

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:37 AM
just turned on BBC Radio Five & guess who I hear - Geoff Boycott!!!

300 up. GB is betting on Ireland, believe it or not!!!

_Rafi_
March 2, 2011, 11:37 AM
Kevin's mom and dad should leave the stadium before having any heart-attack.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:38 AM
27 of four overs

4 wickets in hand

most important KOB is still there

ialbd
March 2, 2011, 11:38 AM
o'brien tired dekhe mooney dhumay 4 martese..... its ireland's night tonight.... congrats ireland..

SS
March 2, 2011, 11:39 AM
Irish Lagaan

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:39 AM
dot ball

27 of 23

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:40 AM

Mr UPSET, here he comes!!!

SS
Mooney making Ash here.

BanCricFan
They were not very calm against us, Nasser!

But, yes, the Irish batters are keeping their shape.

roman
What a game this has been so far....

al-Sagar
o'brien tired dekhe mooney dhumay 4 martese..... its ireland's night tonight.... congrats ireland..

o brien sesh porjonto thakbe

last over e 10-15 laagle then pitay match ber korbe

taar aage onno end e batsman risk nebe

4 by mooney

23 of 21

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:41 AM
22 of 19 ........

Rubu
How?

Ire gets 4 points total (most possibly). Given we need 3 wins to qualify anyway, they are not a concern for us. It is basically taking two points away from people who are supposed to be on top of us.

roman
Ireland's win will make things harder for bangladesh

_Rafi_
50 members in the thread...great going

al-Sagar
this will be the highest succesful run chase ever ... ...

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:42 AM
Over throwwwwwwwwwwwww - 2 runs!!!

Zeeshan
20 off 18...3 sixes reqd.

Tehsin
What just happened? The last update that I saw, ireland was 150 runs behind with 5 wickets gone and 17 overs left. Now this? I am glad we won.

allrounder
Is Ireland going to QF?

Zeeshan
Ireland's win will make things harder for bangladesh

How?

Akib
The english are just broken. They need wickets!

Why fast bowlers? They should take the pace of the ball.

SS
March 2, 2011, 11:43 AM
Epic game....thrilling...not sure if they can pull it off...but this is better than the last game of End vs Ind

al-Sagar
Ire gets 4 points total (most possibly). Given we need 3 wins to qualify anyway, they are not a concern for us. It is basically taking two points away from people who are supposed to be on top of us.

we are hoping to beat WI , and IRELAND will also.

and after watching IRE bead ENG today who do you think are most likely to beat WI ??? BD or IRE ???

BanCricFan
Here comes the premier pacer...

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:44 AM
20 from the last 3 overs!!!!
This is unbelievable!!!

_Rafi_
I want 120 meters! Come on Kevin

Padosan
How abt a TIE !!! Another TIE !!!

al-Sagar
March 2, 2011, 11:45 AM
How?

do ur maths......

now ENG, WI, IRE and BD all will be fighting for 3rd and 4th place

beshideshi
March 2, 2011, 11:46 AM
so many teams in the group just makes the calculations so much more complicated :@

al-Sagar
17 of 14 .........

roman
How?

Please correct me if I am wrong but lets say BD looses to England and SA and Ireland beats WI, Ned they'll go to QF based on RR. too many competition for 3rd and 4th place

Akib
Ireland seems much more composed than they did against us...

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:47 AM
GB - "England needs to make another hatrick in this WC to get out of this"

This guy is like giving commentary as if he is in a pub.

ialbd
March 2, 2011, 11:47 AM
I am glad we won.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Tehsin bhai.... shudhu 'glad' ektu kom hoye gelo mone hoy...

amar to arekbar bijoy michhil bair korte ichha kortese.

how did we manage to contain ireland for just 178. The BD crowd was indeed the man of the match....

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:48 AM

12 off 12 balls

Bancan

12 of 12

BanCricFan
Ireland wins!

Xavier

al-Sagar
Please correct me if I am wrong but lets say BD looses to England and SA and Ireland beats WI, Ned they'll go to QF based on RR. too many competition for 3rd and 4th place

have u picked a winner between the WI vs ENG game ????

Night_wolf
no way out for eng now!!!...12 of 12

Rubu
we are hoping to beat WI , and IRELAND will also.

and after watching IRE bead ENG today who do you think are most likely to beat WI ??? BD or IRE ???

If we do not beat WI, there is no point of talking about QF. With 4 points we cannot get there regardless of who IR beats. But if we do beat WI, get should get 6 points. If IR beats WI as well, then it will be WI and NE who gets out for sure. Then it will come to NRR between us and IR (given we lose to Eng, if we win, no need for NRR). In that case, we can get a good RR against NE to get to quater final.

If IR wins today, and we can beat EN, they will be eliminated.

Akib
March 2, 2011, 11:49 AM
I'm hoping for a hattrick, just to make it more interesting :)

But after seeing this, whose bowling is worse? India or England?

al-Sagar
12 of 12

BanCricFan
How abt a TIE !!! Another TIE !!!

Irish all the way!!

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:50 AM
Ohhhhooo probably OUT..

Bancan
Out

Zeeshan
gone.

Rubu
My guess still is that IR will not make too many upsets but if they win this one, they will still lose to WI and all they will be doing is take away two points from Eng who is on paper a competitor of us.

Akib
Why would you go for a 2.....

Roni_uk
March 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Kob - out

BanCricFan
Fantastic wicket keeping!!!

Night_wolf
they need 12 of 12..why go for the extra run!..stupid!

al-Sagar
If we do not beat WI, there is no point of talking about QF. With 4 points we cannot get there regardless of who IR beats. But if we do beat WI, get should get 6 points. If IR beats WI as well, then it will be WI and NE who gets out for sure. Then it will come to NRR between us and IR (given we lose to Eng, if we win, no need for NRR). In that case, we can get a good RR against NE to get to quater final.

If IR wins today, and we can beat EN, they will be eliminated.

u r right

BUT

there is one final problem .....

the ENG vs WI game ...... one of those two is gonna win the game and will create some complexity

6alltheway
2 records being broken in 1 day against England! Could not ask for more !